PDA

View Full Version : OT: looking for a new phone

ColoradoDarin
03-16-2010, 01:39 PM
So my wife wants a phone that she can text with (full keyboard), but she doesn't care about accessing the internet and we're not paying $20/30 for the data plan anyways. No iPhone and no Droid (can't get it anyways with AT&T right now). We looked a little bit at the store, but I wanted to get some advice here. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Blueflame
03-16-2010, 01:46 PM
I have the LG EnV3 and really like it... and my daughter's very happy with her Samsung Alias 2. Either one is a good phone.

Dukes
03-16-2010, 01:48 PM
I got the LG ENV Touch. I really like it. Flips open, outside touchscreen is large. I thought it was fairly easy to use and operate. Overall it's a great phone. Battery life isn't the best but I go two days without charging.

Dagmar
03-16-2010, 01:49 PM
iPhone.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa78/Hindaril/didntread.gif

ColoradoDarin
03-16-2010, 02:10 PM
I got the LG ENV Touch. I really like it. Flips open, outside touchscreen is large. I thought it was fairly easy to use and operate. Overall it's a great phone. Battery life isn't the best but I go two days without charging.

We're with AT&T and it doesn't look like we can get the ENV's, I guess their version for AT&T is the Xenon? That might do, of course I'll probably buy it on Ebay or something because they want to require a data plan to buy it....

bronco militia
03-16-2010, 02:11 PM
unlimited texting with Sprint when you buy a data plan (text, email, internet, TV,NFLnetwork)

ColoradoDarin
03-16-2010, 02:11 PM
I have the LG EnV3 and really like it... and my daughter's very happy with her Samsung Alias 2. Either one is a good phone.

Thanks. We had some Samsung phones a couple of years back and didn't like the voice, and as I said in the other reply, we can't use the ENV's, but I'm looking into the LG Xenon.

ColoradoDarin
03-16-2010, 02:16 PM
unlimited texting with Sprint when you buy a data plan (text, email, internet, TV,NFLnetwork)

We're staying with AT&T, when we moved we used up almost all of our rollover minutes (about 2000 minutes, and we're still on the lowest plan) and didn't have to pay for any extra airtime. Plus we get a 15% discount through my wife's work.

bronco militia
03-16-2010, 02:17 PM
We're staying with AT&T, when we moved we used up almost all of our rollover minutes (about 2000 minutes, and we're still on the lowest plan) and didn't have to pay for any extra airtime. Plus we get a 15% discount through my wife's work.

I'd probably stay with AT&T :thumbsup:

StugotsIII
03-16-2010, 02:22 PM
iPhone...it's really not even close.

Irish Stout
03-16-2010, 02:45 PM
I can't believe nobody reads the original posters requirements. He says no Iphone, no Droid, and they'll stay with AT&T.

Come on people.

That being said, I recommend the Iphone.

Irish Stout
03-16-2010, 02:47 PM
Seriously though, check out the LG Neon. Its practically like the ENV, and LG has very high quality products for the price. Plus its got the QWERTY keyboard, which is easier for texters not used to the touch screens.

If you are re-signing with AT&T I think you can get one for free.

Blueflame
03-16-2010, 04:34 PM
Thanks. We had some Samsung phones a couple of years back and didn't like the voice, and as I said in the other reply, we can't use the ENV's, but I'm looking into the LG Xenon.

I'm not really what I'd call "satisfied" with our cell phone provider (Verizon) but where we live, they're essentially the only viable option (more cell towers/better coverage/fewer "dead zones" than any other provider). Because of this, almost everyone else we usually call is also on Verizon, so the "in-network" calls mean less usage of our monthly allotment of minutes.

Good luck with finding just the right phone for AT&T. :)