PDA

View Full Version : McDaniels, Brady once went three weeks without talking in New England

Pages : 1 [2]

Br0nc0Buster
03-29-2010, 06:20 PM
Wow.

Forget the strawman, you need the "Potty Patch".

purchase a pronoun

watermock
03-29-2010, 06:33 PM
idiot.

Subjective Personal Pronouns
A subjective personal pronoun indicates that the pronoun is acting as the subject of the sentence. The subjective personal pronouns are "I," "you," "she," "he," "it," "we," "you," "they."

Dagmar
03-29-2010, 06:43 PM
Acquire an adverb.

baja
03-29-2010, 06:49 PM
idiot.

Subjective Personal Pronouns
A subjective personal pronoun indicates that the pronoun is acting as the subject of the sentence. The subjective personal pronouns are "I," "you," "she," "he," "it," "we," "you," "they."

You he sheit. watch your mouth.;D

elsid13
03-29-2010, 07:20 PM
Awesome way to reference the blogs there champ. Hell of a good show.

I'm awestruck at how so many people on here are either full on ****ing morons or so attached to their own perceptions of reality that they begin to behave in intellectually dishonest manners even with themselves to help protect that fragile little bubble of belief.

How many of you clowns realize the difference between "no player is above the team" and "every player is to be treated 100% identical, like a cog in a machine."?

Because while so many of you are trying to paint McDaniels as the later, he's really just a strong believer in the former.

He gave veterans more time off in camp last year. He's already talked about doing it again this year. So how is that treating guys like cogs in a machine?

He actually sought out the opinions of Dawkins, Champ, and Doom when picking a new defensive coordinator. He then agreed with their recommendation and hired the guy they wanted. He didn't ask every single guy on the defense or whole team who they thought should be DC, just the veteran leaders.

I could go on with examples of where McDaniels has treated players as individuals, but the fact that I have to really underscores just how rife with straw man arguments this entire fan base has become.

Just because McDaniels and a QB who literally pouts and acts like a 5 year old girl who found out daddy didn't get her a pony for her birthday when a pass rusher so much as brushes his foot during a pass didn't speak for 3 weeks McDaniels is some kind of tyrant? Never mind that said QB transformed from a solid game manager into one of the elite passers in the NFL under McDaniels, or that he attributes that transformation almost entirely to McDaniels. Obviously McDaniels was in the wrong there.

Same with how a spoiled brat QB who wanted a new contract and had his agent run the "Disgruntled QB Playbook" in its entirety, the same one said agent used with both Steve McNair and Brett Favre (complete with leaking private team meetings to the press and waging a PR war against the club within the local TV market). I mean ****, what does it take for some of you people? Bus Cook said "At Jay's request I've asked that the Broncos allow me to seek a trade for my client". When Jay sits down at a presser in Chicago? "I never wanted to be traded".

And McDaniels is the disingenuous guy who couldn't get a long with people. Never mind the $30M extension that actually guarantees Cutler over $50M when you consider the optional roster bonuses it forced Chicago to pick up.

The **** some of you people delude yourselves into believing is incredible.

I guess though, never underestimate the innate power of people to act like complete and total ****ing sheep, especially when put around herds of like minded sheep all bleating out the same myopic cries.

Drek,

I didn't bring up Cutler, I just pointed that it was ****ing weird for two people (McDaniels and Brady) in organization highly dependent on each not to talk. It pretty obvious that McDaniels is young guy that need to learn how to be head coach, hopefully it is in Denver. And it not about Xs and Os, it about all the other stuff that is required when someone put in leadership position.

Also a starting QB in the NFL or collage isn't the same as rest of the team, you don't treat them same as anyone else on the field. They don't win their job, the get anointed by the head coach. That blog points that even "greatest" coach ever had treat his QB differently.

The great QB make the coach look really smart, the bad ones kill a coaching career.

Dedhed
03-29-2010, 07:25 PM
Bump to get some tool's bumps off the front page

baja
03-29-2010, 07:31 PM
I don't see anything wrong with the bumps

JCMElway
03-29-2010, 09:25 PM
Bump to clear out old BS

Popps
03-29-2010, 09:28 PM
The bumps are beautiful poetry.

These turd-sticks are telling us how doomed we are, after we just sat through a decade of Leon Lett signings and Arena League-caliber WRs getting lie detector tests from our coach.

JCMElway
03-29-2010, 09:35 PM
Ok Popps, rep. That's a good point.

bpc
03-29-2010, 09:51 PM

These turd-sticks are telling us how doomed we are, after we just sat through a decade of Leon Lett signings and Arena League-caliber WRs getting lie detector tests from our coach.

85-59, 60% winning percentage.

Leon Lett sucked, Mike Shanahan does not.

baja
03-29-2010, 09:54 PM
You're right Chris Shanny doesn't suck he just got stale in Denver

I do hope he likes working for Snyder but after having Bowlen for a boss I have my doubts.

bpc
03-29-2010, 10:12 PM
We'll never agree on the parting terms, but he's gone so you win.

Is McD the anti-Shanahan? Eh.

baja
03-29-2010, 10:14 PM
I don't feel like I won anything but our team did.

bpc
03-29-2010, 10:22 PM
I don't feel like I won anything but our team did.

Not last year... definitely not within team management. The offense was also pretty pathetic to watch as well. McD looks over his head when it comes to dealing with people. That's just fact. He would like to swing his balls around like he's Bill Parcells but he doesn't have the jewelry to provide that kinda pull.

Time will tell though. Maybe he grows up in year 2.

DBroncos4life
03-29-2010, 10:39 PM

And more then a few of these signings you were OK with...

Football-wise, pretty close. He's potentially the disruptive force we've needed.
Not sure about the guys lined up next to him, but from strictly a football standpoint, he'll make us much better. I'm excited to see the impact it has on this defense.
Someone mentioned the Neil Smith signing. I wouldn't say this is the same thing, but could have a lesser... but similar effect on our defense.

Broncos fans probably can't even remember what it's like to have an ass kicker up front, having to be accounted for on every play. It makes things very difficult for a opposing offenses.
Those are about the Rice signing.

Pryce is pretty valuable against the run.

4 mil sounds like a lot for the production he brings, though.

1.5 mil with sack, tackle and games played incentives.

I sure you dog on Shanahan for cutting Pryce right?

This is worth people considering. Bumping him to the middle and moving DJ back over is major addition by subtraction.

Webster is going to be an average to below average MLB, but he was a bad OLB.

DJ was a bad MLB, he'll be an above average WIL.

Really these bumps just made it seem like you just agree with the majority of what the team is doing at the time. I'm sure there are more examples then the ones I found too.

bpc
03-29-2010, 11:03 PM
And more then a few of these signings you were OK with...

Those are about the Rice signing.

I sure you dog on Shanahan for cutting Pryce right?

Really these bumps just made it seem like you just agree with the majority of what the team is doing at the time. I'm sure there are more examples then the ones I found too.

Are you surprised? Popps flips like John Kerry on these bumbs. But if you read his previous posts, we all knew this was the case.

strafen
03-29-2010, 11:11 PM
Are you surprised? Popps flips like John Kerry on these bumbs. But if you read his previous posts, we all knew this was the case.Word!

BroncoBuff
03-29-2010, 11:19 PM
Drek,

I didn't bring up Cutler, I just pointed that it was ****ing weird for two people (McDaniels and Brady) in organization highly dependent on each not to talk. It pretty obvious that McDaniels is young guy that need to learn how to be head coach, hopefully it is in Denver. And it not about Xs and Os, it about all the other stuff that is required when someone put in leadership position.

This is exactly correct ... Josh doesn't have to prove his X's and O's mastery, his record speaks loud and clear. But he needs to mature a bit, lose some of the stubborn to be a good head coach. At least be more of a grownup than the players. If I had to guess right now, I'd say he gets there here. Mostly because the Cutler stuff will buy him an extra year or two.

DBroncos4life
03-29-2010, 11:50 PM
Are you surprised? Popps flips like John Kerry on these bumbs. But if you read his previous posts, we all knew this was the case.

I think the Pryce bump was the best bump out of them all. Look at all the posters that didn't want to keep Pryce around. I would bet most of them bash Shanahan for dumping him when they didn't think he was worth the money he was being paid at the time. Rightfully so too. I hated the move to make Pryce a DE he was a great DT.

The sad thing is I think the move worked like Shanahan thought though. They moved him to prolong his career and I believe it worked out in Pryce's favor. The Broncos on the other hand have yet to find a DT anywhere near as good as Pryce and the move from DT to DE made Pryce more money on his contract. We had to cut him because of that.

strafen
03-30-2010, 12:07 AM
I think the Pryce bump was the best bump out of them all. Look at all the posters that didn't want to keep Pryce around. I would bet most of them bash Shanahan for dumping him when they didn't think he was worth the money he was being paid at the time. Rightfully so too. I hated the move to make Pryce a DE he was a great DT.

The sad thing is I think the move worked like Shanahan thought though. They moved him to prolong his career and I believe it worked out in Pryce's favor. The Broncos on the other hand have yet to find a DT anywhere near as good as Pryce and the move from DT to DE made Pryce more money on his contract. We had to cut him because of that.

I think one of Shanahan downfalls was his impatience when it came down to working in building up a good defense
For starters, he changed/replaced DC's like they were going out of style, then he showed to be more prompt to meddle with the defense personnel than with the offensive side.
That said, we've had great players during the same span that could've made our defense terrific but Shanahan decided to let go for business reasons or what have you:

Trevor Pryce
Bertrand Berry
Reggie Heyward

Those guys went on to have productive seasons with their respective new NFL teams.
We could've had them all at once!

BroncoBuff
03-30-2010, 12:09 AM
(To Popps) Really these bumps just made it seem like you just agree with the majority of what the team is doing at the time.

Exactly. Popps would find a way to support any move that's made, after the fact.

Worst case scenario, and I could imagine a string of Popps posts like this:

"Gosder Cherilus is a quality right tackle, he'll start for us a long time, Josh knows that."

"Ryan Harris was a solid LT at Notre Dame and he's proven he can play, so we move him to LT now."

"It's not just Cherilus ... just imagine what we'll get with the 2nd round pick ... it's a deep draft!"

"Josh realizes, as all of us who watch the game know, there's no hiding the fact Clady's play dropped off this year."

"Clady would have been a cap-buster to re-sign, while Harris and Cherilus's combined salaries are more manageable cap-wise."

"Big surprise, turds are weeping for another Saint Shanahan player ... Clady's gone guys, team first!"

strafen
03-30-2010, 12:12 AM
Exactly. Popps would find a way to support any move that's made, after the fact.

Worst case scenario, and I could imagine a string of Popps posts like this:

"Gosder Cherilus is a quality right tackle, he'll start for us a long time, Josh knows that."

"Ryan Harris was a solid LT at Notre Dame and he's proven he can play, so we move him to LT now."

"It's not just Cherilus ... just imagine what we'll get with the 2nd round pick ... it's a deep draft!"

"Josh realizes, as all of us who watch the game know, there's no hiding the fact Clady's play dropped off this year."

"Clady would have been a cap-buster to re-sign, while Harris and Cherilus's combined salaries are more manageable cap-wise."

"Big surprise, turds are weeping for another Saint Shanahan player ... Clady's gone guys, team first!"That's a riot man!!! Hilarious! :thumbs: ^5

Popps
03-30-2010, 01:16 AM
Ahhhh... the gold old days. How I long for the past....

http://c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I0000p4yrTdR35.4/s

Popps
03-30-2010, 01:17 AM
http://sportscracklepop.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/javon1.jpg

Popps
03-30-2010, 01:18 AM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/00dT2Ws7rKeEU/340x.jpg

Drek
03-30-2010, 03:03 AM
Drek,

Also a starting QB in the NFL or collage isn't the same as rest of the team, you don't treat them same as anyone else on the field. They don't win their job, the get anointed by the head coach. That blog points that even "greatest" coach ever had treat his QB differently.

The great QB make the coach look really smart, the bad ones kill a coaching career.
Referencing McDaniels inability to get along with people is directly referencing the Cutler situation.

Other than that you've got a TE who openly wished for the team to not make the playoffs, a WR who everyone knows acts like a jackass with regularity, and a DC who moved on to a similar position with a friend and who has had more than a few articles written about how he couldn't get along with people at a few previous stops.

I really like how Mike Nolan leaving is a sign of McDaniels being too immature and stubborn but Nolan, this supposed veteran leader of men who really knows the score, by many accounts had as bad a relationship with Alex Smith as a HC could possibly have with a 1st overall pick franchise QB.

Fact is, a whole lot of people on here see dysfunction and assume its the fault of the young new HC, when in reality those cases are either unsubstantiated (Nolan) or obvious cases of McDaniels just not wanting to put up with someone's immature or selfish bull**** (Cutler, Marshall, and Scheffler).

And just to cap it off, I'll reiterate. Where other than this little delusional fantasy that so many of the posters on this board have worked up and perpetuate for one another is there ANY proof that McDaniels doesn't manage his QBs differently than the rest of his team?

He managed his star players on D differently. I'm pretty sure you could look at instances from last season where he did handle Orton differently (the level of one on one coaching he received is one example).

No one is above the team, that doesn't mean everyone is just a generic cog. Just that when a player says he wants iron clad guarantees that he can't be traded no matter what the offer, or wishes the team would fail to make the playoffs, or says he can't play when the team's medical staff strongly disagree with him they're dealt with accordingly.

watermock
03-30-2010, 05:26 AM
Well, that means McBeavis really really ****ed up last year.

baja
03-30-2010, 08:54 AM
Referencing McDaniels inability to get along with people is directly referencing the Cutler situation.

Other than that you've got a TE who openly wished for the team to not make the playoffs, a WR who everyone knows acts like a jackass with regularity, and a DC who moved on to a similar position with a friend and who has had more than a few articles written about how he couldn't get along with people at a few previous stops.

I really like how Mike Nolan leaving is a sign of McDaniels being too immature and stubborn but Nolan, this supposed veteran leader of men who really knows the score, by many accounts had as bad a relationship with Alex Smith as a HC could possibly have with a 1st overall pick franchise QB.

Fact is, a whole lot of people on here see dysfunction and assume its the fault of the young new HC, when in reality those cases are either unsubstantiated (Nolan) or obvious cases of McDaniels just not wanting to put up with someone's immature or selfish bull**** (Cutler, Marshall, and Scheffler).

And just to cap it off, I'll reiterate. Where other than this little delusional fantasy that so many of the posters on this board have worked up and perpetuate for one another is there ANY proof that McDaniels doesn't manage his QBs differently than the rest of his team?

He managed his star players on D differently. I'm pretty sure you could look at instances from last season where he did handle Orton differently (the level of one on one coaching he received is one example).

No one is above the team, that doesn't mean everyone is just a generic cog. Just that when a player says he wants iron clad guarantees that he can't be traded no matter what the offer, or wishes the team would fail to make the playoffs, or says he can't play when the team's medical staff strongly disagree with him they're dealt with accordingly.

I don't get this "Treat everyone the same" label McD gets saddled with. Forget football, it is humanly impossible to treat every one the same. We are not wired that way - we judge!

TonyR
03-30-2010, 09:17 AM
I am sorry, I just don't see how two member of an organization that are mutual dependent on each for success can go 3 weeks without talking. That just ****ing weird. You don't hear about that kinda problems with Bates, Kyle Shanahan, Morris (all the young hot OC right now)

Although we don't have a definitive timeline on this it appears that Belichick officially promoted McD to OC after this incident that has so many of you worked up. Shouldn't that say quite a bit?

colonelbeef
03-30-2010, 09:59 AM

Even if everything you said (hyperbole included) is all true, I have some terrible news for you;

Every coach and personnel director in the NFL has to deal with douchebags. It's just part of the game. The 49ers of the 80's had douchebags, the Cowboys of the 90's had douchebag after douchebag. Lawrence Taylor was a coke sniffing douchebag. Parcells managed to deal with him and win two Championships.

Point is, dealing with all sorts of personalities, some good and some bad, is part of the gig. You (McDaniels) simply has to find a balance and a way to better manage the bad along with the good, or else he will be looking for a new job in the next few years, plain and simple.

Drek
03-30-2010, 03:53 PM
Even if everything you said (hyperbole included) is all true, I have some terrible news for you;

Every coach and personnel director in the NFL has to deal with douchebags. It's just part of the game. The 49ers of the 80's had douchebags, the Cowboys of the 90's had douchebag after douchebag. Lawrence Taylor was a coke sniffing douchebag. Parcells managed to deal with him and win two Championships.

Point is, dealing with all sorts of personalities, some good and some bad, is part of the gig. You (McDaniels) simply has to find a balance and a way to better manage the bad along with the good, or else he will be looking for a new job in the next few years, plain and simple.
Where did I say we couldn't have douchebags on the team?

Please point out where I said we had to have a squad full of choir boys.

The problem with these three players he's supposedly had issues with is that every one of them did something to put themselves before the team.

Cutler wanted to be assured (likely through financial means) that he was not trade-able, an irreplaceable piece of the franchise for better or worse. That is not for the betterment of the organization.

Tony Scheffler openly wished for the season to end soon when the team was fighting for a playoff spot. Obviously not for the betterment of the organization.

Marshall disrupted practice, got suspended, then late in the season claims he isn't physically capable of playing, despite the disagreement of the medical staff. This after what appeared to be him packing it in after getting his pro bowl nom. None of that is for the betterment of the team.

You can be a complete ****bag of a person, but as long as you show up and give 110% to help the team win football games you fit the criteria McDaniels is looking for. Maybe there is a certain level of moral depravity he wouldn't tolerate, but that isn't the case with any of these guys. All of them are guys who while under contract (2/3rd during a season) openly acted against the best interests of the ball club.

Yet McDaniels is the bad guy for not tolerating that kind of bull****?

strafen
03-30-2010, 04:07 PM
Where did I say we couldn't have douchebags on the team?

Please point out where I said we had to have a squad full of choir boys.

The problem with these three players he's supposedly had issues with is that every one of them did something to put themselves before the team.

Cutler wanted to be assured (likely through financial means) that he was not trade-able, an irreplaceable piece of the franchise for better or worse. That is not for the betterment of the organization.

Tony Scheffler openly wished for the season to end soon when the team was fighting for a playoff spot. Obviously not for the betterment of the organization.

Marshall disrupted practice, got suspended, then late in the season claims he isn't physically capable of playing, despite the disagreement of the medical staff. This after what appeared to be him packing it in after getting his pro bowl nom. None of that is for the betterment of the team.

You can be a complete ****bag of a person, but as long as you show up and give 110% to help the team win football games you fit the criteria McDaniels is looking for. Maybe there is a certain level of moral depravity he wouldn't tolerate, but that isn't the case with any of these guys. All of them are guys who while under contract (2/3rd during a season) openly acted against the best interests of the ball club.

Yet McDaniels is the bad guy for not tolerating that kind of bull****?So, at what point do you hold McDaniels accountable for not being able to work with these players?
He's the headcoach, not their pal. You don't punish people the way McDaniels did or handled the situation, and as you can see, the whole thing never got better, it eas never cured to make those guys want to play for McDaniels and be a part of the team, no?

Florida_Bronco
03-30-2010, 04:14 PM
So, at what point do you hold McDaniels accountable for not being able to work with these players? Are you retarded? He's supposed to get along with those ass clowns?

He's the headcoach, not their pal. You don't punish people the way McDaniels did or handled the situation, and as you can see, the whole thing never got better, it eas never cured to make those guys want to play for McDaniels and be a part of the team, no? So what the **** do you propose he do?

strafen
03-30-2010, 04:34 PM
[QUOTE]Are you retarded? He's supposed to get along with those ass clowns? He's the headcoach, no?

So what the **** do you propose he do?What you think?
Please tell me what comes to mind?
He's the headcoach. He needs to fix those things. Did he fix them?
No, he didn't. We're still at the same stage...

TailgateNut
03-31-2010, 06:52 AM
YOU ARE retarded! He's supposed to get along with those ass clowns?

So what the **** do you propose he do?

Just doing my civic duty of correcting your post!

fontaine
03-31-2010, 07:37 AM

Didn't Marshall have to get offseason hip surgery after he continued to play on the year before? I'm not saying Marshall is completely innocent but the guy does have a history of going all out on the field and there have been plenty of occassions where coaches have waited until game time to give the player a full chance of recovery/rest.

Could the situation have been handled differently by Marshall? Sure. But McD could have also handled it better especially considering how Marshall played the year before on a bad hip that ultimately ended up requiring surgery.

Rabb
03-31-2010, 07:45 AM
So, at what point do you hold McDaniels accountable for not being able to work with these players?
He's the headcoach, not their pal. You don't punish people the way McDaniels did or handled the situation, and as you can see, the whole thing never got better, it eas never cured to make those guys want to play for McDaniels and be a part of the team, no?

this folks is what we call, contradiction

you are 100% right drag, he is not their pal

that's why he needed to crack their asses

baja
03-31-2010, 07:49 AM

<b>that's why he needed to crack their asses

Don't their asses already have cracks???

Rabb
03-31-2010, 08:14 AM
Don't their asses already have cracks???

touche my good man

strafen
03-31-2010, 08:17 AM

that's why he needed to crack their assesContradiction from what?
Cracking asses or not, the problem was never resolved, did it?
What good the ass craking did?
Show me!

Beantown Bronco
03-31-2010, 08:22 AM
Contradiction from what?
Show me!

It certainly helped the OLine after he did it during the Thanksgiving game.

Drek
03-31-2010, 08:23 AM
So, at what point do you hold McDaniels accountable for not being able to work with these players?

You think he didn't handle the situation right because he didn't convince those guys to play for him?

That wasn't the damn point. The point was to give them the clear ultimatum and when they chose not to get in line they get shown the door, sending a strong message to the rest of the team. Its got nothing to do with winning the clowns over, its all about building a strong base of guys who embrace that mindset. You can't preach "team first" and then bend over backwards to make the "me first" guys happy.

Randy Moss was always a "me first" guy. But when he got sick of losing he decided he'd give the "team first" thing a try and had his best season ever. That is what Marshall needs to do if he wants to stay here, and Scheffler, and what Cutler refused to do by asking for a guarantee that he could never be traded.

The player needs to change their outlook, not the coach. There are plenty of teams out there willing to let the inmates run the asylum. This just isn't going to be one of them anymore.

Mr.Meanie
03-31-2010, 08:24 AM
Contradiction from what?
Show me!

So when all those things happen, what in your opinion should he have done to "fix the problem"? Ask them to pretty please stop?

What is your proposal for a coach to deal with insubordination and not lose the rest of the team? Have you ever played sports and had a coach before?

Drek
03-31-2010, 08:32 AM
Didn't Marshall have to get offseason hip surgery after he continued to play on the year before? I'm not saying Marshall is completely innocent but the guy does have a history of going all out on the field and there have been plenty of occassions where coaches have waited until game time to give the player a full chance of recovery/rest.

Could the situation have been handled differently by Marshall? Sure. But McD could have also handled it better especially considering how Marshall played the year before on a bad hip that ultimately ended up requiring surgery.

McDaniels wasn't running the show in '08, so for McDaniels that has no relevance.

That is what McDaniels offered every player on this team, a fresh start. Mario Haggan went from bench bum to starter and team captain when given that chance.

Brandon Marshall of all people should have been most looking forward to that new beginning. But he didn't take it. He threw a fit in camp and used issues from the previous regime as an excuse for not wanting to play.

McDaniels did what he was capable of doing. Was he supposed to say Marshall was injured while the medical staff strongly disagreed? They're the experts. For all the times McDaniels gets called a liar here its pretty funny how much people hold instances of him not lying against him. So he said Marshall was suspended, giving Marshall what he wanted (not playing in the final game) without questioning the medical staff's integrity or ability.

strafen
03-31-2010, 08:41 AM
So when all those things happen, what in your opinion should he have done to "fix the problem"? Ask them to pretty please stop?

What is your proposal for a coach to deal with insubordination and not lose the rest of the team? Have you ever played sports and had a coach before?

Remove head from ass (from yours or McD's doesn't matter) and look at the whole picture.
I'm not saying he can't reprimand players. He did.
Is the way he does it that leaves a lot to be desired.
Do you thing the situation with Marshall and Scheffler is any better?
Do you think dealing players away and cutting them because they pissed off the rookie headcoach is the way to handle personnel issues?

strafen
03-31-2010, 08:44 AM
You think he didn't handle the situation right because he didn't convince those guys to play for him?

That wasn't the damn point. The point was to give them the clear ultimatum and when they chose not to get in line they get shown the door, sending a strong message to the rest of the team. Its got nothing to do with winning the clowns over, its all about building a strong base of guys who embrace that mindset. You can't preach "team first" and then bend over backwards to make the "me first" guys happy.

Randy Moss was always a "me first" guy. But when he got sick of losing he decided he'd give the "team first" thing a try and had his best season ever. That is what Marshall needs to do if he wants to stay here, and Scheffler, and what Cutler refused to do by asking for a guarantee that he could never be traded.

The player needs to change their outlook, not the coach. There are plenty of teams out there willing to let the inmates run the asylum. This just isn't going to be one of them anymore.Let me put it again very sipmple...
He did not resolve the issues.
It's ok for you to admit he didn't. Blindly defending McD makes you look bad.
Show some integrity!

TailgateNut
03-31-2010, 08:48 AM

The player needs to change their outlook, not the coach. There are plenty of teams out there willing to let the inmates run the asylum. This just isn't going to be one of them anymore.

This makes too much sense for the Dragqueen to understand. It's a concept used throughout the "management world".

Mr.Meanie
03-31-2010, 08:49 AM
I'm not saying he can't reprimand players. He did. Is the way he does it that leaves a lot to be desired.

Pray tell, how do you reprimand millionaire athletes who act like spoiled children? Make them sit in the corner? Make them write "I will not disrupt practice and embarress my teammates in practice" 100 times on a chalkboard?

I'm curious to hear dragster69's take on how to subtly and deftly handle these issues.

Dagmar
03-31-2010, 08:54 AM
Remove head from ass (from yours or McD's doesn't matter) and look at the whole picture.

http://i41.tinypic.com/mbhk43.jpg

:thumbsup:

TailgateNut
03-31-2010, 08:55 AM
Pray tell, how do you reprimand millionaire athletes who act like spoiled children? Make them sit in the corner? Make them write "I will not disrupt practice and embarress my teammates in practice" 100 times on a chalkboard?

I'm curious to hear dragster69's take on how to subtly and deftly handle these issues.

His solution would probably involve a large sum of money!

fontaine
03-31-2010, 08:56 AM
McDaniels wasn't running the show in '08, so for McDaniels that has no relevance.

That is what McDaniels offered every player on this team, a fresh start. Mario Haggan went from bench bum to starter and team captain when given that chance.

Brandon Marshall of all people should have been most looking forward to that new beginning. But he didn't take it. He threw a fit in camp and used issues from the previous regime as an excuse for not wanting to play.

McDaniels did what he was capable of doing. Was he supposed to say Marshall was injured while the medical staff strongly disagreed? They're the experts. For all the times McDaniels gets called a liar here its pretty funny how much people hold instances of him not lying against him. So he said Marshall was suspended, giving Marshall what he wanted (not playing in the final game) without questioning the medical staff's integrity or ability.

I'm not holding it against him and didn't call him a liar.

Don't care about the medical staff. Coaches sign players that fail physicals, some players still play through injuries when they shouldn't, other players don't even though the medical staff can't find anything wrong with them.

Rabb
03-31-2010, 08:57 AM
Contradiction from what?
Show me!

you contradicted yourself

you said he is their head coach and not their pal, but then in the same breath you say that he was too rough on them

make up your mind, it's either happy drag unicorn land and they sit down for tea and cake to talk about their feelings

or he hits them where it matters, and takes playing time away for being insubordinate

can't have it both ways kitten

strafen
03-31-2010, 08:58 AM
This makes too much sense for the Dragqueen to understand. It's a concept used throughout the "management world".It must've worked for you as a manager of your local Dairy Queen LOL

strafen
03-31-2010, 09:01 AM
you contradicted yourself

you said he is their head coach and not their pal, but then in the same breath you say that he was too rough on them

make up your mind, it's either happy drag unicorn land and they sit down for tea and cake to talk about their feelings

or he hits them where it matters, and takes playing time away for being insubordinate

can't have it both ways kittenDude.
I can present facts to you and argue about it, but I cannot debate excuses.
When you debate excuses like I'm doing with you and Drek right now, it becomes a argument.

fontaine
03-31-2010, 09:01 AM

1. Marshall isn't a millionaire athlete as he's still working off a 4th round deal.

2. Fines/suspensions don't really work in my opinion. The only way to go about it is do exactly what the FO is doing right now which is to not commit $$$$ in a new deal to Marshall until he shows he's ready to be a team player all the time.

Rabb
03-31-2010, 09:02 AM
my God, I have to put you back on ignore...I don't know why I thought it was ok to take you off

the real shame here is, Popps had a great point over the MVP thing...what you are doing dragster is right on par with the thread bumping

meaningless and unproductive spam that ruins it for everyone else

but I digress, ignore is an option so I am using it

Mr.Meanie
03-31-2010, 09:05 AM
1. Marshall isn't a millionaire athlete as he's still working off a 4th round deal.

2. Fines/suspensions don't really work in my opinion. The only way to go about it is do exactly what the FO is doing right now which is to not commit $$$$ in a new deal to Marshall until he shows he's ready to be a team player all the time.

He's getting paid $2.5M this year, no?

strafen
03-31-2010, 09:08 AM
my God, I have to put you back on ignore...I don't know why I thought it was ok to take you off

the real shame here is, Popps had a great point over the MVP thing...what you are doing dragster is right on par with the thread bumping

meaningless and unproductive spam that ruins it for everyone else

but I digress, ignore is an option so I am using itReally?
Why is that?
You MUST be right, and I MUST be wrong for you to recognize it as a good debate?
You're not very bright, I guess...
Popps having a great point?
Wow!!!
I should put you on ignore for that dumb statement.
You really think you are the ish, huh?
I don't think you are as sharp as a marble, bud.
You really disappoint!

TailgateNut
03-31-2010, 09:18 AM
Really?
Why is that?
You MUST be rought, anmd I MUST be wrong for you to recognize it as a good debate, huh?
Wow!!!
You really disappoint!

Holy Crap:rofl:

chex
03-31-2010, 09:23 AM
Really?
Why is that?
You MUST be rought, anmd I MUST be wrong for you to recognize it as a good debate, huh?
Wow!!!
You really disappoint!

Honestly, I don't know why you don't get banned more often. Your sole purpose here is to start threads like this with the intention of it culminating in yet another McDaniels pissing contest. And if you're not the one starting the thread, you're the one that keeps it going. You post close to 800x a month, and the vast majority of them are **** like this. I mean really, what are you adding besides acrimony and childish namecalling?

baja
03-31-2010, 09:28 AM
Contradiction from what?
<b>What good the ass craking did?
Show me!

Well for one thing it gave them a place to shiit out of.

Hold on a minute maybe that is your problem you need your ass cracked that may well be why you are so full of shiit.

Drek
03-31-2010, 09:44 AM
Let me put it again very sipmple...
He did not resolve the issues.
It's ok for you to admit he didn't. Blindly defending McD makes you look bad.
Show some integrity!

How did he not resolve the issues?

Cutler wouldn't accept that the team is more important than himself. He's now in Chicago where they let him help his coaches, and we got a king's ransom.

I'm sure Scheffler will be moved for something come the draft, it might not be much but then he's not really worth very much either.

Marshall we'll see about. I think he's willing to be a team first guy in the right situation, but the last few years have made him feel under appreciated and and he's not handling it in the right way. McDaniels has extended him plenty of rope though, its time for him to make a sign of good faith in return or it isn't worth the effort.

baja
03-31-2010, 10:36 AM
Players: No sign of brady-mcdaniels feud in 2005
By Christopher Price

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/...-feud-in-2005/

Josh McDaniels and Tom Brady worked closely in New England for five seasons. (AP)

I spoke with two players from the 2005 Patriots this morning, and both of them said they didn’t know about the divide between Josh McDaniels and Tom Brady that season that caused them not to talk to each other for three weeks, according to a story in Sunday’s Denver Post.

While neither player denied the story, one player said when he was around Brady and McDaniels at the same time that season, you couldn’t tell they were clashing. But at the same time, it wasn’t like any reported divide between the two had an effect on the New England offense that season.

“You couldn’t tell if you were around them,” he said. “But then again, our offense wasn’t that good either.”

That season, McDaniels was in his second year as quarterbacks coach and also had a hand in play-calling for the first time after former offensive coordinator Charlie Weis left to take over the head coaching gig at Notre Dame prior to that season. The Patriots won the AFC East that season, finishing 10-6 but losing in the divisional playoffs to the Broncos in Denver.

Whatever issues the two may have had at the time were quickly resolved, however. Two seasons later, McDaniels was the offensive coordinator for a Patriots offense that set several records, including 50 touchdown passes from Brady.

Brady continues to speak extremely highly of McDaniels — last fall, Brady said he knew McDaniels had a handle on the offense early in his tenure in New England.

“When he was quarterback coach his first year, 2004, you could really tell,” Brady said of McDaniels in the days leading up to the Patriots-Broncos game. “He studied under the defense here for a while and I think he really brought that over to the offense and said, ‘All right, guys, this is how they’re trying to stop us, so this is how we’re going to beat it.’

“Obviously, when you can do that and you learned under coach Belichick, as an offensive coach you can bring so much information — you know, vs. formations what they’re going to do, how they’re going to play certain looks that we’re giving them. And then you try to take advantage of those looks. He was really great at that and he’s still great at that.”

One player said he liked being around McDaniels when he was in New England but isn’t surprised at the report. He echoed the same point that CBS analyst Boomer Esiason made in the story — that many former Bill Belichick assistants try to implement the New England system, but in the rush to instill a team-before-self culture, the new coach forgets that he doesn’t have the same credibility as Belichick.

In his first season as Broncos head coach, McDaniels ruffled feathers when he benched wide receiver Brandon Marshall and traded franchise quarterback Jay Cutler. Despite the Broncos’ 6-0 start, the moves were widely questioned in the wake of eight losses in the final 10 games of the season.

“All these [coaches] are taking what Bill did in New England and trying to bring that with them wherever they go,” Esiason told the Denver Post. ”The one thing they’re missing, though, is the credibility Bill Belichick has. The Super Bowl rings lead the players to believe he’s leading them to victory.”

“Am I surprised? Not really. It seems like every coach — especially the young ones — try to be a mini-Bill. A mini-Bill from his New England days,” said the player. ”What they end up being is mini-Bill from his Cleveland [days]. Either way, he better start winning, or he will be run out of Denver.”

OOJack
03-31-2010, 01:11 PM
dragster being back = 'Mane quality dropping significantly.

Dagmar posting = 'Mane douche factor steadily rising.

bronco militia
03-31-2010, 01:15 PM
Dagmar posting = 'Mane douche factor steadily rising.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=26292&stc=1&d=1270066230

:spit:

Dagmar
03-31-2010, 01:16 PM
:spit:

Ah, so you have a vendetta now. See who's on your side?!

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh288/krispos42/Animated/oh-noes-everybody-panic.gif

bronco militia
03-31-2010, 01:18 PM
Ah, so you have a vendetta now. See who's on your side?!

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh288/krispos42/Animated/oh-noes-everybody-panic.gif

what? that was awesome. OOjack and i don't get along either

Dagmar
03-31-2010, 01:19 PM
what? that was awesome. OOjack and i don't get along either

The rep is pretty sweet, he made a homophobic comment and I defended it and he accused me of being a gay-jacker! :giggle:

I stand by that he is a retard.

TonyR
03-31-2010, 01:27 PM
That season, McDaniels was in his second year as quarterbacks coach and also had a hand in play-calling for the first time after former offensive coordinator Charlie Weis left to take over the head coaching gig at Notre Dame prior to that season. The Patriots won the AFC East that season, finishing 10-6 but losing in the divisional playoffs to the Broncos in Denver.

Whatever issues the two may have had at the time were quickly resolved, however. Two seasons later, McDaniels was the offensive coordinator for a Patriots offense that set several records, including 50 touchdown passes from Brady.

Brady continues to speak extremely highly of McDaniels last fall, Brady said he knew McDaniels had a handle on the offense early in his tenure in New England.

The resident drama queens want to make a big deal out of this, predictably. But the fact that McD later got promoted and Brady has nothing but positive things to say about him says all you really need to know.

OOJack
03-31-2010, 01:28 PM
The rep is pretty sweet, he made a homophobic comment and I defended it and he accused me of being a gay-jacker! :giggle:

I stand by that he is a retard.

really? when exactly was that? nice story though...

only rep I've ever given you is the following, hope you are still enjoying it...and thanks for posting it in an earlier thread!

Dagmar
03-31-2010, 01:31 PM
OOjack I have you on ignore, so i can't see it.

:kiss:

Cito Pelon
03-31-2010, 01:58 PM
This li'l hoodie, l'l Bill stuff will be gone in a year. Boomer Esiason and Schlereth will move on to instigating something else.