PDA

View Full Version : BM trade scenario's

Archer81
03-17-2010, 08:20 PM
Did we really need another thread to discuss this?

Yes.

This board is awesome.

:Broncos:

ChSuperStar
03-17-2010, 08:44 PM
With Seattle doing all crazy scenario's and them only having 6, 14 and 60 now with no 3rd round pick as well. I dont think they will give up 6. So if we want to screw them.

Can BM be traded to bills (9th pick) and they have no play makers other than one freaking receiver. They can use some splash with TO out of there, Baby TO can join them.

Jax (10th) - Back to florida and it will be good for there offense with sims-walker, MJD and BM. So that should be good.

or SFO (13th) - They have 2 first round picks. They have former no 1 at QB. They invested first round pick on WR and before that on TE. Why cant they add another receiver and with frank gore they can be good enough.

All these three would land us better value than seattle's 14th. If we take seattle's 14th. It is basically our very own pick we are anyway getting back. So only think we are getting for BM if we look at it is Smith our CB who we dont know how he will shape up until the end of year.

What do you all think ? I still think Miami and NYJ can be in the mix as well. But those above three will be dream scenario's at this point.

FireFly
03-17-2010, 08:50 PM
I think we will trade BM for less than any of us are happy with.

There will be those that have blinders on who will be all "good riddance etc." but even they will know deep down that they were hoping for more in compensation.

Plus the Mane will melt down.

Thats what I'm predicting as far as any BM trade goes at this point.

And in reference to the original post, IF we're GOING to trade him, I'd be happy with any of those.

Denver724
03-17-2010, 08:50 PM
I don't think he is going anywhere. And I hope when the owners agree on a new CBA next year he gets franchised.

ChSuperStar
03-17-2010, 08:54 PM
I don't think he is going anywhere. And I hope when the owners agree on a new CBA next year he gets franchised.

I dont want him to go anywhere either, I dont mind us putting a franchise tag on him next year and then see what happens. atleast that way he will be here for 2 years.

But but if we want to screw seattle, then those three teams will be perfect.

listopencil
03-17-2010, 08:55 PM
If we take seattle's 14th. It is basically our very own pick we are anyway getting back. So only think we are getting for BM if we look at it is Smith our CB who we dont know how he will shape up until the end of year.

The move to get Smith looks just as ****ing stupid to me now as it did when it happened.

nickademus
03-17-2010, 09:02 PM
Did we really need another thread to discuss this?

ZONA
03-17-2010, 09:03 PM
I think we will know more in 37 days,lol

!Booya!

robbieopperude
03-17-2010, 09:40 PM
Can anyone explain to me why the Raiders aren't interested in him? Is it the sting from signing Javon or drafting Heyward-Bey? Is it cap issues from fat boy at QB? Why are they not in on him for there first round pick and we throw in a 3rd?

I feel like if we take anything less than a top 15 pick or equivalent than we are losing out on the trade of B.Marsh. I would rather keep him for another year have him play well and keep his mouth closed and up his value.

BroncoBuff
03-17-2010, 09:58 PM
I think we will trade BM for less than any of us are happy with.

Well then we should keep him.

montrose
03-17-2010, 10:00 PM
Well then we should keep him.

Casey are you hearing anything else in Seattle about the Seahawks making a move for him or is that talk basically dead?

strafen
03-17-2010, 10:09 PM
Well then we should keep him.Yeah, it just doesn't make sense to get rid of the guy just to get rid of him...
Again, we will be waiting for an offer sooner or later that fits our needs, otherwise, I'll be ok keeping Marshall...

BroncoBuff
03-17-2010, 10:14 PM
Casey are you hearing anything else in Seattle about the Seahawks making a move for him or is that talk basically dead?

The day he was here last week, when they put "BRANDON MARSHALL - WELCOME TO SEATTLE" on the Qwest scoreboard for his fly-by, there was nothing in the paper that day or the next. The radio guys say no way they give up the #6. As much as I like Brandon, I agree that's too steep a price.

Hogan11
03-17-2010, 10:20 PM
He'll stay, he'll be humbled by the virtual non-interest in him and only miss two games next season due to disciplinary reasons because of it.

strafen
03-17-2010, 10:27 PM
The day he was here last week, when they put "BRANDON MARSHALL - WELCOME TO SEATTLE" on the Qwest scoreboard for his fly-by, there was nothing in the paper that day or the next. The radio guys say no way they give up the #6. As much as I like Brandon, I agree that's too steep a price.Does Marshall still have his Bmarsh15.com or something like that, blog page?
It's been a while since I've heard anything from it...

NFLBRONCO
03-17-2010, 10:32 PM
The day he was here last week, when they put "BRANDON MARSHALL - WELCOME TO SEATTLE" on the Qwest scoreboard for his fly-by, there was nothing in the paper that day or the next. The radio guys say no way they give up the #6. As much as I like Brandon, I agree that's too steep a price.

Its obvious if BM is moved its when the tender expires. I think then we will be hearing rumors right and left.

NFLBRONCO
03-17-2010, 10:33 PM

I think 14 could still happen.

strafen
03-17-2010, 10:34 PM
Its obvious if BM is moved its when the tender expires. I think then we will be hearing rumors right and left.I'm assuming that would be right before the draft?

NFLBRONCO
03-17-2010, 10:37 PM
I'm assuming that would be right before the draft?

I think Tender expires April 17th or something.

robbieopperude
03-17-2010, 10:41 PM
So...the thought is B.Marsh will sign the tender and then we will trade him to a team that will renegotiate his contract. I have my doubts that Marshall will sign that tender without a holdout period. That would make him difficult to trade correct?

strafen
03-17-2010, 10:51 PM
So...the thought is B.Marsh will sign the tender and then we will trade him to a team that will renegotiate his contract. I have my doubts that Marshall will sign that tender without a holdout period. That would make him difficult to trade correct?No, he has a 1st round tender on him.
Whatever team decides to sign him to an offer sheet will have to give up its 1st round pick to Denver. Denver will have I believe 7 days to match the offer to keep Marshall, or just let him go and take the suitor's 1st pick...

Requiem
03-17-2010, 10:58 PM
We've already heard the spiel Dragster, you don't gotta repeat it to try and sound smaaaawt.

chaz
03-17-2010, 11:15 PM
No, he has a 1st round tender on him.
Whatever team decides to sign him to an offer sheet will have to give up its 1st round pick to Denver. Denver will have I believe 7 days to match the offer to keep Marshall, or just let him go and take the suitor's 1st pick...

Yes, but even if we matched the offer we could still trade him. Like he was saying.

strafen
03-17-2010, 11:17 PM
Yes, but even if we matched the offer we could still trade him. Like he was saying.Gotcha!
I missed that part...

anton
03-18-2010, 01:53 AM
to Tampa Bay for their 2nd (#35) and 3rd (#67) or their 2nd and a 2011 2nd

*WARHORSE*
03-18-2010, 02:54 AM
Perhaps Seattle is waiting.....smartly.......to see whats available at 6 during the draft.

Say perhaps Bradford falls there by chance and thats the guy they want.

They take him when he falls.

If they have Suh, McCoy, Berry, Bradford and Okung at the top of their list, and value all of them more than Brandon, then they wait to see if one of them falls to the 6th selection.

If they dont, they trade the pick to Denver for Brandon, whom they already have the parameters of a deal worked out with.

Cant really say anyone past those five guys are players valued by Seattle.

Could be wrong of course, perhaps its Morgan instead of Okung.

In any case, if they value those players more than BM, they keep the pick to see what happens on draft day.

.............and thats the wise thing to do.

AND, this internet rumour about Tampa Bay and the 3rd selection, I wouldnt doubt that Denver and Tampa have a deal in place should Bradford be there at 3. Tampa doesnt want him, and so they will be in the market for those who would trade up.

robbieopperude
03-18-2010, 05:31 AM
I thought the period for RFA's to sign ends before the draft. At that point won't Marshall be obligated to our offer or have to hold out for a contract offered only by us? That is what I was suggesting earlier. That he may not even sign our offer sheet because he will be grossly underpaid.

robbieopperude
03-18-2010, 05:37 AM
No, he has a 1st round tender on him.

I meant he would have to sign our tender since no team will offer him a contract with a 1st round requirement stamped on his forehead.

TonyR
03-18-2010, 07:13 AM
Can anyone explain to me why the Raiders aren't interested in him? Is it the sting from signing Javon or drafting Heyward-Bey? Is it cap issues from fat boy at QB? Why are they not in on him for there first round pick and we throw in a 3rd?

I don't think it would be smart for them to give up the 8th pick in the draft for a WR with all of their needs and after drafting a WR high last year. If you're suggesting a trade, teams don't typically (or ever) make such deals with division rivals.

StugotsIII
03-18-2010, 07:19 AM
Perhaps Seattle is waiting.....smartly.......to see whats available at 6 during the draft.

Say perhaps Bradford falls there by chance and thats the guy they want.

They take him when he falls.

If they have Suh, McCoy, Berry, Bradford and Okung at the top of their list, and value all of them more than Brandon, then they wait to see if one of them falls to the 6th selection.

If they dont, they trade the pick to Denver for Brandon, whom they already have the parameters of a deal worked out with.

Cant really say anyone past those five guys are players valued by Seattle.

Could be wrong of course, perhaps its Morgan instead of Okung.

In any case, if they value those players more than BM, they keep the pick to see what happens on draft day.

.............and thats the wise thing to do.

AND, this internet rumour about Tampa Bay and the 3rd selection, I wouldnt doubt that Denver and Tampa have a deal in place should Bradford be there at 3. Tampa doesnt want him, and so they will be in the market for those who would trade up.

Dear Perhaps,

Perhaps...no one wants to waste a first round pick on a guy that is an off the field nightmare...perhaps.

Best Regards,

Perhaps Jackson

meangene
03-18-2010, 07:54 AM
This is not going to play out until the end of the tender period or the time between then and the draft. Seattle's trade for Whitehurst means they are not looking to draft a QB with #6 if that is what they were going to do. Doesn't mean they will give up #6 for him but they could give up #14. They are waiting to see if there are other bidders for his services before considering giving up #6.

The Jets don't have enough picks to give up a first for Marshall after giving up multiple picks last year. That is why they are looking at a package involving players. It could happen.

Tampa - I would want more than a 2nd and 3rd. They will not give up #3 overall and I don't see the value in swapping 1st round picks with them unless we know Suh or McCoy will be there. I would still want an additional pick - at least a 3rd.

I would not rule out other teams getting involved late in the tender process - NE?

I still think he ends up somewhere else other than Denver. It will play itself out in the coming weeks.

kamakazi_kal
03-18-2010, 08:42 AM
....... Why can't we just keep our best offensive player?

If we wouldn't have flushed the second #1 last year we could do whatever we wanted in this draft ........ without losing Marshall's talent.

BroncoBuff
03-18-2010, 07:07 PM

Really? For a top-5 player just entering his prime?

WolfpackGuy
03-18-2010, 07:15 PM
....... Why can't we just keep our best offensive player?

If we wouldn't have flushed the second #1 last year we could do whatever we wanted in this draft ........ without losing Marshall's talent.

*cues up "Flight of The Valkyries" for the impending swarm*

ayjackson
03-18-2010, 07:28 PM
Really? For a top-5 player just entering his prime?

Is that all he is?

It seems to me if that all he was, he'd have a contract by now.

Archer81
03-18-2010, 07:53 PM
*cues up "Flight of The Valkyries" for the impending swarm*

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V92OBNsQgxU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V92OBNsQgxU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

robbieopperude
03-18-2010, 07:53 PM
Marshall is a Top 5 WR entering his prime
Marshall is also a top 5 Knucklehead entering last chanceville

ChSuperStar
03-19-2010, 12:12 AM

where do you get what ever you are smoking from. PM me and give me the address of that guy, i need to get high now

Arkansas Bronco
03-19-2010, 12:25 AM
The guy has talent when he wants to play but he seems like a typical #1 wr in the me first job. Im not a fan I love what he can do but Id like to see our team move on.

worm
03-19-2010, 12:49 AM
Congrats to Brandon on making his one year anniversary since his last arrest!

anton
03-19-2010, 01:47 AM
where do you get what ever you are smoking from. PM me and give me the address of that guy, i need to get high now

Are you in the SoCal area?

Don't get me wrong, I think BMarsh's talent should get Denver a top 10 pick. But the fact that teams like Baltimore and Cinci, that had low 1st rounders, didnt even bring him in says a lot. They could have had this guy owning CBs for the next 7 years for a pick in the 20s and instead they decided to trade for Boldin (beaten up over the years/only a couple good years left) and sign A. Bryant (inconsistent/character issues/not in the same sentence as BMarsh), respectively.

BTW, going by the value chart, the #35 and #67 picks equal 805 pts. Pick #21 equals 800 pts. Would you rather a team like the Jets sign him and give up #29 or get picks that equal #21 value?

lod01
03-19-2010, 11:53 AM

:thumbsup:

TonyR
03-19-2010, 12:05 PM
...the fact that teams like Baltimore and Cinci, that had low 1st rounders, didnt even bring him in says a lot.

Yup. Good post.

cabronco
03-19-2010, 12:07 PM

Yahoo, now he'll probably go out & celebrate. :)

Hamrob
03-19-2010, 12:40 PM
I hope that nobody offers us what we're willing to accept and that he remains in Denver. That's actually the best scenario in my book. A top 5/10 WR who is proven in the NFL.

Say what you want, but other teams have to game plan for him as our biggest threat. If Orton could just learn how to go through his progressions...then all would be peachy!

No first round draft pick is going to have the impact of a Brandon Marshall on next Season...that's for sure!

watermock
03-19-2010, 12:48 PM
BM will be traded on draft day.

Book it.

Retire #30!!!
03-19-2010, 12:56 PM
Am I crazy...
How can we trade him if he doesn't first sign his tender???
Right now he's not even on the team. Does he HAVE to sign the tender before the draft?

watermock
03-19-2010, 01:02 PM
No. but has to play.

Can't wait for this disaster.

Archer81
03-19-2010, 03:42 PM
Am I crazy...
How can we trade him if he doesn't first sign his tender???
Right now he's not even on the team. Does he HAVE to sign the tender before the draft?

Yes, he has to sign the tender. Otherwise he misses an entire year.

broncos-rock
03-19-2010, 06:24 PM
I would trade BM for both of the bucs 2nd round picks. Thats where the value is going to be is in the 2nd round. Honestly there is no way they take less than full value for Brandon and I understand that they put just the 1st round tender on him as a favor to him.

HEAV
03-19-2010, 06:35 PM
Both fans & Marshall himself have to now come to terms that he's not going to be playing anywhere else but Denver in 2010.

He's found out his value isn't what he (or fans) thought it was. He's stuck in the middle right now, with his past and the current NFL labor agreement he hasn't much chance to land that big time deal he wants.

Archer81
03-19-2010, 07:28 PM
Both fans & Marshall himself have to now come to terms that he's not going to be playing anywhere else but Denver in 2010.

He's found out his value isn't what he (or fans) thought it was. He's stuck in the middle right now, with his past and the current NFL labor agreement he hasn't much chance to land that big time deal he wants.

My thinking is the closer to the draft we get, the more it will settle in with Marshall that Denver is the best option for him. I'd love it if he stays, but IF he does go, I want the Broncos to get correct compensation for him. Billion dollar talent and a ten cent head.

NFLBRONCO
03-19-2010, 10:34 PM

I'm surprised some but, if a deal was made I figured it would be between April 15th-22nd so its not here yet. I'd love him to stay in Denver.