PDA

View Full Version : He's back...

Memento
03-27-2010, 01:23 PM
http://www.foxsportsarizona.com/pages/landing?Torains-return-highlights-ASU-pro-day=1&blockID=205181&feedID=3702

Wishing him well in his comeback attempt.

Ex-ASU RB trying to prove he’s healthy

Posted: March 26

By Alex Espinoza
FOXSportsArizona.com

TEMPE – Despite all the injuries and all the setbacks, Ryan Torain still sports a hearty smile.

It was on full display Friday at Sun Devil Stadium, as past members of the Arizona State football team ran drills in front of dozens of NFL scouts for ASU’s annual pro day.

Among the players working out included Torain, who played running back for the Sun Devils from 2006-07. Torain latched on with the Denver Broncos after they selected him with a fifth-round pick in the 2008 draft, but three injuries -- including two to his knees -- have derailed his professional career.

He was in good spirits on Friday, though, and said he is trying to prove that he’s “100 percent.”

“This was the big day for me,” Torain said after his workout. “Just to show all 32 teams at once that I’m ready to play.”

Etc., etc...

Natedog24
03-27-2010, 01:34 PM
Peyton Hillis ain't got **** on Ryan Torain

broncswin
03-27-2010, 01:52 PM

AGREE
I think this guy couldve been great if not for those damn injuries...good luck to him, great guy

broncswin
03-27-2010, 01:52 PM

By the way LETS GO DODGEEZ:thumbsup:

Florida_Bronco
03-27-2010, 02:07 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing us bring Torain back and giving him a shot.

misturanderson
03-27-2010, 02:10 PM
He's good, but his ligaments just don't seem to be strong enough to hold up to the punishment of being an NFL RB. It's too bad, but he is the definition of injury-prone.

extralife
03-27-2010, 02:41 PM
looked great for that one half of football he played. we only have 3 backs on the roster, so why not?

TotallyScrewed
03-27-2010, 03:12 PM

Beg pardon, what does this mean?

What has Ryan Torain done in the NFL?

Swedish Extrovert
03-27-2010, 03:15 PM
He'll be a Redskin

Crushisback
03-27-2010, 04:11 PM
looked great for that one half of football he played. we only have 3 backs on the roster, so why not?

Because we only have 3 backs on the roster.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-27-2010, 05:21 PM
I completely forgot about torain

Dedhed
03-27-2010, 06:00 PM
Beg pardon, what does this mean?

What has Ryan Torain done in the NFL?Well, he averaged 5.7 yards per carry against Cleveland. Better than Hillis ever did.

oubronco
03-27-2010, 06:21 PM
I wish him the best

TotallyScrewed
03-27-2010, 06:40 PM
Well, he averaged 5.7 yards per carry against Cleveland. Better than Hillis ever did.

I guess that's another single game statistic that will stand for a while longer since Hillis now plays for Cleveland. In Hillis's defense, he had a single game statistic against KC last year with even better numbers...that Torain's has never approached...wow.

Dedhed
03-27-2010, 07:35 PM
I guess that's another single game statistic that will stand for a while longer since Hillis now plays for Cleveland. In Hillis's defense, he had a single game statistic against KC last year with even better numbers...that Torain's has never approached...wow.

Ah, if only every back could go down with injury after 10 good carries, the league would be riddled with superstar backs with absurd avg's like Hillis and Torrain.

BroncoBuff
03-27-2010, 08:02 PM
He'll be a Redskin

This.

BroncoBuff
03-27-2010, 08:06 PM
Well, he averaged 5.7 yards per carry against Cleveland. Better than Hillis ever did.

If you're gonna give that Cleveland game this much weight, judging entire players on it, then you must love Jay Cutler. That was an Elway-esque comeback ... probably the best 4th quarter for any Bronco QB ever.

If Torain does hook on somewhere in the league, then once again, all hail Jim Goodman. That will mean just ONE of the 22 players he drafted in '06, '07 and '08 will be unemployed (Greg Eslinger). Jarvis Moss might join Eslinger by then, but still. Remarkable.

Atwater His Ass
03-27-2010, 08:12 PM
Torrian always looked uncomfortable running with the ball to me.

He looked like he had a 2x4 suck down his back.

Tombstone RJ
03-27-2010, 08:37 PM
Too bad about Torain. Talk about a big smooth RB with elusive speed... he had a real chance of being the next TD if he could stay healthy.

Dr. Broncenstein
03-28-2010, 04:09 AM
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x89/edwardbayntun/news/unbreakable.jpg

Torrain could have been the next TD if it wasn't for those pesky injuries sustained by the occasional light breeze.

cutthemdown
03-28-2010, 05:52 AM

Because taking a chance on a injury prone back who never really played in NFL much isn't something that most teams see as an answer to any problems.

Broncos will probably feel better about just drafting a RB, maybe a couple rookie street FA to compete, who knows maybe a late vet pickup.

Really though I think they see Moreno/Buckhalter as getting most of the work and our pretty happy with how that could turn out.

Drunk Monkey
03-28-2010, 08:40 AM
Ugh, I thought we were through with this crap. He is an upright injury prone running back. A typical Omane over hyped player who fulfilled his potential by washing out after 2 seasons.

azbroncfan
03-28-2010, 09:08 AM
No thanks he is a waste of 10 carries for another running back. Guy gets hurt usually putting his pads on.

strafen
03-28-2010, 09:24 AM
Well, he averaged 5.7 yards per carry against Cleveland. Better than Hillis ever did.My God!
Where do these idiots come from?
Wow!
What a nimrod. Put down that pipe, deadhead!

What you need to worry sbout is if Moreno would ever average at least 3.9 ypc...
That should be your main concern

baja
03-28-2010, 09:37 AM
My God!
Where do these idiots come from?
Wow!
What a nimrod. Put down that pipe, deadhead!

What you need to worry sbout is if Moreno would ever average at least 3.9 ypc...
That should be your main concern

Wasn't it this kind of talk that earned you your recent vacation?