PDA

View Full Version : OT: New MW2 maps

iDENVER
03-28-2010, 05:54 PM
i wanna see if this site really gets me free microsoft points so please help me lol. also click and get your own code and get 5 ppl to click it

http://www.givemepoints.net/?i=15423

tsiguy96
03-28-2010, 05:57 PM
is there actually new maps?

iDENVER
03-28-2010, 05:59 PM
is there actually new maps?

yea for xbox they come out on tuesday. 5 new maps. 2 are from old MW and they are 1600 msp

RhymesayersDU
When do these come out? (I didn't click the link...)

I also heard that one of the maps will be from COD4?

RhymesayersDU
Oh never mind see iDenver posted right as I posted.

tsiguy96
03-28-2010, 06:00 PM
what about ps3?

BABronco
03-28-2010, 06:03 PM
what about ps3?

think that comes out in a month or so

gyldenlove
03-28-2010, 06:07 PM
PS3 and PC gets the maps late, no official date yet. There will be 2 COD4 maps (Overgrown and Crash).

Tankgunner95
03-28-2010, 06:39 PM
We need to get some of our game tags on here so we can play together, tired of playing with all the little kids! Mine is TANK1276, ad me and I would be more then happy to shoot you in the face!

RhymesayersDU
03-28-2010, 07:10 PM
New map preview:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AmUS9GxG78c&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AmUS9GxG78c&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Los Broncos
03-28-2010, 08:58 PM
I downloaded the trailer, I don't like all the rain and snow maps.

GT: KillScream72

ant1999e
03-28-2010, 09:04 PM
I' excited to play some of those old CoD maps.

Doggcow
03-29-2010, 12:41 AM
Bad Company 2 owns MW2. I vendored MW2 ASAP after I realized it was a terrible game. Go spend money on a real game that is good and not a cheese filled re-hash.

Jerry Curl
03-29-2010, 02:04 AM
I love my 'cheese filled re-hash' and the new maps will be nice.

DHallblows
03-29-2010, 02:45 AM
I'm just glad Crash is back. Easily my favorite map from that game

RhymesayersDU
03-29-2010, 06:30 AM

^

Doggcow
03-29-2010, 11:24 AM

They have groomed you into a perfect little robot.

ant1999e
03-29-2010, 11:31 AM
Bad Company 2 owns MW2. I vendored MW2 ASAP after I realized it was a terrible game. Go spend money on a real game that is good and not a cheese filled re-hash.

Bad Company blows.

Doggcow
03-29-2010, 11:33 AM
Bad Company blows.

Because it's hard? Because you can't throw a random knife across the map to get a kill?

MW2 is for all the kids that can't play gears and battlefield because they are too challenging.

ant1999e
03-29-2010, 11:45 AM
Because it's hard? Because you can't throw a random knife across the map to get a kill?

MW2 is for all the kids that can't play gears and battlefield because they are too challenging.

It's not hard or challenging. It's not a smooth playing game. It's an alright game but not as fun as MW2.

Los Broncos
03-29-2010, 11:51 AM
Bad Company blows.

I agree, doesn't play the same.

DHallblows
03-29-2010, 01:28 PM

Halo is for kids who think COD is too challenging and can't handle the idea of actually dieing after one shot.

COD is for gamers and any normal person who plays video games.

Gears and battlefield are for fanboys who like to think they're superior to everyone else. Would you like to rag on the Windows 7 on my computer and tell me how it's worse than the Linux you're running?

ant1999e
03-29-2010, 01:30 PM
Apple is way better than Microsoft!!!

DHallblows
03-29-2010, 01:33 PM
Apple is way better than Microsoft!!!

LOL There it is! ;D

Peyton Hillis!!!1!!!111!

/thread

iDENVER
03-29-2010, 02:48 PM

battlefield blow..accept it

i4jelway7
03-29-2010, 05:24 PM
Halo is for kids who think COD is too challenging and can't handle the idea of actually dieing after one shot.

Gears and battlefield are for fanboys who like to think they're superior to everyone else. Would you like to rag on the Windows 7 on my computer and tell me how it's worse than the Linux you're running?

LOL

couldn't of said it better myself

Doggcow
03-29-2010, 06:23 PM
I agree, doesn't play the same.

This is why people don't like it.

It has a bigger learning curve than MW2, and you can't just run around noob tubing and M16ing and knifing people for 40 kills a game.

I've put many hours into both games, and COD is just another rehash with mediocre graphics, no innovation, and terrible gameplay. It is EASY to jump in and run around knifing people after eating 15 bullets and then returning to full life almost instantly though, so I guess that makes it amazing.

Doggcow
03-29-2010, 06:26 PM

Looks like the legion of fanboys is actually here to downtalk everything other than their pride and joy COD, but good try :rofl:

Btw, aren't you all the ones knob-slobbing an overpriced map-pack that has 3 new maps for $20? lol

Dexter
03-29-2010, 06:57 PM
Fighting about videogames is always funny. People enjoy what they enjoy. If you don't enjoy COD stay out of a thread about new maps. It isn't that hard.

RhymesayersDU
03-29-2010, 08:34 PM

Aren't you the guy who I played with on Madden who'd glitch and exploit things and put Champ Bailey in the slot due to his speed, etc?

If not, I apologize in advance. But I'm pretty sure it was. Which makes you sound so, so unintentionally hilarious. You calling other people bad at video games when you pull all kinds of lame crap on Madden is beyond hilarious, actually.

http://www.nerve.com/CS/blogs/61fps/2009/02/comic-book-guy.gif
"MW2: Worst. Game Ever!!!!111"

iDENVER
03-29-2010, 08:50 PM
Looks like the legion of fanboys is actually here to downtalk everything other than their pride and joy COD, but good try :rofl:

Btw, aren't you all the ones knob-slobbing an overpriced map-pack that has 3 new maps for $20? lol

actually 5:approve:

Doggcow
03-29-2010, 08:53 PM
Aren't you the guy who I played with on Madden who'd glitch and exploit things and put Champ Bailey in the slot due to his speed, etc?

If not, I apologize in advance. But I'm pretty sure it was. Which makes you sound so, so unintentionally hilarious. You calling other people bad at video games when you pull all kinds of lame crap on Madden is beyond hilarious, actually.

http://www.nerve.com/CS/blogs/61fps/2009/02/comic-book-guy.gif
"MW2: Worst. Game Ever!!!!111"

Nope. I play Josh Barrett because I like his big hits and speed and blitzing ability over his awareness... I'd hardly call that glitching or exploiting, I just found he suits my defensive style better.

Doggcow
03-29-2010, 08:57 PM
actually 5:approve:

I stand by what I said, as it is a correct statement.

ant1999e
03-29-2010, 09:12 PM

Is this not a COD thread? Your calling us fanboys?

ant1999e
03-29-2010, 09:13 PM
Fighting about videogames is always funny. People enjoy what they enjoy. If you don't enjoy COD stay out of a thread about new maps. It isn't that hard.

This. Seriously cow, quit being a dick. Nobody here wants to play your gay game. I gave it about three weeks but just became bored. Why not make your own thread.

Los Broncos
03-29-2010, 09:19 PM
This is why people don't like it.

It has a bigger learning curve than MW2, and you can't just run around noob tubing and M16ing and knifing people for 40 kills a game.

I've put many hours into both games, and COD is just another rehash with mediocre graphics, no innovation, and terrible gameplay. It is EASY to jump in and run around knifing people after eating 15 bullets and then returning to full life almost instantly though, so I guess that makes it amazing.

I like a challange and I have played the demo, I guess if I bought it and played it I would get used to it.

I got hooked on COD which will wear off at some point when I rank to 70.

Plus, I have other games to play, I did like how you can drive the vehicles and tho.

ant1999e
03-29-2010, 09:27 PM
The game isn't that bad. It's different. I had fun playing it but MW is alot faster. And who doesn't love getting the C-130 and blowing the hell out of the other team.

DHallblows
03-29-2010, 11:23 PM

Ha! There were zero posts in this thread praising the new maps before you started trolling.

"You know, Linux runs all those servers you guys like to play on!"

Doggcow
03-29-2010, 11:31 PM
Ha! There were zero posts in this thread praising the new maps before you started trolling.

"You know, Linux runs all those servers you guys like to play on!"

I've never run Linux or ever bothered, so I don't really care about your misplaced insults.

UberBroncoMan
03-30-2010, 02:52 AM
PC GAMING

MW2 = superior single player

BC2 = superior multiplayer

i4jelway7
03-30-2010, 04:10 AM
hey what about MAG?

its suppose to be the COD killer... LOL

I'm on my 4th prestige on mw2, 13 days and 18 hrs of playing, I will get the new maps when they come out for the ps3, $15 is a little expensive, but IW knows what they are doing b/c everyone who bought the game will buy the map packs regardless of the price

want2bAbronco2
03-30-2010, 07:58 AM
I love MW2 and BC2, but both are totally different games. My biggest issue with MW2 or "Modded Warefare 2" is all the cheaters.

I was really stoked for the map packets, but then I heard that all the maps have been done since the game came out and are actually on the disc, you just have to pay to unlock them (not sure if thats true or how). If it is, I dont think ill buy them. I dont mind paying for something extra that they had to continue to put money into and work on, but if they finished them 5 months ago on release it should be free.

Dexter
03-30-2010, 11:29 AM
hey what about MAG?

its suppose to be the COD killer... LOL

I'm on my 4th prestige on mw2, 13 days and 18 hrs of playing, I will get the new maps when they come out for the ps3, $15 is a little expensive, but IW knows what they are doing b/c everyone who bought the game will buy the map packs regardless of the price

Nice. I'm 4th prestige as well. Rank 59 so almost 5th. Just out of curiosity and fun if you don't mind what are your current favorite maps?

I'd have to say my top 3 are Skidrow, Wasteland and sub base. What is your KDR too if you don't mind saying. Im at 1.34.

I mainly use the ACR and Scar, but I love my famas and M4A1 too. :)

There is a lot of bull**** sometimes in MW2, but I still enjoy it and most often than not you can counter the noob tubers and campers in this game pretty easily

Hope the new maps are good, and I can't wait for double xp weekend this weekend on xbl.

gyldenlove
03-30-2010, 11:49 AM
Nice. I'm 4th prestige as well. Rank 59 so almost 5th. Just out of curiosity and fun if you don't mind what are your current favorite maps?

I'd have to say my top 3 are Skidrow, Wasteland and sub base. What is your KDR too if you don't mind saying. Im at 1.34.

There is a lot of bull**** sometimes in MW2, but I still enjoy it and most often than not you can counter the noob tubers and campers in this game pretty easily

Hope the new maps are good, and I can't wait for double xp weekend this weekend on xbl.

I am on 1st prestige and I think I will stop when I hit 70, I hate having to get my perks and weapons back. I am about 1.1 KDR and increasing.

My top 3 maps are derail, terminal and favela.
My hate 3 are rundown, rust and underpass.

I mostly use the M4A1 when being aggressive and the Famas when sitting back more, I don't really have a favourite SMG or secondary (I use spas 12, glocks, aa-8, rafficas mostly).

I find that noob tubers are easy to get around, if people are being too obnoxious with the tube you either pull out a thermal scope barrett or akimbo vectors and go to town. If you run too fast they have a hard time hitting you and with thermal sniper you can just sit back and pick them off. For a while I was ending up with quite a few people running hacks, but since prestiging that doesn't seem to be much of a problem anymore, I recently had someone accuse me of hacking which I take to mean I am becoming a better player (I was unlocking the master key for my M4A1 and had toob with danger close and hit a kill right off the spawn on afghan.

Los Broncos
03-30-2010, 12:34 PM
How many MP are the new maps again?

gyldenlove
03-30-2010, 12:39 PM
how many mp are the new maps again?

Los Broncos
03-30-2010, 12:44 PM

Looks like I'll be hooking it up tonight..

gyldenlove
03-30-2010, 12:50 PM
Looks like I'll be hooking it up tonight..

Let me know what you think, I have to wait for the damn PC version.

want2bAbronco2
03-30-2010, 01:32 PM
gyldenlove and dexter, you 2 on xbox? Look me up/shoot me your name. mines I WIN 419 Im 40s on 4th prest. and 1.07kdr. My surrond sound headset broke and my KDR died, should get it fixed this week. I love Favela, Sub, and wastelands. Demolition is fav game type.

NM Gylden....pc huh.

Los Broncos
03-30-2010, 03:23 PM
XBox GT: KillScream72, I'll let ya know I think GL.

iDENVER
03-30-2010, 03:32 PM
I stand by what I said, as it is a correct statement.

how is it correct you said three new maps there are 5. Even if 2 were on the old MW there still new to this game which is MW2.

DBruleU
03-30-2010, 03:39 PM
how is it correct you said three new maps there are 5. Even if 2 were on the old MW there still new to this game which is MW2.

I'd have to say 3 as well. Sure, new to the game, but everyone that's played MW2 had COD4, and those maps are definitely not new. It's the main reason I'm not getting it. Stupid price, and not enough new.

BC2 has me hooked anyway.

i4jelway7
03-30-2010, 03:50 PM

I play mostly free for alls.. you don't level up as fast as the other games but I'm all about the kills... I have 33921 kills and 33809 deaths.. 1.0 KDR. not too bad considering it was .72 when I was playing domination. I just got it up to 1.0 playing free for alls. My favorite map is rust (reminds me of shipment from cod4), i also like terminal, scrapyard, favela, karachi, & afghan, hell I pretty much like em all, quarry and sub base are my least favorites, although I tend to do really well on sub base. I absolutely love the TAR, best gun on the game IMO add the heartbeatsensor and I'm a total cheeser with it... I'm a master III (1000 headshots, & 2500 kills) with the
M4A1 & the TAR and I'm close to veteran III with the AUG.

here are some of my accolades:

x540 Most assault rifle headshots
x379 Juggernaut (fewest deaths)
x376 Sharpshooter (most headshots)
x284 Immortal (Highest kill/death ratio)
x66 MVP (most kills/fewest deaths)
x4 The Show (10 kills/No Deaths)

now wheres my cookie? LOL

Jerry Curl
03-30-2010, 06:05 PM
I like the new maps. Crash was one of my favorites and Overgrown is a decent bring back. Storm is probably my favorite of the new maps, although I like them all but have only played on the stimulus for a few hours.

Oh and the double xp starts today and goes through Sunday.

Tankgunner95
03-30-2010, 08:19 PM
OK, I been playing the new maps, its crazy, Im used to going you know like 20 and 5 or 10-5, always positive, I am sucking at these new maps, and seems like people already know where the camping spots are on these maps! Oh well, I trying to unlock everything for the AK-47.

DHallblows
03-30-2010, 08:40 PM

Absolutely love Skidrow, I got my 36 kill streak on that map. my KDR hovers around a 1.40 usually, trying to get it higher though.
Skidrow, Terminal and Kirachi or whatever it is are all quality. Can't stand Favela or Scrapyard, can't believe anyone can. Always love the cluster**** of Rust when you get it on Deathmatch. I'm sure it's less insane in free for all

gyldenlove
03-30-2010, 09:00 PM
Absolutely love Skidrow, I got my 36 kill streak on that map. my KDR hovers around a 1.40 usually, trying to get it higher though.
Skidrow, Terminal and Kirachi or whatever it is are all quality. Can't stand Favela or Scrapyard, can't believe anyone can. Always love the cluster**** of Rust when you get it on Deathmatch. I'm sure it's less insane in free for all

Rust in FFA is camp wank-a-lot, usually 1 guy in each corner and one on top of the rig and the remaining 3 are fodder.

Scrapyard is decent for TDM but sucks for objective based and FFA.

Boobs McGee
03-30-2010, 09:12 PM
karachi has one of the best mixes of gameplay for me. Lots of close quarter action, but down either side you can do some sharpshooting. I also really like terminal.

Doggcow
03-30-2010, 10:18 PM
I'd have to say 3 as well. Sure, new to the game, but everyone that's played MW2 had COD4, and those maps are definitely not new. It's the main reason I'm not getting it. Stupid price, and not enough new.

BC2 has me hooked anyway.

Yeah, another thing, what is considered new? Because all the maps were included with the original shipped game, and finished BEFORE you paid the first $60 for it, you essentially are paying the 1200 MP for a key that unlocks them in Multiplayer. It's really the sign of a sorry money grab. (much like paying 200MP for a 99 starting player on Madden/NCAA lol)

Doggcow
03-30-2010, 10:21 PM

Favela is the best map in the game... LOL

I called in 4 of my 6 nukes on it (before the novelty of nuking wore off and I worked on KD with just Harriers, Choppers, and Pavelows)

DHallblows
03-31-2010, 12:45 AM
Favela is the best map in the game... LOL

I called in 4 of my 6 nukes on it (before the novelty of nuking wore off and I worked on KD with just Harriers, Choppers, and Pavelows)

:rofl: There it is, we just don't agree on anything

Los Broncos
03-31-2010, 01:03 AM

Wow, that's a pretty good KDR, I'm around 65
I'm just not as quick as some people.

**** it I have fun.

I love the predator missile and Pavlov, it sweet having that thing fly and nail those ****ers.

ELEVATION
03-31-2010, 08:04 AM
meh the new stimulus maps are kinda cool(nothing to special)....its something to keep the game going....i never played the maps from the other games as modern warfare2 is the first game for me in the series...but i had a blast last night with the new maps and different operations becasue they were new and people havent figured all the camping and cheating spots yet so most of last night was all out battling....i dont think i had a single game where i had a better kill death 2 games in a row......most of the guys i played with were in the same boat....

my first 8 games on the new maps went as follows......

1. 16 kills 4 deaths (2 pred missiles and chopper)
2. 18 kills 19 deaths (no kill streak)
3. 25 kills 4 deaths (pred missile, chopper gunner, EMP)
4. 7 kills 26 deaths (nothing)
5. 8 kills 15 deaths (nothing)
6. 10 kills-10 deaths(nothing)
7. 32 kills-8 deaths(pred missile, chop gunner, pred missile, chop gunner)
8. 16 kills- 16 deaths(pred missile(triple kill) chop gunner)

so for me it was fun and new.....dont know how long it will last untill the gay campin and cheating starts on these, but so far so good....

Jerry Curl
03-31-2010, 11:29 AM
Did you write those down or something? If not then props.

ELEVATION
03-31-2010, 11:51 AM
Did you write those down or something? If not then props.

actually yeah, because i wanted to see how different they would be.....i figured it would be better with everyone having to learn the operations and secret spots.....not to many play headquarters pro, capture the flag, sabotage etc....so people kind of have to step up..leaves room for anything to go really...livens it up a bit...

im not very good at all....and i was getting obliterated right before prestige mode and beforre these maps came oout by campers and noob tubers and my KD was like .51...part of this is becasue i refuse to kill someone by lunging 30 yds with a knife....and part is becasue i love domination and get all the points, most games i win total points cpatured....i will have like 2500 points but my kills will be like 12 and my deaths like 20

just wanted to see if i could do better when everyone on these was closer to my page since they were new....tonight i probally will get my ass kicked as everyone probally figured the secrets out last night, but for once it was nice getting more kills that deaths...haha

Flex Gunmetal
03-31-2010, 12:04 PM
Nice. Any word when they'll be out on PC?
LOL@cow coming in calling everyone in a mw2 thread fanboys.
Since I got NBA2k10 last week I haven't been playing mw2 recently. It has gotten a little old, my KD is 1.6 and I'm almost done w/ my 2nd prestige. New maps should get me playing again.

ELEVATION
04-01-2010, 10:45 AM
actually yeah, because i wanted to see how different they would be.....i figured it would be better with everyone having to learn the operations and secret spots.....not to many play headquarters pro, capture the flag, sabotage etc....so people kind of have to step up..leaves room for anything to go really...livens it up a bit...

im not very good at all....and i was getting obliterated right before prestige mode and beforre these maps came oout by campers and noob tubers and my KD was like .51...part of this is becasue i refuse to kill someone by lunging 30 yds with a knife....and part is becasue i love domination and get all the points, most games i win total points cpatured....i will have like 2500 points but my kills will be like 12 and my deaths like 20

just wanted to see if i could do better when everyone on these was closer to my page since they were new....tonight i probally will get my ass kicked as everyone probally figured the secrets out last night, but for once it was nice getting more kills that deaths...haha

i was right the campers and cheaters are already back in buisness.....i wish i had no life!Booya!

Doggcow
04-01-2010, 10:49 AM
i was right the campers and cheaters are already back in buisness.....i wish i had no life!Booya!

That's weird, camping and cheating and cheesing in MW2? Who'da'thunk?

ELEVATION
04-01-2010, 10:51 AM
That's weird, camping and cheating and cheesing in MW2? Who'da'thunk?

lol....yep...it took one day for people to figure out the camping spots....still kinda cool though because alot of people suck at the ops like sabotage...i actually like the ops....

i think the biggest gripe i have is shotgun kills from miles away...lol and knife melee kills from 30 feet away....camping and noob tubers dont piss me off nearly as much as that......

it does suck though when you shoot someone like 14 times and they dont die becasue you dont have a epic dsl....

gyldenlove
04-01-2010, 10:53 AM

So which of the new maps are best and how do they play?

RonDaChamp24
04-01-2010, 10:56 AM
I want to be able to choose what type of game I want to play, not just let the computer randomly decide. I'm really only decent at hardcore team deathmatch because it doesn't take as many bullets to kill. I'm not very good at the Ops missions like capture the flag and stuff. Maybe they'll eventually change it to like they had the last modern warfare (where you could choose whatever gameplay you wanted and it randomized the maps). I hope they do, cuz if not I wasted 1200 MP.

ELEVATION
04-01-2010, 10:57 AM
So which of the new maps are best and how do they play?

i like bailout(new map) and crash from COD 4 the best......

Salvage is cool to....not really a fan of storm though.....

Los Broncos
04-01-2010, 10:59 AM
I played the new maps and got smoked.

I can hold my own on the old ones, it will take some time to use to the new ones.

But I did have a sick game winning kill head shot with the noob tube.

ELEVATION
04-01-2010, 11:00 AM
I want to be able to choose what type of game I want to play, not just let the computer randomly decide. I'm really only decent at hardcore team deathmatch because it doesn't take as many bullets to kill. I'm not very good at the Ops missions like capture the flag and stuff. Maybe they'll eventually change it to like they had the last modern warfare (where you could choose whatever gameplay you wanted and it randomized the maps). I hope they do, cuz if not I wasted 1200 MP.

to each his own i guess...i like it last night i was killing capture the flag.....i had 3 games in a row where i got all 5 flag captures.....i think becasue its all ops and most people just play HCTDM....alot of people just sit around for kills....which sucks, but whatever....because i just put marathon, lightweight and scrambler on and run like hell...you get the XP and points faster, and i was avg a plus 5 KD every game last night...so if i keep it up in a couple months i will have a solid KD ratio for a change....:lol:

ELEVATION
04-01-2010, 11:03 AM
I played the new maps and got smoked.

I can hold my own on the old ones, it will take some time to use to the new ones.

But I did have a sick game winning kill head shot with the noob tube.

i find most people that havent played ops to much are having issues, becasue they are quite different than just HCTDM...are you finding that????

its like while you spend time figuring out the op and what to do and where to go you already got killed.

for me i love ops and play them reg before this map pack, so its not really a chnage for me.....i just run around doing the ops and getting the points while otehrs try and figure out what to do, and where to sit for kills....meanwhile as someone gets there first 2 kills, i already have 2 flag captures....haha

Los Broncos
04-01-2010, 11:09 AM
i find most people that havent played ops to much are having issues, becasue they are quite different than just HCTDM...are you finding that????

its like while you spend time figuring out the op and what to do and where to go you already got killed.

for me i love ops and play them reg before this map pack, so its not really a chnage for me.....i just run around doing the ops and getting the points while otehrs try and figure out what to do, and where to sit for kills....meanwhile as someone gets there first 2 kills, i already have 2 flag captures....haha

Same here pretty much, just need to figure out the map and you'll be back in business.

ELEVATION
04-01-2010, 11:12 AM
Same here pretty much, just need to figure out the map and you'll be back in business.

lol i have...bad perspective from me sorry...i dont like HCTDM, but love ops so i the guy wooping ass right now untill peopel figure out the maps is me...lol

Requiem
04-01-2010, 11:20 AM
I've been grindin' it hard on the old maps. The new ones are just a little more tactical, and I don't like the sort of games they play on them. I've been on my "A" game lately, I was having +10 to +15 K/D ratios continuously the other day. . . and I don't even own the game. Favela is my map, along with the submarine base one. I murk bitches on that. Estate is probably my least favorite map, the house is just a cluster**** of idiocy.

If you use a heartbeat sensor, you are a pussy and do not know how to play the game. That is for homos. Thermal is also pretty gay, but understand on some long maps and if you are sniping why it makes sense.

ELEVATION
04-01-2010, 11:26 AM
I've been grindin' it hard on the old maps. The new ones are just a little more tactical, and I don't like the sort of games they play on them. I've been on my "A" game lately, I was having +10 to +15 K/D ratios continuously the other day. . . and I don't even own the game. Favela is my map, along with the submarine base one. I murk b****es on that. Estate is probably my least favorite map, the house is just a cluster**** of idiocy.

If you use a heartbeat sensor, you are a p***Y and do not know how to play the game. That is for homos. Thermal is also pretty gay, but understand on some long maps and if you are sniping why it makes sense.

i agree fully......and the ops arent for everyone....but for once by KD is getting better because i suck at HCTDM.....every time i play i get killed by dudes with knife melees from 30 feet away constantly......i will have 5 deaths before i get my first kill......had to move to ops so i can get some points and build my XP......lol

plus i dont get that much time being married to a woman who hates video games, and a 3 year old...im luck to get a hour a day if lucky...lol and usually i have to do that when the wife is in bed...haha, my work/sleep schedule has been jacked since this game came out......HAHA

Los Broncos
04-01-2010, 11:26 AM
lol i have...bad perspective from me sorry...i dont like HCTDM, but love ops so i the guy wooping ass right now untill peopel figure out the maps is me...lol

I dont play that much, I do TDM mostly and free for all.

BABronco
04-01-2010, 11:38 AM
lol....yep...it took one day for people to figure out the camping spots....still kinda cool though because alot of people suck at the ops like sabotage...i actually like the ops....

i think the biggest gripe i have is shotgun kills from miles away...lol and knife melee kills from 30 feet away....camping and noob tubers dont piss me off nearly as much as that......

it does suck though when you shoot someone like 14 times and they dont die becasue you dont have a epic dsl....

Most annoying things imo
1. Marathon + lightweight + plus any handgun with attachable knife.
2. Thermal snipers
3. Shot gun kills from forever away.
4. When a whole team camps.
5. Any launcher not used to take down a chopper. (Noob tubing with everything on there)

Requiem
04-01-2010, 11:39 AM
I've probably been playing an hour or two a day for the past couple weeks, and that is my only exposure to the game. I just wish they'd let you get in the hummers and drive around, as well as having some sort of control over other craft. Driving around the maps is what made COD 3 so awesome to me. Still my favorite Call of Duty. I've always been good at FPS, though -- back to the days of running Battlefield 1942 on my old Athlon XP 1600+ :D

ELEVATION
04-01-2010, 11:41 AM
I've probably been playing an hour or two a day for the past couple weeks, and that is my only exposure to the game. I just wish they'd let you get in the hummers and drive around, as well as having some sort of control over other craft. Driving around the maps is what made COD 3 so awesome to me. Still my favorite Call of Duty. I've always been good at FPS, though -- back to the days of running Battlefield 1942 on my old Athlon XP 1600+ :D

lol i have actually never played COD 3 or 4...or even world at war how sad is that??? probally why i suck:~ohyah!:

Requiem
04-01-2010, 11:41 AM
I'm not against noob tubing that much because it actually makes sense on most of the levels to have that as an attachment to your weapon. I usually, if not always, use Bling Pro so I can have red dot and grenades attached. A lot of people are noob tubing, so I'm going to counter them with their own match. Got a double kill, headshot noobtube the other day on Scrapyard just flinging the thing into the air right after spawning. It was awesome.

ELEVATION
04-01-2010, 11:44 AM
I'm not against noob tubing that much because it actually makes sense on most of the levels to have that as an attachment to your weapon. I usually, if not always, use Bling Pro so I can have red dot and grenades attached. A lot of people are noob tubing, so I'm going to counter them with their own match. Got a double kill, headshot noobtube the other day on Scrapyard just flinging the thing into the air right after spawning. It was awesome.

yeah noob tubing doesnt bother me to much....hate campers to but i know the spots so i just sneak around and kill them.....

mostly its the shotgun kills and knife kills from so far away....even thermal scope doesnt bother me unless people have it on scrapyard...then im like WTF??? really????

Requiem
04-01-2010, 11:45 AM
lol i have actually never played COD 3 or 4...or even world at war how sad is that??? probally why i suck:~ohyah!:

If you want my honest opinion learning to play FPS is an art. I've been playing them ever since I was a young kid and had exposure to games like this a lot earlier in life. Things have advanced, but a lot of things stay the same. For me, it isn't always the weapons I use, but how I approach the game. Stealth is key. Can't just run randomly into the middle of the maps. Learn the spawns, the tricks of the maps, and it'll make an average player look really good.

I am a sore loser though. If I start a game and get spawn killed about 3-4 times in a row, I just quit out. It is not worth my time to play against people who just sit in one spot and camp for the whole time. Too frustrating.

I also talk mad **** on the mic, especially to the "brahs" on there who think they are something special. Most aren't expecting to have someone match their wits, but I feel real good when I make people shut up for saying stupid things.

MW2 is a pretty good game, but it's too addictive for me. One of the reasons I sold my XBOX to my friend -- just don't really care for video games that much anymore. They always played a role in my life from a child through my teens, and even early college -- it sort of just has departed.

gyldenlove
04-01-2010, 11:47 AM
Most annoying things imo
2. Thermal snipers
5. Any launcher not used to take down a chopper. (Noob tubing with everything on there)

I can deal with marathon and lightweight, it is commando that ****s it up, you can lunge from like 10 feet away, on maps like scrapyard and skidrow that ****s things up, by the time you see a dude he has his knife deeply embedded in your vocal cords.

I have to admit I have been whoring it up with thermal on wasteland, whenever I see someone sniping with thermal I switch to my sneaky mode class and then it is pretty easy to get behind people and UMP them to the dome.

The prepatch 1887s were a bitch, you would have your **** blown up across the map, hated that.

I hate camping, nothing worse than when a team locks down their spawn on TDM and you have to sit around, the only way I find to combat that is danger close and noob tubing.

I have been killed so many times by direct impacts it is ridiculous, I hate that ****, I have been running it for a little bit to get danger close pro for kill streaks, but that is all.

My 2 big pet pieves are stupid team mates who keep running to the same spot and getting killed over and over (especially that little dugout on wasteland and the house on estate) and when someone decides to hang back and camp and then just stands there without killing people who come up behind you.

Requiem
04-01-2010, 11:47 AM
yeah noob tubing doesnt bother me to much....hate campers to but i know the spots so i just sneak around and kill them.....

mostly its the shotgun kills and knife kills from so far away....even thermal scope doesnt bother me unless people have it on scrapyard...then im like WTF??? really????

There are maps where shotguns are an absolutely wonderful tool, but I agree that getting blasted by one and dying from a ways away really stinks. I hear you on the knifing though. I use the Marathon Pro, I believe, which is no damage falling and extended knifing, and I'm pretty good at it. Yesterday, I was hiding behind a dumpster, and some dude was walking straight passed me and somehow was able to turn the corner and lunge about 15 foot to get me. Blew my mind.

The only time I use thermal/sniper really is on Derail, and I think that map is pretty terrible.

Requiem
04-01-2010, 11:50 AM
Ditto on the Wasteland and Estate concerns. There was this team yesterday who had the house on lockdown, and everyone was going straight towards it from the boathouse and got massacred. I was the only one on my team smart enough to go the long way around, climb up the back of the house and then stun and toss nades into the rooms people were sniping in. Unfortunately, one dude on five or six is virtually impossible, and I would die after getting a couple of them because it's pretty hard to get 'em all -- even if you push it hard.

ELEVATION
04-01-2010, 11:53 AM
There are maps where shotguns are an absolutely wonderful tool, but I agree that getting blasted by one and dying from a ways away really stinks. I hear you on the knifing though. I use the Marathon Pro, I believe, which is no damage falling and extended knifing, and I'm pretty good at it. Yesterday, I was hiding behind a dumpster, and some dude was walking straight passed me and somehow was able to turn the corner and lunge about 15 foot to get me. Blew my mind.

The only time I use thermal/sniper really is on Derail, and I think that map is pretty terrible.

yeah i use shotguns but i use it as a attachment in close quarters....i hate the range basically to unrealistic.....and knifing blows my mind i hope they do without commando entirely in the next game if they cant make it realistic....i certainly cant knife people 15 feet away during the capaign or special ops modes.....

cant stand derail/estate or underpass.....even wasteland which i sued to like kind sucks now.....loving favela...and bailout is legit in the new map pack...
i do like those special ops modes.....i like the me against the masses feel.....

ELEVATION
04-01-2010, 11:56 AM
Ditto on the Wasteland and Estate concerns. There was this team yesterday who had the house on lockdown, and everyone was going straight towards it from the boathouse and got massacred. I was the only one on my team smart enough to go the long way around, climb up the back of the house and then stun and toss nades into the rooms people were sniping in. Unfortunately, one dude on five or six is virtually impossible, and I would die after getting a couple of them because it's pretty hard to get 'em all -- even if you push it hard.

yeah very true......i hate when a whole team just keeps running back and forth...i had one game yesterday on wasteland domination where my team lost 200-80...i had 1500 points and 15 kills and 6 deaths.....my entire 4 teamamates combined for like ten kills and 45 deaths.....lol WTF the whole time they kept running insdie that center bunker and just getting rocked....i just sat outside and picked the guys offi could..... the whole other team just sat indside there....lol

gyldenlove
04-01-2010, 12:06 PM
yeah very true......i hate when a whole team just keeps running back and forth...i had one game yesterday on wasteland domination where my team lost 200-80...i had 1500 points and 15 kills and 6 deaths.....my entire 4 teamamates combined for like ten kills and 45 deaths.....lol WTF the whole time they kept running insdie that center bunker and just getting rocked....i just sat outside and picked the guys offi could..... the whole other team just sat indside there....lol

The one that pissed me off the most was a TDM game I had a few days ago, I went like 32-6 and lost because 2 players on my team went like 2-20, it helps a little when you have dummies draw fire so you can pick off enemies, but if you are that bad then play FFA or just go slow, don't run around like a headless chicken and mess it up for your team.

Doggcow
04-01-2010, 01:15 PM
Most annoying things imo
2. Thermal snipers

And this occurs in 95% of games.

Hense my abhorrence of MW2.

MW2 actually is a decent game if you play MLG rules, as the cheese is cut pretty thin.