PDA

View Full Version : Broncos to open the 2010 season on MNF?

coachmastermind
03-22-2010, 10:18 AM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/03/22/broncos-next-schedule-request-indy-in-week-16-or-17/

Broncos next schedule request: Indy in Week 16 or 17

By Mike Klis (http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/author/mike-klis/)

<!--Retweet (http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/03/22/broncos-next-schedule-request-indy-in-week-16-or-17/)
-->

Orlando, Fla. _ Just kidding. Kinda. It’s actually been a joke making the rounds that the No. 1 request NFL schedule czar Howard Katz has received this year is from teams wanting to play Peyton Manning’s Indianapolis Colts in one of the final two weeks of the season.

The Colts pretty much start every season 10-0 and have their AFC playoff seed wrapped up well before season’s end. The Colts were 14-0 last season when they tanked Game 15 against the New York Jets.

Thanks to the Colts’ charity, the 7-7 Jets rose to win that game and go on to qualify for, and make a long run into, the AFC playoffs.
The Broncos will play the Colts at Invesco Field at Mile High, at an unspecified date, this year. The odds of a Broncos victory would increase if that game is played on either Dec. 26 or Jan. 2.

The Broncos are expecting to open the 2010 season at home with a Monday night game Sept. 13 against the Oakland Raiders. A league announcement is expected within a couple hours.

The Broncos do know for certain they will play the San Francisco 49ers on Oct. 31 at London’s Wembley Stadium. That game will kick off at 5 p.m. London time, 11 a.m. Mountain.

BigPlayShay
03-22-2010, 10:28 AM
I hope so. 5 years without opening up at home is pretty ridiculous.

coachmastermind
03-22-2010, 11:30 AM
Looks like we have to wait until Tuesday to find out...

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/03/22/primetime-announcement-postponed/

Primetime announcement postponed
By Mike Klis

Share Share The NFL was planning to announce today its primetime matchups for the season-opening week and Thanksgiving. But I just talked to NFL schedule maker Howard Katz and he says he needs more time before he can lock anything in. The announcement is now tentatively planned for Tuesday.

The Broncos are hoping to begin the season by hosting the Oakland Raiders on Monday night.

TailgateNut
03-22-2010, 11:34 AM
Looks like we have to wait until Tuesday to find out...

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/03/22/primetime-announcement-postponed/

Primetime announcement postponed
By Mike Klis

Share Share The NFL was planning to announce today its primetime matchups for the season-opening week and Thanksgiving. But I just talked to NFL schedule maker Howard Katz and he says he needs more time before he can lock anything in. The announcement is now tentatively planned for Tuesday.

The Broncos are hoping to begin the season by BEATING THE SNOT OUT OF the Oakland Raiders on Monday night.

Fixed it for you!;D

Borks147
03-22-2010, 07:04 PM
We've been cursed playing against the Raiders in Denver lately. that sucks.

hades
03-22-2010, 07:32 PM
Dangit, hurry up and get the schedule out so I know when to plan my Colorado trip! I have made the home opener for several years in a row now, don't want to miss out this year!

tsiguy96
03-22-2010, 07:34 PM
didnt we open 2 years ago at oakland and destroyed them? we scored like 10% of our points for the season that game, hit a solid 33% by game 3. then.....THE SLIDE!

Sassy
03-22-2010, 07:46 PM
The Broncos are expecting to open the 2010 season at home with a Monday night game Sept. 13 against the Oakland Raiders

OMANE WEEKEND??? ;D

Sassy
03-22-2010, 07:56 PM
Right now the VQ is $99 per night that weekend.

Sassy
03-22-2010, 08:01 PM
Fixed it for you!;D

Can we watch your new tv that weekend Leo ;D:thumbsup:

Meck77
03-22-2010, 08:14 PM
OMANE WEEKEND??? ;D

Without a doubt!

Sassy
03-22-2010, 08:20 PM
Without a doubt!

and the return of OF1 !!!! ??? Please!!!! :~ohyah!:

Sassy
03-23-2010, 06:31 PM

Well Meck...what do you say? ;D

Dagmar
03-23-2010, 06:34 PM
I think this might not get announced till April now. Grrrrrrrr.

missingnumber7
03-23-2010, 06:38 PM

I second this...I would love to see the bus.

Los Broncos
03-23-2010, 08:36 PM
That would be a cool Orangemane weekend.

Fly out Friday and come back Tuesday.

Sassy
03-23-2010, 10:13 PM

Rockies are also in Town...against the Diamondbacks and the Padres.

tsiguy96
03-23-2010, 10:16 PM
if it is, maybe ill make it out for broncos and rockies game. last time that happened though, holy **** i couldnt even make it through half the rockies game.

Los Broncos
03-23-2010, 10:17 PM
Rockies are also in Town...against the Diamondbacks and the Padres.

Nice, nothing like a double header.

RonDaChamp24
03-24-2010, 01:57 AM

If this is true that's what I'll be doing! Really hope this happens!

OBF1
03-24-2010, 02:02 AM
Per NFL.COM

ORLANDO, Fla. -- In a change from the norm, the league will not announce any games scheduled for the 2010 season at the NFL Annual Meeting this week, a league source said Tuesday.

Generally, the league would announce some key primetime matchups during the meeting, but that will not be the case this year. There are some unresolved issues, and the schedule isn't ready for these games to be locked in yet.

An announcement on the full schedule is expected to come at once in mid-April.

missingnumber7
03-24-2010, 08:15 AM
Per NFL.COM

ORLANDO, Fla. -- In a change from the norm, the league will not announce any games scheduled for the 2010 season at the NFL Annual Meeting this week, a league source said Tuesday.

Generally, the league would announce some key primetime matchups during the meeting, but that will not be the case this year. There are some unresolved issues, and the schedule isn't ready for these games to be locked in yet.

An announcement on the full schedule is expected to come at once in mid-April.

Which will then be pushed back to the begining of may...the league will then announce that they will schedule games two weeks ahead of time.

Garcia Bronco
03-24-2010, 09:02 AM
if it is, maybe ill make it out for broncos and rockies game. last time that happened though, holy **** i couldnt even make it through half the rockies game.

2 reasons...you didn't pace yourself and watching baseball is like watching flys ****.

Hogan11
03-24-2010, 09:12 AM

There's no way I'd try to make both games on the same day (give up too much valuable tailgating time). I do however like the fact that catching Rockies games on both Sunday and Tuesday against two different teams is in play if this scheduled date holds up.

Kaylore
03-24-2010, 09:20 AM
We've been cursed playing against the Raiders in Denver lately. that sucks.

That's not a lately thing. It's been that way for years. Even with Shanahan's awesome record against the Raiders, most of those loses came at home. The Elam snow game, the game where their linebackers kept picking us off and returning it for TD's, Lamont Jordan running all over us.

Bottom line is the Raiders seem to beat us at home and it's a trend that needs to stop.

bronco militia
03-24-2010, 09:32 AM
That's not a lately thing. It's been that way for years. Even with Shanahan's awesome record against the Raiders, most of those loses came at home. The Elam snow game, the game where their linebackers kept picking us off and returning it for TD's, Lamont Jordan running all over us.

Bottom line is the Raiders seem to beat us at home and it's a trend that needs to stop.

I think the raiders are 4-5 at Invesco with a two year winning streak

Dagmar
03-24-2010, 09:59 AM
I read somewhere else that Goodell hinted that weeks 16 and 17 would be entirely division games thus the delay in releasing the schedule?

tsiguy96
03-24-2010, 10:11 AM
2 reasons...you didn't pace yourself and watching baseball is like watching flys ****.

we started drinking at 9am, i went home and watched the game on tv a few days later and was like holy **** i dont remember that! overtime kick for the win was awesome though. the end zone erupted first, then the rest of the stadium.

Garcia Bronco
03-24-2010, 10:45 AM
we started drinking at 9am, i went home and watched the game on tv a few days later and was like holy **** i dont remember that! overtime kick for the win was awesome though. the end zone erupted first, then the rest of the stadium.

Nice.