PDA

View Full Version : Who has the best Nachos near Highlands Ranch?

Boobs McGee
03-29-2010, 05:55 PM
Really craving some Nachos tonight...I live down south, right about university and C-470.

Anyone have some good suggestions?

Here's what I'm looking for...

LARGE QUANTITY. I don't care if they're fifteen bucks, I want a giant plate of them.

MELTED CHEESE. Preferably on all the chips. I hate to get down to the bottom and have naked tortilla chips roaming around.

LOTS OF TOPPINGS. I like it all, tomatoes, guac, sour cream, some kind of beef or chicken, jalapenos, lots of cheese...

Basically, I want nachos that are huge, covered with lots of delicious stuff, and somewhere in my area.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: I know i know... I can just make my own, BUT right now I'm lazy and want to skip the process tonight

titan
03-29-2010, 06:02 PM
Deweys has good nachos. So does Brewery Bar (Lone Tree)

Cool Breeze
03-29-2010, 06:16 PM
Chili's & On the Border are close.

ak1971
03-29-2010, 06:19 PM
CB & Potts

Boobs McGee
03-29-2010, 06:27 PM
I've been to every one of those places, yet oddly enough, haven't bought nachos at any of them haha.

Chilis is in the parking lot across the street from my house...worth it?

Actually, I've never been to on the border.

titan
03-29-2010, 06:29 PM
Deweys gives you a big plate of nachos - my wife and I split them and there is still leftovers.

Boobs McGee
03-29-2010, 06:30 PM
really! hmmmmm. that might be the one.

OBF1
03-29-2010, 07:00 PM
I have no idea

Carmelo15
03-29-2010, 07:18 PM
On the Border is the worst excuse for Mexican food known to mankind. That place is disgusting! Skip the Gringo joints man. Go to a good spot like Real de Minas or Casa Vallarta (not tonight too far from highlands ranch)

Cito Pelon
03-29-2010, 07:31 PM
Deweys has good nachos. So does Brewery Bar (Lone Tree)

Yah, Dewey's sounds like it would fit you perfectly.

Boobs McGee
03-29-2010, 07:33 PM
LOVE Real de Minas, probly my favorite right now.

So, tried calling Dewey's to put an order in, but they put me on hold for about 5 minutes on two different calls, so I ended up just calling chili's. Tried they're "loaded nachos" 12. Little did I know it actually meant 12 chips covered with toppings hahaha. Tasty? Yes. Worth 10 bucks? abso****inglutely not.

Guess I shoulda payed a little more attention.

Next time, it's Dewey's or CB and potts.

Boobs McGee
03-29-2010, 07:34 PM
Yah, Dewey's sounds like it would fit you perfectly.

I shoulda just gone over there and ordered :(

Dedhed
03-29-2010, 08:27 PM
Bump to get some tool's bumps off the front page

Boobs McGee
03-29-2010, 08:51 PM
I'll bump to that

titan
03-29-2010, 09:05 PM
LOVE Real de Minas, probly my favorite right now.

So, tried calling Dewey's to put an order in, but they put me on hold for about 5 minutes on two different calls, so I ended up just calling chili's. Tried they're "loaded nachos" 12. Little did I know it actually meant 12 chips covered with toppings hahaha. Tasty? Yes. Worth 10 bucks? abso****inglutely not.

Guess I shoulda payed a little more attention.

Next time, it's Dewey's or CB and potts.

My wife is the family nacho expert - she used to love Chilis nachos but said they've changed them in recent years and they aren't as good. And you don't get very many as you found out! The nacho plate at Deweys is huge. Jacksons used to have good nachos too but they closed down the one in the Tech Center (only up north now I think)

Mogulseeker
03-29-2010, 09:20 PM
CB and Potts, just off C-470 and Broadway

Boobs McGee
03-29-2010, 09:41 PM
My wife is the family nacho expert - she used to love Chilis nachos but said they've changed them in recent years and they aren't as good. And you don't get very many as you found out! The nacho plate at Deweys is huge. Jacksons used to have good nachos too but they closed down the one in the Tech Center (only up north now I think)

I just couldn't wait anymore tonight! Next time though, I'm goin to Dewey's for sure.

Second on the list to try, is going to be CB and Potts. Two votes now, from AK and Smurf.

Cito Pelon
03-30-2010, 02:50 PM
On the Border is the worst excuse for Mexican food known to mankind. That place is disgusting! Skip the Gringo joints man. Go to a good spot like Real de Minas or Casa Vallarta (not tonight too far from highlands ranch)

The Armadillo on S. Wadsworth actually has some good Latino food on the menu, the carnitas they do well for a gringo joint. They add the diced serrano peppers in with the pork, pico de gallo on the side, a couple gorditas, perfect.

NYBronco
03-30-2010, 03:08 PM
The Armadillo on S. Wadsworth actually has some good Latino food on the menu, the carnitas they do well for a gringo joint. They add the diced serrano peppers in with the pork, pico de gallo on the side, a couple gorditas, perfect.

I was a bartender at the Armadillo in Longmont for a summer. But that was a long time ago. La Cocina was our favorite mexican restaurant growing up in Longmont. Their sopapillas were the best and even better with honey.

broncocalijohn
03-30-2010, 03:10 PM
surprised no one put a youtube video of Beavis screaming "NACHOS!". I love making nachos. Food thread! Is it allowed to bump the peanut butter (and jelly) thread or was that one of Fireshanahan threads that turned into a tasty foodjack?
BTW: I am crock potting Tortilla soap with my added home made salsa 3 hours after it started. By 6:00, it will be ready!

ak1971
03-30-2010, 03:16 PM
I think I will take the wife to Casa Bonita tonight :)

underrated29
03-30-2010, 03:19 PM
I cant remember exactly, but I seem to remember that Champs has a big ass noachos. There is a champs at Aspen Grove- 470 santa fe.

believe it or not the Family sports center has a really good really badass nacho with some of the best queso EVER on them.mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... But thats like Arapahoe and I25...maybe a little far

titan
03-30-2010, 03:24 PM
I cant remember exactly, but I seem to remember that Champs has a big ass noachos. There is a champs at Aspen Grove- 470 santa fe.

believe it or not the Family sports center has a really good really badass nacho with some of the best queso EVER on them.mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... But thats like Arapahoe and I25...maybe a little far

thumbs down on the Champs nachos from my wife (and I didn't think they were that good either) - they used velveeta cheese. yuck!

will have to try the family sports center nachos

boppool
03-30-2010, 03:28 PM
Have you tried Dirk's at University and Dry Creek? Their portions are good and they also have pretty damn good wings, too.

Cito Pelon
03-30-2010, 03:41 PM
I was a bartender at the Armadillo in Longmont for a summer. But that was a long time ago. La Cocina was our favorite mexican restaurant growing up in Longmont. Their sopapillas were the best and even better with honey.

Sheesh, our relatives come to visit from the East, and the first thing they want to do is go to the Armadillo.

Southern California is the best for mexican food. Those little 24-hr taco shops like Roberto's, Alberto's, you see them make the food, I like that. I'm partial to machaca. Actually going to Mexico is a treat, they enjoy their food there. We used to go to Ensenada a lot in the 80's and 90's. What a treat, good times.

philiptr2
03-30-2010, 03:51 PM
Illegal Pete's? Never had their nachos, but when you add queso to the steak and potato burrito, its awesome!

bfoflcommish
03-30-2010, 03:53 PM
I think I will take the wife to Casa Bonita tonight :)

don't you love her?

oubronco
03-30-2010, 04:04 PM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Nacho's

ak1971
03-30-2010, 04:14 PM
don't you love her?

I'm going to take off my shirt and impress her with my diving skills...then we will drive to Walgreens for an Imodium nightcap

Cito Pelon
03-30-2010, 04:18 PM
surprised no one put a youtube video of Beavis screaming "NACHOS!". I love making nachos. Food thread! Is it allowed to bump the peanut butter (and jelly) thread or was that one of Fireshanahan threads that turned into a tasty foodjack?
BTW: I am crock potting Tortilla soap with my added home made salsa 3 hours after it started. By 6:00, it will be ready!

I sometimes wonder if some of these posters can actually make a meal.

underrated29
03-30-2010, 04:24 PM
thumbs down on the Champs nachos from my wife (and I didn't think they were that good either) - they used velveeta cheese. yuck!

will have to try the family sports center nachos

If you ever find yourself in Westminster, there is a bar called benders. It is inside the Promenade Ice rink, right there next to the dave and busters. I have not had their nachos yet, but I was there for a game last week and had their Green Chili cheese fries- I still crave those things. They were amazing. I can only imagine those ingredients in nachos...

Real Green chili too- not that generic from a can crap.... So good. I also sampled someone who got Irish Nachos- those were a No go.---not the same ingredients either. They were weird.

Dagmar
03-30-2010, 04:34 PM
I'm going to take off my shirt and impress her with my diving skills...then we will drive to Walgreens for an Imodium nightcap

http://losttulsa.com/Casa%20Bonita/Cartman%20-%20Casa%20Bonita.jpg

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Requiem
03-30-2010, 04:36 PM
Now I'm hungry. I should indulge tomorrow. Payday.

Boobs McGee
03-30-2010, 06:51 PM
DELICOUS UPDATE so after last night's semi dissatisfying expiriment , went to dewey's about an hour ago.......HOLY BALLS those are what nachos SHOULD be like everywhere. MASSIVE (to go box was a pizza box haha) , tasty chips ALL covered with cheese, about 7 different toppings AND a conglomeration of grilled chicken\steak resting mightily on top of it all. best nachos i've had in colorado. wow. still have enough for a hearty lunch tomorrow. on top of that, the bartender was cute and sporting a ginormous set of ...white teeth . overall, two thumbs WAAAAY up. thanks again for the suggestion titan.
ak, cb & potts is coming , but i think i've reached maximum nacho capacity for a week or two.

DeusExManning
03-30-2010, 07:52 PM
On the Border

broncosteven
03-30-2010, 08:07 PM

You need to pull out a Guitar and wow your Lady with a chorus of Celito Lindo before you strip and take the plunge.

Also riding the "Pink train" is better after bad mexican food because it coats and sooths. Maybe you should do the Pepto dance instead of the Celito Lindo chorus.

Next time I am in Denver I am going to pop a couple Ambiens before going there so when I get the trots the next day I have no memory how I got them.

Dr.5280
03-30-2010, 10:41 PM
Denver Diner at Colfax and Speer. Ask them to hold the beans and then you get lots of spiced meat. Cheese all over. $7.00 Leave a three dollar tip.

Meck77
03-30-2010, 11:05 PM
www.yelp.com

Best nachos! Any town USA!

strafen
03-30-2010, 11:15 PM
Old Chicago has some good nachos.
I'm not sure if there's one by your area. The Rock Bottom Brewery, which is also owned by the same Old Chicago's ownership, may also serve the same nachos, but I'm not 100% sure...

strafen
03-30-2010, 11:17 PM
DELICOUS UPDATE so after last night's semi dissatisfying expiriment , went to dewey's about an hour ago.......HOLY BALLS those are what nachos SHOULD be like everywhere. MASSIVE (to go box was a pizza box haha) , tasty chips ALL covered with cheese, about 7 different toppings AND a conglomeration of grilled chicken\steak resting mightily on top of it all. best nachos i've had in colorado. wow. still have enough for a hearty lunch tomorrow. on top of that, the bartender was cute and sporting a ginormous set of ...white teeth . overall, two thumbs WAAAAY up. thanks again for the suggestion titan.
ak, cb & potts is coming , but i think i've reached maximum nacho capacity for a week or two.lol!
Now you've got me intrigued. Gotta check them out! ROFL!