View Full Version : Leadership on mind of Broncos' Orton

oubronco
04-06-2010, 12:55 PM
Leadership on mind of Broncos' Orton
Linday H. Jones
The Denver Post

Posted: 04/06/2010 11:45:27 AM MDT
Updated: 04/06/2010 12:24:09 PM MDT

Broncos quarterback Kyle Orton talks with the media today at Dove Valley. (The Denver Post, John Leyba)Regardless if the teammate behind him is Brady Quinn, Chris Simms or Tom Brandstater, Broncos quarterback Kyle Orton said today that he views his biggest competition now as himself.

Orton has been a Bronco for just over a year — having arrived via trade on April 2, 2009 — and said is confident he will be able to improve in his second year as the team's starting quarterback.

Coach Josh McDaniels has said that Orton remains the starter despite the acquisition of Quinn in a trade with Cleveland last month.

"I told (McDaniels) I've never backed down from competition so it won't really change my mindset going into the season at all," Orton said. "My focus is on getting this offense where it needs to go. The more you can be around guys, and be that guy, and have everyone looking to you, the easier it is."

Orton said that the Broncos' offense is "already ahead" now compared to this time a year ago because of his familiarity with the playbook and with his teammates, especially receivers Eddie Royal and Jabar Gaffney. The team's top receiver from 2009, restricted free agent Brandon Marshall, has not joined the team for voluntary workouts and it remains unlikely Marshall will be a Bronco in 2010.

Orton said he would like to see Denver's offense open up more with downfield plays - "It's easy to talk about but certainly a lot harder to do," Orton said - and get Royal more involved. But the Broncos' first minicamp is still weeks away, so now is time for team building, which Orton said is his primary goal.

"I think I can take my leadership to a whole new level," Orton said. "To have a great offense you have to have a guy that demands it from everybody, starting with yourself, so I've got to demand perfection out of my play. I'm going to expect that from everyone on our offense as well."

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_14829860#ixzz0kLrsFZDv

Sounds good now go do it

Taco John
04-06-2010, 12:59 PM
It's on Mofos! Gaydy Queerbag Quinn won't know what hit him bromies! He's going to get a toe planted right in his pucker point!

/Kingneckbeard

oubronco
04-06-2010, 01:04 PM
It's on Mofos! Gaydy Queerbag Quinn won't know what hit him bromies! He's going to get a toe planted right in his pucker point!

/Kingneckbeard

classic :rofl:

Dagmar
04-06-2010, 01:18 PM
Leadership on mind of Broncos' Orton
Linday H. Jones
The Denver Post

Posted: 04/06/2010 11:45:27 AM MDT
Updated: 04/06/2010 12:24:09 PM MDT

Broncos quarterback Kyle Orton talks with the media today at Dove Valley. (The Denver Post, John Leyba)Regardless if the teammate behind him is Brady Quinn, Chris Simms or Tom Brandstater, Broncos quarterback Kyle Orton said today that he views his biggest competition now as himself.

Orton has been a Bronco for just over a year having arrived via trade on April 2, 2009 and said is confident he will be able to improve in his second year as the team's starting quarterback.

Coach Josh McDaniels has said that Orton remains the starter despite the acquisition of Quinn in a trade with Cleveland last month.

"I told (McDaniels) I've never backed down from competition so it won't really change my mindset going into the season at all," Orton said. "My focus is on getting this offense where it needs to go. The more you can be around guys, and be that guy, and have everyone looking to you, the easier it is."

Orton said that the Broncos' offense is "already ahead" now compared to this time a year ago because of his familiarity with the playbook and with his teammates, especially receivers Eddie Royal and Jabar Gaffney. The team's top receiver from 2009, restricted free agent Brandon Marshall, has not joined the team for voluntary workouts and it remains unlikely Marshall will be a Bronco in 2010.

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_14829860#ixzz0kLrsFZDv

Sounds good now go do it

Why does this come up in EVERY article? I really don't think it's as set in stone as this. Anyway, not a Marshall thread I know we have plenty.

Hamrob
04-06-2010, 04:48 PM
Glad to hear about him wanting to be more of a leader. In the NFL you lead on the field. Show us that you're more than a dink and dunk QB Orton! That's what I want to see. Start being a playmaker man!!!