PDA

View Full Version : I know this is not a democracy.....

baja
03-30-2010, 10:19 AM
...But do you think MVPlaya should have been banned?

Poll comming...

ak1971
03-30-2010, 10:20 AM
...But do you think MVPlaya should have been banned?

Poll comming...

I need some beans

baja
03-30-2010, 10:21 AM
I need some beans

OK gimme gold

Popps
03-30-2010, 10:24 AM
Again, stop all the nonsense or don't.

You can't allow and encourage one variety, and then pretend another is unacceptable.

strafen
03-30-2010, 10:28 AM

You can't allow and encourage one variety, and then pretend another is unacceptable.Damn right!
That's what I said when I was banned for 2 weeks... :thumbsup:

baja
03-30-2010, 10:30 AM
Damn right!

Thought you had me on ignore.

Archer81
03-30-2010, 10:32 AM
Damn right!

You continually deleted and reposted the same thread. Its spam, asshat.

:Broncos:

strafen
03-30-2010, 10:37 AM
You continually deleted and reposted the same thread. Its spam, asshat.

:Broncos:Why do you think was I doing that, asshat?
Perhaps because you were leading the spam and trolling on my own thread?
Think about it d-bag!

Dagmar
03-30-2010, 10:43 AM
Why do you think was I doing that, asshat?
Think about it d-bag!

I thought about it.

You posted this 7 times in one night.
http://i39.tinypic.com/20psbx5.png

Yet you lectured everyone on here with this.
http://i41.tinypic.com/mbhk43.jpg

Archer81
03-30-2010, 11:00 AM
Why do you think was I doing that, asshat?
Think about it d-bag!

Aww. Lil dragster got owned in his own thread purposely showing up other posters. Grow a set and realize not everyone is going to jump on your jerkoff bandwagon.

Cito Pelon
03-30-2010, 11:04 AM
Reinstate him. MV wasn't doing anything that warrants two weeks. Maybe one day.

strafen
03-30-2010, 11:07 AM
Aww. Lil dragster got owned in his own thread purposely showing up other posters. Grow a set and realize not everyone is going to jump on your jerkoff bandwagon.

:Broncos:Got owned?
What exactly what I was owned at, buttercup?
You were posting ghey stuff and polluting the thread.

broncocalijohn
03-30-2010, 11:07 AM

You can't allow and encourage one variety, and then pretend another is unacceptable.

It has always happened here. I was banned for giving out Hochuli's email address to give him "Thumbs up" and got banned. Kaylore basically did the same thing after me and got a warning with everyone else by TJ. Nothing is fair here and people get banned without warnings first. If you dont think there are favoritism going on, well I think you do know it happens. MVp had to be the guinea pig on this one. You have to believe in common sense also on the bumping. Plain and simple is that he over did it and annoyed many on the site.

Archer81
03-30-2010, 11:11 AM
Got owned?
What exactly what I was owned at, buttercup?
You were posting ghey stuff and polluting the thread.

I'd quote that thread...but someone deleted it.

strafen
03-30-2010, 11:13 AM
It has always happened here. I was banned for giving out Hochuli's email address to give him "Thumbs up" and got banned. Kaylore basically did the same thing after me and got a warning with everyone else by TJ. Nothing is fair here and people get banned without warnings first. If you dont think there are favoritism going on, well I think you do know it happens. MVp had to be the guinea pig on this one. You have to believe in common sense also on the bumping. Plain and simple is that he over did it and annoyed many on the site.Thank you! :thumbsup:
Good post and very well-thought out...
Sometimes people need to think by looking at the whole picture and not why one of their comrades got banned.

Popps
03-30-2010, 11:14 AM

lulz.

Rabb
03-30-2010, 11:16 AM

I tend to agree with you Popps, but I think MVP deserved it...then again i think a lot of people deserve it when their only goal in a thread is to clearly bait and argue

and that isn't restricted to one "side" either, TSI is an example of someone who I tend to agree with on most of his points but he acts like a complete dbag making them (the Omane weekend BS is a prime example) versus broncofan7 and his merry band of b****es who tend to just stir **** up and add no value

the one thing those guys have in common with what MVP did is that they offered nothing of value in what they did (do) and were simply being disruptive, which in turn makes people not enjoy the ride here...that is where I agree with your point 100%

strafen
03-30-2010, 11:22 AM
Quote:Originally Posted by baja http://www.orangemane.com/BB/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2790875#post2790875)
(Quoted from Poops reply)
Yes, you still are on my IL. You're there pretty solid! :thumbsup:

bombay
03-30-2010, 11:35 AM
No problem with MVP making the point that a lot of the Shanahan worship is revisionist history, and things weren't always peaches and cream.

Paladin
03-30-2010, 11:50 AM
This message is hidden because dragster69 is on your ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?do=ignorelist).

Because Jesus would want us to do this..........

strafen
03-30-2010, 11:52 AM
This message is hidden because dragster69 is on your ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?do=ignorelist).

Because Jesus would want us to do this..........I was wondering where you were.
I've started to miss your insightful posts! ;)

broncosteven
03-30-2010, 12:03 PM
I tend to agree with you Popps, but I think MVP deserved it...then again i think a lot of people deserve it when their only goal in a thread is to clearly bait and argue

and that isn't restricted to one "side" either, TSI is an example of someone who I tend to agree with on most of his points but he acts like a complete dbag making them (the Omane weekend BS is a prime example) versus broncofan7 and his merry band of b****es who tend to just stir **** up and add no value

the one thing those guys have in common with what MVP did is that they offered nothing of value in what they did (do) and were simply being disruptive, which in turn makes people not enjoy the ride here...that is where I agree with your point 100%

Well said. I thought he went a little overboard.

baja
03-30-2010, 12:09 PM
Quote:Originally Posted by baja http://www.orangemane.com/BB/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2790875#post2790875)
(Quoted from Poops reply)
Yes, you still are on my IL. You're there pretty solid! :thumbsup:

PLEASE, please take me off ignore I can't bare the thought of you not reading my posts

PS - someone please quote me here.

Lev Vyvanse
03-30-2010, 12:11 PM
PLEASE, please take me off ignore I can't bare the thought of you not reading my posts

Archer81
03-30-2010, 12:11 PM

I did not find MVP Playa all that annoying. Its a matter of consistency. If douchebag69 gets banned for a week because of spam, then consistency dictates the same happen when other posters do the same thing. Otherwise I found what he posted funny.

Also made me realize I am happy bobo doesnt post as often as he used to.

Dagmar
03-30-2010, 12:12 PM

I would help, but he ignores me because I upset him so much Ha!

ant1999e
03-30-2010, 12:28 PM

Because I dislike dragqueen far more than baja.

strafen
03-30-2010, 12:39 PM
Because I dislike dragqueen far more than baja.

Oh, it is the sexual perverted from Nebraska.
I think I've got them all now; paladin, baja, ant1999e, tailgaynut, ...am I missing anybody?
Oh, yes, DenverPrick, I mean DenverBrit. Who else?
Please make my day! :wave:

TonyR
03-30-2010, 01:02 PM
No reason to ban him. If the bumps annoy you don't read them. Unless there's a board rule against bumping old threads his ban should be short.

Cool Breeze
03-30-2010, 01:03 PM
The sheer volume of old posts was annoying as hell.
But 2 weeks?

Great13
03-30-2010, 01:40 PM
Wow.. close vote. I wonder what would happen if all who opposed bumped one thread each in protest.......

:stirstir:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/a1Y73sPHKxw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a1Y73sPHKxw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Cito Pelon
03-30-2010, 02:01 PM
It has always happened here. I was banned for giving out Hochuli's email address to give him "Thumbs up" and got banned. Kaylore basically did the same thing after me and got a warning with everyone else by TJ. Nothing is fair here and people get banned without warnings first. If you dont think there are favoritism going on, well I think you do know it happens. MVp had to be the guinea pig on this one. You have to believe in common sense also on the bumping. Plain and simple is that he over did it and annoyed many on the site.

Some people get annoyed way too easy, can't take care of their own business and go crying to the mods. The mods get overworked by the crybabies, seems to me.

Rohirrim
03-30-2010, 02:02 PM
I smell cake.

broncocalijohn
03-30-2010, 02:06 PM
Some people get annoyed way too easy, can't take care of their own business and go crying to the mods. The mods get overworked by the crybabies, seems to me.

I wasnt here for the bump issue until later in the night but seems Mods werent getting any PMs on it or didnt care themselves until SoCal came along. As i posted, it is sometimes a random hit on the ban and the Mods assume you know all the rules or use common sense. I didnt vote but it seems 2 weeks is the minimum around here. Bans do bring good as I havent seen Lex in a long time. Also, the dude that gave me a death threat (dude down by the River Circuvisfhsdwhatever) left us. Two positives came from it.

bpc
03-30-2010, 03:16 PM
Sure, bust out the ban-hammer on him.

broncosteven
03-30-2010, 03:24 PM
No reason to ban him. If the bumps annoy you don't read them. Unless there's a board rule against bumping old threads his ban should be short.

Bumping should not result in replacing current threads falling off the front page.

Selective bumping would have served his purpose better without bringing out the ban hammer.

TonyR
03-30-2010, 06:17 PM
Bumping should not result in replacing current threads falling off the front page.

Selective bumping would have served his purpose better without bringing out the ban hammer.

I agree he overdid it, but I think a warning would have been sufficient. Maybe he did get warned and kept doing it? There are quite a few people who post regularly who annoy me, and I'm sure many others based on comments and observations, far more than those bumped threads.

TonyR
03-30-2010, 06:19 PM
Bans do bring good as I havent seen Lex in a long time.

If that's not a great case for bans then I don't know what is!

Archer81
03-30-2010, 06:20 PM
Whatever happened to Lex?

Br0nc0Buster
03-30-2010, 06:27 PM

I believe he is posting under the alias of dragster

Archer81
03-30-2010, 06:28 PM

That explains so much...

Dagmar
03-30-2010, 06:28 PM

Ripped into Popps kids, banned for a month, never returned.

strafen
03-30-2010, 08:19 PM

Haha!!
What would some of you do without me, huh? :rofl::thumbsup:
I just feel the love in the air.
I'm glad I've had an impact on your internet life. :wiggle:

The funny thing is that I've gotten a lot of negative reps from Lex.
He hates my guts Ha!

Dagmar
03-30-2010, 08:39 PM
Haha!!
What would some of you do without me, huh? :rofl::thumbsup:
I just feel the love in the air.
I'm glad I've had an impact on your internet life. :wiggle:

The funny thing is that I've gotten a lot of negative reps from Lex.
He hates my guts Ha!

So, from the best posters to the worst, you are hated.

http://i44.tinypic.com/rws7t0.gif

Popps
03-30-2010, 08:41 PM
Wow.. close vote. I wonder what would happen if all who opposed bumped one thread each in protest.......

:stirstir:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/a1Y73sPHKxw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a1Y73sPHKxw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Done.

extralife
03-30-2010, 08:54 PM
As someone that has both been an admin of a large-ish board, and banned from boards, here is some advice:

**** or get off the pot

you either ban people or you don't. there is no in between. and if you ban people (or temp ban people), it has to be for clear reasons. for instance, there can be a general rule around here (and there seems to be) that you can be an idiot, or a troll, or you can say stupid ****, post a hundred times a day--whatever, and that's ok. but if it's good for the goose, it's gotta be good for the gander. it has to apply to everyone. on the other hand, you can say "well, we're going to allow you to be stupid and juvenile and counter-productive, BUT, you cannot do X and Y and Z." Maybe X is "post the same thread over and over" and Y is "bump a bunch of old threads continuously in order to drown out discussion" and Z is "explicitly wish harm upon or threaten other posters." that's also fine, but it still has to hold for everyone, and people need to be aware of it. if people just start disappearing with no explanation, or without rules that can be pointed at, they tend to revert to acting stupid, juvenile and counter-productive: in this case that would mean they start accusing an admin of banning Poster A for liking Josh McDaniels and letting Poster B stay for not liking Josh McDaniels. Things get pretty bad from there. Things especially get bad if the forum follows the original ideal of letting people be idiots and malcontents, in general, without being banned--because if you let people be idiots and malcontents--surprise--you're going to have a lot of people acting like idiots and malcontents. idiots and malcontents will invent controversy and they will assume those in charge are out to get them.

this is not to say you should ban all people that exhibit idiocy or maliciousness. sometimes that is not feasible or desirable. (disclosure: on the forum I admined, I allowed idiots and particularly malcontents to continue posting. I no longer admin this forum. draw your own conclusions)

one thing I would do as admin of this forum: ban anyone that posts a stupid "post not displayed because you have Poster X on ignore" or otherwise picks a fight with someone and then goes LOL U IZ ON IGNORE NEWAY LOL or jumps into a thread where someone they have on ignore is posting solely to point out that, yes, they have that poster on ignore, and, dude, he probably totally posted something stupid. no questions asked, you're gone. you want to ignore a dude, ignore them. don't be a p***Y.

Dagmar
03-30-2010, 08:59 PM
Angry ranttastic!

baja
03-30-2010, 10:37 PM
As someone that has both been an admin of a large-ish board, and banned from boards, here is some advice:

**** or get off the pot

you either ban people or you don't. there is no in between. and if you ban people (or temp ban people), it has to be for clear reasons. for instance, there can be a general rule around here (and there seems to be) that you can be an idiot, or a troll, or you can say stupid ****, post a hundred times a day--whatever, and that's ok. but if it's good for the goose, it's gotta be good for the gander. it has to apply to everyone. on the other hand, you can say "well, we're going to allow you to be stupid and juvenile and counter-productive, BUT, you cannot do X and Y and Z." Maybe X is "post the same thread over and over" and Y is "bump a bunch of old threads continuously in order to drown out discussion" and Z is "explicitly wish harm upon or threaten other posters." that's also fine, but it still has to hold for everyone, and people need to be aware of it. if people just start disappearing with no explanation, or without rules that can be pointed at, they tend to revert to acting stupid, juvenile and counter-productive: in this case that would mean they start accusing an admin of banning Poster A for liking Josh McDaniels and letting Poster B stay for not liking Josh McDaniels. Things get pretty bad from there. Things especially get bad if the forum follows the original ideal of letting people be idiots and malcontents, in general, without being banned--because if you let people be idiots and malcontents--surprise--you're going to have a lot of people acting like idiots and malcontents. idiots and malcontents will invent controversy and they will assume those in charge are out to get them.

this is not to say you should ban all people that exhibit idiocy or maliciousness. sometimes that is not feasible or desirable. (disclosure: on the forum I admined, I allowed idiots and particularly malcontents to continue posting. I no longer admin this forum. draw your own conclusions)

one thing I would do as admin of this forum: ban anyone that posts a stupid "post not displayed because you have Poster X on ignore" or otherwise picks a fight with someone and then goes LOL U IZ ON IGNORE NEWAY LOL or jumps into a thread where someone they have on ignore is posting solely to point out that, yes, they have that poster on ignore, and, dude, he probably totally posted something stupid. no questions asked, you're gone. you want to ignore a dude, ignore them. don't be a p***Y.

Are you German?

Play2win
03-30-2010, 10:45 PM
Funny me, I thought we were still in "Off-Season" mode...

Play2win
03-30-2010, 10:45 PM
really could care less, either way.

extralife
03-30-2010, 11:36 PM
Are you German?

Ich hab ein bischen Deutsch warhend Gymnasium gelernt, mein kleine fraulein. Aber, nein, meine familie ist nicht von Deutschland

baja
03-30-2010, 11:38 PM
Ich hab ein bischen Deutsch warhend Gymnasium gelernt, mein kleine fraulein. Aber, nein, meine familie ist nicht von Deutschland

Translation = I've learned a little German warhend school, my little young lady. But, no, my family is from Germany

I knew it...;D

extralife
03-30-2010, 11:58 PM
du braucht ein umlaut fur "warhend" (und fur, naturlich (und naturlich))

Blueflame
03-31-2010, 12:00 AM
Mais... parlez vous Francais?

baja
03-31-2010, 12:01 AM
du braucht ein umlaut fur "warhend" (und fur, naturlich (und naturlich))

Translation = You need a umlaut for "warhend" (and for, of course (and, of course))

well same to you, kraut bastterd. ;D

baja
03-31-2010, 12:03 AM
Mais... parlez vous Francais?

Je parle un peu français

Blueflame
03-31-2010, 12:04 AM
Je parle un peu français

Un petit peu?

baja
03-31-2010, 12:12 AM
McDaniels est la meilleure chose qui puisse arriver aux Broncos dans beaucoup de lune.

Blueflame
03-31-2010, 12:20 AM
McDaniels est la meilleure chose qui puisse arriver aux Broncos dans beaucoup de lune.

Peut-etre... mais peut-etre pas.

baja
03-31-2010, 12:29 AM
You said maybe so there is hope....

strafen
03-31-2010, 12:29 AM
"Originally Posted by baja"

Vous êtes un imbécile si vous pensez vraiment tha Ha!

BTW, Vous êtes encore sur ma liste des ignorés. Merci de jouer :yep:

baja
03-31-2010, 12:31 AM
Vous êtes un imbécile si vous pensez vraiment tha Ha!

est si votre stop bouton cassé?

Blueflame
03-31-2010, 12:33 AM
You said maybe so there is hope....

I've been wrong before... so I acknowledge freely that the possibility exists. Ha!

baja
03-31-2010, 12:34 AM
Admission is the first step. ;D

BroncoBuff
03-31-2010, 12:35 AM
I say warning, but you can't rescind the ban now, it has to run its course. I like the guy, but I don't know his history.

Blueflame
03-31-2010, 12:36 AM
Admission is the first step. ;D

To college? Hehehe...

Bronco Yoda
Ok peeps... catch me for the last few days. Who did what and what happened.

Maybe a banning section could be made. A place where all punishments and warnings are listed and counter arguments posted. Everyone could see clearly the patterns of what is and is not tolerated and go from there. IMO this kind of transparency would be way more helpful than any set of rules that may or may not be set in stone.

baja
That's because he has never ever been a problem since 1995

baja
03-31-2010, 12:37 AM
To college? Hehehe...

To recovery. ;D

baja
03-31-2010, 12:38 AM
Vote is 26 to 23 for reinstatement

Blueflame
03-31-2010, 12:39 AM
To recovery. ;D

Ah... well one has to be ill before they can recover... ;D

baja
03-31-2010, 12:39 AM
Ok peeps... catch me for the last few days. Who did what and what happened.

Maybe a banning section could be made. A place where all punishments and warnings are listed and counter arguments posted. Everyone could see clearly the patterns of what is and is not tolerated and go from there. IMO this kind of transparency would be way more helpful than any set of rules that may or may not be set in stone.

Silly boy that is what this thread is all about. Read it. ;D

baja
03-31-2010, 12:41 AM
Ah... well one has to be ill before they can recover... ;D

That is exactly why admission is the first step.;D

baja
03-31-2010, 12:42 AM
Funny thing about "Recover" it means to cover up again.

ZONA
03-31-2010, 12:42 AM
The mods need to monitor this much better. Simply send the dude a PM and tell him to give it a rest. Or simply just put a cap (if it's possible) on how many times a person can bump threads older then say a few weeks.

If you're bumping old threads several times a day, a 2 week suspension seems perfectly lagit to me.

Bronco Yoda
03-31-2010, 12:44 AM
Silly boy that is what this thread is all about. Read it. ;D

You know what I'm saying. Don't act dumb here.

Blueflame
03-31-2010, 12:47 AM
You know what I'm saying. Don't act dumb here.

Check rep....

Bronco Yoda
03-31-2010, 12:56 AM
I did, and thanks Blue. You're awesome :)

Dedhed
03-31-2010, 04:42 AM
No problem with MVP making the point that a lot of the Shanahan worship is revisionist history, and things weren't always peaches and cream.

That point could have been made with 1 or 2 well chosen bumps. What he did was pure spam.

TailgateNut
03-31-2010, 06:32 AM
The mods need to monitor this much better. Simply send the dude a PM and tell him to give it a rest. Or simply just put a cap (if it's possible) on how many times a person can bump threads older then say a few weeks.

If you're bumping old threads several times a day, a 2 week suspension seems perfectly lagit to me.

Old Dude was good about handling the situation. Once (and only once :sunshine:) I went overboard with another member and Old Dude sent me a wakeup pm. Much better way to handle the situation than the Drama Queen;) (SoCal) did in this instance.

strafen
03-31-2010, 08:35 AM
That point could have been made with 1 or 2 well chosen bumps. What he did was pure spam.Here. You bumped 17 of those threads on purpose and got away with it!

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?searchid=397059

Rabb
03-31-2010, 08:59 AM
Here. You bumped 17 of those threads on purpose and got away with it!

give it a rest, how about you bringing it up 17 times...is that ban worthy?

strafen
03-31-2010, 09:04 AM
give it a rest, how about you bringing it up 17 times...is that ban worthy?Don't make excuses for other people. When you make excuses, you're creating an argument!

Dagmar
03-31-2010, 09:05 AM

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

LOL

Flex Gunmetal
03-31-2010, 10:35 AM

You such an idiot/failure.

I've been away a while, anyone wanna fill me in on MVP's crimes?

TailgateNut
03-31-2010, 10:42 AM
You such an idiot/failure.

I've been away a while, anyone wanna fill me in on MVP's crimes?

:thanku:

RE: MVP......... he went bonkers with bumping old threads.

Taco John
03-31-2010, 11:11 AM
This is nothing new. We've always banned people for spamming.

Rohirrim
03-31-2010, 11:13 AM
Can posting pics of Richard Nxon be considered spamming?

baja
03-31-2010, 11:14 AM
This is nothing new. We've always banned people for spamming.

Are you aware that most of the bumps came from two other posters that were not banned. The ban was a knee jerk reaction by my friend So Cal. Hey it happens!

DBroncos4life
03-31-2010, 11:47 AM
Are you aware that most of the bumps came from two other posters that were not banned. The ban was a knee jerk reaction by my friend So Cal. Hey it happens!

Who were the two other posters doing the bumpings?

baja
03-31-2010, 12:03 PM
Who were the two other posters doing the bumpings?

I not going to say but it would be easy to look up

DBroncos4life
03-31-2010, 12:19 PM
I not going to say but it would be easy to look up

right

baja
03-31-2010, 12:22 PM
right

Alright I'll PM you.

Lev Vyvanse
03-31-2010, 12:23 PM

Rhymesayers was banned also.

baja
03-31-2010, 12:23 PM
didn't know that

Tombstone RJ
03-31-2010, 12:25 PM
If you haven't been banned at least once, your not really trying...

DBroncos4life
03-31-2010, 12:27 PM
didn't know that

That is why I asked names. Two people got banned for bumping.

Blueflame
03-31-2010, 12:27 PM

Most of the old-thread-bumping that I saw was done by MVPlaya and Rhymes. Both were banned....

Taco John
03-31-2010, 12:32 PM

No, I haven't reviewed the entire situation yet, but it sounds like the instigator got what he had coming to him.

People have this funny idea that we don't do any moderating around here, when we always have and always will. It's true that people get away with a lot more here than on other sites. On some sites, it seems that you're scarcely allowed to disagree before you're sent on your way. Here, we treat people more like adults (as I would put it), but that also comes with the responsibility of self moderation. How hard is it not to spam the board, or make personal attacks on other people's families? How hard is it not to be a complete and utter douchebag in a birthday thread, or a tailgate planning thread?

Look at Popps as a great example of a great poster. That guy and I agree on hardly anything, and he has NEVER had trouble expressing his opinion around this place. Ask him yourself. How is it that he can fully express himself for almost ten years now, and never once even come close to being banned? Am I to believe that it's because of favoritism? How silly. No. It's because he's an adult who instinctively knows where the boundaries are, and doesn't lower himself to cross those boundaries.

baja
03-31-2010, 12:35 PM
No, I haven't reviewed the entire situation yet, but it sounds like the instigator got what he had coming to him.

People have this funny idea that we don't do any moderating around here, when we always have and always will. It's true that people get away with a lot more here than on other sites. On some sites, it seems that you're scarcely allowed to disagree before you're sent on your way. Here, we treat people more like adults (as I would put it), but that also comes with the responsibility of self moderation. How hard is it not to spam the board, or make personal attacks on other people's families? How hard is it not to be a complete and utter douchebag in a birthday thread, or a tailgate planning thread?

Look at Popps as a great example of a great poster. That guy and I agree on hardly anything, and he has NEVER had trouble expressing his opinion around this place. Ask him yourself. How is it that he can fully express himself for almost ten years now, and never once even come close to being banned? Am I to believe that it's because of favoritism? How silly. No. It's because he's an adult who instinctively knows where the boundaries are, and doesn't lower himself to cross those boundaries.

Awe you are just sucking up to popps so he won't own you any more. ;D

baja
03-31-2010, 12:37 PM
I would like to put forth an appeal that MVPlaya get his ban reduced to one week do to years of good behavior. ;D

DBroncos4life
03-31-2010, 12:40 PM
I wonder what the results would look like if dragster was the one banned for thread bumping. All of the sudden I think more people would have been pissed about it then OK with it.

Taco John
03-31-2010, 12:43 PM
I wonder what the results would look like if dragster was the one banned for thread bumping. All of the sudden I think more people would have been pissed about it then OK with it.

He experienced this two weeks ago with scarcely a complaint from anyone.

DBroncos4life
03-31-2010, 12:50 PM

For spamming the board too. It's odd that certain members of the board seem to try and link this to who likes McD and who doesn't when bans get handed out.

baja
03-31-2010, 12:55 PM

Wow I wonder why???

Lev Vyvanse
03-31-2010, 12:59 PM

I would like to issue a complaint that the ban was lifted. You should go ahead and flush that turd.

Blueflame
03-31-2010, 01:00 PM
Wow I wonder why???

It's no doubt because the mods "have it in" for those who don't like McDaniels. Everything has to be about McD.

Dagmar
03-31-2010, 01:00 PM

He didn't bump old threads, he posted the same damned thread 7 times in one night, because he didn't like the responses.

baja
03-31-2010, 01:01 PM
It's no doubt because the mods "have it in" for those who don't like McDaniels. Everything has to be about McD.

Thanks for clearing that up Blue

Dagmar
03-31-2010, 01:01 PM

I've always wanted to ask, who is this McD you all keep talking about...?

Blueflame
03-31-2010, 01:06 PM
I've always wanted to ask, who is this McD you all keep talking about...?

I dunno... I think he's some mythical hero along the lines of "Foneco"....

TailgateNut
03-31-2010, 01:08 PM
Thanks for clearing that up Blue

Snicker!

The MVPlaya
04-12-2010, 08:30 PM
Thanks for the votes!!

baja
04-12-2010, 08:44 PM
Thanks for the votes!!

Welcome back just in time for the draft ;D

Pick Six
04-12-2010, 08:46 PM
Thanks for the votes!!

So...He's back. Nothing to see here, folks! Good night! Tip your waitresses before leaving!:welcome:

The MVPlaya
04-12-2010, 08:48 PM
So...He's back. Nothing to see here, folks! Good night! Tip your waitresses before leaving!:welcome:

We might be able to talk about football now. Even if it's from 5 years ago Hilarious!

The MVPlaya
04-12-2010, 08:49 PM
Welcome back just in time for the draft ;D

:strong: 1 and a half weeks

Bronco Yoda
04-12-2010, 11:10 PM
Can posting pics of Richard Nxon be considered spamming?

No, that's considered some form of retardation. I'm sure that's covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act... so TJ's hands are tied up here. :D

Hogan11
04-12-2010, 11:28 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TgJA7lPkb1o&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TgJA7lPkb1o&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

That extremely watered downed for AM radio sub-Pink Floyd nonsense sucked....it Always did

Arkansas Bronco
04-13-2010, 05:25 AM
Where is the I dont give a **** option? ???