PDA

View Full Version : My 2nd attempt at a mock

Harvitz81
04-07-2010, 08:08 AM
1. Rams - Bradford, released Bulger all signs point to Bradford
2. Lions - Suh, I think Okung is a better pick here, but they think Backus is fine
3. Bucs - McCoy
4. Redskins - Okung
5. queefs - Dan Williams, clearly last year they showed that they will overreach for a player on the D-line
6. Seahawks - Trent Williams
7. Browns - Eric Berry
8. Faiders - Bruce Campbell - Al Davis loves measurables
9. Bills - CJ Spiller - this is my surprise pick in the top ten. Clausen is now in free fall. Look for the bills to make a draft day trade of Lynch
10. Jags - Haden

11. Broncos - Odrick, our RDE has a huge hole and Odrick can split time with McBean before eventually starting. Head and shoulders the best 5-tech in the draft. Bulaga is also an option as well. With Clausen on the board we may be able to trade down a little and pick up an additional 2nd or 3rd.

45. JD Walton, C - we get our center here. I think he is more pro-ready than Pouncey.
80. John Jerry, OG,OT - Can play on the inside and backup Harris. Might not be here. Asamoah could be an option as well
114 - Montario Hardesty, RB - Might not be here, but I think this pick is used on a RB
134 - Trade Scheffler for Browns 5th rounder - Jacoby Ford, WR - we see Ford (or possibly Shipley) on the board and unload Scheffler to get him
183 - George Selvie, OLB - Selvie was once considered a 1st rounder if he came out a couple years ago, but currently is rated as a 6th-7th rounder now.
220 - John Conner, FB - Old School lead blocker and with a name like John Conner, he is destined to lead us to salvation.

Free Agency - Best Punter Available, another NT ala Chris Baker, ILB for depth

BowlenBall
04-07-2010, 08:13 AM
Well thought-out mock here... don't necessarily like the picks, but they're all very reasonable and address team needs.

cmhargrove
04-07-2010, 08:16 AM
1. Rams - Bradford, released Bulger all signs point to Bradford
2. Lions - Suh, I think Okung is a better pick here, but they think Backus is fine
3. Bucs - McCoy
4. Redskins - Okung
5. queefs - Dan Williams, clearly last year they showed that they will overreach for a player on the D-line
6. Seahawks - Trent Williams
7. Browns - Eric Berry
8. Faiders - Bruce Campbell - Al Davis loves measurables
9. Bills - CJ Spiller - this is my surprise pick in the top ten. Clausen is now in free fall. Look for the bills to make a draft day trade of Lynch
10. Jags - Haden

11. Broncos - Odrick, our RDE has a huge hole and Odrick can split time with McBean before eventually starting. Head and shoulders the best 5-tech in the draft. Bulaga is also an option as well. With Clausen on the board we may be able to trade down a little and pick up an additional 2nd or 3rd.

45. JD Walton, C - we get our center here. I think he is more pro-ready than Pouncey.
80. John Jerry, OG,OT - Can play on the inside and backup Harris. Might not be here. Asamoah could be an option as well
114 - Montario Hardesty, RB - Might not be here, but I think this pick is used on a RB
134 - Trade Scheffler for Browns 5th rounder - Jacoby Ford, WR - we see Ford (or possibly Shipley) on the board and unload Scheffler to get him
183 - George Selvie, OLB - Selvie was once considered a 1st rounder if he came out a couple years ago, but currently is rated as a 6th-7th rounder now.
220 - John Conner, FB - Old School lead blocker and with a name like John Conner, he is destined to lead us to salvation.

Free Agency - Best Punter Available, another NT ala Chris Baker, ILB for depth

I like it a lot, but if i was the GM, I would pull the trigger on Bulaga over Odrick. Or, I would hope someone wants Clausen bad enough to trade for our spot.

Otherwise, nice job - fills a lot of needs. I certainly wouldn't be unhappy if we got Jerry for LG - he's another player I like for his versatility.

ColoradoBuff
04-07-2010, 08:33 AM
A for effort but i highly doubt Odrick goes as high as 11 and with cutting Davis would rather see us take McClain or bpa like Spiller/Bulaga/etc.!

PRBronco
04-07-2010, 08:39 AM
Omg I wholeheartedly approve drafting someone named John Conner.

Not a fan of Walton though. Not really huge on any of the centers this year actually, I'm having mild panic attacks about it.

Oh yeah and if Bulaga's available and we don't pick him I might :garcia:

Harvitz81
04-07-2010, 09:27 AM
Omg I wholeheartedly approve drafting someone named John Conner.

Not a fan of Walton though. Not really huge on any of the centers this year actually, I'm having mild panic attacks about it.

Oh yeah and if Bulaga's available and we don't pick him I might :garcia:

I thought about Bulaga, but figured there are several prospects in the draft that are comparable to him that could be had later. Ducasse, Jerry, etc.

I picked Odrick because he is the clear cut best 5-tech in the draft and we have a huge hole at DE opposite Bannan. After Odrick the talent level really drops off. I can see Odrick getting significant playing time while the others might not.

We definitely are drafting a center and I think it will definitely be with one of our 2nd or 3rd rounders.

Ideally I would love to trade back and get an extra 2nd or 3rd, but that is much easier said than done.

Harvitz81
04-07-2010, 09:34 AM
A for effort but i highly doubt Odrick goes as high as 11 and with cutting Davis would rather see us take McClain or bpa like Spiller/Bulaga/etc.!

there is talk of Odrick going as high as 7 to cleveland and the pats are in love with him as well and could trade ahead of us with Jax to nab him. I'm almost certain that Odrick will go top 15, so I don't feel that at 11 he is a reach.

I don't think that cutting Davis means we are going McClain at 11. I really don't think his value is there and I see him more of a late 1st to early 2nd round pick honestly. LBs that are hyped before the draft always seem to fall when the draft actually comes. Besides, I like Weatherspoon better as he can play inside and outside and is much more of a vocal leader.

Also, with the amount of money we are paying DJ, I doubt that we take a LB at 11 as that will be a huge amount of guaranteed money to just the ILBs. I really see Haggan and Larsen battling it out for the starting position and don't see us taking an ILB with a high pick or at all.

just my opinion.

ColoradoBuff
04-07-2010, 10:03 AM
guess we will have to agree to disagree. McClain will go in the Top 20 for sure! I'm just not sold on Odrick....if the Pats wanna move up ahead of us, so be it. let them overpay for him.

Drek
04-07-2010, 10:48 AM
guess we will have to agree to disagree. McClain will go in the Top 20 for sure! I'm just not sold on Odrick....if the Pats wanna move up ahead of us, so be it. let them overpay for him.

Better yet, trade with the Pats ourselves, giving them #11 for #22, #44, and maybe a player.

Requiem
04-07-2010, 10:55 AM
**** Odrick. Are you for real?

Harvitz81
04-07-2010, 12:05 PM

No. I'm not for real. I did all this just to piss you off. Real good analysis btw...

ColoradoBuff
04-07-2010, 12:34 PM
Better yet, trade with the Pats ourselves, giving them #11 for #22, #44, and maybe a player.

I would love for that to happen!

ColoradoBuff
04-07-2010, 12:35 PM

2nd that motion!

Momentum
04-07-2010, 06:24 PM
Love this mock. Odrick is a reach, but he could prove to be worth it. I really love the Selvie pick. He reminds me of Xavier Adibi.