PDA

View Full Version : OT-Watching the NFL Network...

Archer81
04-07-2010, 12:44 PM
Saw one of those coach commercials. Had McDaniels in it. First time I have seen him in an NFLN commercial.

:Broncos:

Requiem
04-07-2010, 12:45 PM
Who?

yerner
04-07-2010, 12:46 PM
Who gives a ****..

Beantown Bronco
04-07-2010, 12:46 PM
That's the NFL Network. I'm not surprised.

Dagmar
04-07-2010, 12:50 PM
Who gives a ****..

Do you post anything but negative ****? I hate Quinn, I hate McD, I hate Orton.

**** up.

Dagmar
04-07-2010, 12:52 PM
Anyway, was he as handsome as I imagine?

Requiem
04-07-2010, 12:55 PM
How gay are you Dagmar?

Beantown Bronco
04-07-2010, 12:57 PM
How gay are you Dagmar?

He likes Muse and Coldplay..... :wiggle:

Archer81
04-07-2010, 12:58 PM
Anyway, was he as handsome as I imagine?

Uhh...yes?

PRBronco
04-07-2010, 01:04 PM
Haven't seen it, but if they had any sense at all they'd have him drop an mf bomb for max lols.

Archer81
04-07-2010, 01:06 PM
He likes Muse and Coldplay..... :wiggle:

You have to factor in his Europeanness. That skews the "gay" factor. Unless he also enjoys techno.

Then you have a case.

BigPlayShay
04-07-2010, 01:16 PM
"All I want is an Orange Crush". That one?

Dagmar
04-07-2010, 01:25 PM
I DO like He Man... it all makes sense!

http://www.nastyhobbit.org/forum/animated_gifs/heman-is-gay.gif

Archer81
04-07-2010, 01:26 PM
"All I want is an Orange Crush". That one?

Yup.

s0phr0syne
04-07-2010, 03:37 PM
That's the NFL Network. I'm not surprised.

BEAT ME TO IT!

:notworthy^5

although it's supposed to be "doesn't surprise me"...

tsiguy96
04-07-2010, 03:54 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tcrl7BPY-64&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tcrl7BPY-64&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

PRBronco
04-07-2010, 03:57 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tcrl7BPY-64&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tcrl7BPY-64&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Haha man, I love that guy, I don't understand how some people (especially Broncos fans) can be so bent out of shape about him.

Also Polumbus looks like a giant in that shot. I guess he kind of is one.

tsiguy96
04-07-2010, 04:06 PM
Haha man, I love that guy, I don't understand how some people (especially Broncos fans) can be so bent out of shape about him.

Also Polumbus looks like a giant in that shot. I guess he kind of is one.

when anyone is in the same shot as mcdaniels they look like a giant

Kaylore
04-07-2010, 04:19 PM

Two Reasons: He's not Shanahan and he traded Cutler.

The first is more to do with comfort and nostalgia. Not many people remember the hopelessness and heartache it was to be a Broncos fan before 1997. I remember after the Jags game there were fans that said "better lose now than in the SB like we always do." There were many who didn't think Elway had what it takes to win a championship.

Shanahan changed all that. Within a year's time (98-99) we had two trophies and were on top of the football world. All the grief was gone. He also never fielded a really bad team in his time here. Even when his personnel were below average, which toward the end was pretty common, his coaching prowess always put at worst a 7-9 team on the field. There are many who would rather take the comfort of mediocrity over a risk that could blow up in your face. McDaniels is the unknown, and that uncertainty has created panic and resentment for the man that represents the face of the change. McDaniels has no rings and is young and so there is a lot of fear and mistrust because he is unfamiliar.

The other side is trading Cutler. No sports town is more obsessed with QB's with big arms than Denver. Football is a religion and JC was many fans' messiah. Trading him for not as flashy, more methodical, and far less athletic QB completely infurriated the people who quite literally worshiped Cutler. He was everything to them and his woes in Chi-town won't change that. Arguing with them is pointless because you would be fighting an idea in their mind, not reality, and they won't let that go.

I also think him and Xanders' both being rookies resulted in some early mistakes that exacerbated the issue. They have made legitimate mistakes at points, so not all criticism is blind emotion, it's just the genesis of it. However I don't believe things would be that much different even if they hadn't made some of those poor choices. I'm willing to give McDaniels a pass on a few provided he shows he can learn and our team gets better. I love where he's taking the team having felt that for years we were too soft and too stupid. I believe in his vision but have doubts about it's execution. If we go 8-8 or worse again next year it will be clear that the proof is not in the pudding to me - especially of some of the larger problems we've had continue to be an issue.

crush17
04-07-2010, 04:23 PM
perfection Kaylore... EXACTLY my thoughts on everything.

well done, and rep once again.