PDA

View Full Version : **The Masters** Official Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

Garcia Bronco
04-10-2010, 05:36 PM
What a great day of Golf.

Bronco CB40
04-10-2010, 06:15 PM
It would nice to see Westwood finally win a major. He's been one of the most successful European golfers over the last 25 years, but probably won't get his due in the States until he wins a big one.

ZONA
04-10-2010, 10:45 PM
If I were Phil, I wouldn't change anything about the way he is playing. Don't try and get "safe" all of a sudden tomorrow. He is still going to miss a few shots here and there and get a bogey here or there. He's at his best when his foot is on the gas pedal all the way down. Go for those eagles and birdies and accept the 1 or 2 bogyes. Just don't be a fool and try and play impossible recovery shots hoping to try and avoid the bogey, and end up with double bogey, or worse. Just get back to the fairway or green and take your medicine (bogey) and onto the next hole for the birdie.

I think Westwood will play more conservative and will probably be -3 under tomorrow. I think Phil is going to be -5 under tomorrow and win by 1. Tiger will scramble like a MF and still manage -3 under tomorrow to secure 3rd place.

Congrats Phil on your 3rd jacket and 4th major

Just think if Phil didn't come in 2nd place 5 times in the US Open and the PGA once. The dude would have 9 majors right now and closing in on 10 tomorrow. One hell of a player.

I know some guys think Els or Singh have had better careers then Phil but I don't think that's true. Tiger and Phil are the ONLY players right now on tour to have life time exemptions to any PGA tournament because of the # of total PGA wins.

And Phil's got the bucks. I would never have guessed he was the 2nd highest paid athelete in the world.

According to a Sports Illustrated feature entitled "The Fortunate 50", Mickelson is the second-highest paid athlete in the world, behind only Tiger Woods.

JJJ
04-10-2010, 11:15 PM
Man that was fun to watch.

13 through 15 will be the key again I am sure.

Watch out for KJ though if the two leaders have a shaky start. That is a guy who can get hot and won't get nervous.

baja
04-10-2010, 11:22 PM
Man that was fun to watch.

13 through 15 will be the key again I am sure.

<b>Watch out for KJ though if the two leaders have a shaky start. That is a guy who can get hot and won't get nervous.

Ya that guy has got the resolve.

Should be a heck of a Sunday.

Phil has a second place mind set

Hard to bet against Tiger

I like KJ as a dark horse

ZONA
04-11-2010, 01:10 AM
Ya that guy has got the resolve.

Should be a heck of a Sunday.

Phil has a second place mind set

Hard to bet against Tiger

I like KJ as a dark horse

Phil has a 2nd place mindset eh? Not including Woods, he's won more tournaments then anybody on tour. And with 37 PGA wins, he's only 2 behind Tom Watson and Gene Sarazen, who are tied for 10th place of all time PGA wins (behind the likes of some of the greatest to ever play - Nicklaus, Nelson, Hagen, Snead, Hogan, Palmer, Woods). Yeah, so that means he has a better winning mindset then that of (Singh, Els, Trevino, Miller, Player, Floyd, Irwin, Norman, Price, Kite, Crenshaw, Faldo, Couples, just to name a few).

That's not too shabby and I would definitely say if you think Phil has a 2nd place mindset, you really don't know golf at all.

And probably the best indicator that Phil goes all out for the win is the style of golf he plays. He wants to make everything and that sometimes has cost him wins. You never see Phil playing it safe so he can shore up 2nd place. That's a joke. He doesn't giev a crap about 2nd place. Like he needs the paycheck or something, lol.

Good lord, what a ridiculous statement. I think maybe you just didn't think that one through there baja.

baja
04-11-2010, 01:24 AM
Phil has a 2nd place mindset eh? Not including Woods, he's won more tournaments then anybody on tour. And with 37 PGA wins, he's only 2 behind Tom Watson and Gene Sarazen, who are tied for 10th place of all time PGA wins (behind the likes of some of the greatest to ever play - Nicklaus, Nelson, Hagen, Snead, Hogan, Palmer, Woods). Yeah, so that means he has a better winning mindset then that of (Singh, Els, Trevino, Miller, Player, Floyd, Irwin, Norman, Price, Kite, Crenshaw, Faldo, Couples, just to name a few).

That's not too shabby and I would definitely say if you think Phil has a 2nd place mindset, you really don't know golf at all.

And probably the best indicator that Phil goes all out for the win is the style of golf he plays. He wants to make everything and that sometimes has cost him wins. You never see Phil playing it safe so he can shore up 2nd place. That's a joke. He doesn't giev a crap about 2nd place. Like he needs the paycheck or something, lol.

Good lord, what a ridiculous statement. I think maybe you just didn't think that one through there baja.

Well your right about one thing I really don't know that much about the game of golf but i still bet he finishes 2nd tomorrow. Call it a hunch.

The Joker
04-11-2010, 03:54 AM
Really hope Phil wins, he deserves another couple of majors to really put himself among that third tier of all time greats alongside guys like Seve, Faldo and Trevino.

By far the second best golfer of this generation IMO, with a bit more luck he could have half a dozen majors to his name already. Really would like to see him get a couple more and distance himself from the likes of Els and Singh who also both have 3 majors, cos he's a better player than both of them IMO.

rbackfactory80
04-11-2010, 07:16 AM

Funny thing is just above you say I hope he doesn't play it all safe. That epitomizes not knowing anything about golf. Phil has never played it safe and playing from behind at a major wont be the first time he does.

rbackfactory80
04-11-2010, 07:18 AM
Oh, and by the way, I take Westwood shooting a 69 and holding on for the Jacket.

The Joker
04-11-2010, 08:17 AM
Actually Phil did make some very necessary changes to his approach to the game back around 2003.

He's still very aggressive, one of the most aggressive players out there in fact, but in his early days he fired at literally every pin, and it ended up costing him more often than not.

I think he's found just the right approach now, aggressive but not to the point of insanity like he used to be, and I hope he goes on to do it.

Westwood is a tough one to call.

I can see him falling apart if his ball-striking dips at all.

When things start going against him his chipping and putting tends to go to pieces. He's struck the ball so well all week that it's been nigh on impossible for him not to shoot under par each round. He's only missed 11 greens in regulation all week, and I'd wager he's been on at least as many Par 5's in two as he's missed.

If he hits the ball as well again today he'll be hard to beat, but if he doesn't I'd not be surprised to see him shoot in the mid 70's.

azbroncfan
04-11-2010, 09:12 AM
I know some guys think Els or Singh have had better careers then Phil but I don't think that's true.

Who thinks that?

rbackfactory80
04-11-2010, 09:47 AM
]Actually Phil did make some very necessary changes to his approach to the game back around 2003.
[/B]
He's still very aggressive, one of the most aggressive players out there in fact, but in his early days he fired at literally every pin, and it ended up costing him more often than not.

I think he's found just the right approach now, aggressive but not to the point of insanity like he used to be, and I hope he goes on to do it.

Westwood is a tough one to call.

I can see him falling apart if his ball-striking dips at all.

When things start going against him his chipping and putting tends to go to pieces. He's struck the ball so well all week that it's been nigh on impossible for him not to shoot under par each round. He's only missed 11 greens in regulation all week, and I'd wager he's been on at least as many Par 5's in two as he's missed.

If he hits the ball as well again today he'll be hard to beat, but if he doesn't I'd not be surprised to see him shoot in the mid 70's.

Such as what? He was still hitting balls into garbage cans with the US open in the bag at winged foot in 2006.

FADERPROOF
04-11-2010, 09:48 AM
Rooting for Phil...us lefties gotta stick together!!!

Sassy
04-11-2010, 09:59 AM
Go Phil!
He's had a rough year or two...:(
Do it for your wife and mom!

azbroncfan
04-11-2010, 10:12 AM
All I know is nobody knows what the hell will happen. Someone around -6 or better could shoot 64 and win the tournament. Everyone back there is capable. Who knows who will show up.

Dedhed
04-11-2010, 10:49 AM
If Phil has demonstrated anything throughout his entire career, it's a "First place or bust" attitude towards the game. He may well bust today, but it will be due to the fact that he was going for broke.

He's going to go out and try to shoot 65. He's not going to play for a 72 and hope Westwood makes a mistake.

I think Westwood or Phil will win it. Only twice since 1991 has the winner not been in the final pairing, and the fact that they're 4 and 3 strokes clear of the field makes that even more likely. They're also both world class players and unlikely to crumble.

baja
04-11-2010, 11:06 AM
The one that will pull out all the stops is Tiger

The Joker
04-11-2010, 11:13 AM
Such as what? He was still hitting balls into garbage cans with the US open in the bag at winged foot in 2006.

That's just a bad drive under pressure.

Nothing at all to do with being too aggressive, which was what I was talking about.

Take his second shot on the 11th yesterday, perfect example of what I'm talking about. Hit a mid-iron on to the wide part of the green, away from the water. Exactly where he was aiming, about 30 feet from the pin on the safe side of the green, two putted for a solid par.

That's the kind of shot that got him in trouble 10 years ago. He'd likely have gone for the pin, which you really have no business doing when the pin is where it was.

Also he's less aggressive with the putter, he's shortened his stroke for one thing, which leads to less 3 putts for him.

The Joker
04-11-2010, 11:15 AM
Just hard to see one of Westwood or Mickelson not shooting a 67 or 68.

I'm not sure anyone in the field has a 63 or 64 in their locker.

rbackfactory80
04-11-2010, 11:38 AM
That's just a bad drive under pressure.

Nothing at all to do with being too aggressive, which was what I was talking about.

Take his second shot on the 11th yesterday, perfect example of what I'm talking about. Hit a mid-iron on to the wide part of the green, away from the water. Exactly where he was aiming, about 30 feet from the pin on the safe side of the green, two putted for a solid par.

That's the kind of shot that got him in trouble 10 years ago. He'd likely have gone for the pin, which you really have no business doing when the pin is where it was.

Also he's less aggressive with the putter, he's shortened his stroke for one thing, which leads to less 3 putts for him.

Pulling the driver out in the first place was being too aggressive. Your reaching bro, no one goes at 11. People miss intentionally to the right.

Dedhed
04-11-2010, 11:53 AM
The one that will pull out all the stops is Tiger

Bogey at #1 for El Tigre.

The Joker
04-11-2010, 11:54 AM
He needed par to win on a long par 4, you gotta hit the driver.

Here's someone else's thoughts on the matter.

''I see highlights of my putting stroke on the greens at Augusta, I just think, 'What was I doing? The stroke was so long, I had to learn to putt those greens better. When I watch some of the misses that I hit off the tee or certain holes where you just can't miss it, today, I made four or five bogeys but each bogey was on the proper side to where I could get up and down."

- Phil Mickelson, 2005.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/Smileys/Lots_O_Smileys/powgw9.gif

baja
04-11-2010, 11:55 AM
Bogey at #1 for El Tigre.

Looks like it might have all caught up with Tiger, lets see if he has another gear.

baja
04-11-2010, 12:03 PM
I want the old white guy in the slippers to win.

Dedhed
04-11-2010, 12:05 PM
I want the old white guy in the slippers to win.

I'd love to see Freddie win it. Just dropped a bomb at #3 to go to -9. Tiger not getting a birdie at #2 doesn't bode well for him. That's dropping a stroke to most of the field.

rbackfactory80
04-11-2010, 12:08 PM
Another quote after playing the 18th at winged foot, I am such an idiot. ~Phil Mickelson.

His caddy told him to hit three and he needed 5 not 4 to win the tourney.
Three iron that is!

The Joker
04-11-2010, 12:08 PM
Tiger having a ****ter?

Poor approach to the 3rd, tough par from there.

Dedhed
04-11-2010, 12:31 PM
Tiger having a ****ter?

Poor approach to the 3rd, tough par from there.

Gonna be tough for Woods. Started with just two guys ahead of him, and now there are 7.

The Joker
04-11-2010, 12:43 PM
Tiger ain't winning this.

Westwood looks shaky, Phil not getting it done either.

Letting a lot of guys back into this thing.

KJ Choi is the real dark horse, IMO.

baja
04-11-2010, 12:58 PM
<b>Tiger ain't winning this.</b>

Westwood looks shaky, Phil not getting it done either.

Letting a lot of guys back into this thing.

KJ Choi is the real dark horse, IMO.

spoken too soon ;D

azbroncfan
04-11-2010, 01:38 PM
Another quote after playing the 18th at winged foot, I am such an idiot. ~Phil Mickelson.

His caddy told him to hit three and he needed 5 not 4 to win the tourney.
Three iron that is!

It was the second shot that killed him. He tried to hit a 3 iron out of the rough over a tall tree which didn't make it over. If he would of wedged out to wedge range and taken his chances getting up and down for par just like Ogilvy did to win the tourney.

The Joker
04-11-2010, 01:38 PM
You may be right.

5 of them all right in there with a shot now, gonna be some couple of hours of golf this.

Dagmar
04-11-2010, 01:51 PM
Tiger goes eagle birdie birdie.

cue *jaws music*

rbackfactory80
04-11-2010, 02:19 PM
It was the second shot that killed him. He tried to hit a 3 iron out of the rough over a tall tree which didn't make it over. If he would of wedged out to wedge range and taken his chances getting up and down for par just like Ogilvy did to win the tourney.

Driver was not the play, second shot was stupid also.

gunns
04-11-2010, 02:24 PM
Nasty Tiger. Had my head turn and wondered who in the hell was saying T I G E R, turned and it was him. Bad.

cabronco
04-11-2010, 02:35 PM
Phil playing awesome with irons & putter, but throw that F-N Driver in the drink. Just play the 3 wood if nothing else.

Nice audio on Tiger.......Ti-------GRRRRRRRR.

azbroncfan
04-11-2010, 02:41 PM
Driver was not the play, second shot was stupid also.

I am not even sure he could get a 3 iron to the fairway on that long hole. If he hits it in the rough he has 220 plus in deep rough which would be near impossible to get to the green. Driver was the play he just made an amatuer terrible swing. Pressure will make you make a bad swing. If I remember correctly he didn't even have a 3 wood that round or something goofy like that. If he wedged to 80 yards on second shot he is good enough he would of got it up and down more often than not. Monday morning QB is easy too.

eddie mac
04-11-2010, 02:43 PM
Masters winning shot there from Big Phil

SouthStndJunkie
04-11-2010, 02:44 PM
Big balls by Lefty on that shot on the 13th hole.

Go out and win this thing now.

Dedhed
04-11-2010, 02:44 PM
Would you call that a 2nd place mentality, Baja?

The Joker
04-11-2010, 02:45 PM
There's that new, more conservative Mickelson I was talking about. http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/Smileys/Lots_O_Smileys/eekout.gif

Awesome, awesome golf shot.

baja
04-11-2010, 02:48 PM
Would you call that a 2nd place mentality, Baja?

the putt was ha ha

SouthStndJunkie
04-11-2010, 02:49 PM
****tle sticks.

eddie mac
04-11-2010, 02:49 PM
what a miss.

cabronco
04-11-2010, 02:50 PM
Oh phil-doe, way to let that Eagle slip away....damn

baja
04-11-2010, 02:51 PM
Tiger time lets see if he can find the zone

baja
04-11-2010, 02:51 PM
Ouch

SouthStndJunkie
04-11-2010, 02:52 PM
Tiger **** the bed on 14.

The Joker
04-11-2010, 02:52 PM
Tiger time lets see if he can find the zone

Give it up man.

eddie mac
04-11-2010, 02:53 PM
Tiger needs to get his sex back on.

baja
04-11-2010, 02:54 PM
Give it up man.

I know he will not win but he has done a amezing job keeping himself close in spite of his game falling apart.

cabronco
04-11-2010, 02:55 PM
That was an awful effort by Tiger. Perhaps he just has a sore hand..:clown:

TDmvp
04-11-2010, 02:55 PM
Tiger needs to get his sex back on.

:spit:

Yea that was great ... I was thinking he was going to fist pump after finally making that 3rd put lol ...

The Joker
04-11-2010, 02:56 PM
I know he will not win but he has done a amezing job keeping himself close in spite of his game falling apart.

True, he's playing absolutely woeful golf yet somehow he's on page 1 of the leaderboard.

It's the real brilliance of the guy.

Anyone else would shoot 78 the way he's swinging today, Tiger will still probably break par.

gunns
04-11-2010, 02:58 PM
I'm sorry, I have to say it, cut your hair Phil. Sloppy

baja
04-11-2010, 03:03 PM
Dedhed, here is you new avatar ;D

http://cheezburger.com/lolbuilder.aspx?preview=1&source=http%3A//images.cheezburger.com/imagestore/2010/4/8/b0a85054-6916-4c51-932f-3001708f1d2f.jpg&top=I%20love%20me...&bottom=...some%20Tiger&middle=&font=Impact&color=White&size=25&bold=true&italic=false&underlined=false&style=outline&opacity=100&topalignment=left&middlealignment=center&bottomalignment=right

Make twenty posts with this than you can change to the Dead one.

The Joker
I'm sorry, I have to say it, cut your hair Phil. Sloppy

Long haired golfers are awesome to be honest.

SouthStndJunkie
Nice putt for par by Lefty to stay 2 shots up.

baja
04-11-2010, 03:04 PM
Damn that brain fart by Tiger

baja
04-11-2010, 03:07 PM
Damn Tiger could easily be 4 or 5 under for the day.

gunns
04-11-2010, 03:07 PM
Long haired golfers are awesome to be honest.

That is not long hair. It's straggly hair

baja
04-11-2010, 03:08 PM
Damn Fred niiice

The Joker
04-11-2010, 03:10 PM
That is not long hair. It's straggly hair

Gotta walk before you can run.

eddie mac
04-11-2010, 03:17 PM
Westy needs this or it is over for sure.

eddie mac
04-11-2010, 03:18 PM
That's it, well done Phil.

The Joker
04-11-2010, 03:27 PM
Not over yet, 17 and 18 are tough holes but you can make birdies on them too.

Westwood needs to birdie 2 of the last 3 and hope for a mistake.

azbroncfan
04-11-2010, 03:29 PM
Westwood walks like he has something up his ass. He is turning into one of the bigger choke artists over the past few years.

baja
04-11-2010, 03:34 PM
Calling Dedhed

http://cheezburger.com/lolbuilder.aspx?preview=1&source=http%3A//images.cheezburger.com/imagestore/2010/4/8/b0a85054-6916-4c51-932f-3001708f1d2f.jpg&top=I%20love%20me...&bottom=...some%20Tiger&middle=&font=Impact&color=White&size=25&bold=true&italic=false&underlined=false&style=outline&opacity=100&topalignment=left&middlealignment=center&bottomalignment=right

SouthStndJunkie
04-11-2010, 03:41 PM
Lefty up by 2 shots going to the 18th hole.

eddie mac
04-11-2010, 03:46 PM
What a final shot from Phil.

azbroncfan
04-11-2010, 03:47 PM
Game over.

The Joker
04-11-2010, 03:48 PM
Wins it in style.

eddie mac
04-11-2010, 03:48 PM
Westwood walks like he has something up his ass. He is turning into one of the bigger choke artists over the past few years.

The Brits have been choking since Faldo and Lyle won a few.

cabronco
04-11-2010, 03:49 PM
Way to go Lefty !!

SouthStndJunkie
04-11-2010, 03:52 PM
Lefty closes it out with a birdie....awesome.

eddie mac
04-11-2010, 03:53 PM
Damn Phil get some sunscreen, that looks funny with the tanned face and big white forehead.

The Joker
04-11-2010, 03:56 PM

Been trying to claim Harrington ever since he won his first major.

Get your own champions, ya limey bastards!!

Cito Pelon
04-11-2010, 03:57 PM
Lefty closes it out with a birdie....awesome.

Agreed.

gunns
04-11-2010, 03:59 PM
Way to go Phil! Poor guy needs something positive. Good game.

The Joker
04-11-2010, 03:59 PM
Wonderful round from Phil it must be said.

He actually had probably his worst day in terms of ball-striking, especially with the driver. Yet he scrambled brilliantly and didn't drop a single shot the whole round, and ultimately shot a 67.

Superb, and his 4th major really is a significant one for him.

cabronco
04-11-2010, 04:00 PM
Damn Phil get some sunscreen, that looks funny with the tanned face and big white forehead.

I dont think any amount of sun screen going to help much when golfers are out playing golf in the sun as often as they do. Its prolly more pronounced since he's white.

eddie mac
04-11-2010, 04:02 PM
Been trying to claim Harrington ever since he won his first major.

Get your own champions, ya limey bastards!!

Nah Harrington is from the South of Ireland so there's no way I would categorise him as a Brit.

Darren Clarke, Rory McIlroy and Graeme McDowell (related to my wife) are from the North and would be categorised as Brits.

The biggest choker ever was Colin Montgomerie. One of the best golfers ever, never to win a major.

The Joker
04-11-2010, 04:04 PM
What's up with McDowell's accent Eddie?

It's bizarre!

SouthStndJunkie
04-11-2010, 04:05 PM
Lefty is my favorite golfer and an easy guy to root for.

Good guy, golfs left handed like me, and is a fellow NFL draftnik.

Baba Booey
04-11-2010, 04:06 PM
Way to go Phil

The Joker
04-11-2010, 04:09 PM
Lefty is my favorite golfer and an easy guy to root for.

Good guy, golfs left handed like me, and a fellow NFL draftnik.

Charger fan though.

Bronco CB40
04-11-2010, 04:22 PM
The next five years or so will probably be the last of Lefty's prime so I am stoked he notched another green jacket while he still in his heyday.

I always admired how good Mickelson is to the fans. Good people deserve good things to happen to them.

JJJ
Charger fan though.

Yeah big time. Way to shut them down Lefty.

That shot on 15 was ridiculous.

Dedhed
Well done Phil. I wish it was 5 strokes better.

Here you go Baja.

Sassy
04-11-2010, 04:26 PM
Way to go Phil! Poor guy needs something positive. Good game.

Yep! I cried along with him.
Congrats Phil!

eddie mac
04-11-2010, 04:28 PM
What's up with McDowell's accent Eddie?

It's bizarre!

It's kind of a mix between Northern Irish and American considering he's been between the 2 since 1998. He attended Alabama on a scholarship.

Sassy
04-11-2010, 04:31 PM
AUGUSTA, Ga. (AP)—Even sweeter than Phil Mickelson slipping into another green jacket was seeing his wife waiting for him behind the 18th green Sunday at Augusta National with tears streaming down her face.

Other Popular Links on Yahoo!Photos: Tiger Woods at Augusta Video: Obama throws out first pitch Solid numbers for iPad sales She had not been at a golf tournament since being diagnosed with breast cancer 11 months ago.

He had not looked the same ever since.

A shattered world seemed at peace in the fading sunlight Sunday at the Masters, where Mickelson made one last birdie for a 5-under 67 and a three-shot victory over Lee Westwood.

The conclusion was far more emotional than anyone expected.

“To win this tournament, it’s the most amazing feeling,” Mickelson said from Butler Cabin. “This has been a special day. I’ll look back on this day as very memorable, something I’ll always cherish.”

Determined to win one for his family, Mickelson made two remarkable par saves from the trees, then made a gutsy play off the pine straw and over Rae’s Creek on the par-5 13th hole. It was the kind of shot that has brought Mickelson so much criticism for taking too many risks. This time, nothing was going to stop him.

His final birdie only mattered on the scorecard, 16-under 272, the lowest by a Masters champion since Tiger Woods in 2001. Mickelson had this won as he walked up the 18th fairway to a massive ovation. He raised both arms when the putt fell, had a long embrace with caddie Jim “Bones” Mackay then walked toward the scoring hut and into Amy Mickelson’s arms.

Standing behind them was Mary Mickelson, his mother, who was diagnosed with breast cancer in July.

Sassy
04-11-2010, 04:34 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/7a/fullj.d0107bf9f36974489687c7017213f269/d0107bf9f36974489687c7017213f269-getty-94534728sh215_the_masters_f.jpg

ZONA
04-11-2010, 04:46 PM
I knew lefty would win this thing after he didn't have a bogey on the front 9. I was getting annoyed there for a bit at Choi and his mitake free game but I kinda felt on the back 9 it would catch up to him, the pressure of it all, as the realization of winning the Masters creeps ever closer and closer. And it did, he started choking it there.

So cheers to Phil and his 2nd place mentality, lol. ROFL!

I gotta say, that 2nd shot from the pinestraw on the par 5 #13 was one of the best shots I have ever seen. You talk about guts and then some. Not sure are many tour players that have balls big enough to attempt that shot while in the lead of the final round at Augusta. For sure.

azbroncfan
04-11-2010, 05:10 PM

Two of Faldo's Master wins were choke jobs by Hoch and Norman too.

Requiem
04-11-2010, 05:37 PM
I like Phil.

bombay
04-11-2010, 05:48 PM
Congrats to Phil and family. Hard to see how anyone could be unhappy with this outcome.

baja
04-11-2010, 05:49 PM
I dont think any amount of sun screen going to help much when golfers are out playing golf in the sun as often as they do. Its prolly more pronounced since he's white.

What!!! He white...Yikes!

baja
04-11-2010, 05:52 PM
I knew lefty would win this thing after he didn't have a bogey on the front 9. I was getting annoyed there for a bit at Choi and his mitake free game but I kinda felt on the back 9 it would catch up to him, the pressure of it all, as the realization of winning the Masters creeps ever closer and closer. And it did, he started choking it there.

<b>So cheers to Phil and his 2nd place mentality, lol. ROFL!</b>

I gotta say, that 2nd shot from the pinestraw on the par 5 #13 was one of the best shots I have ever seen. You talk about guts and then some. Not sure are many tour players that have balls big enough to attempt that shot while in the lead of the final round at Augusta. For sure.

LOL that, as it turns out, proves to be an unfortunate choice of words. ;D

baja
04-11-2010, 05:53 PM
Glad to see a good guy win....

Bronco_Beerslug
04-11-2010, 08:37 PM
Please learn how to read.It's official, your hatred for Woods blinded you to how good he really is, enjoy your new avatar.... Ha!

ZONA
04-11-2010, 11:11 PM

We've all had them at one time or another baja. Tiger did impress the hell out of me though. He was throwing away shots out there and everybody kept writing him off. Then he just casually gets another eagle and birdie and right back in the middle of things. Then a few more thrown away shots, then more eagles and birdies and right back in it again. You could tell though in Tigers interview at the 18th green, that he was furious. Tried not letting it show but you could tell it was there. With how poorly he played some of those shots, he easily could have been in this thing right down to the last hole. I still don't think he would have beat Phil due to Phil having a bogey free round and having quite a few of his own amazing shots.

Kudos to KIM also. He caught on fire there at the end.

And 1 more big cheer for Phil. I wasn't so sure it was going to be his day when that little fawking piece of tree bit (or whatever the hell it was) fell onto the green right in his line just before Phil hits that putt and his ball hits it and goes awry. I mean, have you ever seen anything like that ever? Unreal. That ball looked like it was online too.

baja
04-11-2010, 11:13 PM
I love the Masters

ZONA
04-11-2010, 11:24 PM
Awesome quote from Phil in a presser after it was over.

Reporter talking about the great shot on #13 from the pines.

Reporter "What's the difference between a smart shot and a great shot"

Phil " Uh, I don't know. I mean, a great shot is when you pull it off you know, and a smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it".

There's a reason why they call him Phil the Thrill, hahahaha.

azbroncfan
04-11-2010, 11:26 PM

Yes for sure. It's more of a boom or bust mentality vs 2nd place mentality.

ZONA
04-11-2010, 11:36 PM
Next up: US OPEN June 14-20

http://www.pebblebeach.com/images/USOpen/usopen_header.jpg

Till then

Garcia Bronco
04-12-2010, 05:37 AM
It was a great show as usual. In retrospect, Phil broke the field's back on Saturday. Amazing run of holes. Not many guys win four majors.

TailgateNut
04-12-2010, 06:34 AM
I usually don't give a hoot about golf, but I am glad the Cheetah/ err Tiger dindn't win.

ElwayMD
04-12-2010, 06:41 AM
Congrats to Phil and a big boo hiss to ESPN. I tried tuning in this morning to see the highlights and commentary about Phil and all I get is 4 stories about Tiger. The real feel-good story of this tourney is Phil and his family and ESPN decides it should turn into Tiger 24/7. I'm not sure why I am so surprised that they would play down Phil and pump up Tiger but I am...

Dedhed
04-12-2010, 06:57 AM
I love the Masters

It's the best.

The Joker
04-12-2010, 07:05 AM
Now for Pebble Beach, Phil.

You just know he'd trade the jacket he won last night for that US Open title.

Garcia Bronco
04-12-2010, 07:12 AM
Now for Pebble Beach, Phil.

You just know he'd trade the jacket he won last night for that US Open title.

I doubt it

ColoradoBuff
04-12-2010, 07:26 AM
Congrats to Lefty......he's been thru alot as well. Well deserved Phil! And get to feeling better Amy!

Rohirrim
04-12-2010, 07:49 AM
Next up: US OPEN June 14-20

http://www.pebblebeach.com/images/USOpen/usopen_header.jpg

Till then

Nobody beats Tiger at Pebble Beach.

ColoradoBuff
04-12-2010, 08:10 AM
Nobody beats Tiger at Pebble Beach.

wonder if Tiger will play before then. Will be interesting to see if he does.

The Joker
04-12-2010, 11:47 AM
I doubt it

He's said many times that it's a tournament that he loves and desperately wants to win.

With his demeanor on the course and the way he interacts with the fans, it's a tournament that typifies who the guy is. The Masters is the greatest major, no doubt, but in terms of being a tournament for the people it isn't in the league of the US Open.

Also, the fact that he's finished 2nd there 5 times, two of which he had right in his grasp only to let it slip away, will have only made his desire greater to actually lift the trophy one day. I'm sure the Masters is the one they all want starting out, but with two green jackets to his name already there was no way he wouldn't have wanted that Open title more.

ZONA
04-12-2010, 01:44 PM
He's said many times that it's a tournament that he loves and desperately wants to win.

With his demeanor on the course and the way he interacts with the fans, it's a tournament that typifies who the guy is. The Masters is the greatest major, no doubt, but in terms of being a tournament for the people it isn't in the league of the US Open.

Also, the fact that he's finished 2nd there 5 times, two of which he had right in his grasp only to let it slip away, will have only made his desire greater to actually lift the trophy one day. I'm sure the Masters is the one they all want starting out, but with two green jackets to his name already there was no way he wouldn't have wanted that Open title more.

I don't know if he would "trade" the 3rd green jacket but I agree he does want a US Open title badly. Phil is no stranger to Pebble and he's got the game to win there as well. We shall see.

azbroncfan
04-12-2010, 01:55 PM
You guys could be in the what would phil do commercials if he could trade.

Garcia Bronco
04-12-2010, 01:59 PM
I don't know if he would "trade" the 3rd green jacket but I agree he does want a US Open title badly. Phil is no stranger to Pebble and he's got the game to win there as well. We shall see.

This

The Joker
04-12-2010, 03:06 PM
I'd tug myself silly if Phil won a Grand Slam.

Almost no chance it'll happen though.

Rohirrim
04-13-2010, 02:03 PM
Looks like Tiger has signed up for Pebble Beach:

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/36477682/ns/sports-golf/

I knew he couldn't pass on that. It's his favorite course.

ZONA
04-13-2010, 02:10 PM
Looks like Tiger has signed up for Pebble Beach:

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/36477682/ns/sports-golf/

I knew he couldn't pass on that. It's his favorite course.

Of course he is playing. He's not going to skip any majors. Not on one leg and not with a soar and worn out penis. No way.