PDA

View Full Version : Shanny just signed Grossman!!!

OldschoolFreak
03-17-2010, 02:24 PM
Wow. Sounds like a little bit of a desperation move. Even as a backup QB...Glad I'm not a 'skins fan.

OABB
03-17-2010, 02:26 PM
he wanted an upgrade from cutler.

bfoflcommish
03-17-2010, 02:26 PM
Hey when yo ucant coach the team with Orton you sign his ex-back-up, isn't that like the next best thing or something

OBF1
03-17-2010, 02:27 PM
just signed him.... like 3 hours ago :)

TailgateNut
03-17-2010, 02:27 PM
he wanted an upgrade from cutler.

:thanku:

TonyR
03-17-2010, 02:29 PM
Well, it was Grossman or Simms so it was fail either way.

Dagmar
03-17-2010, 02:33 PM
http://obamiconme.pastemagazine.com/entries/images/12/74/899427/original_image.png?1235620378

crush17
03-17-2010, 02:39 PM
http://obamiconme.pastemagazine.com/entries/images/12/74/899427/original_image.png?1235620378

LOL that's effing awesome!!!

elsid13
03-17-2010, 02:48 PM
Grossman played for Kyle in Houston last season. Campbell remains the starter, but they wanted someone that could come in and not need to learn the system like Colt Brennen or Campbell will. A one year deal, isn't that bad for Grossman.

Bronco Yoda
03-17-2010, 02:49 PM
We should have worked out a deal for Simms. Wake up McD! You're not paying attention!

DomCasual
03-17-2010, 02:51 PM
I can't really tell if this thread is serious.

kamakazi_kal
03-17-2010, 02:55 PM
wait ...... didn't our current savior neckbeard have a tough time beating out grossman ?

Grossman is just like Orton ...... a good backup.

TailgateNut
03-17-2010, 02:57 PM
wait ...... didn't our current savior neckbeard have a tough time beating out grossman ?

...wait.....wasn't Shanahan a Mastermind.....what does that make McD.....A SuperMasterMind for taking the better of the two?

Los Broncos
03-17-2010, 02:58 PM
Superbowl!

kamakazi_kal
03-17-2010, 03:00 PM
...wait.....wasn't Shanahan a Mastermind.....what does that make McD.....A SuperMasterMind for taking the better of the two?

Who says Orton's better? They both are destined to be backups. Bummer for shanny is, just like Orton for us, Grossman starts the season for them .... Cambell is just horrid.

elsid13
03-17-2010, 03:01 PM

Which of two gave Simms $6M, again?

Mr.Meanie
03-17-2010, 03:02 PM
Orton/Quinn > Cambell/Grossman

Just sayin...

bendog
03-17-2010, 03:03 PM
Grossman played for Kyle in Houston last season. Campbell remains the starter, but they wanted someone that could come in and not need to learn the system like Colt Brennen or Campbell will. A one year deal, isn't that bad for Grossman
-
stop making sense. Get with the program!

Seriously, elsid, you think shanny can do anything with Campbell? He got to an AFC championship with Plummer, but I really don't know. If nothing else, this makes next season interesting beyond just wondering wether McDaniels has upside.

elsid13
03-17-2010, 03:11 PM
Grossman played for Kyle in Houston last season. Campbell remains the starter, but they wanted someone that could come in and not need to learn the system like Colt Brennen or Campbell will. A one year deal, isn't that bad for Grossman
-
stop making sense. Get with the program!

Seriously, elsid, you think shanny can do anything with Campbell? He got to an AFC championship with Plummer, but I really don't know. If nothing else, this makes next season interesting beyond just wondering wether McDaniels has upside.

I think Campbell has year to work with Kyle Shananan and this system fits him to a T. Campbell has the ability to move in the pocket and on edge (which is going to help on bootlegs) and has strong arm to attack all areas of the field from the pocket. My problem with him is that he is to to caution with the ball at times and will check down to quickly vs letting a play develop. Some of that if due to poor line play and some of it due to Joe Gibbs coaching.

If Campbell doesn't improve over the season, Shanahan will better have QB options in the draft next year. Locker is tailor made for Shanahan version of WCO of

NYBronco
03-17-2010, 03:19 PM

...and traded away the "franchise"?

Hamrob
03-17-2010, 04:00 PM
Orton/Quinn > Cambell/Grossman

Just sayin...Bradford/Cambell/Grossman > Orton/Quinn

Just sayin...

Dagmar
03-17-2010, 04:00 PM
Bradford/Cambell/Grossman > Orton/Quinn

Just sayin...

:spit:

tsiguy96
03-17-2010, 04:05 PM

hah, yea bring up a free agent bust when trying to make someone look bad against SHANAHAN

thats a winning argument.

Kaylore
03-17-2010, 04:37 PM
Bradford/Cambell/Grossman > Orton/Quinn

Just sayin...

So you're saying the Redskins are definitely drafting Sam Bradford? I'm not convinced they'll even get him.

colonelbeef
03-17-2010, 04:44 PM

^5

and at the same time

:flush:

DBroncos4life
03-17-2010, 05:02 PM
So you're saying the Redskins are definitely drafting Sam Bradford? I'm not convinced they'll even get him.

They can always draft Quinn 2.0! Wouldn't that put them on par with us then?

Drek
03-17-2010, 05:19 PM

Who gave Patrick Ramsey almost the same amount, with an identical amount of guaranteed money, and said "**** it, we're set at QB for the next two years!"

At least McDaniels is actively working to set up competition at all levels of the depth chart. You know, that thing Shanahan talked about every off-season but never actually implemented. He dumped Simms' ass the second he had a better alternative. Shanahan instead kept Ramsey around and wasted a practice squad spot on super midget Hackney, like that guy was ever going to be worth putting into an NFL game.

Maybe if Cutler was given some legitimate competition from a capable vet he would've grown the **** up. Instead he was handed a starting job on a silver platter.

oubronco
03-17-2010, 05:52 PM
We should have worked out a deal for Simms. Wake up McD! You're not paying attention!

Bears | Could have interest in Simms

Wed, 17 Mar 2010 14:51:15 -0700

Neil Hayes, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports the Chicago Bears may have interest in unrestricted free-agent QB Chris Simms (Broncos).

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz0iTtH2tuQ

oubronco
03-17-2010, 05:53 PM

and signed fuggin Orton

bowtown
03-17-2010, 06:03 PM
Bears | Could have interest in Simms

Wed, 17 Mar 2010 14:51:15 -0700

Neil Hayes, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports the Chicago Bears may have interest in unrestricted free-agent QB Chris Simms (Broncos).

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz0iTtH2tuQ

And Cutler asks for a trade in 3... 2... 1...

TonyR
03-17-2010, 06:51 PM
Bummer for shanny is, just like Orton for us, Grossman starts the season for them .... Cambell is just horrid.

I think you're very wrong here. Campbell starts.

TonyR
03-17-2010, 06:56 PM
At least McDaniels is actively working to set up competition at all levels of the depth chart. You know, that thing Shanahan talked about every off-season but never actually implemented.

And when he did "implement" it we ended up with guys like McCree, Manuel, Koutouvides, Winborn, Webster, Boss Bailey, Dewayne Robertson, Engelberger, Darrell Jackson, Andre Hall, P.J. Pope, etc......

Hamrob
03-17-2010, 07:36 PM
So you're saying the Redskins are definitely drafting Sam Bradford? I'm not convinced they'll even get him.I think that's Shanny's plan. I guarentee that Bradford is number 1 on his board.

It's all up to the Rams. If they take him...well, then...thats that. If they don't, well then...the next team to want him will be the Skins.

Although, I wouldn't rule out a team moving up to 3 to get him.

A more important question for us is.

If we did trade BM and our #11 pick to the Bucs and get the 3rd pick and a 2nd pick in return. Should we take Bradford?

Hamrob
03-17-2010, 07:39 PM
And when he did "implement" it we ended up with guys like McCree, Manuel, Koutouvides, Winborn, Webster, Boss Bailey, Dewayne Robertson, Engelberger, Darrell Jackson, Andre Hall, P.J. Pope, etc......Give McD a couple years...I don't think it will be much different. All those guys are fillers and that's it. Just like Davis and Jordon etc.

TonyR
03-17-2010, 08:02 PM
Give McD a couple years...I don't think it will be much different. All those guys are fillers and that's it. Just like Davis and Jordon etc.

The Broncos failed miserably with almost every 2008 FA acquisition under Shanahan, and did pretty well with most under McD. And Shanahan had a long track record on bombing with defensive FA's since the Super Bowl years while McD did pretty well with Dawkins, Goodman, Hill, Fields, and Davis. I don't think they're very comparable at this point. Let's hope last year's draft picks pan out, and we draft well this year, and we won't need to dip so deeply into FA in the future.

Drek
03-17-2010, 08:05 PM
Give McD a couple years...I don't think it will be much different. All those guys are fillers and that's it. Just like Davis and Jordon etc.

Except McDaniels is...

1. actually bringing in competition at every position he can.

2. drafting young depth behind the free agents he brings in, further ratcheting up competition and giving us long term answers when a young guy steps up and wins a job.

You'd think for all the "BUT ALPHONSO SMITH!" crying that goes around here more people would be aware of Darcel McBath, who looked like a very good prospect in limited duty last year, or David Bruton, who contributed more to special teams than anyone Shanahan brought in since Keith Burns and who started contributing to the defense by the end of the year.

One year is far too early to judge someone, but if Smith winds up being a total bust while McBath and Bruton turn out to be good starters, I'd say that was a pretty successful crop of DBs McDaniels brought in.

broncosteven
03-17-2010, 08:11 PM
The Broncos failed miserably with almost every 2008 FA acquisition under Shanahan, and did pretty well with most under McD. And Shanahan had a long track record on bombing with defensive FA's since the Super Bowl years while McD did pretty well with Dawkins, Goodman, Hill, Fields, and Davis. I don't think they're very comparable at this point. Let's hope last year's draft picks pan out, and we draft well this year, and we won't need to dip so deeply into FA in the future.

John Lynch was a bust FA?

I think that if Dawkins was available in 2008 Shanny would have signed him.

Oh and PJ Pope was signed from the practice squad because Hillis went down. He was having a great game until he went down.

This year will tell if all of mCd's moves were right or wrong.

strafen
03-17-2010, 08:18 PM
Come on, Shanny...you can do better than that. lol! Ha!

TonyR
03-17-2010, 08:25 PM
John Lynch was a bust FA?

Which is why, if you refer back to my post, I put the word "almost" in front of the word "every". But I don't think you want to go down the road of coming up with a list of "hits" vs. "misses"...

broncosteven
03-17-2010, 08:42 PM
Which is why, if you refer back to my post, I put the word "almost" in front of the word "every". But I don't think you want to go down the road of coming up with a list of "hits" vs. "misses"...

Depends if we start back in 1995. Those early defensive FA signings put us over the edge.

listopencil
03-17-2010, 08:59 PM

Heh...

uplink
03-18-2010, 03:03 AM
well he didn't bring in someone to compete with Cambell at a high level, more of a 2nd string guy at best. So maybe Shanny is set on Cambell as the starter

bendog
03-18-2010, 06:56 AM
sometimes I think shanny must owe tony's mom back child support or something. it's truly mystifying what people like tony think shanny somehow did 'to" them.

TonyR
03-18-2010, 07:26 AM
sometimes I think shanny must owe tony's mom back child support or something. it's truly mystifying what people like tony think shanny somehow did 'to" them.

LOL I'm not allowed to point Shanahan's failures? I was a huge Shanahan fan and loved what he did for the Broncos. He was a great coach and I'm glad we had him. But the team generally botched both the draft and FA in the years after the Super Bowls. You choose to attack me since you clearly can't make an argument against the truth.

broncosteven
03-18-2010, 07:40 AM
LOL I'm not allowed to point Shanahan's failures? I was a huge Shanahan fan and loved what he did for the Broncos. He was a great coach and I'm glad we had him. But the team generally botched both the draft and FA in the years after the Super Bowls. You choose to attack me since you clearly can't make an argument against the truth.

And yet when others point out mCd's faults you bring down the hammer.

Works both ways, in the end we all want our team to win. Losing sucks

tsiguy96
03-18-2010, 07:48 AM
And yet when others point out mCd's faults you bring down the hammer.

Works both ways, in the end we all want our team to win. Losing sucks

pointing out mcdaniels faults is one thing (given that he has been a head coach for exactly one year its pretty hard to say exactly what they are), constantly trashing him and acting as if hes destroying the franchise in every single thread without any possible reasoning that he may be doing something good for the team are something completely different.

kamakazi_kal
03-18-2010, 08:35 AM

Wait ...... didn't we still blow the AFCW lead .... end 8-8 .... miss the playoffs ... and lose our D coord ? All that with a whole lot less injuries .... How is this "pretty well" vs. "failed miserably"
Pull ur lips off of Mcd's stem for just a second.

TailgateNut
03-18-2010, 09:06 AM

lol

broncofan7
03-18-2010, 09:08 AM

BINGO! the orange kool aid drinking faithful will have your hyde for saying such a thing! Hilarious!

tsiguy96
03-18-2010, 09:08 AM
Wait ...... didn't we still blow the AFCW lead .... end 8-8 .... miss the playoffs ... and lose our D coord ? All that with a whole lot less injuries .... How is this "pretty well" vs. "failed miserably"

look at points scored vs points allowed in 08 compared to 09, then look at strength of schedule, our points we won by in wins and lost by in losses. record aside, every single one of these improved dramatically in 09, it wasnt even close.

broncofan7
03-18-2010, 09:09 AM

wow. Hard to argue with that...........

kamakazi_kal
03-18-2010, 09:17 AM
look at points scored vs points allowed in 08 compared to 09, then look at strength of schedule, our points we won by in wins and lost by in losses. record aside, every single one of these improved dramatically in 09, it wasnt even close.

Yeah great ..... My how you can put aside the wins and losses when it suits you. We still ended with all the same failing as year before so again ..... how is this "failed" vs. "pretty well"

Seems the exact same to me.

I'm all for improvement and wins but some of you are just shameless when it comes to Mcd. I'll admit I'm not a huge fan of some of his methods. That being said I think I dislike him more simply cause of the nut stroking he gets.

FYI .....I feel that way about people in real life that find the need to conform or "fit in" constantly. Just so were clear ....No I'm not some EMO / majikman7 / Goth guy.

tsiguy96
03-18-2010, 09:32 AM
Yeah great ..... My how you can put aside the wins and losses when it suits you. We still ended with all the same failing as year before so again ..... how is this "failed" vs. "pretty well"

Seems the exact same to me.

I'm all for improvement and wins but some of you are just shameless when it comes to Mcd. I'll admit I'm not a huge fan of some of his methods. That being said I think I dislike him more simply cause of the nut stroking he gets.

FYI .....I feel that way about people in real life that find the need to conform or "fit in" constantly. Just so were clear ....No I'm not some EMO / majikman7 / Goth guy.

so you ignore all those factors because they dont suit youre argument, i gotcha.

kamakazi_kal
03-18-2010, 09:50 AM
so you ignore all those factors because they dont suit youre argument, i gotcha.

Don't go gettin all butthurt

I'm just sayin how is this such an improvement if all those stats ur spouting ends with an 8 - 8 record? Wins, losses, playoffs, superbowls .... those are the only improvments that really count.

I get Mcd's only had one year and he will get a few more at the very least. Being an glass half full guy is fine but the blind support thing ..... ick.

TonyR
03-18-2010, 10:21 AM
.... How is this "pretty well" vs. "failed miserably"

Go back and read the part of my post you quoted and bolded. Tell me what part of the 2008 FA class was successful and therefore where my comment is wrong? You're making an entirely different point and telling me mine is wrong.

kamakazi_kal
03-18-2010, 10:28 AM
Go back and read the part of my post you quoted and bolded. Tell me what part of the 2008 FA class was successful and therefore where my comment is wrong? You're making an entirely different point and telling me mine is wrong.

I see what your saying. My point is how is a FA class good if it all ends up the same as a bad FA class?

colonelbeef
03-18-2010, 10:35 AM
pointing out mcdaniels faults is one thing (given that he has been a head coach for exactly one year its pretty hard to say exactly what they are), constantly trashing him and acting as if hes destroying the franchise in every single thread without any possible reasoning that he may be doing something good for the team are something completely different.

LOL. You are always trying to make it seem like we aren't yet allowed to criticize McDaniels.

Fault #1. Trading away the 26 year old QB because of an ego clash, only to bring in filler trash, and destroying any continuity the young offense was building in the process.

Pretty big fault for starters.

tsiguy96
03-18-2010, 10:37 AM
LOL. You are always trying to make it seem like we aren't yet allowed to criticize McDaniels.

Fault #1. Trading away the 26 year old QB because of an ego clash, only to bring in filler trash, and destroying any continuity the young offense was building in the process.

Pretty big fault for starters.

i knew you guys were still bitter about cutler. i thought him leading the NFL in interceptions would start to dim that ridiculousness, i guess i was wrong.

tsiguy96
03-18-2010, 10:38 AM
Don't go gettin all butthurt

I'm just sayin how is this such an improvement if all those stats ur spouting ends with an 8 - 8 record? Wins, losses, playoffs, superbowls .... those are the only improvments that really count.

I get Mcd's only had one year and he will get a few more at the very least. Being an glass half full guy is fine but the blind support thing ..... ick.

im aware that at the end of hte day teh record is all that matters, but the team is clearly getting better if they win by more points in their wins, lose by less in their losses, all with a much harder schedule.

bendog
03-18-2010, 10:52 AM
I understand, you think orton is an upgrade over cutler. now whine about Wash and grossman some more. lol

elsid13
03-18-2010, 04:02 PM
So everyone is reporting that Shanahan is interested in QB, where do you actually think he going ~ either LT or Berry. Campbell will be given year and either he will improve under Kyle or his ass is gone.