PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Marshall to Philly, McNabb to Oakland, and NNAMDI TO DENVER!!!

Doggcow
04-01-2010, 01:12 AM
Per ESPN http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5044944 (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ac/April_Fools_Lolcats.png)

Oakland, Calif. -- Apparently Philly does not see fit to take on Namdi's contract, however, in a rash move Oakland will be sending Pro-Bowler Nnamdi Asomugha to division rival Denver.

Denver is sending an upset Brandon Marshall out of town, which will likely benefit both clubs, bolstering Philadelphia's already impressive receiving corps with this April fools joke.

McNabb, who has already expressed his displeasure for Oakland, will be following the route of Richard Seymore, and will be playing in the Black Hole next year.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

extralife
04-01-2010, 01:13 AM
good show

RonDaChamp24
04-01-2010, 01:14 AM
Knew this was BS right away. Hell of a try though.

extralife
04-01-2010, 01:15 AM
this would be vaguely plausible if Nnamdi's contract wasn't so huge.

Ratboy
04-01-2010, 01:40 AM
Jeez, if I didn't know what date it was I would have believed this.. NOT.

watermock
04-01-2010, 01:47 AM
How amusing.

baja
04-01-2010, 02:32 AM
Is it after midnight already?

OBF1
04-01-2010, 02:37 AM
Epic Fail

ZONA
04-01-2010, 02:42 AM
It has to be somewhat believable for us to be fooled. McNabb has a no trade and I doubt he would be willing to go to Oaktown. Philly already has their #1 WR and we have some solid corners already. I never believed this on any of the 3 scenarios.

baja
04-01-2010, 02:45 AM
Try one where Cutler is coming back

16slayer24
04-01-2010, 02:56 AM
cutler isnt a good QB

16slayer24
04-01-2010, 02:59 AM
cutler sucks bad

Killericon
04-01-2010, 03:00 AM
Youtube is doing April Fool's right. You are not.

FADERPROOF
04-01-2010, 03:37 AM
Didnt even think about it being april fools day to figure that this was BS.

BMarsh615
04-01-2010, 04:02 AM
Bears, Broncos, And Seahawks Talking Steep Trade That Would Send Brandon Marshall To Chicago

If I told you that this was ever, even slightly, something that crossed my mind once Alex Brown was thrust onto the trading block, I’d be lying. Reports are that Brandon Marshall could be headed to Chicago as part of a budding three-way trade between Chicago, Denver and Seattle.

According to this, Denver would send a second-round pick to Seattle and Brandon Marshall to Chicago, who would ship Alex Brown to Seattle and, get this!, Greg Olsen to Denver. Denver, then, would acquire guard Rob Sims from Seattle.

“The Broncos’ interior guys haven’t panned out as anticipated and they believe Sims would spare them from having to use a first-round pick on a guard. The Seahawks want, at least, a second-round pick in return. The Bears were the third team to enter the conversation, because they’re looking to unload Alex Brown and have also indicated interest in the Broncos’ troubled receiver.”

Contrary to previous reports, the Seahawks have, in fact, been interested in Brown all along. They just were never interested in Brown-for-Sims straight up. They wanted picks. The Bears didn’t have them. But, Denver does. Now, of course, Denver wouldn’t relinquish Brandon Marshall and a second-round pick, mind you, for just Rob Sims. So, enter Greg Olsen.

Olsen was never expected to have a major role in Mike Martz’ offense, but the Bears couldn’t find a trade suitor, so they pacified the situation, brought him to workouts, and said all the right things. Olsen is said to be perfect for Josh McDaniel’s West Coast derivative offense, where he could alternate lining up at tight end and fourth receiver with Tony Scheffler.

I think in the shock of dealing with Brown’s inevitable departure, we probably all forgot about the other stories of free agency. This is amazing if it’s consumated. But, right now…I…I’m speechless.

Proposed Bears-Broncos-Seahawks Three-Team Trade

Bears get: WR Brandon Marshall

Broncos get: G Rob Sims/TE Greg Olsen

Seahawks get: DE Alex Brown/2nd-round pick (from DEN)

http://www.blogdownchicagobears.com/2010/03/31/bears-broncos-and-seahawks-talking-steep-trade-that-would-send-brandon-marshall-to-chicago/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blogdownchicagobears+%28Blog+ Down%2C+Chicago+Bears%29

UberBroncoMan
04-01-2010, 04:24 AM
Bears, Broncos, And Seahawks Talking Steep Trade That Would Send Brandon Marshall To Chicago

If I told you that this was ever, even slightly, something that crossed my mind once Alex Brown was thrust onto the trading block, I’d be lying. Reports are that Brandon Marshall could be headed to Chicago as part of a budding three-way trade between Chicago, Denver and Seattle.

According to this, Denver would send a second-round pick to Seattle and Brandon Marshall to Chicago, who would ship Alex Brown to Seattle and, get this!, Greg Olsen to Denver. Denver, then, would acquire guard Rob Sims from Seattle.

“The Broncos’ interior guys haven’t panned out as anticipated and they believe Sims would spare them from having to use a first-round pick on a guard. The Seahawks want, at least, a second-round pick in return. The Bears were the third team to enter the conversation, because they’re looking to unload Alex Brown and have also indicated interest in the Broncos’ troubled receiver.”

Contrary to previous reports, the Seahawks have, in fact, been interested in Brown all along. They just were never interested in Brown-for-Sims straight up. They wanted picks. The Bears didn’t have them. But, Denver does. Now, of course, Denver wouldn’t relinquish Brandon Marshall and a second-round pick, mind you, for just Rob Sims. So, enter Greg Olsen.

Olsen was never expected to have a major role in Mike Martz’ offense, but the Bears couldn’t find a trade suitor, so they pacified the situation, brought him to workouts, and said all the right things. Olsen is said to be perfect for Josh McDaniel’s West Coast derivative offense, where he could alternate lining up at tight end and fourth receiver with Tony Scheffler.

I think in the shock of dealing with Brown’s inevitable departure, we probably all forgot about the other stories of free agency. This is amazing if it’s consumated. But, right now…I…I’m speechless.

http://www.blogdownchicagobears.com/2010/03/31/bears-broncos-and-seahawks-talking-steep-trade-that-would-send-brandon-marshall-to-chicago/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blogdownchicagobears+%28Blog+ Down%2C+Chicago+Bears%29

Lets get robbed! Another TE and an ok guard to lose a 2nd round pick and a top 5 WR. Silliest **** ever.

extralife
04-01-2010, 04:26 AM
I'm pretty sure I would fire McD myself if that trade were to go down, if you get my drift

UberBroncoMan
04-01-2010, 04:28 AM
I'm pretty sure I would fire McD myself if that trade were to go down, if you get my drift

If you're going to do a joke you have to make it believable.

Last year I said Marshall was traded to the Bears (ironically Cutler was). I got a TON of **** for it though. Many shat their pants.

Largely because I put it up 3 days before April Fools :)!

s0phr0syne
04-01-2010, 06:00 AM
Didn't Bowlen issue the Cutler mandate that he was to be traded on April 01 last year?

mellow mood
04-01-2010, 06:06 AM
i'd be good with picking up sims, i guess
even if it is for a second

that leaves marshall for olsen strait up, and that is crazy talk

slyinky
04-01-2010, 06:14 AM

Sarah, is that you?

ICON
04-01-2010, 07:43 AM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:T342CsQGQHr8CM:http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a286/scooters61/EpicFail.jpg

broncswin
04-01-2010, 07:58 AM
great trade for us...Nnamdi is a beast at his position...I think this means we cut Bailey during TC and Phonz will patrol the other side(NICE)...glad to see we finally got some value for a franchise player...I still think we are gonna somehow pry McNabb from Oakland though...GREAT JOB FO!!

missingnumber7
04-01-2010, 08:01 AM
Is this turning into the collect all the lame april fools threads thread?

cmhargrove
04-01-2010, 08:02 AM
So we will be running a Dime defense on first and second down? Lots of win!

JCMElway
04-01-2010, 08:43 AM
Yawn...April Fool's day.......

Didn't even read any of the responses......

iDENVER
04-01-2010, 08:53 AM
wow dogcow you reeealllly had me going. your just soo clever

gtown
04-01-2010, 09:28 AM
My heart! Shooting pains down my left arm!!

broncswin
04-01-2010, 12:10 PM
ROFL!Bears, Broncos, And Seahawks Talking Steep Trade That Would Send Brandon Marshall To Chicago

Ok who is Loverboy1818 at espn.go.....I know your someone on this board who thought this joke was true, because you posted it all over the espn.com broncos draft conversation and actually had a few guys goingROFL!Ha!

Doggcow
04-01-2010, 03:12 PM
Whats with all the negative kids about April fools day? I don't understand the aggression over a simple joke... Unless I got you!

broncswin
04-01-2010, 05:41 PM
Whats with all the negative kids about April fools day? I don't understand the aggression over a simple joke... Unless I got you!

agree...if you know it is a joke, then don't read it...saves you precious time from having to read it and save others time from having to read the whinning.:wave:

baja
04-01-2010, 05:47 PM
OMG I can't believe we would make that trade. I know we need O line help but WTF..... We just gave Marshall away.

DBroncos4life
04-01-2010, 06:18 PM
OMG I can't believe we would make that trade. I know we need O line help but WTF..... We just gave Marshall away.

I wouldn't say we gave Marshall away at all in this deal. I think it might seriously damage the growth of Al Smith as a player though.

TheReverend
04-01-2010, 06:21 PM
I wouldn't say we gave Marshall away at all in this deal. I think it might seriously damage the growth of Al Smith as a player though.

Unfortunately, at his age I think he's done growing. Which is a shame because he could really use some more height.

Anaximines
04-01-2010, 06:23 PM
ugh, caused me to send a premature SMS to s0phr0syne. I'm an idiot!!

rmsanger
04-01-2010, 06:28 PM
Awesome, I'm going to go call my Uncle who's a Philly fan... He's going to flip!