PDA

View Full Version : OT - Jay-Z at Pepsi Center tonight! Who's going?

Carmelo15
03-22-2010, 03:36 PM
The (young) people in the city of Denver seem to be pretty hyped for this concert tonight. Should be a great show! Young Jeezy, Trey Songz & Pharrell will be performing as well. How many of you guys are going? I know I'm excited to be there tonight!

If you don't like Jay-Z or more likely hip-hop in general, don't even bother responding to the thread. No need for the hate. Like Hov would say, just go 'on to the next, on, on to the next one'.

BMarsh615
03-22-2010, 03:50 PM
Darrell Reid is throwing an afterparty after the concert. 20 bucks for a ticket. http://www.ninefiveentertainment.com/

Carmelo15
03-22-2010, 04:10 PM
Damn that afterparty sounds like its gonna be live! But I got class at 7am tomorrow. Worse yet, I have to take a final. Let me know how it is!

OBF1
03-22-2010, 04:49 PM
I will be missing it.

broncosteven
03-22-2010, 05:41 PM
I will be missing it.

Me too unless Gene is throwing his own after party...

Garcia Bronco
03-22-2010, 05:52 PM
Sounds like an awesomely gay time.

OBF1
03-22-2010, 06:14 PM

Not that there is anything wrong with that :thumbsup:

Requiem
03-22-2010, 06:20 PM
Hope you have fun!

RhymesayersDU
03-22-2010, 06:41 PM

You're certainly an expert on the subject.

Dudeskey
03-22-2010, 08:37 PM
Hope its a good show, Jay Z's not one of my favorite rappers (overrated IMO), but I did like most his stuff w/ Just Blaze. But this always got me a chuckle...
<object width="480" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ybEZF4Vbe3A&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></object>

And for the record I'm not a dipset fan ;D

Garcia Bronco
03-22-2010, 09:33 PM
You're certainly an expert on the subject.

awwwwe, did I make fun if your music sampler?

KevinJames
03-22-2010, 09:50 PM
I had to miss the Jay-Z concert when he was in my city my bro and his girlfriend went they said it was the best concert ever, I really wish I could of gone.

Have fun man.

Taco John
03-22-2010, 10:04 PM
Hope its a good show, Jay Z's not one of my favorite rappers (overrated IMO), but I did like most his stuff w/ Just Blaze. But this always got me a chuckle...
<object width="480" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ybEZF4Vbe3A&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></object>

And for the record I'm not a dipset fan ;D

Wow. Jay-menZia

Garcia Bronco
03-23-2010, 05:42 AM
not as gay as watching your Jayhawks choke another one. Team must have chocked on some serious wang.

Huh? My team beat the Huskies in the NIT yesterday.

Pick Six
03-23-2010, 09:36 AM
It would be cool to see Jay-Z. I've never heard of the other people the OP mentioned...

TailgateNut
03-23-2010, 10:02 AM
I will be missing it.

That makes two of us. :~ohyah!:

Crashman44b
03-23-2010, 10:20 AM
Wouldnt walk across the street for it.

Dagmar
03-23-2010, 10:21 AM
Wouldnt walk across the street for it.

You'd be a bit late anyway.

Crashman44b
03-23-2010, 10:24 AM
You'd be a bit late anyway.

LOL, must have been last night. I miss all the news in the mountains.

broncosteven
03-23-2010, 11:14 AM
I had to miss the Jay-Z concert when he was in my city my bro and his girlfriend went they said it was the best concert ever, I really wish I could of gone.

Have fun man.

It can't be the best concert ever unless the rhythm guitarist takes a 10 minute solo during which he must retune while playing. I experienced this During the 1989 Aerosmith tour that Guns and Roses opened on. It was a true Spinal tap moment.

Of course this is rap we are talking about and no one actually plays anything.

bronco militia
03-23-2010, 11:36 AM
hopefully no one got shot

Requiem
03-23-2010, 11:39 AM

Not true, gotta come out to the Middlewest and hear a lot of groups who do hip-hop/rap with real live instruments. Great stuff!

Los Broncos
03-23-2010, 11:49 AM
[QUOTE=broncosteven;2785922]It can't be the best concert ever unless the rhythm guitarist takes a 10 minute solo during which he must retune while playing. I experienced this During the 1989 Aerosmith tour that Guns and Roses opened on. It was a true Spinal tap moment.

Not always, but for the most part it is true.

Carmelo15
03-23-2010, 11:53 AM
Man you old guys are sounding real ignorant. No one got shot. And Jay-Z actually had a live band playing behind him. The concert was one of the performances I've ever experienced. Jay-Z was amazing, he actually was a lot better performer than I even imagined. He put on a great show! Young Jeezy had a great performance as well. Some artists are better in person than on cd's. Jeezy is definitely one of those guys, and t my surprise Jay-Z was as well. Trey Songz held it down for the ladies as well. GREAT CONCERT!!!

I went to the afterparty after all. Gave in to the peer pressure. Was defintitely worth it thoough, I knew Denver had some nice women but I've never seen so many dime pieces in my life! DJ Clue keep the party going.

Consequently, I overslept this morning showed up an hour late for my final this morning! I only slept 3 hours. Still got an A+ so its all good ha. It was definitely worth it though. Now I'm goin to sleep!....

bronco militia
03-23-2010, 12:03 PM
Man you old guys are sounding real ignorant. No one got shot. !....

thank god

Carmelo15
03-23-2010, 12:25 PM
thank god

Classic subliminal racism. I would expect nothing less from a guy from Springs, with militia in his name nonetheless.

WolfpackGuy
03-23-2010, 12:29 PM
Young Jeezy had a great performance as well. Some artists are better in person than on cd's. Jeezy is definitely one of those guys, and t my surprise Jay-Z was as well. Trey Songz held it down for the ladies as well.

Never been a big fan of Jay-Z, but sounds like a good show with Jeezy and Trey Songz there.

Dagmar
03-23-2010, 12:39 PM
thank god

From Colorado Springs = Check
Militia? Check.
Metallica. Check.

Garcia Bronco
03-23-2010, 12:41 PM

Some do actually have live music, but I agree, if you are payig good money to watch a guy play with his radio...welll...you know what they say about a fool and his money?

bronco militia
03-23-2010, 12:45 PM
Awesome!! You guys figured me out!!!

Garcia Bronco
03-23-2010, 12:46 PM
Classic subliminal racism. I would expect nothing less from a guy from Springs, with militia in his name nonetheless.

You could call it racism, but the reality is hip-hop produces a good deal of violence. It's not the first type of fad that has done this and nor will it be the last. To contend that it's because MAYBE the majority of the crowd is not "white" has little bariing on the truth. Only a racist sees racism in simple observation, bigoted pig.

bronco militia
03-23-2010, 12:49 PM
but wait...aren't you going to ask me how many black/brown/yellow friends I have?!?!

Dagmar
03-23-2010, 12:52 PM
but wait...aren't you going to ask me how many black/brown/yellow friends I have?!?!

You are friends with the Simpsons?

I have never seen another "yellow person".

When I born, I Black

When I grow up, I Black

When I go in sun, I Black

When I scared, I Black

When I cold, I Black

When I sick, I Black

When I ill, I Black

When I die, I still Black

And you white fella

When you born, you pink

When you grow, you white

When you go in sun, you red

When you scared, you yellow

When you cold, you blue

When you sick, you green

And when you die, you gray

And you calling ME Coloured?

bronco militia
03-23-2010, 12:56 PM
You are friends with the Simpsons?

I have never seen another "yellow person".

sorry....I forgot I was a racist. I ment oriental :~ohyah!:

DBruleU
03-23-2010, 12:58 PM
That was a giant Obama rally.

Beantown Bronco
03-23-2010, 12:58 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ITz3fTQH4zc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ITz3fTQH4zc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Carmelo15
03-23-2010, 01:17 PM
That was a giant Obama rally.

Funny you say that, Jay-Z played this clip before performing his song that Obama was referencing to...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/W8vXkR7WDEc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/W8vXkR7WDEc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

America is browning. I know its scary for some of you...

Rabb
03-23-2010, 01:30 PM
well at least we managed to make this a race thread

morons...sometimes the ignore list just fills itself out

cutthemdown
Jay Z stinks. Long live Biggie and Tupac. Everyone still just ripping off their flow.

Crashman44b
Funny you say that, Jay-Z played this clip before performing his song that Obama was referencing to...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/W8vXkR7WDEc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/W8vXkR7WDEc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

America is browning. I know its scary for some of you...

We still have hockey and nascar.

TDmvp
03-23-2010, 01:38 PM
With all the racist talk in this , I find it funny no has brought up if anyone is racist I'm going to have to say it's probably Jay Z.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZS88qRu4eA

Garcia Bronco
03-23-2010, 01:40 PM
People think Hip-Hop produces violence and it's some new thing.

Here's a song from the early 60's long before Grand Master Flash, RUN DMC, Dana Dane, Slick Rick, NWA, and Snoop Gangster. It's about drinking, gambling, stealin' and killing.

"Me and my uncle went ridin down,
South Colorado, West Texas bound.
We stopped over in Santa Fe,
That bein the point just about half way,
And you know it was the hottest part of the day.

I took the horses up to the stall,
Went to the barroom, ordered drinks for all.
Three days in the saddle, you know my body hurt,
It bein summer, I took off my shirt,
And I tried to wash off some of that dusty dirt.

When texas cowboys, theys all around,
With liquor and money, they loaded down.
So soon after payday, know it seemed a shame;
You know my uncle, he starts a friendly game,
High-low jack and the winner take the hand.

My uncle starts winnin; cowboys got sore.
One of them called him, and then two more,
Accused him of cheatin; oh no, it couldnt be.
I know my uncle, hes as honest as me,
And Im as honest as a Denver man can be.

One of them cowboys, he starts to draw,
And I shot him down, lord he never saw.
Well I grabbed a bottle, cracked him in the jaw,
Shot me another, oh damn he wont grow old.
In the confusion, my uncle grabbed the gold,
And we high-tailed it down to mexico.

I love those cowboys, I love their gold,
I loved my uncle, God rest his soul,
Taught me good, lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, I grabbed that gold
And I left his dead ass there by the side of the road.

Flex Gunmetal
03-23-2010, 02:22 PM
There are some stupid jerkoffs ITT.

Los Broncos
03-23-2010, 02:44 PM
I listen to music I can kind of relate too.

Rap just isn't it...

Florida_Bronco
03-23-2010, 02:51 PM
What happened to being retired?

bronco militia
03-23-2010, 04:20 PM
I'm just glad no one got shot. It was some racist asshole that started finger pointing

crush17
03-23-2010, 04:28 PM
Jay Z stinks. Long live Biggie and Tupac. Everyone still just ripping off their flow.

Spoken like someone who has no idea what hip hop really is...

SportinOne
03-23-2010, 04:36 PM
So did ANYONE who went to the show last night catch any of Sound Tribe Sector 9? It surprised me to see them opening for Jay Z of all people but they are extremely good, especially if you pick the right poison..

baja
03-23-2010, 04:47 PM
I thought you were talking about this person.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._Z._Knight

http://carmelourso.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/jz-knight-ramtha.jpg

Dudeskey
03-23-2010, 05:38 PM
Wow. Jay-menZia

Yup :wiggle:

SouthStndJunkie
03-23-2010, 06:02 PM

Yep....I met militia for a game once and he refused to sit next to me because I was too tanned. You could see the hatred in his eyes.

He's a regular Clayton Bigsby.

SouthStndJunkie
03-23-2010, 06:05 PM

Here's a song from the early 60's long before Grand Master Flash, RUN DMC, Dana Dane, Slick Rick, NWA, and Snoop Gangster. It's about drinking, gambling, stealin' and killing.

"Me and My Uncle"....my favorite Grateful Dead song.

bronco militia
03-23-2010, 07:16 PM
Yep....I met militia for a game once and he refused to sit next to me because I was too tanned. You could see the hatred in his eyes.

He's a regular Clayton Bigsby.

no, you are gay.....I don't sit next to fags

:~ohyah!:

broncosteven
03-23-2010, 07:57 PM
Not true, gotta come out to the Middlewest and hear a lot of groups who do hip-hop/rap with real live instruments. Great stuff!

Your right I did generalized and stereotyped too much in my response. I have seen some acts on Austin City limits this year who rap behind musicians and acts that just used samples/turntables.

I find it funny that those type of acts seem to do less hardcore stuff about hoes and bitches and guns and killing though. Maybe I am wrong about that also...

There was a dude on Austin City Limits from Africa who I watched and he did this long rap about violence and how he grew up around it, I think he did it a capella, and it was interesting not something I want to hear more than once but you could tell he worked his craft. He had a band and they did a lot of rhythm stuff. I miss the days when songs started with a lyrical/melodic hook an AABACAB (Not the Genesis song even though it kicks ass!) or BABABCABB form. AAAAAAA or AABABABB gets old.

The dude I was responding to said it was the best show he ever saw. I am guessing to him it was. I should have let him have his joy unmolested.

broncosteven
03-23-2010, 08:02 PM

The Blues are full of songs about killing the woman they loved or the guy who loved them while they weren't there.

Leadbelly sang some I would have to google to refresh my memory.

Dudeskey
03-23-2010, 08:47 PM

Nothing new w/ live bands. There's an MTV performance from Warren G back in the day that was pretty good, can't find it though...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9lMXDl-AfJE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9lMXDl-AfJE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

SouthStndJunkie
03-23-2010, 08:49 PM
no, you are gay.....I don't sit next to fags

:~ohyah!:

You bought me beers all game and then tried humping me in the parking lot after the game.

bronco militia
03-23-2010, 09:07 PM
You bought me beers all game and then tried humping me in the parking lot after the game.

so you don't deny your'e gay...:giggle:

SouthStndJunkie
03-23-2010, 09:19 PM
so you don't deny your'e gay...:giggle:

Don't let the rubber fists fool you.

Garcia Bronco
03-24-2010, 05:14 AM
"Me and My Uncle"....my favorite Grateful Dead song.

They played it over 600 times in 29 years. It's considered the most played Dead song, but they didn't write it. Marty Robbins 'El Paso' is also a good song. It also a rahter dark story.