PDA

View Full Version : My new mock draft

Elway777
03-30-2010, 11:55 AM
Marshall traded for 14 pick plus 4 rounder
Scheffler traded to cleveland for 3 rounder
Marcus Thomas traded for 5 rounder
the 14 pick traded to Greenbay for 23 pick plus 2 rounder. Greenbay moves up for a offensive tackle.
The Broncos also trade up in 3 round with a their 3 plus next years 3 rounder.

11. Dez Bryant, best receiver in draft
23. Maurkice Pouncey, Best center in draft
2a Linval Joseph , Maybe a reach here but Broncos take him before Pittsburgh as Nose tackle of future plus can play De.He also had good production with 60 tackles, 13 tackles for loss with 3 stacks last year.
2b John Jerry , Denver going to the power running game and Jerry dominated at senior bowl.
3. Arthur Jones, The Broncos get a steal here in Jones which could be the best 5 tech. in draft.A sure first rounder before injury.
3b Andre Roberts, love him as returner plus slot receiver.
4a Roddrick Muckelroy. playmaker for inside linebacker to learn behind Hagan
4b Akwasi Owusu - Ansah, small school corner to develope
5. Arthur Moats,maybe the next James Harrison.
7. Deji Karim, Ran a 3.37 at pro day plus had a good senior season.
Undrafted free agents
Matt Dodge
Adrian Tracy
Micro McSwain
John Conner
Patrick Stoudamire
Alex Parsons
Kevin Haslem
Ryan D'Imperio

ColoradoBuff
03-30-2010, 12:38 PM
great job.....not a Bryant fan though.

Harvitz81
03-30-2010, 01:08 PM
no way we get a 3rd for scheffler let alone a 5th for Thomas. Don't see Seattle forking over a 4th rounder plus the 14th pick for Marshall. Likely wait for a draft day trade.

Ansah won't be there in the 4th, he will be gone in the 2nd.

Bryant isn't deserving of a top 15 selection after his mediocre pro day.

just some thoughts...

cmhargrove
03-30-2010, 01:34 PM
My brain hurts from all the trades...

If we just keep Marshall and have the 11, do you still pick Dez?

Rohirrim
03-30-2010, 01:40 PM
Dez Bryant sucks.
Pouncey sucks.
Joseph, too high, overrated.

That draft would have me slicing myself with razor blades.

cmhargrove
03-30-2010, 01:51 PM
Dez Bryant sucks.
Pouncey sucks.
Joseph, too high, overrated.

That draft would have me slicing myself with razor blades.

What about getting a first round pass catching TE, then an undersized LB in the second, and a 4-3 DT in the third?

Rohirrim
03-30-2010, 01:56 PM
What about getting a first round pass catching TE, then an undersized LB in the second, and a 4-3 DT in the third?

Okay. I'd set myself on fire too. ;D

Elway777
03-30-2010, 05:14 PM
I posted the mock before Bryants pro day and he ran a little slower then expected. I was thinking he would run in the 4.45 range . I still think he is a elite receiver in the Fitzgerald mold . He did post a good verticle of 38 inches plus a broad jump of over 11 feet .He ran about 4.58 but he did slip when running so could be closer to to 4.5. I might keep the 14 pick then draft Dez Bryant and trade the 11 to move down for Pouncey to save a few bucks. If marshall is traded I still like Dez Bryant.

OBF1
03-30-2010, 09:25 PM
Pure and simply hate this mock.

I am also on the no way in hell we get a 3rd for scheff or anything for Thomas bandwagon.

Rohirrim, please pass the razor blade

Elway777
03-30-2010, 10:55 PM
Pure and simply hate this mock.

I am also on the no way in hell we get a 3rd for scheff or anything for Thomas bandwagon.

Rohirrim, please pass the razor blade Start Slashing away.

JCMElway
03-30-2010, 11:07 PM
I read the Bryant pick and kinda stopped reading. There is no way on god's green earth that McDaniels will draft a headcase like Bryant.

Tombstone RJ
04-04-2010, 10:19 AM
After Bryant's pro day work out, I see him sliding out of favor with a lot of teams. I especially think that if the Broncos were "considering" him before his work out, they probably 86'd that idea after his work out.

It looks like Bryant didn't really prepare hard for his work out. That IMHO speaks volumes about the kid's priorities. This was his biggest interview for his professional NFL career and he left many scouts and teams scratching their heads.

No thanks on Bryant. He's a me first kid who just doesn't "get it." He's gonna be one of those players who is completely inconsistent and for every big play he makes on the field, he's gonna have 3 horrible plays to balance it out. He probably won't block because he probably won't care about blocking.

He's got fantastic upside but it's hard to think he'll change his ways for the NFL. If he's not mature enough to take his pro day work out seriously, then he's probably not mature enough to handle a big contract and take the NFL seriously.

Of course, I could be 100% wrong and Bryant could become the next great WR in the NFL but there's still no way I take him at the #11 spot.

Paladin
04-04-2010, 12:19 PM
After Bryant's pro day work out, I see him sliding out of favor with a lot of teams. I especially think that if the Broncos were "considering" him before his work out, they probably 86'd that idea after his work out.

It looks like Bryant didn't really prepare hard for his work out. That IMHO speaks volumes about the kid's priorities. This was his biggest interview for his professional NFL career and he left many scouts and teams scratching their heads.

No thanks on Bryant. He's a me first kid who just doesn't "get it." He's gonna be one of those players who is completely inconsistent and for every big play he makes on the field, he's gonna have 3 horrible plays to balance it out. He probably won't block because he probably won't care about blocking.

He's got fantastic upside but it's hard to think he'll change his ways for the NFL. If he's not mature enough to take his pro day work out seriously, then he's probably not mature enough to handle a big contract and take the NFL seriously.

Of course, I could be 100% wrong and Bryant could become the next great WR in the NFL but there's still no way I take him at the #11 spot.

Damm. Sounds like Marshall.

Do we want a clone?

Elway777
04-04-2010, 02:50 PM
I admit Bryant does seam a little lazy in his preparation and was not in playing shape because of his long lay off. He is still one of the best receiver after the run , plus great at tracking the ball in the air and comming down with the ball. His size and strength make him a nightmare match plus he is the prefect receiver for McDaniels system.

mhgaffney
04-04-2010, 04:12 PM
OK Here's my abbreviated mock and comments.

Round one: If CB Joe Haden falls Denver takes him at #11. Think about it. We could end up with the best secondary in the NFL. Champ could move to FS.

If Haden does not fall, then Denver picks DT Dan Williams or LB Sean Weatherspoon.

If Denver gets #14 for Brandon Marshall then we take LB Weatherspoon or DE Odrick. We come out of the 2010 draft with a vastly improved defense.

Second Round: Denver takes the best available OG.

Third Round: Denver takes the best available C.

Fourth Round: Denver takes the best available RB or WR.

If we get some extra picks from trades -- we could move up/or take a WR and RB in the second or third.

Dedhed
04-04-2010, 04:52 PM
11. Dez Bryant, best receiver in draft
23. Maurkice Pouncey, Best center in draft

Gross

Elway777
04-04-2010, 05:00 PM
Gross Why is it so terrible to get the best receiver and center in draft plus pick up a extra second rounder. Right now if the Broncos trade Marshall the 5 players I like are Byrant, McClain, Weatherspoon, Pauncey and Tate

Tombstone RJ
04-04-2010, 09:50 PM

Round one: If CB Joe Haden falls Denver takes him at #11. Think about it. We could end up with the best secondary in the NFL. Champ could move to FS.

If Haden does not fall, then Denver picks DT Dan Williams or LB Sean Weatherspoon.

If Denver gets #14 for Brandon Marshall then we take LB Weatherspoon or DE Odrick. We come out of the 2010 draft with a vastly improved defense.

If we get some extra picks from trades -- we could move up/or take a WR and RB in the second or third.

I like the way you think.

Dedhed
04-05-2010, 07:09 AM
Why is it so terrible to get the best receiver and center in draft plus pick up a extra second rounder. Right now if the Broncos trade Marshall the 5 players I like are Byrant, McClain, Weatherspoon, Pauncey and Tate

Firstly, those trades are just annoying to try and follow. I hate Mocks that include 12 trades, and those "Best" labels are your opinion only.

Dez is a malcontent/underachiever waiting to happen, and Pouncey is among the most overrated players in the draft.

It would make no sense to trade Marshall and pick up Bryant. Taking a C in the 1st makes me sick altogether. There are 3-4 OL who I would take straight up over Pouncey, and a couple of them could be had in the 2nd round.

Iupati, Tenant, Walton, Ducasse.

nickademus
04-05-2010, 08:04 AM

This is what I would like to see although if we get 14 I think Williams may still be there. when you say best avail. rb/wr I would just pencil in PR instead. and dont forget a late round punter as well.

Triplelefthook
04-05-2010, 10:05 AM

I like this a lot. Rounds 2 and 3 (OG and C) are interchangeable just depending on what talent is available in said round, in my opinion.

eddie mac
04-05-2010, 11:12 AM
You seriously overvalue our players OTB.

Only this morning Klis stated that Seattle may only be prepared to part with pick 60 for Marshall.

Rohirrim
04-05-2010, 11:40 AM
Why is it so terrible to get the best receiver and center in draft plus pick up a extra second rounder. Right now if the Broncos trade Marshall the 5 players I like are Byrant, McClain, Weatherspoon, Pauncey and Tate

Best receiver? This guy had the biggest interview of his life and forgot his shoes! And you suggest using a first round pick on him?

Drek
04-05-2010, 11:53 AM

Only this morning Klis stated that Seattle may only be prepared to part with pick 60 for Marshall.

That would be great, then we keep Marshall for another year and he gets a big reality check about what his value really is.

oubronco
04-05-2010, 12:22 PM

well then **** the seachickens keep him and pay him

ZONA
04-05-2010, 11:06 PM
You blew this draft. Bryant would be a very bad pick at #11 after that pro day and no way in hell you take a Center in the first round, I don't care how good you project them to be.

robbieopperude
04-06-2010, 02:00 AM
Pouncey will likely go between picks 18 and 45
Dez will go in the first round. When he was on the field he was better than Crabtree who went pick 10 the year before. Most talent evaluators stated he is better than Crabtree with more upside. His year off is the biggest downside imo. Almost all top receivers are divas. I think he goes between 11 and 25.

Somebody mentioned something about taking Haden but i can't see us investing back to back first round picks on DB's when we also have two current starters who play at a high level. I would guess if Haden was there we would pass on him.

I would narrow down our selection to D.Williams, Witherspoon, McClain, T.Mays or the Safety from Texas.

robbieopperude
04-06-2010, 02:18 AM
Earl Thomas

uplink
04-07-2010, 02:19 AM
3. Arthur Jones, The Broncos get a steal here in Jones which could be the best 5 tech. in draft.A sure first rounder before injury.

Sounds like a Shanny draft day injury bargain, the skins will take him in the 2nd