PDA

View Full Version : Highlights/Pass Attempts Video of Brady Quinn's first start vs Denver

anton
03-16-2010, 06:12 PM
http://vimeo.com/5796097

created by my good friend AloDraft. I will also do some thing on Quinn next week.

tsiguy96
03-16-2010, 06:15 PM
keep in mind how frickin bad our defense was.

anton
03-16-2010, 06:17 PM
true but evaluate each throw on an invidiual basis. The first TD to Winslow was an AMAZING throw.

Popps
03-16-2010, 06:18 PM
This is a joke, right?

Where's Hillis??

Broncobiv
03-16-2010, 06:19 PM
keep in mind how frickin bad our defense was.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_gZuB5lrppTk/Sptyy3Np_MI/AAAAAAAAAMU/edj518ZF_BY/s400/debbie+downer.gif

There is no room for optimism anymore on the Mane! Quinn has no potential to actually be good! It was just our crappy defense that allowed him to show flashes of talent!

s0phr0syne
03-16-2010, 06:31 PM
After watching that, it's clear that Cutler and Bates were sharing some brokeback times. No doubt in my mind.

StugotsIII
03-16-2010, 06:48 PM
When Quinn had weapons...he was pretty good. He made quick reads, moved well, was accurate and had a live arm.

Take away Winslow and Edwards...bad things happen.

razorwire77
03-16-2010, 06:51 PM
Overall, his mechanics are good. But, he sure likes to throw off of his back foot a lot.

HooptyHoops
03-16-2010, 06:57 PM
At 6 min, Orton would have been sacked by the man who came free. Quinn has much better feet than Orton. And, makes me wish that we had a dominate TE like Winslow, as Quinn liked him a ton!!

BlaK-Argentina
03-16-2010, 07:00 PM
Just seeing some of the names we had playing defense back then makes me want to kill myself.

Manuel, McCree, Webster, Winborn... sweet jesus.

Dr. Broncenstein
03-16-2010, 07:11 PM
Just seeing some of the names we had playing defense back then makes me want to kill myself.

Manuel, McCree, Webster, Winborn... sweet jesus.

I couldn't bring myself to watch that defense. Can someone tell me the most important stat: how many times did Webster's helmet fall off?

gyldenlove
03-16-2010, 07:15 PM
He did his little hop thing, when he is under pressure he jumps up when he passes, he did on the first TD as well as at least 2 other passes, if you look at his videos from ND he did the same thing there, it causes the ball to sail on him because he doesn't have his feet set.

BlaK-Argentina
03-16-2010, 07:18 PM
I couldn't bring myself to watch that defense. Can someone tell me the most important stat: how many times did Webster's helmet fall off?

Firing Shanahan was the right move. We were going nowhere in a hurry. Even those that hate McD have to agree that he did a great job of getting these sorry ass excuses for players out of our team.

SportinOne
03-16-2010, 07:23 PM
He's more mobile than Orton. That's not saying much. Very average "highlight" reel. Nothing matters until they battle it out in camp. We didn't give up much and we got a talented project QB. fine.

next.

The MVPlaya
03-16-2010, 07:30 PM
He did his little hop thing, when he is under pressure he jumps up when he passes, he did on the first TD as well as at least 2 other passes, if you look at his videos from ND he did the same thing there, it causes the ball to sail on him because he doesn't have his feet set.

Dumervil was right there when he jumped up for the first TD pass... go and watch the SD game clip, he stood right there and made the perfect delivery as someone was right in his face...

BMarsh615
03-16-2010, 07:31 PM

I don't think I saw Webster. But I saw Winborn dancing at least 5 times after he stopped somebody after they crossed the first down marker.

Hamrob
03-16-2010, 07:32 PM
Why doesn't the video play?

BMarsh615
03-16-2010, 07:32 PM
There was really nothing impressive from Quinn in that entire video.

KipCorrington25
03-16-2010, 07:33 PM
Yes, this is a good reminder of how much I loathe Jaime Winborn and his celebrate every tackle like it's the Super Bowl persona... What a douche bag he is.

Besides that Quinn made a good half dozens plays Orton couldn't if his life depended on it.

StugotsIII
03-16-2010, 07:36 PM
There was really nothing impressive from Quinn in that entire video.

Really?

Not even the TD he threw to Winslow before getting blown up by Doom?

BMarsh615
03-16-2010, 07:40 PM
Really?

Not even the TD he threw to Winslow before getting blown up by Doom?

There was really only one play in that entire video that Orton couldn't have made and that was when he avoided a sack and made a nice check down.

Hamrob
03-16-2010, 07:54 PM
What I like about Quinn is that he keeps plays alive. the only question I have about him is whether he can stretch the field. I think he has a more than strong enough arm for it...but, will he be effective at it?

I for one am glad we got him.

Hamrob
03-16-2010, 07:56 PM
There was really only one play in that entire video that Orton couldn't have made and that was when he avoided a sack and made a nice check down.Orton would have went down at least 3x. Quinn was under all kinds of pressure...the difference is, he knows when to step up in the pocket.

Hey, I hope Orton is better this year...but I'm happy we now have someone who can take over if need be.

I'll be rooting for Quinn!

Broncosfreak_56
03-16-2010, 08:16 PM
He's more mobile than Orton. That's not saying much. Very average "highlight" reel. Nothing matters until they battle it out in camp. We didn't give up much and we got a talented project QB. fine.

next.

It wasn't a "highlight" reel, it was all his throws in his very first game as a starter.

The MVPlaya
03-16-2010, 08:17 PM
It wasn't a "highlight" reel, it was all his throws in his very first game as a starter.

Logic and common sense are not allowed at the Mane. Please kill yourself.

Popps
03-16-2010, 08:18 PM
There was really only one play in that entire video that Orton couldn't have made and that was when he avoided a sack and made a nice check down.

Watch Orton's highlights v. the Patriots from last season. He looks crisper, and goes to his 2nd and 3rd options more than Quinn. Given, this is Quinn's first start.

He doesn't look bad, though. You can see the potential. He's certainly much more mobile.

I think he needs a year as an apprentice, and then can compete with all three of our QBs for a starting gig in 11.

gyldenlove
03-16-2010, 08:21 PM
Watch Orton's highlights v. the Patriots from last season. He looks crisper, and goes to his 2nd and 3rd options more than Quinn. Given, this is Quinn's first start.

He doesn't look bad, though. You can see the potential. He's certainly much more mobile.

I think he needs a year as an apprentice, and then can compete with all three of our QBs for a starting gig in 11.

You can tell he has some tools, but needs refinement. His reads are not great and his footwork gets sloppy at times.

Obviously a rookie in his first game you can't expect much more though, the one thing I really do appreciate with him is that he seems to have a good feel for what is supposed to happen.

On the whole Orton has a better throw and more consistent footwork and sees the game better.

I have to admit, and this may be weird, but I think Quinn will make a great clipboard holder for Tom Brandstater in 2011 (if that season happens).

Popps
03-16-2010, 08:31 PM
"and the Cutler turnover turns into 7 points...."

Kaylore
03-16-2010, 08:36 PM
Bob Slowik made every QB look all world.

bronco610
03-16-2010, 08:38 PM
My opinion and $3.50 (inflation) would maybe get you a cup of coffee. Still he has better balance than Orton, doesn't go down as easy, moves around better in the pocket and has better pocket presence. The arm strength and talent otherwise look about the same.

Oh yeah, it was against our defense so disregard. ;D

gyldenlove
03-16-2010, 08:41 PM
My opinion and $3.50 (inflation) would maybe get you a cup of coffee. Still he has better balance than Orton, doesn't go down as easy, moves around better in the pocket and has better pocket presence. The arm strength and talent otherwise look about the same.

Oh yeah, it was against our defense so disregard. ;D

That is only because Orton mostly played sober last season, he has much better balance when drunk.

strafen
03-16-2010, 09:13 PM
keep in mind how frickin bad our defense was.This is not even remotely close to what the OP point was.

_Oro_
03-16-2010, 09:58 PM
The vaunted Broncos 9 man front.

Frisian
03-16-2010, 10:03 PM
The thing that stood out to me was his mobility in the pocket. I was a fan of Orton last year, but he took way to many sacks. Is Quinn the long term answer, maybe. But he does make me feel more hopeful than Orton does.

On a side note, watching this made me remember how much our defense danced after every tackle. So annoying.

The MVPlaya
03-16-2010, 10:05 PM
The arm strength and talent otherwise look about the same.

I don't think you've watched a game of Kyle Orton.

The MVPlaya
03-16-2010, 10:08 PM

First off, Orton didn't exactly have time to go to 2nd and 3rd options... secondly, Orton would eye down receivers (just not as bad as Cutler). Orton scans HALF (or maybe less) the field on 90% of the plays.

All the Broncos 2009 game highlights are uploaded on youtube courtesy of milehighreport.

strafen
03-16-2010, 10:15 PM
watch orton's highlights v. The patriots from last season. He looks crisper, and goes to his 2nd and 3rd options more than quinn. Given, this is quinn's first start.

He doesn't look bad, though. you can see the potential. he's certainly much more mobile.

I think he needs a year as an apprentice, and then can compete with all three of our qbs for a starting gig in 11.Yup, right!
LOL ROFL!

Polster60
03-16-2010, 10:34 PM
What stood out to me was how many of his passes were his first reads. I didn't see very many progressions. Though that would be expected from a young QB starting his first pro game. What worries me is the fact almost all his passes went to their TEs, Heidenberg(?) and Winslow had most of the receptions. In Mcdaniels more complicated passing scheme will Quinn be able to throw the outs, digs, and curls with equal effectiveness. Watch some of his throws to the sidelines. His accuracy is off quite a bit; floats or sinks, and generally misses his WR.

strafen
03-16-2010, 10:41 PM
What stood out to me was how many of his passes were his first reads. I didn't see very many progressions. Though that would be expected from a young QB starting his first pro game. What worries me is the fact almost all his passes went to their TEs, Heidenberg(?) and Winslow had most of the receptions. In Mcdaniels more complicated passing scheme will Quinn be able to throw the outs, digs, and curls with equal effectiveness. Watch some of his throws to the sidelines. His accuracy is off quite a bit; floats or sinks, and generally misses his WR.He's been around the New England offense since college, all the way to the pros, no?
While we don't use FB and little of TE's, Quinn won't have much trouble picking up McDaniels system...
Also, you can expect McDaniels to work with him on certain things.
I don't anticipate Quinn having to do the kind of work Orton had to go through to get where he needs to be...

The MVPlaya
03-16-2010, 10:44 PM
What stood out to me was how many of his passes were his first reads. I didn't see very many progressions. Though that would be expected from a young QB starting his first pro game. What worries me is the fact almost all his passes went to their TEs, Heidenberg(?) and Winslow had most of the receptions. In Mcdaniels more complicated passing scheme will Quinn be able to throw the outs, digs, and curls with equal effectiveness. Watch some of his throws to the sidelines. His accuracy is off quite a bit; floats or sinks, and generally misses his WR.

I don't think there has ever been a rookie QB or a QB in his first start(s) that makes many progressions. The plays are probably not even running through his head fully to be honest with you, all the adrenaline, etc.

What is to be worried about all passes going to TEs? Nothing.

McDaniels offense is also about making the read before the snap. If you watch Clausen or Quinn in college, it's about quick reads. If you watch Orton, there are many quick reads.

**** all that - just watch Peyton Manning - and you'll see speed of light reads.

The MVPlaya
03-16-2010, 10:53 PM
At the end of the day that was his first pro start... don't over analyze it like you know what play was being called, the game plan, etc.

Hulamau
03-16-2010, 11:21 PM
Overall, his mechanics are good. But, he sure likes to throw off of his back foot a lot.

Did you happen to notice that he had two to three of our defenders in his face within microseconds after most every snap?

Polster60
03-17-2010, 01:41 AM
I'm not overly concerned at all. It was his first start, and I suppose that was the game plan that Romeo Crennel developed for this particular game. Make it easy, don't overcomplicate things. It was a very smart move. Although it would be nice to see some footage from this past season to see if there was any change in his game. As well, I am aware that he comes from a college program that will allow him fast transfer into McDaniels system. I'm just stating what I saw in that footage.

I have to say though, damn that defense was pretty fricking horrible. How the defense didn't adjust is just amazing. The Cleveland offense was pretty predictable. Pass to Winslow, pass to Winslow again, pass to Heidenberg, pass to Edwards, Pass to Stalworth, REPEAT. pretty bad stuff.

anton
03-17-2010, 02:11 AM
The only Browns 2009 games I have are vs Denver and vs Lions, so I will put up all pass attempts for those two games next week. Here is a lowlight video against Baltimore this past year... mostly a lowlight of the o-line and WRs though.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7OfGpCngwbk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7OfGpCngwbk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>