PDA

View Full Version : Andra Davis a Bill

ChSuperStar
03-17-2010, 07:12 PM
Bills add veteran LB Davis for new 3-4 scheme

Bills signed ILB Andra Davis to a two-year contract worth a maximum of $4.4 million.

"Done deal I am a Buffalo Bill now," Davis texted Tuesday afternoon. For the second straight year, the savvy veteran will be helping a defense switch from a 4-3 scheme to a 3-4. Paul Posluszny's job is safe, though the other inside linebacker spot should be Davis' for the taking. Coming off a serious surgery to re-attach his quadriceps muscle to his kneecap, Kawika Mitchell may be the odd man out. Mar. 16 - 5:00 pm et

So much for the theory of release and signing him for lesser than his contract price. He is a bill, but i dont understand why he was released in the first place.

strafen
03-17-2010, 09:05 PM
Right on. Great guy.
I'm glad he got signed...

montrose
03-17-2010, 09:08 PM
Good for Andra, I'm bummed he was cut and unless the tape showed he sucked majorly down the strech - I think it was a mistake to let him go so early.

Now I cross my fingers that McClain falls to #11 and we take him because Ayers, McClain, DJ and Elvis would be quite nasty.

extralife
03-17-2010, 09:14 PM
not only would that core potentially be great, but it would be <i>young</i>. that's becoming a rarity on our team. sign me up for McClain at 11, I think.

strafen
03-17-2010, 09:21 PM
not only would that core potentially be great, but it would be <i>young</i>. that's becoming a rarity on our team. sign me up for McClain at 11, I think.

Bama is loaded with great players of NFL caliber.
Can't go wrong going with McClain...

cutthemdown
03-17-2010, 09:23 PM
Davis sort of a plodder but he plays pretty decent. I think Broncos just want to get bigger along the dline, then get more athletic at the linebackers spot.

extralife
03-17-2010, 09:24 PM
yeah, it helps that Bama runs an NFLish defense in a conference that isn't full of gimmick offenses to compete against.

SouthStndJunkie
03-17-2010, 09:25 PM
It looks like Andra Davis made out well getting cut and signing with Buffalo, he was only scheduled to make $1.56 million with Denver in 2010:

Andra Davis is a 6-foot-1, 251-pounder from Denver who fits the prototype of a physical inside linebacker in the 3-4 defense. Davis' deal is worth about $4.4 million and includes $2 million this year, according to an NFL source.

strafen
03-17-2010, 09:30 PM
It looks like Andra Davis made out well getting cut and signing with Buffalo, he was only scheduled to make $1.56 million with Denver in 2010:

Andra Davis is a 6-foot-1, 251-pounder from Denver who fits the prototype of a physical inside linebacker in the 3-4 defense. Davis' deal is worth about $4.4 million and includes $2 million this year, according to an NFL source. He made bank! :thumbsup:

Dagmar
03-17-2010, 09:39 PM
I'm really sold on McClain at 11 right now.

Caveat Lector
03-18-2010, 01:36 AM
Good for Andra, I'm bummed he was cut and unless the tape showed he sucked majorly down the strech - I think it was a mistake to let him go so early.

Now I cross my fingers that McClain falls to #11 and we take him because Ayers, McClain, DJ and Elvis would be quite nasty.

I think the general consensus was that this was the case. He wasn't alone, but the dude is 31, I think McD realised you can't teach an old dog new tricks...

extralife
03-18-2010, 02:00 AM
the obvious counterargument is that he was cheap and we have no obvious replacement. but what's done is done.

Vladimir
03-18-2010, 02:08 AM
I remember him playing pretty well for us last year, was really disappointed to hear he got cut.. But what can ya do? Hopefully his replacement can make us forget about him!

chrisp
03-18-2010, 02:30 AM
I remember him playing pretty well for us last year, was really disappointed to hear he got cut.. But what can ya do? Hopefully his replacement can make us forget about him!

Not only do I think he played pretty well, but I always got the feeling that the coaching staff did too - must be looking to get younger 'backers and don't want to pay a guy 2 mil to be a backup..

Therefore it looks like we're almost certainly going to get some 'backers in the early rounds of this years draft. Wouldn't be surprised to see the first three picks go on either linebackers or interior linemen...assuming the Marshall situation remains as it is now.....

Smiling Assassin27
03-18-2010, 07:34 AM
Glad he caught on with a new team quickly. He's a serviceable LB that earned his keep here last year. I wish him well, except when Knowshon is hitting a hole v the Jills.

JCMElway
03-18-2010, 07:39 AM
So much for the theory of release and signing him for lesser than his contract price. He is a bill, but i dont understand why he was released in the first place.

Two words: Rolando McClain

illbroncsfn
03-18-2010, 09:30 AM
Good for Andra. Releasing Davis has been the only move this offseason that I have not be supportive of.

tsiguy96
03-18-2010, 09:32 AM
alot of scouts arent sold on rolando mcclain. said he will never be a patrick willis, jon beason type MLB

bronco militia
03-18-2010, 09:33 AM
alot of scouts arent sold on rolando mcclain. said he will never be a patrick willis, jon beason type MLB

I'm not sold on him either.... he can't stop ****ting his pants.

bendog
03-18-2010, 09:50 AM
They still don't have the personnel to run the NE 3-4. That's not a diss. Nolen sort of made up for having not enough size at the ILB and dline positions by bringing in Doom and Davis who was a beast against the run. I'll be curious to see what they do. Ayers has to step up or they're screwed.