PDA

View Full Version : whats the minimum you accept for scheffler?

tsiguy96
03-23-2010, 09:19 PM
i dont think his skillset is supremely spectacular, but he is a good receiving TE and is a benefit to most teams in the NFL.

sooooo, a 3rd? 4th?

Dr. Broncenstein
03-23-2010, 09:21 PM
Case of Pabst and some ramen.

Bronco Boy
3rd and a $10 Papa John's pizza. But the pizza will probably not get along with McD and end up holding out until it expires.

SouthStndJunkie
I think Josh would probably take a 4th round pick for him on draft day.

A 3rd round pick would be great, but I am guessing it will be a 4th round pick.

Los Broncos
03-23-2010, 09:22 PM
Diet Pepsi machine.

Dagmar
03-23-2010, 09:24 PM
If Hillis is a ham sandwich? I think I'd take a Quiznos franchise.

DBroncos4life
03-23-2010, 09:35 PM
Marshal Yanda nothing else.

SoCalBronco
03-23-2010, 09:48 PM
He's a very skilled pass recieving tight end. He's got pretty good speed, runs pretty good routes and generally has reliable hands. In an offense that features that TE in the passing game, he would be a pretty good weapon for a team. Tony's a very mediocre run blocker, but that's true of most TE's. It's too bad that we don't really feature the TE in the pass offense because Tony can definitely play. I'd say he's probably worth a 3rd round pick, but other factors (RFA status meaning the team that traded for him would definitely have to extend him or take the risk of basically just renting him) might slightly lessen what they could otherwise get. I think SSJ's guess is probably fair.

Taco John
03-23-2010, 09:51 PM
I'd be suprised if we got more than a 5th for him.

Baba Booey
03-23-2010, 09:52 PM
3rd but I'm not holding my breath.

Kaylore
03-23-2010, 09:53 PM
I wouldn't expect more than a fifth round pick for him, and at that we might as well keep him. If we were offered a third or above I'd take it in a heartbeat.

Taco John
03-23-2010, 09:55 PM
I wouldn't expect more than a fifth round pick for him, and at that we might as well keep him. If we were offered a third or above I'd take it in a heartbeat.

Why would you hesitate so long? ;)

Archer81
03-23-2010, 10:05 PM
We drafted him in the 2nd. So a 2nd in return.

:Broncos:

spdirty
03-23-2010, 10:30 PM
Id rather just keep him. Let him waste away here, hell with it.

Taco John
03-23-2010, 10:54 PM
Id rather just keep him. Let him waste away here, hell with it.

I never undersatnd this attitude. The entire point of the sport is to win games, not harbor malcontents to teach them a lesson.

Mogulseeker
03-23-2010, 10:58 PM
I never undersatnd this attitude. The entire point of the sport is to win games, not harbor malcontents to teach them a lesson.

Too true.

I think Scheff can contribute. Graham is older, so IDK.

Then again, I think Scheff can also be a WR...

I would like to see a third, but judging by past trades, it seems like it wont be higher than a 5th if he is traded.

baja
03-23-2010, 10:59 PM
I'd like to trade for a starter on the O line for him.

FireFly
03-23-2010, 11:14 PM
I'd rather keep him.

If we get less than a 3rd, the chances of us finding someone who will contribute more are imo slim and I don't think we'll get >3rd so I'd rather keep him.

DBroncos4life
03-23-2010, 11:15 PM
I like the Justin Smiley idea. I like the odds of him making a impact for us better then a 4th or a 5th round draft pick.

Florida_Bronco
03-23-2010, 11:18 PM
i wouldn't expect more than a fifth round pick for him, and at that we might as well keep him. If we were offered a third or above i'd take it in a heartbeat.

+1

NFLBRONCO
03-23-2010, 11:23 PM
Scheffler for Hillis and a 6th

HAT
03-23-2010, 11:32 PM
MUSTARD....To go with my ham sandwich.

Taco John
03-23-2010, 11:59 PM

I'm hoping that we use the 11 for Iupati at this point. I'll be Josh's biggest fan if he does it.

DBroncos4life
03-24-2010, 12:12 AM
I'm hoping that we use the 11 for Iupati at this point. I'll be Josh's biggest fan if he does it.

You could count me in that group as well. I couldn't be a fan of his here though after what I claimed about him after the Cutler trade though. LOL After reading some things about Ordick from the draft guys, I'm hoping we land him. Either player would be nice.

OBF1
03-24-2010, 12:14 AM
5th round sounds like as good as it will get. Take it and do not look back.

cutthemdown
03-24-2010, 12:16 AM
Broncos will part for far less then a 3rd or 4th. It could be something like you move up a few spots in a round by trading Sheff to a team that might like him a little.

NFLBRONCO
03-24-2010, 12:16 AM
I want to trade down now. I think Denver can address all their needs lower in round 1 unless they want Spiller or Dez.

Doggcow
03-24-2010, 12:35 AM
This would ****ing piss me off. Sheffler and Hillis are seriously 80% of my yardage on Madden. Without them I would have to find a whole new strategy to play with. (I dink and dunk A LOT lol)

Taco John
03-24-2010, 12:53 AM
This would ****ing piss me off. Sheffler and Hillis are seriously 80% of my yardage on Madden. Without them I would have to find a whole new strategy to play with. (I dink and dunk A LOT lol)

You should be using Gaffney more. ;)

The Joker
03-24-2010, 04:58 AM
Trade him to the highest bidder.

The guy has some talent, there's no denying that. But he's both injury prone and a complete asshole, he does more harm than good to the team on the whole.

Dedhed
03-24-2010, 05:08 AM
Scheff is my least favorite player on the team. Marshall at least has the talent to be a whiny malcontent, but Schefler being butt sore about losing his brokeback bunk buddy Cutler makes me want to slap him around.

Ship him for any pick or utility player who's not going to be a crying nimby, and I'm fully on board.

ColoradoBuff
03-24-2010, 07:26 AM
3rd or 4th

colonelbeef
03-24-2010, 08:11 AM
Why are people in such a rush to throw away every talented player we have on offense?

you think it's any coincidence that Tom Brady had his best statistical season throwing to Randy Moss and Wes Welker?

tsiguy96
03-24-2010, 08:12 AM
Why are people in such a rush to throw away every talented player we have on offense?

you think it's any coincidence that Tom Brady had his best statistical season throwing to Randy Moss and Wes Welker?

because if they are gonna be whiny babies, then no reason to keep them. you either help the team or you make it worse.

Dagmar
03-24-2010, 08:13 AM
You obviously overrate Tony Scheffler.

RaiderH8r
03-24-2010, 08:15 AM

I agree. It would seem an offensive genius would be able to figure out how to make a good receiving tight end a threat in his offensive scheme. For all of the "complexities" of his playbook he can't figure out how to get a TE out on a route? Really?

Dagmar
03-24-2010, 08:17 AM
Here's the most truthful Scheffler post in my opinion, hope it's cool montrose.

http://i39.tinypic.com/f0wzud.png

And his world beating stats.

http://i44.tinypic.com/x2th05.png

gyldenlove
03-24-2010, 08:21 AM
Another young player with upside or a 4th.

Requiem
03-24-2010, 08:23 AM
Anything really. Might as well get a potential pick or another player out of a malcontent who won't be here much longer anyways.

Drek
03-24-2010, 08:26 AM
I'd love to get a 3rd or move our 3rd up into the 2nd round with him, but in reality I'd take anything of remote value to get rid of him.

Beantown Bronco
03-24-2010, 08:29 AM
I love how the thread asks what the MINIMUM is that you would accept and some here are saying 2nd or 3rd round picks. That's probably the equivalent of answering "two first rounders" if presented with the same question about Marshall.

Beantown Bronco
03-24-2010, 08:31 AM
I'd love to get a 3rd or move our 3rd up into the 2nd round with him, but in reality I'd take anything of remote value to get rid of him.

Bingo. I think that's the qualifier that is missing from quite a few posts.

Garcia Bronco
03-24-2010, 09:05 AM
He's a very skilled pass recieving tight end. He's got pretty good speed, runs pretty good routes and generally has reliable hands. In an offense that features that TE in the passing game, he would be a pretty good weapon for a team. Tony's a very mediocre run blocker, but that's true of most TE's. It's too bad that we don't really feature the TE in the pass offense because Tony can definitely play. I'd say he's probably worth a 3rd round pick, but other factors (RFA status meaning the team that traded for him would definitely have to extend him or take the risk of basically just renting him) might slightly lessen what they could otherwise get. I think SSJ's guess is probably fair.

No he wouldn't. HE can't string together games when he's not the focal point. If he was he'd probably be on IR because his body can't take the abuse. I agree with TJ, a 5th rd pick would be a great deal.

Chris
03-24-2010, 09:07 AM
4th

Hamrob
03-24-2010, 10:52 AM
It all depends on how you feel about Quinn...if he's ready to catch passes in game time...then you can let Scheff go for peanuts...but if not, you better reconsider your thinking.

We need to have a TE who can catch passes and get open...it's not Graham.

Hamrob
03-24-2010, 10:53 AM
Trade him for a starting left guard or center! :-)

broncocalijohn
03-24-2010, 10:56 AM

Why not say "Lets trade him for nothing less of Peyton Manning!" If we get a 3rd for him (as if McDaniels doesnt have use for him), then get that 3rd. I think if we used him in 09 like 08, he would go in a heartbeat. Like him and want him to stay and play. NO play, someone pays.......a third.

baja
03-24-2010, 11:01 AM
Why not say "Lets trade him for nothing less of Peyton Manning!" If we get a 3rd for him (as if McDaniels doesnt have use for him), then get that 3rd. I think if we used him in 09 like 08, he would go in a heartbeat. Like him and want him to stay and play. NO play, someone pays.......a third.

Horse feathers a third is = to a starting center or guard

ant1999e
03-24-2010, 11:04 AM
If Hillis is a ham sandwich? I think I'd take a Quiznos franchise.

:rofl:This. At least an oven roasted sandwich.

montrose
03-24-2010, 11:08 AM
I'd give up our 1st rounder if it meant getting that spineless c**t off our team! Okay, that might be an overexaggeration.

Drek
03-24-2010, 11:40 AM
Bingo. I think that's the qualifier that is missing from quite a few posts.

Yep.

Of all the Mike Shanahan holdovers he's the one who has most clearly demonstrated what was wrong with the previous regime.

Tony Scheffler is the antithesis of why I cheer for the Denver Broncos. I don't care if you're a ****ty person off the field, that's your personal business, but when you aren't a 110% team guy during the damn season when we're fighting for the playoffs I got issues with you.

Mountain Bronco
03-24-2010, 11:53 AM
5th rounder. Dude isn't special and is a bitch.

Pick Six
03-24-2010, 12:43 PM

And his world beating stats.

http://i44.tinypic.com/x2th05.png

Wow. That's brutal. Montrose layin' it out. I like it...:thumbsup:

broncswin
03-24-2010, 12:49 PM
Wow. That's brutal. Montrose layin' it out. I like it...:thumbsup:

that just happened:thumbsup:

The MVPlaya
03-24-2010, 10:02 PM
I'd rather keep him.

If we get less than a 3rd, the chances of us finding someone who will contribute more are imo slim and I don't think we'll get >3rd so I'd rather keep him.

What? What exactly did he "contribute" that would be "slim" chances to find in the draft in the 4th or 5th round?

:rofl:

Scheffler did have a nice game against SD though.

Archer81
03-24-2010, 10:05 PM
What? What exactly did he "contribute" that would be "slim" chances to find in the draft in the 4th or 5th round?

:rofl:

Well...it would be hard to find a 3rd round pick who can match the monster contribution of 31 catches.

Thats just Mt Everest right there.

Kaylore
03-24-2010, 10:09 PM
well...it would be hard to find a 3rd round pick who can match the monster contribution of 31 catches.

Thats just mt everest right there.

:broncos:

lol

~Crash~
03-24-2010, 11:28 PM
you know I love all you hating bastards last time I checked you are bronco fans right ...just checking because last I checked SD fans talk about the hate they have for all the players you bunch of ass munchies seem to have ....

SoCalBronco
03-24-2010, 11:40 PM
It kind of bothers me that people don't mind attacking Bronco players so long as those players are not on good terms with the staff....but if you criticize someone else who is on good terms with the staff...its somehow a problem. That the staff gets along with someone or doesn't isn't the touchstone of the analysis. Someone doesn't automatically become a "malcontent" just because they've been benched by the staff or because its otherwise clear that the two sides aren't on the same page. You don't stop to get their side of the story, or why they feel things are where they are....its just automatically "let's get rid of the trash" and the characterization of the player made by the staff is just assumed to be right. Well that's not really realistic and its not fair. That they like X and don't like Y is nice to know, but at the end of the day, it really has nothing to do with my evaluation of a player.

Archer81
03-24-2010, 11:46 PM
It kind of bothers me that people don't mind attacking Bronco players so long as those players are not on good terms with the staff....but if you criticize someone else who is on good terms with the staff...its somehow a problem. That the staff gets along with someone or doesn't isn't the touchstone of the analysis. Someone doesn't automatically become a "malcontent" just because they've been benched by the staff or because its otherwise clear that the two sides aren't on the same page. You don't stop to get their side of the story, or why they feel things are where they are....its just automatically "let's get rid of the trash" and the characterization of the player made by the staff is just assumed to be right. Well that's not really realistic and its not fair. That they like X and don't like Y is nice to know, but at the end of the day, it really has nothing to do with my evaluation of a player.

Tony has good speed. Good hands, runs good routes. He is inconsistent as all hell. He brings up a 6 catch game vs SD then disappears for the next month. He doesnt block well. In reality he is an oversized WR playing TE. His recent spats with the new HC staff wont enamor him with many people. Openly saying in week 15 "I wish the season was over" tells me everything I want to know about Tony Scheffler. Is he trash? No. Is he going to be worth more to some team than he is to Denver? Yes. So ship him out if he doesnt want to be here, and try to get something back in return.

Florida_Bronco
03-24-2010, 11:46 PM

Tony Scheffler was wishing for the season to end while his teammates were fighting for their playoff lives.

That is indefensible, and apparently John Elway himself said he'd want someone off the team for that.

SoCalBronco
03-24-2010, 11:50 PM
Openly saying in week 15 "I wish the season was over" tells me everything I want to know about Tony Scheffler.

Well...you are certainly entitled to take a comment and formulate your entire opinion of Tony based on his comment....personally, I don't think thats a good approach, as it doesn't fully grasp the situation, it makes no attempt to ascertain the reasons behind the opinion, the basis of the frustration and a side of the story other than what is characterized to you by someone else.

Archer81
03-24-2010, 11:55 PM
Well...you are certainly entitled to take a comment and formulate your entire opinion of Tony based on his comment....personally, I don't think thats a good approach, as it doesn't fully grasp the situation, it makes no attempt to ascertain the reasons behind the opinion, the basis of the frustration and a side of the story other than what is characterized to you by someone else.

Understanding why Scheffler was being a whiney douche does not change the fact he acted like a whiney douche.

Drek
03-25-2010, 03:29 AM

Scheffler has a history of "me first" actions. Montrose's post laid it all out pretty well. The comment with regards to the season ending was just that final icing on the cake.

It didn't surprise me to hear him say it. I figured he felt that way anyhow. But actually voicing that opinion publicly crossed the line. As a Broncos fan I don't want to see him suit up another game for this team, no matter how much potential he might have on the field.

fontaine
03-25-2010, 08:44 AM
So Scheff said that he wished the season was over?

BFD. Maybe he said that out of frustration, maybe he said that because he had indeed quit.

All I know is most of the team has been playing, not just saying, like they had quit down the stretch for the past four years under Shanahan. It was no different last year.

If you want to get rid of every person that says something negative out of frustration in the locker room then most locker rooms in the league at some point would be empty.

Not saying that he didn't deserve to be benched or anything but it's hilarious to me that posters here can spew such venom over a player saying something in the heat of the moment when most of this board goes into full scale meltdown at the drop of a hat.

montrose
03-25-2010, 08:58 AM

It is most cool my friend. Funny thing is, I think I had an anti-Tony meltdown on the Mane either a year or two ago that was even stronger.

Scheffler has a history of "me first" actions. Montrose's post laid it all out pretty well.

And I noticed another (minor) one last night. I was watching a highlight video of last season. Not only does Tony celebrate like a complete douche when he scores (which I can actually deal with because I find TD celebrations amusing) but I couldn't find one clip of him actually celebrating one of his teammates scores. In fact, after one score when Larsen and Gaffney were jumping on Knowshon, he turned and jogged off the field as if we'd turned the ball over. I might be reaching here for a little more Tony-hate, but meh...

s0phr0syne
04-11-2010, 07:37 AM
Has there been any talk of moving Scheffler to Cinci? They seem like one of the few teams remaining with that gaping hole...

2KBack
04-11-2010, 08:01 AM
So Scheff said that he wished the season was over?

BFD. Maybe he said that out of frustration, maybe he said that because he had indeed quit.

All I know is most of the team has been playing, not just saying, like they had quit down the stretch for the past four years under Shanahan. It was no different last year.

If you want to get rid of every person that says something negative out of frustration in the locker room then most locker rooms in the league at some point would be empty.

Not saying that he didn't deserve to be benched or anything but it's hilarious to me that posters here can spew such venom over a player saying something in the heat of the moment when most of this board goes into full scale meltdown at the drop of a hat.

I think his comments just cement how worthless he really is. I personally think he is possibly the most overrated player this team had in a while. watching him get out muscled by players 30lbs lighter than him got really old. That and his slot WR blocking techniques. I'm sick of watching a 260lb dude dive at the knees of linebackers and safeties to "block." He is too much of a p***Y to be a real tight end, or even a large WR.

tsiguy96
04-11-2010, 08:07 AM
I think his comments just cement how worthless he really is. I personally think he is possibly the most overrated player this team had in a while. watching him get out muscled by players 30lbs lighter than him got really old. That and his slot WR blocking techniques. I'm sick of watching a 260lb dude dive at the knees of linebackers and safeties to "block." He is too much of a p***Y to be a real tight end, or even a large WR.

not that i have watched film or anything on him, but if what you say is true, you know other teams are aware of this as well, hence why we cant really unload him for anything.

Hamrob
04-11-2010, 09:32 AM
I wouldn't doubt if we use Scheffler to move up in the 2nd round. You know we trade the #45 to a team for the 33rd pick...something like that.

I really want both McClain and Pouncey. If we could get those two guys...we just had a winning draft!

I absolutely do not want Haggen or Griesen playing ILB for us all season. That would be a huge weak link for our defense. Talk about a hole. Sure, Haggen would start off well (first 3-4 games) then he would disapear!!! We need to fill that hole...with McClain...or hope that Spencer can step up and pray McD will give him the shot.

DenverBrit
04-11-2010, 09:55 AM
Some fine crystal glasses would be nice.......or anything less fragile than Scheffler.

azbroncfan
04-11-2010, 10:16 AM
It really doesn't matter what I would accept because I have no influence on the Denver Bronco organization.

mattob14
04-11-2010, 10:17 AM
I wouldn't doubt if we use Scheffler to move up in the 2nd round. You know we trade the #45 to a team for the 33rd pick...something like that.

I really want both McClain and Pouncey. If we could get those two guys...we just had a winning draft!

I absolutely do not want Haggen or Griesen playing ILB for us all season. That would be a huge weak link for our defense. Talk about a hole. Sure, Haggen would start off well (first 3-4 games) then he would disapear!!! We need to fill that hole...with McClain...or hope that Spencer can step up and pray McD will give him the shot.

I think that's probably what will happen- he'll be used to move up somewhere in the draft. I'd be fine with Scheffler + a 6th for a 4th, or using him to move up in round 2 or 3.

baja
04-11-2010, 11:36 AM
Picking up Quinn the TE will look like a stroke of genius before the Scheffler thing is allover.

Hamrob
04-11-2010, 12:16 PM
Picking up Quinn the TE will look like a stroke of genius before the Scheffler thing is allover.Yeah, because Quinn has shown us so much thus far.

Hey, we can certainly cross our fingers...but, right now...we don't even know who the hell Quinn is.

baja
04-11-2010, 12:31 PM
Yeah, because Quinn has shown us so much thus far.

Hey, we can certainly cross our fingers...but, right now...we don't even know who the hell Quinn is.

That's why it was written to imply prediction. Did you miss that part.

~Crash~
04-11-2010, 08:10 PM
four pages of back stabbing A broncos player carry on ..

tsiguy96
04-11-2010, 08:12 PM

did you miss the cutler threads? try 40 pages.

Tombstone RJ
04-11-2010, 08:17 PM
I'd trade Scheffler for a weekend in Vegas and a bag of fritos. I want to stay at one of those hotels with the 24 hour all you can eat buffet too.

I kid of course.

No, I'm serious.

Wait. No, I am kidding... not.

BroncoBuff
04-11-2010, 10:13 PM
Draft is a crapshoot. I want an established player, a guard or a MLB.

Buff out.

BroncoInferno
04-12-2010, 11:11 AM

It has zero to do with the staff. Many of the incidences montrose laid out in his post happened under Shanny.

BroncoInferno
04-12-2010, 11:13 AM

Sheffler back stabbed his own teammates, but I guess folks like you will defend any level of douchebag behavior. Carry on.

no-pseudo-fan
04-12-2010, 11:27 AM
Using him to trade up would be nice. But a 3rd or 4th would due.

baja
04-12-2010, 11:33 AM
Using him to trade up would be nice. But a 3rd or 4th would due.

Ya do this and keep marshall

NFLBRONCO
04-12-2010, 11:34 AM
I bet we end up cutting him

baja
04-12-2010, 11:41 AM
I bet we end up cutting him

Shanny continues to copy Josh and bring in guys that know his system at key positions, I say Mike trades a 2011 3rd for him.

nickademus
04-12-2010, 11:55 AM
We drafted him in the 2nd. So a 2nd in return.

so are you saying that because we drafted jarvis moss in the first you would only take a first in return?

UberBroncoMan
04-12-2010, 11:56 AM
I'd want a 2nd or he can sit on his ass for a season and not get paid (which he won't do).

The dude is a good pass catching TE and personally I wish we'd use him as a WR more often. He was a WR before he was turned into a TE during college. He's be a great red-zone threat due to his size.

orange&blue87
04-12-2010, 12:49 PM
I'd take a 5th or a TE who knows how to block. I really don't see the obsession that many fans have in keeping a guy who doesn't fit the scheme well just because they don't get exceptional value for him.

This system would do much better with a great blocking TE that can make the occasional reception.

Call me crazy, but having been a Broncos fan for 20+ years, I have seen players come and go, but the remaining constant is the "team."

OBF1
04-12-2010, 12:59 PM
I'd take a 5th or a TE who knows how to block. I really don't see the obsession that many fans have in keeping a guy who doesn't fit the scheme well just because they don't get exceptional value for him.

This system would do much better with a great blocking TE that can make the occasional reception.

Call me crazy, but having been a Broncos fan for 20+ years, I have seen players come and go, but the remaining constant is the "team."

How dare you put team in front of over paid player, You need a 2 week vacation via one of our Mods ROFL!

The Joker
04-12-2010, 01:03 PM
I'd want a 2nd or he can sit on his ass for a season and not get paid (which he won't do).

The dude is a good pass catching TE and personally I wish we'd use him as a WR more often. He was a WR before he was turned into a TE during college. He's be a great red-zone threat due to his size.

We're gonna struggle to get a 1st for Marshall, Scheffler for a 2nd is laughable.

At least Marshall is good.

orange&blue87
04-12-2010, 01:05 PM
How dare you put team in front of over paid player, You need a 2 week vacation via one of our Mods ROFL!

NO NO! OK 2nd round or he sits! The team get's screwed over, but so does he!!!

BroncoBuff
04-12-2010, 04:19 PM
We're gonna struggle to get a 1st for Marshall, Scheffler for a 2nd is laughable.

At least Marshall is good.

A second is unrealistic, definitely ... even so, I'd rather have an established player. Doesn't have to be a starter, just a decent rotational DE, MLB or guard. Draft is a crapshoot.

bowtown
04-12-2010, 04:36 PM
A second is unrealistic, definitely ... even so, I'd rather have an established player. Doesn't have to be a starter, just a decent rotational DE, MLB or guard. Draft is a crapshoot.

It's an educated crapshoot and one that can pay off big. I'd much rather take that chance with a 5th rather than get an average player who I already know is average... and we are definitely not getting any player in a trade for Scheffler that is anything more than average.

Caveat Lector
04-12-2010, 04:41 PM
Santonio Holmes for a 5th - Tony Scheffler for a 2nd

hmmm... sounds about right.

BroncoBuff
04-12-2010, 05:01 PM
It's an educated crapshoot and one that can pay off big. I'd much rather take that chance with a 5th rather than get an average player who I already know is average... and we are definitely not getting any player in a trade for Scheffler that is anything more than average.

Yeah, I said just a rotational guy. Yes,we could hit it big, but honestly - you want a freaking fifth rounder? For Scheff? Until I know why he was suspended, no way to that.

For guard, has anybody thought about our old buddy Montrae Holland? He's still with Dallas, but didn't see the field for even one down from scrimmage this year. He had ZBS problems (and weight problems), but he might fit now. Maybe Dallas could use a guy like Scheffler ?

oubronco
04-12-2010, 05:05 PM
Scheffler is a good pass catching TE but isn't a very good blocking TE if they find a trading partner i'd be surprised if it were for anything but a conditional pick

watermock
04-12-2010, 05:34 PM
All I know is untill July 2010, owners have decided to trade, not give offersheets.

Marshall and Sheff will be traded for less than tendered, it's funny because Mock said we'd be lucky to recoup what Fonzie cost for BM.

Doom is the big question. 17 sacks but weak against the run with DJ there too.

Orton can't put zip down the seam so Sheff isn't worth dick.

He won't go to Martz, maybe Shanny can pick him up.

He won' sign his tender, So who know.

I DO KNOW THE OWNERS ARE ALLREADY TRYING TO PLAY HARDBALL.

When are the TV contracts due up?

uplink
04-12-2010, 06:20 PM
I'd trade Scheffler for a weekend in Vegas and a bag of fritos. I want to stay at one of those hotels with the 24 hour all you can eat buffet too.

I kid of course.

No, I'm serious.

Wait. No, I am kidding... not.

I'd trade him for a free Netflix rental and a bag of popcorn, buttered if I can get it but it might be stretching things a bit.