PDA

View Full Version : Is Shanahan copying Josh McDaniels?

Pages : 1 [2]

baja
04-07-2010, 07:32 AM
Just like Josh Mike is for the first time in his career is clearing out malcontents from his locker room.

OrangeCrush2724
04-07-2010, 07:49 AM
Wait, following a trend of a team that went .500?

scorpio
04-07-2010, 07:54 AM
You know what would be great? If mods had dedicated mod accounts, so we could ignore their other idiot postings.

baja
04-07-2010, 07:54 AM
Wait, following a trend of a team that went .500?

It is remarkable to have 8 wins durning a complete rebuild.

Most here and nationally predicted 4 wins Josh doubled that

OrangeCrush2724
04-07-2010, 07:59 AM
It is remarkable to have 8 wins durning a complete rebuild.

Most here and nationally predicted 4 wins Josh doubled that

I agree. I just think that it is as simple as Shanny wanting a better QB in Mcnab. Shanny tried to implement the 3-4 here, but didn't have the players to make a complete turnaround. Shanny realizing that Bigger oline is whats in, and small oline can't get it done like it used to. Not b/c of Josh.

TonyR
04-07-2010, 08:02 AM
Boy, I hope Haynsworth doens't put his house up for sale, demand a trade, and have his dad turn in his playbook.

I can't believe Shanahan is treating his best player this way! He can't get along with his players! He's running all the talent out of town! The franchise is set back 10 years! Snyder should fire him now! They'll be lucky to go 4-12 this year!

baja
04-07-2010, 08:05 AM
I can't believe Shanahan is treating his best player this way! He can't get along with his players! He's running all the talent out of town! The franchise is set back 10 years! Snyder should fire him now! They'll be lucky to go 4-12 this year!

Maybe he is a Trojan horse sent by Bowlen to destroy the Redskins we know Bowlen hates Snyder...

PRBronco
04-07-2010, 08:48 AM

I heard a rumour he might actually be considering bringing in players who he knows and are familiar with his system too :O HIS GUYS!?? zomgz locker room spyez!

GreatBronco16
04-07-2010, 09:38 AM
I heard a rumour he might actually be considering bringing in players who he knows and are familiar with his system too :O HIS GUYS!?? zomgz locker room spyez!

:giggle:

Too damn funny.

baja
04-07-2010, 09:52 AM

Who ever thought Shanny would stoop to copying a 32 year old first time HC???

PRBronco
04-07-2010, 09:59 AM
Who ever thought Shanny would stoop to copying a 32 year old first time HC???

Maybe they found they had something in common in that they both had no idea how to text or use the internet? :)

bowtown
04-07-2010, 10:08 AM
Maybe they found they had something in common in that they both had no idea how to text or use the internet? :)

Or win after the 8th game of the season.

PRBronco
04-07-2010, 10:12 AM
Or win after the 8th game of the season.

Hayoooo!

...:(

Dagmar
04-07-2010, 10:28 AM
How was Jordan a mistake...
You've got to be ****ting me. Don't you know that?
I get it. Mcdaniels couldn't have possibly made a mistake there, right?
And this is despite Mcd having already admitted mistakes, but you're not ready to concede yet, are you?
Where's Jordan at right now?
Thought so... :thumbsup:

Look, a freakout instead of answering the question.

CEH
04-07-2010, 10:44 AM
Redskins | Redskins part ways with TE Davis

Wed, 07 Apr 2010 12:30:10-0700

Dan Steinberg, of The Washington Post, reports Washington Redskins have cut TE Fred Davis. The team signed former Bronco Patrick Hape to fill the vacated TE position

Head coach Mike Shanahan said the team is delighted to have a person of high character join the team. "I think if you take a look at Patrick, you see a player who is familair with my system," Shanahan said. "I think a perfect scenario would be for Pat to come in here and compete for playing time. Even if he never see the field, we can also fake out one team early in the season with a TE pass. I think good things will happen with Patrick now on the team ."

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz0kRAB925q

bowtown
04-07-2010, 10:51 AM

Dan Steinberg, of The Washington Post, reports Washington Redskins have cut TE Fred Davis. The team signed former Bronco Patrick Hape to fill the vacated TE position

Head coach Mike Shanahan said the team is delighted to have a person of high character join the team. "I think if you take a look at Patrick, you see a player who is familair with my system," Shanahan said. "I think a perfect scenario would be for Pat to come in here and compete for playing time. Even if he never see the field, we can also fake out one team early in the season with a TE pass. I think good things will happen with Patrick now on the team ."

Nate Jackson really needs to start answering his phone.

bowtown
04-07-2010, 10:53 AM
I can't believe they couldn't get anything of value in a trade for Davis. He won't be unemployed for long.

DrFate
04-07-2010, 10:59 AM
Josh brings in someone else's starter (Orton) to run his system while he grooms someone else so Shanny runs out a steals McNabb.

So who exactly is he 'grooming'?

SouthStndJunkie
04-07-2010, 11:04 AM
I can't believe they couldn't get anything of value in a trade for Davis. He won't be unemployed for long.

They didn't cut Fred Davis....CEH is making it up.

2KBack
04-07-2010, 11:05 AM

Wow, that is a surprise to me. Fred Davis was one of the few bright spots on offense down the stretch last season. He was their second leading receiver and had twice as many TD's as any other player on the team. I understand their offense was terrible, but he is a young guy and started to show real promise. That is a mystifying cut in my opinion.

DenverBrit
04-07-2010, 11:05 AM
Fired a TE and signed one Shanny was familiar with.

It's the Long-snapper syndrome all over again.

Shanny has studied every move McD has made.

The draft should be interesting.

Will Shanny trade next years' first rounder for a Smurf and a ham sandwich?

SouthStndJunkie
04-07-2010, 11:07 AM
Wow, that is a surprise to me. Fred Davis was one of the few bright spots on offense down the stretch last season. He was their second leading receiver and had twice as many TD's as any other player on the team. I understand their offense was terrible, but he is a young guy and started to show real promise. That is a mystifying cut in my opinion.

It's mystifying because it's not true.

2KBack
04-07-2010, 11:09 AM
It's mystifying because it's not true.

What? Lies!?

Why must I trust so easily?

CEH
04-07-2010, 11:13 AM
They didn't cut Fred Davis....CEH is making it up.

I thought the Patrick Hape part would give it away instantly.

Hape was only good for one fake handoff 2 yard TD pass a year

bowtown
04-07-2010, 11:15 AM
I thought the Patrick Hape part would give it away instantly.

Hape was only good for one fake handoff 2 yard TD pass a year

Yeah, it should have. I'm off my game today. Good stuff.

Blueflame
04-07-2010, 12:37 PM
You still a mod? I'd hope not with this attitude.

But hey, thanks for finally admitting that you're a big part of why the general discourse on this place has declined over the last year plus. Congrats.

Yeah, I dared to have some fun (successfully) baiting a few McD zealots in a clearly "not-intended-to-be-taken-seriously" thread one day. I admit that.

If one had to stop having fun as a prerequisite to being a mod, no one would want the job, y'know. But someone has to do it. *shrug*

I've been here long enough to remember a time when everything wasn't taken so bloomin' seriously... when people could post their thoughts without the very next post being a personal attack for daring to think that. Or for daring to dislike/diss any team (or player) in the NFL that wasn't the Denver Broncos. Things have changed, all right. And it's the hostililty and intolerance of opinions other than one's own that is the primary cause. Some would prefer to rudely "shout down" any perspective other than the "accepted" one and instantly "go personal" (incorrectly in the vast majority of cases) than to just discuss the issues. The discussion would be far better if we could all stick to football and leave the juvenile insults on the playground where they belong.

Mr.Meanie
04-07-2010, 12:54 PM
Yeah, I dared to have some fun (successfully) trolling

edited for accuracy

TheReverend
04-07-2010, 12:55 PM
Baja's goal in starting this thread has been achieved 10x over.

baja
04-07-2010, 01:06 PM

<b>Head coach Mike Shanahan said the team is delighted to have a person of high character join the team. "I think if you take a look at Patrick, you see a player who is familair with my system," Shanahan said. "I think a perfect scenario would be for Pat to come in here and compete for playing time. Even if he never see the field, we can also fake out one team early in the season with a TE pass. I think good things will happen with Patrick now on the team ."</b>

see right out of a Josh presser - Mike have you no shame?

baja
04-07-2010, 01:08 PM
So who exactly is he 'grooming'?

We'll have to wait until April 23 or 24

Blueflame
04-07-2010, 01:12 PM
edited for accuracy

Fishing... baiting... trolling... all pretty much the same thing, no? Starting right out with the OP, it's pretty clear (to me anyway) this thread was not intended to be taken seriously or at "face value". It's not on me that some apparently didn't get the memo.

Florida_Bronco
04-07-2010, 02:41 PM
I find your crap to be offensive, and I don't mind at all giving you some well-deserved insults.

That's fine. After your recent fail session regarding Nolan's history and the Pats dominant defense, I'm more than confident that I can handle anything you throw at me.

How was Jordan a mistake...
You've got to be ****ting me. Don't you know that?
I get it. Mcdaniels couldn't have possibly made a mistake there, right?
And this is despite Mcd having already admitted mistakes, but you're not ready to concede yet, are you?
Where's Jordan at right now?
Thought so... :thumbsup:

Your ability to dodge questions is top notch. I think I'm going to start calling you Neo.

http://crackofdawn.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/imagesmatrix-dodge-this-small1.jpg

So again I ask, how was Jordan a mistake?

Fishing... baiting... trolling... all pretty much the same thing, no?

Congrats! Admittance is the first step. :thumbsup:

TonyR
04-07-2010, 03:21 PM
...Or for daring to dislike/diss any team (or player) in the NFL that wasn't the Denver Broncos. Things have changed, all right.

Yes, things have changed because many people appear to hate the Broncos and/or the head coach and/or owner of the Broncos.

Dagmar
04-07-2010, 03:32 PM
Blueflame, I won't insult you, other than to say dragster is on your side.

Blue. Dragster is on your side. That should serve as a wake up call.

It's cool you hate the Pats, I hate the Steelers for no real reason too, but I wish you'd give Josh a shot, i think this season is going to be legen....

...wait for it...

... and I hope you're not lactose intolerant...

...because the second half of that word is - dairy ! That's right, Legendary !

http://static.tvfanatic.com/images/gallery/barney-at-the-super-bowl.jpg

crush17
04-07-2010, 04:20 PM
This thread sucks.

(check out my awesome contribution!!)

;)

crush17
04-07-2010, 04:21 PM
actually this thread is effing awesome i take that back.

anytime Blueflame gets exposed for the complete idiot that she is = win

Drek
04-07-2010, 04:38 PM
Yeah, I dared to have some fun (successfully) baiting a few McD zealots in a clearly "not-intended-to-be-taken-seriously" thread one day. I admit that.

That would be great if this was the only thread you did that in, or if you didn't make it clear that you've done so previously.

Now maybe you where lying and all the previous LaMont Jordan thread jacks you've performed where because of genuine distaste for the guy, but its hard to see them as anything but trolling (which is what baiting is) when you've clearly outlined your views on it in this thread (or the fact that you run from a legitimate discussion as to why LaMont Jordan was on our team last year).

Maybe its just my own crazy views of **** but if a board doesn't want trolling and one of its mods view trolling as them "having fun" then maybe we've found the source for so many of the board's general conduct issues.

Inmates running the asylum syndrome at its finest. Totally explains how many people supported Cutler over the organization despite blatant deceit on his part. Or how many people are taken aback when McDaniels starts clearing out the old regime's players to bring in new blood ASAP.

It must be jarring to see people being held to the same standard as their peers, what with it being such an unfamiliar concept and all.

broncs2bowl
04-07-2010, 04:39 PM
yea

HAT
04-07-2010, 10:35 PM
Best....Thread...Ever.

BroncoBuff
04-07-2010, 11:12 PM
Just a guess. My mom's side of the family is mostly German and they have a tendency to believe things in spite of the over whelming proof to the contrary...kinda like you.

Anyways, here is my little parting gift to you.

Enjoy. ROFL!

http://theredzonereport.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/brady_super_bowl_trophy1.jpg

Impressive, no doubt.

But they are the most tainted team sport championships since the Black Sox scandal. I can think of a million reasons why.

BroncoBuff
04-07-2010, 11:24 PM
I've been here long enough to remember a time when everything wasn't taken so bloomin' seriously... when people could post their thoughts without the very next post being a personal attack for daring to think that.

Rep. The hostile lashing out against anyone who dare question Josh is very distasteful.

We could always criticize Shanahan without suffering such insecure savagery ... in fact, we had some very good discussions about Mike. The post I just made about the Patriots "tainted" championships ... people will attack that now, but before we hired Josh, there was consensus agreement.

It'd be hilarious if it wan't so sad.

Blueflame
04-07-2010, 11:30 PM
Yes, things have changed because many people appear to hate the Broncos and/or the head coach and/or owner of the Broncos.

People have always disagreed with each other on the Mane. But once upon a time they used to be able to do so without taking things so personally... it's just a message board. I truly wonder about some people's blood pressure possibly reaching dangerously high levels with some of the vitriol typed here nowadays.

Blueflame, I won't insult you, other than to say dragster is on your side.

Blue. Dragster is on your side. That should serve as a wake up call.

It's cool you hate the Pats, I hate the Steelers for no real reason too, but I wish you'd give Josh a shot, i think this season is going to be legen....

...wait for it...

... and I hope you're not lactose intolerant...

...because the second half of that word is - dairy ! That's right, Legendary !

http://static.tvfanatic.com/images/gallery/barney-at-the-super-bowl.jpg

Dag, I have never cared who agreed with me or who didn't.... and have never been afraid of expressing an unpopular one. Oh, well.

This thread sucks.

(check out my awesome contribution!!)

;)

It was the most unintentionally-funny thing I've seen in months. Thanks for the laughs.

actually this thread is effing awesome i take that back.

anytime Blueflame gets exposed for the complete idiot that she is = win

Um... I wasn't the one who was reaching to the stratosphere in an effort to defend LaMont Jordan... for the umpteenth time. I was the one pointing and laughing.

That would be great if this was the only thread you did that in, or if you didn't make it clear that you've done so previously.

Now maybe you where lying and all the previous LaMont Jordan thread jacks you've performed where because of genuine distaste for the guy, but its hard to see them as anything but trolling (which is what baiting is) when you've clearly outlined your views on it in this thread (or the fact that you run from a legitimate discussion as to why LaMont Jordan was on our team last year).

Maybe its just my own crazy views of **** but if a board doesn't want trolling and one of its mods view trolling as them "having fun" then maybe we've found the source for so many of the board's general conduct issues.

Inmates running the asylum syndrome at its finest. Totally explains how many people supported Cutler over the organization despite blatant deceit on his part. Or how many people are taken aback when McDaniels starts clearing out the old regime's players to bring in new blood ASAP.

It must be jarring to see people being held to the same standard as their peers, what with it being such an unfamiliar concept and all.

Did you have a point with this meandering drivel?

SoCalBronco
04-07-2010, 11:33 PM
You still a mod? I'd hope not with this attitude.

But hey, thanks for finally admitting that you're a big part of why the general discourse on this place has declined over the last year plus. Congrats.

Why would Blue criticizing what she believes to be useless Patriot related signings (Jordan) be an attitude problem...or a reason why general discourse has declined? That makes absolutely no sense.

We all have different opinions. We're not all willing to sit back and endlessly suck the team off. While this staff has done some great things, they've also made many questionable decisions. This desire to have everyone turn into kool aid drinking homers is baffling. That's NOT fun. That's not interesting...its not the type of atmosphere that is thought provoking, nor does it lend itself to a truly in depth and fact intensive analysis of the team and its issues. This isn't Broncomania. It never has been and never will be. That's what makes this board great.

baja
04-07-2010, 11:38 PM
Why would Blue criticizing what she believes to be useless Patriot related signings (Jordan) be an attitude problem...or a reason why general discourse has declined? That makes absolutely no sense.

We all have different opinions. We're not all willing to sit back and endlessly suck the team off. While this staff has done some great things, they've also made many questionable decisions. This desire to have everyone turn into kool aid drinking homers is baffling. That's NOT fun. That's not interesting...its not the type of atmosphere that is thought provoking, nor does it lend itself to a truly in depth and fact intensive analysis of the team and its issues. This isn't Broncomania. It never has been and never will be. That's what makes this board great.

I think it comes down to a question of degree So.Cal.

I think Josh's miscues have been discussed in a civilized manner for the most part.

It is the hate for the man that gets people's back up. It's unreasonable the crucify this guy at this early date.

BroncoBuff
04-07-2010, 11:41 PM
i think josh's miscues have been discussed in a civilized manner for the most part.

:spit:

Blueflame
04-07-2010, 11:43 PM
Rep. The hostile lashing out against anyone who dare question Josh is very distasteful.

We could always criticize Shanahan without suffering such insecure savagery ... in fact, we had some very good discussions about Mike. The post I just made about the Patriots "tainted" championships ... people will attack that now, but before we hired Josh, there was consensus agreement.

I'm kinda glad the Mane wasn't around when Shanahan acquired Dale Carter via FA... I'd have been labeled a Shanahan-hater for sure.

Florida_Bronco
04-07-2010, 11:47 PM

I agree Buff, but the problem is that the anti-Josh movement on the site is mainly comprised of people who pull the same loud, angry, vocal minority stunt and then cry like victims when they get smacked back down into their collective hole.

Me and you may not agree on everything, but 9 times out of 10 I can see the logic in how you came to your conclusion even if I think it's way off the mark. Most of the anti-Josh crowd can't say that.

They're like the teabaggers of Bronco nation. :giggle: Seriously, full of paranoia with lots of loud, angry hyperbole. How seriously can you take people who wish for our coach to fail just because they don't like him? Hell, how about the people who had the audacity to suggest that Josh was sent here by Belichick to wreck the franchise. :kiddingme

Blueflame
04-07-2010, 11:50 PM

QFT. The Mane is what it is... and has always been. Some are advocating a forum-mandated homogeneity of thoughts that are... or are not... allowed. Initiating... and then enforcing... such rules would quickly change the Mane into nothing but an uninteresting monoview of the Broncos where Poster One says: "I love the first round draft pick", Poster Number Two says: "Me too", Poster Number 3 says: "I love him more than you guys do". How interesting could that possibly be? (hint: It wouldn't be. At all.)

baja
04-07-2010, 11:54 PM
QFT. The Mane is what it is... and has always been. Some are advocating a forum-mandated homogeneity of thoughts that are... or are not... allowed. Initiating... and then enforcing... such rules would quickly change the Mane into nothing but an uninteresting monoview of the Broncos where Poster One says: "I love the first round draft pick", Poster Number Two says: "Me too", Poster Number 3 says: "I love him more than you guys do". How interesting could that possibly be? (hint: It wouldn't be. At all.)

Enough of this nonsense show me your breasts.

baja
04-07-2010, 11:58 PM
Baja's goal in starting this thread has been achieved 10x over.

I would be interested as to what you think my goal for this thread is.

BroncoBuff
04-08-2010, 12:01 AM

That's a week right there .... you better Blue, SoCal.

Blueflame
04-08-2010, 12:01 AM

LOL Well.... look through the tailgate threads and you just might find some pics in a camisole top... ;)

baja
04-08-2010, 12:02 AM
link please ;D

TheReverend
04-08-2010, 12:02 AM
I would be interested as to what you think my goal for this thread is.

You know exactly what I think the intention was and you agree with it:

Is Shanahan copying... 04-07-2010 01:12 PM baja It's a funny thread have you read it?

Play on. The concept is just too revolting for me to contribute even in parody.

baja
04-08-2010, 12:03 AM

You should be friends with Meck77 you are both pussies.

baja
04-08-2010, 12:07 AM
You know exactly what I think the intention was and you agree with it:

Is Shanahan copying... 04-07-2010 01:12 PM baja It's a funny thread have you read it?

Play on. The concept is just too revolting for me to contribute even in parody.

It is a funny thread and have you read it all?

A twist you may have missed is when it is all said and done Shanahan will appear to be copying Josh because Josh is the new trend setter in the NFL and Shanny sees it now because he is a smart man who is ahead of the curve.

baja
04-08-2010, 12:11 AM

Nobody is asking to see your breasts dip shiit so S T F U.

TheReverend
04-08-2010, 12:12 AM
It is a funny thread and have you read it all?

A twist you may have missed is when it is all said and done Shanahan will appear to be copying Josh because Josh is the new trend setter in the NFL and Shanny sees it now because he is a smart man who is ahead of the curve.

I look forward to your next thread:

"Is John Elway copying Kyle Orton?"

baja
04-08-2010, 12:13 AM
I look forward to your next thread:

"Is John Elway copying Kyle Orton?"

I knew you didn't get it

strafen
04-08-2010, 12:20 AM
That's a week right there .... you better Blue, SoCal.Unbelievable, ain't it?
And they wonder why they don't respect mods around here. Look at Blue's reply to this.
Wow!!!

Blueflame
04-08-2010, 01:00 AM
Unbelievable, ain't it?
And they wonder why they don't respect mods around here. Look at Blue's reply to this.
Wow!!!

Has there really been a serious post in this entire thread? I've known Baja a long time and took the post as "joking around" like the entire thread has been.

After (very close to) 9 years of posting together here, I do firmly believe Baja respects me as a lady, a poster and an OrangeMane moderator.

At any rate, I've shrugged off far worse insults than that in the past. It doesn't faze me a bit. *shrug*

baja
04-08-2010, 01:11 AM
Has there really been a serious post in this entire thread? I've known Baja a long time and took the post as "joking around" like the entire thread has been.

After (very close to) 9 years of posting together here, I do firmly believe Baja respects me as a lady, a poster and an OrangeMane moderator.

At any rate, I've shrugged off far worse insults than that in the past. It doesn't faze me a bit. *shrug*

You need not explain yourself to these rabble rousers my dear. Guys like dragster are here to stir shiit and are not worth mentioning let alone giving them any sort of explanation.

baja
04-08-2010, 01:14 AM
And Bronco Buff is a sissy little tattle tail. Did you have a male role model.

Drek
04-08-2010, 04:07 AM
Did you have a point with this meandering drivel?

I think your response outlines my point well enough. You can't handle real debate, and run away from it at every turn. Its ok, not everyone can, but stop sticking your nose in when grownups are talking if you're just going get pissy when you can't keep up.

Sure, great. She can post whatever she believes. But um, what do you call this:

You don't need to "explain anything" to me, HAT. 'Cause I don't care. And that's the point. Jordan's not a Bronco; no one else seems to want him; he's probably gonna retire.

But I'm not stupid or obtuse; I have already noticed that the slightest diss of LaMont Jordan brings a.... "very spirited"... defense (it's happened over and over and over again). So if I get bored, all I have to do is toss out a LaMont Jordan insult (and this "fun" thread was perfect for it) and watch the entertainment.

:spit: You guys are nothing if not predictable. Now I'm left wondering just how many times it (mild insult to Jordan) will work (to evoke the instantaneous, overly-impassioned defense of a below-average FA RB).

I don't think we have a "fishing" smiley.... ;)

Uh-huh. I'm the fiddler who's figured out that you'll always "dance" when a certain note is played, FB.... (actually the smilies should have given you just a bit of a hint today)....

So is it her opinion or is it her trolling? Sounds a hell of a lot like its her trolling.

I broke down the football thought process for Blue on signing Jordan last year before, she ignored it because like all things football she was over her head from word one. When she persisted I figured it was her looking to bait people so I didn't waste my time. But when she outright says as much? To me that goes beyond the pale for someone who is supposed to be regulating such behavior in others.

Its not like this is the first thread she's LaMont/Patriot/Mike Leach jacked.

Sure, its what made this board great. Instead now its like watching a bunch of far left liberals and a bunch of extreme right wingers sit here and argue back and forth. No one is even interested in learning about football let alone paying to someone else's opinion more for than the time it takes to whip up a response.

Whole lot of intellectual dishonesty is at the heart of the problem, and unfortunately many of the people who are supposed to police this sight are some of the worst offenders.

So am I degrading the football discussion here by breaking down exactly why guys like LaMont Jordan was needed last year, or is Blue for constantly using it as bait for her little fishing expeditions when she never actually tries to debate or even banter on it? Instead she changes the subject or runs off to a different thread to repeat the cycle all over again.

**** doesn't matter much to me, I use this site to kill time because I have my job set to autopilot 75% of the day, but its nearing time for my annual SoSH sabatical anyhow, doesn't bother me any to make it a few weeks early.

Blueflame
04-08-2010, 04:35 AM
I think your response outlines my point well enough. You can't handle real debate, and run away from it at every turn. Its ok, not everyone can, but stop sticking your nose in when grownups are talking if you're just going get pissy when you can't keep up.

Sure, great. She can post whatever she believes. But um, what do you call this:

So is it her opinion or is it her trolling? Sounds a hell of a lot like its her trolling.

I broke down the football thought process for Blue on signing Jordan last year before, she ignored it because like all things football she was over her head from word one. When she persisted I figured it was her looking to bait people so I didn't waste my time. But when she outright says as much? To me that goes beyond the pale for someone who is supposed to be regulating such behavior in others.

Its not like this is the first thread she's LaMont/Patriot/Mike Leach jacked.

Sure, its what made this board great. Instead now its like watching a bunch of far left liberals and a bunch of extreme right wingers sit here and argue back and forth. No one is even interested in learning about football let alone paying to someone else's opinion more for than the time it takes to whip up a response.

Whole lot of intellectual dishonesty is at the heart of the problem, and unfortunately many of the people who are supposed to police this sight are some of the worst offenders.

So am I degrading the football discussion here by breaking down exactly why guys like LaMont Jordan was needed last year, or is Blue for constantly using it as bait for her little fishing expeditions when she never actually tries to debate or even banter on it? Instead she changes the subject or runs off to a different thread to repeat the cycle all over again.

**** doesn't matter much to me, I use this site to kill time because I have my job set to autopilot 75% of the day, but its nearing time for my annual SoSH sabatical anyhow, doesn't bother me any to make it a few weeks early.

I can handle debate just fine, Drek... and have right here for nearly 9 years. It's not "football debate" anymore though once the elementary-school-level personal insults take over. And that's what's become the status quo for the past year.

Poster 1 expresses an unpopular (unapproved by some) post...

Poster 2 says "you're so stupid. Do you ever even watch football?" (as if people who take the time to post on an internet football forum... truly don't bother to watch the games they're posting about? Whatever point this type of attack is trying to make, it's BS)

Poster 3 says "+1"

Poster 4 says "Poster 1 may have had a valid point though"

Then both Poster 1 and Poster 4 get personally attacked.... although neither has even so much as retaliated with the insults.... all the insults serve to do (as intended) is to deter and/or intimidate any and all other posters from daring to speak out with an opinion that is contrary to that of the attacker (for fear of becoming the next "target")

There can be no genuine debate unless there's mutual respect for the other person's viewpoint and/or a real effort to see things from their perspective (as opposed to simply shifting into attack mode).

DenverBrit
04-08-2010, 06:05 AM

If you must, at least do the paperwork. 8')

http://www.gregsstuf.com/tattletaleform.jpg

Drek
04-08-2010, 07:26 AM
I can handle debate just fine, Drek... and have right here for nearly 9 years. It's not "football debate" anymore though once the elementary-school-level personal insults take over. And that's what's become the status quo for the past year.
Show me one time that I've done that to you Blue.

The only times I insult someone is when it is blatantly obvious they're throwing out **** to get a reaction. Even then I just call them an idiot and never make it personal.

Just let me know when you want to have a legitimate discussion as to why a guy like LaMont Jordan was desired on last year's team. We can have it and I can guarantee you that you won't be personally attacked or insulted by me once, just as long as it isn't an obvious case of you beating a dead horse just to stir the flies up.

strafen
04-08-2010, 08:55 AM

Does it really matter what kind of thread it is to make what he said to you right or wrong ?
Posting together for 9 years?!
Wow!
You don't know him more than you know me, or a guy at a bus stop, do you?
You need to explain to me how what he said wasn't disrespectful.
I said explain to me, because I'm having a hard time looking at it any other way than what it really was...

I'm sorry, but if this thread and others are any indication, nobody here respects you as a lady, a poster and an OrangeMane moderator.
I've come to your defense before. I think people here have no respect for your football knowledge just because you're a woman.
People have been gradually crossing the line and you don't even know it.
I'm just saying.
I'm very disappointed. That's all...

scorpio
04-08-2010, 08:59 AM
Does it really matter what kind of thread it is to make what he said to you right or wrong ?
Wow!
You don't know him more than you know me, or a guy at a bust stop, do you?
I said explain to me, because I'm having a hard time looking at it any other way than what it really was...

I'm sorry, but if this thread and others are any indication, nobody here respects you as a lady, a poster and an OrangeMane moderator.
I've come to your defense before. I think people here have no respect for your football knowledge just because you're a woman.
I'm just saying.

http://26.media.tumblr.com/ApftSg4I1ih8f34g8oaxuA5fo1_400.gif

baja
04-08-2010, 09:04 AM
Wow!

I'm just saying.

I have great respect for Blue while on the other hand I, like most here have zero respect for you.

You should be banned for this post who the hell are you to judge what kind of relationship Blue and I have. You think you are equal here you are not. You are likely the least respected poster we have so you are tops in something.

someone quote me so this tool can read this.

Beantown Bronco
04-08-2010, 09:07 AM

What's a "bust" shop? Is that a place where women voluntarily go and show their boobs? Why bring up such a place if that's essentially what you're complaining about baja asking her to do in this very thread? Odd.

baja
Wow!

I'm just saying.

Oh My God Blue dumpster is disappointed

Beantown Bronco
I have great respect for Blue while on the other hand I, like most here have zero respect for you.

You should be banned for this post who the hell are you to judge what kind of relationship Blue and I have. You think you are equal here you are not. You are likely the least respected poster we have so you are tops in something.

you're welcome :)

baja
04-08-2010, 09:08 AM
What's a "bust" shop? Is that a place where women voluntarily go and show their boobs? Why bring up such a place if that's essentially what you're complaining about baja asking her to do in this very thread? Odd.

Ban him!!!!!!!

baja
04-08-2010, 09:09 AM
Wow!

I'm just saying.

Show us your breasts.

TheReverend
04-08-2010, 09:19 AM
Criticizing what mods do or don't do isn't our business, imo.

Dagmar
04-08-2010, 09:20 AM
Wow!

I'm just saying.

http://globalnerdy.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/internet-tough-guy-magazine.gif

DenverBrit
04-08-2010, 09:22 AM
Show us your breasts.

Take your pick, DragAct is in there somewhere.

http://moveurbody.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/manboobs.jpg

Frightened Freckles sounds about right. Ha!

baja
04-08-2010, 09:23 AM

Teacher teacher look what Johnny did

baja
04-08-2010, 09:25 AM
Take your pick, DragAct is in there somewhere.

http://moveurbody.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/manboobs.jpg

Frightened Freckles sounds about right. Ha!

LOL ya gotta be frightened freckles

DenverBrit
04-08-2010, 09:27 AM
LOL ya gotta be frightened freckles

LOL I'm more 'Perky A's'

strafen
04-08-2010, 09:56 AM
What's a "bust" shop? Is that a place where women voluntarily go and show their boobs? Why bring up such a place if that's essentially what you're complaining about baja asking her to do in this very thread? Odd.haha!!
I meant bus stop.
I'll edit it so you can figure it out...

strafen
04-08-2010, 10:05 AM
From baja quote:

Oh, I'm not "equal" on a public forum.
what kind of moron are you?
What makes you better than anyone else?
Your thousands and thousands of posts?
Get a freaking life loser, and learn how to respect women.

I'm the least respected poster?
By whose accounts?
By the McDaniels nuthuggers? or
By some idiots that are not strong enough to form their own opinions?
By people whose role is to follow, repeat, and say what others do?
Give me a break!

I knew I was going to be attacked for saying that.
There are enough idiots in this board that think what you've said is right because your 10000000 posts gives you credibility.

I should get banned for bringing up the fact that you're a low life and lack any kind of decency, while you should not be banned for asking a moderator to show you her tits?
Brilliant!

Dagmar
04-08-2010, 10:12 AM
From baja quote:
!

http://i42.tinypic.com/73o3d3.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/29mkpqa.png

http://i42.tinypic.com/2h3nfdg.gif

GreatBronco16
04-08-2010, 10:14 AM
From baja quote:

By whose accounts?
Give me a break!

There are enough idiots in this board that think what you've said is right because your 10000000 posts gives you credibility.

I should get banned for bringing up the fact that you're a low life and lack any kind of decency, while you should not be banned for asking a moderator to show you her boobies?
Brilliant!

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:nFsGm0a2W7OGxM:http://ladiesdotdotdot.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/dawson-crying.jpg

strafen
04-08-2010, 10:20 AM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:nFsGm0a2W7OGxM:http://ladiesdotdotdot.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/dawson-crying.jpg Very nice! :thumbsup:
Somewhere in my post there's a place where you fall under...
Are you a follower, and idiot, or a McD nuthugger?

Archer81
04-08-2010, 10:20 AM
From baja quote:

By whose accounts?
Give me a break!

I should get banned for bringing up the fact that you're a low life and lack any kind of decency, while you should not be banned for asking a moderator to show you her boobies?
Brilliant!

http://tinyurl.com/yg2muxg

:Broncos:

strafen
04-08-2010, 10:23 AM
http://tinyurl.com/yg2muxg

:Broncos:This thread is not suitable for gays...

BTW, this is why you're always in the middle of drama threads, aren't you?
This is why this thread has gone while because is all about drama, isn't it?
Notice how legit football threads get no attention here, moron?

Eldorado
04-08-2010, 10:24 AM
I've been out of it for awhile. Is dragqueen69 lex?

Archer81
04-08-2010, 10:24 AM
This thread is not suitable for gays...

Then why are you posting in it?

strafen
04-08-2010, 10:26 AM
Then why are you posting in it?

:Broncos:That was meant for you.

scorpio
04-08-2010, 10:27 AM
This thread is not suitable for gays...

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/6401703g69.gif

strafen
I've been out of it for awhile. Is dragqueen69 lex?
Not. Are you < insert name here>?
You sound just like any idiot around here

Archer81
That was meant for you.

You have a problem with gays?

strafen
http://www.gifbin.com/bin/6401703g69.gif

you're gay too? :rofl:

strafen
04-08-2010, 10:28 AM
You have a problem with gays?

I do. Yes...

Archer81
04-08-2010, 10:29 AM
I do. Yes...

Why?

strafen
04-08-2010, 10:31 AM
Why?

:Broncos:God created Adam and Eve, NOT Adam and Steve... :wave:

Archer81
04-08-2010, 10:33 AM
God created Adam and Eve, NOT Adam and Steve... :wave:

But inevitably a Steve came along. So clearly God creating Adam and Eve alone is not sufficient to base a dislike of a group of people on.

So again I ask, why?

Eldorado
04-08-2010, 10:33 AM
Uh-oh. My 'creationist ruh'tard' proximity alarm is going off.

scorpio
04-08-2010, 10:35 AM
you're gay too? :rofl:

Are you hitting on me?

strafen
04-08-2010, 10:36 AM
But inevitably a Steve came along. So clearly God creating Adam and Eve alone is not sufficient to base a dislike of a group of people on.

So again I ask, why?

It's none of your business.
A man humping another man it's the most disgusting thing you can imagine.
If that's who you are and what you like, then fine.
Just stay out of my way... :yep:

baja
04-08-2010, 10:38 AM
Not. Are you gay?

Why yes I am. Are you, please say no.

Archer81
04-08-2010, 10:39 AM

Stay out of your way? Or what?

bowtown
04-08-2010, 10:43 AM
Stay out of your way? Or what?

I think he's flirting with you.

baja
04-08-2010, 10:44 AM

I guess you didn't get the memo this is a gays for the Broncos forum.

we are all gay here so watch your mouth. (in more ways than one)

quote me someone.

Archer81
04-08-2010, 10:45 AM

quote me someone.

Eldorado
04-08-2010, 10:46 AM

quote me someone.

DenverBrit
04-08-2010, 10:55 AM
Once again, irony is lost on the homophobic guy named 'Drag.' :curtsey:

Eldorado
04-08-2010, 10:56 AM
Oh, snap.

Mr.Meanie
04-08-2010, 11:18 AM
This thread sure took an interesting turn

Dagmar
04-08-2010, 11:18 AM

What a shock, you are an absolute idiot and homophobic too.

The Bible accepts sexual practices that we condemn and condemns sexual practices that we accept. Lots of them! Here are a few examples.

* DEUTERONOMY 22:13-21
If it is discovered that a bride is not a virgin, the Bible demands that she be executed by stoning immediately.
* DEUTERONOMY 22:22
If a married person has sex with someone else's husband or wife, the Bible commands that both adulterers be stoned to death.
* MARK 10:1-12
Divorce is strictly forbidden in both Testaments, as is remarriage of anyone who has been divorced.
* LEVITICUS 18:19
The Bible forbids a married couple from having sexual intercourse during a woman's period. If they disobey, both shall be executed.
* MARK 12:18-27
If a man dies childless, his widow is ordered by biblical law to have intercourse with each of his brothers in turn until she bears her deceased husband a male heir.
* DEUTERONOMY 25:11-12
If a man gets into a fight with another man and his wife seeks to rescue her husband by grabbing the enemy's genitals, her hand shall be cut off and no pity shall be shown her.

Archer81
04-08-2010, 11:20 AM
This thread sure took an interesting turn

Yup.

Dagmar
04-08-2010, 11:24 AM
I found a picture of dragster.

http://skeptisys.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/protest.jpg

bowtown
04-08-2010, 11:25 AM
NOW this thread is everything Baja had intended when he started it.

Archer81
04-08-2010, 11:27 AM
This time I honestly did not pick a fight. Dragster started it.

Dagmar
04-08-2010, 11:30 AM
This time I honestly did not pick a fight. Dragster started it.

Because he is a scumbag...

Archer81
04-08-2010, 11:31 AM
Because he is a scumbag...

Is that biblical? LOL.

Mr.Meanie
04-08-2010, 11:38 AM
What's funny is I always assumed dragster chose that name as a reference to his enjoyment of dressing in drag. Maybe a bit of oedipus complex going on subconsciously?

scorpio
04-08-2010, 11:45 AM
What's funny is I always assumed dragster chose that name as a reference to his enjoyment of dressing in drag. Maybe a bit of oedipus complex going on subconsciously?

that refers to wanting to bone your mom.

What Dragqueen69 has is called gender confusion.

Mr.Meanie
04-08-2010, 11:50 AM
that refers to wanting to bone your mom.

What Dragqueen69 has is called gender confusion.

my mistake Ha!

baja
04-08-2010, 11:50 AM
OK back on topic.

Notice that Josh is not gay so Shanny hires his son to show the world he is not gay either.

Popps
04-08-2010, 11:53 AM

YEEEEEEE HAAWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!

http://separate-equal.net/main/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/kkk.jpg

Eldorado
04-08-2010, 11:54 AM
I lulzed.

Florida_Bronco
04-08-2010, 12:19 PM
http://26.media.tumblr.com/ApftSg4I1ih8f34g8oaxuA5fo1_400.gif

:giggle::rofl::thumbsup:

Rabb
04-08-2010, 12:22 PM
he will keep doing this until he is asked or forced not to come back

but hey, I don't make the rules

but just so we are clear here...thread bumping is worse then slurs against gays

Tombstone RJ
04-08-2010, 12:34 PM

How do you know?

baja
04-08-2010, 12:36 PM

Isn't the phrase "thread bumping" a slur against gays???

Drek
04-08-2010, 12:44 PM

Baja, I really love your threads.

Dagmar
04-08-2010, 12:54 PM
How do you know?

2 thread bumpers got banned, Rhyme and MVplaya. No one's been banned for slurring gays.

Rabb
04-08-2010, 12:55 PM
2 thread bumpers got banned, Rhyme and MVplaya. No one's been banned for slurring gays.

zackly

baja
04-08-2010, 01:02 PM
Baja, I really love your threads.

Thanks Drek. Between your astute analysis and my whatever we are almost through the boring stretch with some interest and fun had.

Popps
04-08-2010, 01:12 PM

So, Broncofan7 hated blacks, and now Dragster hates gays?

What's next, BPC hates Mexicans?

baja
04-08-2010, 01:15 PM
Doesn't everybody pretty much hate Mexicans???

GreatBronco16
04-08-2010, 01:22 PM
Very nice! :thumbsup:
Somewhere in my post there's a place where you fall under...
Are you a follower, and idiot, or a McD nuthugger?

None. I support my team whether or not I personally agree with the teams management or not. It may be a hard concept for you to understand, but I'm sure you'll get it with time.

Beantown Bronco
04-08-2010, 01:22 PM
Doesn't everybody pretty much hate Mexicans???

Not as much as people from Maine. Those inbred freaks of nature need to go already.

Blueflame
04-08-2010, 01:23 PM
Show me one time that I've done that to you Blue.

The only times I insult someone is when it is blatantly obvious they're throwing out **** to get a reaction. Even then I just call them an idiot and never make it personal.

Just let me know when you want to have a legitimate discussion as to why a guy like LaMont Jordan was desired on last year's team. We can have it and I can guarantee you that you won't be personally attacked or insulted by me once, just as long as it isn't an obvious case of you beating a dead horse just to stir the flies up.

The observation wasn't about you, Drek. But it happens; you've seen it and know which posters were being referenced... which ones won't even try to debate facts; instead immediately going for the personal insult.

Again, I don't really care about LaMont Jordan... or any player who isn't a Bronco. He's so yesterday's news. But when bored, sometimes it is tempting to poke the anthill (or is that "hornet's nest"?)

baja
04-08-2010, 01:33 PM
Not as much as people from Maine. Those inbred freaks of nature need to go already.

:flower:

Every year some tenderfoot city slicker from Boston would come up to Maine for hunting season and end up shooting some poor old farts cow thinking he had bagged the big one. ;D

Usually we would than skin them and make lamp shades and nic nacs

Blueflame
04-08-2010, 01:34 PM
Wow!
You don't know him more than you know me, or a guy at a bus stop, do you?

I'm just saying.

Yeah, I do know Baja. Haven't met him in person (not that it matters one iota) but who knows? One day perhaps we'll talk Broncos face-to-face over beers or a cup of coffee.

Y'know, a thick skin can be your best friend on this... or any... internet forum. I wouldn't be a forum moderator (at least not for long) if I went around banning anyone who disagreed with me. I have banned posters; but never for something they said to me (at the end of the day it matters little or nothing).

You weren't around in the early days of the Mane, Dragster. I had a thousand posts on this board and not a single poster even slightly suspected that I wasn't a guy. Ask Baja.

I don't need to be defended. If I couldn't stand the heat, I'd get out of the kitchen, thank you very much.

Dagmar
04-08-2010, 01:40 PM
Y'know, a thick skin can be your best friend on this... or any... internet forum. I wouldn't be a forum moderator (at least not for long) if I went around banning anyone who disagreed with me. I have banned posters; but never for something they said to me (at the end of the day it matters little or nothing).
I think McRabb brought up a valid question for this community at the top of the page. Your thoughts?

DenverBrit
04-08-2010, 01:41 PM
:flower:

Every year some tenderfoot city slicker from Boston would come up to Maine for hunting season and end up shooting some poor old farts cow thinking he had bagged the big one. ;D

Usually we would than skin them and make lamp shades and nic nacs

I bet that made them think twice about leaving Boston. ;D

baja
04-08-2010, 01:44 PM
We had a contest to figure out which one of us was really a women.The guessing went on for quite some time and after much sleuthing by us all eventually i along with another poster figured out it was Blue. That's partly where the "breast' references comes from. So you see dragster69 we can and do know each other.

quote me ;D

Archer81
04-08-2010, 01:45 PM
We had a contest to figure out which one of us was really a women.The guessing went on for quite some time and after much sleuthing by us all eventually i along with another poster figured out it was Blue. That's partly where the "breast' references comes from. So you see dragster69 we can and do know each other.

quote me ;D

Blueflame
04-08-2010, 01:45 PM

That's where you're wrong, Dag. One poster is currently on vacation for that... and Dragster just joined him.

Archer81
04-08-2010, 01:46 PM
I dont care that dragster doesnt like gays. Or women. Or reality. Thats his choice. In fact, if he met me in person, I doubt he'd think I was gay. Until I unleashed the 15 inch dildo with AIDS.

Good times.

Dagmar
04-08-2010, 01:48 PM
That's where you're wrong, Dag. One poster is currently on vacation for that... and Dragster just joined him.

I had no idea, sorry Blue.

You look very pretty today... :approve:

Dagmar
04-08-2010, 01:49 PM
I dont care that dragster doesnt like gays. Or women. Or reality. Thats his choice. In fact, if he met me in person, I doubt he'd think I was gay. Until I unleashed the 15 inch dilrod with AIDS.

Good times.

My personal opinion is my brother is a gay man and was recently assaulted despite minding his own business, so when people start about disliking gays I become annoyed.

baja
04-08-2010, 01:50 PM
I bet that made them think twice about leaving Boston. ;D

Noope, because after we skinned then we sent them home and nobody was ever the wiser.

Archer81
04-08-2010, 01:51 PM
My personal opinion is my brother is a gay man and was recently assaulted despite minding his own business, so when people start about disliking gays I become annoyed.

My brothers have developed the opinion that they can say things to joke around with me. If anyone else does...it never ends well for them. Odd how that works.

tsiguy96
04-08-2010, 01:54 PM
its sad that dragster gets a free pass to say whatever he wants on this forum because he creates controversy.

Rabb
04-08-2010, 01:54 PM

atta' girl

I take back what I said

Archer81
04-08-2010, 01:57 PM

Win.

bowtown
04-08-2010, 01:58 PM
The other poster was drags bff, jhns... or was it rasta? No I think it was jhns. I can hardly keep them all straight anymore... in more ways than one apparently.

Rabb
04-08-2010, 02:02 PM
its sad that dragster gets a free pass to say whatever he wants on this forum because he creates controversy.

http://go-dl1.eve-files.com/media/0608/pot_kettle_black.jpg

bowtown
04-08-2010, 02:04 PM

Racist.

tsiguy96
04-08-2010, 02:04 PM

so i go around with gay slurs, purposely starting arguments in every thread with **** that isnt even related for no reason at all other than to start arguments? good try, jackass. comparing me to dragster is an insult, no doubt.

sorry that the mcdaniels hater crew have to stick up for dragster every once in awhile, but to say that im anyway near the same level as the worst poster on this forum is ridiculous.

baja
04-08-2010, 02:05 PM
I would just like to say that when I made this thread i never dreamed it would lead to the banning of dregster69.

Back on topic

Josh announced the signing of Dawkins on a quiet Sunday.

When does Shanny sign McNabb?

Easter Sunday.

Rabb
04-08-2010, 02:06 PM
Racist.

Hilarious!

Rabb
04-08-2010, 02:07 PM
so i go around with gay slurs, purposely starting arguments in every thread with **** that isnt even related for no reason at all other than to start arguments? good try, jackass. comparing me to dragster is an insult, no doubt.

sorry that the mcdaniels hater crew have to stick up for dragster every once in awhile, but to say that im anyway near the same level as the worst poster on this forum is ridiculous.

I lol'ed at this

I am neither a McD hater nor a dragster supporter, and wasn't sticking up for him

just saying, you may be on the other side of the fence but you're just about as enjoyable to read

matter of fact, save the reply...iggy list +1 ahoy!

Hugs and Sloppy Kisses,

Jackass

Mr.Meanie
04-08-2010, 02:15 PM
With dragster banned, can we officially call this the best thread of the offseason?

Rabb
04-08-2010, 02:16 PM
With dragster banned, can we officially call this the best thread of the offseason?

not until you change the title to include

******************OFFICIAL******************

Dagmar
04-08-2010, 02:20 PM
not until you change the title to include

******************OFFICIAL******************

:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

Archer81
04-08-2010, 02:36 PM
I would like to thank Baja, for giving me the opportunity in his thread for making a douchebagel poster say ridiculous things, leading to a week long ban for him. It was a team effort. So thanks to all who contributed.

baja
04-08-2010, 02:37 PM
A Pleasure.... ;D

baja
04-08-2010, 02:43 PM
Wow!

I'm just saying.

I would like to nominate this as the post of the thread to date.

baja
04-08-2010, 02:44 PM
Do you have other nominations?

Blueflame
04-08-2010, 03:00 PM

Everyone "gets a free pass to say whatever they want", Tsi.... as long as they remain within the forum's rules.

baja
04-08-2010, 03:21 PM
From baja quote:
Quote:

By whose accounts?
Give me a break!

Brilliant!

I liked this one too.

Popps
04-08-2010, 03:24 PM
http://www.emobilez.com/nokia-5800-n97-wallpapers/data/media/2/Nuclear_Explosion.jpg

Tombstone RJ
04-08-2010, 03:30 PM
I think dragster's poster name is pretty accurate. He tends to drag threads down to a level of stupidity only a select few can accomplish... Where's Mock?

I kid, I kid...

DBroncos4life
04-08-2010, 03:31 PM
Everyone "gets a free pass to say whatever they want", Tsi.... as long as they remain within the forum's rules.

Not to disagree but what rules?

PRBronco
04-08-2010, 03:33 PM
Sweet baby Jesus what happened in this thread??!!

Archer81
04-08-2010, 03:35 PM
Sweet baby Jesus what happened in this thread??!!

Awesomeness.

It is now a record for the ages. In the future, it will become scripture.

Amen.

Tombstone RJ
04-08-2010, 03:37 PM

Rule #1: Go directly to rule #2.
Rule #2: Don't piss Blue off.
Rule #3: See rule #2.
Rule #4: See rule #1.

Blueflame
04-08-2010, 03:42 PM

Basically the "golden rule"... but pretty much, don't spam the board, don't bash others based on race, gender, or sexual preference..... don't threaten anyone with physical violence. And leave others' families out of it. We're fairly lenient here but if one uses the guideline "if you think it even possibly might cross a line, then maybe it's best not to click 'submit reply'"... you should be fine.

Blueflame
04-08-2010, 03:44 PM
rule #1: Go directly to rule #2.
Rule #2: Don't piss blue off.
Rule #3: See rule #2.
Rule #4: See rule #1.

lol

baja
04-08-2010, 03:45 PM
does this mean you are not going to show me your breasts? :-/

Blueflame
04-08-2010, 03:48 PM
does this mean you are not going to show me your breasts? :-/

It's not Mardi Gras.... and I'm neither drunk nor a "Girl Gone Wild"... :P

DBroncos4life
04-08-2010, 03:50 PM
Basically the "golden rule"... but pretty much, don't spam the board, don't bash others based on race, gender, or sexual preference..... don't threaten anyone with physical violence. And leave others' families out of it. We're fairly lenient here but if one uses the guideline "if you think it even possibly might cross a line, then maybe it's best not to click 'submit reply'"... you should be fine.

You left off posting nudity. ;D

Blueflame
04-08-2010, 03:55 PM

That too. Ha!

baja
04-08-2010, 03:56 PM
It's not Mardi Gras.... and I'm neither drunk nor a "Girl Gone Wild"... :P

OK than I like you anyway. ;D

baja
04-08-2010, 03:58 PM

No nudity OMG I better get over to the Speaking of Butts thread and start deleting.

DBroncos4life
04-08-2010, 04:21 PM
No nudity OMG I better get over to the Speaking of Butts thread and start deleting.

Yeah I didn't think anyone paid attention to that thread, turns out they do. :)

Drek
04-08-2010, 04:41 PM

Just because you massholes think any guy who's shaft swings below his balls is a freak doesn't make it true.

The observation wasn't about you, Drek. But it happens; you've seen it and know which posters were being referenced... which ones won't even try to debate facts; instead immediately going for the personal insult.

Again, I don't really care about LaMont Jordan... or any player who isn't a Bronco. He's so yesterday's news. But when bored, sometimes it is tempting to poke the anthill (or is that "hornet's nest"?)

I know Blue, but you do dodge the debate on Jordan. Thats fine because he is now irrelevant. He served his purpose and has been shown the door. I was just calling you on poking the anthill, nothing more. (Hornet's nest implies that the swarms actually have some sting to them, or a unified hive mind. I have yet to see either displayed.)

I will say this though. When you know it elicits the kind of negative personal responses that drags this board down then why do it? We all know who the people are that replace real debating skills and points with name calling and blank denials. Baiting them out only serves a purpose if it somehow puts them back in line (if that is even possible).

Dagmar
04-08-2010, 04:42 PM

Dude, I have been torn a new one by dragster for being an immigrant and complained, Taco basically told me to **** off and quit whining!

Blueflame
04-08-2010, 05:08 PM
Just because you ma-holes think any guy who's shaft swings below his balls is a freak doesn't make it true.

I know Blue, but you do dodge the debate on Jordan. Thats fine because he is now irrelevant. He served his purpose and has been shown the door. I was just calling you on poking the anthill, nothing more. (Hornet's nest implies that the swarms actually have some sting to them, or a unified hive mind. I have yet to see either displayed.)

I will say this though. When you know it elicits the kind of negative personal responses that drags this board down then why do it? We all know who the people are that replace real debating skills and points with name calling and blank denials. Baiting them out only serves a purpose if it somehow puts them back in line (if that is even possible).

That's because currently there is no valid football debate re: Jordan. "I" think his NFL career is probably over.

In "this" thread, I "poked the anthill" for my own entertainment; no other reason. And it did serve that purpose... temporary amusement; a diversion when there's really not much else to talk about.

TonyR
04-08-2010, 05:10 PM
So this forum is currently without the services of lex, jhns, broncofan7, rastaman, and dragster? What's next, world peace? We may as well join hands and sing Kumbaya. Or sing pre-crack Whitney Houston songs like this Chinese Kid. Either way.

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-3-p_4z6FiM"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-3-p_4z6FiM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

(skip ahead to about the 1 minute mark. goofy kid can sing.)

Blueflame
04-08-2010, 05:13 PM
Dude, I have been torn a new one by dragster for being an immigrant and complained, Taco basically told me to **** off and quit whining!

The minute a football discussion is taken off on a tangent into personal stuff, I consider the one who derailed it to have lost the debate... because if their football take could stand on its own merits, then there's no need to "attack the messenger" (so to speak).

DBroncos4life
04-08-2010, 05:20 PM

Serious question here did anything ever happen to you when you said you hoped a poster on here got cancer and died? Just wondering if any punishment came from that.

Archer81
04-08-2010, 06:53 PM
So this forum is currently without the services of lex, jhns, broncofan7, rastaman, and dragster? What's next, world peace? We may as well join hands and sing Kumbaya. Or sing pre-crack Whitney Houston songs like this Chinese Kid. Either way.

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-3-p_4z6FiM"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-3-p_4z6FiM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

(skip ahead to about the 1 minute mark. goofy kid can sing.)

You think he knows what the words mean?

HAT
04-08-2010, 06:56 PM
Close, Female.

/Incoherent Mock post.

;D

bowtown
04-08-2010, 06:58 PM
You think he knows what the words mean?

No chance. It's like a human parrot.

WolfpackGuy
04-08-2010, 07:12 PM
So what was the post that broke the camel's back?

baja
04-10-2010, 01:04 AM
I predict an entertaining thread

So.... Were you right?

Mr.Meanie
04-10-2010, 07:56 AM
So.... Were you right?

This surpassed my wildest expectations. Kudos to you, sir! :notworthy

baja
04-10-2010, 08:00 AM
can dragster read this?

You need to be nicer to us

quote me.

Dagmar
04-10-2010, 08:05 AM
can dragster read this?

You need to be nicer to us

quote me.

No he's banned but for only a week I heard?

Gay slurs = 1 week?
Spam = 2 weeks?
Holocaust = 2 days?

baja
04-10-2010, 08:09 AM
when you are banned can you still read posts

TonyR
04-10-2010, 08:16 AM
In a Friday interview with Thomas George of FanHouse, Redskins coach Mike Shanahan addressed the rampant reports that defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth was and is available via trade.

"There is nothing to clarify," Shanahan said. "It is just speculation. He's part of the organization. I am just looking for him to come in and work and be like everyone else. No, we're not going to trade him at all, unless someone gives us something we would have to consider -- that's pretty standard with any player on your roster. He's a pretty smart guy. He's really talented. I think I can get that out of him.''

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/09/shanahan-calls-haynesworth-trade-talk-speculation/

Hmmm, why does this sound familiar? Maybe because this is the exact kind of statement that Josh McDaniels made last offseason? The type of statement the Shanahan lovers blasted him for?

baja
04-10-2010, 08:19 AM
In a Friday interview with Thomas George of FanHouse, Redskins coach Mike Shanahan addressed the rampant reports that defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth was and is available via trade.

"There is nothing to clarify," Shanahan said. "It is just speculation. He's part of the organization. I am just looking for him to come in and work and be like everyone else. No, we're not going to trade him at all, unless someone gives us something we would have to consider -- that's pretty standard with any player on your roster. He's a pretty smart guy. He's really talented. I think I can get that out of him.''

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/09/shanahan-calls-haynesworth-trade-talk-speculation/

Hmmm, why does this sound familiar? Maybe because this is the exact kind of statement than Josh McDaniels made last offseason? The type of statement the Shanahan lovers blasted him for?

The logical explanation is Josh is shorter than Mike.

tsiguy96
04-10-2010, 08:20 AM
No he's banned but for only a week I heard?

Gay slurs = 1 week?
Spam = 2 weeks?
Holocaust = 2 days?

talk **** about an ex bronco fan who hasnt been on the forum in months in his birthday thread = 3 week.

how someone can claim to be a bronco fan for years and years then quit on the team because they got a new coach is crazy!!

tsiguy96
04-10-2010, 08:20 AM
Hmmm, why does this sound familiar? Maybe because this is the exact kind of statement than Josh McDaniels made last offseason? The type of statement the Shanahan lovers blasted him for?

i totally was going to post htis yesterday, good stuff

Dagmar
04-10-2010, 08:24 AM
talk **** about an ex bronco fan who hasnt been on the forum in months in his birthday thread = 3 week.

how someone can claim to be a bronco fan for years and years then quit on the team because they got a new coach is crazy!!

Ok, dude, what happened was someone was posting on the Redskins board with the username Atlas.

I think it was a big rumor perpetrated on here that was never true.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2750358&postcount=43

tsiguy96
04-10-2010, 08:26 AM
Ok, dude, what happened was someone was posting on the Redskins board with the username Atlas.

I think it was a big rumor perpetrated on here that was never true.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2750358&postcount=43

oh. sorry atlas.

^5