PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Marshall first post-McNabb move?

TonyR
04-06-2010, 07:53 AM
Brandon Marshall might be first post-McNabb move

At noon today, for the first time in his 11-year professional career, longtime Eagle Donovan McNabb will stand in front of a new team's logo. Even as McNabb is introduced as the Redskins' next quarterback, you can bet the team is already identifying its next moves.

And the three areas to keep a close eye on: wide receiver, safety, left tackle -- but not necessarily in that order. In fact, it's probably safe to consider receiver Brandon Marshall's name back in play, and one that you might hear sooner than you hear any tackle's.

Let's start with the draft. With the release of quarterback Marc Bulger on Tuesday, it certainly seems like the St. Louis Rams are moving the chess pieces to make room for Oklahoma's Sam Bradford. While the Redskins will almost certainly listen for offers to move down in the draft in order to gain more picks, it's going to be difficult to pass up at No. 4 Oklahoma State tackle Russell Okung, who was in town for a visit this week.

That said, Tennessee safety Eric Berry is another name that sounds a lot more intriguing today than perhaps it did a week ago. Word that the Redskins might have been willing to part with LaRon Landry as part of McNabb trade would seem to indicate that Redskins coaches feel they can afford to upgrade at that position. They hosted Berry for a visit last week at Redskins Park.

But even before the draft begins on April 22, it probably shouldn't shock anyone if Marshall's name surfaces in connection with the Redskins.

Now that Washington has a quarterback in McNabb that coaches think can help the team win right away, it makes sense that they might immediately chase after a receiver to complement him. While Marshall-to-the-Redskins has been a soft rumor for weeks, don't be surprised if it gains traction in the two weeks leading up to the draft.

Shanahan likes big receivers, and at 6-foot-4-inches, Marshall is bigger than the Redskins' top two receivers, 5-10 Santana Moss and 6-2 Devin Thomas. He also has three straight seasons with at least 100 receptions, 1,000 yards and six touchdowns -- something no receiver on the Washington roster can claim.

Marshall, a restricted free agent, carries a first-round tender, and the Redskins aren't about to pay that price. But Marshall isn't long for Denver, and the Broncos could always consider a trade.

It'd seem unwise for the Redskins to part with any more 2010 picks. If they were to offer players, the most likely offers might include a receiver, a safety or defensive linemen.

The Redskins, of course, have remained tight-lipped on the matter. Asked about Marshall two weeks ago, Shanahan said, "Just have to wait and see. Can't share that with you."

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/nfl-draft/brandon-marshall-might-be-firs.html

Man-Goblin
04-06-2010, 08:01 AM
What's the deal with Landry? He was an animal coming out of school...

Drek
04-06-2010, 08:05 AM
Other than the 4th overall pick what the **** do the Redskins have that is even remotely worth the Broncos time?

Doggcow
04-06-2010, 08:08 AM
Other than the 4th overall pick what the **** do the Redskins have that is even remotely worth the Broncos time?

McNabb.

Chris
04-06-2010, 08:10 AM

Heresay since I don't watch the skins: Constantly out of position because he goes for the big hit. Not the guy they thought he'd be.

cmhargrove
04-06-2010, 08:10 AM
Trade for Devin Thomas? No thanks! An underused Scheffler had more yards than Thomas.

worm
04-06-2010, 08:21 AM
other than the 4th overall pick what the **** do the redskins have that is even remotely worth the broncos time?

Br0nc0Buster
04-06-2010, 08:22 AM

he sucks
hes like Taylor Mays
can run really fast in a straight line but always goes for the killshot and cant cover for ****

Mr.Meanie
04-06-2010, 08:22 AM
BMarsh for the 4th? Please god make it happen

chrisp
04-06-2010, 08:23 AM

The article appears to be written from the point ofview that brandon leaving us is a done deal and therefore as time ticks by his trade value decreases.

I'm getting sick of hearing this however. Since when were Denver obliged to make the trade? We'll be happy to have him suit up for us this coming season, so i don't see us trading him for anything less than a first. Plus the Washingto o-line is pants and the defense is transitioning to a 3-4 so they will only want to get rid of players there that don't suit us either.

The whole thing appears to have been written by a breathless Skins fan expecting us to part with brandon for a piece of bubblegum just to make their fantasy come true....

Doggcow
04-06-2010, 08:24 AM
he sucks
hes like Taylor Mays
can run really fast in a straight line but always goes for the killshot and cant cover for ****

Taylor Mays can cover pretty well, sometimes too instinctive and blows it, but he will be a solid safety for years. I think he could be the next Dawkins.

bowtown
The whole premise of this article is that the Brandon Marshall to the Redskins rumor is going to become a more discussed rumor leading up to the draft. Wow.

ColoradoDarin
"Marshall, a restricted free agent, carries a first-round tender, and the Redskins aren't about to pay that price."

Then get bent Washington, we don't have to deal Marshall at all. You already gave up your 2nd round pick, so what other ammo do you have? Disgruntled DT who is a good fit for a 4-3 and not for our 3-4, with a stupid contract attached to him?

Again, get bent. Man something about sportswriting makes people stupid. This was a "deadline" piece - he had nothing at all that he could competently write about, so he pulls something out of his backside and puts it down. No logic, nothing more than a cursory thought and stupid assumptions.

philiptr2
04-06-2010, 08:25 AM
I thought that Marshall and Shanny were not on good terms after Shannahan questioned whether or not Marshall was injured. Marshall played that whole season with a bum hip with Shanny doggin’ him the whole time. He still sounded pretty pissed about that when he did that interview on the Fan at the end of last season.

Mr.Meanie
04-06-2010, 08:27 AM
I would trade BMarsh for Haynesworth straight up if the Skins subsidized his contract the way Texas did for A-Rod.

cmhargrove
04-06-2010, 08:28 AM

If you could parlay the fourth for other players/picks it would be awesome, but otherwise, it might be a curse.

We don't need a QB or a Left Tackle, so you are talking D-line being our potential target. Suh could be a monster at 3-4 End, but at that price tag I don't know if the value is there.

I would see Shanny trading the 4 pick for multiple picks first, then sending a low first rounder to us for Marshall. However, I just don't see any organization valuing Marshall that highly or else he would have been dealt long ago.

Rabb
04-06-2010, 08:31 AM

I am just not sure we would want it, who would we take as a position of need?

Suh is honestly the only player I would want there

although...I could see us taking the #4 and trading down for more picks, I would be ok with that

Rulon Velvet Jones
04-06-2010, 08:31 AM
Those comments read a lot like the Bears boards after the Cutler trade.

Rabb
04-06-2010, 08:32 AM
If you could parlay the fourth for other players/picks it would be awesome, but otherwise, it might be a curse.

We don't need a QB or a Left Tackle, so you are talking D-line being our potential target. Suh could be a monster at 3-4 End, but at that price tag I don't know if the value is there.

I would see Shanny trading the 4 pick for multiple picks first, then sending a low first rounder to us for Marshall. However, I just don't see any organization valuing Marshall that highly or else he would have been dealt long ago.

I was thinking that also, I am not really sure that Washington wants that pick anymore

Br0nc0Buster
04-06-2010, 08:34 AM
Taylor Mays can cover pretty well, sometimes too instinctive and blows it, but he will be a solid safety for years. I think he could be the next Dawkins.

most scouting reports describe the exact opposite regarding Mays
Takes horrible angles
cant cover
constantly gets schooled on double moves
doesnt get picks

He is a SS that should be used for run support, thats it
Just like Landry

cmhargrove
04-06-2010, 08:35 AM
I was thinking that also, I am not really sure that Washington wants that pick anymore

Shanny would be insane to pass on their greatest team need with the #4 pick. If you are the Redskins, take Okung at #4 and be happy.

bowtown
04-06-2010, 08:36 AM
Trading down in the first round, especially out of the top 10 is a very difficult thing to do.

strafen
04-06-2010, 08:44 AM
Other than the 4th overall pick what the **** do the Redskins have that is even remotely worth the Broncos time?Nothing. That's why they're after our best players we're so willing to part with...
The broncos offer the redskins a good one-stop shopping to fill their needs...
We have Marshall, one of the best NFL WR today, Clady one of the best LT, could also help the redskins OL, Harris up and coming star at RT?

I'm sure with the right deal, McD will be more than happy to part with his best players for more draft picks.

I don't think they need a TE, we have one still. I'm pretty sure they're set on defense, and I'm also sure they know about Dumervil...

bowtown
04-06-2010, 08:49 AM
Nothing. That's why they're after our best players we're so willing to part with...
We have Marshall, one of the best NFL WR today, Clady one of the best LT, could also help the redskins OL, Harris up and coming star at RT?

I'm sure with the right deal, McD will be more than happy to part with his best players for more draft picks.

I don't think they need a TE, we have one still. I'm pretty sure they're set on defense, and I'm also sure they know about Dumervil...

Sorry, up to this point, which of our best players has McDaniels traded for more draft picks? Must be a pretty long list, because you seem to have a lot of evidence to back up your totally baseless and retarded statements. Can you please provide it? Thanks. Or am I still at the top of your "Elite Ignore List"? You are such a worthless poster.

yerner
04-06-2010, 08:49 AM
Mcdaniels isn't going to give Marshall to Shannahan. Won't happen.

Drek
04-06-2010, 08:52 AM
Nothing. That's why they're after our best players we're so willing to part with...

You're an absolute ****ing idiot sometimes, you know that?

FYI, Marshall was offered an extension and turned it down. You might not call it "fair" but it was better than what any other team is willing to offer him now that he's gotten to test the market.

The Broncos want to keep Marshall assuming he'll behave. That is their top priority, not just giving him away.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-06-2010, 08:53 AM
The article appears to be written from the point ofview that brandon leaving us is a done deal and therefore as time ticks by his trade value decreases.

Writers always write from the angle that only 1 team is interested when someone is on the trade block, and that's the team they cover.

Same crap was written when Denver said they were trading Cutler.

and what do the Skins even have to trade if they wanted to deal for Marshall? Jack ****.

Picks in '10?
1st- apparently not on the table
2nd- McNabb
3rd- Supplemental draft

Players?
WR- uuuugggh, that's why the Skins want Marshall, their WRs suck, but let's send one or two back to Denver
DL- Don't the Skins run a 4-3? No one wants Haynesworth, they're not giving up Orapko, the rest is old or not that good.
S- 3 picks by Denver in the past 2 drafts, Dawkins, and Hill

Man, these teams just really line up as trade partners.

Tombstone RJ
04-06-2010, 08:54 AM
Brandon Marshall might be first post-McNabb move

At noon today, for the first time in his 11-year professional career, longtime Eagle Donovan McNabb will stand in front of a new team's logo. Even as McNabb is introduced as the Redskins' next quarterback, you can bet the team is already identifying its next moves.

And the three areas to keep a close eye on: wide receiver, safety, left tackle -- but not necessarily in that order. In fact, it's probably safe to consider receiver Brandon Marshall's name back in play, and one that you might hear sooner than you hear any tackle's.

Let's start with the draft. With the release of quarterback Marc Bulger on Tuesday, it certainly seems like the St. Louis Rams are moving the chess pieces to make room for Oklahoma's Sam Bradford. While the Redskins will almost certainly listen for offers to move down in the draft in order to gain more picks, it's going to be difficult to pass up at No. 4 Oklahoma State tackle Russell Okung, who was in town for a visit this week.

That said, Tennessee safety Eric Berry is another name that sounds a lot more intriguing today than perhaps it did a week ago. Word that the Redskins might have been willing to part with LaRon Landry as part of McNabb trade would seem to indicate that Redskins coaches feel they can afford to upgrade at that position. They hosted Berry for a visit last week at Redskins Park.

But even before the draft begins on April 22, it probably shouldn't shock anyone if Marshall's name surfaces in connection with the Redskins.

Now that Washington has a quarterback in McNabb that coaches think can help the team win right away, it makes sense that they might immediately chase after a receiver to complement him. While Marshall-to-the-Redskins has been a soft rumor for weeks, don't be surprised if it gains traction in the two weeks leading up to the draft.

Shanahan likes big receivers, and at 6-foot-4-inches, Marshall is bigger than the Redskins' top two receivers, 5-10 Santana Moss and 6-2 Devin Thomas. He also has three straight seasons with at least 100 receptions, 1,000 yards and six touchdowns -- something no receiver on the Washington roster can claim.

Marshall, a restricted free agent, carries a first-round tender, and the Redskins aren't about to pay that price. But Marshall isn't long for Denver, and the Broncos could always consider a trade.

It'd seem unwise for the Redskins to part with any more 2010 picks. If they were to offer players, the most likely offers might include a receiver, a safety or defensive linemen.

The Redskins, of course, have remained tight-lipped on the matter. Asked about Marshall two weeks ago, Shanahan said, "Just have to wait and see. Can't share that with you."

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/nfl-draft/brandon-marshall-might-be-firs.html

What player does the Skins have that the Broncos would want in a trade? Their oline has no one that I can think of. No way the Broncos take Haynesworth. The only other guy on defense that I can think of is Orakpo and I just don't see the skins letting him go.

So who do they have?

baja
04-06-2010, 09:01 AM
All you guys wishing to trade marshall will be bitching and moning if he does in fact get traded say to Shanny and goes on to be a beast year after year. He will be our new Reed.

Trading Marshall would be a huge mistake. We have all the cards and he has to play well& keep his nose clean if he ever hopes to see the big money.

DarkHorse
04-06-2010, 09:05 AM

Then what?

Draft is a major crapshoot, so we get the 4th and draft some bust - Marshall is a proven commodity.

I'd rather see him stay, force him to grow up. At some point in time the guy is going to wake up and I want him on our team when that happens.

bowtown
04-06-2010, 09:09 AM
Then what?

Draft is a major crapshoot, so we get the 4th and draft some bust - Marshall is a proven commodity.

I'd rather see him stay, force him to grow up. At some point in time the guy is going to wake up and I want him on our team when that happens.

What if he doesn't? That's kind of a crapshoot too.

Crushaholic
04-06-2010, 09:22 AM
I would trade BMarsh for Haynesworth straight up if the Skins subsidized his contract the way Texas did for A-Rod.

In summation of your posts in this thread...You want the 4th overall pick (which means we have to pay 4th overall pick money). However, you're worried about the money the Broncos would have to pay for a proven commodity such as Haynesworth? I'm not sure I'm following that logic...

Archer81
04-06-2010, 09:24 AM

Wow. Thank God you have a history of sanity when dealing with McDaniels, otherwise I would not know this is sarcasm...

:Broncos:

~Crash~
04-06-2010, 09:30 AM

Haynesworth ? you do read right? just checking .we run 34 so I do think you might go read again .

DenverBrit
04-06-2010, 10:17 AM
Haynesworth ? you do read right? just checking .we run 34 so I do think you might go read again .

Indeed.

He's already pissed about Shanny changing from a 4-3.
He just doesn't want to play NT in 3-4......it would screw up his fantasy and Madden stats. ;)

Mr.Meanie
04-06-2010, 10:31 AM
In summation of your posts in this thread...You want the 4th overall pick (which means we have to pay 4th overall pick money). However, you're worried about the money the Broncos would have to pay for a proven commodity such as Haynesworth? I'm not sure I'm following that logic...

1. The 4th pick allows flexibility. The Pats absolutely cleaned up the year they had a high first round pick and traded down multiple times before selecting Jerod Mayo. That would be the idea.

2. Haynesworth has a $100M contract. He's the highest paid defensive player ever. Seriously you don't follow the logic of worrying about his contract?

PRBronco
04-06-2010, 10:35 AM
Indeed.

He's already pissed about Shanny changing from a 4-3.
He just doesn't want to play NT in 3-4......it would screw up his fantasy and Madden stats. ;)

Not that it's even remotely financially feasible, but his body type/playing style are similar to Haloti Ngata, who plays DE in Baltimore's 3-4 (where our DC has spent some time). I bet Haynesworth would dominate in that role.

Dagmar
04-06-2010, 10:36 AM

No words needed.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/fletchismint/10cq4v6.gif

Hercules Rockefeller
04-06-2010, 10:38 AM
1. The 4th pick allows flexibility. The Pats absolutely cleaned up the year they had a high first round pick and traded down multiple times before selecting Jerod Mayo. That would be the idea.

The Pats traded down once, from #7 to #10 and gave up a 5th to get a 3rd.

bowtown
04-06-2010, 10:48 AM
Yeah, a top 5 pick is pretty much the definition of inflexibility.

bronco militia
04-06-2010, 10:50 AM
there's a lot of FAIL on this thread :giggle:

Beantown Bronco
04-06-2010, 10:53 AM
2. Haynesworth has a $100M contract. He's the highest paid defensive player ever. Seriously you don't follow the logic of worrying about his contract?

It's not bad at all when you look at the fine print. Any team acquiring him actually doesn't have to pay him much $ at all over the next three seasons.

Here's the breakdown of what an acquiring team would have to pay:

2010: $3.6 million (+ $21 million guaranteed option bonus due 4/1 - ALREADY PAID BY WASHINGTON)
2011: $5.4 million
2012: $6.7 million (+ $500,000 workout bonus)

Haynesworth is due a $29 million "poison pill" in 2013, effectively making it a four-year, $48.2 million deal.

What's so bad about that?

Garcia Bronco
04-06-2010, 10:56 AM
Dumbest reach article ever.

Mr.Meanie
04-06-2010, 10:56 AM
The Pats traded down once, from #7 to #10 and gave up a 5th to get a 3rd.

My bad, I was going off memory...should have checked wikipedia. Regardless, they traded back 3 spots and got value while still picking up the best ILB in the draft.

That third they got gave them the flexibility to trade their other third for a 2009 2nd and an '08 5th that year.

I hate the Pats as much as anyone, but they really know how to play the game in the draft. Their philosophy is to stockpile picks to allow flexibility for either trading them for future stockpiled picks or grabbing specific value they are targetting.

TonyR
04-06-2010, 11:14 AM
What's so bad about that?

Not only is it not bad, it's a bargain. Which is why the rumor that the Eagles weren't interested in him being part of a McNabb trade doesn't make any sense. The Eagles run a 4-3 and weren't interested in perhaps the best 4-3 DT in the league?

TheReverend
04-06-2010, 11:27 AM
Not only is it not bad, it's a bargain. Which is why the rumor that the Eagles weren't interested in him being part of a McNabb trade doesn't make any sense. The Eagles run a 4-3 and weren't interested in perhaps the best 4-3 DT in the league?

That. Especially with how underwhelming Bunkley has been.

meangene
04-06-2010, 11:37 AM

I think he is another talented guy with a piss poor attitude who already has a ton of money in his pocket. He feuded with his coaches last year, got hurt and is already whining about his role this coming season. He was highly motivated in Tennessee during his contract year and gave inconsistent effort before that. Tennessee let him go and now Washington is trying to unload him.

Beantown Bronco
04-06-2010, 11:39 AM

Only thing I can think of is that Washington was requiring that another player or pick come over to them if Haynesworth was involved in the trade. Given the fact that Landry's name has been floated around as well, perhaps something like McNabb + Quentin Mikell (plus a pick) for Haynesworth and Landry. I could see the Eagles balking at something like that as opposed to a straight up McNabb/Haynesworth trade.

NFLBRONCO
04-06-2010, 12:00 PM
I'd forget about the Tender NO team is going to bite. Skins might do BM and 11 for 4 but, that's it. Not enough interest so teams know lets just wait til we can offer trade packages and see what happens. I think the interesting thing is what Denver ends up accepting just to rid themselves of BM.

DBroncos4life
04-06-2010, 12:10 PM
Just some Broncos-related tidbits from FoxSports.com:

If the Rams commit to Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford as their No. 1 pick in this year's draft, could a deal for Brandon Marshall soon be in the works?

A source close to the Rams told me that the team still has strong interest in the Broncos wide receiver. And that interest may spiral up in the coming weeks if the team is serious about making Bradford their franchise quarterback.

It's become obvious that no team is willing to part with a first-round pick to pluck Marshall from Denver, but the Rams could offer the next-best thing--the top pick in the second round. That would help the Rams create a more solid core of talent around their rookie quarterback with Marshall, wide receiver Donnie Avery and running back Steven Jackson.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/n...ril-draft-buzz

Got that from dbfan21. Not a bad idea, maybe they would trade Carriker with that deal. Lots of other 3-4 teams have been rumored to be after him.

TonyR
04-06-2010, 12:30 PM
I think he is another talented guy with a piss poor attitude who already has a ton of money in his pocket. He feuded with his coaches last year, got hurt and is already whining about his role this coming season. He was highly motivated in Tennessee during his contract year and gave inconsistent effort before that. Tennessee let him go and now Washington is trying to unload him.

All good points. But I still think he's a dominant force that has to be accounted for in the offensive gameplan, and if you can get him with the Redskins already having payed the bulk of the tab I think it's a risk you're willing to take. It will be interesting to see where he ends up.

Bronco Yoda
04-06-2010, 12:37 PM
Just pay BM already.

Dagmar
04-06-2010, 12:39 PM
Just pay BM already.

And if he gets involved in another incident and is banned for 8 games?

baja
04-06-2010, 12:47 PM
I'd forget about the Tender NO team is going to bite. Skins might do BM and 11 for 4 but, that's it. Not enough interest so teams know lets just wait til we can offer trade packages and see what happens. I think the interesting thing is what Denver ends up accepting just to rid themselves of BM.

That would be a big time steal for Shanny

DBroncos4life
04-06-2010, 12:49 PM

He would be showing up at pro days working out with college players trying to find another team willing to give him a chance like Pacman Jones all while working on the TV show Pros vs Joes.

If he gets in another incident he is gone for a 1 year.

Rabb
04-06-2010, 12:55 PM
He would be showing up at pro days working out with college players trying to find another team willing to give him a chance like Pacman Jones all while working on the TV show Pros vs Joes.

If he gets in another incident he is gone for a 1 year.

8 games probably, but yes exactly

he is the ultimate risk/reward but I think this off season will make him realize he really effed himself up to this point

no way a kid with his talent should have any trouble getting the $ he wants, but he is...and I think he will realize that soon enough

he's worth the risk

DBroncos4life
04-06-2010, 12:59 PM
8 games probably, but yes exactly

he is the ultimate risk/reward but I think this off season will make him realize he really effed himself up to this point

no way a kid with his talent should have any trouble getting the $ he wants, but he is...and I think he will realize that soon enough

he's worth the risk

I think it will go past 8 games. He got his 4 pushed down then he caught a huge break when charges got dropped last time. I'm pretty sure the commissioner talked to him after that little mess up and told him next time it's a year if he hears Marshall's name in the news for anything other then positive.

Even if it's only 8 games I think the team that has him would suspend him longer like the rest of the remaining games and he would be out of the NFL the following season.

go_broncos
04-06-2010, 01:22 PM

then we can atleast win remaining games..without him, Orton becomes below average QB.

baja
04-06-2010, 01:25 PM
then we can atleast win remaining games..without him, Orton becomes below average QB.

Not true - Eddie Royal and whoever will take up the slack. This Offense does not rest on Marshall's shoulders

baja
04-06-2010, 01:25 PM
Actually that is the beauty of it.

Broncos4Life
04-06-2010, 02:19 PM
This is the same **** we've been reading about for a couple months. Last time it was the Bears who should pick up Marshall. Both of those teams don't have **** to trade. Media is doing whatever it can to keep the Marshall story afloat.

cutthemdown
04-06-2010, 02:56 PM

Mays just isn't quick enough in the hips to be a good coverage guy in NFL.

He's super fast, just not good changing direction. One of my favorite players at USC but I think he is more like a Roy Williams then a Dawmins. Dawkins always showed a knack for the football. Dawkins is just a great football players and IMO Mays more just an athlete who plays football pretty well.

cutthemdown
04-06-2010, 02:59 PM
This is the same **** we've been reading about for a couple months. Last time it was the Bears who should pick up Marshall. Both of those teams don't have **** to trade. Media is doing whatever it can to keep the Marshall story afloat.

I could see a deal where Broncos get a first round pick next yr, and a decent vet starter this yr. Maybe a center, a Dend, a linebacker, etc etc.

But the longer it takes the less teams will have to offer as they finalize roster spots and head into the draft. But then after the draft when they see who they got it could open up some spots for Brandon to be traded to.

Really though teams just don't seem that interested. Big slap in the face to Marshals ego considering what cowboys gave up for Roy Williams, Seattle for Deion Branch? was that his name? etc etc etc etc.

Hamrob
04-06-2010, 05:03 PM
I could see us trading Marshall to WA in some sort of 3-way trade involving Haynesworth.

- WA gets Marshall
- 3rd team gets Haynesworth
- Den gets 1st round pick (or other compensation) from 3rd team

Dedhed
04-06-2010, 05:42 PM
Not true - Eddie Royal and whoever will take up the slack. This Offense does not rest on Marshall's shoulders
True

Cutler w/ Marshall vs Raiders in 2008: Results in a loss at home
16/37 for 204 yds 0 TDs 1 INT

Cutler w/o Marshall vs. Raiders in 2008: Results in a road win
16/24 for 300 yds 2 TDs 0 INT

Small sampling, but its the only one we've got.

TonyR
04-07-2010, 06:25 AM
At three years and $16 million, Haynesworth contract is now very tradeable
Posted by Mike Florio on April 6, 2010 11:03 PM ET

With the Redskins paying defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth a $21 million bonus last week, we're told that the practical length and value of his contract is three years, $16 million, with $9 million guaranteed.

As a league source opined, "Every team in the NFL would have interest in that."

The question is whether and to what extent the Redskins would want reimbursement of the money paid last week. And that question depends on whether the Redskins prefer cash or draft picks -- and whether the teams that want him are willing to give up cash or draft picks.

In our view, coach Mike Shanahan likely would prefer to stockpile picks.

We've confirmed that the Redskins definitely attempted to trade Haynesworth before the $21 million payment came due. Others have reported that the efforts continue, with the Titans and Rams the teams most frequently mentioned. Now that the financial package has been reduced to a ridiculously affordable $16 million over three years, someone will bite if the price is right.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/06/at-three-years-and-16-million-haynesworth-contract-is-now-very-tradeable/

Rabb
04-07-2010, 07:08 AM
Shanny would be insane to pass on their greatest team need with the #4 pick. If you are the Redskins, take Okung at #4 and be happy.

I hear ya', but I am not the only one that thinks so...I know Mort isn't the end all source for sure but here is what he tweeted also (actually a reply to a tweet question)

@Matthew_Sutton: @mortreport what are the odds the Redskins trade down in the draft now > That's their goal. There's a chance.

Drek
04-07-2010, 07:10 AM
I could see us trading Marshall to WA in some sort of 3-way trade involving Haynesworth.

- WA gets Marshall
- 3rd team gets Haynesworth
- Den gets 1st round pick (or other compensation) from 3rd team

No one is giving a 1st to get Haynesworth.

Late 2nd/early 3rd is the best Washington will get for a guy who's play suddenly noticeably declined after getting the biggest contract for a D player ever.