PDA

View Full Version : Joe Thez-smann says Jabba-Marcus Russell won’t won’t play QB in NFL

Bronco Rob
04-08-2010, 10:27 AM
Joe Theismann says JaMarcus Russell won’t won’t play QB in NFL

The Oakland Raiders may give Jabba-Marcus Russell another shot to prove he’s an NFL quarterback, but Joe Theismann has seen enough. The former Washington Redskins quarterback ripped the former Williamson High and LSU star on Sirius NFL radio on Wednesday, as reported on NFL.com, and suggested that the Raiders, who showed interest in Donovan McNabb, go after the quarterback McNabb will replace in Washington, Jason Campbell. “If I was the Oakland Raiders, I would be on the phone with (Redskins GM) Bruce Allen and see what kind of deal we could make for Jason Campbell,” Theismann said. “Because I can tell you conclusively that JaMarcus Russell will never be able to play quarterback in the National Football League. “He’s 290 pounds. At 265 he’s too big. He’s inaccurate and he’s too big. And he doesn’t throw the ball well. … JaMarcus just doesn’t get it.” — Press-Register

http://benmaller.com/nfl/

Los Broncos
04-08-2010, 10:39 AM
He seems to play pretty well in Denver.

Archer81
04-08-2010, 10:42 AM
http://tinyurl.com/yfbhmxl

Pimp Jamarcus cares not for Joe Theisman...

:Broncos:

Tombstone RJ
04-08-2010, 10:53 AM
I'm gonna have to disagree with Joe on this one. JR is da bomb. All JR needs to do is be JR. Al was right in his bringing JR in and Al knows it. Al is right and JR is right.

Joe, you just don't get it. Shut up.

Eldorado
04-08-2010, 10:59 AM
I'm gonna have to disagree with Joe on this one. JR is da bomb. All JR needs to do is be JR. Al was right in his bringing JR in and Al knows it. Al is right and JR is right.

Exactly. I think they need to give jamammoth an extension. Like a record setting 15 year deal. Fully guaranteed.

broncocalijohn
04-08-2010, 12:51 PM
Theismann is just a playa hata. Give the ball to JR and let him do what he does best. Just bench his ass when he comes to Denver.

Taco John
04-08-2010, 01:01 PM
I would have gone with Joe Thigh-semen...

Dagmar
04-08-2010, 01:04 PM

Ewwwwwwwwwww...

Bronco Rob
04-08-2010, 01:05 PM

"Though the family name is pronounced Thees-man, Joe was up for the Heisman Trophy in 1970 after a stellar year as quarterback at Notre Dame. Theismann says Notre Dame’s PR director changed his name to rhyme with the prize (Thighs-man). He finished second in the voting to Jim Plunkett of Stanford University."

:thumbs:

mhgaffney
04-08-2010, 02:28 PM
I will never forget that great SB in 1983 when the hogs were hogs

and Riggins ran wild.

That was one of the memorable SBs.

gunns
04-08-2010, 03:24 PM

Yeah you're right. He should be the QB for the Raiders for YEARS to come. And may Al live forever!

Pony Boy
04-08-2010, 03:39 PM

OK, but please............don't post the broken leg video

Tombstone RJ
04-08-2010, 04:08 PM
I will never forget that great SB in 1983 when the hogs were hogs

and Riggins ran wild.

That was one of the memorable SBs.

Your kidding right?

Popps
04-08-2010, 04:13 PM
Why hasn't this been posted yet?

Do I have to do everything?

Killericon
04-08-2010, 05:08 PM
“He’s 290 pounds. At 265 he’s too big. He’s inaccurate and he’s too big. And he doesn’t throw the ball well. … JaMarcus just doesn’t get it.”

I like how the part about him not throwing the ball comes AFTER the part where he's too big.

Hogan11
04-08-2010, 05:16 PM
Why hasn't this been posted yet?

Do I have to do everything?

Why are you posting pics of Prince Fielder in a J. Russell thread?

Dudeskey
04-08-2010, 05:28 PM
I'm with Al on this one... Jamarcus is a great player, get over it

Caveat Lector
04-08-2010, 05:44 PM
He seems to play pretty well in Denver.

He played well against the 'Slowik' Defense, and punked a midget rookie CB, hardly a great claim to fame...

Mogulseeker
04-08-2010, 06:09 PM
Offensive Guard?

I say we bring him in as a #4 option at QB.

p7superfly
04-08-2010, 06:15 PM
I think I posted it here, but I heard from a dude who was hanging out with Russell after the combine said he was sipping on liquid pain killers - all the time - and seemed to be addicted.

It shouldn't be something I'd wish upon anyone. Addiction is a b****.

... but it was the Raiders ... and he was their new franchise 60 million dollar man...

...and a smile creapt to my face.

ZONA
04-08-2010, 06:37 PM
Exactly. I think they need to give jamammoth an extension. Like a record setting 15 year deal. Fully guaranteed.

Yup, that would be a very smart move for the Raiders and I can guarantee you that they would be in the hunt for the Superbowl every single year and Broncos fans would be hating life if that kind of deal were to happen. 8')

Circle Orange
04-14-2010, 10:10 PM
http://tinyurl.com/yfbhmxl

Pimp Jamarcus cares not for Joe Theisman...

:Broncos:

Countrified Bammer. Amazing how slimming a massive fur coat can be, when you've got the shape of a ripe pear.

Circle Orange
04-14-2010, 10:13 PM
I like how the part about him not throwing the ball comes AFTER the part where he's too big.

How is Jamarcus too big? I'd say he's rather average for a nose tackle! http://scosoft.com/s/Sport/24ac623e.gif