PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else see the fielding play of Opening day?

broncosteven
04-05-2010, 12:34 PM
Mark Buehrle kicked a comebacker off to the 1st base side of foul territory then runs it down crossing in front of the batter then flips the ball through and under his legs to Konerko even though Konerko was totally blind to him.

Konerko completes the out by barehanding it before the runner could get to the bag.

Reminds me of when I pitched in a 12" softball league and had a comebacker bounce off my shin, I was able to keep it in front of me and run it down underhanding the out as I spun to the ground.

That and the time I got a guy looking on a nasty knuckler for strike 3. In Softball, no one strikes out looking!

What a play by Buehrle though. Lucky for him my softball career is over.

SnowGoose77
04-05-2010, 01:21 PM
Not much of a baseball fan anymore but that play was pretty sick. Didn't even realize what had happened until I saw the replay. The Wizard didn't have anything on Buehrle on that play.

Bronco CB40
04-05-2010, 01:47 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kcBkWZ26lfc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kcBkWZ26lfc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Doggcow
04-05-2010, 01:54 PM
I thought Hayward jacking a HR on his first AB was pretty stellar.

hades
04-05-2010, 02:02 PM
Jeez, even in slo-mo that looked close, crazy play!

orinjkrush
04-05-2010, 06:00 PM
that was just ....i can't come up with the best words...beautiful? stellar? awesome? beautiful? i said that already. unconscious? ummmm

SoCalBronco
04-05-2010, 06:01 PM
That's my boy...Go Mark!

s0phr0syne
04-05-2010, 06:02 PM
Wow, if there were more of those maybe I could stand to watch MLB.

Dedhed
04-05-2010, 06:14 PM
Somehow I'm guessing that your play wasn't really that similar.

broncosteven
04-05-2010, 06:21 PM
Somehow I'm guessing that your play wasn't really that similar.

LOL

But I was an out of shape 40 year old who just finished working a 10 hour day.

I also left out the one time I drove in the gamewinning RBI, I only had 3 RBI in my short career...

80smith
04-05-2010, 06:35 PM
Dude! I was at the game and when I saw him hit the ground I was worried that he hurt himself then I heard the crowed go nuts. Then saw the replay and then the whole stadum went nuts. It was cool! I could not see it too well cause I was out in left buy the bullpen.

broncosteven
04-05-2010, 07:22 PM
Dude! I was at the game and when I saw him hit the ground I was worried that he hurt himself then I heard the crowed go nuts. Then saw the replay and then the whole stadum went nuts. It was cool! I could not see it too well cause I was out in left buy the bullpen.

I was going to text you but couldn't find my phone.

Dukes
04-05-2010, 07:40 PM
Your initial description didn't do the actual play justice. Amazing play, one of those that you'll never be able to reherse or duplicate.

80smith
04-05-2010, 07:49 PM
I was going to text you but couldn't find my phone.

I had my work phone. Hooked up with some people. Had an indian fan sitting behind me and was mad because she had to admit that that was a great play.I enjoyed that!

bfoflcommish
04-06-2010, 07:04 AM
Wow, if there were more of those maybe I could stand to watch MLB.

IMO baseball has amazing plays with more frequency then both football and basketball.