PDA

View Full Version : Prediction: Browns draft Tebow

crush17
03-17-2010, 03:36 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/03/17/tim.tebow.pro.day.ap/index.html?eref=sihp

Call it a hunch just because of their QB situation and Holmgren's comments in that article.

Popps
03-17-2010, 03:47 PM
That raises just one question.....

Dagmar
03-17-2010, 03:47 PM
I assume with pick 38 not 7 right?

broncs2bowl
03-17-2010, 04:04 PM
who cares?

Dagmar
03-17-2010, 04:09 PM
who cares?

Probably people on an NFL message board mid-March?

OABB
03-17-2010, 04:14 PM
They have hillis. They don't even need a qb. Hillis will run the wildcat on everyplay.

Jekyll15Hyde
03-17-2010, 04:33 PM
Good, mediocrity for the Browns can continue

crush17
03-17-2010, 04:55 PM

yeah, no way they use a 1st rounder.

anyway, just trying to pass time and talk football... sorry if nobody cares...

TheChamp24
03-17-2010, 05:19 PM
I would be estatic if they were dumb enough to waste the 7th overall pick on Tebow.

DBroncos4life
03-17-2010, 05:24 PM
The Jags will take him in the first round. They don't have a second round pick and they now know they have no shot of him falling past the Browns should he even last till the third. That gives them an excuse to not extend Del Rio and bring in Urban Myer.

Tombstone RJ
03-17-2010, 05:24 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/03/17/tim.tebow.pro.day.ap/index.html?eref=sihp

Call it a hunch just because of their QB situation and Holmgren's comments in that article.

Actually, I kinda agree. Delhomme aint the long term answer and if Holmgren thinks he can work with Tebow (and Senaca is there too to kinda help Tebow) and if he can get Tebow in the late first round (which is a "reasonable" place to take him), then why not.

crush17
03-17-2010, 05:27 PM
The Jags will take him in the first round. They don't have a second round pick and they now know they have no shot of him falling past the Browns should he even last till the third. That gives them an excuse to not extend Del Rio and bring in Urban Myer.

You may be on to something there too because Tebow was just invited to the draft.

Tombstone RJ
03-17-2010, 05:39 PM

Urban Meyer? Seriously? The guy can hardly stand the pressure of coaching in the NCAA, what makes you think he's gonna jump to the pros where the pressure and scrutiny is worse, and the money ain't all that better.

Meyer just needs to watch Spurrior and see how he does things. Spurrier is so chill, he doesn't let the pressure get to him.

Meyer has won more championships than Spurrier so I think he can relax just a little. No way FL is gonna pressure him so bad he keels over. They'll tell him to relax, his job is safe...

DBroncos4life
03-17-2010, 05:43 PM
You may be on to something there too because Tebow was just invited to the draft.

I think there is a very good reason brought Del Rio back. He is just buying time for Meyer. Meyer sitting out this year gives him a easy way to leave Florida. If they don't struggle without him he can play the I'm not needed there card and no one gets upset. It's a win for everyone in the state of Florida.

Drunk Monkey
03-17-2010, 06:08 PM
Urban Meyer? Seriously? The guy can hardly stand the pressure of coaching in the NCAA, what makes you think he's gonna jump to the pros where the pressure and scrutiny is worse, and the money ain't all that better.

Meyer just needs to watch Spurrior and see how he does things. Spurrier is so chill, he doesn't let the pressure get to him.

Meyer has won more championships than Spurrier so I think he can relax just a little. No way FL is gonna pressure him so bad he keels over. They'll tell him to relax, his job is safe...

Spurrior is anything but chill. He is a competitor through and through. I have probably seen him throw more clip boards and visors than anyone else. And no, Choirboy is not worth a first rounder no matter how low it is.

DBroncos4life
03-17-2010, 06:20 PM
Spurrior is anything but chill. He is a competitor through and through. I have probably seen him throw more clip boards and visors than anyone else. And no, Choirboy is not worth a first rounder no matter how low it is.

The Jags don't have any other options. The owner already went on record saying they want him. They have no second round pick. They either find away to stay ahead of the Browns in the second round or they don't get Tebow. It's almost like LBJ and Ohio. It's a huge media win for the Jags and the small market owner.

Drunk Monkey
03-17-2010, 06:40 PM
The Jags don't have any other options. The owner already went on record saying they want him. They have no second round pick. They either find away to stay ahead of the Browns in the second round or they don't get Tebow. It's almost like LBJ and Ohio. It's a huge media win for the Jags and the small market owner.

If that's the case they really need to trade back from 10. LBJ had the talent. It wasn't just hype. I am by no means sold on Tebow's Sunday talent.

ScottXray
03-17-2010, 08:01 PM
If that's the case they really need to trade back from 10. LBJ had the talent. It wasn't just hype. I am by no means sold on Tebow's Sunday talent.

Would love for him to go to anyone in the first or second round.....more good choices left for all the other teams.

Tebow backwards = WOBET (Wide Open Bitches = Errant Throw).

Cleveland deserves him....must continue mediocre ways.
(sorry I couldn't think of better )

strafen
03-17-2010, 08:22 PM
I've seen some draft mocks have us picking Tebow.
That of course was before we got Quinn...

ChSuperStar
03-17-2010, 08:58 PM

You know since mike h knows all about the QB's.. he shouldn't take a chance on that going down the drain and pick clausen at 7 and tebow at 38 and see if one of them will click and call himself a QB picking god again.

And they can turn around and then give them all away for 6th and 7th rounders the year after and repeat the process until they get it right.

Tombstone RJ
03-18-2010, 09:03 AM

Maybe on the sideline, but I'm talking about the stresss of coaching when he's away from the game. Meyer seems to take the job home with him, I don't think that is necessarily the case with Spurrior. Spurrior would rather be playing golf than stressing out about football.

Rabb
03-18-2010, 09:15 AM
if DHB went last year, why would this be so shocking to everyone?