baja
04-05-2010, 04:57 PM
poll

baja
04-05-2010, 05:24 PM
Actually I can see both teams getting 10 wins this season

Rabb
04-05-2010, 05:27 PM
This shouldn't cause any flaming, good civil thread ahoy!

I think they both make it

Dagmar
04-05-2010, 05:40 PM
http://www.40kradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/incoming.jpg

Garcia Bronco
04-05-2010, 05:50 PM
Definately, definately not the Redskins.

Drek
04-05-2010, 06:02 PM
Broncos and McDaniels, because they're winning 10+ in 2010, along with the division.

We get the NFC West this year, coupled with Oakland being the same Jamarcus Bustell lead team as last year, KC thinking one ok RB is going to make up for their lack of defense, receivers, etc., and San Diego losing some key players while AJ Smith is no longer pulling pro bowlers out of the draft regularly to replace guys.

Meanwhile Shanahan has to play the much improved NFC North, the always dangerous AFC South, and their own division might be the toughest in all of football. They've only got three "easy" games on the schedule (Tampa Bay, St. Louis, and Detroit), and one of those teams, Detroit, is going to surprise a lot of people if you ask me. If Shanahan gets that team to win 10 or more games while also changing starting QBs, offensive systems, defensive systems, and needing to find both OL and WRs for his offense in a single off-season then it'll be one of his best coaching performances yet.

Don't get me wrong, I think Shanahan can out coach almost anyone in the NFL and will probably have them looking at a big step up from last year, but 8-8 is probably the high water mark from a realistic perspective given their schedule.

In short, the guy with the easier schedule, easier division, and going into his second year of a roster rebuild is obviously more likely to have success than the guy with a harder schedule, brutal division, and just starting his own roster rebuild.

baja
04-05-2010, 06:07 PM
One of the things I strive for when I make up a poll is equal votes for each option. I love it when a poll comes out evenly divided because that makes for good discussion.

It looks like this poll will be a runaway for Josh. Question becomes why the heavy voting for Jose given our history here. What changed?

Dagmar
04-05-2010, 06:19 PM
I voted tie, I believe both will manage it this year, not on the same Sunday though! I would need to see the schedule...

baja
04-05-2010, 06:34 PM
I voted tie, I believe both will manage it this year, not on the same Sunday though! I would need to see the schedule...

Ya wish I could change the wording of the tie option. I would take out "same Sunday"

Archer81
04-05-2010, 07:39 PM
Some arguments deserve epicness. Hence why I picked both get it the same day...

:Broncos:

ChSuperStar
04-05-2010, 08:09 PM
Actually I can see both teams getting 10 wins this season

Baja what i said in the other thread made you create this poll. You are a pollomaniac i guess. But no matter what you say.. this season josh will get to 10 wins and shanny will not. So there is ur answer in black and white. No matter how many polls you create that is the truth :welcome:

oubronco
04-05-2010, 08:15 PM
Broncos and McDaniels, because they're winning 10+ in 2010, along with the division.

We get the NFC West this year, coupled with Oakland being the same Jamarcus Bustell lead team as last year, KC thinking one ok RB is going to make up for their lack of defense, receivers, etc., and San Diego losing some key players while AJ Smith is no longer pulling pro bowlers out of the draft regularly to replace guys.

Meanwhile Shanahan has to play the much improved NFC North, the always dangerous AFC South, and their own division might be the toughest in all of football. They've only got three "easy" games on the schedule (Tampa Bay, St. Louis, and Detroit), and one of those teams, Detroit, is going to surprise a lot of people if you ask me. If Shanahan gets that team to win 10 or more games while also changing starting QBs, offensive systems, defensive systems, and needing to find both OL and WRs for his offense in a single off-season then it'll be one of his best coaching performances yet.

Don't get me wrong, I think Shanahan can out coach almost anyone in the NFL and will probably have them looking at a big step up from last year, but 8-8 is probably the high water mark from a realistic perspective given their schedule.

In short, the guy with the easier schedule, easier division, and going into his second year of a roster rebuild is obviously more likely to have success than the guy with a harder schedule, brutal division, and just starting his own roster rebuild.

This stupid thinking that we will win both games against Oakland and KC every year is stupid we haven't won all 4 games in the same year in a long time

baja
04-05-2010, 08:28 PM
Baja what i said in the other thread made you create this poll. You are a pollomaniac i guess. But no matter what you say.. this season josh will get to 10 wins and shanny will not. So there is ur answer in black and white. No matter how many polls you create that is the truth :welcome:

"pollomanic"

LOL ;D

Archer81
04-05-2010, 08:30 PM
Baja does polls?...

No way...

:Broncos:

Drek
04-05-2010, 08:42 PM
This stupid thinking that we will win both games against Oakland and KC every year is stupid we haven't won all 4 games in the same year in a long time

I'd say its stupid to assume I'm saying we'd win both games against both teams when that isn't needed for us to win 10 games.

If we split the division we're 3-3. If we take 3 out of 4 from the NFC West (very likely) we're 6-4. 4 games out of 6 against the NFC South, Baltimore, and the Jets. Is it a gimmie? No, but then neither was beating Dallas, NYG, New England, etc. last year.

That is assuming we split the division again and don't sweep the the NFC West.

We went 8-8 with a harder schedule in our first year of a full organizational transition. Its entirely possible we don't improve, but historically teams get better with familiarity in a scheme when they don't lose any key players. So the historical trend favors the Broncos winning a couple more games next year (i.e. 10+).

tsiguy96
04-05-2010, 08:50 PM
its very hard to assume the redskins will get there first given the huge needs all over the team, theres no real way he can do it all in one offseason. they will be a better team under shanahan, but the talent just isnt there right now to make them a playoff team.

Hogan11
04-05-2010, 11:54 PM
I still hate the Redskins and I don't care if Shanahan is the HC there or not....**** them

snowspot66
04-06-2010, 12:28 AM

Just because we haven't doesn't mean we shouldn't.

BroncoBuff
04-06-2010, 01:12 AM
This shouldn't cause any flaming, good civil thread ahoy!

:~ohyah!:

With the disparity between division, it's hard to argue against the Broncos. The massive, even historic D-line upgrade is exciting.

If Ayers and Haggan step up, our defense will be solid at all 11 spots. When was the last time you could say that?

ZONA
04-06-2010, 03:11 AM
Meanwhile Shanahan has to play the much improved NFC North, the always dangerous AFC South, and their own division might be the toughest in all of football.

This.

Drek
04-06-2010, 05:44 AM
:~ohyah!:

With the disparity between division, it's hard to argue against the Broncos. The massive, even historic D-line upgrade is exciting.

If Ayers and Haggan step up, our defense will be solid at all 11 spots. When was the last time you could say that?

You also have a massive disparity between the two rebuild efforts. Denver is going into a season with legitimate answers at almost every position right now (just need to add a center), while Washington is in the middle of tearing down.

Like we saw last year, its almost impossible to bring in a complete new cast of characters and have it work at every single spot. At some position you're settling on inferior talent because there just isn't anyone worth getting in FA and you're out of draft picks. Shanahan is in the worst off-season in many years to address his biggest needs (OL being #1) and he doesn't have the draft ammo to run a complete overhaul.

I think he'll find (relative) success in Washington, but it isn't going to come overnight.

Bob's your Information Minister
04-06-2010, 06:06 AM
I think you guys are in for a nasty surprise if you stick with Orton this year.

He played over his head last year.

Losing Marshall won't help matters.

baja
04-06-2010, 06:31 AM
I think you guys are in for a nasty surprise if you stick with Orton this year.

He played over his head last year.

Losing Marshall won't help matters.

What do you mean "You guys" I thought you were now a Bronco fan or have been all along or is So Cal making things up?

bronco militia
04-06-2010, 08:28 AM
Josh

he'll win 10 in row, then lose the last 6