PDA

View Full Version : Why is IMAX Hubble 3D only showing in CA and AL?

ZONA
03-20-2010, 10:38 PM
I've been waiting for this movie forever it seems and now I find out it's not even showing anywhere besides 2 frickin states. What's up with that?

Killericon
03-20-2010, 11:58 PM
I don't know but I'm mad as hell about it.

OBF1
03-21-2010, 12:05 AM
Why not call them and find out???

gunns
03-21-2010, 12:05 AM
It's showing here in SLC. We're going to see it tomorrow.

It's showing at Clark Planetarium here. Do you have something like that there?

houghtam
03-21-2010, 08:51 AM
As someone who runs a movie theater, I can tell you it's because IMAX has gone mainstream with the movies it chooses to play. If you look at most IMAX screens in your area, I can bet they are all playing Alice and Wonderland or Avatar. And next week it will be How to Train Your Dragon. As much as I would love to see Hubble 3D, your best bet is going to be at traditional IMAX locations, that is, those in planetariums, etc., not conventional movie theaters.

It's all about the $$$.

elsid13
03-21-2010, 09:02 AM
I've been waiting for this movie forever it seems and now I find out it's not even showing anywhere besides 2 frickin states. What's up with that?

It rolling out to other states. It showing in Rocker Center in AL and in CA because that were it was produced. Patience, you will see it at most IMAX location in early spring.

broncosteven
03-21-2010, 09:47 AM
I am still waiting for the Imax movie about Gene...in motherfreaking 3D!

His flattop crew cut would be like 10 feet high.

elsid13
03-21-2010, 10:03 AM
I am still waiting for the Imax movie about Gene...in motherfreaking 3D!

His flattop crew cut would be like 10 feet high.

you have a problem, and the only cure might be shock therapy and lobotomy

JimmyFocus
03-21-2010, 10:18 AM
As someone who runs a movie theater, I can tell you it's because IMAX has gone mainstream with the movies it chooses to play. If you look at most IMAX screens in your area, I can bet they are all playing Alice and Wonderland or Avatar. And next week it will be How to Train Your Dragon. As much as I would love to see Hubble 3D, your best bet is going to be at traditional IMAX locations, that is, those in planetariums, etc., not conventional movie theaters.

It's all about the $$$.

Actually at the one here in Denver they arent showing any mainstream movies anymore only educational films. As of the first of the year

broncosteven
03-21-2010, 10:36 AM
you have a problem, and the only cure might be shock therapy and lobotomy

Why cure something that is so awesome?

Gene encompases my love of Computers, space flight, project management into one entity. What being, after Beethoven's genius, could be more perfect?

Cito Pelon
03-21-2010, 10:39 AM
I'd love to see Hubble IMAX. The Hubble pics are just plain awesome. I've spent $5 on the the Deep Field posters from http://www.astrosociety.org/ and spent $35 buying frames for them. They sure look good around the house.

Zoobie
03-21-2010, 11:47 AM
its playing at the OMSI Theatre here in Portland,OR

ZONA
03-22-2010, 01:04 AM
I'd love to see Hubble IMAX. The Hubble pics are just plain awesome. I've spent $5 on the the Deep Field posters from http://www.astrosociety.org/ and spent $35 buying frames for them. They sure look good around the house.

lol.

I spent about 10 hours in photoshop cleaning up the background noise on that photo so that all the brightest stars, galaxies and nebulas looked more brilliant. It doesn't look so grainy now. That's one big ass photo, lol.

long beach bronco
03-22-2010, 05:00 AM
I guess because we are special here in Cali. ;)

dbfan4life
03-22-2010, 07:37 AM
Just saw this in Alamogordo, NM this weekend @ NM Museum of Space History.

Garcia Bronco
03-22-2010, 08:39 AM

It's all about the $$$.

I've noticed that. I went to a traditional movie theatre that had "IMAX" and it was tiny.

Cito Pelon
03-22-2010, 09:21 AM
lol.

I spent about 10 hours in photoshop cleaning up the background noise on that photo so that all the brightest stars, galaxies and nebulas looked more brilliant. It doesn't look so grainy now. That's one big ass photo, lol.

You cleaned up the Deep Field? I thought they were great originally. I bought Deep Field posters from The Astronomical Society of the Pacific many years ago, and they seem very clear.

What I like about the posters is they show the original section of sky just above the Big Dipper as viewed from Earth, then show the first blowup of that tiny section, then show the Deep Field blowup of that tiny little section of sky that reveals nothing to the naked eye - and in that tiny little section of sky there's thousands of galaxies, nebulas. Awesome.