PDA

View Full Version : OT- Fallout: New Vegas

Archer81
03-30-2010, 09:51 AM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/epFupigyIN8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/epFupigyIN8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

:Broncos:

Dukes
03-30-2010, 09:53 AM
When is the release date? I'm finally getting bored of Fallout 3 after two years of playing it.

Archer81
03-30-2010, 09:54 AM
Fall, 2010 it sounds like.

Dukes
03-30-2010, 10:03 AM
Awesome. I just hope it's as in depth and long as fallout 3.

Baba Booey
03-30-2010, 10:26 AM
Love the third one. Hope this one is just as good.

Which DLC's did you guys do?

Rigs11
03-30-2010, 10:39 AM
Sweet! can't wait. I have nearly 100 hours on fallout 3 and still finding stuff to do.

Dukes
03-30-2010, 10:43 AM
Sweet! can't wait. I have nearly 100 hours on fallout 3 and still finding stuff to do.

Yeah, there's so much to do it's rediculous. Anyone found the Gausse rifle yet? Love that thing.

55CrushEm
03-30-2010, 10:43 AM
Love the third one. Hope this one is just as good.

Which DLC's did you guys do?

One of the best game's ever, IMO. So much gameplay for your money.....unlike COD Modern Warfare.

I had bought the original FO3 in November 2008, when it came out.....then bought the Game of the Year Edition for Xmas, cause it has all 5 DLC's.....

55CrushEm
03-30-2010, 10:44 AM
Yeah, there's so much to do it's rediculous. Anyone found the Gausse rifle yet? Love that thing.

Yeah, got the Gauss rifle when doing Operation Anchorage.....that is one sweet gun.

Dukes
03-30-2010, 10:47 AM
IMO the game is nearly perfect, just wish there were more quests to do. Hopefully New Vegas is either simular or better than FO3

Archer81
03-30-2010, 10:53 AM

You know my favorite weapon in the game is the Lincoln Repeater...think its repeater. Its been awhile since I've played, but I loved that rifle.

Pseudofool
03-30-2010, 11:04 AM
New Vegas will be much, much better as far as story telling, dialogue, and quest design than FO3; the tone will be darker and in general the jokes should be better. Obsidian is made up of many members form Black Isle Studios which made the first two Fallout games. I'm looking forward to this. Obsidian also is releasing Alpha Protocol soon. Which is like a spy version of Mass Effect.

Rigs11
03-30-2010, 11:18 AM
i'm actually doing anchorage right now. i like the incinerator.

Aftermath
03-30-2010, 11:28 AM
FO3 was my favorite game of all time, cant wait for this one

orangeatheist
03-30-2010, 01:26 PM
Can hardly wait! I agree that FO3 was one of the best games ever. Loved it. Love sandbox games.

Playing Just Cause 2 now.
Salivating waiting for Red Dead Redemption in May.
And then FO:V this fall.

Also interested in "I'm Alive" whenever it becomes more than vaporware....

DBruleU
03-30-2010, 02:07 PM
Can hardly wait! I agree that FO3 was one of the best games ever. Loved it. Love sandbox games.

Playing Just Cause 2 now.
Salivating waiting for Red Dead Redemption in May.
And then FO:V this fall.

Also interested in "I'm Alive" whenever it becomes more than vaporware....

What do you think of Just Cause 2? Was thinking of picking it up to have something else to play other than The Show.

Currently I'm buying Red Dead (Love Rockstars sandbox games), Splinter Cell, and FO:V in the fall.

Rigs11
03-30-2010, 02:53 PM
What do you think of Just Cause 2? Was thinking of picking it up to have something else to play other than The Show.

Currently I'm buying Red Dead (Love Rockstars sandbox games), Splinter Cell, and FO:V in the fall.

Have you played the Just cause 2 demo? sticking one end of the robotic arm to a human and the othe other to a moving car never gets old. Also the parachute kicks ass.

gyldenlove
03-30-2010, 03:17 PM
I love the Lincoln too, it suits my gamestyle very well. I forget which gun I ended up with in the end, I used to rotate 2 or 3.

I have to say as much as I loved FO3, I still think it was a shame they used the Oblivion engine, the battle system never really worked for me and I thought Oblivion was better. The story in FO3 is unparalleled though.

Archer81
03-30-2010, 03:19 PM
I love the Lincoln too, it suits my gamestyle very well. I forget which gun I ended up with in the end, I used to rotate 2 or 3.

I have to say as much as I loved FO3, I still think it was a shame they used the Oblivion engine, the battle system never really worked for me and I thought Oblivion was better. The story in FO3 is unparalleled though.

Dude when I realized I had to go to the Capitol Building, I planned it for 3 days. I've never done that for a videogame. Battling a Giant Super Mutant in the Capital rotunda was ****ing insane. Or the first time I ran into a Yao Guai...they kicked my ass. Brutal.

Rigs11
03-30-2010, 03:49 PM
Dude when I realized I had to go to the Capitol Building, I planned it for 3 days. I've never done that for a videogame. Battling a Giant Super Mutant in the Capital rotunda was ****ing insane. Or the first time I ran into a Yao Guai...they kicked my ass. Brutal.

I hated those freaking giant albino scorpions.

DBruleU
03-30-2010, 04:11 PM
Have you played the Just cause 2 demo? sticking one end of the robotic arm to a human and the othe other to a moving car never gets old. Also the parachute kicks ass.

Yeah I did actually get the demo last night on Live and thought it was better than I expected. I just dont want it to get old. I love any open world type games, so it seems right up my alley.

orangeatheist
03-30-2010, 05:46 PM

In the full game, strapping 'em to planes as they take off, or elevators in the main city is exponentially better!

DBRULE: Amazing game. Far exceeded my expectations. However, and I'm NOT giving anything away here but I'll "white font" my next words so in the event you'd rather me not give ANYTHING away you can avoid. The core of the game revolves around "Agency" missions (not just the faction missions of in the demo) and there are only seven of them. If playing, it's best (I think) to delay finishing the last two before you explore a LOT more of the game. However, if you DO finish the Agency missions, the game turns to "Mercenary" mode and you just keep running around doing faction missions and generally causing havoc. It just doesn't feel like you're furthering a storyline. Ok...that's it!

gyldenlove
03-30-2010, 05:56 PM

I hate those giant shrimp people you get a lot of early on, they got me so many times because I couldn't hit them through their shell. I found once I got to the Yao Guai and the super mutants and super super mutants I knew how to take them, I use a lot of run and snipe tactics.

Archer81
03-30-2010, 06:18 PM
I hate those giant shrimp people you get a lot of early on, they got me so many times because I couldn't hit them through their shell. I found once I got to the Yao Guai and the super mutants and super super mutants I knew how to take them, I use a lot of run and snipe tactics.

Cant remember the name of the giant things with ram horns and claws that you run into at a camp ground...but I ****ing hate them too. It is awesome when you get the animal lover perk and the yao guai dont attack you anymore...and the radscorpions can lick my sack. I hate them. The crab whatever the f's piss me off. So do the radioactive ghouls. You would think I'd be the worst person in the wasteland...but I had good kharma. Savior of the Wasteland was pretty nice.

Doggcow
03-30-2010, 09:26 PM
I could never get into FO3, I just kept getting bored of killing monsters randomly and running out of ammo.

What am I doing wrong? I'd like to go rent it and appreciate the game if possible.

DBruleU
03-30-2010, 09:45 PM
It's one of those games you'll either like or you won't. you have to like that type of genre in the first place. RPG/Open-sandbox.

What I love about it is just walking around and exploring. The game world is so big you could literally spend over 70 hrs just walking around and not touch any of the missions.

Kaylore
03-30-2010, 09:50 PM
I could never get into FO3, I just kept getting bored of killing monsters randomly and running out of ammo.

What am I doing wrong? I'd like to go rent it and appreciate the game if possible.

You're doing it wrong.

Take the scavanger perks to get more caps and ammo. Don't waste perks on things that are temporary IE Levels or one time boosts to skills. Raise your repair skill and learn to use the VATS targeting in combat.

Early on you can get away with meleeing with a baseball bat. Hoard your ammo during this time and sell everything you find, even if it's just for one cap per item until you aren't broke anymore and can get yourself something decent.

Fallout is a great franchise and the third one is like crack it's so addictive. I wish they wouldn't have canceled the original Fallout 3. It was set to take place in Colorado. Hopefully this Vegas one will perhaps give a shout-out to the Rockies. I would like to see some new villains, though. I'm tired of Super Mutants/Raiders/Enclave.

BMarsh615
03-30-2010, 10:17 PM
I loved Fallout 3 because I am a loot whore. I would spend most of my time exploring and taking as much stuff as I can carry back and sell it and then go back and pick up all the stuff I couldn't carry. Pretty much any game that lets me buy and sell loot I will enjoy.

Baba Booey
03-30-2010, 10:28 PM
Took me a while to get into it too but once you level up a bit and get into the story you can't...stop...playing

Archer81
03-30-2010, 10:30 PM
I loved FO3 simply because oh the character customization. Ive played the game 3 seperate times, each time the characters were wildly different. The scavanger perk is awesome. Caps and ammo are hard to come by, and finding small amounts all over helps. Dont wander too far from Megaton before you get past level five. The animals and raiders will **** you up. Stock up on Radaway and stimpacks whenever you can. When you get your own place, use it for storage. You can quick travel back there nearly at any time and can store weapons/armor/caps there. Bobble heads are also cool to find. If you do things right, you end up with a Robot and a dog sidekick, but only take them on easy missions. They get in the way.

baja
03-30-2010, 11:35 PM
I'm pretty good at Spider.

Dukes
03-31-2010, 07:13 AM
I loved Fallout 3 because I am a loot whore. I would spend most of my time exploring and taking as much stuff as I can carry back and sell it and then go back and pick up all the stuff I couldn't carry. Pretty much any game that lets me buy and sell loot I will enjoy.

I'm the same way. Once I got enough experience I unarmed the atom bomb in megaton and got the apartment it really got easy. You can just put EVERYTHING you get into the soda machine, so you don't have to worry about being overencumbered. I love the buying/selling aspect of the game.

55CrushEm
03-31-2010, 09:49 AM
I'm the same way. Once I got enough experience I unarmed the atom bomb in megaton and got the apartment it really got easy. You can just put EVERYTHING you get into the soda machine, so you don't have to worry about being overencumbered. I love the buying/selling aspect of the game.

You don't have to get any extra experience to unarm the bomb in Megaton.......you can do that right away. How? Take some Mentats, which raise your perception and intelligence, and you are able to do it. So you can get the house right away.

Dukes
03-31-2010, 09:53 AM
You don't have to get any extra experience to unarm the bomb in Megaton.......you can do that right away. How? Take some Mentats, which raise your perception, and you are able to do it. So you can get the house right away.

True, although I didn't find that out until after. Blowing up Megaton is another way, a Tenpenny tower suite is nice too if you want to go the route of bad karma.

55CrushEm
03-31-2010, 09:57 AM
True, although I didn't find that out until after. Blowing up Megaton is another way, a Tenpenny tower suite is nice too if you want to go the route of bad karma.

Yeah....I haven't tried a "bad" character yet. That's next. I'm finishing up all the DLC's for the first time.....then I'll play the evil role. Kill and steal everything possible.

Dukes
03-31-2010, 10:04 AM
Yeah....I haven't tried a "bad" character yet. That's next. I'm finishing up all the DLC's for the first time.....then I'll play the evil role. Kill and steal everything possible.

I did it once, it was fun but not in my nature.

55CrushEm
03-31-2010, 11:10 AM
I did it once, it was fun but not in my nature.

Me neither.....I tried to start a bad character once....but it's actually not easy for me to do. My instinct is to always do the "right" thing.....even though it's just a friggin' game.

Archer81
03-31-2010, 11:13 AM
Me neither.....I tried to start a bad character once....but it's actually not easy for me to do. My instinct is to always do the "right" thing.....even though it's just a friggin' game.

The worst character I had was on the "good" side of neutral. I cant steal things...the whole man/tree mission was a total mind ****.

Dukes
03-31-2010, 11:41 AM

Yeah it's really weird. Even in a game I feel I need to do the right thing.

Pseudofool
03-31-2010, 12:35 PM
One of the neat new features about New Vegas is that in addtion to Karma, there's going to be a reputation system that tracks how much different factions favor you. So you'll have your own moral barometer along with a social/political one. I think that will make playing evil more palatable, because you can gain reputation while doing bad things, so there's a trade off, rather than a total karmic loss.

broncolife
04-03-2010, 06:26 PM
I took a break from fallout 3 for about 7 months. I am going to start up right now. I going to buy some Dlc but I only want to spend for 3 of them. Which ones should I get? I am pretty sure I am going get the one that increases the lvl cap to 30. It pissed me off when I reach lvl 20 and I couldnt improve my character anymore besides books.

broncolife
04-03-2010, 06:33 PM

:) I am a fricken pack rat. I take anything I can, even bent cans and go and store them at my place. I tried dumping all my stuff in my house after an hour later I gave up. It was funny seeing all the crap covering the place. Too bad there isnt more variety of items and more of a use for them. I guess I can always use the junk gun. I would love to see my items I bring back actually improve my place or town.

Doggcow
04-03-2010, 06:42 PM
Does the game get more involved after Megaton? I never made it past there :P

Baba Booey
04-03-2010, 06:46 PM
I took a break from fallout 3 for about 7 months. I am going to start up right now. I going to buy some Dlc but I only want to spend for 3 of them. Which ones should I get? I am pretty sure I am going get the one that increases the lvl cap to 30. It pissed me off when I reach lvl 20 and I couldnt improve my character anymore besides books.

Definitely buy Broken Steel. The Anchorage one is pretty cool and I haven't really played the Pitt or Point Lookout.

Archer81
04-03-2010, 07:22 PM
Does the game get more involved after Megaton? I never made it past there :P

Depends. You can blow it up, cementing your status as a total a hole, or you can disarm it and become a hero to the town...oddly enough, the chick in Megaton that has you do experiments for her becomes a ghoul if you pick option A.

gyldenlove
04-03-2010, 07:26 PM
One of the neat new features about New Vegas is that in addtion to Karma, there's going to be a reputation system that tracks how much different factions favor you. So you'll have your own moral barometer along with a social/political one. I think that will make playing evil more palatable, because you can gain reputation while doing bad things, so there's a trade off, rather than a total karmic loss.

That is pretty cool, I always liked in the old games how you could be a total asshole but some people would still like you.

broncolife
04-05-2010, 03:54 PM
I went and got Broken Steel,Anchorage and the Pitt. But now my game is running like crap and freezing. I didnt even doing any of Dlc yet except maybe lvl up. I even experienced some items missing. :(