PDA

View Full Version : What's your take on the i pad?

baja
03-24-2010, 03:46 PM
I'm thinking of getting one and would be interested in serious feed back.

Rabb
03-24-2010, 03:47 PM
I am also curious, especially on how it is as an ereader

Dr. Broncenstein
03-24-2010, 03:49 PM
I will be interested when it is an actual tablet style laptop replacement. This is just an oversized ipod.

crush17
03-24-2010, 03:49 PM
IMO its for people who just want to IM and surf the net without being attached to a desk/cable. It doesn't serve any other purpose.

baja
03-24-2010, 03:50 PM
no USB port bothers me some

Mr.Meanie
03-24-2010, 03:53 PM
I will be interested when it is an actual tablet style laptop replacement. This is just an oversized ipod.

exactly

mr007
03-24-2010, 03:53 PM
I think it's about as useful as a maxi pad. I don't see a market for it.

chadta
03-24-2010, 03:55 PM
Apple announced today that it has developed a breast implant that can store and play music. The iTit will cost from $499 to $699, depending on cup and speaker size. This is considered a major social breakthrough, because women are always complaining about men staring at their breasts and not listening to them.

Dr. Broncenstein
03-24-2010, 03:57 PM
Here's a good user review:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5gA16Fq4SAo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5gA16Fq4SAo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Mr.Meanie
03-24-2010, 03:59 PM
Apple announced today that it has developed a breast implant that can store and play music. The iTit will cost from $499 to $699, depending on cup and speaker size. This is considered a major social breakthrough, because women are always complaining about men staring at their breasts and not listening to them.

:oyvey:

Archer81
03-24-2010, 03:59 PM

Yet another thing to search for at airport security...way to go Apple...

:Broncos:

BroncoBuff
03-24-2010, 04:06 PM
Everybody I know is complaining. I'm not an Apple guy, but I haven't heard a single good word.

Broncoman13
03-24-2010, 04:19 PM

This is what it sounds like to me as well. May be good for an eReader and that sort of thing, but it won't function as a lap top and is a lot more expensive than a Nook or Sony eReader.

Still, I think it would be fun to use but I don't like the fact that they are more and more expensive depending on the HD size and whether or not it has 3G capability.

*WARHORSE*
03-24-2010, 04:21 PM
Its like...............a pad.

Nobody likes to carry around pads.

atomicbloke
03-24-2010, 04:31 PM
It is NOT meant to replace a laptop. So don't get it as a laptop replacement. It is a content-consumption device, not a content-creation device as (like a laptop).

Also, it is NOT merely an oversized iPod Touch. These things are driven by 3rd party app developers. Very soon you will have lots of new apps developed solely for the iPad, that will either not work on an iPod Touch, or will be cumbersome. Calling it an oversized iPod is naive, when you don't even know what specific apps will be created for the iPad.

These devices are defined by 3rd party app developers and users themselves. The device itself is a very minor part of its definition.

I suggest, unless you specifically enjoy being an early adopter of gadgets, just wait. Within a year or so, when you exactly know what apps are developed, then decide if the device has an utility value for you.

In short, your decision should be based on apps, NOT on the device itself. Since you don't even know what apps will be created, you can't make a decision now.

Dagmar
03-24-2010, 08:56 PM
http://missionimpossibleinfertile.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/ipad.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_mmBw3uzPnJI/S2LuPgoyXKI/AAAAAAABARc/AxYACkUZA3k/s400/ipad_01.jpg

Garcia Bronco
03-24-2010, 08:58 PM
You should wait but I see this as a major flop.

Lolad
03-24-2010, 09:01 PM
It isn't great. If you like the freedom of surfing the net, meaning watching movies, playing a game, seeing anything in flash. Then you don't want to buy this product. Apple is going down the wrong path with all this proprietary closed platform I hope google wins in the end.

titan
03-24-2010, 09:10 PM
I think the iPad has potential but I'm going to wait to get one. I really like my Amazon Kindle for ebook reading (and kindle books are cheaper than the hardbound and paperback versions). I expect iPad will have all that ebook functionality and more.

I was at the Apple store last week and was talking to an Apple "guru". I asked him about the iPad and he said he's going to wait. He said he didn't get an iphone until the 3Gs model came out, and said the his approach with ipad will be similar. "Let Apple work out the design flaws in the first version or two then I'll buy one" he said.

Archer81
03-24-2010, 09:33 PM
Id rather get a Kindle.

I would only use the Ipad for books, so I dont see the purpose of going out to buy a tablet sized Ipod (yes, I know, 3rd party blah blah. Its a giant Ipod. Same design as the touch.) Also, wtf is wrong with actual books and magazines? "It simulates a page turning"!...You know you can do the same thing for free at the library...sometimes technology is a drag.

:Broncos: