PDA

View Full Version : DJ is skipping offseason workouts

montrose
03-18-2010, 10:13 AM
Per the Denver Post, he's working out in Miami (I assume either with Elvis or at the U, but just my guess). They report he's informed the team of his choice.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/03/18/add-d-j-to-the-no-show-list/

ColoradoDarin
03-18-2010, 10:17 AM
Don't most of Duh U guys workout together in Miami anyways?

eddie mac
03-18-2010, 10:18 AM
Wish we'd have known that before he got that bonus.

TotallyScrewed
03-18-2010, 10:19 AM
I wonder if this slacker has returned any of McDaniels' or Bowlen's phone calls?!?!

They should ship his arse of to...I dunno Chicago or Washington or somewhere...for this kinda crap. I bet he's off drinking and driving and beating up some waitress, the rat bastage.

J/K

gyldenlove
03-18-2010, 10:21 AM
Don't most of Duh U guys workout together in Miami anyways?

Yeah, it always happens with Miami guys.

bfoflcommish
03-18-2010, 10:32 AM
oh noes mcsatan is turning nuther playa away, its rly a sign he dosent want 2 b here and play for mcsatan

Baba Booey
03-18-2010, 10:41 AM
A ton of former Miami players work out down there. No big deal.

bendog
03-18-2010, 10:43 AM
yawn.

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=4964619

It'd be sort of stipud to show up w/o a contract. Neckbeard's gotta tow the company line though.

Popps
03-18-2010, 10:49 AM
I wonder if we've jingled Shanny's phone about DJ yet?

Taco John
03-18-2010, 10:52 AM
This is one of the most boring Marches in some time.

bendog
03-18-2010, 10:54 AM
yeah, i didn't figure we'd still be doing the "oh i hate shanahan." lol

I think DJ is untradeable , but if they could get a two for him ....

dbfan4life
03-18-2010, 10:57 AM
He does this every year....

BMarsh615
03-18-2010, 11:00 AM
Just figured I'd throw this article about Marcus Thomas in here.

Marcus Thomas cutting weight

Broncos defensive tackle Marcus Thomas wants to get in shape before he shows up to get in shape.
According to his agent James Burnoski, Thomas was physically beat up by the end of the 2009 season, particularly with a shoulder injury.
While resting up, Thomas weight expanded from his nose-tackle playing weight of 316 pounds to about 336 pounds. Thomas now wants to become a candidate for the five-technique defensive end position and has been working out with a personal trainer to get his weight down to 292 pounds.
“”The Broncos are aware of Marcus’ plans and he plans on reporting there sooner rather than later,” Burnoski said. “”He wants to make weight first and he’s almost there.”

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/03/18/marcus-thomas-cutting-weight/?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitter&utm_content=Twitter

Bigdawg26
03-18-2010, 11:03 AM
That's no big deal! I actually welcome those two skipping offseason workouts

gyldenlove
03-18-2010, 11:13 AM

Broncos defensive tackle Marcus Thomas wants to get in shape before he shows up to get in shape.
According to his agent James Burnoski, Thomas was physically beat up by the end of the 2009 season, particularly with a shoulder injury.
While resting up, Thomas weight expanded from his nose-tackle playing weight of 316 pounds to about 336 pounds. Thomas now wants to become a candidate for the five-technique defensive end position and has been working out with a personal trainer to get his weight down to 292 pounds.
“”The Broncos are aware of Marcus’ plans and he plans on reporting there sooner rather than later,” Burnoski said. “”He wants to make weight first and he’s almost there.”

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/03/18/marcus-thomas-cutting-weight/?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitter&utm_content=Twitter

I really hope he can stick at DE, he has the playing style for it.

Borks147
03-18-2010, 11:43 AM
I really hope he can stick at DE, he has the playing style for it.

agreed - its a waste to ask him to clog up the middle.

Broncoman13
03-18-2010, 11:44 AM
Most of the time the guys that stay at the U and work out come into camp in better shape than most of their teammates. They know how to get it done down there. There are a lot of guys that know what it means to put in hard work and I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the former U players showed up this year to help get "their" program back on track.

CEH
03-18-2010, 12:07 PM
JMO

OTAs are unnessary for vets

In no other professional sport do they have "Organized Team Activities"
For rookie or young guys maybe but vets don't need to be here and it has no bearing one whether the team will succeed in the coming season

How did the OTAs work out for Farve last year. The most important position on the team and he shows up a day before their first preseason game and did alright

No big deal. He's not holding out just wants to enjoy his offseason

PRBronco
03-18-2010, 01:14 PM
I hope Jon Beason and Ray Ray are there too, maybe they can share some pointers.

Florida_Bronco
03-18-2010, 01:32 PM
Aren't most veterans skipping OTA's now with the CBA issue unresolved?

Requiem
03-18-2010, 01:53 PM
The Miami guys like to work out together to get their cumulative IQ over 100.

Drek
03-18-2010, 04:05 PM
Who cares if DJ is at OTAs? He is probably the player who presents the least worry from a conditioning standpoint.

As long as he shows for the start of camp to continue refining his knowledge of the ILB job in a 3-4 defense I'm happy.

Florida_Bronco
03-18-2010, 04:13 PM

That's encouraging.

BroncoBuff
03-18-2010, 06:35 PM
I'm still bullish on Marcus Thomas, but not at NT. I'm thinking he drops the weight, comes in healthy, and fits right into the 3-4 DE rotation.

Florida_Bronco
03-18-2010, 07:16 PM
I'm still bullish on Marcus Thomas, but not at NT. I'm thinking he drops the weight, comes in healthy, and fits right into the 3-4 DE rotation.

I agree.

Caveat Lector
03-18-2010, 08:08 PM
This is pretty standard behaviour from D.J. He tends not to show up from time to time. Come to think of it, I don't think he's been in the building since the Raider game last year...

kappys
03-18-2010, 09:10 PM

He showed good promise at as the 4-3 UT. In Slowiks pseudo 3-4 he did pretty well as the DE so I hold out some hope that switching back to that role he'll have some sucess