PDA

View Full Version : Putting aside the name calling what are your 3 best moves by McD and the 3 worse?

baja
03-31-2010, 10:56 AM
A thread for your opinion on Josh McDaniels.

three best moves

three worse moves

Rabb
03-31-2010, 11:00 AM
Best: Dawkins, Bannan, Williams (honorable mention to Goodman also)

Worst: Quinn (the tight end), the entire punting debacle, Simms

Archer81
This should end well.

Three best
1. Making defense a focus
2. Sticking to the team concept
3. Instilling discipline, regardless of game importance

Three worst
1. Week off during the bye
2. trying to create a hybrid run blocking scheme
3. Bubble screen to our all pro LT.

:Broncos:

baja
My three best moves;

Signing Dawkins

After Pat Bowlen insisted Jay be traded Josh made the most of the trade

Bringing a team first attitude to the Broncos and sticking to it.

bpc
03-31-2010, 11:02 AM
Great thread...

Best moves by McDaniels?

1. Mike Nolan
2. Brian Dawkins
3. Moving Doom to OLB

Worst move:

1. Whatever disagreement led to Mike Nolan leaving
2. Trading 1st round pick for A. Smith thus far.
3. Drafting Knowshon 12th overall when better players were on the board and since HB's are probably the easiest position to draft at.

*I'd put Cutler in there but his passing style probably wasn't a fit for the short passing game that McD likes so i'll pass on it for now even though I still feel it was a mistake*

baja
03-31-2010, 11:03 AM
My three worst moves;

Trying to make an O line designed for ZBS to power block.

calling out SD players

Pissing off Blue ( We are all paying for that every day)

crush17
03-31-2010, 11:05 AM
Best: Dawkins / Team Orientation / Switching to 3-4

Worst: ZBS and Power Blocking combo / Drafting a running back in the 1st round / Arrogance throughout last season

GoBroncos84
03-31-2010, 11:06 AM
3 best: Dawkins, hiring Mike Nolan, very solid free agent signings in first year (very excited about year 2)

3 worst: Alphonso trade, inability or unwillingness to diplomatically resolve conflict (Cutler,Marshall, scheffler,Nolan,etc), resting for a week after the bye

Hercules Rockefeller
03-31-2010, 11:07 AM
Best:
Dawkins
Value for Cutler when everyone knew he had to be traded
Andre Goodman
HM: regardless of whether or not B Quinn becomes anything, he gave up jack **** for the guy

Worst:
Future 1st for a current 2nd. Will always hate that trade for the team giving up the future 1st just on principle, too many variables that can come back and bite that team in the ass.

DBroncos4life
03-31-2010, 11:10 AM
3 worst moves
Ill prepared for the 08 draft. Trading picks to get Quinn and Smith.

No real experience at FO. I'm just talking about McD here. There is no way the trade talk about Cutler should have ended the way it did. Too much went to the media too soon. Same goes with the Marshall drama at the end of the season. The press gets way too much info leaked from somewhere.

What ever they did after week 6. Our only wins after week 6 game after players only meetings. Something went wrong and there was no real adjustment too it at all.

3 Best
Coaching staff. He brought together a pretty impressive staff on the fly. They made the transition from 4-3 to 3-4 very well and should only get better from last year.

Brought in a vocal leader in Dawkins. The guy is a beast.

Trying to get more accountability to the team. It seems to be a work in progress but he is doing it.

ELEVATION
03-31-2010, 11:10 AM
Best so far

Brian Dawkins
Andre Goodman
Changing to a PBS instead of ZBS

Worst so far

Lamont Jordan
Trading for Alphonso smith(value wise) i still like the phonz...
Starting Chris simms...lol

Killericon
03-31-2010, 11:12 AM
Worst:

Selecting Richard Quinn

Trading for Alphonso Smith

Not resolving issues with Mike Nolan

Best:

Signing Dawkins

Signing Jamal Williams

Getting a great return for Cutler

baja
03-31-2010, 11:15 AM
I'd just like to say good thread baja ;D

gyldenlove
03-31-2010, 11:18 AM
Best:

3: Jamal Williams, while it is hard to evaluate a player who has yet to take a snap for the team, signing a key defensive cornerstone from a divisional rival and upgrading a weak position has to qualify is a good move.
2: Getting Orton, while I am still not a fan of the Cutler trade and doubt I ever will be or the farce that lead to the trade, I have to say that getting a couple of 1st rounders and a very servicable QB was good.
1: Brian Dawkins, there can be no doubt that Dawkins was key to the defense improving miles last year, the safety position went from being the weakest spot on an all time ****ty defense to being a solid position on a good defense, mostly thanks to weapon-x.

Worst:

3: Benching Marshall publicly, I have no problems with him benching Marshall if he feels it is necesary, but that kind of **** should be handled in house, you don't tell the whole world that you benched your star several days before the most important game of the year.
2: Using a power blocking scheme with zone blocking linemen and coaches, if he really intended to go with a power gap assignment scheme the whole time he should have gotten a line coach who is used to that system and done more to address the offensive line.
1: Trading for Al Smith, while Smith may still turn out okay, the price we paid was too high and not negotiating to ensure that we would only trade the lower of our 1st round picks was a stupid move - it turned out that we traded the lower one but not negotiating that was arrogant and stupid.

mr007
03-31-2010, 11:21 AM
Best:

Even though I didn't like the Cutler trade, great value compensation wise.
BDawk
Overall accomplishments with the D in the first year.

Worst:

Firing the Goodmans and the draft issues (biggest for me was trading this years first when everyone knew it was a deep draft).
Changing the blocking scheme too early.
Honestly, offensive play calling.

underrated29
03-31-2010, 11:27 AM
best-

-knowshon
-dawkins
-fixing the defense and getting a real DC

Worst-

-trading off Jay
-richard quinn trade up
-signing Mitch Berger

Popps
03-31-2010, 11:28 AM
Best:
1. Establishing a entirely new mindset at Broncos central. Like him or not, he's demanding accountability. Club med is over. No more lie detector tests. **** up, and you're sitting down.
2. Moving Jay Cutler. Massive head case that a rebuilding team didn't need. Will Cutler eventually be a winner? Maybe, but there are no signs of it at this point.
3. Revamping the defense and having a better free agent signing period in one year than we had in the past 10, combined.

Worst Moves:
1. Simms. I see what there is to like about him, but it was obvious after the Washington game that he had no business in an NFL uniform. We should have just gone with Brandstater or forced Orton to play on crutches.
2. Not extending Dumervil already. (*In fairness, this is likely not really his decision, but if we're just talking about general moves, this should have been done already.)
3. Eddie Royal production. Again, I'm not sure how much this is McDaniels and how much is Royal struggling in a new system, etc. But, we've got to get better production from him. McD talked glowingly about him and I believe he loves his skills. We actually tried to force the ball to him mid-season and it just wasn't working. We have to find a way to use his skills better next season..

bronco militia
03-31-2010, 11:29 AM
worst:

1. cutler. You make the douche bag play one year before giving him what he wanted. theres no doubt in my mind the broncos can go 8-8 with cutler throwing bubble screens to BM in 2009.

2. the entire 2009 draft. doesn't look good, but it's still early.

3. the handling of BM and collapse against the chiefs. a 'great' 7 days in broncos history. Eat your heart out mike shanahan

good

1. fixing the defense
2. I appreciate his emotion on game days
3. it took awhile, but I think he's sincere when he now talks about the past success of this franchise.

Popps
03-31-2010, 11:29 AM
By the way if anyone is answering these questions by "he shouldn't have drafted so and so"... you're out of your ****ing minds. It's entirely too early to evaluate whether the rookie class is a success or a failure.

If you watch much football, you should realize that a majority of rookies do not have massive impacts in their first season. We won't know if his draft moves were good or bad for at least another season.

Grover
03-31-2010, 11:31 AM
Best:

Dawkins
Going to the 3-4 defense
Practicing in pads, and making practice be as game like as possible.

Worst:
Trading this years First for Alphonso Smith in the second round last year.
The Brett Kern disaster.
Dumping Mike Leach, our long snapper, in favor of Lonnie Paxton. (just for the message it sent to team veterans)

extra added worsts:

all the trades in last year's draft to choose players we probably could have taken without giving up as much as we did.

Russ Hochstein, LeKevin Smith.

man, it's difficult to just stop at five worsts. I can keep em coming.

Rabb
03-31-2010, 11:33 AM
well, I don't mind that we drafted Quinn...I mind that we moved up to get him

Phonzie I have no issue with

bpc
03-31-2010, 11:39 AM
By the way if anyone is answering these questions by "he shouldn't have drafted so and so"... you're out of your ****ing minds. It's entirely too early to evaluate whether the rookie class is a success or a failure.

If you watch much football, you should realize that a majority of rookies do not have massive impacts in their first season. We won't know if his draft moves were good or bad for at least another season.

I don't agree and i'm not out of my mind. I think Knowshon will never touch the value needed to reward the 12th overall pick. The sad part is I like him as a player. I think he works hard... is a team guy. I'm on board with all of that thought.

Feel free to save this post if i'm wrong. I'll happily admit it if true. 12th overall draftpicks should be keystones in the franchise. I see Moreno forced into a part-time platoon role where he's getting 1000-1200 yds at most per year.

We'll see what happens. I'm more positive that A. Smith has a chance to be a more impactful player at this point and we didn't even see him last year. I'll keep my fingers crossed on both.

broncosteven
03-31-2010, 11:54 AM
I think this thread would be easier to answer in a year because the new FA's look good on paper but they haven't played yet.

I think best:
1) Dawkins, and other FA role player/depth pickups
2) Team 1st attitude
3) I couldn't come up with a third good thing, took me a while I am going with Moving to 3-4 even if we didn't have the front 3 to run it they masked the depth issues on the line for the 1st 6 games and Doom blossomed so I will go with that.

Worst:
1) Continuing Dove Valley Drama from Cutler saga to Power move statement at the end of last year benching starters before the KFC game. Just make it stop.
2) not gameplanning to the strenght of the players on the roster, sticking to his system and running power traps on 3rd and 1 with a game on the line and getting stuffed repeatedly.
3) Signing Ty Law in the middle of the season.
Do I have to stop at 3? Because taking the week off during the Bye was bad, getting into it with the SD players no matter who started what, strutting around like he thought he was at a Nuremberg rally after beating a team Denver owns, Moving to Power run game with rag dolls at C and LG, last years draft was suspect, losing to Oak and KFC at home with playoffs on the line.

So far most of his moves have been more stop gap measures than long term strategy's. I would have liked them to get a QB to groom last year rather than rely on the Avg Orton and a guy who hasn't thrown a pass in a couple years. Then the stop gap measure of bringing Nolan in for a year. If Martingale was his guy all along then bring him in year one and get through the growing pain then. If he really wanted Quinn last year he should have got him last year.

This year will make or break mCd. I hope he turns it around an makes it. Sliding out of the playoffs the last 4 years has sucked.

TheReverend
03-31-2010, 11:54 AM
Best:

1. Mike Nolan and the 3-4
2. Assembling the rest of a fantastic defensive coaching staff
3. Signing Brain Dawkins

Worst:

1. Trading Jay Cutler
2. Firing the Goodmans and making the Alphonso Smith and Quinn trades/selections
3. Lackluster offensive coaching staff

DawnBTVS
03-31-2010, 11:55 AM
3 Best
1: Emphasizing special teams and drafting David Bruton (and Darcel McBath). Too many teams and fans tend to forgot that ST coverage is also part of the game.
2: Signing Brian Dawkins and getting general depth in the secondary through FA and the draft. Helped shore up a group to allow focus on the D-Line this season.
3: Sticking with Matt Prater and not bringing in competition. Sometimes it's the moves you don't do that help the most.
HM: Signing Correll Buckhalter. Paid big dividends for a guy most thought was injury prone and marginal at best.

3 Worst
1: Bringing in Lamont Jordan and Chris Simms, neither gave anything production wise.
2: Trying to mix schemes of Zone Blocking with Power Blocking despite injuries along the line.
3: Getting into it with the San Diego player... not necessary at all.

I'm holding off on listing the Alphonso Smith trade/drafting of Richard Quinn as I want to see how they perform this season.

baja
03-31-2010, 11:57 AM

That's why the thread calls for opinions Popps.

SoCalBronco
03-31-2010, 12:00 PM
Best
1. Demonstrating the ability to be very creative and productive with limited and/or green talent at QB and RB.
2. Demonstrating the ability to make generally good FA choices while at the same time ensuring minimal financial risk for the organization (Dawkins, Goodman, Fields etc.)
3. Showing good judgment in building a talented coaching staff in 2009...most notably on the defensive side of the ball (Nolan, Nunnelly, Martindale).

Worst
1. Demonstrating extremely poor crisis management and people skills in hastening Cutler's exit as well as highly questionable judgment in being interested in Cassel over Cutler (I'll label this entire category as "Cutler situation"). I will never forgive the trading of Jay Cutler.
2. Demonstrating a reckless disregard for the value of draft picks (not in terms of draft choices themselves...that's too soon to assess, but in terms of being too eager to trade picks for spare parts and also in lopsided trades for other picks).
3. Not being able to co-exist with Mike Nolan.

titan
03-31-2010, 12:14 PM
Best:
1. Brian Dawkins. I thought "what are they spending money on an old vet for?" Then Dawkins had one of the best seasons I've ever seen from a Broncos safety.

2. Value for Cutler. McDaniels got alot more for Cutler than I expected. And while it looks right now like he didn't cash in on the picks as well as he could have, the haul was impressive.

3. 6-0 start, especially the win in San Diego. Big surprise after the turbulent offseason and training camp. Bought McD more time to implement his plan, even with the disappointing end of the season

Worst:

1. Trading a future #1 choice for a #2. One of the dumbest bronco trades I have ever seen. Even if Alphonso Smith turns out to be a star, I still think it was stupid. With all the changes the team had in the 2009 offseason, with the tough 2009 schedule in front of them, and with the predictions of a much better draft pool in 2010 it was just dumb to trade a future #1. And McD himself said they are "much better prepared" for the 2010 draft - indirectly saying they were UNPREPARED for the 2009 draft.

2. Getting rid of Jay Cutler. Yes maybe Cutler has attitude problems but I sense there is at least some truth from the Cutler camp that all was not handled well on the McDaniels side. I was rooting against Cutler and the Bears the whole season; I must admit when I saw him throw the bomb to beat the Vikings in overtime I thought "sure miss having an arm like that"

3. Signing Chris Simms. Simms was signed before Cutler was traded. Looked good on paper but Simms just didn't have it anymore. Probably cost the team a playoff berth - with a quality backup I say we beat the Redskins and that could have led to a better finish.

jhat01
03-31-2010, 12:14 PM
Best:

1.Switching to the 3-4
2.Signing several quality defensive players that were plugged right in and improved a horrible defense.
3.Getting value for Cutler

Worst:
1. The way the Marshall situation at the end of the year was played out in the media. Should have been in house.
2. Riding Moreno too hard. He's going to be a good back, but it was obvious at times that he was gassed.
3.Whatever the hell happened during the bye week.

Blueflame
03-31-2010, 12:15 PM
My three worst moves;

Trying to make an O line designed for ZBS to power block.

calling out SD players

Pissing off Blue ( We are all paying for that every day)

:rofl:

I agree on the O-line and the juvenile pissing contest with Phillips.

Best?

Dawkins

Can't think of any others offhand

Worst?

LaMont Jordan (he sucks)
Chris Simms (he sucks)
Ty Law (shoulda retired about 3 years ago)
Trading a first rounder for Alfonso Smith
Letting the Goodmans go

WolfpackGuy
03-31-2010, 12:25 PM
Best:
2009 free agent pickups in the secondary (Dawkins, Goodman, Hill)
Bringing in Mike Nolan
Getting two first round picks + Orton for Cutler

Worst:
Entertaining the trade of Cutler
2009 draft (If you're not prepared, trade into 2010 which EVERYONE knew was better.)
Boring and predictable offense

BroncoMan4ever
03-31-2010, 01:15 PM
Best
Dawkins, anyone who doesn't have this signing as number 1 is insane
Moreno, like it or not he did what Mike hadn't done in years, address the RB position with young ELITE talent
Orton, he is going to earn a new deal here or elsewhere with his play in 2010

Worst
Simms, give me a break he is and was terrible
Marshall situation. not upset he is leaving just upset that is was basically guaranteed he was gone the final week of the season
Smith, still like the pick and think it will work out but we gave up too much for him

OBF1
03-31-2010, 01:23 PM
Best: Dumping Cutler, Hillis and the rest of the shannahan flunkies. 2009 free agents, 2010 free agents.

Worst: Keeping Moss, trading our 1st rounder to Seattle, 2009 draft... still scratching my head at some of those reaches.

Cito Pelon
03-31-2010, 01:42 PM
Hard to narrow it down to 3/3. Most of good/bad have already been covered, but I'll add one more.

Got a good, cheap haircut.

bronco militia
03-31-2010, 02:07 PM
Phillips is a scummy piece of trash. I am glad somebody else other than me realized how much of a douche he is.

I agree....to bad the rest of the broncos didn't show up that game

Bronco CB40
03-31-2010, 02:08 PM
McDaniels' best move by far was going right up to Shaun Phillips' face and saying "we own you".

Phillips is a scummy piece of trash. I am glad somebody else other than me realized how much of a douche he is.

Durango
03-31-2010, 03:02 PM
Best:

Defensive priority in free agency: Dawkins, Bannan, Green, Goodman, Williams

Maximizing somewhat limited skills of Kyle Orton

Landing Brady Quinn for peanuts

Worst:

Trading Cutler and the hideous mismanagement of the entire process

Amateurish Draft Moves: Quinn, Smith, even Moreno

Running off Mike Nolan

tsiguy96
03-31-2010, 03:03 PM
Great thread...

Best moves by McDaniels?

1. Mike Nolan
2. Brian Dawkins
3. Moving Doom to OLB

Worst move:

1. Whatever disagreement led to Mike Nolan leaving
2. Trading 1st round pick for A. Smith thus far.
3. Drafting Knowshon 12th overall when better players were on the board and since HB's are probably the easiest position to draft at.

*I'd put Cutler in there but his passing style probably wasn't a fit for the short passing game that McD likes so i'll pass on it for now even though I still feel it was a mistake*

i agree with 4/6 of these, but you cant act like mcdaniels had no input in the defense and mike nolan did all the work. we are still running same scheme from a defense that was built by teh same guy, and now our coordinator has long ties to the ryan family so they will be MORE aggressive this year, as mcdaniels said himself. nolan wasnt the savior some think, though he did start out reallllly good this year.

Dr. Broncenstein
03-31-2010, 03:08 PM
Best:
Aquiring Nolan
Brian Dawkins
Andre Goodman

Worst:
Fallout with Nolan
Cutler Fiasco
Trading a future 1st round pick for a second round pick

broncocalijohn
03-31-2010, 03:14 PM
I will go worst first and that is
1) 2nd round pick on draft day
2) Not giving Hillis the opps to get more touches especially short yardage
3) Bringing in paxton when leach was cheaper and did the job for us for years

Best:
1) 3-4 defense
2) Dawkins
3) young, energetic and excited to be here

Fedaykin
03-31-2010, 03:28 PM
The worsts of his coaching failures boil down to one failing:

Trying to implement *his* ideas without first bringing in personnel capable of those ideas. I have no beef with the guy wanting to do his own thing, but on game day you have to work with what you have, not with what you want to have.

see: Power blocking scheme with a ZBS line. He wnats power blocking? Great, get some power blocking linemen first.

bpc
03-31-2010, 03:29 PM
i agree with 4/6 of these, but you cant act like mcdaniels had no input in the defense and mike nolan did all the work. we are still running same scheme from a defense that was built by teh same guy, and now our coordinator has long ties to the ryan family so they will be MORE aggressive this year, as mcdaniels said himself. nolan wasnt the savior some think, though he did start out reallllly good this year.

Ha ha ha. Okay. Did you watch the previous two Denver defenses?

tsiguy96
03-31-2010, 03:32 PM
Ha ha ha. Okay. Did you watch the previous two Denver defenses?

that were under mike shanahan?

like i said, and you chose to ignore all but part of it, not giving any credit to mcdaniels, who signed a good number of the starters for last year and chose to run an attacking 3-4 D, is ridiculous. but thats expected of you and youre anti-mcdaniels campaign.

LRtagger
03-31-2010, 04:07 PM
Best:
1. Getting amazing value for Cutler and getting good production out of his replacement (Orton)
2. FA aquisitions - Dawkins, Goodman, Gaffney, Williams, Buckhalter, Reid, Bannan, etc
3. Moving to a 3/4

Worst:
1. Drafting a franchise type RB before addressing the interior Oline (even though I think Moreno is a stud)
2. Trading a 1st for Alphonso with such a great 2010 draft class
3. Not getting Eddie more involved

NFLBRONCO
03-31-2010, 04:22 PM
Best

1. FA moves
2. Working on all three phases not just one
3. Going 3-4 moving Doom to OLB

Bad

1. 09 draft wasn't prepared why trade 2010 14th pick for Smith. If your not prepared couldn't you stockpile picks for 2010 instead when you are prepared.
2. BM mess (09 O was dreadful how are we going to get better losing best players)
3. Nolan Release (McD pulled a Shanny here I ripped Shanny for downgrading I should rip Baskin too)

gunns
03-31-2010, 04:25 PM
Best:
Realizing we have a defense and doing something about it
Brian Dawkins
His emotion after beating his former boss

Worst
Trading 1st for Smith
Trading for Quinn
Having a player like Royal and not using him properly (which might turn to good since we've still got him and he can learn the system to be that player that equals Marshall)

Kaylore
03-31-2010, 05:44 PM
It's too early for some of the new signees and even the draft picks. However I'll say.

Best:
1. Defensive overhaul and going back to our defensive roots of a 3-4. WE got more turnovers and played physical.
2. Getting maximum value for Cutler. Had we kept him no one would have wanted to give up two firsts for him.
3. Picking a system and starting to build toward that system. Tough, smart, big and physical players and getting us away from the finesse crap we've had.

Worst.
1. Alphonso Smith trade. I know I just said it's too early to rule one way or another, but he was not worth the 14th pick in the draft. He would be a second round pick this year.
2. Late season fade especially losing at home to the Raiders and Chiefs. I'm still mad about that.
3. The half-assed blocking scheme. Trying to do sort of both was incredibly stupid and led us nowhere offensively.

Broncoman13
03-31-2010, 06:13 PM
Best move and worst move are one and the same. Getting rid of Cutler was his biggest mistake to date. Getting rid of Cutler turned out to be a blessing in disguise.

Second worst, Alphonso Smith trade.

Third, making himself inaccessible to the local media a year ago.

Best Moves:

Brian Dawkins
The way he runs a training camp
opening up to the local media... maybe too little too late though b/c his image is on the same level as Philip Rivers in Denver.

tsiguy96
03-31-2010, 06:31 PM
quinn trade wasnt that bad either btw, we didnt LOSE any picks on him (we gave up 2 3rds for a 2nd and 4th, other pick being on david bruton who has been money on STs).

smith trade will never be good i dont think.

Mogulseeker
03-31-2010, 06:58 PM
Best:
1. Brian Dawkins
2. Getting rid of Cutler
3. The 3/4

Worst:
1. Quinn
2. Trading up for Smith and then signing Ty Law
3. Lamont Jordon in favor of Hillis

Ziggy
03-31-2010, 07:44 PM
Best:
1. Free agency moves.
2. Instilling a team first attitude.
3. Sticking to his vision despite the heavy criticism from the fans and media.

Worst:
1. Being overly aggressive in a draft that he was admittedly unprepared for.
2. Calling out players in the media.
3. Trying to force a PBS without the players on the roster to succeed.

strafen
03-31-2010, 08:09 PM
Worst:
The whole 2009 draft
Nolan leaving
Kyle Orton

Best:
FA signings in 2009 and 2010 so far

HAT
03-31-2010, 08:53 PM
BEST:

FA acquisitions (In general).

Raping CHI in what was essentially a lateral move at QB.

Acquiring a former 1st round QB for a ham sandwich.

WORST:

Bye week break.

SD smack talk.

Next years first for this years second (Even though the jury is still out on AS).

montrose
03-31-2010, 09:07 PM
*Disclaimer: Despite what others think, I believe Xanders played a role in much of this as well.

Best:
1) Changing the culture at Dove Valley and continuting to adhere to his principles despite public pressure.
2) Dealing Jeff George Jr. and getting back very good value.
3) Finding solid FAs that fit the team-first model at a modest price.

Worst:
1) Sending the players home for the bye week - BY A MILE HIS WORST DECISION, IMO!
2) Not making hard/whole-sale changes a year ago. The team was in transition anyhow, should have replaced Turner and Dennison with guys on the staff that coach the scheme he wants to run. Should've made the move to power-blocking a year ago, likely meaning different personnel at that spot.
3) Becoming the face of the organization - should've allowed Xanders to take a more prominent public role to help reduce the spotlight on him. As Alex said, McDaniels is about as popular in Denver and Phillip Rivers.

SoCalBronco
03-31-2010, 09:11 PM
Xanders played a role in much of this as well.

http://anotherbeautifulday.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/pizzas.jpg

montrose
03-31-2010, 09:40 PM
http://anotherbeautifulday.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/pizzas.jpg

12YOG = Championships. Lock it up.

baja
03-31-2010, 09:44 PM
Turkey is tops

http://www.brown-bagging.com/images/healthyRecipes_Turkey.jpg

SoCalBronco
03-31-2010, 10:11 PM
12YOG = Championships. Lock it up.

:wiggle:

Dagmar
03-31-2010, 10:15 PM
BEST:

FA acquisitions (In general).

Raping CHI in what was essentially a lateral move at QB.

Acquiring a former 1st round QB for a ham sandwich.

WORST:

Bye week break.

SD smack talk.

Next years first for this years second (Even though the jury is still out on AS).

I'd agree with this wholeheartedly.

Both No.3s on that last are something I agree with now, in 2 years, who knows.

OCBronco
03-31-2010, 11:17 PM
Best:

1. Shoring up the D-line two years in a row, especially this offseason (and switching to a 3-4)
2. Dawkins and Goodman
3. Emphasis on special teams

Worst:
1. Not finding a role for players like Royal, Scheffler, and, yes, even Hillis. Trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.
2. Taking his foot off the gas at the bye week last year.
3. Talking to the Pats about Cassell and allowing that to leak out. If you open that door, you've gotta make sure you complete the deal. Otherwise, you stay the hell out of such conversations, and make sure that your position is clearly understood (and that you've got an alibi).

OCBronco
03-31-2010, 11:22 PM
Along with the move to the 3-4, moving Doom to outside linebacker was a brilliant move.

extralife
04-01-2010, 12:06 AM
I'll stick to personnel, rather than scheme, philosophy or attitude:

Best:

Gotta be Dawkins, right?
The Dline stuff this off season is probably 2, but we don't exactly know yet
Gaffney on the cheap

Worst:

Cutler. Still maintaining this
Swapping a first for a second, ending up with Alphonso
Parting with Nolan rather than reconciling