PDA

View Full Version : Marshall has no problems staying in Denver, if he is paid

BMarsh615
03-26-2010, 07:39 PM
According to his PR people.

March 26, 2009; 6:31p.m. MDT--

Denver Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall's PR firm contacted FOX31 Sports to disseminate the following message Friday evening:

"Brandon Marshall is continuing to work out and progress this offseason, and is hopeful that wherever he lands that it will be the right place. Additionally, if it were true that a contract extension commensurate with Marshall's skills was actually offered, there would be no question as to what team Marshall would be staying with at this time." ---EAG PR Firm

http://community.kdvr.com/_EAG-PR-firm-clarifies-Brandon-Marshalls-current-status/blog/2270810/96399.html

And yes another Brandon Marshall thread was needed.:~ohyah!:

DenverBound
03-26-2010, 07:42 PM
What does this have to do with Peyton Hillis?

tsiguy96
03-26-2010, 07:57 PM
haha, media already destroying marshall for having a firm that says **** like this. hes trying to win the PR war and not seem like such a bad guy, but it just makes him sound like an asshole.

tsiguy96
03-26-2010, 07:59 PM
The P.R. firm representing restricted free agent Brandon Marshall issued a statement on their client's status late Friday.
"Brandon Marshall is continuing to work out and progress this offseason, and is hopeful that wherever he lands that it will be the right place," the firm said. "Additionally, if it were true that a contract extension commensurate with Marshall's skills was actually offered, there would be no question as to what team Marshall would be staying with at this time." Not only is the statement horribly written, it's purpose isn't remotely clear.

In theory, a public relations firm should be able to represent a client's interests in a clear, positive manner.

Here is the statement Brandon Marshall's P.R. firm EAG released Friday night to Josina Anderson of KDVR in Denver:

"Brandon Marshall is continuing to work out and progress this offseason, and is hopeful that wherever he lands that it will be the right place. Additionally, if it were true that a contract extension commensurate with Marshall's skills was actually offered, there would be no question as to what team Marshall would be staying with at this time."

Luckily, we have our shoddy P.R. firm translator nearby. It spit this out:

"Brandon Marshall wants a lot of money. It's cool if the Broncos are the team to pay it. As long as it's lot of money."

Here's a tip to Marshall if he wants to save money: Fire your public relations team.

greggrosenthal

@PostBroncos @Aaron_Nagler @RapSheet Not just using a PR firm. But using one that doesn't advance his interests. And hurts my brain.

needless to say, marshall is hurting himself again

bronco militia
03-26-2010, 08:01 PM
marshall wants to get paid????

who knew

Dr. Broncenstein
03-26-2010, 08:04 PM
Good luck with that, Brandon. If by "paid" you mean playing for a one year RFA tender, and most likely a work stoppage the following year. Hope you have no problem with that. I'm sure the front office is working around the clock looking for ways to reward a malcontent who has zero leverage.

ZONA
03-26-2010, 08:13 PM
Hurting himself? Uh, what should they have said? Marshall has no problems staying in Denver, even if he doesn't get paid. OMG, some people need to crawl out from under the rocks. Players want their bucks. Sure he has a few strikes against him but he produces on the field and if we don't pay him, somebody sure as hell will. I for one would hate to see our offense without him. Talk about stacking the line, we will have no running game at all with teams putting 9 in the box, hahahahaha, lol.

orinjkrush
03-26-2010, 08:14 PM
the intersection between "da game" and "da bidness" has always fascinated me.

boys play games. men go to work.

be day boys ur men?

gtown
03-26-2010, 08:36 PM
If the Broncos don't trade Marshall for anything good before the draft this year, they better be forthcoming with the contract extension that pays him what he is worth in the open market before he hits the market next year. I would be pissed if we got nothing for him, endured another year of his turmoil, and then let him walk in FA next year.

Paladin
03-26-2010, 08:38 PM
What does this have to do with Peyton Hillis?

Thankfully, not a friggin thing.....

Paladin
03-26-2010, 08:41 PM
If the Broncos don't trade Marshall for anything good before the draft this year, they better be forthcoming with the contract extension that pays him what he is worth in the open market before he hits the market next year. I would be pissed if we got nothing for him, endured another year of his turmoil, and then let him walk in FA next year.

Will (can) he be franchised? I don't think the FO people are dumb.....

Hamrob
03-26-2010, 08:44 PM
I think what they were trying to do...and failed attempting to do so...was to dispell those rumors that the Broncos had offered him a contract that paid him $10m/yr.

Denver might have offered him a contract, but with no guarenteed money...nobody would sign that deal.

GoBroncos84
03-26-2010, 08:44 PM
If they would just pay him all of the distraction goes away...

Dr. Broncenstein
03-26-2010, 08:46 PM
If they would just pay him all of the distraction goes away...

http://www.memedepot.com/uploads/0/207_not_sure_if_serious.jpg

RunSilentRunDeep
03-26-2010, 08:52 PM
dose pr peeple our reelly grate riters.

eddie mac
03-26-2010, 09:00 PM

Unless there's a new CBA reached he'll still be 1 year short of the UFA qualifying years in 2011.

~Crash~
03-26-2010, 09:25 PM
Unless there's a new CBA reached he'll still be 1 year short of the UFA qualifying years in 2011.

and even if a new CBA is reached he still might be in a the same boat owner want more control of players they draft . and I don't blame them the pay a lot of cash to develop them .

oubronco
03-26-2010, 09:29 PM
marshall wants to get paid????

who knew

Haven't you heard he's a punk for not going all out giving 1,000% effort while playing for peanuts

Archer81
03-26-2010, 09:30 PM
Haven't you heard he's a punk for not going all out giving 1,000% effort while playing for peanuts

$2 mil is peanuts?

:Broncos:

~Crash~
03-26-2010, 09:37 PM
$2 mil is peanuts?

Lets say you are at work and your buddy doing the same job you are and gets paid $10 a hour and you work for $2 ...you would be pissed to no end now tell me I am full of **** .. :welcome:

Momentum
03-26-2010, 09:44 PM
I dont believe him.

no-pseudo-fan
03-26-2010, 10:12 PM
This goes with what most of us know. This whole thing is about money for BMarsh.

People got all excited about the 1st round tender. Noone saw it as letting Brandon test the market to get a gauge on his true value. When I hear Denver is not talking trade, I hear someone work out a contract Brandon will sign and if we like it, we will match.

Los Broncos
03-26-2010, 10:37 PM
****, when will this be over!

I'm sick of hearing about it, guess it will be over come draft time.

Br0nc0Buster
03-26-2010, 10:46 PM
Lets say you are at work and your buddy doing the same job you are and gets paid $10 a hour and you work for $2 ...you would be pissed to no end now tell me I am full of **** .. :welcome:

has your buddy been arrested multiple times in the past few years?
Is the buddy one **** up away from having a very long suspension?
Did the buddy slice open his arm from slipping on a McDonalds wrapper?
Did the buddy punt the office printer when he didnt get his way?

If I got arrested multiple times in the span of a couple years and throw tantrums when I was angry I would not have a job

DomCasual
03-26-2010, 10:50 PM
I don't see what could go wrong with Brandon Marshall having more money than God.

Seriously, can you think of anything? I can't think of anything.

Tombstone RJ
03-26-2010, 10:58 PM

Aren't the Broncos already testing that market by letting Bmarsh look around? Seriously, if Bmarsh wants the big money, his only real option is to come back and be a good boy.

watermock
03-26-2010, 11:11 PM
IMO, this again shows McD's inexperience.

He's sitting on his hands.

What an idiot to bring into a crisis.

No GM, An Alhiemers owner, no DC, no OC, no RB coach, no line, an old D, and and easy schedule.

Perfect.

tsiguy96
03-26-2010, 11:31 PM

No GM, An Alhiemers owner, no DC, no OC, no RB coach, no line, an old D, and and easy schedule.

Perfect.

http://ravenlord.info/Bilder/bunny-pancake.jpg

bigbucks24
03-27-2010, 12:28 AM
Aren't the Broncos already testing that market by letting Bmarsh look around? Seriously, if Bmarsh wants the big money, his only real option is to come back and be a good boy.

:spit: Couldn't you have said that last year too? That worked out well.

bigbucks24
03-27-2010, 12:30 AM
I don't see what could go wrong with Brandon Marshall having more money than God.

Seriously, can you think of anything? I can't think of anything.

The only thing I can see bing worse is if he is traded to the Dolphins. BMarsh haveing more money than God AND being in south beach. Do you figure he can get arrested before he gets off the plane?

Dagmar
03-27-2010, 12:40 AM

Perfect.

So. You libel that...

Pat Bowlen has Alzheimer's?

Brian Xanders doesn't work for the Broncos.

Wink wasn't hired as DC.

A D with what, 7 vets over 30.

No line? Clady? Harris? Kuper?

An new RB coach.

YOU ARE A ****ING DRUNK RETARD

boppool
03-27-2010, 12:58 AM
Apparently, Josina Anderson broke the story.

Here's the quote from NBC Sports:
UPDATE: Josina Anderson tweets that said P.R. team did not officially release a statement (http://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/11123191527). In Anderson's words, they contacted her to disseminate a message. Not a statement. A message. Glad that's cleared up.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/26/marshall-releases-bizarre-statement/

If it came from Josina, it's garbage...

watermock
03-27-2010, 01:15 AM
So. You libel that...

Pat Bowlen has Alzheimer's?

Brian Xanders doesn't work for the Broncos.

Wink wasn't hired as DC.

A D with what, 7 vets over 30.

No line? Clady? Harris? Kuper?

An new RB coach.

YOU ARE A ****ING DRUNK RETARD

Wow.

Bowlen is actually a very weak owner despite being given a new stadim.

Xanders has absolutely no GM knowledge.

"Winkie" was a LB coach, brought in when 3 main coaches bailed.

Clady is under contract. Kuper signed because he was injured.

Harris is just holding on.

You're a ****ing idiot.

watermock
03-27-2010, 01:18 AM
This is funny, and totally characteristic of this regime.

Archer81
03-27-2010, 01:23 AM
Wow.

You're a ****ing idiot.

While Bowlen has been Broncos owner, they have 5 superbowl appearances. Weak owners dont get consistent SB contenders.

I suspect Xanders has more GM experience then everyone on this board...you know...because he is one?

I could list successful DC's who were LB coaches first...but you'd ignore it. Two Shanahan coaches were let go. One went to be the OC in Houston. One went to DC to be with his former boss. The third wanted to go to Miami. I hardly call that bailing...2 holdovers and a difference in philosophy for the third...yeah...the bloodsoaked halls of Dove Valley.

Clady, Kuper and Harris are three blocks to build a solid offensive line. Get quality at LG and C, and you can compete in the NFL.

you are off on this one, Mock.

DBroncos4life
03-27-2010, 01:32 AM
How is this any different then the Broncos FO tendering Marshall for only a 1st rounder? Making him the lowest tendered WR this year? Both sides are trying to play games.

watermock
03-27-2010, 01:50 AM
While Bowlen has been Broncos owner, they have 5 superbowl appearances. Weak owners dont get consistent SB contenders.

I suspect Xanders has more GM experience then everyone on this board...you know...because he is one?

I could list successful DC's who were LB coaches first...but you'd ignore it. Two Shanahan coaches were let go. One went to be the OC in Houston. One went to DC to be with his former boss. The third wanted to go to Miami. I hardly call that bailing...2 holdovers and a difference in philosophy for the third...yeah...the bloodsoaked halls of Dove Valley.

Clady, Kuper and Harris are three blocks to build a solid offensive line. Get quality at LG and C, and you can compete in the NFL.

you are off on this one, Mock.

Reeves failed and tried to trade Elway after firing Shanny.

WTF?

Beavis brings in his brother?

Bullshiat and wait till the draft.

WTF? 3 key coaches bailed.

watermock
03-27-2010, 01:53 AM
suspect Xanders has more GM experience then everyone on this board...you know...because he is one?

Wow, you are an idiot.

Florida_Bronco
03-27-2010, 03:49 AM
I'm ready for this guy to be gone.

UberBroncoMan
03-27-2010, 05:57 AM
Apparently, Josina Anderson broke the story.

Here's the quote from NBC Sports:
UPDATE: Josina Anderson tweets that said P.R. team did not officially release a statement (http://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/11123191527). In Anderson's words, they contacted her to disseminate a message. Not a statement. A message. Glad that's cleared up.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/26/marshall-releases-bizarre-statement/

If it came from Josina, it's garbage...

Wouldn't it be nice for her to just pack it the **** up and cover another team... far, far away from here.

I can't ****ing stand her.

tsiguy96
03-27-2010, 08:38 AM
How is this any different then the Broncos FO tendering Marshall for only a 1st rounder? Making him the lowest tendered WR this year? Both sides are trying to play games.

why is it different? they tendered him at this level to either try and stir up a trade partner or to show marshall that he isnt worth what he thought he is, or a bit of both, cant be sure. the fact that no one has signed marshall, not even a very late 1st, tells a very different story than marshalls camp would wnat you to hear.

TotallyScrewed
03-27-2010, 08:44 AM
Just to be accurate Bowlen didn't own the Broncos in 1977 nor was he the force that brought Mr. Elway to Denver, who BTW, didn't have a whole lot to work with on the offensive side of the ball until 1996-98. And once Mr. Elway retired Bowlen hasn't won much of anything of note BUT other than that...

Dedhed
03-27-2010, 08:49 AM

Office analogies do not work at all in the NFL world.

TotallyScrewed
03-27-2010, 08:50 AM
why is it different? they tendered him at this level to either try and stir up a trade partner or to show marshall that he isnt worth what he thought he is, or a bit of both, cant be sure. the fact that no one has signed marshall, not even a very late 1st, tells a very different story than marshalls camp would wnat you to hear.

Just how does it tell them anything? Who else has given up a first round pick for any RFA? What other wide receiver has gotten a ton of money and a great multi-year deal with a large sum up front during this off season?

Dedhed
03-27-2010, 08:51 AM
I think what they were trying to do...and failed attempting to do so...was to dispell those rumors that the Broncos had offered him a contract that paid him $10m/yr.

Denver might have offered him a contract, but with no guarenteed money...nobody would sign that deal.
I think you're reaching.

They're trying to get the maximum number of teams to bid for him. That is all.

tsiguy96
03-27-2010, 08:54 AM
Just how does it tell them anything? Who else has given up a first round pick for any RFA? What other wide receiver has gotten a ton of money and a great multi-year deal with a large sum up front during this off season?

what other player considered top 5 at his position got only a first round tender? if calvin johnson got a first round tender, he would be gone within days. same with andre johnson or fitz. but marshall has not, because hes too much of a risk to be paid what he wnats to get paid AND give up a first round pick for, and marshall just doesnt realize that. but mcd is not going to give marshall away for nothing, hes not dumb. so we either get proper compensation or he plays here again, likely for his tender salary.

Beantown Bronco
03-27-2010, 09:00 AM
Sure he has a few strikes against him but he produces on the field and if we don't pay him, somebody sure as hell will.

Ummm, all evidence to the contrary.

Talk about stacking the line, we will have no running game at all with teams putting 9 in the box, hahahahaha, lol.

Outside of the Skins game, Marshall isn't exactly known for stretching the field. He probably catches 90% of his passes within 5-10 yards of the LOS, so the guys defending him rarely leave "the box" as it is. Royal and Gaffney both run deeper routes far more regularly than him.

Dedhed
03-27-2010, 09:00 AM
I agree with this, but not so much from the FA standpoint. If you force Marshall to play out his tender he is going to be a far greater distraction than he has ever been in the locker room or on the sidelines.

The Broncos need to either move him out of town, yes please, or *gulp* commit to him long term with a serious contract.

Cool Breeze
03-27-2010, 09:01 AM
Marshall has no problems staying in Denver, if he is paid

I have no problem watching him if he stays - whether he is paid commensurate with his abilities or not. He signed a contract.

I do however, have a problem listening to negative non-football related behavior,
and conduct detrimental to the Denver Broncos TEAM.

On a side note, perhaps those who are writing up the collective bargaining agreement can include behavioral clauses which equate to monies withheld.
Sometimes players act in a manner that suggests they don't care about the law, peers, fans, and the good of the game. Perhaps if they were hit in the wallet they would shape up.

HooptyHoops
03-27-2010, 09:01 AM
Just to be accurate Bowlen didn't own the Broncos in 1977 nor was he the force that brought Mr. Elway to Denver, who BTW, didn't have a whole lot to work with on the offensive side of the ball until 1996-98. And once Mr. Elway retired Bowlen hasn't won much of anything of note BUT other than that...

Elway may have been the only true Franchise Player in the NFL. He could make the whole team a competitor, even though the team was a bunch of misfits. Bowlen did however hire the best offensive-minded coaches in Mike Shannahan, who in part, figured out the formula is get Elway to win a SB. I would say Bowlen is a strong owner, as we Bronco fans think an 8-8 or 7-9 season is just plain pathetic, yet the Broncos are one of the winniest teams in the NFL over the last 12 years. Bowlen surrounds himself with smart people and that is a HUGE quality for an owner to have.

TotallyScrewed
03-27-2010, 09:04 AM
Office analogies do not work at all in the NFL world.

I think his point was that Marshall is way under paid when compared to other receivers who've put up similar numbers over the past three years.

That happens in the private sector all the time, too.

TotallyScrewed
03-27-2010, 09:10 AM
what other player considered top 5 at his position got only a first round tender? if calvin johnson got a first round tender, he would be gone within days. same with andre johnson or fitz. but marshall has not, because hes too much of a risk to be paid what he wnats to get paid AND give up a first round pick for, and marshall just doesnt realize that. but mcd is not going to give marshall away for nothing, hes not dumb. so we either get proper compensation or he plays here again, likely for his tender salary.

That's total conjecture. Why hasn't Doom been offered or even called into a meeting with another team? Does that mean that he's not worth anything? Is Doom going to sign anything that flies his way?

I'm not so sure about McD...we'll have to wait some more.

Dedhed
03-27-2010, 09:12 AM
Elway may have been the only true Franchise Player in the NFL. He could make the whole team a competitor, even though the team was a bunch of misfits. Bowlen did however hire the best offensive-minded coaches in Mike Shannahan, who in part, figured out the formula is get Elway to win a SB. I would say Bowlen is a strong owner, as we Bronco fans think an 8-8 or 7-9 season is just plain pathetic, yet the Broncos are one of the winniest teams in the NFL over the last 12 years. Bowlen surrounds himself with smart people and that is a HUGE quality for an owner to have.

People who complain about Bowlen as an owner simply have no clue. Bowlen cares about winning, is willing to pay to get his coach and FO the players they feel they need to make that happen, and let's the people he's hired do their jobs without meddling.

You literally can't ask for anything more from an owner.

Dedhed
03-27-2010, 09:19 AM
I think his point was that Marshall is way under paid when compared to other receivers who've put up similar numbers over the past three years.

That happens in the private sector all the time, too.

I know what his point was, but the office analogy still doesn't work.

There are very legitimate reasons why he is underpaid, and they're all Marshall's fault.

The Broncos would have paid Brandon huge money already if he was Larry Fitzgerald off the field.

One of my least favorite things in the world is when people whine about getting exactly what they deserve. Brandon deserves to be underpaid because his actions make him a risky proposition. That is his fault.

The fact that he doesn't get that suggests to me that he will be accountable to his team mates and coaches. I love the guy on the field, but I really believe he's going to mirror TO for his entire career and never commit to being on a TEAM.

TotallyScrewed
03-27-2010, 09:19 AM
Ummm, all evidence to the contrary.

Outside of the Skins game, Marshall isn't exactly known for stretching the field. He probably catches 90% of his passes within 5-10 yards of the LOS, so the guys defending him rarely leave "the box" as it is. Royal and Gaffney both run deeper routes far more regularly than him.

There's a difference between stacking the box, which, I believe, ends at the TE position, and having a corner playing bump and run on a wide receiver. While the corner may blitz, that's a rare event and not stacking the line regularly to stop the run.

Surely, you're not going to compare the productivity of Gaffney and Royal to Marshall?

I'm not so sure about your statistic either 5-10?? I'd buy 5-15 yards but that's true for the vast major of number one receivers on any team. That's like saying that most automobile accidents occur within 20 miles of home...that's because the vehicle is usually within 20 miles of home, it's not that it is more dangerous or you're more careless near your house.

Dedhed
03-27-2010, 09:21 AM
That's total conjecture. Why hasn't Doom been offered or even called into a meeting with another team? Does that mean that he's not worth anything? Is Doom going to sign anything that flies his way?

I'm not so sure about McD...we'll have to wait some more.

Well, Doom was tendered higher than Marshall.

TotallyScrewed
03-27-2010, 09:26 AM

No argument there...

I'm just pointing out that Bowlen's success or lack of success is tied to the team and coaches. We given the players and coaches their due, good or bad. Bowlen gets his too...good or bad...tied to team performance. He has a huge impact on what happens or doesn't happen.

tsiguy96
03-27-2010, 09:32 AM
No argument there...

I'm just pointing out that Bowlen's success or lack of success is tied to the team and coaches. We given the players and coaches their due, good or bad. Bowlen gets his too...good or bad...tied to team performance. He has a huge impact on what happens or doesn't happen.

every owners success is tied to teh team and coaches, what a dumb thing to say. the owner isnt out there coaching, the owners job is to provide the coaches and players with everything they need to succeed, and bowlen is historically good at that.

TotallyScrewed
03-27-2010, 09:32 AM
I know what his point was, but the office analogy still doesn't work.

There are very legitimate reasons why he is underpaid, and they're all Marshall's fault.

The Broncos would have paid Brandon huge money already if he was Larry Fitzgerald off the field.

One of my least favorite things in the world is when people whine about getting exactly what they deserve. Brandon deserves to be underpaid because his actions make him a risky proposition. That is his fault.

The fact that he doesn't get that suggests to me that he will be accountable to his team mates and coaches. I love the guy on the field, but I really believe he's going to mirror TO for his entire career and never commit to being on a TEAM.

More conjecture...you don't know what he gets or doesn't get. Did TO get paid? Did TO make an impact?

And, IMHO, Brandon hasn't come close to being a TO type of problem.

Further, this is more about the collective bargaining agreement than BM. Once that is settled, a lot of contracts will follow.

TotallyScrewed
03-27-2010, 09:35 AM
Well, Doom was tendered higher than Marshall.

Again...who else (aside from Denver) has swapped a number one pick in this draft for ANY active player?

TotallyScrewed
03-27-2010, 09:41 AM
every owners success is tied to teh team and coaches, what a dumb thing to say. the owner isnt out there coaching, the owners job is to provide the coaches and players with everything they need to succeed, and bowlen is historically good at that.

Pot...Kettle.

Is the owner responsible for the coaches? Yes, to a degree. He has overall responsibility BUT often defers that to his staff. But it doesn't acquit him either if things go south.

I haven't bashed Bowlen any more or less than he deserves. If the team wins, he gets the accolades. If the team loses, he gets a share of the blame. That's all...nothing more.

Comprehension skills needed?

Dedhed
03-27-2010, 09:43 AM
More conjecture...you don't know what he gets or doesn't get. Did TO get paid? Did TO make an impact?

And, IMHO, Brandon hasn't come close to being a TO type of problem.

Further, this is more about the collective bargaining agreement than BM. Once that is settled, a lot of contracts will follow.

It may be conjecture that the Broncos would have already paid him, but it seems like common sense to me that the contract he was offered last year would have had more guarantees if the FO wasn't concerned that he might be suspended for half the year with his next indiscretion.

It's also completely untrue that BM hasn't come close to being a TO type problem. TO has never done anything that the league has taken action against. Marshall has been suspended by both the team and the league, and is one incident away from being gone for a lengthy period of time. While TO has always been a distraction, he's never been in that position.

TO was paid, and has never won anything. Sure he made an impact, but you have to wonder if the negative impact of his distractions have always cancelled his positive impact on the field.

~Crash~
03-27-2010, 09:53 AM
has your buddy been arrested multiple times in the past few years?
Is the buddy one **** up away from having a very long suspension?
Did the buddy slice open his arm from slipping on a McDonalds wrapper?
Did the buddy punt the office printer when he didnt get his way?

If I got arrested multiple times in the span of a couple years and throw tantrums when I was angry I would not have a job

If you made your boss big money oh yes you would keep your job.:thanku:. Start being something of value dip stick....also stop acting like you can go to the 7 11 and pick up a big gulp and a 6 pack of Marshall you kind of sound silly .

also you as a boss should try to do right by that said person by still working the deal so if that said person does get into trouble we are protected .

that can be done yearly with bonuses and pay . but at some point yes there is risk .Marshall is worth the risk of yearly type contracts.

TotallyScrewed
03-27-2010, 09:54 AM
It may be conjecture that the Broncos would have already paid him, but it seems like common sense to me that the contract he was offered last year would have had more guarantees if the FO wasn't concerned that he might be suspended for half the year with his next indiscretion.

It's also completely untrue that BM hasn't come close to being a TO type problem. TO has never done anything that the league has taken action against. Marshall has been suspended by both the team and the league, and is one incident away from being gone for a lengthy period of time. While TO has always been a distraction, he's never been in that position.

TO was paid, and has never won anything. Sure he made an impact, but you have to wonder if the negative impact of his distractions have always cancelled his positive impact on the field.

TO has been suspended by his team(s), I think...

For conduct proven to be a "destructive and continuing threat" to his team, an arbitrator ruled Wednesday that the Eagles were justified in suspending their All-Pro receiver for four games.

And as far being a distraction...Marshall would need a lot more to be TO...

2000 - During an October contest in Dallas, Owens celebrated scoring a touchdown by running to midfield of Texas Stadium and posing on the star logo of the Cowboys. He later repeated his actions following another TD and was blindsided by the Cowboys' George Teague.

2001 - After blowing a 19-point lead in Chicago and losing in overtime, the disgruntled receiver accused head coach Steve Mariucci of protecting good friend Dick Jauron, head coach of the Bears.

2002 - In an October contest on Monday Night Football in Seattle, Owens pulled a 'Sharpie' marker out of his sock after catching a TD pass. He then proceeded to autograph the ball and hand it to his financial adviser sitting in an end zone luxury suite rented by Shawn Springs, the CB he had just beaten on the play.

2002 - After scoring a touchdown in a December contest with the Green Bay Packers, Owens celebrated with a pair of Pom-Poms borrowed from a 49ers cheerleader.

2003 - Following a bumpy season that included several sideline tirades by Owens, he and the team decided to part ways.

2004 - Owens’ agent failed to meet a free agency deadline in March, making him ineligible to become a free agent. Because they retained his rights, the 49ers then traded him to the Baltimore Ravens, but Owens refused to report to his new team. He expressed his desire to play in Philadelphia, and filed a grievance, claiming he should be granted free agency. After a series of negotiations, a deal was worked out between the three teams which sent Owens to Philadelphia where he signed a seven-year, $49 million deal against the advice of the players’ union.

2004 - In an interview with Playboy magazine, Owens hinted that ex-teammate Jeff Garcia was gay, a claim he later recanted.

2004 - In a November contest with the Baltimore Ravens, after scoring a touchdown, Owens openly mocked Ray Lewis by performing the middle linebacker’s trademark celebration dance.

2004 - In a Monday Night contest later that month, Owens appeared in a controversial skit to kick off the network’s presentation of the game which resulted in an FCC investigation.

2005 - Owens hired agent Drew Rosenhaus in April and announced he was not happy with his contract. He also tells CNBC that, despite making $7.5 million in 2004, he needs a new contract to “feed his family.”.

2005 - After hinting that he might hold out of training camp, Owens shows up with a bad attitude, refusing to acknowledge the media or speak to his teammates. After a confrontation with head coach Andy Reid, he was suspended for one week.

2005 - During an interview with ESPN's Graham Bensinger on November 3, Owens took shots at the Eagles franchise for not publicly recognizing his 100th touchdown catch. During the interview he stated the Eagles showed a "lack of class". He also suggested the Eagles would be better off with Packers QB Brett Favre instead of Donovan McNabb.

2005 - On November 4, Owens issued a half-hearted apology through the media, but failed to deliver comments regarding Donovan McNabb, which head coach Andy Reid insisted he include.

2005 - Owens was suspended November 5 by the Eagles for the club's contest against the Washington Redskins on November 6.

2005 - On November 7, Owens' suspension was stretched to four games, and head coach Andy Reid added that Owens would not play for the remainder of the season.

2006 - On March 14, the Eagles cut Owens just one day before he was due a $5 million roster bonus.

2006 - On July 5, Owens released a tell-all book revealing his side of the story associated with his time in Philadelphia.

2006 - On July 13, Owens claimed he was misquoted in his autobiography. Owens blamed the use of the word 'heroic" in association with his return for Super Bowl XXXIX on his co-author.

2006 - On August 3, Owens missed the first of 14 consecutive days of practice because of a hamstring problem despite an MRI two days later revealing no major problems. After returning to practice for several days, Owens claimed he re-aggravated the injury because his coaches pushed him back to the playing field too soon. This time he didn't return to practice until August 29.

2006 - On August 10, while still out with an injured hamstring, Owens drew attention to himself by wearing the silver and blue uniform of Lance Armstrong's Discovery Channel pro cycling team while riding a stationary bicycle on the sidelines.

2006 - On September 26, Owens was taken by ambulance to Baylor University Medical Center for what was thought to be a suicide attempt. The following day, Owens denied trying to kill himself, claiming a mixture of pain pills and supplements caused him to be "out of it" when talking to emergency respondents.

2006 - On October 11, Owens had a run-in with receivers coach Todd Haley. After being chastised for showing up late for practice (he later explained he was in the bathroom), Owens and Haley tangled during a meeting later in the day.

2006 - On December 16, in a victory over the Atlanta Falcons, Owens spit in the face of cornerback DeAngelo Hall.

~Crash~
03-27-2010, 09:54 AM
People who complain about Bowlen as an owner simply have no clue. Bowlen cares about winning, is willing to pay to get his coach and FO the players they feel they need to make that happen, and let's the people he's hired do their jobs without meddling.

tell that to Dvile

Dedhed
03-27-2010, 09:59 AM
tell that to Dvile

Why?

Dedhed
03-27-2010, 10:08 AM

For conduct proven to be a "destructive and continuing threat" to his team, an arbitrator ruled Wednesday that the Eagles were justified in suspending their All-Pro receiver for four games.

2000 - During an October contest in Dallas, Owens celebrated scoring a touchdown by running to midfield of Texas Stadium and posing on the star logo of the Cowboys. He later repeated his actions following another TD and was blindsided by the Cowboys' George Teague.

2001 - After blowing a 19-point lead in Chicago and losing in overtime, the disgruntled receiver accused head coach Steve Mariucci of protecting good friend Dick Jauron, head coach of the Bears.

2002 - In an October contest on Monday Night Football in Seattle, Owens pulled a 'Sharpie' marker out of his sock after catching a TD pass. He then proceeded to autograph the ball and hand it to his financial adviser sitting in an end zone luxury suite rented by Shawn Springs, the CB he had just beaten on the play.

2002 - After scoring a touchdown in a December contest with the Green Bay Packers, Owens celebrated with a pair of Pom-Poms borrowed from a 49ers cheerleader.

2003 - Following a bumpy season that included several sideline tirades by Owens, he and the team decided to part ways.

2004 - Owens’ agent failed to meet a free agency deadline in March, making him ineligible to become a free agent. Because they retained his rights, the 49ers then traded him to the Baltimore Ravens, but Owens refused to report to his new team. He expressed his desire to play in Philadelphia, and filed a grievance, claiming he should be granted free agency. After a series of negotiations, a deal was worked out between the three teams which sent Owens to Philadelphia where he signed a seven-year, $49 million deal against the advice of the players’ union.

2004 - In an interview with Playboy magazine, Owens hinted that ex-teammate Jeff Garcia was gay, a claim he later recanted.

2004 - In a November contest with the Baltimore Ravens, after scoring a touchdown, Owens openly mocked Ray Lewis by performing the middle linebacker’s trademark celebration dance.

2004 - In a Monday Night contest later that month, Owens appeared in a controversial skit to kick off the network’s presentation of the game which resulted in an FCC investigation.

2005 - Owens hired agent Drew Rosenhaus in April and announced he was not happy with his contract. He also tells CNBC that, despite making $7.5 million in 2004, he needs a new contract to “feed his family.”.

2005 - After hinting that he might hold out of training camp, Owens shows up with a bad attitude, refusing to acknowledge the media or speak to his teammates. After a confrontation with head coach Andy Reid, he was suspended for one week.

2005 - During an interview with ESPN's Graham Bensinger on November 3, Owens took shots at the Eagles franchise for not publicly recognizing his 100th touchdown catch. During the interview he stated the Eagles showed a "lack of class". He also suggested the Eagles would be better off with Packers QB Brett Favre instead of Donovan McNabb.

2005 - On November 4, Owens issued a half-hearted apology through the media, but failed to deliver comments regarding Donovan McNabb, which head coach Andy Reid insisted he include.

2005 - Owens was suspended November 5 by the Eagles for the club's contest against the Washington Redskins on November 6.

2005 - On November 7, Owens' suspension was stretched to four games, and head coach Andy Reid added that Owens would not play for the remainder of the season.

2006 - On March 14, the Eagles cut Owens just one day before he was due a $5 million roster bonus.

2006 - On July 5, Owens released a tell-all book revealing his side of the story associated with his time in Philadelphia.

2006 - On July 13, Owens claimed he was misquoted in his autobiography. Owens blamed the use of the word 'heroic" in association with his return for Super Bowl XXXIX on his co-author.

2006 - On August 3, Owens missed the first of 14 consecutive days of practice because of a hamstring problem despite an MRI two days later revealing no major problems. After returning to practice for several days, Owens claimed he re-aggravated the injury because his coaches pushed him back to the playing field too soon. This time he didn't return to practice until August 29.

2006 - On August 10, while still out with an injured hamstring, Owens drew attention to himself by wearing the silver and blue uniform of Lance Armstrong's Discovery Channel pro cycling team while riding a stationary bicycle on the sidelines.

2006 - On September 26, Owens was taken by ambulance to Baylor University Medical Center for what was thought to be a suicide attempt. The following day, Owens denied trying to kill himself, claiming a mixture of pain pills and supplements caused him to be "out of it" when talking to emergency respondents.

2006 - On October 11, Owens had a run-in with receivers coach Todd Haley. After being chastised for showing up late for practice (he later explained he was in the bathroom), Owens and Haley tangled during a meeting later in the day.

2006 - On December 16, in a victory over the Atlanta Falcons, Owens spit in the face of cornerback DeAngelo Hall.Not a single police report, or action by the league that would keep him off the field.

BM's rap sheet with the law is longer than that, which, when combined with the fact that he's been suspended by both the league and his team, means that BM has 3 outfits who are likely to get serious with one more error in judgement.

All of TOs suspensions have been voluntary team sanctions. The NFL, the law, and the Broncos have their eye on BM, which makes him far riskier a bet than TO ever was.

~Crash~
03-27-2010, 10:12 AM
Before two years ago Bowlen was a 10 as a owner . With the scale being 10 as high as it gets.

Now I get what he is trying to do and I do not blame him I would do the same with what NE is pulling off, the cheap wins . but he is no longer the 10 as a owner .IMO

TotallyScrewed
03-27-2010, 10:16 AM
I've not seen Brandon's rap sheet. Could you post it and TO's?

Thanks!!

tsiguy96
03-27-2010, 10:19 AM
Before two years ago Bowlen was a 10 as a owner . With the scale being 10 as high as it gets.

Now I get what he is trying to do and I do not blame him I would do the same with what NE is pulling off, the cheap wins . but he is no longer the 10 as a owner .IMO

good thing your opinion doesnt mean anything, because youd be wrong. just because he fired the guy who had one playoff win over previous decade doesnt make him "not a 10"

Beantown Bronco
03-27-2010, 10:21 AM
There's a difference between stacking the box, which, I believe, ends at the TE position, and having a corner playing bump and run on a wide receiver. While the corner may blitz, that's a rare event and not stacking the line regularly to stop the run.

I, like 99% of the world, am referring to the safeties when I'm talking about stacking the box. Not the corners.

Surely, you're not going to compare the productivity of Gaffney and Royal to Marshall?

Nope. Read it again. I'm talking SOLELY the routes they run.

I'm not so sure about your statistic either 5-10?? I'd buy 5-15 yards but that's true for the vast major of number one receivers on any team.

My statistic is accurate. For his career, Marshall is averaging 12 yds per reception. That figure includes all of his yards after the catch. Unless you think that he is averaging LESS than 2 yards after each catch for his career, then it couldn't be more clear that he is almost exclusively running routes that are between 0-10 yds.

TotallyScrewed
03-27-2010, 10:36 AM
Here's what I found for Rap Sheets...(with a few other athlete's adventures for perspective):

Dallas Cowboys WR Terrell Owens was placed in the NFL's "reasonable cause" drug testing program according to ESPN.com. Though having never tested positive for any drug (at least one that was announced to the public) Owens is supposed to undergo more testing than usual due to this new status.

Denver Nuggets star Carmelo Anthony was arrested early in the morning on a suspected DUI. Reports say his car was spotted weaving and that he fail field sobreity tests.

San Diego Chargers LB Shawne Merriman was nominated for the NFL's defensive player of the year, even though he was one of just a handful of players suspended by the league for steroids.

Giants WR Plaxico Burress was indeed arrested for two gun related charges. The NFL allowed Burress to rejoin the Giants as soon as he was released from custody after posting bail.

Buffalo Bills RB Marshawn Lynch was arrested on felony possession of a concealed firearm. Little more is known at this time, but Lynch had been arrested in '08 for charges of hit-and-run for which he ultimately paid $100 for since the vicitim's injuries weren't serious.

What does the NFL's latest $100 million dollar man - Washington Redskins DT Albert Haynesworth - do for his first act with his new team? How about getting indicted for two misdemeanor counts after nearly killing a man with his car? The incident in question occurred in December in which Haynesworth's car, travelling over 100 mph while weaving through highway traffic, clipped another man's car and sent it into the concrete median. That driver had to have hip replacement surgery and currently is unable to walk on his own. Meanwhile Haynesworth, who was busted previously for driving over 100 mph, is hailed as the Redskins' newest savior. Will the NFL dare to punish Haynesworth? Wait and see...

Denver Broncos WR Brandon Marshall was suspended for the first 3 games of the 2008 season for violating the NFL's "personal conduct code." Marshall had been arrested on 3 separate occasions between March 2007 and March 2008. The league does not require a conviction on any charge before suspending a player, and Marshall has yet to be convicted on any count. Denver Broncos WR Brandon Marshall's 3 game suspension was lowered to just one game. Commissioner Roger Goodell's crackdown on off-the-field incidents is officially over (like it ever began). Denver Broncos WR Brandon Marshall was officially charged with two counts of simple battery (against his ex-girlfriend) from his arrest back in March. The NFL reduced his recent suspension from 3 games down to 1, but now the NFL says it's "monitoring the situation" regarding Marshall, as if they intend to do anything further to him should he be found guilty of the charges.

Dedhed
03-27-2010, 10:36 AM
I've not seen Brandon's rap sheet. Could you post it and TO's?

Thanks!!
It's in another thread somewhere, and you can take the time to find it. It is as long as TOs, but instead of PR snafu's it is a list of police reports against Marshall.

Br0nc0Buster
03-27-2010, 10:51 AM
If you made your boss big money oh yes you would keep your job.:thanku:. Start being something of value dip stick....also stop acting like you can go to the 7 11 and pick up a big gulp and a 6 pack of Marshall you kind of sound silly .

also you as a boss should try to do right by that said person by still working the deal so if that said person does get into trouble we are protected .

that can be done yearly with bonuses and pay . but at some point yes there is risk .Marshall is worth the risk of yearly type contracts.

Marshall is a professional, he should behave accordingly
He cannot do whatever he wants just because he is a good player, if you think he can continue to break the rules without consequence you are naive

Marshall did this to himself, he isnt the victim

TotallyScrewed
03-27-2010, 10:52 AM
I, like 99% of the world, am referring to the safeties when I'm talking about stacking the box. Not the corners.

Nope. Read it again. I'm talking SOLELY the routes they run.

My statistic is accurate. For his career, Marshall is averaging 12 yds per reception. That figure includes all of his yards after the catch. Unless you think that he is averaging LESS than 2 yards after each catch for his career, then it couldn't be more clear that he is almost exclusively running routes that are between 0-10 yds.

Is the route selected by the receiver?

Is the pass target selected by the receiver?

Is the play timing selected by the receiver?

Do 99% of receiving yards equal the average receiving yards? Does it mean that they can't make longer receptions? Does it include all of the really short catches or even loses?

Larry Fitzgerald averages 13 yards per reception for his career. Reggie Wayne has averaged 12-13 yards per reception for his career. Brandon has averaged 12.3.

TotallyScrewed
03-27-2010, 10:53 AM
It's in another thread somewhere, and you can take the time to find it. It is as long as TOs, but instead of PR snafu's it is a list of police reports against Marshall.

Weak.

Dedhed
03-27-2010, 10:59 AM
Weak.

As is your attempt to argue that Marshall isn't riskier than TO.

TotallyScrewed
03-27-2010, 07:45 PM
As is your attempt to argue that Marshall isn't riskier than TO.

Wrong. I totally supported my claim.

You...were wrong and offered a weak...my proof was/is somewhere around this bulletin board...if you want to look.

snowspot66
03-27-2010, 08:20 PM

The guy had two years left on his contract. How is that in anyway the same?

baja
03-27-2010, 08:28 PM

Does your buddy pose the same risk to the company you do?

Dedhed
03-27-2010, 08:29 PM
Wrong. I totally supported my claim.

You...were wrong and offered a weak...my proof was/is somewhere around this bulletin board...if you want to look.Will someone please show this clown Marshall's rap sheet from the other thread, I can't find it.

Tombstone RJ
03-27-2010, 09:05 PM

Uh, no dude. You couldn't.

Dedhed
03-27-2010, 10:03 PM

2006 - On December 16, in a victory over the Atlanta Falcons, Owens spit in the face of cornerback DeAngelo Hall.
You asked for it: TO is a choir boy in comparison.

Oct. 31, 2004: During his junior year at the University of Central Florida, Brandon Marshall faced misdemeanor charges of trespass, resisting arrest without violence, disorderly conduct, refusal to obey and assault on a police officer after an argument with an off-duty Florida Highway Patrol officer turned heated at an Orlando Denny's restaurant. According to the off-duty officer, Marshall, who'd been asked to leave the restaurant for creating a disturbance, accused the officer and the restaurant manager of being "racist," threatened to sue Denny's and the Florida Highway Patrol and said he was "a star and a well-known athlete." Marshall screamed profanities and locked his fists as if he were preparing to strike the officer, according to the report. The charges were later dismissed.

April 8, 2005: Marshall was charged with retail theft, a misdemeanor, after trying to return a stolen set of bed sheets, valued at $19.99, to a Burlington Coat Factory, according to a police report of the incident. The charge was later dropped.

April 2006: Marshall was drafted by the Broncos in the fourth round of the NFL draft, No. 119 overall.

June 17, 2006: Conflicting police reports from Marshall and Rasheedah Watley were filed with the Orange County, Fla., Sheriff's Department. Marshall told police that Watley became violent after seeing him earlier that evening as the object of another woman's affection. Marshall described Watley to police as an old family friend and told police that Watley punched him and scratched his chest after an argument inside the couple's Orlando apartment spiraled out of control. Watley, who filed a police report by phone from Atlanta three days after the incident, told Florida police that Marshall was the aggressor, and that he slapped her in the face, grabbed her by the arms and pushed her to the ground, and that Marshall's sister, London, who was also present during the fight, cut Watley above her eye by throwing a cell phone or remote control at her face. No charges were ever filed.

Dec. 31, 2006: Marshall and several Broncos teammates were present at "The Shelter," a nightclub in Denver's LoDo section, as part of a birthday celebration for Denver Nuggets forward Kenyon Martin. Former Broncos wide receiver Javon Walker later told HBO's "Real Sports" that an argument broke out at the club when Marshall and his cousin sprayed champagne on another club patron and his friend. The men, who argued with Marshall and his cousin, were then asked to leave the club, Walker told HBO. Walker admitted he didn't see the encounter. According to media reports, around closing time, Marshall and his cousin were seen on the sidewalk outside the club arguing with the patrons who had been ejected from the club earlier that night. Walker told HBO that he believes the argument contributed to a drive-by shooting a short time later that killed Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams.

Jan. 24, 2007: Police responded to a parking lot outside an Orlando bowling alley where Marshall and his father had a heated argument. According to a police report of the incident, Frederick Marshall said his son took out a handgun and fired one shot at him after the two men argued. Frederick Marshall, who refused to sign a sworn statement or press charges, said his son left the area after firing the handgun. Several witnesses said they never heard gunshots, according to the police report. While officers spoke with Frederick Marshall that evening, Brandon Marshall returned to the parking lot and provided his own statement. Brandon Marshall told police that his father had asked him for money earlier that night and that when he said "no," Frederick Marshall left the bowling alley in anger, broke a beer bottle on Brandon Marshall's vehicle and then tried to run down Brandon Marshall with his car, forcing him to jump between two vehicles in the parking lot to avoid getting hit, according to the report. Frederick Marshall also threatened to "ruin [Brandon's] professional football career," according to the police report. Brandon Marshall also declined to press charges.

March 18, 2007: Atlanta police responded to a domestic dispute call at the Westin Peachtree hotel. Watley told officers that after meeting Marshall at the hotel that night, he became enraged after he went through her cell phone call list and noticed she'd been speaking with an ex-boyfriend. Watley told police Marshall hit her repeatedly with a closed fist. While she refused medical attention, police noticed a large, dark-colored bruise on Watley's chin. Police reported seeing Marshall in the lobby of a neighboring hotel but, according to the report, Marshall left and was not arrested. Police advised Watley to take out a warrant for Marshall's arrest, but Watley never did. No charges were ever filed.

March 21, 2007: Watley filed a report with police in Boca Raton, Fla. Watley and Marshall, who were staying in south Florida with Marshall's uncle, told police that an argument started that night at a local restaurant after Marshall refused to ask Watley to marry him. According to a police report, while Watley was walking home, Marshall grabbed a large pipe from a construction site and hit the ground with it in frustration. Nobody was hurt. Police characterized the incident as a verbal domestic dispute. No charges were filed.

March 26, 2007: Police in Douglas County, Colo., arrested Marshall for false imprisonment and domestic violence. Watley told "Outside the Lines" she was assaulted by Marshall a day earlier at Marshall's suburban Denver home -- she never reported that incident to police -- and that she was attempting to fly back to Atlanta to get away from Marshall. Watley told police she and Marshall argued at the Denver airport and that she later agreed to return to Marshall's home. Watley told police when she attempted to leave Marshall's home a second time, Marshall followed her taxi and, at one point, blocked its path with his Dodge Charger, leapt from his car and punched the taxi cab's windows. When contacted by "Outside the Lines," the cab driver confirmed Watley's version of events. Marshall denied punching the taxi cab's windows and later told police he was only trying to retrieve his cell phone, which he said Watley had taken from him.

May 25, 2007: Charges against Marshall relating to his arrest in Douglas County, Colo., were dismissed after he successfully completed anger management classes.

June 8, 2007: Police responded to Marshall and Watley's Atlanta condo at 5 a.m. and found Watley with a noticeable cut on her right thigh. Watley initially told officers that she accidentally cut herself with a kitchen knife. Watley told the first officer to arrive that while she had argued with Marshall earlier that evening, no physical abuse occurred. Marshall was not present. Roughly an hour later, at 6:07 a.m., police were dispatched to the condo a second time. On this second visit Watley told police that Marshall did indeed cut her thigh with a kitchen knife during a fight earlier that evening and that he later returned to the condo and continued to assault Watley by punching her in the forehead. Watley's friend, Kristeena Spivey, told police that while she was attempting to drive Watley from the condo complex, she noticed Marshall attempting to leave the scene. Spivey, who called 911 to make officers aware of Marshall's whereabouts, said when she attempted to block Marshall's exit from the parking lot with her vehicle, Marshall rammed her car with his Cadillac Escalade and then left his SUV and threw a large rock at the passenger side of Spivey's car. Marshall fled the scene before police arrived, according to Spivey and Watley. Watley was taken to Grady Memorial Hospital for treatment. No charges were ever filed.

June 30, 2007: Atlanta police responded to a fight-in-progress call at Marshall and Watley's condo. Watley told police that a fight broke out after Marshall missed a flight and blamed Watley. Watley told police Marshall struck her with a closed fist and choked her. Watley had a bruise on her left eye and noticeable scratches on her body, according to a police report of the incident. Officers made Watley aware of the procedures to obtain a restraining order. No charges were filed.

Oct. 22, 2007: Hours after defeating the Pittsburgh Steelers, Marshall was cited at 2 a.m. by Denver police for driving under the influence after he was seen driving erratically. His blood-alcohol level was 0.116 (the legal limit for DUI in Colorado is 0.08).

Jan. 18, 2008: Watley obtained a temporary protective order against Marshall in Fulton County (Ga.) Superior Court. At the time, Marshall was forbidden to come within 200 yards of Watley. Watley, through her attorneys, eventually agreed to lift the court order.

Feb. 18, 2008: Watley told "Outside the Lines" that as part of a Valentine's Day present, and in an attempt to repair their relationship, Marshall surprised her with a last-minute trip to San Juan, Puerto Rico. While on that trip, Watley said, Marshall argued with her about an ex-boyfriend. Watley said Marshall assaulted her at San Juan's Condado Plaza Hotel, hitting her in the mouth, which caused her to bleed, and choking her on the bed. A report was filed by police saying officers were called to the hotel to help hotel security escort guests from the property. The report does not mention Watley, Marshall or any details of the incident.

March 4, 2008: Police responded around 9 p.m. to a fight call at Marshall and Watley's Atlanta condo and found Marshall bleeding from his hand. Marshall initially told police that during an argument with Watley, one of Watley's sisters cut him on his hand with a knife. When asked by police who had the knife, Marshall then told officers there was no knife, and that he'd been cut on glass during a fight with Watley. Watley told police that Marshall became upset after finding text messages from an ex-boyfriend on Watley's phone. Watley had several cuts on her lips, according to a police report, and told officers that Marshall had grabbed her by the head and slapped her. While police were interviewing Watley, Marshall fled, according to a report of the incident.

March 5, 2008: Police returned to Marshall and Watley's condo around 1 a.m. Watley and her sister both told police that after the fight earlier that same evening, Marshall returned to the condo, took Watley's purse and threw her personal belongings, including clothing, off of the 20th floor balcony. Police told Watley to leave the residence, but she declined and explained that she feared Marshall would return again once officers left and damage more of her property.

March 5, 2008: Watley obtained her second temporary protective order against Marshall in Fulton County Superior Court. Marshall was once again forbidden by the court order to come within 200 yards of Watley.

May 5, 2008: Atlanta police were called once again to the condo Watley shared for more than a year with Marshall. According to a police report, Watley and Marshall's mother argued about Watley's attempt to remove items from the condo. No charges were filed.

Aug. 5, 2008: The NFL released a statement announcing that Marshall would be suspended without pay for the Broncos' first three regular-season games of 2008 for violating the NFL personal conduct policy. The statement noted that "if Marshall fully complies with required counseling and other conditions of the suspension, Commissioner Goodell will consider reducing the suspension to two games."

Aug. 28, 2008: Less than a month after the NFL released a statement announcing Marshall's suspension, the league released another statement saying Marshall's suspension had been reduced upon appeal to one game without pay plus an additional fine of one game check. An NFL spokesman told ESPN "a potential reduction in [Marshall's] initial three-game suspension was always contemplated if he complied with required counseling and other conditions of the suspension." The spokesman would not elaborate on the precise conditions Marshall met to have his suspension reduced.

Sept. 10, 2008: Marshall was charged with two misdemeanor counts of simple battery as a result of the incident the previous March (his formal bond arraignment was Nov. 3, 2008). Simple battery, according to the Fulton County District Attorney's office, is punishable by up to one year in jail and/or a $1,000 fine.

Sept. 12, 2008: Nearly a year after being cited for DUI in Denver, Marshall pleaded guilty to the lesser offense of driving while ability-impaired. He was sentenced to one year of probation.

Feb. 5, 2009: While attending a dinner party in Honolulu as part of his Pro Bowl appearance, Marshall proposed to Michi Nogami-Campbell. Marshall told the Denver Post he met Nogami-Campbell while the two attended the University of Central Florida. The engagement prompted several sports writers to praise what they characterized as Marshall's maturity.

March 1, 2009: Marshall and his fiancée, Nogami-Campbell, were seen by an off-duty Atlanta police officer arguing outside the same Atlanta condo Marshall once shared with Watley. According to a police report of the incident, the off-duty officer saw Marshall and Nogami-Campbell kicking and punching one another on the sidewalk outside the condo building. The off-duty officer said she saw Marshall grab Nogami-Campbell by the shirt and pin her up against the wall. Nogami-Campbell continued to kick and hit Marshall, the officer said. Both Marshall and Nogami-Campbell were arrested and taken to the Atlanta City Jail. They were released later that same day and charges were dismissed. In a statement to ESPN, the NFL said the incident remains "under review."

kupesdad
03-28-2010, 12:28 PM
Wow.

You're a ****ing idiot.

You haven't a clue with regards to Chris' health... to be honest the reason he signed is because being away from the team does not help his game, he was bored training by himself and the Broncos facility is sooooo much better than 24Hour Gym.... Let's get real...more than likely he was going to be a Bronco next year anyway, he lives in Denver- even during the offseason-he likes being a Bronco and his health has been fine for MONTHS regardless of the knuckleheads that say he played like he was hurt at the end of the season. The O-line had their issues but Chris being injured was it for a short time

SouthStndJunkie
03-28-2010, 12:54 PM

I disagree with this.

Bowlen owns the team, he is the ultimate decision maker.

If the team does not win, he deserves criticism along with everyone else.

As a stakeholder (fan and season ticket holder), I feel that the owner of the company is open to critique when things aren't going smoothly.

That said, Pat Bowlen has been an excellent owner over the years, but I feel he mishandled some things in the past year....which I'm not going to go over again and again.

Ultimately, if we continue on the course of mediocrity, Bowlen deserves to be second guessed. If we win, he deserves the praise.

Dagmar
03-28-2010, 12:59 PM
You're a ****ing idiot.

You were just ****ing owned by a father of a player you libeled. It's time to stop.

Dedhed
03-28-2010, 06:50 PM
Shocking that there hasn't been a response from TotallyScrewed since I showed him the evidence.

prodigalson139
03-28-2010, 06:56 PM
You were just ****ing owned by a father of a player you libeled. It's time to stop.

This. PERIOD.

tsiguy96
03-28-2010, 07:02 PM
You haven't a clue with regards to Chris' health... to be honest the reason he signed is because being away from the team does not help his game, he was bored training by himself and the Broncos facility is sooooo much better than 24Hour Gym.... Let's get real...more than likely he was going to be a Bronco next year anyway, he lives in Denver- even during the offseason-he likes being a Bronco and his health has been fine for MONTHS regardless of the knuckleheads that say he played like he was hurt at the end of the season. The O-line had their issues but Chris being injured was it for a short time

ive heard some great stuff about the broncos training these last few weeks, any sort of late season problems will NOT be due to conditioning. from what i understand, tuten is getting a bit more free range to do what he does best.

TotallyScrewed
03-28-2010, 07:29 PM
You asked for it: TO is a choir boy in comparison.

Oct. 31, 2004: The charges were later dismissed.

April 8, 2005: The charge was later dropped.

April 2006: Marshall was drafted by the Broncos in the fourth round of the NFL draft, No. 119 overall.

June 17, 2006: No charges were ever filed.

Dec. 31, 2006: Walker admitted he didn't see the encounter.

Jan. 24, 2007: Frederick Marshall, who refused to sign a sworn statement or press charges. Brandon Marshall also declined to press charges.

March 18, 2007: No charges were ever filed.

March 21, 2007: No charges were filed.

May 25, 2007: Charges against Marshall relating to his arrest in Douglas County, Colo., were dismissed after he successfully completed anger management classes.

June 8, 2007: No charges were ever filed.

June 30, 2007: No charges were filed.

Oct. 22, 2007: Hours after defeating the Pittsburgh Steelers, Marshall was cited at 2 a.m. by Denver police for driving under the influence after he was seen driving erratically. His blood-alcohol level was 0.116 (the legal limit for DUI in Colorado is 0.08).

Jan. 18, 2008: Watley, through her attorneys, eventually agreed to lift the court order.

Feb. 18, 2008: The report does not mention Watley, Marshall or any details of the incident.

March 4, 2008: Marshall fled, according to a report of the incident.

March 5, 2008: but she declined and explained that she feared Marshall would return again once officers left and damage more of her property.

March 5, 2008: Watley obtained her second temporary protective order against Marshall in Fulton County Superior Court. Marshall was once again forbidden by the court order to come within 200 yards of Watley.

May 5, 2008: No charges were filed.

Aug. 5, 2008: The NFL released a statement announcing that Marshall would be suspended without pay for the Broncos' first three regular-season games of 2008 for violating the NFL personal conduct policy. The statement noted that "if Marshall fully complies with required counseling and other conditions of the suspension, Commissioner Goodell will consider reducing the suspension to two games."

Aug. 28, 2008: Less than a month after the NFL released a statement announcing Marshall's suspension, the league released another statement saying Marshall's suspension had been reduced upon appeal to one game without pay plus an additional fine of one game check. An NFL spokesman told ESPN "a potential reduction in [Marshall's] initial three-game suspension was always contemplated if he complied with required counseling and other conditions of the suspension." The spokesman would not elaborate on the precise conditions Marshall met to have his suspension reduced.

Sept. 10, 2008: Marshall was charged with two misdemeanor counts of simple battery as a result of the incident the previous March (his formal bond arraignment was Nov. 3, 2008). Simple battery, according to the Fulton County District Attorney's office, is punishable by up to one year in jail and/or a $1,000 fine.

Sept. 12, 2008: Nearly a year after being cited for DUI in Denver, Marshall pleaded guilty to the lesser offense of driving while ability-impaired. He was sentenced to one year of probation.

Feb. 5, 2009: While attending a dinner party in Honolulu as part of his Pro Bowl appearance, Marshall proposed to Michi Nogami-Campbell. Marshall told the Denver Post he met Nogami-Campbell while the two attended the University of Central Florida. The engagement prompted several sports writers to praise what they characterized as Marshall's maturity. OMG!!!

March 1, 2009: Marshall and his fiancée, Nogami-Campbell, were seen by an off-duty Atlanta police officer arguing outside the same Atlanta condo Marshall once shared with Watley. According to a police report of the incident, the off-duty officer saw Marshall and Nogami-Campbell kicking and punching one another on the sidewalk outside the condo building. The off-duty officer said she saw Marshall grab Nogami-Campbell by the shirt and pin her up against the wall. Nogami-Campbell continued to kick and hit Marshall, the officer said. Both Marshall and Nogami-Campbell were arrested and taken to the Atlanta City Jail. They were released later that same day and charges were dismissed. In a statement to ESPN, the NFL said the incident remains "under review." Tough Love.

So he's no choirboy...well, maybe a Catholic choirboy. I see a lot of "No charges filed". And I've heard of his freaky relationships. Doesn't make him worse or better than TO. I've noticed that you refused to put up TO's RAP sheet but profess to be in the know. Whatever!

You have your opinion and that's all it is. Fair enough. Just say so!!

TotallyScrewed
03-28-2010, 07:32 PM
Shocking that there hasn't been a response from TotallyScrewed since I showed him the evidence.

Sorry that I've got a life but carry on with your butthurt vendetta.

Dedhed
03-28-2010, 07:33 PM
Tough Love.

So he's no choirboy...well, maybe a Catholic choirboy. I see a lot of "No charges filed". And I've heard of his freaky relationships. Doesn't make him worse or better than TO. I've noticed that you refused to put up TO's RAP sheet but profess to be in the know. Whatever!

Was there a charge filed for this brutal act:

Marshall is a riskier prospect than TO.

Dedhed
03-29-2010, 05:56 AM

The arrest reports are not my opinion.

Dedhed
03-29-2010, 08:29 PM
Bump to get some tools bumps off the front page

JCMElway
03-29-2010, 10:24 PM
Bump to clear out old BS

Bigdawg26
03-29-2010, 10:43 PM
April 8, 2005: Marshall was charged with retail theft, a misdemeanor, after trying to return a stolen set of bed sheets, valued at $19.99, to a Burlington Coat Factory, according to a police report of the incident. The charge was later dropped.

LOL!!! Hard times huh??