PDA

View Full Version : Don't be surprised if the Denver Broncos end up with the 6th pick (and 11th)

The MVPlaya
03-25-2010, 08:03 AM
I believe Seahawks really want Marshall and they're just trying to bring down the price for Marshall by playing soft and prolonging the situation.

There is no reason to go hard after Marshall ASAP, especially when there wasn't/isn't any other team as a threat to get Marshall... so it'd be the strategic thing to do to drag it until the draft to pin the Broncos into a decision.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if the Seahawks give up the 6th pick come draft day, and you best bet Broncos are definitely preparing for that situation.

Pete Carroll is a first year coach who hasn't accustomed to losing for the past decade, I can guarantee you that is what he's preaching right now in Seattle. He's going to do what he can do to have maximum success in 2010 as his first year, and there's nothing better than to get a proven elite WR in his offensive system. Jeremy Bates is probably in his ear about BM too.

In theory - Seahawks are organizing a full blown contract with Marshall that he will obviously have to agree on... this in itself will be a huge investment in money and time. When/if they do, Seahawks will have shown their hand at this point where they've gone out of their way to prepare and write up a huge contract for Marshall.

RFA ends a week before the draft, but I don't think it will make a difference if Seahawks really want him.

Come draft day or before the draft - if the Broncos make the Seahawks feel as if they have to give up the 6th, Seahawks will feel the pressure because they obviously want Marshall (at this point since they have a contract laid out).

And I hope Seahawks make a move out of desperation and give up the 6th. It doesn't look like they're going to draft a QB at this point. They'd be getting a long term elite WR for the 6th pick which would obviously be worth it if you're just looking at that alone.

If they're not getting a QB, you can argue they can pretty much get a similar position at 14... again the draft is always a risk. If they're planning to get a olineman, there will be some at 14 and later. If they want a safety, they'll miss on Berry but they might have Earl Thomas (who is projected to be better than Berry by some) and Taylor Mays (USC). If they're looking for McCoy, they could get Dan Williams at 14 (6th would probably be too low for McCoy and 14th might be too low for Dan so either way it's a risk). Unless their gunning for Haden, most the other positions will probably have good players at 14th.

The list goes on but the fact is if they're not getting a QB, 6th might be worth it for Marshall since they have a 14th. Seahawks will be trying to win THIS season with the Cards losing key players, making the Niners possible division favorites but not by far.

It would be pretty intense for a trade to happen on draft day - because if a trade were to happen Seahawks would have had to write him a contract already at THIS point (unless Seahawks run their s.hit fu.c.ked up which wouldn't be a surprise either), so they'd still be under the heat regardless.

Don't be surprised if we end up with the 6th. If Denver Broncos FO really don't want Marshall, they should be able to push the Seahawks up against the wall right when the Seahawks and Marshall agree on a contract.

This is pretty much the meter -

1. If we get a 6th, Seattle want him bad and paid full price.

2. If we get a 14th, Halfway point - Seattle wants him, Broncos want to get rid of him.

3. Anything less, Broncos want to get rid of him, PERIOD.

(if we get a first round - it just shows another half way point...if it's a low first we probably wanted to get rid of him regardless)

bronco militia
03-25-2010, 08:05 AM
I'll be stunned if any team gives up a #1 for BM

Tombstone RJ
03-25-2010, 08:06 AM
That'd be nice if you are correct.

The MVPlaya
03-25-2010, 08:12 AM
I'll be stunned if any team gives up a #1 for BM

Any team that would trade for Marshall would have to be very confident. Even if a team is giving up a 2nd, they'd have to take Marshall AND a new contract so they are going to a) write out a contract for Marshall right when they get him or b) take him raw and hope they can reach an agreement in contract later.

If you don't think Marshall and his agent won't play hard for the biggest contract for an NFL WR, just take a look at his stats.

The advantage for Seattle is, if Marshall actually wants out of the Denver, they can use this as leverage for their contract.

Popps
03-25-2010, 08:13 AM
Hope you're right, MVP... but I wonder if we really even want two picks that high. Seems to me like we'd almost rather take their 14 with extra compensation than take the 6 pick and pay more for essentially the same talent range.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-25-2010, 08:15 AM
Any team that would trade for Marshall would have to be very confident. Even if a team is giving up a 2nd, they'd have to take Marshall AND a new contract so they are going to a) write out a contract for Marshall right when they get him or b) take him raw and hope they can reach an agreement in contract later.

If you don't think Marshall and his agent won't play hard for the biggest contract for an NFL WR, just take a look at his stats.

The advantage for Seattle is, if Marshall actually wants out of the Denver, they can use this as leverage for their contract.

For the last time, NO TEAM HAS LEVERAGE. The broncos can very easily keep Marshall in Denver and he'll play hard. Why will he play hard? Because if he doesnt, he stands to lose MILLIONS. If teams are concerned about his character now, the best thing to do is play out his ****ty contract so he can earn a new one with a great year in which he stays out of the spotlight. Didnt you ever see Jerry Maguire?

The MVPlaya
03-25-2010, 08:19 AM
Hope you're right, MVP... but I wonder if we really even want two picks that high. Seems to me like we'd almost rather take their 14 with extra compensation than take the 6 pick and pay more for essentially the same talent range.

With Marshall gone that leaves us more money to spend elsewhere since we won't have to pay an Elite WR.

Like I said, I'm sure Broncos would probably want a 14th and extra picks but I highly doubt Seattle would give up extra picks as they sorely need them. Who knows though, Chicago obviously though giving up 2 firsts was a good idea.

This raises another scenario - Broncos can push the Seahawks to either a) 14th + an extra pick or just the 6th. At this point - I'm still inclined to believe Seattle would just give the 6th because unless their gunning for a QB or Haden, there are many players at 14. The pick obviously wouldn't have to be this year, so this would make sense too if Broncos can nail out a 14th pick + 3rd or 4th in 2011.

HorseHead
03-25-2010, 08:21 AM
Honestly, I can't wait for all of this s-it to be over with...part of me finds it interesting, part of me is burnt on it...

The MVPlaya
03-25-2010, 08:22 AM
For the last time, NO TEAM HAS LEVERAGE. The broncos can very easily keep Marshall in Denver and he'll play hard. Why will he play hard? Because if he doesnt, he stands to lose MILLIONS. If teams are concerned about his character now, the best thing to do is play out his ****ty contract so he can earn a new one with a great year in which he stays out of the spotlight. Didnt you ever see Jerry Maguire?

Wait, you just said no team has leverage -and you just went off to prove a point where it could be leverage for the Broncos? Broncos can easily leverage that over the Seahawks - pinning them that they don't need to give up Marshall so if they want him, they have to pay the price... is that not leverage?

Depending on how you're looking at it - if Marshall wants out of Denver bad Seahawks will have leverage on the CONTRACT (not the Broncos, just the contract), that was the point. This isn't a fact or solid statement, just a statement based on a situation.

If Marshall can reach an agreement with Seattle he can take one step closer to getting out of Denver whereas if he hopes for a trade on day 2 of the draft, he's slimming his chancing by a huge margin.

oubronco
03-25-2010, 08:28 AM
Honestly, I can't wait for all of this s-it to be over with...part of me finds it interesting, part of me is burnt on it...

If that isn't the truth

SoDak Bronco
03-25-2010, 08:35 AM
It seems since no other team has jumped into the fray with Brandon Marshall sweepstakes, Denver is going to be lucky to get #14 let alone 6. Right now the Broncos are holding all the cards, and it will be interesting to see who blinks first,Denver or Seattle? I do think Seattle really wants to get a top tier Tackle, and they'd be more likely to try and work a trade for 14 then give up 6. And honsetly, depending on how the chips fall, I think I'd rather have 14 then 6. Unless Berry were to fall to 6, the value will be at 14.

Dagmar
03-25-2010, 08:40 AM
I wish he would just stay and sign a mega contract that he earns based on his behavior. Too much to ask?

The MVPlaya
03-25-2010, 08:40 AM
It seems since no other team has jumped into the fray with Brandon Marshall sweepstakes, Denver is going to be lucky to get #14 let alone 6. Right now the Broncos are holding all the cards, and it will be interesting to see who blinks first,Denver or Seattle? I do think Seattle really wants to get a top tier Tackle, and they'd be more likely to try and work a trade for 14 then give up 6. And honsetly, depending on how the chips fall, I think I'd rather have 14 then 6. Unless Berry were to fall to 6, the value will be at 14.

Right now, Berry is out of the top 5 in many mocks and he is dropping more and more as the days go on. Top 5 picks are generally pretty accurate with the top mock drafters out there.

TheDave
03-25-2010, 08:45 AM
Were not getting the #6... If we were it would have already happened.

With no other teams jumping into this, seattle will just wait and hope we get nervous.

My hope is that McDaniels and Marshall can work together... Again.

The MVPlaya
03-25-2010, 08:49 AM
Were not getting the #6... If we were it would have already happened.

With no other teams jumping into this, seattle will just wait and hope we get nervous.

My hope is that McDaniels and Marshall can work together... Again.

It would have not have had happened. If we get the 6th it will not have had happened until draft day or near the draft - Marshall said himself he wouldn't be surprised if this process lasted until the draft.

Think about it - why would you give a 6th right off the bat with no other teams in contention? You can hope to lower the price by prolonging the situation and playing soft until the draft.

At this point, near the draft or by the time of the draft, it becomes less of pinning the Broncos and more of how bad you want Marshall and is he worth it to you.

In ANY situation, even the 14th pick, there is NO REASON for the Seahawks to get him now when they can wait.

TheDave
03-25-2010, 08:54 AM
It would have not have had happened. If we get the 6th it will not have had happened until draft day or near the draft - Marshall said himself he wouldn't be surprised if this process lasted until the draft.

Think about it - why would you give a 6th right off the bat with no other teams in contention? You can hope to lower the price by prolonging the situation and playing soft until the draft.

At this point, near the draft or by the time of the draft, it becomes less of pinning the Broncos and more of how bad you want Marshall and is he worth it to you.

In ANY situation, even the 14th pick, there is NO REASON for the Seahawks to get him now when they can wait.

RFA period ends a week before the draft... Point being you have about 3 weeks for your fantasy to come true.

Like I said, it's not happening.

What will probably happen is someone like the jets will get into the mix in the next week or so. Marshall for the #29 is one hell of a good deal for them. Under those circumstances, I'd hope we match it.

The MVPlaya
03-25-2010, 09:00 AM
RFA period ends a week before the draft... Point being you have about 3 weeks for your fantasy to come true.

What will probably happen is someone like the jets will get into the mix in the next week or so. Marshall for the #29 is one hell of a good deal for them. Under those circumstances, I'd hope we match it.

lol even after RFA - it doesn't matter, if Seahawks really want Marshall (which is an understanding and the full BASIS of this whole idea or "fantasy") they will still be pinned regardless.

You're right - anything that happens goes pretty much unpredicted.

Hoosier Bronco
03-25-2010, 09:00 AM
Don't wait until the draft for Seattle to offer a second round pick. I hope the Broncos have offered Marshall for the 14th pick already, if they really don't want him on the team next year.

The Joker
03-25-2010, 09:02 AM
If someone offers him a big contract, no way in hell we match IMO.

I really think that Denver wants to be rid of Marshall, hence the lower RFA tag. If someone signs him to an offer sheet, we will take the first round pick and move on.

I also would expect that the notion that we are not interested in a trade is BS, I would expect a team with a high 2nd might be able to get him if they throw in another pick on top of it.

Only way Brandon is back is if nobody offers a trade we like, then we can have him back for another year at a cheap salary.

Tombstone RJ
03-25-2010, 09:06 AM

I really think that Denver wants to be rid of Marshall, hence the lower RFA tag. If someone signs him to an offer sheet, we will take the first round pick and move on.

I also would expect that the notion that we are not interested in a trade is BS, I would expect a team with a high 2nd might be able to get him if they throw in another pick on top of it.

Only way Brandon is back is if nobody offers a trade we like, then we can have him back for another year at a cheap salary.

I tend to agree. If another team comes along and offers the Broncos good compensation for Marshall, I think the Broncos take it. However, that compensation has to be more or less the equivolent of a first round pick IMHO. For example, perhaps a player and a 2nd for Marshall? Maybe a big interior olineman and a 2nd for Marshall? Something along those lines...

The MVPlaya
03-25-2010, 09:06 AM
It's easy to sit here and say it's not happening though - because without a doubt - the chances of me being right are pretty slim since the NFL and the future is always unpredictable. The whole idea is to just logically understand the situation and not be surprised by the outcome.

So, it's easy to say it's not happening - you working with the odds and you're stating the obvious. As a matter of fact - I can probably go into 99% of rumor threads , draft threads, mock draft threads, blogs, etc and say "it's not happening" and be right.

Step your game up, because in reality, you're not really bringing much.

oubronco
03-25-2010, 09:08 AM

In that scenario you expect BM to play all out for peanuts?

dbfan4life
03-25-2010, 09:09 AM
Anything less than a 1st for BM is robbery. Off field problems or not, you don't part with talent like that for anything less.

The MVPlaya
03-25-2010, 09:11 AM
This is pretty much the meter -

1. If we get a 6th, Seattle want him bad and paid full price.

2. If we get a 14th, Halfway point - Seattle wants him, Broncos want to get rid of him.

3. Anything less, Broncos want to get rid of him, PERIOD.

(if we get a first round - it just shows another half way point...if it's a low first we probably wanted to get rid of him regardless)

Rohirrim
03-25-2010, 09:12 AM
The Seahawks won't be the only players come draft day. Remember that.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-25-2010, 09:13 AM
Wait, you just said no team has leverage -and you just went off to prove a point where it could be leverage for the Broncos? Broncos can easily leverage that over the Seahawks - pinning them that they don't need to give up Marshall so if they want him, they have to pay the price... is that not leverage?

Depending on how you're looking at it - if Marshall wants out of Denver bad Seahawks will have leverage on the CONTRACT (not the Broncos, just the contract), that was the point. This isn't a fact or solid statement, just a statement based on a situation.

If Marshall can reach an agreement with Seattle he can take one step closer to getting out of Denver whereas if he hopes for a trade on day 2 of the draft, he's slimming his chancing by a huge margin.

Sorry, i meant no OTHER team has leverage. The only "leverage" seattle has is if they are willing to give up the 6th, which they are clearly not, because they would have done it already. Otherwise, they have NONE.

Beantown Bronco
03-25-2010, 09:13 AM

He wouldn't be playing hard during the 2010 season for the locked in RFA 2010 salary. He'd be playing hard in 2010 for the better chance at the big contract at the end of the season. He causes problems on the field, gets in legal trouble off the field, or simply tanks it this season and he will cost himself millions next year. You can bet his agent will be reminding him of this daily.

TheDave
03-25-2010, 09:16 AM
lol even after RFA - it doesn't matter, if Seahawks really want Marshall (which is an understanding and the full BASIS of this whole idea or "fantasy") they will still be pinned regardless.

You're right - anything that happens goes pretty much unpredicted.

Why would they wait until after the RFA period to offer the #6?

If they want him and think the #6 is fair compensation then you pull the trigger.

If we wait until draft day for something to happen plan on being offered a 2nd ala javon walker.

The Joker
03-25-2010, 09:16 AM

I don't "expect" anything out of a guy like Brandon Marshall.

Unless he's a complete idiot he'll go out there and play hard for his $2.5m worth of peanuts though. It'll be a contract year for him, and teams won't be falling over themselves to give a massive contract to a guy who spends the year dogging it and generally being a negative presence on the team.

Then again, he's proven on many occasions that he is in fact a complete idiot.

So who knows.

The MVPlaya
03-25-2010, 09:20 AM
Why would they wait until after the RFA period to offer the #6?

If they want him and think the #6 is fair compensation then you pull the trigger.

If we wait until draft day for something to happen plan on being offered a 2nd ala javon walker.

To prolong the situation to lower the price on Marshall... if they believe they can try and call a bluff on the Broncos they can wait until the very last second.

There is no reason to pull the trigger when you have an opportunity to lower the price.

It's a tough scenario - but I'm basing this all off the idea that Seattle REALLY wants Marshall.

So if we wait till draft day, I'd assume that 14th pick would still be on the table.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-25-2010, 09:21 AM
I'll tell you what you're gonna do.
Reject that ****ty contract.

Play out your existing contract,
and next year you're a free agent.

Baby, this is us. You and me.
We determine our worth.

You are a strong, proud,
surviving, splendid black man.

Marcee... you are the ****.

Tombstone RJ
03-25-2010, 09:24 AM
I'll tell you what you're gonna do.
Reject that ****ty contract.

Play out your existing contract,
and next year you're a free agent.

Baby, this is us. You and me.
We determine our worth.

You are a strong, proud,
surviving, splendid black man.

Marcee... you are the ****.

Bmarsh might have to back hand Marcee for taking that tone with him. He don't like uppidy women. :wiggle:

TheDave
03-25-2010, 09:26 AM
To prolong the situation to lower the price on Marshall... if they believe they can try and call a bluff on the Broncos they can wait until the very last second.

There is no reason to pull the trigger when you have an opportunity to lower the price.

It's a tough scenario - but I'm basing this all off the fact that Seattle REALLY wants Marshall.

So if we wait till draft day, I'd assume that 14th pick would still be on the table.

Look I understand you wanting to be optimistic about the situation, but you need to look at the facts.

Seattle is the only team talking to him. Not one other team has even scheduled a visit.

Between Marshall's off field issues, the up/down, suspended/not suspended relationship with denver, and the posession WR stigma... no one is interested.

I think it's pure fantasy to think seattle is going to dangle #6 or #14 on the table come draft day.

Hopefully the lack of interest has given Marshall another reality check, and maybe we can find a way of working with him. The fact is we are a better team with him, and if we want a chance at the playoffs we will need his help.

DBroncos4life
03-26-2010, 11:15 AM
I take it you must be Mr RD on the Broncos country board because he posted the exact same thing word for word there.

Frank Schwab - Broncos Beat Writer, Colorado Springs Gazette got a pretty good laugh at that post.

http://twitter.com/fs3142

Ziggy
03-26-2010, 11:37 AM
The idea that another team has to sign him to a big contract is a myth. Once BMarsh signs his tender, (and he may do so to be traded around draft day), another team can trade for him and have him at the tender price. They can then franchise him next season at around 10-11 million. That adds up to 13.5-14.5 million over 2 seasons. It's not a lot to pay for a top 5 WR, and protects a team against a cap hit should he get into more trouble. This scenario gives another team the choice sign him or make him play for the tender/franchise amount over the next 2 years, just like he will if he stays in Denver. Once the tender period ends, the interest in Marshall may go way up.

TheDave
03-26-2010, 11:49 AM
I take it you must be Mr RD on the Broncos country board because he posted the exact same thing word for word there.

Frank Schwab - Broncos Beat Writer, Colorado Springs Gazette got a pretty good laugh at that post.

The same thing is over at Broncos Forum... guess he wants to get a lot of opinions on his post. :yayaya:

DBroncos4life
03-26-2010, 11:53 AM
The same thing is over at Broncos Forum... guess he wants to get a lot of opinions on his post. :yayaya:
I guess so...;D

The MVPlaya
03-26-2010, 05:30 PM

Yeah - I actually talked to him through twitter if you look - it seems as if he was also confused at the "And 11th" pick thing.

Yeah - I do want opinions - Omane server was looking questionable...and I went on and posted it over at DB.com too.

All 3 forums have different types of users...

It seems as if most the people that are responding aren't actually grasping the post.

The MVPlaya
03-26-2010, 05:43 PM
Someone over at BF also brought up the point that another scenario would be for us to have 6th and 14th and Sea. gets 11th which would probably be more likely than my scenario.

watermock
03-26-2010, 06:34 PM

Why would either team jump in now if BM will be ufa in a month?

I didn't know BM would be UFA in a month.

Why would anyone drop their pants now?

Basically, Denver is forced to trade him before he becomes a UFA, or they get dick.

I've said all along we probably wind up with our 14 back.

Now it looks like a best case scenario.

watermock
03-26-2010, 06:37 PM
someone over at bf also brought up the point that another scenario would be for us to have 6th and 14th and sea. Gets 11th which would probably be more likely than my scenario.

wtf?

Wet Dreams?

Chris
03-26-2010, 06:45 PM
I wish he would just stay and sign a mega contract that he earns based on his behavior. Too much to ask?

We offered him that last summer and he declined.

The MVPlaya
03-26-2010, 07:03 PM
Why would either team jump in now if BM will be ufa in a month?

I didn't know BM would be UFA in a month.

Why would anyone drop their pants now?

Basically, Denver is forced to trade him before he becomes a UFA, or they get dick.

I've said all along we probably wind up with our 14 back.

Now it looks like a best case scenario.

Are you fuc.cin stupid?

I'm not going to even correct you on this post - I think this post pretty sums up what you are at Omane.

Dumb, retarded, and lack of any football insight on any level.

You and Dragster should lock hands - as you two are as dumb as they come.

You obviously have no idea what the **** you're talking about.

watermock
03-26-2010, 07:21 PM
Wow, you just realized Denver isn't going to get the #6?

Perhaps you hope we might get back the #14.

I'll guarantee this:

IF BM is an UFA 1 week from the draft, there is no reason for him to sign the tender or anyone to give an offersheet.

This is assuming BM becomes a FA 1 week from the draft.

The MVPlaya
03-26-2010, 07:26 PM

I'll guarantee this:

IF BM is an UFA 1 week from the draft, there is no reason for him to sign the tender or anyone to give an offersheet.

:spit::spit::spit:

Like I said, you have no fuccin idea what the hell you're talking about, just STOP.

Archer81
03-26-2010, 07:29 PM

I'll guarantee this:

BM does not become a UFA if he doesnt sign the tender. He remains a player whose rights belong to Denver.

:Broncos:

ZONA
03-26-2010, 07:30 PM
Anything less than a 1st for BM is robbery. Off field problems or not, you don't part with talent like that for anything less.

I hear ya. Alot of people here must think Josh is an idiot. Maybe Josh would rather move on and get rid of Marshall. But I doubt he wants to do this at the cost of losing value, which usually equates to wins in this league. Josh is not gonna just take any ole deal out there to move BM. Josh is like any other coach when it comes to winning. Coaches have to win or they are gone. You can't win when you ship a top 5 WR out to another team and get less in return. Not when you can just keep him for another year and then start this whole thing again if you want.

The MVPlaya
03-26-2010, 07:31 PM
BM does not become a UFA if he doesnt sign the tender. He remains a player whose rights belong to Denver.

Thanks for speaking for the 99.9% of people who actually know what's going on.

watermock football insight is worth a sack of ****... why do you even try to follow football?

I've said this before - mock and Drag both most likely have mental issues - seriously. Making up lies in your own fantasy worlds...

How the fucc can you be THAT stupid??? :rofl::rofl:

~Crash~
03-26-2010, 07:35 PM
Mike Shanahan said with a huge smile when asked about trading for Marshall to wait until draft day .

watermock
03-26-2010, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by TheDave

Ha!

Thanks Dave.

~Crash~
03-26-2010, 07:38 PM
Thanks for speaking for the 99.9% of people who actually know what's going on.

watermock football insight is worth a sack of ****... why do you even try to follow football?

I've said this before - mock and Drag both most likely have mental issues - seriously. Making up lies in your own fantasy worlds...

How the fucc can you be THAT stupid??? :rofl::rofl:

So are you now a big man ...keep talk down about people maybe you will look like a big man ..oops nope makes you look like a ****ing chump:wiggle:

The MVPlaya
03-26-2010, 07:38 PM
Ha!

Thanks Dave.

Don't blame Dave for you being a dumbass.

The MVPlaya
03-26-2010, 07:39 PM
So are you now a big man ...keep talk down about people maybe you will look like a big man ..oops nope makes you look like a ****ing chump:wiggle:

I'm speaking on the opinion of most of the omane.

Drag and Mock are probably the two most blocked people on this forum.

~Crash~
03-26-2010, 07:41 PM
I don't "expect" anything out of a guy like Brandon Marshall.

Unless he's a complete idiot he'll go out there and play hard for his $2.5m worth of peanuts though. It'll be a contract year for him, and teams won't be falling over themselves to give a massive contract to a guy who spends the year dogging it and generally being a negative presence on the team.

Then again, he's proven on many occasions that he is in fact a complete idiot.

So who knows.

so you think we do not have two differnt tags we will not use ?:P

watermock
03-26-2010, 07:42 PM
So if RFA ends 1 week before the draft, then what? What is he?

You tell me.

This is pretty thin ice Goodell is walking on.

Suppose BM won't sign the tender, what then?

~Crash~
03-26-2010, 07:43 PM
I'm speaking on the opinion of most of the omane.

Drag and Mock are probably the two most blocked people on this forum.

here is the deal block them and stop talking down about them . you look like a **** head doing what you just did .

watermock
03-26-2010, 07:47 PM
"The MVP Playa", McD is a genius, OK.

Archer81
03-26-2010, 07:47 PM

You tell me.

Then he sits for a year. Not getting paid, not playing and hurting his value.

~Crash~
03-26-2010, 07:48 PM

You tell me.

We still can trade him any time we like mock . As to what happens if I know right it become automatic . he is a bronco and must show up if does not he will take away what he is worth in a new contract .

~Crash~
03-26-2010, 07:49 PM
Then he sits for a year. Not getting paid, not playing and hurting his value.

no you are wrong he will play he stated to someone I know he plans on playing for the broncos at this pay if nothing happens.

Archer81
03-26-2010, 07:50 PM
no you are wrong he will play he stated to someone I know he plans on playing for the broncos at this pay if nothing happens.

Its my understanding he would have to sign the tender to play. If he doesnt, he doesnt play. He sits.

Broncos24
03-26-2010, 07:51 PM
How about Seattle 6th pick for Marshall and then we flip flop 11th for 14th pick.

Basically we trade Marshall and 11th pick for Seattle's 6th and 14 pick.

That way seattle just go down 5 picks down and they have Marshall.

We draft McCoy and Pouncey.

~Crash~
03-26-2010, 07:51 PM
thing is the Broncos hold all cards people are nuts if they think we do not .

~Crash~
03-26-2010, 07:52 PM
Its my understanding he would have to sign the tender to play. If he doesnt, he doesnt play. He sits.

he has stated he will be fine with playing for the broncos .

Archer81
03-26-2010, 07:53 PM
he has stated he will be fine with playing for the broncos .

With a contract...at the moment, he does not have one. If he signs the tender, then he is a player for the denver broncos, not a player whose rights belong to the team.

~Crash~
03-26-2010, 07:53 PM
I seen him state this also . then seen his text saying the same thing to a friend of mine that talks to him from time to time .

~Crash~
03-26-2010, 07:56 PM
With a contract...at the moment, he does not have one. If he signs the tender, then he is a player for the denver broncos, not a player whose rights belong to the team.

they gave him a contract . he just has not signed it is all nore has anyone else so stop with the drama I told you he is on record saying is going to play for the broncos this year .

~Crash~
03-26-2010, 07:58 PM
Go to NFL.net and hit the broncos video link he is close to the top stating he is going to play for the broncos this year .

Archer81
03-26-2010, 07:58 PM
they gave him a contract . he just has not signed it is all nore has anyone else so stop with the drama I told you he is on record saying is going to play for the broncos this year .

...There is a reason RFA's are not allowed at team functions during the offseason until they sign the tender. They have NO contract to play with that team. If Marshall signs either a new contract (multiple years, $ he is looking for) or the tender, then he is a full member of the Denver Broncos. If he does not get a new contract or sign the tender, then he sits. This is not the hardest concept to grasp.

~Crash~
03-26-2010, 08:01 PM
...There is a reason RFA's are not allowed at team functions during the offseason until they sign the tender. They have NO contract to play with that team. If Marshall signs either a new contract (multiple years, $ he is looking for) or the tender, then he is a full member of the Denver Broncos. If he does not get a new contract or sign the tender, then he sits. This is not the hardest concept to grasp.

lol you are full of **** this concept has never happened ever in the NFL ...but nice try :thumbs:

~Crash~
03-26-2010, 08:03 PM
I love that you ignore realty , it is so you and you wear it well .

Archer81
03-26-2010, 08:03 PM
lol you are full of **** this concept has never happened ever in the NFL ...but nice try :thumbs:

http://tinyurl.com/l4lzto

You are arguing something I am not asserting. Brandon says he'd play for the Broncos next year...if he 1. signs the tender or 2. gets a new deal. If he does neither, then he does not play for the Broncos next season. Does this compute?

~Crash~
03-26-2010, 08:05 PM
http://tinyurl.com/l4lzto

You are arguing something I am not asserting. Brandon says he'd play for the Broncos next year...if he 1. signs the tender or 2. gets a new deal. If he does neither, then he does not play for the Broncos next season. Does this compute?

Dood seek help you need it .drama queen

Punisher
03-26-2010, 08:06 PM
Trade a top 5 WR sounds like a good idea

Archer81
03-26-2010, 08:07 PM
Dood seek help you need it .drama queen

You cannot possibly be this dense on purpose.

~Crash~
03-26-2010, 08:09 PM
I told you Marshall plans on playing for the broncos and you ignore all of that and try to cross the T's and dot the i's..and I tell you he will because he has to . like I said you are a full scale drama Queen

~Crash~
03-26-2010, 08:11 PM
You cannot possibly be this dense on purpose.

so tell just how many RFA's that have sit out dip **** ? none I will help you .

Archer81
03-26-2010, 08:12 PM
so tell just how many RFA's that have sit out dip **** ? none I will help you .

You can admit you were wrong. I wont think any less of you then I already do.

CEH
03-26-2010, 08:13 PM
...There is a reason RFA's are not allowed at team functions during the offseason until they sign the tender. They have NO contract to play with that team. .

Just to clarify. Many players have covered themselves with an injury waiver
Kyle Orton is working out and has not signed his tender so there is nothing that prohibits a RFA from working out at OTAs

~Crash~
03-26-2010, 08:14 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d81632850

~Crash~
03-26-2010, 08:15 PM
You can admit you were wrong. I wont think any less of you then I already do.

I asked a simple question . notice he did not answer it .:P

~Crash~
03-26-2010, 08:17 PM
they sign the contract cause they have to.

Archer81
03-26-2010, 08:19 PM
I asked a simple question . notice he did not answer it .:P

You asked a rhetorical question, dip****.

Again, so you understand what I am saying. Until Brandon Marshall signs the tender, or gets a new contract he will not play for the Broncos next season. You completely argued the wrong facet of the discussion and then acted like a jackass when your incoherent ramblings were ignored. Reading comprehension wont kill you.

~Crash~
03-26-2010, 08:27 PM
You asked a rhetorical question, dip****.

Again, so you understand what I am saying. Until Brandon Marshall signs the tender, or gets a new contract he will not play for the Broncos next season. You completely argued the wrong facet of the discussion and then acted like a jackass when your incoherent ramblings were ignored. Reading comprehension wont kill you.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzHilarious!

Archer81
03-26-2010, 08:31 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzHilarious!

It must suck to be you.

watermock
03-26-2010, 08:34 PM
Remember, don't be surprised to see the Broncos get the #6 and 11.

~Crash~
03-26-2010, 08:44 PM
It must suck to be you.

you must be a scum bag lawyer.Hilarious! that would argue with a fence post about a technicality that never comes up for good reason . players have alway singed there contract and you look quite silly .:sunshine:

bigbucks24
03-26-2010, 09:14 PM

Dogging it and not playing hard will cost players millions of dollars, so no player in their right mind would do that, right? What about Brandon last year? Wasn't he in a contract year and didn't he dog it?

Do you honestly think that Brandon and McD can coexist? After what went down last year? And if Brandon signs the tender, do you honestly think he is going to play hard? Really?

And because of the drama that went on between Brandon and McD, I don't think there is one team in the league that believes that they want to play together. And that is a card that other teams hold.

Dagmar
03-26-2010, 09:21 PM
you must be a scum bag lawyer.Hilarious! that would argue with a fence post about a technicality that never comes up for good reason . players have alway singed there contract and you look quite silly .:sunshine:

Yes! I love it! Make Marshall SING for that contract!!

bigbucks24
03-26-2010, 09:27 PM
Let's try an anology. You own a refrigerator truck. You are not going to be in trucking anymore so you want the truck. Add to that, you can't afford to make the payments on the truck and the bank in ready to take the truck back. I need a truck because I have a load of lettuce that I need to move. If I don't get a truck, the lettuce will spoil and I will be out big bucks. In this case, we both hold "cards".
Your cards. You have a truck. I need to move my lettuce.
My cards. I have something to ship. You could lose the truck.

Bronco cards. They have BMarsh. Seattle wants BMarsh.
Seattle cards. They have draft pick. BMarsh and McD don't get along and they don't believe that the 2 can coexist.

See, both theam have cards. You might feel that the Broncos have a stronger hand, but both teams have cards. And the strength of the hand really depends on your opinion of how much BMarsh and McD don't like each other and can't work together. If you are of the opinion that BMarsh will realize the error of his ways and sign the tender and play his ass off and stay out of trouble and be a good soldier, they the Bronco's have a huge advantage. If you are of the belief that BMarsh is who he is and wants huge money guaranteed or he will dog it and McD is a dictator (like Bill B.) and is trying to make a statement about discipline and team, then Seattle holds an advantage. I happen to believe scenerio #2. I think Seattle doeesn't pay true value and Bronco fans are disappointed. But that is just my opinion.

watermock
03-26-2010, 09:37 PM
Marshall will be moved for the same reasons Cutler and Hillis were moved.

Beavis is using the anti-trust exemption like an idiot.

Given the Facist trend in goverment, I expect a long impass, regarding states rights.

These are events even greater than 1913.

Tombstone RJ
03-26-2010, 09:52 PM
Let's try an anology. You own a refrigerator truck. You are not going to be in trucking anymore so you want the truck. Add to that, you can't afford to make the payments on the truck and the bank in ready to take the truck back. I need a truck because I have a load of lettuce that I need to move. If I don't get a truck, the lettuce will spoil and I will be out big bucks. In this case, we both hold "cards".
Your cards. You have a truck. I need to move my lettuce.
My cards. I have something to ship. You could lose the truck.

Bronco cards. They have BMarsh. Seattle wants BMarsh.
Seattle cards. They have draft pick. BMarsh and McD don't get along and they don't believe that the 2 can coexist.

See, both theam have cards. You might feel that the Broncos have a stronger hand, but both teams have cards. And the strength of the hand really depends on your opinion of how much BMarsh and McD don't like each other and can't work together. If you are of the opinion that BMarsh will realize the error of his ways and sign the tender and play his ass off and stay out of trouble and be a good soldier, they the Bronco's have a huge advantage. If you are of the belief that BMarsh is who he is and wants huge money guaranteed or he will dog it and McD is a dictator (like Bill B.) and is trying to make a statement about discipline and team, then Seattle holds an advantage. I happen to believe scenerio #2. I think Seattle doeesn't pay true value and Bronco fans are disappointed. But that is just my opinion.

Did I really just read this? Wow, uh, I'm kinda zoning out...

Tombstone RJ
03-26-2010, 09:53 PM

Given the Facist trend in goverment, I expect a long impass, regarding states rights.

:thumbsup:

Your in rare form my friend...

That One Guy
03-26-2010, 10:48 PM
:thumbsup:

Your in rare form my friend...

Did he just comment on 4 different threads at once? What did Cutler being traded and 1913 have in common? That one made my head hurt.

Dagmar
03-26-2010, 11:10 PM

Oh.

Sweet.

Tap.

Dancing.

Christ.

watermock
03-27-2010, 12:32 AM
Whatever.

Live in the corporal/temporal world.

The MVPlaya
03-27-2010, 02:59 AM
sirhcyennek81, ignore Crash too, he's just as dumb as mock.

Crash, I can understand why you came in here and felt offended that I "talked down" to mock, you're just as stupid as he is.

Did you not realize this whole time that sirhcyennek81 was just answering mocks question? Are you REALLY that fuccin stupid?

I was confused as to why you went out of your way to tell sirhcyennek81 that Brandon would resign if he doesn't get a offer sheet, that's obvious, fucckin retard. No **** he won't sit out for a year - but that is HIS option if he doesn't sign with the Broncos after RFA is over ... DO YOU GET IT? That is ALL sirhcyennek81 was explaining... no one is sitting here saying Marshall will sit out a year - we don't need fantasy "sources" to tell us the obvious.

I'm confused on why SO many people can be THIS stupid... go ahead and change the subject because while I may have looked like a "chump" or "**** head" you went on to make yourself look like you stutter while reading Clifford the Big Red Dog. Hilarious!

Stupid fucc... you and mock belong together. Hilarious! IQ level in double digits.

broncsyanks
03-27-2010, 11:10 AM

agree here totally. theres nothing any1 can do about it. personally if seattle tries to negotiate. i tell them to walk. and be lucky we didnt throw the 3rd rounder as well for him. i prefer to sign marshall and shut him up.

baja
03-27-2010, 05:34 PM
i wish he would just stay and sign a mega contract that he earns based on his behavior. Too much to ask?

+1