PDA

View Full Version : Timbo Tebow is religious and Jamarcus is fat. Random QB mocking for the win.

Dagmar
03-23-2010, 06:18 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/23/tebows-pre-wonderlic-prayer-request-falls-flat/?related=1

As we've mentioned once or twice, quarterback Tim Tebow's habit of openly expressing his religious beliefs could potentially rub folks the wrong way, especially in a locker room of grown men who choose to keep their beliefs to themselves, who don't share his beliefs at all, and/or who only want to hear "God bless" after they have sneezed.

We're told that Tebow already has gotten a taste of the resistance he might face at the next level.

At the Scouting Combine, the Wonderlic exam is administered to players in groups. The 12-minute test is preceded by some brief instructions and comments from the person administering the test.

Per a league source, after the person administering the test to Tebow's group had finished, Tebow made a request that the players bow their heads in prayer before taking the 50-question exam.

Said one of the other players in response: "Shut the f--k up." Others players in the room then laughed.

We're not passing judgment on this one; we're just passing along what we've heard. And it illustrates the type of challenges that could be faced by the team that drafts Tebow.

That said, some teams might embrace those challenges. The final decision will depend largely on the composition of the team, and the personalities of the coach, the G.M., and the owner.

And I found this today and have never seen it.
http://cheezburger.com/lolbuilder.aspx?preview=1&source=http%3A//images.cheezburger.com/imagestore/2010/3/23/d4077122-ebd0-44a0-93e6-688ee66db003.jpg&top=Skittlez&bottom=Taste%20the%20failurez&middle=&font=Impact&color=White&size=50&bold=true&italic=false&underlined=false&style=outline&opacity=100&topalignment=left&middlealignment=left&bottomalignment=right

thumpc
03-23-2010, 06:43 PM
Do they take the wonderlic in position groups? Which qb was that?

gyldenlove
03-23-2010, 06:43 PM
If he wants to be religious he can do so on his own time, if he wants to be a tool he should go to the hardware store.

KipCorrington25
03-23-2010, 06:55 PM
Whoever said that we should draft that's awesome.

broncosteven
03-23-2010, 07:28 PM
If he wants to be religious he can do so on his own time, if he wants to be a tool he should go to the hardware store.

I agree, there are christians that want to convert everyone and people who let their actions speak for their faith and there are also the ones who talk the talk but then have moments of weakness and cheat or go on benders etc...

To me I feel the same way about Christians as I do gays. I don't think there is any thing wrong with being either as long as you don't try to convert me or talk about you faith/sexual preference.

ColoradoDarin
03-23-2010, 07:49 PM
This thread wont end well. It's already going downhill fast...

To me I feel the same way about Christians as I do gays. I don't think there is any thing wrong with being either as long as you don't ... talk about you faith/sexual preference.

:thumbs:

Dagmar
03-23-2010, 07:52 PM
This thread wont end well. It's already going downhill fast...

:thumbs:

:yayaya:

Dagmar
03-23-2010, 08:07 PM
So bored...must. keep. thread. alive.

broncosteven
03-23-2010, 08:08 PM
So bored...must. keep. thread. alive.

I am going to bed. Good luck.

Baba Booey
03-23-2010, 08:16 PM
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs260.ash1/18763_662360592011_11018332_38715299_3912985_n.jpg

Dagmar
03-23-2010, 08:17 PM
I am going to bed. Good luck.

At 9:15! Old man!

Archer81
03-23-2010, 09:10 PM
I agree, there are christians that want to convert everyone and people who let their actions speak for their faith and there are also the ones who talk the talk but then have moments of weakness and cheat or go on benders etc...

To me I feel the same way about Christians as I do gays. I don't think there is any thing wrong with being either as long as you don't try to convert me or talk about you faith/sexual preference.

Christians are instructed to spread the gospel. Hearing it is not a conversion attempt, and no one can make you change faiths simply because they ask for a minute to pray.

It does wierd me out when people pray at meals or say God bless after everything; but for some people this is just an expression of the faith they have. If its an honest expression, then that is just who that person is and everyone involved with them should just expect it.

For the kid who told him to shut the **** up, he needs to grow up. There was no reason to say that. And from the sounds of it, more men in the NFL are expressive about their faith then not. Dawkins, Carr, Warner, Lewis, Brunell and Delhomme are examples I can think of right off the top of my head.

:Broncos:

Dr. Broncenstein
03-23-2010, 09:16 PM
Dear Tim,

Shut the F up, you cock.

Sincerely,

Everyone in your vicinity

Dagmar
03-23-2010, 09:18 PM
Christians are instructed to spread the gospel. Hearing it is not a conversion attempt, and no one can make you change faiths simply because they ask for a minute to pray.

It does wierd me out when people pray at meals or say God bless after everything; but for some people this is just an expression of the faith they have. If its an honest expression, then that is just who that person is and everyone involved with them should just expect it.

For the kid who told him to shut the **** up, he needs to grow up. There was no reason to say that. And from the sounds of it, more men in the NFL are expressive about their faith then not. Dawkins, Carr, Warner, Lewis, Brunell and Delhomme are examples I can think of right off the top of my head.

Did they ask non believers to pray before a test?

Bronco Boy
03-23-2010, 09:26 PM
Any QB who remains abstinent through 4 years at Florida is not to be trusted. I mean, WWJD?

Archer81
03-23-2010, 09:53 PM
Did they ask non believers to pray before a test?

Im actually for a moment of silence. Whatever you want to do with it is up to you.

Taco John
03-23-2010, 09:59 PM
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs260.ash1/18763_662360592011_11018332_38715299_3912985_n.jpg

That guy is the douchiest guy I think I've ever witnessed.

Br0nc0Buster
03-23-2010, 10:00 PM
That random player is right

Tim needs to shut the f*** up and just worry about himself

Dagmar
03-23-2010, 10:05 PM
Ok, TJ AND SoCal or online. I always get nervous, like when you are at a stop light next to a cop?

Mogulseeker
03-23-2010, 10:06 PM

Rep

SoCalBronco
03-23-2010, 10:06 PM
Ok, TJ AND SoCal or online. I always get nervous, like when you are at a stop light next to a cop?

Speaking of which.....how was your driving test?

Archer81
03-23-2010, 10:07 PM
That random player is right

Tim needs to shut the **** up and just worry about himself

That random player should take his own advice.

Dagmar
03-23-2010, 10:09 PM
Speaking of which.....how was your driving test?

It's this Friday. Stupid blizzard last Friday. Stupid blizzard tonight aswell! Ha!

Sunny skies in Friday to get my license :sunshine:

Archer81
03-23-2010, 10:11 PM
It's this Friday. Stupid blizzard last Friday. Stupid blizzard tonight aswell! Ha!

Sunny skies in Friday to get my license :sunshine:

By friday it should be 80 and all the snow melted off.

That One Guy
03-24-2010, 03:49 AM
That random player should take his own advice.

Well, obviously the guy wanted to force everyone into doing a prayer so it was affecting him.

Am I the only one that hates those awkward moments when someone calls for a prayer and you don't really want to participate? In the military, they seem to pray before everything.

I personally wish I could believe in Christian beliefs. I just can't. There's too many holes and too many things I question (from stories to ethics and principles of various religions) so I can't. I wish I could, but I can't. Don't throw that in my face by trying to push religion on me even further and making me participate in your prayers. Until they can tell me why such things as dinosaur fossils in the ground and other very numerous inconsistencies with the bible exist, they need to just go away and keep their beliefs to themselves.

Gort
03-24-2010, 08:10 AM
i call BS on the original story. sounds completely made up and just another attempt by people with axes to grind to go after the kid.

Dagmar
03-24-2010, 08:29 AM
i call BS on the original story. sounds completely made up and just another attempt by people with axes to grind to go after the kid.

So all of the other witnesses in the room are talking crap to upset god boy?

Dagmar
03-24-2010, 08:41 AM
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n31/psyc007/TimTebowCrying.jpg

beanerbronco
03-24-2010, 08:43 AM
What I don't understand is why the people in the room laughed. Tebow asked the person in charge, not this idiot. If he was so offended by it, I'm sure he couldve stepped out while the prayer went on. People, nowadays, feel the need to ridicule others in order to make themselves feel worthy of some attention.
I do However think that religion has its place.

Dagmar
03-24-2010, 08:47 AM
What I don't understand is why the people in the room laughed. Tebow asked the person in charge, not this idiot. If he was so offended by it, I'm sure he couldve stepped out while the prayer went on. People, nowadays, feel the need to ridicule others in order to make themselves feel worthy of some attention.
I do However think that religion has its place.

Why couldn't Tim Tebow not put his head down, shut up and say a prayer to himself?

What if the person next to Tim Tebow was a Muslim and asked the same question? Or a Jew? Or Mormon? Would the players have taken turns leaving the room while each person had their fair shot at prayer in your eyes?

Irish Stout
03-24-2010, 08:56 AM
I'd like to know his wonderlic score.

Growing up playing a lot of basketball, there were often moments of prayer. However, they were all held before and away from any game. The coach or player who wanted to conduct the session would inform people who wanted to participate that a prayer meeting would occur 30 minutes to an hour before the game at X location. Simple enough, you either went or you didn't.

Tebow could've done the same and therefore showed respect to his fellow man by giving them the opportunity for group prayer but not putting anyone in an awkward position right before taking a test.

That being said... no need to tell him to "Shut the **** up." Just tell him to shut up.

beanerbronco
03-24-2010, 08:57 AM
Why couldn't Tim Tebow not put his head down, shut up and say a prayer to himself?

What if the person next to Tim Tebow was a Muslim and asked the same question? Or a Jew? Or Mormon? Would the players have taken turns leaving the room while each person had their fair shot at prayer in your eyes?

Yes! He asked for a prayer, right? He didn't ask them to pray to God, Jesus or any specific entity. Who they chose to pray to (if they opt to pray) once their eyes are shut is entirely up to them.

Dagmar
03-24-2010, 09:09 AM
Yes! He asked for a prayer, right? He didn't ask them to pray to God, Jesus or any specific entity. Who they chose to pray to (if they opt to pray) once their eyes are shut is entirely up to them.

:spit: Forcing your beliefs on others before a test is stupid. he should have put his head down, prayed and got on with showing his below average intelligence.

Irish McStout. Here's the scores.

Sam Bradford, Oklahoma 36

Colt McCoy, Texas 25

Jimmy Clausen, Notre Dame 23

Tim Tebow 22

Kaylore
03-24-2010, 09:28 AM
Oh noes! Someone said a prayer! By doing that he's enslaving people around him to his views! It's like he just baptized everyone in the room and made them celebate for the rest of their lives! Oh the heavy yoke that must be bore when someone prays nearby!!! It's akin to slavery, I tell you! How can we tolerate such belligerent behavior?!?!?!

It's always funny to me that the atheists get all up in arms about this stuff. On the one hand they talk about how pointless religion is, how it's meaningless and a waste of time and does nothing... but THEN when someone *gasp* prays or makes reference to God in their presence, they go on their "OMG! OMG!!!! he-actually-PRAYED-in-front-of-me-i'm-being-repressed-even-though-I-just-said-its-meaningless-voodoo-but-really-I'm-scared-religion-will-give-me-cooties-and-turn-me-into-frog!!!!" act.

Get over it.

TailgateNut
03-24-2010, 09:38 AM

Bravo!!!:thumbsup:

TailgateNut
03-24-2010, 09:41 AM
:spit: Forcing your beliefs on others before a test is stupid. he should have put his head down, prayed and got on with showing his below average intelligence.

Irish McStout. Here's the scores.

Sam Bradford, Oklahoma 36

Colt McCoy, Texas 25

Jimmy Clausen, Notre Dame 23

Tim Tebow 22

Guess that prayer didn't help!

worm
03-24-2010, 09:50 AM
Oh noes! Someone said a prayer! By doing that he's enslaving people around him to his views! It's like he just baptized everyone in the room and made them celebate for the rest of their lives! Oh the heavy yoke that must be bore when someone prays nearby!!! It's akin to slavery, I tell you! How can we tolerate such belligerent behavior?!?!?!

It's always funny to me that the atheists get all up in arms about this stuff. On the one hand they talk about how pointless religion is, how it's meaningless and a waste of time and does nothing... but THEN when someone *gasp* prays or makes reference to God in their presence, they go on their "OMG! OMG!!!! he-actually-PRAYED-in-front-of-me-i'm-being-repressed-even-though-I-just-said-its-meaningless-voodoo-but-really-I'm-scared-religion-will-give-me-cooties-and-turn-me-into-frog!!!!" act.

Get over it.

Ohhh Tebow just said a prayer?

I read that antidote and interpreted it as Tebow, just before taking a test (probably very stressful to some), requested the entire room take a moment, bow their heads and pray.

Would it have been that hard for Tebow to just bow his own head, pray and let the rest of the room go about their own way of preparing for the test?

Talk about going overboard...

Archer81
03-24-2010, 09:55 AM

I read that antidote and interpreted it as Tebow, just before taking a test (probably very stressful to some), requested the entire room take a moment, bow their heads and pray.

Would it have been that hard for Tebow to just bow his own head, pray and let the rest of the room go about their own way of preparing for the test?

Talk about going overboard...

So who put the asshat who told him to shut the **** up in charge? I find it funny that most people who posted in this thread feel the jerkoff who swore is not at fault, while Tebow was "way out of line" for doing something he is known for.

If the article is even true. The more I think about it the more it sounds made up.

ColoradoDarin
03-24-2010, 10:05 AM
So who put the asshat who told him to shut the **** up in charge? I find it funny that most people who posted in this thread feel the jerkoff who swore is not at fault, while Tebow was "way out of line" for doing something he is known for.

If the article is even true. The more I think about it the more it sounds made up.

Yeah me too, plus it takes a month for this to come out? You'd think from the bravado, this would have come out the next day, at least w/i a week.

It's like telling your buddies that you told that cop where to put his nightstick... Yeah sure you did.

mr007
03-24-2010, 10:23 AM
I like the fact someone told him to shut the F up.

If I believe everyone is going to die and go to hell, I wouldn't sit there and say can we take a moment to ask the devil to be nice to us since we're all bad people?

You can take it a million different ways, Tebow was being an attention whore and exploiting his beliefs for whatever reason.

I'm down with drafting the guy who told him to shut it.

DivineBronco
03-24-2010, 11:13 AM
did you read this story at all?

Get over it.

Kaylore
03-24-2010, 12:34 PM

Would it be that hard for them to say "no thanks" and just move on? It's not like he has any authority or can make them do that and it's not like anyone will think less of them if they don't pray with Tebow before the test. Is this really a big deal?

no-pseudo-fan
03-24-2010, 01:15 PM
Here is the thing:

I don't mind Tebow leading a prayor, but asking the person who is in charge of giving the test or saying out loud to the group is kind of brown noseish and is not cool to me. Especially for QB's, that test is important. It is stressful.

If I were in that room, I wouldn't say anything but I wouldn't appreciate it. We get it, you are a holy roller. You are the boy that lived because your mom chose not to abort. You are the Greatest player in College Football History. But going out of your way to try to show up others is very uncool.

The guy that told Tebow to STFU is not cool either, but I understand.

If Tebow wanted to pray in a group he could do so before he went in, asking the others individually before hand if they wanted to join him.

Sodak
03-24-2010, 04:23 PM
I was talking to a Priest about my judgemental Jesus freak sister in-law. The Priest told me "There's nothing worse than a reformed whore". Awesome.

Tim, shut the **** up.

Bigdawg26
03-24-2010, 04:34 PM
LOL that is hilarious I won't that guy on my team! But it could have been McDaniels because they wouldn't let him lead the prayer!

bronco militia
03-24-2010, 08:49 PM
Tebow denies Wonderlic incident

Posted by Mike Florio on March 24, 2010 6:04 PM ET
So I had a telephone conversation today with quarterback Tim Tebow.

Ever heard of him?

He reached out, via agent Jimmy Sexton, in response to Tuesday night's story regarding the incident during the Wonderlic testing at the Scouting Combine. As a league source told us, Tebow said something in the testing room about saying a prayer. And then another player said something in response. And then some of the other players laughed.

But Tebow says it didn't happen.

"Not one single word of it is true," Tebow told me.

Tebow has a very genuine and disarming way about him. There's an innocence and kindness in his voice that conflicts with the image of a highly successful college quarterback, who was arguably one of the best college football players of all time.

He was nevertheless firm and resolute in his denial.

"One of the number one things for me is being someone of character and when I say something people can take it to the bank," Tebow said. "That story is absolutely not true."

Tebow then named several of the other players who were in the room, and he invited me to check his version with each of them.

Tebow explained that he said nothing to the group of roughly 100 players, and he said that he spoke only to BYU quarterback Max Hall.

After talking to Tebow, I immediately contacted the source for the story, who agreed with my assessment that Tebow is "the real deal." But the source didn't back down.

It's possible that Tebow made a comment intended for Hall that was overheard by another player, who then made a profane comment in response that was not heard by Tebow. Still, Sexton told me in a follow-up e-mail that Tebow "never said anything remotely close" to what had been attributed to him.

We'll keep digging on this one. We're confident that our source didn't make it up, but we were impressed by Tebow's willingness to reach out and explain his position. Though I'm usually even more skeptical when someone tells me multiple times in a seven-minute conversation that he always tells the truth, when Tebow said it I believed it.

That said, there has to be a way to harmonize the two stories. Tebow believes he's telling the truth, and I believe our source. We'll keep after this one and report back when we have more.

Dagmar
03-24-2010, 08:54 PM
http://i26.tinypic.com/2lldaub.jpg

http://blogs.themiamihurricane.com/media/blogs/UmFootball/Tebow_Onions.gif

I don't even hate the guy but like to laaaaaaaaaaaaaaugh!

SoCalBronco
03-25-2010, 12:06 AM
On a personal level...Tebow reminds me of another great Gator QB, Danny Wuerffel. Hopefully Tim will try to match all the wonderful things Danny did for people in the name of his faith. I dislike the Gators, but I have a ton of respect for those two guys....especially Wuerffel...what a great person.

TheReverend
03-25-2010, 12:15 AM
My question:

Who cares?

If the stories true:

Tebow chose to express his opinion.

Someone else chose to express his back to him.

Some others expressed theirs in laughter.

Others chose not to express theirs with silence.

Sounds fine to me, so who gives a ****.

Gort
03-25-2010, 12:55 AM
So all of the other witnesses in the room are talking crap to upset god boy?

your bigotry knows no bounds, does it?

bronco610
03-25-2010, 01:16 AM
Lets see, we have split the board picking sides over cutler, Shanny, and the beliefe in God....... What shall we argue about now? How about if water is wet?