PDA

View Full Version : Brandon to the Seahags still has legs

LonghornBronco
03-29-2010, 07:31 AM
http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/03/24/carroll-says-marshall-deal-still-has-potential/

After several weeks of connecting the dots between Brandon Marshall and the Seahawks, more tangible progress has surfaced between the restricted free agent and his potential new team.

Pete Carroll revealed Wednesday at the NFL Annual Meeting that Seahawks general manager John Schneider has had what the coach termed as “very preliminary” talks with the Broncos as well as Marshall’s agent, Kennard McGuire, according to The Denver Post’s Mike Kils. Indeed, that sounds like progress.

Presumably, the Seahawks have discussed with McGuire a possible new contract for Marshall. The next step would be discussing trade compensation with the Broncos, who slapped a first-round tender on Marshall. The Seahawks have two first-round picks, No. 6 and No. 14 overall.

Carroll admitted to NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora that acquiring Marshall is still on the table and cited the three former Broncos assistants on his staff — offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates, receivers coach Jedd Fisch and tight ends coach Pat McPherson — in what sounds like an apparent comfort level with the player.

“Yes, there is some potential there,” Carroll said. “We thought we did our homework on that thing, and we have a lot of insight and background on Brandon because of the coaches who have been with him. We’re just trying to draw all the information we can. We’ll see what happens with that later on.”

barryr
03-29-2010, 07:34 AM
I would take the #14 pick if Seattle wass that dumb since the Broncos could trade down from either the #11 or #14 to a lower 1st with of those picks and get an extra pick or 2 in the mid rounds.

Could take an OL, WR, ILB, maybe another OL with the first few picks. They don't have a 5th or 6th rounder right now, so seems like getting extra picls in the middle rounds would be a good idea, if can do it at least.

no-pseudo-fan
03-29-2010, 07:40 AM
If we trade Brandon to Seattle I would want 14 and their 4th round pick. We would be doing them the favor. Signing him to an offer sheet would cost the 6th pick in the draft.

SoDak Bronco
03-29-2010, 07:42 AM
this isn't a new story, these are comments from last Weds. owners meeting. Argh, I just want this whole process to get over with

eddie mac
03-29-2010, 07:56 AM
old news

BMarsh615
03-29-2010, 07:58 AM
I actually would rather have the 14th pick than the 6th. Denver doesn't need an OT, S, QB, or an OLB and Williams, McClain, Bryant, Odrick, and Iupati should all be there at 11 and probably at 14.

DBroncos4life
03-29-2010, 08:00 AM
I'd rather have Rob Sims or Chris Spencer then a 4th rounder.

baja
03-29-2010, 08:01 AM
If you read something from even a day ago you can bet there is already a thread about it - This is Orange Mane so don't even post it, it's already here count on it....

RhymesayersDU
03-29-2010, 08:21 AM
I like how people post in a thread about it being old, thus sending the old news to the top of the forum for others to read/comment on.

Idiots, the whole lot of you.

(Note- before anybody gets the brilliant idea for calling me out on also posting in this thread, this actually is news to me.)

RonDaChamp24
03-29-2010, 09:16 AM
People value picks too much...

Killericon
03-29-2010, 09:55 AM
Give me Hawthorne or give me death!

baja
03-29-2010, 10:00 AM
I like how people post in a thread about it being old, thus sending the old news to the top of the forum for others to read/comment on.

Idiots, the whole lot of you.

(Note- before anybody gets the brilliant idea for calling me out on also posting in this thread, this actually is news to me.)

Well that makes you a slacker then doesn't it. ;D

LonghornBronco
03-29-2010, 12:27 PM
It's mostly old news except the part about the Denver FO participating in the discussions with Seattle. This is the first I've heard of this and to me indicates amajor departure from their stance up till now.

TheReverend
03-29-2010, 12:37 PM
It's mostly old news except the part about the Denver FO participating in the discussions with Seattle. This is the first I've heard of this and to me indicates amajor departure from their stance up till now.

Yeah! I can't imagine the current Broncos FO being deceptive. :wiggle:

Whatever works. Keep him or get good value.

Dedhed
03-29-2010, 07:36 PM
Bump to get some tool's bumps off the front page.

JCMElway
03-29-2010, 09:23 PM
Bump to clear out old BS

broncswin
03-29-2010, 09:34 PM
What the He11 we are thinking about trading Marshall...I have been to busy posting about how I think Webster starting at MLB should and will bring us another Superbowl baby!!

ZONA
03-29-2010, 11:28 PM
Give us the 6th, or give us the 14th and 4th rounder, or give us nothing at all and BM catches another 100 balls next year.

I can live with any of those 3.

LonghornBronco
03-30-2010, 05:49 AM
give us the 6th, or give us the 14th and 4th rounder, or give us nothing at all and bm catches another 100 balls next year.

+1

oubronco
03-30-2010, 06:25 AM
Pay the Muthafugga

Dedhed
03-30-2010, 06:26 AM
Give us the 6th, or give us the 14th and 4th rounder, or give us nothing at all and BM catches another 100 balls next year.

I agree. I used to be of the mind that he needed to be gone, but now I could take him or leave him. Get really good value for him or bring him back. If he comes back though, he needs to get a new deal. Trying to get anything but headaches out of him if he's playing on his tender will be like milking a bull. Either deal him, or commit to him.

Scheffler on the other hand needs to get bent.

broncswin
03-30-2010, 07:24 AM
I agree. I used to be of the mind that he needed to be gone, but now I could take him or leave him. Get really good value for him or bring him back. If he comes back though, he needs to get a new deal. Trying to get anything but headaches out of him if he's playing on his tender will be like milking a bull. Either deal him, or commit to him.

Scheffler on the other hand needs to get bent.

I agree with this totally...this guy fell outta favor quick with me...at first I wanted Marsh gone..but now I would love to keep him around, or get the most value we can for him and wash our hands of it...but I sure hope we keep him.

LonghornBronco
03-30-2010, 09:43 AM
I was really high on Sheffler until he showed up fat to training camp his sophmore season and proceeded to get injured every other week.