PDA

View Full Version : Would you be mad if we drafted Tim Tebow round 2?

The MVPlaya
03-17-2010, 09:50 PM
Just a thought

Dagmar
03-17-2010, 09:51 PM
I think we should discuss dragster pussing out of a 9 page thread by deleting it.

http://i38.tinypic.com/2nauteg.gif

strafen
03-17-2010, 09:54 PM
Just a thoughtNo.
I can't think of a better scenario for him to be in...

robbieopperude
03-17-2010, 09:56 PM
I think Tebow will succeed but I don't see McDaniels having the time to develop him. I think in round 2 we will be looking at a Guard or Center. I would be shocked to see him get drafted because that would spell the end of Brandstater.

uplink
03-17-2010, 09:58 PM
broncos won't draft a QB unless McD is unhappy with Brandstater (doesn't apper to be)

strafen
03-17-2010, 10:01 PM
We definitely need to strengthen our interior line both defensively and offensively.
I don't see us drafting a QB since we already got Quinn, one more QB on our roster and it will be a recipe for disaster.
A center is what we need so badly, followed by a guard or two.
We seem to be set at the DT position, we just need another DE...

Rohirrim
03-17-2010, 10:27 PM
2nd round would be a little early for a backup TE.

strafen
03-17-2010, 10:29 PM
2nd round would be a little early for a backup TE.You'll learn to love him, IF McD drafts him...

robbieopperude
03-17-2010, 10:38 PM
He would look good running the Wild Horses formation. I don't see why he won't go in the second round if Pat White got drafted there.

Rohirrim
03-17-2010, 10:43 PM
You'll learn to love him, IF McD drafts him...

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/7563/mehgm5.jpg

I'm afraid the opinion of a juvenile douche like you barely registers on my give a **** o meter.

Atwater His Ass
03-17-2010, 11:18 PM
It'd be cooler if we could trade a future first to move up in the 2nd to grab him.

strafen
03-17-2010, 11:23 PM
It'd be cooler if we could trade a future first to move up in the 2nd to grab him.I won't be surprised at all if Jacksonville picks him up with their first pick.
That would boost ticket sales for them.
It'll be a wise investment regardless of whether he gets to play immediately or not...

NFLBRONCO
03-17-2010, 11:23 PM
Esp trading for Quinn we don't need 4 project QB's

strafen
03-17-2010, 11:26 PM
Esp trading for Quinn we don't need 4 project QB'sI don't really see us getting any other QB, at this point either...

NFLBRONCO
03-17-2010, 11:28 PM
I won't be surprised at all if Jacksonville picks him up with their first pick.
That would boost ticket sales for them.
It'll be a wise investment regardless of whether he gets to play immediately or not...

Yeah good point at first it would do wonders for sales. As soon as fans realize his limitations the honeymoon will wane. I think he'd be better off to sit 2 yrs somewhere. Jax would feel pressure to play him way faster then they should imo this scenerio would be a nightmare for Tebow.

Requiem
03-17-2010, 11:47 PM
Over the immense amount of talent in the draft elsewhere? Yeah. I'd probably choke a bitch.

strafen
03-17-2010, 11:51 PM
Yeah good point at first it would do wonders for sales. As soon as fans realize his limitations the honeymoon will wane. I think he'd be better off to sit 2 yrs somewhere. Jax would feel pressure to play him way faster then they should imo this scenerio would be a nightmare for Tebow.

That could be a tricky situation for Tebow, though...
There could be a similar situation with Tebow as the one Quinn went thru in Cleveland.
Fans may demand to have Tebow play/start sooner than he's ready to...

broncocalijohn
03-18-2010, 02:32 AM
Just a thought

bad thought. We just traded for a QB and have Brandstater as a 2nd or 3rd stringer. WHy would we want to bring in Tebow as a QB with our 2nd pick when we have glaring needs elsewhere?

The MVPlaya
03-18-2010, 02:51 AM
bad thought. We just traded for a QB and have Brandstater as a 2nd or 3rd stringer. WHy would we want to bring in Tebow as a QB with our 2nd pick when we have glaring needs elsewhere?

Brandstater has done nothing. No one on this forum or in the league, outside of the Denver Broncos coaches, know where he's at in his progression. It's all dandy that everyone here is high on him, but no one has seen anything from him other than a few snaps in the pre season where he didn't exactly light it up. He was a 6th round pick. Now this is not to say he might be good - I'm just saying there is no basis other than hope.

Tell me, is it really a bad thought when the poll is nearly 50/50?

:thumbsup:

Lomax
03-18-2010, 03:37 AM

I would say Tebow is a 2-3 year project at the very least. Nobody is drafting him with the intention of starting him this season. So if you look at our roster in relation to Tebow, you have to project out 2-3 years.

Orton is an RFA, doesn't have a new deal. Quinn only has 2 years left on his contract. Brandstater is a project, and there's no telling if he has starter ability (but he was clearly behind Simms last year, even when it was clear that Simms couldn't get the job done). There are question marks with all of our guys (fewer with Orton, but he still needs to prove he's the long-term answer).

When you think about the contract status of our guys, there's absolutely no reason that we don't draft Tebow, or another QB, if the coaches like him. Wherever he goes, he should be buried in the depth chart much like Vick was in Philly.

The only sure thing is that if McDaniels drafts a QB, no matter who it is, Jamie Dukes will act like it was the worst decision in the world.

Dudeskey
03-18-2010, 04:10 AM
I'll take "Idiotic ideas" for 300, Alex

WolfpackGuy
03-18-2010, 04:54 AM
I'll be mad if he's drafted by ANYBODY before round 3.

robbieopperude
03-18-2010, 05:12 AM
I'll be mad if he's drafted by ANYBODY before round 3.

Get ready to be mad. If ESPN is inviting him to the green room for RD 2 they have likely done enough due diligence to know if some team will select him.

bowtown
03-18-2010, 05:23 AM
meltdown city.

rmsanger
03-18-2010, 05:28 AM
No Thanks to Tebow Tears...

ELEVATION
03-18-2010, 06:53 AM
absoluetly, we have 3 Qb's on the roster and major holes on our OL where the seocnd rd is filled with great OL prospects....

ColoradoDarin
03-18-2010, 07:09 AM
I think we should discuss dragster pussing out of a 9 page thread by deleting it.

And then he shows up in this thread while ignoring this gem.

StugotsIII
03-18-2010, 07:16 AM
You draft a starter in the first couple rounds...

Not a major project.

Tim Tebow is highly overrated. He came from the same offensive system that Vince Young came from and doesn't come close to Vince Young athletically.

Tebow was surrounded by the best college football players in the country for 4 years...and in my opinion...one of the best in Percy Harvin. When Harvin left...Tebows numbers dropped.

The spread option is based on misdirection, which left WR's running wide open. It also was very screen and shovel pass heavy.

The bottom line is that Tebow WILL be a terrible QB in the NFL, will be playing a different position and be out of the league in 3 years.

Unlike most option QB's who switch positions...Tebow isn't that fast.

Hamrob
03-18-2010, 08:04 AM
Brandstater has done nothing. No one on this forum or in the league, outside of the Denver Broncos coaches, know where he's at in his progression. It's all dandy that everyone here is high on him, but no one has seen anything from him other than a few snaps in the pre season where he didn't exactly light it up. He was a 6th round pick. Now this is not to say he might be good - I'm just saying there is no basis other than hope.

Tell me, is it really a bad thought when the poll is nearly 50/50?

:thumbsup:I'm not sure what preseason you watched...but, I thought Brandstrater was one of the high-points of the preseason. He hooked up more than one time down the field with McKinnley and overall looked really good against the Cardinals. I thought he showed plenty of potential and has a real strong arm.

I don't see Tebow having half the potential as Brandstrater. This is a passing league and Tebow is an average to less than average passer.

Having said that, I'm rooting for him and had we not gone and snatched up Quinn...then, I would have been fine with us taking Tebow in the 3rd...but not the 2nd.

Rabb
03-18-2010, 08:09 AM

ahhh, I was looking for the post and had a couple reps from it that now say "N/A"

that splains' it

what a moron

ColoradoBuff
03-18-2010, 08:15 AM
I'd be pissed if we passed on other talent to take a project like Tebow.....i know the kids a winner, but he has alot to do to be a NFL QB.

BMarsh615
03-18-2010, 08:24 AM
I was all for drafting Tebow before we traded for Quinn. We don't need another project QB.

ColoradoDarin
03-18-2010, 10:56 AM

Looks like he wussed out of this thread too...

BroncoBen
03-18-2010, 11:13 AM
Tim Tewbo is not worth a bucket of rocks... yes I would be mad if the Broncos used any draft pick on this clown.

Dagmar
03-18-2010, 11:25 AM
Looks like he wussed out of this thread too...

Banned he is.

http://blog.echurchwebsites.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/yoda.jpg

I believe.

Dagmar
03-18-2010, 11:26 AM
Tim Tewbo is not worth a bucket of rocks... yes I would be mad if the Broncos used any draft pick on this clown.

I wouldn't mind if it was in the 7th. Those guys are usually busts/scrubs. (Hillislol)

Jekyll15Hyde
03-18-2010, 12:14 PM
2nd round would be a little early for a backup te.

this!!

Dagmar
03-18-2010, 12:16 PM
this!!

It was good enough for Scheffler!

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/7562/bazing0hf.gif

s0phr0syne
03-18-2010, 04:57 PM
Not that this really matters or changes things AT ALL, but OUCH!:

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/status/10690456400

Dolphins QB Chad Henne on Tim Tebow: "My judgement is that he's not an NFL quarterback." Henne's QB coach David Lee coached Tebow at Sr Bowl

The MVPlaya
03-19-2010, 03:10 AM
Not that this really matters or changes things AT ALL, but OUCH!:

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/status/10690456400

He's probably bitter because his QB coach is spending all the time with Tebow...

The Joker
03-19-2010, 03:35 AM
Chad Henne has spoken.

Let this be the end of the Tebow debate.

Seriously, that's a pretty douchey thing for Henne to be saying. He must really love having abortions or something.

The MVPlaya
03-19-2010, 04:16 AM
I'm not sure what preseason you watched...but, I thought Brandstrater was one of the high-points of the preseason. He hooked up more than one time down the field with McKinnley and overall looked really good against the Cardinals. I thought he showed plenty of potential and has a real strong arm.

I don't see Tebow having half the potential as Brandstrater. This is a passing league and Tebow is an average to less than average passer.

Having said that, I'm rooting for him and had we not gone and snatched up Quinn...then, I would have been fine with us taking Tebow in the 3rd...but not the 2nd.

...I said he didn't exactly light it up, that doesn't mean he didn't make any plays.

Brandstater has a decent arm, it ain't no cannon but it's good for the NFL...and his deep ball accuracy isn't the best, you can clearly see that on that one long pass to McKinnley.

The Joker
03-19-2010, 04:38 AM
Not gonna happen with the trade for Quinn.

Quinn is vastly better QB prospect than Tebow for us to try and develop.

Also I'm not completely ready to give up on Orton as a long term solution. He needs to step up and play better than he did last year, but he was far from bad last year and it wouldn't take an awful lot of improvement for him to be putting up some impressive numbers.

backup qb
03-19-2010, 07:11 AM
I would only be mad about it if he came in and was good right off the bat as that would buy Mcmoron more time.

FantomForce
03-19-2010, 10:27 AM
Damn skippy I'll be mad he'll be out of the league in 2 years

WolfpackGuy
03-19-2010, 10:29 AM
The problem is, where does he fit in on an NFL team?

I just don't see him much more as a gimmick and/or decoy at this point.

The MVPlaya
03-19-2010, 08:19 PM
Out of the league?

Some of you are possibly dumber than a can of blonde hair.

At worst, he'll be a back-up QB SOMEWHERE, his athletic abilities, leadership and persona/character won't be passed up in the NFL. There are teams that love that in a guy and will keep him around and help him develop. If he's drafted in the 2nd or 3rd or later, the investment won't be steep at all.

Put it like this, I'd probably take Tebow over Russell.. I think some would agree.

It's all about tapping his potential, we don't know if he has the ability to read defenses or to fully change his mechanics, but he has everything in between the ears to do so, that's why it's an investment risk... that's why it is the NFL draft.

Baba Booey
03-19-2010, 08:22 PM
Yeah.

Blueflame
03-20-2010, 02:56 AM
It's my opinion that Tebow will fail at the pro level. Hence, I'd be mad if the Broncos wasted a 7th rounder on him.

slyinky
04-23-2010, 06:37 AM
Yes=91, no=37. Surprising that some have changed their tune when you consider that instead of spending just a 2nd rounder a 2nd, 3rd and 4th was used.