PDA

View Full Version : NFL Channel - Broncos Discussion!

Hamrob
03-15-2010, 07:49 PM
I hadn't seen this posted yet. They're certainly not Josh Mcd fans. Thoughts?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-free-agency/09000d5d816f80cf/Bronco-breakdown

I think they make some valid points...but, at the same time...we just don't know. This season will give us a much better picture of who Josh McDaniels is as a head football coach.

tsiguy96
03-15-2010, 07:50 PM
of course they arent, especially after what mcd said about nfl network. those guys are posers and bring up some of the dumbest **** to say how bad the broncos suck without ever bringing up what mcd does right.

Clockwork Orange
03-15-2010, 07:51 PM
When they were 6-0, they praised him. When they finished 8-8, they ripped him.

Nature of the business.

Bronco Boy
03-15-2010, 08:04 PM
Jamie Dukes has to remind himself to breathe in and out.

Caligula
03-15-2010, 08:09 PM
There aren't very many that are McD fans.

Houshyamama
03-15-2010, 08:10 PM
Jamie Dukes is a retard

HILife
03-15-2010, 08:10 PM
hhhhmmm don't want to call them idiots, but they are idiots. Obviously Denver gets rid of people because McDaniels wants the team to suck. That's pretty much what they are saying.

tsiguy96
03-15-2010, 08:12 PM
Jamie Dukes is a retard

a lot of the very good reporters like him. michael lombardi, schefter, etc like him and think he will be good. media sensationalists do not.

Houshyamama
03-15-2010, 08:13 PM
a lot of the very good reporters like him. michael lombardi, schefter, etc like him and think he will be good. media sensationalists do not.

did you see Rod Smith punk Dukes last year? Made him look like an amateur.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d81147803/Broncos-2009-outlook

"don't talk about them Broncos, I'll put these dukes up. I'ma hit you with these rings.." bwahahahaha

Hamrob
03-15-2010, 08:26 PM
To me...it all depends on what he gets in exchange. He got rid of Cutler...and he got 2 1's and a 3rd. I didn't like it...but, he wasn't taken on the deal either.

He got rid of Nolan...will see what Wink can do.

He got rid of Hillis...but, he got Quinn in exhange.

He's looking to unload Marshall....If he gets a 1 or better, then I won't necessarily like it, but I can live with it...because he'll get market value.

He's looking to get rid of Scheffler...If he gets decent value in return, I won't like it...but, I can live with it.

Yeah, he's come across as radical....but, we just don't know yet. Like I said, this season will tell us alot about McDaniels. If we fail to make the playoffs, he might get another year...but it will be an uphill battle.

If he makes the playoffs, he just might be here for the next 10 years. There's a ton of unknowns right now...but, that makes it exciting.

Archer81
03-15-2010, 08:40 PM
To me...it all depends on what he gets in exchange. He got rid of Cutler...and he got 2 1's and a 3rd. I didn't like it...but, he wasn't taken on the deal either.

He got rid of Nolan...will see what Wink can do.

He got rid of Hillis...but, he got Quinn in exhange.

He's looking to unload Marshall....If he gets a 1 or better, then I won't necessarily like it, but I can live with it...because he'll get market value.

He's looking to get rid of Scheffler...If he gets decent value in return, I won't like it...but, I can live with it.

Yeah, he's come across as radical....but, we just don't know yet. Like I said, this season will tell us alot about McDaniels. If we fail to make the playoffs, he might get another year...but it will be an uphill battle.

If he makes the playoffs, he just might be here for the next 10 years. There's a ton of unknowns right now...but, that makes it exciting.

With Cutler, Marshall, Sheffler and Hillis we finished 8-8. We did not have a complete team and the offense could do anything and everything they wanted because they were all coddled. Changing the culture that developed in Denver the last 4 years is not going to happen overnight. Its odd to me how its a mistake by McDaniels to make the team the way he wants it. In my opinion, too many fans were expecting a younger Mike Shanahan. The treating of players like adults and not pampered bitches upset the players; and when they got shipped out or disciplined, fans thought McDaniels was in the wrong. If the best thing for the Denver Broncos is to get rid of "all star" talent to move the entire team forward, do it.

Signing 30 new players, changing the offensive philosophy and trading the "all world" player in Cutler we finished 8-8. McDaniels has earned two more years to get more pieces and rebuild a team that has been in at least one superbowl every decade since the 1970s.

:Broncos:

MaloCS
03-15-2010, 09:27 PM
Jamie Dukes is a retard

McDingleBerry is a retard!

Cito Pelon
03-15-2010, 09:35 PM
There aren't very many that are McD fans.

Like you count.

Cito Pelon
03-15-2010, 09:37 PM
McDingleBerry is a retard!

You don't count either.

Chief Macho
03-15-2010, 09:47 PM
Everything they said was fair. I think any non Bronco fan looks at all this player movement and are skeptical. It will happen until they win.

Florida_Bronco
03-15-2010, 10:00 PM
How pathetic is it that two former NFL players can't see the purposes behind the moves McDaniels is making?

Pseudofool
03-15-2010, 10:34 PM
Who cares what either of those guys say? They sound like idiots to me.

azbroncfan
03-15-2010, 10:35 PM
How pathetic is it that two former NFL players can't see the purposes behind the moves McDaniels is making?

Or mention how good Nolan's defense was last 10 games. They also act like MCD had no imput on the D and doesn't know anything about it.

Broncobiv
03-15-2010, 10:46 PM
mcdaniels has earned two more years to get more pieces and rebuild a team that has been in at least one superbowl every decade since the 1970s.
2000-2009?

tsiguy96
03-15-2010, 10:52 PM
2000-2009?

we dont discuss those years on this forum anymore. lookin to the future dude!

strafen
03-15-2010, 10:57 PM
of course they arent, especially after what mcd said about nfl network. those guys are posers and bring up some of the dumbest **** to say how bad the broncos suck without ever bringing up what mcd does right.What is it that McDaniels has done "right"?
Can you explain yourself?
Look, they're telling it like it is, it's still a puzzle for many around the NFL to try to figure out what McDaniels is trying to do.

These are former NFL players that know a thing or two about football than you do, and when they're as confused as many people about what McDaniels is doing, just goes to show you it's a legitimate point of debate.

We will see if all of these things Mcdaniels is doing are indeed the "right" thing.

hambone13
03-15-2010, 11:24 PM
What is it that McDaniels has done "right"?
Can you explain yourself?
Look, they're telling it like it is, it's still a puzzle for many around the NFL to try to figure out what McDaniels is trying to do.

These are former NFL players that know a thing or two about football than you do, and when they're as confused as many people about what McDaniels is doing, just goes to show you it's a legitimate point of debate.

We will see if all of these things Mcdaniels is doing are indeed the "right" thing.

As much as directly agreeing with "Dragster69" hurts, this NFL Network moment is pretty accurate. There is a ton of question and doubt as to the logic of what's going on with the Broncos until we see mcD prove his worth. He's certainly been unconventional and rates criticism. These national jackasses don't even know whether to agree or disagree with one another.

At the end of the day, there have been some interesting short term moves on the defensive side, this year that make me happy but on the offensive side McD terrifies me.....

Killericon
03-15-2010, 11:25 PM
Rod Woodson sounds like a guy who knows what he's talking about and doesn't think the Broncos are good.

Jamie Dukes sounds like a ****ing clown with an axe to grind.

Wes Mantooth
03-16-2010, 12:01 AM
Like you count.

Cito, that is the most beautiful bike I have seen. Is that a 77?

meangene
03-16-2010, 02:47 AM
As soon as I saw Mayock wasn't one of the analysts and it was Douche and Woodson, I turned it off. How Douche still has a job is dumbfounding.

Baba Booey
03-16-2010, 03:02 AM
http://i333.photobucket.com/albums/m362/ringojunior/jamieduke.jpg

MplsBronco
03-16-2010, 08:08 AM
I see I am not missing much by not having NFL Network. That was some terrible analysis.

tsiguy96
03-16-2010, 08:10 AM
yea i used to watch total access every day, and havent watched it in a long time.

oubronco
03-16-2010, 08:24 AM
So because they didn't say what you wanted them to say they are retards

tsiguy96
03-16-2010, 08:27 AM

no, because everything they say has no perspective as to what is actually going on. to say he doesnt understand why mcdaniels made the moves he did ie bringing in 3 high quality Dline FAs is silly and ridiculous.

crush17
03-16-2010, 08:28 AM
Rarely watch NFL Network anymore.

oubronco
03-16-2010, 08:29 AM
no, because everything they say has no perspective as to what is actually going on. to say he doesnt understand why mcdaniels made the moves he did ie bringing in 3 high quality Dline FAs is silly and ridiculous.

Yea I don't agree with all they said but to call them retards because people don't like what they said is kinda stupid in itself

MplsBronco
03-16-2010, 08:31 AM

What they said wasn't accurate. It would have been nice if they discussed our rushing D at the end of the year. We would have given up the single game record to Jamaal friggen Charles had he not taken himself out of the game. And to pretend that Cutler and Marshall haven't acted like total asses is unfair. And why no mention of "The Franchise's" 20+ INTs last year?

Say what you will about McD, but at least he is taking the bull by the horns and is making moves he thinks is right.

oubronco
03-16-2010, 08:34 AM
What they said wasn't accurate. It would have been nice if they discussed our rushing D at the end of the year. We would have given up the single game record to Jamaal friggen Charles had he not taken himself out of the game. And to pretend that Cutler and Marshall haven't acted like total asses is unfair. And why no mention of "The Franchise's" 20+ INTs last year?

Say what you will about McD, but at least he is taking the bull by the horns and is making moves he thinks is right.

I just thought it was a little over the top to call someone retarded because they didn't say what you wanted them too

tsiguy96
03-16-2010, 08:37 AM
I just thought it was a little over the top to call someone retarded because they didn't say what you wanted them too

you dont understand, its not that we didnt like what they said, its that most of it was BS and completely nearsighted and uninformed. they make opinions public to thousands of people about this team and constantly try to cast the villain light on mcdaniels, but they pick and choose and spin facts to fit their sensationalist attitude.

oubronco
03-16-2010, 08:39 AM
you dont understand, its not that we didnt like what they said, its that most of it was BS and completely nearsighted and uninformed. they make opinions public to thousands of people about this team and constantly try to cast the villain light on mcdaniels, but they pick and choose and spin facts to fit their sensationalist attitude.

One of my best friends brother is mentally challenged and I just don't care for people throwing the retard word around when it don't suit them is all

~Crash~
03-16-2010, 09:21 AM

that is about the speed of this place as of late . there is no middle ground .

MplsBronco
03-16-2010, 09:24 AM
One of my best friends brother is mentally challenged and I just don't care for people throwing the retard word around when it don't suit them is all

Oh, I agree and I didn't use that word. I found their analysis to be simple and moronic.

Rabb
03-16-2010, 09:28 AM
it's really only Dukes on there I cannot stand, I like TA, but if he is on I won't watch

DenverBroncosJM
03-16-2010, 09:45 AM
it's really only Dukes on there I cannot stand, I like TA, but if he is on I won't watch

I think a lot of ex-players cant stand Dukes. I remember him and TD kinda of getting in to it also. Well maybe just ex Bronco players do not like him.

meangene
03-16-2010, 09:45 AM

That's exactly my position as well. The guy is not only uninformed and unprepared but rude, loud and obnoxious on top of it. If you don't know what you are talking about, the last thing you should do is make it so obvious.

Rabb
03-16-2010, 09:55 AM
That's exactly my position as well. The guy is not only uninformed and unprepared but rude, loud and obnoxious on top of it. If you don't know what you are talking about, the last thing you should do is make it so obvious.

yes, AND he gets visibly/audibly flustered really easily

just unprofessional as hell

I knew I wanted him to drown in battery acid last year when they were all picking a single player to start a franchise with and his dumb ass chose....Vick

broncofan7
03-16-2010, 10:20 AM
I have ridden McGenius harder than a $2 hoar--but this off-season has been a stellar one in my mind. We added a first round QB from just 3 years ago for a 7th round draft pick (hillis) and some other late round picks. We addressed our DL with a proven veteran NT(williams), a situational NT& starting DE(bannan) and another situational DE(Green). Our LB corp is solid..our secondary got better depth despite the travesty that was the trading for the rights to draft Fonzie last year. And if Quinn pans out like I think he will--I think he could be a Matt Hasselbeck type--I think that we will win 10 games next year. I'd really like us to take a gamble on Brian Westbrook.

meangene
03-16-2010, 10:29 AM
yes, AND he gets visibly/audibly flustered really easily

just unprofessional as hell

I knew I wanted him to drown in battery acid last year when they were all picking a single player to start a franchise with and his dumb ass chose....Vick

Ha! I remember that! We should put together a list of his "greatest" moments. I remember last year when he kept saying we could sign Marshall and put clauses in the contract to protect us if he had behavioral issues - not realizing that under the CBA only a minimal amount of the contract could be structured that way At least one poster from here kept messaging him and it was in several national articles about the limits but, still, he persisted. I wanted to throw something at the screen!

~Crash~
03-16-2010, 01:01 PM
Dukes , I love him cause he pisses you bunch of ass muchies off .

Hamrob
03-16-2010, 01:52 PM
I like Rod Woodson. He's not that familiar with the Broncos and their Organization is all. Most people have questioned what McD is doing. If it pans out...they will all shut the hell up. If not, they'll be the first to tell us so.

That's just how it goes.

hambone13
03-16-2010, 02:51 PM

Your analysis of their analysis is incredibly myopic. They are talking about his moves in general. They are quite unconventional and scary, especially on offense. For him to not rate criticism for his moves overall is silly and ridiculous.

Tombstone RJ
03-16-2010, 03:16 PM
2000-2009?

The golden age of Mike Shanahan. 1 playoff win. 1. Shanahan single handedly broke the consecutive SB/decade run.

Yah, I know, he got the Broncos two championships and for that he will always be loved. But since the 1970s the Broncos had at least appeared in 1 SB in each of the following dacades: 70s, 80s, 90s. Then, nada.

That SB win hangover was hell on Mike.

Tombstone RJ
03-16-2010, 03:31 PM
Jamie Dukes is a polarizing personality and that is why he's there. NFLN knows that and hence, they keep him on because of it.

NFLN is smart enough to know that bad publicity is better than no publicity and Dukes is the guy that gets under people's skin. Like him or not, we are talking about the show...

tsiguy96
03-16-2010, 04:04 PM
Jamie Dukes is a polarizing personality and that is why he's there. NFLN knows that and hence, they keep him on because of it.

NFLN is smart enough to know that bad publicity is better than no publicity and Dukes is the guy that gets under people's skin. Like him or not, we are talking about the show...

talking about it, too bad none of us watch it.

hambone13
03-16-2010, 05:47 PM
talking about it, too bad none of us watch it.

So you didn't watch it?

meangene
03-16-2010, 07:34 PM

I literally won't watch when he is on anymore. Last year, I was switching between NFLN and ESPN during the draft but ended up sticking with ESPN because I could not stand to listen to his loud, ill-informed opinions any longer. Which is a shame because I really like Mayock. They don't need this horse's ass to get viewers. He chases viewers away.

Kaylore
03-16-2010, 07:35 PM
You can tell that Dukes is reserved after predicting we would be horrible last year and ending up with egg on his face. His entire point is "that defense is hard to call." Um, ok? There's no way of knowing how this is going to go one way or another so they have to go negative?

Then Rod Woodson starts whining about Marshall like that has anything to do with the question.

You know that's my single biggest gripe with the McDaniels haters: They can't stick to the topic. They criticize every move with no substance and then when challenged on it change the subject to Cutler, Marshall, or the draft. There's no discussing the current move with any objectivity. It's generalities like "he's a stupid liar" or "he's a patriot" and then "This is the guy that drafted Alphonso Smith this year! That's all you need to know!!1!"

At least Woodson had the decency to look up Martindale's nickname.

tsiguy96
03-16-2010, 07:38 PM
i think those people who talk about nolan like hes god, but dont realize that defense fell apart the final 10 weeks.

DB Doom
03-17-2010, 11:30 AM
and...Marshall wants to leave..he needs to leave. Would like to see him stay but realize it wont happen..Cutler got his feelings hurt..wanted to leave..bye. i dont even give a **** about Hillis and like Quinn as the back up and future starter if Brandstater doesnt beat him to it but it's easy to put McD down..thats it..it's easy, but that being said..i like what he's doing..he's building a team and that IS what he's doing.

Hamrob
03-17-2010, 03:05 PM
i think those people who talk about nolan like hes god, but dont realize that defense fell apart the final 10 weeks.Woodson was coaced by Nolan...so, he's loyal. No biggie.

Look...when you totally redo a roster...that at least was promising on Offense, you're going to get some criticism until you start winning.

I honestly can't imagine us not making the playoffs this year. I think alot of the negative talk will be in the past very soon.

underrated29
03-17-2010, 03:11 PM
Woodson was coaced by Nolan...so, he's loyal. No biggie.

Look...when you totally redo a roster...that at least was promising on Offense, you're going to get some criticism until you start winning.

I honestly can't imagine us not making the playoffs this year. I think alot of the negative talk will be in the past very soon.

Have you seen our schedule??? If we do not make the playoffs this year we do need to consider heating the seat up on mcdaniels. With the moves we have made and hopefully a solid draft this year, plus the exp. from our now 2nd year guys 11 wins should be almost expected.

Archer81
03-17-2010, 07:28 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TIiIwXJ2XOM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TIiIwXJ2XOM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

:Broncos:

Punisher
03-17-2010, 07:30 PM
I miss Plummer

Requiem
03-17-2010, 07:32 PM
Woodson was coaced by Nolan...so, he's loyal. No biggie.

The overhaul was everywhere, and we had more defensive starters who were signed or new players last year than we did offensively. Furthermore, we changed offensive and defensive philosophies, and had to acquire players who McDaniels and others thought were worth the investment. It is very safe to assume and say that a lot of the players the Broncos rid themselves of were not quality schematic fits, and didn't need to take the roster spot of better performing players whose skill-sets adapt to the direction we are going.

Plus, it is not like we were re-doing a roster full of success. The teams were underachieving prior even with the talent. So we got rid of Cutler and Hillis. Big deal? Many others have stayed and we sought upgrades at positions where players were significantly under-performing, like Ben Hamilton at guard. I do not have a problem with the coach of our team with a different mindset than the past looking to get rid of players whom he feels are replaceable or good fits for the direction we are heading.

I think McDaniels has done some good things here in his short time, but also believe he could have handled things differently. I applaud McDaniels' efforts to maximize the value in the Cutler trade, and the acquisition of Quinn. I'm highly critical of him for some of the other value decisions regarding draft selections, but realize they are things out of my control that cannot be additional stress factors in my life. Always two sides to a coin, perhaps more in some instances, but the constant doom and gloom bashing and criticism McDaniels gets around here for unjust reasons does get old. Life has enough obstacles to get through. Don't see the purpose in coming up with unnecessary burdens to my health, especially regarding my thoughts on a team.

Anyhoo, I thought we'd finish where we did last year, but not in the way it occurred. I hope the talent we acquired this off-season can help us down the road and that our draft brings us a little better value than it did last year. (Although I do like a lot of the selections!) It's a good time to be a Broncos fan, actually an exciting one. We've had roller coaster off-seasons for about five years in a row now and I expect that to continue. Let's just hope all those rises and falls lead us to another Lombardi soon.

^5

Requiem
03-17-2010, 07:39 PM
I think Moreno and Ayers will turn out to be good enough pros for us in the league to justify their first-round selections. I also think that Smith, when he learns and can earn a job outside, that he will feel more comfortable. Unfortunately I think that the trade value was so horrendous, a lot of us will have a hard time giving him props even if he does perform at a quality level.

I'm still unsure about the Quinn trade, but some had him pegged as a late second rounder or a third round selection. GM Rick Smith of the Texans actually said he was their target early in the third. Do like that we got Seth Olsen out of it. I think he can be a good starter in the league. Wasn't expecting Darcel, but he seemed to make plays defensively and on special teams before he broke his forearm. I believe he is a very cerebral player and has tremendous drive and athleticism and think he can do some great things for us. I also loved Bruton, and am glad we were able to secure a reserve center, special-team ace, but a guy with starting potential. The fact they get to learn under guys like Dawkins and Bailey make me pleased as well.

Blake didn't work out at center, but it's really not that unusual for low-round players to make the team. Does suck, since in retrospect it was a waste, but I'm confident he won't be doing anything elsewhere. Kenny McKinley was a receiver I really liked out of South Carolina, but he didn't do much last year and I never heard the extent of his injury that put him on IR. (If anyone can let me know what it was for certain, ACL tear, etc. -- let me know.) He's still young and has potential, and I hope he will have some growth.

All and all, I'm pretty optimistic about last year's draft, partly because a lot of those guys were prospects I really liked. I look forward to the following weeks leading up to the draft and cannot wait to see who we get come April. I will try and reserve judgment until it is proper, but can only hope they will pan out and bring our team back to the promise land.

Arkansas Bronco
03-17-2010, 07:44 PM
It's generalities like "he's a stupid liar" or "he's a patriot" and then "This is the guy that drafted Alphonso Smith this year! That's all you need to know!!1!"

Im use to the draft sucking in early rounds. Since 84 only Atwater, Mobley, Pryce, Wilson, and Clady have been good first round picks (sorry SteveSewell), and 2nd rounders suck as well with just Portis and Vance Johnson. So im pretty use to not getting who I like on draft day (well early anyways). But some how this team still finds a way to make it work so let the talk show guys blather stupid crap. It dont bother me none.

broncofan7
03-18-2010, 08:12 AM
Im use to the draft sucking in early rounds. Since 84 only Atwater, Mobley, Pryce, Wilson, and Clady have been good first round picks (sorry SteveSewell), and 2nd rounders suck as well with just Portis and Vance Johnson. So im pretty use to not getting who I like on draft day (well early anyways). But some how this team still finds a way to make it work so let the talk show guys blather stupid crap. It dont bother me none.

and everyone was like 'steve atwater' who? the highest ranked saftey was Louis Oliver I believe. Same with John Mobley--not many ppl liked mobely outside of us and jimmy jphnson.........