PDA

View Full Version : March Madness: West Coast Pride

Doggcow
03-20-2010, 04:19 PM
PAC-10 2-0 vs Vitale's supposed best conference (Big east).

UW Winning right now Vs (3) UNM, and Cal already blew out Louisville!

Zags and St. Mary's doing work, SMC just knocked off Nova for their Sweet Sixteen berth!

All the east-coast bias has **** on the west all season, loving watching them pull upset after upset!

(I'm a Coug and I'm still cheering for UW at this point!)

BroncoBuff
03-20-2010, 05:23 PM
I was shocked UW was seeded so low .... obviously I was right ;D

Doggcow
03-20-2010, 05:29 PM
I was shocked UW was seeded so low .... obviously I was right ;D

The way they played all season, they deserved it tbh. They didn't play with any heart or energy all season. Now everything is coming together and they're looking pretty good though.

Doggcow
03-20-2010, 05:29 PM
Rock Chalk losing to Northern Iowa... ROFL... The media really ****ed up this year.

gunns
03-20-2010, 05:34 PM
If Kansas loses there goes a lot of peoples brackets

Doggcow
03-20-2010, 05:54 PM
If Kansas loses there goes a lot of peoples brackets

ROFL, that **** is hilarious.

The PAC-10 is weak....

Yep.

Natedog24
03-20-2010, 06:12 PM
Pretty pleased as a Pac 10 fanboy right now, but I'll really celebrate if Cal can somehow find their way to the sweet sixteen as well, that would be awesome.

Pretty awesome that St Mary's found their way to the sweet sixteen as well, I followed them a lot this year (as well as Gonzaga), fun teams to watch.

BroncoBuff
03-20-2010, 06:13 PM
The way they played all season, they deserved it tbh. They didn't play with any heart or energy all season. Now everything is coming together and they're looking pretty good though.

They won their last seven in a row, and won the Pac 10 tourney.

All that bullcrap the selectors run about "how teams finish the season matters,' that's all bull. And they should feel rightly a bit embarrassed.

Huskies could've won by 30 had they wanted to.

Doggcow
03-20-2010, 06:17 PM
They won their last seven in a row, and won the ac 10 tourney.

All that bullcrap the selectors run about "how teams finish the season matters,' that's all bull. And they should feel rightly a bit embarrassed.

I'll admit my bias, I go to WSU and my sister goes to UW. I believe UW is a talented team, a lot like the Cougs (With a WAY better head coach), that can beat the **** out of anyone if they play like they can. The problem was UW didn't start getting it together until the end of the season.

Holliday and Bryan-Amaning have really been playing off the chain as of late.

BroncoBuff
03-20-2010, 06:19 PM
I'll admit my bias, I go to WSU and my sister goes to UW. I believe UW is a talented team, a lot like the Cougs (With a WAY better head coach), that can beat the **** out of anyone if they play like they can. The problem was UW didn't start getting it together until the end of the season.

Holliday and Bryan-Amaning have really been playing off the chain as of late.

I see ... well, at least you're honest. I really think they could've won by 30 or more today ... they ran up that 20 point lead in the first half, and spent the last 3/4 of the game just nursing it.

They're just my adopt-a-team anyway, kinda lame for me to run smack :~ohyah!:

Doggcow
03-20-2010, 06:23 PM
I see ... well, at least you're honest. I really think they could've won by 30 or more today ... they ran up that 20 point lead in the first half, and spent the last 3/4 of the game just nursing it.

They're just my adopt-a-team anyway, kinda lame for me to run smack :~ohyah!:

Yeah, the huskies looked scary good today. UNM ran into a buzzsaw, I think UW would have beat KState/Kentucky/whoever they played today by double digits.

Watch out for the Cougs next year though. A year in the new system may prove to be a big difference, plus we only had 1 upperclassmen on the team.

broncocalijohn
03-20-2010, 11:50 PM
As a Trojan fan, love to see the conference play well and especially after a pretty bad year. Best was a few years ago when we had 3 make the sweet 16 and 2 to the Elite 8 (including the Trojans). This could make up for a down year. Congrats CAL and UW!

SoCalBronco
03-20-2010, 11:52 PM
As an alum of a fellow WCC school, I'm glad to see Gonzaga won their first round game....especially since the opponent was Florida State.

worm
03-21-2010, 12:01 AM
As an alum of a fellow WCC school, I'm glad to see Gonzaga won their first round game....especially since the opponent was Florida State.

Always a soft spot in my heart for the Lions. Since the Hank, Bo, Peabody days.

I think the Zags have a great shot of bringing down Syracuse tomorrow. They have been battle-tested all year. They are my elite 8 sleeper team.

SoCalBronco
03-21-2010, 12:08 AM
Always a soft spot in my heart for the Lions. Since the Hank, Bo, Peabody days.

http://www.cnnsi.com/features/galleries/2002/then_and_now/kimble/900326.jpg

One day...we'll be back in the tournament.