PDA

View Full Version : mcdaniels interview at owners meetings

tsiguy96
03-23-2010, 09:52 AM
i think its live, ive been listening for like 15 minutes, prolly coulda posted it when it started but oh well

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=1862&audioID=2874&type=audio&year=&month=

tsiguy96
03-23-2010, 09:56 AM
ps, if this is old ill delete this, i cant tell :D

tsiguy96
03-23-2010, 10:00 AM
eddie will be moving a lot more at the WR position this year than last year.

haggan will be moving to mike, ayers likely taking full starting position.

Dagmar
03-23-2010, 10:00 AM
It's interesting listening and anytime I feel myself getting frustrated with any of his decisions when I hear him talk that all goes away. He conducts himself so well.

tsiguy96
03-23-2010, 10:03 AM
he repeatedly mentions xanders and his crew when it refers to personnel, i think xanders may have more to do with signings, draft and FA than we think.

Man-Goblin
03-23-2010, 10:13 AM
This is pretty awesome. Thanks for posting.

They're talking about the trip to London...I thought that was called off?

tsiguy96
03-23-2010, 10:13 AM
said we might be blitzing more this year because of winks background and personality

Dagmar
03-23-2010, 10:15 AM
This is pretty awesome. Thanks for posting.

They're talking about the trip to London...I thought that was called off?

When did you hear that nonsense? Halloween vs San Fran.

no-pseudo-fan
03-23-2010, 10:18 AM
There were talks of a 2nd game in London, but because of the CBA it has been scrapped.

Doggcow
03-23-2010, 10:19 AM
Wait, Ayers moving to a full time role?

NO, ALL OUR PICKS HAVE TO BE HORRIBLE BUSTS, THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING!

Dagmar
03-23-2010, 10:24 AM
There were talks of a 2nd game in London, but because of the CBA it has been scrapped.

Ah, I see.

crush17
03-23-2010, 10:27 AM
Thanks for posting TSI.

Man-Goblin
03-23-2010, 10:37 AM

Nuts. I thought it was ours. At least it's one less true road game they have to play.

Man-Goblin
03-23-2010, 10:39 AM
He just cleared his throat. He must be lying to us.

Dagmar
03-23-2010, 10:52 AM
*Question about the Offensive Line re : C or LG*

Josh - It's March!

no-pseudo-fan
03-23-2010, 11:11 AM
I wish one of the reporters would nail down Josh about B Marsh. He is double-talking all issues regarding RFA's.

"It is out of our hands, we did what we did and thats all. We did our part."

tsiguy96
03-23-2010, 11:13 AM
I wish one of the reporters would nail down Josh about B Marsh. He is double-talking all issues regarding RFA's.

"It is out of our hands, we did what we did and thats all. We did our part."

umm no hes not. they did their part, they assigned him a restricted tender offer sheet. thats all they have to do. other teams can talk to marshall all they want, and sign him if they choose. or marshall can sign his tender.

montrose
03-23-2010, 11:42 AM
Glad to hear McDaniels giving more props to Xanders. I've long thought he's helping make more decisions than given credit for and it would be beneficial to all parties if he became more of a public figure and shared the limelight with McDaniels.

On a negative note, I'm getting more and more concerned about the interior OL. It was our weakest position last year, and we haven't added anyone and at this point are assuming Olsen is going to develop and be an upgrade.

s0phr0syne
03-23-2010, 12:09 PM
Don't know how much stock to put into it, but McD mentioned Dustin Fry (apparently on our roster) as someone he was high on coming out of college in 2007 (drafted in the 5th round) by St.Louis and then spent a season on Carolina's practice squad.

Drek
03-23-2010, 12:32 PM
Glad to hear McDaniels giving more props to Xanders. I've long thought he's helping make more decisions than given credit for and it would be beneficial to all parties if he became more of a public figure and shared the limelight with McDaniels.

On a negative note, I'm getting more and more concerned about the interior OL. It was our weakest position last year, and we haven't added anyone and at this point are assuming Olsen is going to develop and be an upgrade.

If they're viewing Olsen as a guard then as of now he'll be competing with Hochstein, who was a solid starter after replacing Hamilton and before getting hurt last year. That isn't a bad position battle to have for an OG spot.

We need something to address center, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're waiting for the draft for that. I like this year's center class, top three guys could all probably start day one.

DBroncos4life
03-23-2010, 12:33 PM
Sometimes you're just in the right place at the right time at these NFL owners meetings. One of the more interesting exchanges I've ever witnessed at one of these occurred Monday morning while I was interviewing Mike Shanahan. The new Redskins coach stopped mid-sentence in one answer to greet and meet second-year Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels -- his successor in Denver -- for the first time.

"Hey, Josh, how are you?'' Shanahan said. McDaniel quickly replied: "I didn't have the chance to meet you before. It's my pleasure.''

The past and present Broncos head coaches then stood and chatted amiably, comparing notes on neighborhoods in Denver, and life in the Mile High City.

"We're only 10 minutes from work, and the kids love [the neighborhood],'' McDaniels said. "Coming from Boston and New England, it's totally different, but they love it.''

Shanahan, who just opened a restaurant in Denver, told McDaniels: "I was there 21 years as an assistant and head coach, and of all the places we've been, and we've been in a lot, it was the best place to raise a family. We thought it was the best for the kids. Your family is going to love it.''

How many Broncos fans would have loved to capture that little snapshot on their cell phone camera?
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/don_banks/03/22/snaps/1.html#ixzz0j1FNaCHr

PRBronco
03-23-2010, 12:36 PM
Sometimes you're just in the right place at the right time at these NFL owners meetings. One of the more interesting exchanges I've ever witnessed at one of these occurred Monday morning while I was interviewing Mike Shanahan. The new Redskins coach stopped mid-sentence in one answer to greet and meet second-year Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels -- his successor in Denver -- for the first time.

"Hey, Josh, how are you?'' Shanahan said. McDaniel quickly replied: "I didn't have the chance to meet you before. It's my pleasure.''

The past and present Broncos head coaches then stood and chatted amiably, comparing notes on neighborhoods in Denver, and life in the Mile High City.

"We're only 10 minutes from work, and the kids love [the neighborhood],'' McDaniels said. "Coming from Boston and New England, it's totally different, but they love it.''

Shanahan, who just opened a restaurant in Denver, told McDaniels: "I was there 21 years as an assistant and head coach, and of all the places we've been, and we've been in a lot, it was the best place to raise a family. We thought it was the best for the kids. Your family is going to love it.''

How many Broncos fans would have loved to capture that little snapshot on their cell phone camera?
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/don_banks/03/22/snaps/1.html#ixzz0j1FNaCHr

Ok so I cried a little. Big deal, wanna make something of it?

cmhargrove
03-23-2010, 12:40 PM

I wonder if Mike told Josh the secret to his year round "Shana-tan."

Dagmar

Shanahan was talking with the devil?

s0phr0syne

Badass. I mean expected, and not that big of deal, but still badass. I love Shanny! Can't wait to see Denver beat DC (in another couple of years?)

cmhargrove
03-23-2010, 03:17 PM
eddie will be moving a lot more at the WR position this year than last year.

haggan will be moving to mike, ayers likely taking full starting position.

Hopefully, this means no McClain at #11.

misturanderson
03-23-2010, 05:07 PM
Hopefully, this means no McClain at #11.

After the Chrone's disease thing came out and after his pro day, I doubt he was really an option at 11 anyway. I just hope that we can pick up a lineman of decent value or that Berry falls into our lap at that pick.