PDA

View Full Version : You'll Appreciate This About Brady Quinn........

*WARHORSE*
03-18-2010, 09:52 PM
Hope you all appreciate the work ole WARHORSE puts in for ya.

I got to thinkin about Quinn and his unimpressive welcome to the NFL.

I went to watching game tape-whatever I could find online-of him playing for Notre Dame and I came away really impressed. I mean, I didnt see anything that told me, "No, this guy is not going to cut it in the NFL."

In his sophomore and junior seasons at Notre Dame, he did as follows:

2005- 32 TDs vs 7 INTs

2006- 37 TDs vs 7 INTs

Over 60% completion rate, and his QB ratings were almost always over 120.

This happened with an offensive line that if you remember was lacking with the exception of Harris. a

He also used his legs to good gain.

So anyway, Im thinking.....why hasnt this guy paid off?

That got me thinking about who has coached him up to this point in the pros.

Heres the fun part.

Rob Chudinski was named offensive coordinator for the Browns for the 2007 season by Crennel and Savage because his "presentation was impressive."

They never looked to the fact that Chud had only had a couple of years experience in the NFL, and then a few in college.....ALL at the TE position. He has never coached a quarterback in his life. Neither had headcoach Romeo Crennel.

So, they draft Quinn in the first round, and Quinn comes in 10 days late to camp due to contract negotiations, and Anderson gets the start over Frye.
Quinn falls behind, and never gets much attention cause Anderson is the starter.

Anderson does an impressive job, and moves to a 10-6 record on the year. Anderson is also named the starter for the following year.

Anderson named starter, he plays the first 8 games going 3-5. Quinn is named the starter against the Denver Broncos. He plays well, but loses when Cutler throws 3 late TDs to win it.
Next game he engineers a win against the Bills, but breaks his finger on a helmet during the game. At Quinns insistence, he gets Crennel to let him try and play through it against the Texans, but cant overcome. He has season ending surgery.

Coach Eric Mangini is named HC, and he brings in quarterback guru Brian Daboll to be OC. His QB coach is Carl Smith.......WHO?

Daboll never coached QBs until Mangini brought him on board with the Jets. He coached Pennington and Favre......um, like they needed coaching. BTW, they both had terrible years. After Mangini was fired by NY and hired by the Browns, Mangina brought Daboll to Cleveland last year to be OC of the Browns.
Carl Smith, QB coach for the Browns last year, has been in the league many years. He has coached everything from RBs, Oline, Dline, special teams, WRs and ....you get the picture. But as a quarterback coach or offensive coordinator, he has never done anything of note.
Never done anything of note with an offense or quarterback. Long list of accolades:

Coaching Background:
1971 Cal Poly State University, graduate assistant
1972 University of Colorado, graduate assistant
1973 University of Colorado, linebackers coach
1974 University of Louisiana-Lafayette, defensive line coach
1975-76 University of Louisiana-Lafayette, defensive backs coach
1977-78 University of Louisiana-Lafayette, offensive coordinator/running backs coach
1979-80 Lamar University, offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach
1981 Lamar University, offensive coordinator/offensive line coach
1982 North Carolina State University, offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach
1983 Philadelphia Stars (USFL), special teams coach/tight ends coach
1984-85 Philadelphia/Baltimore Stars (USFL), quarterbacks/wide receivers coach
1986-96 New Orleans Saints, offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach
1997 New England Patriots, assistant head coach/quarterbacks coach
1998-99 New England Patriots, tight ends coach
2001-03 Cleveland Browns, quarterbacks coach
2004 University of Southern California, quarterbacks coach
2005-06 Jacksonville Jaguars, offensive coordinator

I list this out for you, because as you can see, he was so good, he could never hold the job for long. He knows nothing. Especially of modern quarterbacking. Look at the last 10 years in the league......fired from Jacksonville.......fired from USC.....Fired from Cleveland after guru-ing Tim Couch to a seat on your couch next to you.......demoted to TEs after being given a year with Bledsoe.

SOOOOOO................

Whats the point?

The point is, Brady has never had anyone with any real quarterback experience around him. No one.

Dont know about you, but that gives me a little hitch in my giddyup.:pimp:

B R O N C O S BABY!

hookemhess
03-18-2010, 09:58 PM
Agreed.

gyldenlove
03-18-2010, 09:58 PM
So I will appreciate a guy who has not been coached?

baja
03-18-2010, 10:03 PM
Good work

I got a hunch this Quinn guy is going to be something special for us and I thought that since last season when Josh first showed interest in him. Actually I thought that when he was falling in the draft until Cleveland traded up to get him.

Florida_Bronco
03-18-2010, 10:08 PM

Pretty much. In Denver he'll get a chance to sit for a year and hone the skills that he had coming out of college but didn't get to develop in Cleveland.

I think the guy will have a helluva career in Denver.

*WARHORSE*
03-18-2010, 10:08 PM

Yeah, thats what Im sayin oh wiseone.

Taco John
03-18-2010, 10:20 PM
I am skeptical, but hopeful. A lot of teams passed on this guy on draft day for whatever reasons. The rap on the guy is that he's not the greatest locker room guy (there was that whole incident where Shaun Smith allegedly punched him in the locker room). But you've got to believe that a change of scenery might do a guy with that kind of rap some good. Whatever happened between him and Smith, he's older and wiser now, and has a tremendous opportunity in front of him. How great would it be for him to seize it and end up fulfilling all the promise he had coming into the league.

broncswin
03-18-2010, 10:22 PM
Good work

I got a hunch this Quinn guy is going to be something special for us and I thought that since last season when Josh first showed interest in him. Actually I thought that when he was falling in the draft until Cleveland traded up to get him.

same with me baja...I wanted the guy last year, when we heard McD was interested in him...was a bummed we didn't go get him...but I think this was for the best, got him way cheaper...this guy could be real good for us with his arm and legs...let's go baby

Broncos!!:thumbs:

*WARHORSE*
03-18-2010, 10:44 PM
I am skeptical, but hopeful. A lot of teams passed on this guy on draft day for whatever reasons. The rap on the guy is that he's not the greatest locker room guy (there was that whole incident where Shaun Smith allegedly punched him in the locker room). But you've got to believe that a change of scenery might do a guy with that kind of rap some good. Whatever happened between him and Smith, he's older and wiser now, and has a tremendous opportunity in front of him. How great would it be for him to seize it and end up fulfilling all the promise he had coming into the league.

Listening to his presser today, he seems a lot more steady and mature.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=609

A little less full of himself than when he was a "STAR" at ND.

I liked what I heard, and hope he comes through.

As for Smith, hes a Dlineman.

I kinda like it that my QB was beefin it wit one of the big boys.

broncswin
03-18-2010, 10:50 PM

could you imagine if he turned into a superstar, franchise qb for us...just another blow to the Browns, dealt by the might Broncos!!:thumbs:

Hamrob
03-18-2010, 11:02 PM
I think Quinn has what it takes and can go along way given the chance.

He does need to stay healthy. Freak injuries or not, that's two years in a row.

He also has to get reps. McDaniels needs to bite the bullet at some point and start him for good or bad...

He's going to make some mistakes and you just have to allow him some leeway. I think he's going to be a long ways behind Orton...but, it will come.

broncswin
03-18-2010, 11:10 PM
watchin that vid gets me a little pumped...it's like a new toy you wanted for x-mas...you hope it lives up to the hype!

Borks147
03-18-2010, 11:43 PM
I think Quinn has what it takes and can go along way given the chance.

He does need to stay healthy. Freak injuries or not, that's two years in a row.

He also has to get reps. McDaniels needs to bite the bullet at some point and start him for good or bad...

He's going to make some mistakes and you just have to allow him some leeway. I think he's going to be a long ways behind Orton...but, it will come.

Orton hasn't made it through 16 games the last couple of seasons - he just takes hits because of his immobility - I'm sure Quinn will get in a game or two

worm
03-19-2010, 12:08 AM
....His QB coach is Carl Smith.......WHO?

Your argument in this excerpt would carry more weight if we gave him a better QB coach than Carl.

Quinn is just one of those guys that has always bugged me when he talks. Kinda like they are reading from the PC script of 'What a NFL QB should say'. I wished I liked him better outside the lines.

When he plays...I think he will do just well enough to convince people that he should start instead of Orton. Just not well enough to lead this team to the promised land.

Brian Griese Part II.

baja
03-19-2010, 12:20 AM
Your argument in this excerpt would carry more weight if we gave him a better QB coach than Carl.

Quinn is just one of those guys that has always bugged me when he talks. Kinda like they are reading from the PC script of 'What a NFL QB should say'. I wished I liked him better outside the lines.

When he plays...I think he will do just well enough to convince people that he should start instead of Orton. Just not well enough to lead this team to the promised land.

Brian Griese Part II.

Dude is a endless stream of PC cliché's

Taco John
03-19-2010, 12:33 AM
Listening to his presser today, he seems a lot more steady and mature.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=609

A little less full of himself than when he was a "STAR" at ND.

I liked what I heard, and hope he comes through.

As for Smith, hes a Dlineman.

I kinda like it that my QB was beefin it wit one of the big boys.

It just seems like ND starting quarterbacks have their douchebag volume set on high...

That said, I am a big believer in giving a guy a fresh start. This is a great situation for a guy with his tools to be walking into.

Jason7730
03-19-2010, 02:09 AM
Thanks for the good research Warhorse, I look forward to seeing him on the field.

HorseHead
03-19-2010, 06:54 AM
Great take *WARHORSE*..good read...

s0phr0syne
03-19-2010, 07:03 AM

You don't think Ben McDaniels is up to snuff? :flower::angel:;)

SportinOne
03-19-2010, 07:29 AM
there's always the hope that comes with a player with any sort of potential. in the NFL the chances of a particular player becoming a star are just not good. could happen. i hope so, it would take the QB search problem out of the equation.. but i doubt it.

Rohirrim
03-19-2010, 08:44 AM
meh He's an underwear model.

Broncoman13
03-19-2010, 08:49 AM

I think Quinn is a very hard worker and attempts to hold people accountable. Difficult for a guy that's never shown anything and he probably doesn't have the good demeanor of a guy like Kyle Orton. Those are things that can be learned through experience. I think he'll come in to Denver with a bunch of "lessons learned" and I think we'll benefit greatly from a Brady Quinn with perspective. And really, even if he turns out to be Tim Couch 2.0, we have given up little in terms of compensation, the risk is low.

I've been an advocate for getting Quinn since we started discussing moving Cutler. I was hoping it would be Quinn we went after from the get go. He has the ability and the athleticism to really be good.

Tombstone RJ
03-19-2010, 09:03 AM

Hilarious!

Wow, you really missed the point of this thread, didn't you.

supermanhr9
03-19-2010, 09:07 AM
Warhorse, you are the man. And this gets me excited.

Tombstone RJ
03-19-2010, 09:11 AM
Quinn looks like he's been humbled by the NFL. He got humbled by the draft, then he got humbled by his play and experience in Cleveland. Right now, he looks like he's hungry and that's a good thing. A fresh start might be just what the doctor ordered and if McD sees something in him that he can mold, then that is fine with me. He's got the natural mechanics of an NFL QB, the question is, can he make the mental adjustments he needs to in order to run an offense and make plays with his arm?

We shall see.

Rabb
03-19-2010, 10:00 AM
I am excited about him being here

the way I see it, if McDaniels could make Orton into what he did this year (and people can say what they want, Orton was not our problem), I think he can do wonders with Quinn

it's almost like we just traded for an entirely different playbook

Hamrob
03-19-2010, 10:20 AM
I like Quinn alot...but, regardless of whether we go with Orton or Quinn next year...

They need to stretch the field...

Enough dink and dunk until it's time to Punt crap already!

Cito Pelon
03-19-2010, 11:30 AM
Quinn looks like he's been humbled by the NFL. He got humbled by the draft, then he got humbled by his play and experience in Cleveland. Right now, he looks like he's hungry and that's a good thing. A fresh start might be just what the doctor ordered and if McD sees something in him that he can mold, then that is fine with me. He's got the natural mechanics of an NFL QB, the question is, can he make the mental adjustments he needs to in order to run an offense and make plays with his arm?

We shall see.

I wonder if he still has confidence after all that humbling. He didn't look confident last year, but the OP made some points that may relate to that.

He came from what I say was a dysfunctional organization, hence the housecleaning Mangini did last year and Holmgren this year. What Quinn had to do with it I don't know, but he seems like a good kid albeit kind of preppy/dorky.

So yeah, we shall see. Hopefully he plays well for the Broncs. If neither he nor Orton plays great, there will be good QB's come along in the next couple years. In the meantime, building a solid three-phase team can win some playoff games.

DawnBTVS
03-19-2010, 11:37 AM
Great points although I think you're underselling Carl Smith as a QB coach a little bit. He had worked with guys like Bobby Hebert and Steve Walsh and made them look decent in New Orleans, made Jim Everett really great in 1995, worked with Drew Bledsoe in 1997, helped Tim Couch improve slightly in his second year with Smith (2002), and worked with Matt Leinart in 2004.

I think a bigger testament would be the talent surrounding Quinn in Cleveland. At Notre Dame he had help from solid collegiate players like RB Darius Walker, WRs Maurice Stovall and Jeff Samardzija, and TEs Anthony Fasano and John Carlson.

In Cleveland last year RB Jamal Lewis played just 9 games and Jerome Harrison became really solid but also played in just 13 games. Braylon Edwards got traded and he had no other talent at WR. Joshua Cribbs is a slot guy at best and has never been anything more at the position. Mike Furrey and a rookie Mohamed Massaquoi inspired zero fear in opposing secondaries. At TE he had Robert Royal and Steve Heiden. Yeah...

Now look at Denver's talent. Almost every single position is a huge upgrade talent wise from what Quinn had in Cleveland. Kyle Orton managed success with a solid increase in the talent around him and I think Quinn, if he can get the starting job and even as just a backup, will also see his numbers/talent show more with the talent around him being so good.

broncswin
03-19-2010, 11:56 AM
Great points although I think you're underselling Carl Smith as a QB coach a little bit. He had worked with guys like Bobby Hebert and Steve Walsh and made them look decent in New Orleans, made Jim Everett really great in 1995, worked with Drew Bledsoe in 1997, helped Tim Couch improve slightly in his second year with Smith (2002), and worked with Matt Leinart in 2004.

I think a bigger testament would be the talent surrounding Quinn in Cleveland. At Notre Dame he had help from solid collegiate players like RB Darius Walker, WRs Maurice Stovall and Jeff Samardzija, and TEs Anthony Fasano and John Carlson.

In Cleveland last year RB Jamal Lewis played just 9 games and Jerome Harrison became really solid but also played in just 13 games. Braylon Edwards got traded and he had no other talent at WR. Joshua Cribbs is a slot guy at best and has never been anything more at the position. Mike Furrey and a rookie Mohamed Massaquoi inspired zero fear in opposing secondaries. At TE he had Robert Royal and Steve Heiden. Yeah...

Now look at Denver's talent. Almost every single position is a huge upgrade talent wise from what Quinn had in Cleveland. Kyle Orton managed success with a solid increase in the talent around him and I think Quinn, if he can get the starting job and even as just a backup, will also see his numbers/talent show more with the talent around him being so good.

good post rook

TonyR
03-19-2010, 12:02 PM
Looks like he's off to a good start with the Denver media, if nothing else.

The Denver Post’s APSE-award winning reporter Lindsay Jones was about to ask the first question when Quinn asked that she stop. Quinn wanted everyone to introduce themselves before asking their questions. He wanted to put some names to faces.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/03/18/from-jake-and-jay-to-brady-quinn/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+dp-blogs-broncos+(Denver+Post:+Sports:+Broncos:+Blog

Chris
03-19-2010, 01:12 PM
Good research.

Cito Pelon
03-19-2010, 02:07 PM
Looks like he's off to a good start with the Denver media, if nothing else.

The Denver Post’s APSE-award winning reporter Lindsay Jones was about to ask the first question when Quinn asked that she stop. Quinn wanted everyone to introduce themselves before asking their questions. He wanted to put some names to faces.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/03/18/from-jake-and-jay-to-brady-quinn/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+dp-blogs-broncos+(Denver+Post:+Sports:+Broncos:+Blog

Hang on, we have to wait til Woody chimes in. ROFL!

Don't want to leave out that stud of journalism.

*WARHORSE*
03-19-2010, 03:27 PM

Really?

He may have been up to speed 'back in the day', but realistically, look at what he did since he left NOrleans, and he has gotten canned pretty much every where he went.

Except Cleveland last year if he continues on this year.

He has done nothing of note. Coached no one of note. To no production of note.

Im not saying the guy didnt have something to offer. I just think if he were anything, he'd be somewhere other than where he is.

Never moved up.

Never coached a winner.

uplink
03-19-2010, 11:41 PM
now he is a bronco, somebody is going to have to ask him what the hell that s**t is about regarding those pics of him with his hand over another guys nuts!!

DawnBTVS
03-20-2010, 10:37 AM
Really?

He may have been up to speed 'back in the day', but realistically, look at what he did since he left NOrleans, and he has gotten canned pretty much every where he went.

Im not saying the guy didnt have something to offer. I just think if he were anything, he'd be somewhere other than where he is.

Never moved up.

Never coached a winner.

I don't think the lack of staying in one place long term is a great indicator of effectiveness or talent. Many good position coaches have bounced around from team to team. Not everybody can be with a team for 10 years or 15 years or whatnot (nevermind that Smith was with New Orleans for 11 years). Also the coach may not like staying in an organization too long and prefers to experience different environments. If you had the opportunity to coach with Pete Carroll at USC in 2004, would you have turned him down to stay with the Cleveland Browns?

And the argument of "never coached a winner" is absolutely, absolutely false.

You want "winners"?

1987 New Orleans: 12-3
1988 New Orleans: 10-6
1991 New Orleans: 11-5
1992 New Orleans: 12-4
1997 New England: 10-6
2004 USC: 13-0
2005 Jacksonville: 12-4

Now if you want to argue that he didn't coach "winners" at QB (whatever the hell that means... 'cause everybody knows 1 player can single handedly shove their teams to better than .500 records, especially QBs) that's still not quite true as the above records indicate. Some QB was winning those games and some fella was the coach of that position.

Your argument against never moving up is laughable. He moved up from college to a "secondary" pro league to the NFL. You can't move up more than that as a position coach, short of becoming head coach. Some position coaches just don't want to be a head coach (and look at the failed position coaches turned head coaches). The HC position is a HUGE load to handle and not everybody's cut out for that. It doesn't make the person bad at their job.

Also your argument of never coaching anybody of note, is just dumb flame baiting. In 1997 Bledsoe put up then career highs in completion % and TD while tying his career low in INT on far fewer pass attempts than in season's past.

1995: Jim Everett throws for almost 61%, 26 TD, and 14 INT.
2002: Tim Couch throws for a career best 61.6% and 18 TD against 18 INT before injury killed his career the next season.
2005: In just 11 games Byron Leftwich throws 15 TD against 5 INT and was on pace for a career break out season.
2006: In 10 starts, Garrard steps in from a backup role and throws 60.2% with 10 TD against 9 INT.

Now if you want to make the argument that Smith didn't help Brady achieve as much as he could have, fair enough. If you want to argue that Smith improved Anderson and not Quinn, fine.

But don't erroneously bash a guy without logical support and evidence aside from gut thoughts and a desire to see somebody be blamed for the lack of Quinn's development.

There's more valid arguments
1: Lack of Surrounding Talent at Offensive Skill Positions
2: Not getting a real shot at the starting job by the then Head Coach until the HC's hand was forced by poor QB play. It's telling when the coaches are starting 2-3 different QBs in the span of 2 seasons.
3: A dysfunctional organization from the GM down. Just look at Oakland to see how quickly a good team can dissolve.

CEH
03-21-2010, 07:23 AM
Really?

Never moved up.

Never coached a winner.

While you like to throw the QB coach of CLEV under the bus keep in mind our QB coach was coaching High School football for the 3 years prior to joining the Broncos.

At least Smith was employed by an NFL team. Our QB coach had to report to the Driver's Ed teacher

And Daboll career path sure looks similar to the HC of the Denver Broncos.
I'm not sure but to me that looks like a damn good path to be on. Hardly something to be critical of especially when compared to Mike McCoy's

and being hired because of an "impressive interview" keep in mind Bowlen and Joe Ellis both called McD's interview "very impressive".

Drek
03-21-2010, 08:26 AM
While you like to throw the QB coach of CLEV under the bus keep in mind our QB coach was coaching High School football for the 3 years prior to joining the Broncos.

At least Smith was employed by an NFL team. Our QB coach had to report to the Driver's Ed teacher

And Daboll career path sure looks similar to the HC of the Denver Broncos.
I'm not sure but to me that looks like a damn good path to be on. Hardly something to be critical of especially when compared to Mike McCoy's

and being hired because of an "impressive interview" keep in mind Bowlen and Joe Ellis both called McD's interview "very impressive".

Our OC was also our QB coach last year, our new QB coach isn't replacing anyone.

In reality McDaniels is the QB coach and OC, the other two guys are glorified assistants. It was that way last year, it'll be that way again this year.

TotallyScrewed
03-21-2010, 08:39 AM
Meh, I dunno.

Playing in Cleveland doesn't help anyone's career path. Is his confidence bust? Will Marshall be here to bale him out? Will he get coached up here in Denver or suffer from a coach without patience for errors? Will he be forced to dink and dunk or was all that garbage merely the best Orton could do?

As far as the cost goes...I couldn't care less about the picks. Denver usually screws up their picks. Regardless, something has to be done to improve the QB position. This may or may not be a solution. We'll have to wait and see. Unfortunately, that takes precious time. Time is the real cost.

CEH
03-21-2010, 08:43 AM
Our OC was also our QB coach last year, our new QB coach isn't replacing anyone.

In reality McDaniels is the QB coach and OC, the other two guys are glorified assistants. It was that way last year, it'll be that way again this year.

He's also the Head Coach of the Denver Broncos.

I heard him on the local talk radio (Vic and Gary I believe) after the season talk about this exact issue that he didn't realize how much goes into being Head Coach of an NFL team outside of coaching.

He better learn to delagate otherwise odds are he won't be head coach for very long which brings into play the resumes of the assistant coaches

I don't mind the positive outlook some have put on this trade but I really don't think Quinn will get alot of direct coaching from Josh once training camp rolls around unless he's the #1 guy.

Drek
03-21-2010, 10:42 AM
He's also the Head Coach of the Denver Broncos.

I heard him on the local talk radio (Vic and Gary I believe) after the season talk about this exact issue that he didn't realize how much goes into being Head Coach of an NFL team outside of coaching.

He better learn to delagate otherwise odds are he won't be head coach for very long which brings into play the resumes of the assistant coaches

I don't mind the positive outlook some have put on this trade but I really don't think Quinn will get alot of direct coaching from Josh once training camp rolls around unless he's the #1 guy.
They'll all get direct coaching from him, just not daily one on one work.

That is why our OC is a former QB coach and we just gave him an assistant in our new QB coach who played QB in college. Its a QB specific group. McDaniels can say what needs to be fixed and how, they execute it without direct day to day supervision.

The kinds of refinements are more important than McDaniels spending tons of time with him. Ultimately it all falls on Quinn's shoulders to put the work in now that he's got a chance with a better organization, coaching staff, and surrounding talent.

I find it amusing though that when Shanahan brought in a QB it was always "well Mike will coach him up" but when McDaniels adds a QB who could use some coaching? He's not going to have time for any real work with him.

baja
03-21-2010, 11:43 AM
But Mike had that all seeing dead fish eye....

Cito Pelon
03-21-2010, 12:12 PM
Quinn has one glaring problem that I've seen - holding onto the ball too long in the pocket. He sure needs some coaching.

Tombstone RJ
03-21-2010, 12:22 PM
Quinn has one glaring problem that I've seen - holding onto the ball too long in the pocket. He sure needs some coaching.

He's got the same problem Orton has so the question is can he become better. You can argue that he had nothing to work with in Cleveland and that it is/was a dysfunctional franchise. Fine. However good QBs make other players better and he didn't do that in Cleveland. He didn't ignite the offense and he didn't minumize mistakes, at least that I know of.

He's getting another opportunity and with McD, he may reach his potential and be a great QB. This is where the rubber meets the asphalt. This is where we find out if McD can mold Quinn into a winner.

broncswin
03-21-2010, 12:33 PM
He's got the same problem Orton has so the question is can he become better. You can argue that he had nothing to work with in Cleveland and that it is/was a dysfunctional franchise. Fine. However good QBs make other players better and he didn't do that in Cleveland. He didn't ignite the offense and he didn't minumize mistakes, at least that I know of.

He's getting another opportunity and with McD, he may reach his potential and be a great QB. This is where the rubber meets the asphalt. This is where we find out if McD can mold Quinn into a winner.

Quinn does hold the ball a little longer, but unlike Orton, he can move around with the ball...I think being in this system with the guys he will have around him, he will be much better than Orton..just saying