PDA

View Full Version : Shaun Rogers thinks he's a Bengal

Broncojef
04-01-2010, 07:23 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-browns-rogersarrested

Carrying a loaded gun to the airport he gets arrested.

worm
04-01-2010, 07:35 PM
Yep. It is on Wiki. Must be true per Mane rule 73.4.18b3iv.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaun_Rogers_%28American_football%29

peacepipe
04-01-2010, 09:49 PM
who knew!? rogers is a republican.:wiggle:

houghtam
04-01-2010, 11:41 PM
Ten years ago we would have said "Raider", not "Bengal". I guess we can still say Raider, but I'm just surprised Bengal has made up this much ground.

Broncojef
04-02-2010, 04:25 AM
I work with alot of Bengal fans (military types) and have a running joke about the arrest wire...Bengals definitely have been more active in the last decade than the Raiduhs. A key ingredient, Chis Henry is now gone so maybe they'll slow down now.

SpringStein
04-02-2010, 05:26 AM
Ten years ago we would have said "Raider", not "Bengal". I guess we can still say Raider, but I'm just surprised Bengal has made up this much ground.

Current thug title has been taken over by the Steelers.

Flex Gunmetal
04-02-2010, 09:37 AM
I saw this earlier. Seriously, in an airport? Has he never heard of gilbert arenas?

dbfan4life
04-02-2010, 09:40 AM
Geez, that's just all kinds of stupid. At what point in his thought process did he think it would be OK to stash a loaded gun in his luggage in an airport, no less?

Garcia Bronco
04-02-2010, 09:54 AM
I think you are allowed to transfer a firearm, unloaded and in checked-luggage. WTF would he try to take that through the checkpoint?

kappys
04-02-2010, 10:06 AM
What an idiot. He deserves what any of us would get - at a minimum a few months/year in prison - which will no doubt result in the Browns looking to recoup some of the money they paid him and a hefty layoff from the NFL boss.

Tombstone RJ
04-02-2010, 10:08 AM
I think you are allowed to transfer a firearm, unloaded and in checked-luggage. WTF would he try to take that through the checkpoint?

Maybe it's one of those new ceramic .45s that can't be detected? I keed... I'm thinking he probably didn't realize it was in his luggage. Seriously, think about it. He probably stashed it in his carry on luggage a while ago (probably uses this piece of luggage a lot when driving/traveling) and then forgot about it.

That's the only reasonable explanation I can think of. Otherwise, if he did pack the gun thinking it's not a big deal taking it through security at an airport, he's got to be one of the most dense people in the USA. But I don't think that is the case because he certainly flys enough to know the rules...

kappys
04-02-2010, 10:11 AM
Maybe the Browns are just trying to get in on the success that their AFC North couterparts have had utilizing convicted felons. No doubt they see the success of the Bengals, Steelers, and Ravens and concluded their lack of convicted felons was preventing them from on-field victories/

That One Guy
04-02-2010, 10:26 AM
Maybe it's one of those new ceramic .45s that can't be detected? I keed... I'm thinking he probably didn't realize it was in his luggage. Seriously, think about it. He probably stashed it in his carry on luggage a while ago (probably uses this piece of luggage a lot when driving/traveling) and then forgot about it.

That's the only reasonable explanation I can think of. Otherwise, if he did pack the gun thinking it's not a big deal taking it through security at an airport, he's got to be one of the most dense people in the USA. But I don't think that is the case because he certainly flys enough to know the rules...

I have 4 guns. I can tell you where they are at all times and a reasonable estimate of how much ammo I have and where it is located. If the man forgets where he keeps a loaded .45, he shouldn't have a loaded .45. Whether he gets punished for trying to commit a crime or pure stupidity, his actions were a liability and he deserves anything he gets.

Unfortunately, he's rich and famous... but maybe the Plaxico thing will bleed over and get him as well.

Tombstone RJ
04-02-2010, 10:32 AM
I have 4 guns. I can tell you where they are at all times and a reasonable estimate of how much ammo I have and where it is located. If the man forgets where he keeps a loaded .45, he shouldn't have a loaded .45. Whether he gets punished for trying to commit a crime or pure stupidity, his actions were a liability and he deserves anything he gets.

Unfortunately, he's rich and famous... but maybe the Plaxico thing will bleed over and get him as well.

I completely agree with you. So, you think he purposely took a loaded .45 to the airport and then tried to just slip it through security?

Really? Seriously?

That One Guy
04-02-2010, 10:39 AM
I completely agree with you. So, you think he purposely took a loaded .45 to the airport and then tried to just slip it through security?

Really? Seriously?

That wasn't all that I said. I said there were two options. Either, A, he did the above. Or, B, he forgot where he had a loaded handgun which should be equally punished. Either he committed a crime (A) or he was stupid (B) and either created a liability.

Tombstone RJ
04-02-2010, 10:50 AM
I think it was option B. Option A just makes no sense.

Can you imagine going to the airport with a loaded pistol in your luggage? I'd be literally sweating bullets just waiting for all the alarms and claxtons and sirens to go off when I send that carry-on through the luggage scanner.

Security guy: "WTF?"

Me: "Oh, dude, don't worry about that. I have a license for it."

Security Guy: "GET ON THE GROUND NOW!!" (his side arm pointing up my nose)

Me: "What's the big deal? It's just a loaded semi-automatic..."

Jason in LA
04-02-2010, 11:18 AM
Dude should be punished for being irresponsible, but jail time? Nope. If he forgot that the gun was in his bag, which is what Barry Switzer did, then he shouldn't go to jail. Switzer got 80 hours of community service and paid a fine.

tsiguy96
04-02-2010, 11:32 AM
Dude should be punished for being irresponsible, but jail time? Nope. If he forgot that the gun was in his bag, which is what Barry Switzer did, then he shouldn't go to jail. Switzer got 80 hours of community service and paid a fine.

plax got 2 years when most people get probation for having a gun in NYC. being a celebrity hurts sometimes.

bfoflcommish
04-02-2010, 11:41 AM
plax got 2 years when most people get probation for having a gun in NYC. being a celebrity hurts sometimes.

yes, but plax also fired his in public..accident or not, it still went off in public.

That One Guy
04-02-2010, 11:44 AM

Sure, but is Abdullah the Yemeni national going to get the same benefit when he tries to take a loaded .45 on board? They can't play around these days.

Jason in LA
04-02-2010, 12:14 PM

That case was totally different. There really isn't any comparing the two. Plax, by law, got what was coming to him for his crime.

DBroncos4life
04-02-2010, 12:25 PM
I think getting traded from the Lions to the Browns is punishment enough for Rogers. To find out you are being traded from one of the worst ran teams in the NFL to one just as bad must really suck.

kappys
04-02-2010, 01:12 PM

Times have changed - a lot since then.

This is no laughing matter, nor do I believe that Switzer got a fair punishment. I Agree with That One Guy on this one. Forgetting where you put your loaded gun qualifies as "reckless" to me.

Hogan11
04-02-2010, 02:01 PM
Current thug title has been taken over by the Steelers.

Not even close, the Bengals are nothing but arrogant scumbags and showmen, just like the Raiders were in the 70's & 80's.

azbroncfan
04-02-2010, 02:22 PM

Different circumstances pre 2001. It is a much bigger deal now.

Jason in LA
04-02-2010, 02:25 PM
I can go along with you guys that times are different now. So if he gets a stiffer punishment, fine. But jail? That's going a bit far.

tsiguy96
04-02-2010, 02:48 PM
That case was totally different. There really isn't any comparing the two. Plax, by law, got what was coming to him for his crime.

im not comparing the cases, im comparing what one person who commits a gun crime gets compared to the average public to another. most people in plax' situation get probation, maybe a few months. he got full sentence because mayor publicly stated he wanted to amke an example of him

Jason in LA
04-02-2010, 02:59 PM
im not comparing the cases, im comparing what one person who commits a gun crime gets compared to the average public to another. most people in plax' situation get probation, maybe a few months. he got full sentence because mayor publicly stated he wanted to amke an example of him

I'm no expert on these cases, or what one person gets compared to another person. But from my understanding in the city of New York they have a mandatory minimum sentence for that crime, which is two years. So it wasn't because of the mayor or legal system making an example of Plax. The law stated that he was going away for that time. So I'm figuring anybody who commits that crime in New York would get that sentence.

That One Guy
04-02-2010, 07:24 PM
I can go along with you guys that times are different now. So if he gets a stiffer punishment, fine. But jail? That's going a bit far.

Well, in our one size fits all justice system, jail time is what it is - the answer to everything.

I'd personally be satisfied with a felony and all the sentence being probation. Take away his right to every touch a weapon for the rest of his life and if he even picks one up, slam the door and throw away the key.

That One Guy
04-02-2010, 07:25 PM
I'm no expert on these cases, or what one person gets compared to another person. But from my understanding in the city of New York they have a mandatory minimum sentence for that crime, which is two years. So it wasn't because of the mayor or legal system making an example of Plax. The law stated that he was going away for that time. So I'm figuring anybody who commits that crime in New York would get that sentence.

I believe that was the case. I think it was a mandatory 3 years but he plead down to 2? Hazy on the situation but it was definitely a mandatory prison clause that got him.