PDA

View Full Version : NFL Sunday Ticket.

DenverBroncosJM
03-19-2010, 12:24 PM
Just called for $%#s and giggles....314.99 this year WITHOUT Superfan

BlaK-Argentina
03-19-2010, 12:27 PM
I don't even want to imagine how much it is going to cost me this year.

watermock
03-19-2010, 12:28 PM
Time to break this monopoly.

It's becoming 10% of tax revenue.

It's become obcene now, along with the bankers.

OBF1
03-19-2010, 12:28 PM
Just another reason to hit up your local sports bar during the season.

Drunk Monkey
03-19-2010, 12:52 PM
Just another reason to hit up your local sports bar during the season.

Yup, Hooters is my new Sunday hangout during football season.

Garcia Bronco
03-19-2010, 12:53 PM
That **** is the biggest waste on money. You could move out here and go to 6 homes games for that much money.

Arkansas Bronco
03-19-2010, 12:57 PM
Im done with it. Ive got it for several years now but prices just keep going up. Guess im going to have to start visiting a sports bar as well.

DenverBroncosJM
03-19-2010, 01:02 PM
It went up 50.00 from last year. The lady I spoke with told me to wait till closer the season and they would offer 20.00 off a month. Not a big fan of the dog and pony show just to get a decent price.

BlueCrusher
03-19-2010, 01:04 PM
Im done with it. Ive got it for several years now but prices just keep going up. Guess im going to have to start visiting a sports bar as well.

Same here. I've had it for about 10 years now, but that is just bs.

Dagmar
03-19-2010, 01:07 PM
NFL Redzone darlings.

maher_tyler
03-19-2010, 01:15 PM
NFL Redzone darlings.

F that! I want to watch the whole game! I'll be deployed this season so it doesn't matter! $314 is insane but there are idiots out there that will pay for it and thats why they can keep raising the prices on ****!!

backup qb
03-19-2010, 01:26 PM
I am one of the idiots. I don't know how I would live without it. I don't have any decent sports bars around as I live in a small town. Not to mention, I prefer to watch by myself. ****!

Dagmar
03-19-2010, 01:29 PM
F that! I want to watch the whole game! I'll be deployed this season so it doesn't matter! $314 is insane but there are idiots out there that will pay for it and thats why they can keep raising the prices on ****!!

Sorry, I forget I live in Co.

Beantown Bronco
03-19-2010, 01:35 PM
$300 is only insane if more than 10 of their games are going to be broadcast in your local market. Anyone advocating going to a bar instead, for money reasons alone, are misguided. Food tips and drinks in the average sports bar would run me AT LEAST $50 a week, more if Mrs Bean and the kids came along.

I'd burn through that $300 pretty quick in a bar setting.

Rabb
03-19-2010, 01:39 PM
$300 is only insane if more than 10 of their games are going to be broadcast in your local market. Anyone advocating going to a bar instead, for money reasons alone, are misguided. Food tips and drinks in the average sports bar would run me AT LEAST $50 a week, more if Mrs Bean and the kids came along.

I know this is not the same, but when I went to Vegas last fall I went to ESPN Zone and watched the Cowboys/Broncos game and they had some minimum per person per hour thing

3 of us spent like 300 bucks by the end of the game, granted we were all really trashed

TDmvp
03-19-2010, 01:40 PM
Personally I don't see the big deal ... As someone who lives in Ohio I see it as not that much to actually get to see the game I want and not be forced to watch the crap games the networks show me.

After my Broncos go off I can watch whatever game effects me or whatever game is good.

As much as it cost to go to one game , I see Sunday ticket as a bargain , I get to see every game in my home with no morons and if you break it down at cost per game when you are getting 12-16 games a week it aint that much really.

tsiguy96
03-19-2010, 01:41 PM
watch it online. its a bitch sometimes because the stream cuts out (i didnt see the immaculate deflection until almost 30 minutes after it happened) but for the most part you get hte games.

Drunk Monkey
03-19-2010, 01:47 PM
Aside from the $ part of it I also don't like Direct TV. I have Verizon FIOS and won't switch. Plus Hooters has boobies.

SouthStndJunkie
03-19-2010, 01:51 PM
I followed someone's advice here last year and called Directv and got something like $120 off the Season Ticket ($20 off for 6 months) and they threw in Super Fan for free after I told them it was too expensive and that I was thinking of not renewing the Season Ticket.

I saved $220 for just making a few phone calls.

Be persistent if you don't get the deal the first few times you call.

hades
03-19-2010, 02:03 PM
I followed someone's advice here last year and called Directv and got something like $120 off the Season Ticket ($20 off for 6 months) and they threw in Super Fan for free after I told them it was too expensive and that I was thinking of not renewing the Season Ticket.

I saved $220 for just making a few phone calls.

Be persistent if you don't get the deal the first few times you call.

I tried that, after getting it every year since 1997 when I switched to DirecTv and they said, OK, we will not renew your subscription. 8 months later, I called to cancel complete service and switch to FIOS, they were tryign everything to get me to stay, but screw that!

Old customers get crapped on, new customers get all sorts of good deals! (same with any company tho, cell service, etc.)

SouthStndJunkie
03-19-2010, 02:06 PM
I think we called and talked to 3 or 4 different reps for Directv and each one said "No such discount exists."....even though I know numerous people received it on this board.

Tried again and the next rep said "Sure, not a problem, you've been a loyal customer since 2000."....and that was that and it only took a few minutes.

OBF1
03-19-2010, 02:36 PM
My comment on hitting the sports bar has ZERO to do with saving money. It beats having the game at home where I have to cook for a roomful of friends + I can watch every game at once.... a must for fantasy football :)

no-pseudo-fan
03-19-2010, 02:44 PM
I am just going to call and get it reduced. I called to drop Showtime last week, I ended up getting 6 more months of Showtime. I also got HBO and SKINaMax free for 3 months

RonDaChamp24
03-19-2010, 02:46 PM
My comment on hitting the sports bar has ZERO to do with saving money. It beats having the game at home where I have to cook for a roomful of friends + I can watch every game at once.... a must for fantasy football :)

If you have Sunday ticket, there's no need to watch every game. You can track your fantasy players with the system they have set up on DTV. I love my Directv and will NEVER change it. NFL Sunday Ticket is exclusive and won't be leaving any time soon. Plus, the only game I honestly CARE about watching on Sundays is the Denver game. The rest of them I'll just watch highlights if they're on at the same time Denver is playing.

SouthStndJunkie
03-19-2010, 02:48 PM
I enjoyed watching the Red Zone channel last year for the early games, when Denver was not playing.

jhat01
03-19-2010, 02:48 PM
They gave me a good discount last year and free superfan for threatening to canx. I'll try again this year. I've got to have it, cuz over the course of a season I would probably drop well over 600 bucks if I went to the bar for every game. It's a necessary evil for me.

SouthStndJunkie
03-19-2010, 02:50 PM
You can't spark up at the sports bar while watching the games.

chadta
03-19-2010, 03:14 PM
wow you guys suck

i pay 25 bucks a month, and get everything, nfl, nhl, baseball, basketball, nascar, soccer, golf and every other sport going. 6 month commitment, which is ok so for 200 bucks i keep it during football and hockey season, soon as the first round of hockey playoffs is over i cancel it until september when i get it on again.

gotta love the super sports pack, i hope now that shaw has bought out mountaincable it dosent end it, or ill be cancelling too

SoDak Bronco
06-24-2010, 12:40 PM
Anyone know what kind of deals you can get this year? I see the list price is 314 which is pretty damn high...I would be a new subscriber, any tips?

SonOfLe-loLang
06-24-2010, 12:47 PM
314 is a good chunk of change, but god knows ive wasted money on sillier. For something i love as much as the broncos, its not a horrid price. You know what i hate more than anything? The sports bar. Unfortunately, my bldg wont let me have a dish, so its another year of that bs

HAT
06-24-2010, 12:53 PM
315 / 17 = $18.50 per week.

Still a relative bargain.

I prefer the sports bar environment however.

Irish Stout
06-24-2010, 12:53 PM
Anyone know what kind of deals you can get this year? I see the list price is 314 which is pretty damn high...I would be a new subscriber, any tips?

There is always a deal for a new subscriber. You typically see them start popping up online and on their website around August.

Great13
06-24-2010, 01:07 PM
Man... I'll try calling for the discounts again this year. But I HAVE to have Sunday ticket... I've been recording all the games on DVR then burning them to DVD since Cutler's first game... and I can't stop now. I want to have McDaniel's entire tenure in my personal collection. Maybe it will pay off 50 years down the road. I hate that they can hold our feet to the fire like that.

TheChamp24
06-24-2010, 01:34 PM
I remember my brother called to cancel last year, and they gave it to him for that super discount.
Just gotta know what to say, and keep trying until it does work.

Quoydogs
06-24-2010, 02:20 PM

This

Plus I live in Oregon and its always the same on the big screen. Oakland, Chargers and the seachickens.

Hate to pay it but I have too.

cmhargrove
06-24-2010, 02:42 PM
Just called for $%#s and giggles....314.99 this year WITHOUT Superfan

The best reason for Superfan was that you got all the games in HD. I believe they rolled the full HD into the regular price this year so they could charge everyone for it.

LetsGoBroncos
06-24-2010, 02:55 PM
We called a couple weeks ago and did the whole "man, that is really expensive. We get half the Bronco games on tv anyway." Guy comes back and says "I can give you $20 off per month for a year." So we basically got it for less than $100

Arobmic
06-24-2010, 03:04 PM
First Post! Long time Lurker. I just moved and as I was preparing the move, I talked to them about cancelling my service. I had read posts from last year on here about getting special deals, and that when you suggest you will cancel, they start to bend over backwards.

Here's what I got in order to stay with them through my move:
Free Showtime and other Movie Channels for 6 months
Free 2nd receiver
Free shared network (you can record in one room, watch in another - like ATT Uverse)
NFL Sunday Ticket in hi def (w/Superfan) for $99.

One of the first things I told them was that the only reason I had DirectTV was because of their sunday ticket, but that it was far too expensive for me to buy at $300 a pop. After a couple of minutes talking to their supervisor, they came back with the offer above.

Hope this helps people.

BroncoSojia
06-24-2010, 03:27 PM
I called a few weeks ago about Sunday Ticket being renewed (I've for 2 years straight). While checking on that I found that I qualified for a free HD/DVR receiver and the HD/DVR service would be free for 3 months. 2 year costumer appreciation special or something like that.

Sunday Ticket for the upcoming season is $50 for 6 months w/ HD, RedZone, etc all included for me.

Taco John
06-24-2010, 03:35 PM
Redzone is Comcast? What does it cost?

jbiel
06-24-2010, 03:45 PM
I got the ticket and superfan last year for $150. This year the $315 includes superfan, I think they just went away with it. I've already been checking the avs forum and people are starting to get deals on the ticket plus a lot of Free HD for 2 years which makes up a lot. My suggestion is to just call and if you're getting nowhere, move on to the next agent. I usually dont have too much trouble but i've had the ticket for 10 years. for some reason, it seems like the women call reps are easier....

iDENVER
06-24-2010, 03:58 PM
Redzone is Comcast? What does it cost?

i think it is 5 or 10 bucks a month.. dont hold me to that though

cabronco
06-24-2010, 05:01 PM
I dont like how they're raising the price so much each year, is it ever going to stop....MF.. I guess I bettter start setting money aside. I use to watch the games at the bars, but they are so littered with Raider thugs/fans it took the fun away. Plus had to watch the beer intake & driving home. Decided years ago thats just not worth it and have had Sunday ticket for 8 years.

I agree that speaking to directv women give you breaks more than the guys.

Taco John
06-24-2010, 05:16 PM
I do not call $18.50 per week a bargain by a long shot, when I only care about one game and I'm still getting blasted with all the commercials that the networks show.

Now, if you had a cameraman on the sidelines showing the things happening on the bench and on the field during the TV time-outs, yes, that would be a bargain.

baja
06-24-2010, 06:13 PM
I can get Sunday Ticket through the local Satellite (Sky) for about 80 dollars a year trouble is I would have to sign up for the service and that costs $30 a month in order to get the Sunday Ticket add on.

Lolad
06-24-2010, 09:28 PM
I just catch the stream. And if I don't get the stream I paid for NFL Rewind to watch the game afterwards. I like to repeat the good games :-)

ZONA
06-24-2010, 09:41 PM
I think we called and talked to 3 or 4 different reps for Directv and each one said "No such discount exists."....even though I know numerous people received it on this board.

Tried again and the next rep said "Sure, not a problem, you've been a loyal customer since 2000."....and that was that and it only took a few minutes.

That's the way it's done every year. I've not paid more then $150 for the last 3 years and I've gotten the Ticket in HD with Superfan. You just have to be a royal pest for a few hours and you'll get your price.

Hamrob
06-24-2010, 10:13 PM
Yeah, it's expensive...but, it's worth it. Especially if you're outside of Colorado. I'd gladly pay $50/week to watch the Broncos. Getting to watch any other game I want whenever I want is a plus.

tsiguy96
06-24-2010, 10:16 PM
kinda sucks that anything nfl related is so frickin expensive its almost unavailable to a lot of people. like the NFL as a whole doesnt realize what these costs do to people, its all about extracting every last penny from us suckers.

mwill07
06-25-2010, 04:32 PM
315 / 17 = $18.50 per week.

Still a relative bargain.

I prefer the sports bar environment however.

but that's not the calculation though. There are 16 games, one of which will be Sunday night, so off the top there are only 15 games you might not see. Past that, there's a good chance that at least 5 will be televised as the NFL schedules games in the east early, which favors the Broncos being shown as the late game.

IMO, it's more likely that outside of Colorado, you will actually need the Ticket for 10 games, max. That comes to $31.50 for each game.

To me, I compare what I would spend @ the local sports bar to see if it's worth it. I try to keep a pace of one beer per quarter, and water during the 4th so I can be ok to drive home. Assume $3 per beer, a couple of bucks for a tip, and I can see the game for between $11 and $20, depending on if I want an appetizer or not.

If you are getting Sunday Ticket purely to watch Bronco games, it simply isn't worth it. Of course, the math changes if you can get someone to go in on the Ticket with you...

For me, the sweet spot is $150. That's the number that I would be happy to pay. I'd think hard @ $180 and would probably go for it, but I think $200 is my absolute boundary.

Kaylore
06-25-2010, 04:36 PM
I enjoyed watching the Red Zone channel last year for the early games, when Denver was not playing.

Redzone is freaking amazing. It's like a live version of a highlights show with all the games that matter. I will have it forever.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-25-2010, 04:38 PM
I do not call $18.50 per week a bargain by a long shot, when I only care about one game and I'm still getting blasted with all the commercials that the networks show.

Now, if you had a cameraman on the sidelines showing the things happening on the bench and on the field during the TV time-outs, yes, that would be a bargain.

commercials bother you that much?

Atwater His Ass
06-25-2010, 05:10 PM
Commercials suck. The games are getting to be dragged out for so long now it's ridiculous. And since advertising is dumbed down to the lowest denominator, they are painful to watch and/or listen too.

One of the benefits about having to DVR the games and watch them later is that I never have to watch any commericals anymore. It's glorious.

HAT
06-25-2010, 05:23 PM
but that's not the calculation though.

I wasn't talking about games per week. That's always going to change depending on the bye schedules.

I simply meant $315 season price / 17 week season = $18.50 per week.

HAT
06-25-2010, 05:30 PM
I do not call $18.50 per week a bargain by a long shot, when I only care about one game

Priorities man!

Even if one was buying it strictly for Bronco games and you assumed that you'd get 5 games in your market anyway....

$315 / 11 = $28.64

That's still a bargain if the alternative is no Bronco game at all or watching a ****ty delayed stream.

I'd gladly pay that over a random Hooter's or BWW every week if I wasn't into drinking or whatever. But I'm a barfly & have a local sports bar where "everybody knows your name" so the decision is easy.