PDA

View Full Version : Shanahan says Chicago will be "proud" of Cutler

dragondawg
03-24-2010, 10:56 PM
Redskins coach Mike Shanahan, in a Wednesday interview with The Waddle & Silvy Show of ESPN 1000 in Chicago, talked about his former quarterback in Denver, the man who's the current quarterback of the Bears.

And he said things that the folks in Chicago should be glad to hear, for the most part.

"I'm a Jay Cutler fan," Shanahan said. "I can just talk about what Jay Cutler did for Mike Shanahan not exactly his experience in Chicago. But [he's a] Pro Bowl player, [he] had a good supporting cast around him, [he's] a worker, very smart, handles himself like you want, I thought he was just getting better and better. Obviously there are going to be some road blocks for every quarterback in the league and he's going through a tough situation right now, but my opinion is he'll work through it and Chicago will be very proud to have him as their quarterback."

Shanahan also has no issue with Cutler's demeanor, which has been interpreted as aloof and nonchalant. "I like the way he handles himself," Shanahan said. "I like the way he competes, I like him in a day in day out basis and I think people will see his personality in time and I hope it's a short time with a little success."

Finally, Shanahan discussed the importance of having a strong supporting cast and a solid offensive system. "I don't care what quarterback you have, you have to have a good supporting cast and not only a good supporting cast but you got to have a system that really relates to the players and that's what you're working for as a head coach in the NFL, to put that all together," Shanahan said.

Of course, that will make some Bears fans wonder whether offensive coordinator Mike Martz will be using a "system that really relates to the players." Based on the system Martz has used in the past, it's possible that the answer is "no."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/24/shanahan-says-chicago-will-be-proud-of-cutler/

tsiguy96
03-24-2010, 10:59 PM
we are proud of him i know that!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5GJe-bkKxp4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5GJe-bkKxp4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Archer81
03-24-2010, 11:00 PM
Hmm...

Shanahan sowing the seeds to get Cutler from Chicago...

:Broncos:

Dagmar
03-24-2010, 11:00 PM
When I was in Chicago last year for a conference, they were so far from "proud" of the whiny mcinterception it was unreal.

Popps
03-24-2010, 11:03 PM
http://www.ghettowebmaster.com/images/epic-fail.jpg

watermock
03-24-2010, 11:03 PM
Martz better find a LT then some squirrels to throw to.

watermock
03-24-2010, 11:07 PM
Chicago made a huge mistake not waiting till 10 for his "bonus".

Kaylore
03-24-2010, 11:07 PM
We got our pick so I don't care what he does going forward.

bpc
03-24-2010, 11:08 PM
Didn't take long for the McD apologists to come out in full affect to despise their two least favorite Broncos.

Good job guys. You stay classy.

watermock
03-24-2010, 11:08 PM
We got our pick so I don't care what he does going forward.

Picks.

Not that we did anything with them.

Orton was good, but he will be gone soon.

Archer81
03-24-2010, 11:10 PM
Didn't take long for the McD apologists to come out in full affect to despise their two least favorite Broncos.

You too!

bpc
03-24-2010, 11:14 PM
You too!

I just think it's funny how some of you come out like jilted lovers just trying to put down Shanahan or Cutler.

If you're this bad now, I can't imagine how it will be if/when they have success.

Archer81
03-24-2010, 11:21 PM
I just think it's funny how some of you come out like jilted lovers just trying to put down Shanahan or Cutler.

If you're this bad now, I can't imagine how it will be if/when they have success.

Being that neither has anything to do with the Broncos, I dont necessarily care if Shanahan or Cutler are successful. So, when threads like this come up, I will mock or support whatever is said, regardless of how well they do in DC or Chicago or where ever else they end up.

Florida_Bronco
03-24-2010, 11:27 PM
"handles himself like you want"

Mike, if that's how you think a quarterback should handle himself, I just became even more grateful for Bowlen showing your ass the door.

Florida_Bronco
03-24-2010, 11:28 PM
I can't imagine how it will be if/when they have success.

If we're talking about Cutler, it's definitely "if".

~Crash~
03-24-2010, 11:47 PM
we are proud of him i know that!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5GJe-bkKxp4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5GJe-bkKxp4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

speak for you self putz

~Crash~
03-24-2010, 11:48 PM
If we're talking about Cutler, it's definitely "if".

says the man with quin as his avitarHilarious!

~Crash~
03-24-2010, 11:51 PM
Mike, if that's how you think a quarterback should handle himself, I just became even more grateful for Bowlen showing your ass the door.

You know I think you have no ****ing clue I seem to think Mike might have just a touch more info than you just a thought.

~Crash~
03-24-2010, 11:54 PM
also I would say the bears looked a hell of a lot better then the broncos at the end of the year they were hurting on the O line early on and there young WR's were getting better as the season progressed . I seem to recall just the opposite happening here in Denver .

Archer81
03-24-2010, 11:55 PM
also I would say the bears looked a hell of a lot better then the broncos at the end of the year they were hurting on the O line early on and there young WR's were getting better as the season progressed . I seem to recall just the opposite happening here in Denver .

Good thing we are Bear fans, huh?

Oh...wait...

~Crash~
03-24-2010, 11:58 PM
Good thing we are Bear fans, huh?

Oh...wait...

You know I am so ****ing sick of you jilted lovers . Get a ****ing grip ass hat .

Archer81
03-25-2010, 12:01 AM
You know I am so ****ing sick of you jilted lovers . Get a ****ing grip ass hat .

Grip of what? Is that a come on?

Seriously...I dont care about Shanny or EmoQB. Neither one has anything to do with the Denver Broncos, and when that happened I ceased to give a **** about what they do. I however reserve the right to mock EmoQB simply because I can.

Florida_Bronco
03-25-2010, 12:19 AM
You know I think you have no ****ing clue I seem to think Mike might have just a touch more info than you just a thought.

Except for the fact that, you know, Cutler took his little PR war with the Broncos public and all that.

Blueflame
03-25-2010, 12:20 AM
Good thing we are Patriot fans, huh?

Oh...wait...

Fixed it for you... hehehe...

~Crash~
03-25-2010, 12:22 AM
Grip of what? Is that a come on?

Seriously...I dont care about Shanny or EmoQB. Neither one has anything to do with the Denver Broncos, and when that happened I ceased to give a **** about what they do. I however reserve the right to mock EmoQB simply because I can.

Well that is fine enjoy but you look like a little person . I my self would rather talk football and talk up bronco players all of them even ones that don't work out yes Cutler needed to grow up but he is not the monster you SD fans oops I mean jilted lover bronco fans claim he is .

SoCalBronco
03-25-2010, 12:27 AM
I agree with his analysis. Give him some weapons to work with and a good system and you'll see his physical talent shine. That doesn't mean he won't make mistakes, but you'll see a pretty good QB on the whole. I hope they both do well next year. I would definitely like to see them both succeed.

Florida_Bronco
03-25-2010, 12:36 AM
yes Cutler needed to grow up but he is not the monster you SD fans oops I mean jilted lover bronco fans claim he is .

I don't think he's a monster, just a world class douche who tried to split our fanbase for his own personal gain after we had defended him for years even though he regularly choked under pressure.

baja
03-25-2010, 12:36 AM

Shanny moved up in the draft to get Cutler what else is he going to say, "I really screwed the pouch on that one Jay's a tool...."

Archer81
03-25-2010, 12:41 AM
Well that is fine enjoy but you look like a little person . I my self would rather talk football and talk up bronco players all of them even ones that don't work out yes Cutler needed to grow up but he is not the monster you SD fans oops I mean jilted lover bronco fans claim he is .

Uhh...Did you just call me a Charger fan?

TheReverend
03-25-2010, 12:57 AM

Yeah! What would Mike Shanahan know about quarterbacks?

worm
03-25-2010, 01:28 AM
I haven't heard Mike say one negative thing about the City of Denver, the Broncos ownership or any of their past players.

The guy is all class.

I for one will remember him as the coach that brought us two championships, prestige for the entire franchise and the best coach the Denver Broncos have ever had to this point.

Regardless of him no longer being part of this franchise he has more than earned the right for respect from Denver fans for his accomplishments.

SoCalBronco
03-25-2010, 01:47 AM
I haven't heard Mike say one negative thing about the City of Denver, the Broncos ownership or any of their past players.

The guy is all class.

I for one will remember him as the coach that brought us two championships, prestige for the entire franchise and the best coach the Denver Broncos have ever had to this point.

Regardless of him no longer being part of this franchise he has more than earned the right for respect from Denver fans for his accomplishments.

Great post. :strong:

Taco John
03-25-2010, 01:53 AM

The guy is all class.

http://classic17.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/captd3bb7ea9408641f5a878b0883cff0fe5broncos_shanah an_fired_football_ny160.jpg

Florida_Bronco
03-25-2010, 02:48 AM
Yeah! What would Mike Shanahan know about quarterbacks?

You know Rev, there was a time when there weren't too many people (if any) I'd put above Shanahan when it came to evaluating players, much less quarterbacks, but after the way he let the inmates run the asylum the last few years, well suffice it to say I'm glad to see him gone.

Hopefully getting canned was the reality check he needed and he was just going through the motions with his comments about Jay. I don't harbor any ill will towards Shanny and I hope he has success in Washington.

But **** Jay Cutler. He's still a douche and I hope he spends the rest of his career wallowing in mediocrity while never winning another meaningful game in his life.

chrisp
03-25-2010, 03:09 AM
If I'm honest, there is a part of me that wants Cutler to fail because then my team didn't lose a great quarterback. That's just gut feeling and fan instinct.

Thing is though, even if Cutler goes on to be a great QB in Chicago, we were still right to get rid of him. You cannot have the lunatics running the asylum, and coaches have to be free to consider all offers from other teams.

McD probably didn't handle it perfectly once it blew up, but Cutler forced him into a public confrontation over it, where he wanted McD to back down and say he wasn't tradeable. McD was prepared to say that Cutler was the QB, but NOT that he was above consideration for a trade.

In the end, Bowlen stepped in becuase he wanted the whole team to know that the coach was in charge and that no player, no matter who they were, was going to hold the coach to ransom. That's the way Bowlen wants his team run, and he thinks that that principle is way way way more important than ANY one player. People have called McD arrogant, but when you are both young and new in a leadership role, people WILL be more inclined to question your authority and try to push you around. Its vital that in those early days you don't allow that and are able to assert your authority, otherwise people will stop listening to you.

You could argue Bowlen handled things differently with Elway. You could argue that he backed Elway against Reeves. However, that was later in Elway's career, when the relationship between coach and QB had clearly deteriorated over time, and what's more he recognised that backing QB over the coach made the latter's position untenable - reeves was gone, and to be honest, Bowlen would probably not have backed Elway unless he felt that Reeve's time in Denver was over - even so, the squabble was never as public as the cutler spat, and Bowlen never publicly backed Elway over Reeves as far as I know.

Maybe Cutler has learned his lesson, maybe this has been a growing experience for him? Certainly playing-wise the grass was not greener on the other side, but he unquestionably has physical talent. the only question marks are on what's between his ears. I wasn;t ready to see him go, but I had been genuinely surprised by how awful some of his performances in 2008 were, despite the pro-bowl nod, so had he stayed here and continued making mistakes, would I be calling for his head now? Not sure about that one.....

Its true that we probably should forget about Cutler and move on, but he's such an enigma that I don't think bronco nation will ever be able to shut up about him untill we prove we are able to be successful without him. I think that day is nearly upon us, but we will have to wait and see....

TheReverend
03-25-2010, 03:53 AM
You know Rev, there was a time when there weren't too many people (if any) I'd put above Shanahan when it came to evaluating players, much less quarterbacks, but after the way he let the inmates run the asylum the last few years, well suffice it to say I'm glad to see him gone.

Hopefully getting canned was the reality check he needed and he was just going through the motions with his comments about Jay. I don't harbor any ill will towards Shanny and I hope he has success in Washington.

But **** Jay Cutler. He's still a douche and I hope he spends the rest of his career wallowing in mediocrity while never winning another meaningful game in his life.

Hmmmm... nice opinion based on rumors that's fairly irrelevant towards the thread title until your last paragraph's tirade on Jay Cutler.

Here are some facts:

He's been credited not by one, but by two, Hall of Fame quarterbacks for their successes.

Every QB he's coached has had the most successful seasons of their careers under him.

So, we can factually deduce two things:

1. Mike Shanahan knows quarterbacks.

2. Mike Shanahan knows Jay Cutler's demeanor a lot better than you.

What does this mean? Who cares, it's water under the bridge as they're both gone.

Drek
03-25-2010, 04:25 AM

The guy is all class.

Agree completely.

A lack of performance his last few years here does not negate all the amazing things he did for this organization in the years prior. He is the greatest coach in Broncos history and second only to Elway as the greatest single member of the organization as a whole. He should be remembered as such.

I do think that people need to look at the last three years objectively despite that, but I refuse to let it taint the overall legacy Shanahan had in Denver, at least form my own perspective.

ColoradoDarin
03-25-2010, 07:05 AM
I love it. Shanny says NOTHING and it's a big deal. You would think after 14 years as our head coach that people would learn his coach-speak. Maybe we just forgot it in all the 'fun' since then. Generic praise for a former player? Check. Player is improving? Check. Said player needs a team around him? Check.

All he needed to say was that the Bears were one or two players away :)

misturanderson
03-25-2010, 07:46 AM
Every QB he's coached has had the most successful seasons of their careers under him.

So, we can factually deduce two things:

1. Mike Shanahan knows quarterbacks.

No, all that means is that he can put quarterbacks in a position to maximize their natural ability. It proves nothing about his ability to gauge a QB's true skill.

His insistance on using Griese and Plummer (each with virtually no competition due to the revolving door of craptastic backups) when there were superior choices available tell me that he may not have as good an eye for QBs as you seem to think.

oubronco
03-25-2010, 08:01 AM

Cutler>>>>>>>Quinn

misturanderson
03-25-2010, 08:03 AM
Cutler>>>>>>>Quinn

Broncos>>>>>>>>>>>bears>>>>>>>>>>>>browns too. Especially for QBs. We'll see how Quinn develops with some real coaching.

CEH
03-25-2010, 08:15 AM

It was a reality check for Mike and he hit it hard to improve
Last year Shanny, Slovick and Hasslett holed themselves up in an office on Arpahoe Road (down the road from Dove valley BTW) and went to work on what they needed to do differently to succeed. Now all are in Washington with Bruce Allen as GM, a new 3-4 defense and and inside look at some of the more successful organizations in sport. Notice who is DC?. Not Slovick

Mike can coach any team to 8-8 but he now has a built in defense so I think the NFC will be very intersesting this year

I will alway like Mike for his coaching and organizational skills but sometimes it takes a reality check to change your perpective . Looks like both Mike and the Broncos needed the break.

Dagmar
03-25-2010, 09:02 AM

Cutler is a douchebag that openly disparaged Broncos fans to the media. I am a Broncos fan.

You continually blindly sucking on his cock, while you do, wear a top hat and a monocle so you can be classy.

Dagmar
03-25-2010, 09:04 AM

The guy is all class.

Excellent post. :thumbs:

Dagmar
03-25-2010, 09:06 AM
http://i44.tinypic.com/34grp03.png

oubronco
03-25-2010, 09:08 AM
Dagmar just look at the way some fans throw players under the bus as soon as they hear we might get rid of them or they get cut for whatever reason

Dagmar
03-25-2010, 09:13 AM
Dagmar just look at the way some fans throw players under the bus as soon as they hear we might get rid of them or they get cut for whatever reason

I don't see how this is relevant. Cutler is a douche that disparaged every Broncos fan with his comments. Every one of US on this board, including me and you (maybe not mock, he likes the Vikings...).

Worm summed up Shanny above.

oubronco
03-25-2010, 09:21 AM
I don't see how this is relevant. Cutler is a douche that disparaged every Broncos fan with his comments. Every one of US on this board, including me and you (maybe not mock, he likes the Vikings...).

Worm summed up Shanny above.

No doubt Cutler left on bad terms and probably felt he had to take that route to get what he wanted but the way everyone trashes every player that leaves the Broncos whether bad or not is getting ridiculous and when or if he gets his shyt together they will probably be saying we shouldn't have gotten rid of him

Just my take and I loved Shanahan

SonOfLe-loLang
03-25-2010, 09:21 AM

Better watch what you say, the devil is making his judgments on you

Tombstone RJ
03-25-2010, 09:24 AM
People here just need to realize a change was needed. I think Shanny will be the first to admit he needed a change. He was in Denver for 14 years and he just kinda lost perspective and the defense was the perfect manifestation of his inability to objectively look at his team.

It's ok, really. Sometimes change is necessary. Shanny is a great coach and he will continue to be a great coach. He's got a new team, a refreshed spirit and hunger that was seriously lacking in Denver.

The Broncos are heading into a new and IMHO, bright future with a hungry young coach. The people here who are railing against the new staff are truly acting like babies. Really, you all are acting like 2 year olds. Waaaah!

Shanny is gone. He needed a change and the Broncos needed a change. ONE PLAYOFF WIN IN 10 YEARS PEOPLE!!!

Dagmar
03-25-2010, 09:56 AM
No doubt Cutler left on bad terms and probably felt he had to take that route to get what he wanted but the way everyone trashes every player that leaves the Broncos whether bad or not is getting ridiculous and when or if he gets his shyt together they will probably be saying we shouldn't have gotten rid of him

Just my take and I loved Shanahan

Look people trashed Hillis, something I never did, because the love Hillis got was ridiculous given his small production. Look what Nolan's D gave up on the ground to KC in our house. Check montrose's post in the "what does this mean for Tony Scheffler" thread I posted for how much of a punk he's been. Most people were shocked to see Andre Davis cut. Everyone was happy to see Simms cut. I didn't see anyone tearing Kenny Peterson a new one. Most people on here want Marshall to stay if he signs a contract giving him big money if he plays nice. It is just over one calender year since his last incident.

fontaine
03-25-2010, 09:56 AM
Does anyone else think it's so damn awesome that in Shanny's system, he got the absolute most out of Cutler, so much so that Chicago gave up a boatload for him to only realize that he's a limited QB like most in the league?

Shanahan had his faults, no question, but after each game last season I got a renewed appreciation of just what kind of genius the man can be with QBs.

bpc
03-26-2010, 03:27 PM
Does anyone else think it's so damn awesome that in Shanny's system, he got the absolute most out of Cutler, so much so that Chicago gave up a boatload for him to only realize that he's a limited QB like most in the league?

Shanahan had his faults, no question, but after each game last season I got a renewed appreciation of just what kind of genius the man can be with QBs.

Cutler's not limited besides in his maturity from time to time along with having diabetes. It's his complimentary players that suck. Jay's got all the ability in the world to be success. He's one of the most talented QB's in the league.

bpc
03-26-2010, 03:35 PM

The guy is all class.

Too bad half the fans (McD apologists primarily) in Denver can't mirror this.

ColoradoDarin
03-26-2010, 03:37 PM

Someone say mirror (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2787342#post2787342)?

Dagmar
03-26-2010, 03:43 PM

Lots of fans were happy to see a coach with only one playoff win in 10 years sans his HOF QB go after 3 poor seasons. Sometimes it's time for change. People were very angry with the way the previous 3 seasons ended. Just like last year.

I don't get where you see people still not being classy. Are people in town or on here really ripping him apart? He made some dodgy personnel decisions on the defensive side of the ball, you have to admit that, hell most of those cut never got a team. Seriously, he is a Denver legend, it was time to move on.

Rabb
03-26-2010, 03:46 PM
Cutler's not limited besides in his maturity from time to time along with having diabetes. It's his *insert any part of the team that needs help here* that suck. Jay's got all the ability in the world to be success. He's one of the most talented QB's in the league.

there ya go

honestly, I wonder how long it won't be poor Jay's fault, I mean shouldn't all players get to play with an entire pro bowl roster to be great?

it's why Elway will be #1 to me forever, he made players better and took them to Super Bowls (and I am not talking the last 2)

Bronx33
03-26-2010, 03:49 PM
proud like when bobs mom praises him for getting most of his unine ( in the toilet)

go_broncos
03-26-2010, 04:33 PM
I am glad Bowlen fired shanahan.
Kudos to Mcd for trading Cutler.
Cutler is childish and will never succeed in NFL.

Cool Breeze
03-26-2010, 06:13 PM
I hope Washington will be proud of Shanny - I'm happy for what he did here.
That being said - I can't stand Jay.

Dagmar
03-26-2010, 06:27 PM
I hope Washington will be proud of Shanny - I'm happy for what he did here.
That being said - I can't stand Jay.

Well said that man! ^5

Bronx33
03-26-2010, 07:02 PM
Iam proud of cutler too! he fleeced the bears and they still don't know it.

tsiguy96
03-26-2010, 07:04 PM
there ya go

honestly, I wonder how long it won't be poor Jay's fault, I mean shouldn't all players get to play with an entire pro bowl roster to be great?

it's why Elway will be #1 to me forever, he made players better and took them to Super Bowls (and I am not talking the last 2)

he did play with an entire pro bowl roster before. he threw a pick when the game was on the line.

bpc
03-26-2010, 08:05 PM
Lots of fans were happy to see a coach with only one playoff win in 10 years sans his HOF QB go after 3 poor seasons. Sometimes it's time for change. People were very angry with the way the previous 3 seasons ended. Just like last year.

I don't get where you see people still not being classy. Are people in town or on here really ripping him apart? He made some dodgy personnel decisions on the defensive side of the ball, you have to admit that, hell most of those cut never got a team. Seriously, he is a Denver legend, it was time to move on.

Some of you guys, no need to name them, have been ****ting on him from day 1 with rhetoric thats just classless.

No reason to answer for everybody. I haven't followed up on you enough to point blame at the rustytrombone, but there are others that have definitely done this.

It's pretty pathetic, that's all i'm saying. Thank him for what, 14 years of non-losing season football, 2 super bowl championships and countless memories. Oh yeah, he's also the greatest coach we've had of all time. You all might want to at least show a little respect for that without talking so much ****.

bpc
03-26-2010, 08:08 PM
there ya go

Jay isn't John Elway. Not many players are. Jay's still pretty damn good. He started as a rookie here and handled himself with tremendous poise. Some of the units he played on, 07' primarily, had some of the worst talent i've ever seen. Players were either too old, too young, or flat out not that good. I mean Glenn Martinez was starting for us at points. The OL? I don't even need to discuss that.

Fact is Cutler didn't make many excuses last year. He took his lumps and moved on. Hopefully Chicago finds him some help especially on the OL. We've seen what he can do when he has time to throw.

If hes a bust 2, 3 years down the road, trust me, i'll be the first one to admit. I don't think that will be the case though.

tsiguy96
03-26-2010, 08:13 PM
Some of you guys, no need to name them, have been ****ting on him from day 1 with rhetoric thats just classless.

No reason to answer for everybody. I haven't followed up on you enough to point blame at the rustytrombone, but there are others that have definitely done this.

It's pretty pathetic, that's all i'm saying. Thank him for what, 14 years of non-losing season football, 2 super bowl championships and countless memories. Oh yeah, he's also the greatest coach we've had of all time. You all might want to at least show a little respect for that without talking so much ****.

is this how you validate all your opinions, by making such ridiculous extremist statements that really no one here agrees with at all? theres not a person here who isnt thankful for what shanny brought to the team, in case you didnt realize it. doesnt change the fact that he was unsuccessful for the later part of his career and deserved to be fired based on performance. just because we wanted a new coach doesnt mean we hate everything shanahan has ever said. theres not a single person here who WANTS shanahan to fail in washington, even if some of us predict he MIGHT. relax. this is like the 3rd time ive had to post something similar to you, maybe you will understand that your perception is so wrong about what people actually think its crazy.

jay cutler on the other hand, deserves it all, after all we are just a 6.

Dagmar
03-26-2010, 08:36 PM

You are all class sir.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hamrob
03-26-2010, 08:50 PM
Look people trashed Hillis, something I never did, because the love Hillis got was ridiculous given his small production. Look what Nolan's D gave up on the ground to KC in our house. Check montrose's post in the "what does this mean for Tony Scheffler" thread I posted for how much of a punk he's been. Most people were shocked to see Andre Davis cut. Everyone was happy to see Simms cut. I didn't see anyone tearing Kenny Peterson a new one. Most people on here want Marshall to stay if he signs a contract giving him big money if he plays nice. It is just over one calender year since his last incident.Dagmar...look at the love (gushing) that you give McDaniels...what the hell has he produced?

People like(d) Hillis because of his potential.

Archer81
03-26-2010, 08:52 PM
Dagmar...look at the love (gushing) that you give McDaniels...what the hell has he produced?

Potential never means anything if you are never on the field.

Dagmar
03-26-2010, 09:52 PM
Dagmar...look at the love (gushing) that you give McDaniels...what the hell has he produced?

8 - 8, the same as Shanahan with less according to you people (remember he tore the team apart waaaaaa!).

So a head coach can't have potential?

KipCorrington25
03-26-2010, 11:32 PM
8 and 8 is nothing to be proud of... well for Orton maybe.

Cito Pelon
03-27-2010, 09:19 AM
There's plenty of good & bad one can say about anybody at any time. Shanny for instance.

Thanks for the good memories Mike, but I remember some other things also, not just the good times.

I liked Shanny for many a year seeings how he was brought into the NFL by Dan Reeves and promoted through the ranks. Then Al Davis came sniffing around looking to hurt the Broncos, offered Shanny the Raider HC position and Shanny took it. Shanny was happy to be the Raider HC and beat up on the Broncos. Thanks, Mike! I thought that was a treasonous move by Shanny.

As for QB evaluations, Denver could have had Rich Gannon as an FA in 1999 but Shanny was locked onto Griese. There's good and bad one can say about anybody.

~Crash~
03-27-2010, 10:24 AM
You know if this observation was made about a D lineman I would LMO...

People that say Mike has no clue about anything , are trying to get people to chirp and in all honesty full of Frozen Road Apples.

tsiguy96
03-27-2010, 11:10 AM
You know if this observation was made about a D lineman I would LMO...

People that say Mike has no clue about anything , are trying to get people to chirp and in all honesty full of Frozen Road Apples.

ive figured it out. the people that hate mcdaniels still, they dont hate him because cutlers gone. ANYTHING would have been good enough to harp on him relentlessly every chance you get, and as soon as cutler was gone, that was it. you are really just so disgusted taht shanahan is gone that you cant stand it, and think its mcdaniels fault. you hate him so much and miss shanahan so badly that you will create your own perception of how we feel about shanahan. you act like we hate him and want him to fail and was an awful person and coach. no one has ever said that, once, yet you keep saying the same **** over and over. this is the type of **** that sociologists would write a dissertation about, jilted coach lover atlas syndrome.

broncswin
03-27-2010, 11:23 AM
Shanny=Best coach we ever had
Cutler=guy who though he was best QB Denver ever had=Dumb F***

Cool Breeze
03-27-2010, 01:49 PM
8 - 8, the same as Shanahan with less according to you people (remember he tore the team apart waaaaaa!).

So a head coach can't have potential?

No
Apparently the coach must make do in his 1st year and every year thereafter...

I look forward to the growth of our team and the crickets in the peanut gallery.

Popps
03-27-2010, 01:51 PM
Cutler's not limited besides in his maturity from time to time along with having diabetes. It's his complimentary players that suck. .

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/hahaha-lulz.jpg

~Crash~
03-27-2010, 02:30 PM
ive figured it out. the people that hate mcdaniels still, they dont hate him because cutlers gone. ANYTHING would have been good enough to harp on him relentlessly every chance you get, and as soon as cutler was gone, that was it. you are really just so disgusted taht shanahan is gone that you cant stand it, and think its mcdaniels fault. you hate him so much and miss shanahan so badly that you will create your own perception of how we feel about shanahan. you act like we hate him and want him to fail and was an awful person and coach. no one has ever said that, once, yet you keep saying the same **** over and over. this is the type of **** that sociologists would write a dissertation about, jilted coach lover atlas syndrome.

I think you might need a steady diet of fiber . When you first started posting I thought wow what a twerp from Mainia... Now I think wow what a twerp. so you are improving ... After this year you might grow up .

tsiguy96
03-27-2010, 02:32 PM
I think you might need a steady diet of fiber . When you first started posting I thought wow what a twerp from Mainia... Now I think wow what a twerp. so you are improving ... After this year you might grow up .

yea, of all the hundreds of members here, im sure you remember waht my first posts were like ^5

misturanderson
03-27-2010, 03:15 PM
yea, of all the hundreds of members here, im sure you remember waht my first posts were like ^5

I wouldn't worry about insults from someone that has, at best, a 3rd grader's grasp of punctuation, spelling and sentence structure. Especially when that person is supposedly in his 40s.

hambone13
03-27-2010, 03:40 PM

I hate to admit it but I've been to games in both cities in recent years and the Bears fans are a lot more like old school Mile High fans on game day. He was not down playing us, he was talking about game day intensity at the stadium. The wine and cheese fans of the new stadium cannot compete. Soldier Field is rock'n on game day...good or bad team.

~Crash~
03-27-2010, 05:16 PM
I wouldn't worry about insults from someone that has, at best, a 3rd grader's grasp of punctuation, spelling and sentence structure. Especially when that person is supposedly in his 40s.

Well If that makes it OK to talk down to me . great job . :thumbs:

I got an answer for you bite me bitch.:P

~Crash~
03-27-2010, 05:21 PM

Yes you have always stood out .

baja
03-27-2010, 06:40 PM

Actually after watching the cheese & wine crowd these last few years I can't say he's wrong on that.

Rabb
03-27-2010, 07:28 PM
Jay isn't John Elway. Not many players are. Jay's still pretty damn good. He started as a rookie here and handled himself with tremendous poise. Some of the units he played on, 07' primarily, had some of the worst talent i've ever seen. Players were either too old, too young, or flat out not that good. I mean Glenn Martinez was starting for us at points. The OL? I don't even need to discuss that.

Fact is Cutler didn't make many excuses last year. He took his lumps and moved on. Hopefully Chicago finds him some help especially on the OL. We've seen what he can do when he has time to throw.

If hes a bust 2, 3 years down the road, trust me, i'll be the first one to admit. I don't think that will be the case though.

agree with a lot of this, and I wasn't comparing Jay to Elway other than their abilities to take less talented teams on their back to playoff wins

I really don't harbor any feelings against Cutler anymore, I truthfully don't care what he does now that our 2010 pick is set

tsiguy96
03-27-2010, 07:34 PM
agree with a lot of this, and I wasn't comparing Jay to Elway other than their abilities to take less talented teams on their back to playoff wins

I really don't harbor any feelings against Cutler anymore, I truthfully don't care what he does now that our 2010 pick is set

LOLHilarious!^5

TotallyScrewed
03-27-2010, 08:10 PM

The guy is all class.

Mike seems to be top-notch, IMHO. I wish him well. I have no problem wishing Cutler, Torain, Hillis, Mike Bell and all ex-Broncos well too.

DivineBronco
03-27-2010, 09:50 PM
Mike seems to be top-notch, IMHO. I wish him well. I have no problem wishing Cutler, Torain, Hillis, Mike Bell and all ex-Broncos well too.

see to me there is a dividing line...if you leave classy like say trevor pryce you still get some love but what about ashley, walker, and quitterson and Jay? In my opinion they make perfect villians and give you someone fun to root against

Tombstone RJ
03-27-2010, 09:53 PM
see to me there is a dividing line...if you leave classy like say trevor pryce you still get some love but what about ashley, walker, and quitterson and Jay? In my opinion they make perfect villians and give you someone fun to root against

hmmmm... yah, I'm I wrong here or is this post a tad creepy?

16slayer24
03-28-2010, 04:16 AM
you all that whine about the wine and cheese crowd seems you are at the games ya just watch and turn your head???

broncswin
03-28-2010, 08:18 AM
I find it funny that some posters on here think that we are the only organization that doesn't go rah rah for every player that leaves us...sure there are a few guys that you truely respect, but come on...like we want all our players to go to another team and play themselves into the Hall of Fame...how many of us elite bronco fans were cheering for Sharpe when he went to the ratbirds and won himself a superbowl...or portis when he went to the skins...sure I love some of those guys...but I sure in the Hell will not root for a guy like Cutler, with his smug attitude...I had enough of that guy pouting on the sidelines, holding on to his shoulder pads, 15 yards away from any other team member...and for anyone to think he wasn't throwing a jab at the Denver fans with his dumba$$ comments is blinded by his amazingly strong arm!

baja
03-28-2010, 09:28 AM
Me , I was always happy for Shannon's success and thought Shanahan was a fool to let him go. I bet I'm not alone in the sentiment either.

Tombstone RJ
03-28-2010, 09:32 AM
Another instance of where Mike Shanahan the GM screws Mike Shanahan the coach: Let Shannon Sharpe leave for the ratbirds.

Only Shanny could get away with a moron move like that.

broncswin
03-28-2010, 09:42 AM
Me , I was always happy for Shannon's success and thought Shanahan was a fool to let him go. I bet I'm not alone in the sentiment either.

No Baja...that is not what I meant about Sharpe...I love the guy and always will...I sure wasn't rooting for him when he won that superbowl with the rats while steam rolling through us to get there...Sharpe has never said a bad thing about the Broncos or their fans...he has always stood strong for us...but for the posters on here that think we should respect and follow every former player with the hopes that they win...that is just stupid

baja
03-28-2010, 09:48 AM
Oh.

I hope Cutler gets worms.

colorado jones
03-28-2010, 09:56 AM
This thread is like a gayman's circle jerk.

baja
03-28-2010, 10:03 AM
How does that work

colonelbeef
03-28-2010, 11:04 AM

Yep. Going to be a harsh lesson in reality when Shanahan and Cutler put it together.

Don't worry though. We have Brady Quinn.

strafen
03-28-2010, 11:41 AM
Fixed it for you... hehehe...

Yeah, they don't care about da' bears but they love their pats! Ha!

baja
03-28-2010, 11:57 AM
Yeah, they don't care about da' bears but they love their pats! Ha!

Blue when the dragster gives you accolades it's time to check your reasoning.

SportinOne
03-28-2010, 12:39 PM
Cutler will be fine. The Bears aren't going to give up on him any time soon and a player like Cutler needs that sort of certainty so that he can work through his issues on the field. As far as offense is concerned, as long as they establish a solid O-line and continue to add playmakers for Jay to throw to he is going to do well. I don't know how anyone could watch 2 and a half seasons of him in Denver and not be convinced of that, even after how he played last season.

If you don't care whether he does well or not then why even comment on it? For you to say anything about it shows that you DO care about the situation. If you want him to fail you are entitled to that opinion.

I hope he does well, except for when we play him obviously. I like that they picked up Chester Taylor, not sold on Peppers. Not really sure it was a great idea to get Martz unless they really think he can stick around for a while. Seems more like a quick fix to me, and it will be Cutler's 3rd offensive system in his 5th year, 4th full year as starter.

Oh, and one more thing. Shanahan hit it right on the head by saying that it's the coach's responsibility to coach to the strengths of your players, and I'd like to add to that that it's also about getting the most out of your players any way you can. This is one area where I think that McDaniels could improve.

Rabb
03-28-2010, 01:23 PM
LOLHilarious!^5

not sure if this is "with" or "at" me but ok

tsiguy96
03-28-2010, 01:29 PM
not sure if this is "with" or "at" me but ok

with you, at the statement.

bpc
03-28-2010, 04:27 PM
You are all class sir.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

You picked that name. Not me. Smartly, you changed it to dogfart.

Dagmar
03-28-2010, 04:40 PM
You picked that name. Not me. Smartly, you changed it to dogfart.

Intelligent retort.

bpc
03-28-2010, 04:51 PM
I call things as I see em'.

Dagmar
03-28-2010, 04:58 PM
http://yaflamingalah.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/yawn.jpg

Blueflame
03-28-2010, 05:12 PM
Blue when the dragster gives you accolades it's time to check your reasoning.

There's nothing wrong with my reasoning, Baja... it's a fact that the McDaniels hire has made... at least "respect" (if not outright adulation) for the Patriots almost a prerequisite for being a "good" Bronco fan.

I don't care. I hate the Patriots anyway; as I have for years... it's not gonna change, no matter how many times I'm personally attacked for it. *shrug*

Oh... and Dag/bpc... I'm beginning to suspect that the two of you aren't gonna agree on much of anything; hence perhaps you'd both find the Mane more pleasant if you placed each other on ignore... :)

Florida_Bronco
03-29-2010, 03:50 AM
There's nothing wrong with my reasoning, Baja... it's a fact that the McDaniels hire has made... at least "respect" (if not outright adulation) for the Patriots almost a prerequisite for being a "good" Bronco fan.

I don't care. I hate the Patriots anyway; as I have for years... it's not gonna change, no matter how many times I'm personally attacked for it. *shrug*

No one hammers you because you don't like the Pats. You get hammered because you let that distaste for the Pats fuel some of the most illogical, irrational, ass-backwards stances I've ever seen on a football message board and it's all directed at our new coach and the players he brought with him.

You can hate the Pats all you want, but McD, Paxton, Gaffney...etc are Broncos now, so how about you stop treating them like the enemy? You loved Shanahan despite him being a Raider and 49er.

Blueflame
03-29-2010, 04:45 AM
No one hammers you because you don't like the Pats. You get hammered because you let that distaste for the Pats fuel some of the most illogical, irrational, ass-backwards stances I've ever seen on a football message board and it's all directed at our new coach and the players he brought with him.

You can hate the Pats all you want, but McD, Paxton, Gaffney...etc are Broncos now, so how about you stop treating them like the enemy? You loved Shanahan despite him being a Raider and 49er.

I'm not as changeable as the wind, FB... nor am I wishy-washy. In the Shanahan era I absolutely hated Dale Carter... even though he (thankfully... briefly) wore orange n' blue.

I detested many personnel decisions Shanahan made.

Thanks for your permission to hate the Pats, btw... :kiss: