PDA

View Full Version : Marshall to San Diego rumor?

Rabb
03-28-2010, 12:14 PM
Now mind you, I read this from an independent blogger and I am fairly leery of it because it would be stupid for us to do, and of course they won't name their "source" when asked but here is what BroncosZone said on Facebook and Twitter

Sources: The Broncos and Chargers may be having trade talks about Brandon Marshall.

Until they pony up a credible source, I call BS. It actually pisses me off a little that someone would do this without some source because people are commenting on it as if it's fact when it seems like irresponsible "reporting" to me and someone trying to stir up traffic.

Anyone else hear anything even remotely close to this?

http://broncoszone.blogspot.com/ is the site, but they said it on Twitter and Facebook

it's one of you isn't it!!

DBroncos4life
03-28-2010, 12:24 PM
The more buzz the better off we are if we do intend on trading him. Also it's not like the Pats were ever scared of making trades with division rivals. The trade would make the Chargers unstoppable though. Marshall and Jackson together? Good luck covering that.

tsiguy96
03-28-2010, 12:26 PM
The more buzz the better off we are if we do intend on trading him. Also it's not like the Pats were ever scared of making trades with division rivals. The trade would make the Chargers unstoppable though. Marshall and Jackson together? Good luck covering that.

marshall, jackson, floyd, and that other tall guy (nane or something). 4 receivers that are like 6'4 or taller.

DBroncos4life
03-28-2010, 12:31 PM
marshall, jackson, floyd, and that other tall guy (nane or something). 4 receivers that are like 6'4 or taller.

Legedu Naanee is only 6-2. Still that would be a pretty sick WR core even without adding Gates into the mix. Rivers would have a heart attack lol.

KipCorrington25
03-28-2010, 12:33 PM
Hey we have Gaffney (he played for New England BTW) so we'll be great!

tsiguy96
03-28-2010, 12:33 PM
Legedu Naanee is only 6-2. Still that would be a pretty sick WR core even without adding Gates into the mix. Rivers would have a heart attack lol.

their smallest receiver would be 6'2. you could put tim couch back there and have a playoff team, just throw it up for grabs.

DBroncos4life
03-28-2010, 12:35 PM
their smallest receiver would be 6'2. you could put tim couch back there and have a playoff team, just throw it up for grabs.

I wouldn't go that far but I would think it would be safe to bet on Rivers breaking a few NFL passing records with that WR core.

Hercules Rockefeller
03-28-2010, 12:39 PM
I call BS. Neither team has any incentive to negotiate a trade. Denver isn't trading within the division for less than a 1st, and SD isn't going to give up more then what Marshall has been tendered at.

Dagmar
03-28-2010, 12:39 PM
Hey we have Gaffney (he played for New England BTW) so we'll be great!

Yawn. Gaffney is talented as a WR. He is no Marshall, but that is a good thing and a bad thing.

SouthStndJunkie
03-28-2010, 12:44 PM

San Diego has a bunch of big jagaloons at WR and TE....and that is a giant key to their success. Those big bastards just go up and snatch the ball away from defenders.

Each one is a mismatch waiting to happen:

Vincent Jackson - 6'5

Antonio Gates - 6'4

Malcom Floyd - 6'5

Legedu Naanee - 6'2....but a big 6'2 at 220 pounds.

cutthemdown
03-28-2010, 12:47 PM
no doubt Marshall could make any already good WR go to another level but you get less out of Marshall in SD then you do say SEA. SD problem isn't scoring points really so I don't see them thinking Marshall and another big wr will put them over top.

If anything they need a big time RB.

Rulon Velvet Jones
03-28-2010, 01:12 PM
I love independent, "in mom's basement" bloggers with "sources". Yeah, right.

broncofan7
03-28-2010, 01:18 PM
http://www.mydailymoment.com/app/quiz/userquiz/takequiz/162?utm_source=DHTMLgoogle&utm_medium=Gullible&utm_term=gullible%20quiz&utm_content=quiz&utm_campaign=MULTI

Rabb
03-28-2010, 01:30 PM

agree totally

I mean, I blog and all..I am not afraid to admit it but I don't ever pull the magical source crap, and I make it clear when something is my opinion

of course when I asked for the source I was told "Can't give it to you right now"

theAPAOps5
03-28-2010, 02:33 PM

Well there are to levels of bloggers. Like Mile High Report and Broncos Talk who go to training camp and who have blogged from the press box. If it was one of them then yes I would take it seriously.

BUT this isn't one of them so I call complete and utter BS

broncos-rock
03-28-2010, 02:41 PM
I guess thats why everyone is still 2nd guessing the 5'9 cb that we drafted.:thumbs:

nickademus
03-28-2010, 02:41 PM
sign him he will break 2k in our system. oh wait

Bronx33
03-28-2010, 02:56 PM
I can't see us sending marshall to a divison rival.

ayjackson
03-28-2010, 03:00 PM
only way we would be talking trade is if players were involved. Jackson and Floyd are both RFA's as well, so perhaps SD wants to upgrade Floyd (2 round tender?). Or perhaps Marshall isn't/wasn't involved at all and the talks are stemming from us approaching Floyd.

400HZ
03-28-2010, 03:03 PM
Ya. Right.

peacepipe
03-28-2010, 03:09 PM
I just wish he would either get traded already or get signed. Granted it's kept the offseason somewhat interesting but enough is enough. sign him, trade him, do something.

Popps
03-28-2010, 03:09 PM
This is probably legit, and they'll probably include Rivers in the deal.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-28-2010, 04:18 PM
Just cause they are tall, doesnt mean they are good. (though floyd and Jackson happen to be.) Jacksonville trotted out a bunch of basketball centers a few years ago and that receiving core was crap

tsiguy96
03-28-2010, 04:21 PM
Just cause they are tall, doesnt mean they are good. (though floyd and Jackson happen to be.) Jacksonville trotted out a bunch of basketball centers a few years ago and that receiving core was crap

yea but these guys are actually good. floyd, jackson, gates, naanee is pretty good too.

bronco militia
03-28-2010, 04:40 PM
if they want to trade VJ, then go for it.

azbroncfan
03-28-2010, 05:00 PM
I can't see us sending marshall to a divison rival.

I thought the same thing except that New England was never against it and it would also tell me Marshall is lockerroom cancer that MCD would love to send to a rival.

Broncojef
03-28-2010, 05:37 PM
I thought the same thing except that New England was never against it and it would also tell me Marshall is lockerroom cancer that MCD would love to send to a rival.

He is one cancer I just wouldn't want to face every year, especially if he had it in for us/McDaniels every time we square off. I'd use the Chargers to boost value but try like hell to not let him end up there.

strafen
03-28-2010, 05:43 PM
Now mind you, I read this from an independent blogger and I am fairly leery of it because it would be stupid for us to do, and of course they won't name their "source" when asked but here is what BroncosZone said on Facebook and Twitter

Until they pony up a credible source, I call BS. It actually pisses me off a little that someone would do this without some source because people are commenting on it as if it's fact when it seems like irresponsible "reporting" to me and someone trying to stir up traffic.

Anyone else hear anything even remotely close to this?

http://broncoszone.blogspot.com/ is the site, but they said it on Twitter and Facebook

it's one of you isn't it!!I don't see Marshall going to an AFC West rival.
Highly doubtful...

ChSuperStar
03-28-2010, 06:18 PM
Probably it will be BM to SD and VJ to denver and the 2nd round pick they got from seattle. I will be fine with that.

Mr.Meanie
03-28-2010, 07:04 PM
San Diego has a bunch of big jagaloons at WR and TE....and that is a giant key to their success. Those big bastards just go up and snatch the ball away from defenders.

Each one is a mismatch waiting to happen:

Vincent Jackson - 6'5

Antonio Gates - 6'4

Malcom Floyd - 6'5

Legedu Naanee - 6'2....but a big 6'2 at 220 pounds.

http://i532.photobucket.com/albums/ee327/capabamma/10.gif

Los Broncos
03-28-2010, 07:35 PM
No way this happens.

Missouribronc
03-28-2010, 07:55 PM
I had a chicken/stuffing casserole with Mediterranean rice for dinner.

Carmelo15
03-28-2010, 08:13 PM
The only way a Marshall to SD deal even REMOTELY makes sense for the Broncos is if it involved Vincent Jackson. Marshall gets paid n leaves Denver where I can't blame him fir feeling unsafe. We get back a #1 WR in return who was born and raised in Colorado. San Diego gets an upgrade at WR. Denver gets back an instant fan favorite. Jackson is a great receiver himself, but he is not at the same elite level of Marshall. So additional compensation through draft picks would be necessary as well. Having said all that, I'd be shocked if a deal like this ever actually went down.

BMarsh615
03-28-2010, 08:46 PM
No way could the Chargers afford another huge contract. They are going to have a tough enough time signing their own guys.

boltaneer
03-29-2010, 12:29 AM
This is one of the stupidest trade rumors I've ever heard.

Hulamau
03-29-2010, 12:32 AM
This is probably legit, and they'll probably include Rivers in the deal.

Rivres plus next years 1st straight up .. go for it :-)

Beantown Bronco
03-29-2010, 06:21 AM
This is one of the stupidest trade rumors I've ever heard.

You must've missed the one that had Marshall being traded for only a 3rd and a 4th rounder.

400HZ
03-29-2010, 06:31 AM
Probably it will be BM to SD and VJ to denver and the 2nd round pick they got from seattle. I will be fine with that.

It sounds like you guys are having a heck of a time getting a 2nd for Marshall alone.

Norv doesn't like possession receivers.

JJJ
03-29-2010, 04:03 PM
No way this will ever happen. First, BM is not an AJ kind of guy. Second, he is too short to play on the Bolts.

Why the hell does Denver want to trade Marshall anyway? The guy is the only grade A playmaker you have. Pay the man.

UberBroncoMan
03-29-2010, 04:27 PM
No way this will ever happen. First, BM is not an AJ kind of guy. Second, he is too short to play on the Bolts.

Why the hell does Denver want to trade Marshall anyway? The guy is the only grade A playmaker you have. Pay the man.

Too short? BM is nearly 6'5 and weighs 235.