PDA

View Full Version : Roh's Annual Wild 'n Wooly Dream Mock

Rohirrim
04-06-2010, 12:29 PM
First, the Seahawks wait until after they use their #6 and then they dial up the Broncos and offer their #14 and #104 for Marshall. The Broncos make the deal. Oddly enough, Marshall and his new wife just happen to be riding around in Paul Allen's seaplane, the contract is already written up, and he signs it before Berman can hash out the details on ESPN. Then, when the Broncos get to the #11 pick, the Eagles call. McClain is still on the board and they want him, BAD. They give up their #24 and #37. Finally, the Broncos can start drafting at the Hawk's pick, rightfully redeemed back to them (not to disparage the Fonz, or anything ;D).

Your Denver Broncos select:

14 - Dan Williams, NT
24 - Golden Tate, WR
37 - Arrelious Benn, WR
55 - Vladimir Ducasse, LG
80 - Koa Misi, OLB
104 - JD Walton, OC
114 - AJ Edds, LB
183 - Shawn Lauvao, OL

Turn out the lights when you're done celebrating. :wave:

SonOfLe-loLang
04-06-2010, 12:51 PM
Replace one of those receivers with a front seven guy and i'd love

GoBroncos84
04-06-2010, 01:00 PM
I'm hoping we keep Marshall, but replacing him with Benn and Tate is a nice consolation. Excellent draft

oubronco
04-06-2010, 02:34 PM
DE instead of WR and i'm jizzen

SoDak Bronco
04-06-2010, 02:51 PM
Decent draft, I'd love to have Pouncey instead of Golden at 24, and then we would have are starting center for the next 10 yrs.

mattob14
04-06-2010, 05:29 PM
First, the Seahawks wait until after they use their #6 and then they dial up the Broncos and offer their #14 and #104 for Marshall. The Broncos make the deal. Oddly enough, Marshall and his new wife just happen to be riding around in Paul Allen's seaplane, the contract is already written up, and he signs it before Berman can hash out the details on ESPN. Then, when the Broncos get to the #11 pick, the Eagles call. McClain is still on the board and they want him, BAD. They give up their #24 and #37. Finally, the Broncos can start drafting at the Hawk's pick, rightfully redeemed back to them (not to disparage the Fonz, or anything ;D).

14 - Dan Williams, NT
24 - Golden Tate, WR
37 - Arrelious Benn, WR
80 - Koa Misi, OLB
104 - JD Walton, OC
114 - AJ Edds, LB
183 - Shawn Lauvao, OL

I don't see Ducasse making it to 55, but if we could somehow move up to 45...:yayaya:

Great13
04-06-2010, 05:56 PM
I don't see Ducasse making it to 55, but if we could somehow move up to 45...:yayaya:

This. And I think.. if we want Williams we'll have to stay at 11. I don't think he'll slip past the dolphins at 12.

gunns
04-06-2010, 06:45 PM

14 - Dan Williams, NT
24 - Golden Tate, WR
37 - Arrelious Benn, WR
80 - Koa Misi, OLB
104 - JD Walton, OC
114 - AJ Edds, LB
183 - Shawn Lauvao, OL

I absolutely love the Misi pick although he's projected for round 2 now. Overall a very nice draft although I'd replace one of the WR with a safety or CB. Nice!

mhgaffney
04-06-2010, 07:02 PM
I think you go defense with #24. Like Odrick or Weatherspoon.

The rest of it looks good.

Play2win
04-07-2010, 12:49 AM
If we had 2 firsts, any combination of the following: Dan Williams, Weatherspoon, Spiller, or Golden Tate-- would be absolutely oustanding. :thumbsup:

OBF1
04-07-2010, 01:02 AM
I am totally with SoDak.... Forget Tate @24 and go with Pouncy or Iupati. We need all the line help we can get.

Rohirrim
04-07-2010, 10:21 AM
I just think a WR corps of Royal, Stokely, Gaffney, Benn and Tate would burn up the scoreboard and be a b**** to defense, especially inside the twenty. An Oline of Clady, Ducasse, Walton, Kupe and Harris would put some high octane into the running game. Lauvao is the kind of guy who can fill in anywhere, if needed. Dan and Jamal trade off at NT while Misi comes in for the rush opposite Doom (especially if Wink is going to put in the 5/2 on occasion) and Edds gives some solid LB depth. It's a double barrelled approach and would be an overall upgrade on both sides of the ball. If the Sheffler trade goes well, maybe we could also pick up a guy like McCluster to put a little fire into the whole package?

Requiem
04-07-2010, 12:00 PM
Walton should go higher than that and I think Misi might as well. Otherwise, it is a solid draft given your trades, but I would rather not double dip on receiver, but understand why you did so.

Momentum
04-07-2010, 07:24 PM
Two WR? Dan Williams? Did you make this just to make me mad?

Rohirrim
04-15-2010, 01:05 PM
Okay. It looks like an update is in order.

Okay, the Marshall trade is done. Broncos get #43. Now, it's the Pats that call. They want Dez. They give up their #22 and #44 for the Broncos #11. Rams decide to give up their pick #99 for Sheffler. The Broncos also send the Dolphin's 2011 second to the Browns for their #71. Your Denver Broncos select:

22 - Mike Iupati, LG
43 - Arrelious Benn, WR
44 - Tyson Alualu, DE/OLB
45 - Toby Gerhart, RB
71 - Eric Norwood, LB
80 - Eric Decker, WR
99 - JD Walton, OC
114 - AJ Edds, LB
183 - Colin Peek, TE
220 - Anthony Levine, S/ST

Turn out the lights when you're done celebrating.

baja
04-15-2010, 01:17 PM
I liked the other one better. ;D

Rohirrim
04-15-2010, 01:20 PM
I liked the other one better. ;D

Trouble maker. ;D

ColoradoBuff
04-15-2010, 01:26 PM
Hmmmmm

crush17
04-15-2010, 01:29 PM
Hmmm... I'd rather have Pouncey than Iupati, but other than that, I like it.

Broncoman13
04-15-2010, 01:31 PM

Okay, the Marshall trade is done. Broncos get #43. Now, it's the Pats that call. They want Dez. They give up their #22 and #44 for the Broncos #11. Rams decide to give up their pick #99 for Sheffler. The Broncos also send the Dolphin's 2011 second to the Browns for their #71. Your Denver Broncos select:

22 - Mike Iupati, LG
43 - Arrelious Benn, WR
45 - Toby Gerhart, RB
71 - Eric Norwood, LB
80 - Eric Decker, WR
99 - JD Walton, OC
114 - AJ Edds, LB
183 - Colin Peek, TE

I like it... but I just don't know about Benn???

What about Pouncey instead of Iupati? Why Iupati over Pouncey... just curious.

Requiem
04-15-2010, 01:36 PM
The biggest concern I have with your draft is the Broncos not taking some player to develop at the nose tackle position. I'm not sure what your board looks like, but the value does seem iffy on a lot of those prospects (going later than they should, IMHO -- Benn, Decker, Walton) -- but I can say I would be pleased with that haul.

What is your defense for not drafting a prospect for nosetackle?

gunns
04-15-2010, 01:42 PM

22 - Mike Iupati, LG
43 - Arrelious Benn, WR
45 - Toby Gerhart, RB
71 - Eric Norwood, LB
80 - Eric Decker, WR
99 - JD Walton, OC
114 - AJ Edds, LB
183 - Colin Peek, TE

I just can't buy that Belichick would trade up in the first round especially for a wide receiver. I don't know, maybe it's cause I'm just not as crazy about this draft. It just doesn't sing for me. :lalalala:

Rohirrim
04-15-2010, 01:44 PM
I like it... but I just don't know about Benn???

What about Pouncey instead of Iupati? Why Iupati over Pouncey... just curious.

I predict Benn will be a scoring machine in the NFL. Call it a gut feeling. He had an injury plagued junior year and still came out the fourth most productive WR in Illini history. I think he'll be something. As far as Pouncey and Iupati, I think Iupati would hit the field sooner and have the bigger impact.

Rohirrim
04-15-2010, 01:45 PM
I just can't buy that Belichick would trade up in the first round especially for a wide receiver. I don't know, maybe it's cause I'm just not as crazy about this draft. It just doesn't sing for me. :lalalala:

He has three seconds. I think he will.

Rohirrim
04-15-2010, 01:51 PM
The biggest concern I have with your draft is the Broncos not taking some player to develop at the nose tackle position. I'm not sure what your board looks like, but the value does seem iffy on a lot of those prospects (going later than they should, IMHO -- Benn, Decker, Walton) -- but I can say I would be pleased with that haul.

What is your defense for not drafting a prospect for nosetackle?

Can't get everything at once. :wiggle:

In this scenario, Dan Williams would be long gone. I'm not wild about the other NTs, although I'm still on the fence about Cody. I figure Fields and Jamal could get us through this year. As far as the value, this is right about where I have these guys. Maybe Cody would be a guy to look at if he was still there at 43. Decker is a real toss-up and could go anywhere from low second to fourth. In my own mock, I think the Chargers will take Alualu in with their first and Gerhart will make it into the first. But that's purely a wild hair on my part.

gunns
04-15-2010, 05:47 PM
Can't get everything at once. :wiggle:

In this scenario, Dan Williams would be long gone. I'm not wild about the other NTs, although I'm still on the fence about Cody. I figure Fields and Jamal could get us through this year. As far as the value, this is right about where I have these guys. Maybe Cody would be a guy to look at if he was still there at 43. Decker is a real toss-up and could go anywhere from low second to fourth. In my own mock, I think the Chargers will take Alualu in with their first and Gerhart will make it into the first. But that's purely a wild hair on my part.

So if we do stick at 11 would you stick with your first draft?

orinjkrush
04-16-2010, 02:44 PM
how about a variation on Rho's theme (no trade):

11 NT Dan Williams or G Iupati
43 C/G Pouncey (doubt he falls that far), then WR Arrelious Benn
45 G/T Ducasse
80 ILB Sean Lee
114 C JD Walton (if not Pouncey earlier)
183 KR Trindon Holliday
220 TE Scott Sicko or FB Jameson Konz