PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Thomas is skipping offseason workouts

montrose
03-15-2010, 01:01 PM
http://www.kdvr.com/sports/kdvr-marcus-thomas-031510,0,2931752.story

Man-Goblin
03-15-2010, 01:06 PM
He'll probably also be skipping the start of the season, know what I'm sayin?

PRBronco
03-15-2010, 01:08 PM
Damn, and I thought this was the season he gets his first career sack.

Garcia Bronco
03-15-2010, 01:09 PM
Good. Get these Shanahan losers out of here.

Dr. Broncenstein
03-15-2010, 01:11 PM
Ryan Harris is now the one-man wolfpack of the 2007 draft.

Rulon Velvet Jones
03-15-2010, 01:11 PM
Josina came up with that. It's likely worded wrong in the first place. He probably has permission anyway.

bronco militia
03-15-2010, 01:14 PM
Ryan Harris is now the one-man wolfpack of the 2007 draft.

Jarvis Moss? Ha!

ColoradoDarin
03-15-2010, 01:15 PM
It's Josina, so there might be something more to the story (excused absence), but if he's skipping off season workouts, then he might as well pack his bags. He's already on the bubble and should be busting his backside to get better.

gtown
03-15-2010, 01:15 PM
On noooesss!!!!!!1 Who is gonna do backflips at training camp for us?

Dr. Broncenstein
03-15-2010, 01:16 PM
Jarvis Moss? Ha!

Honestly?

TheDave
03-15-2010, 01:17 PM
I was surprised Thomas made the team last year...

bronco militia
03-15-2010, 01:19 PM
Honestly?

I don't know why, but Moss is still on the roster....

watermock
03-15-2010, 01:22 PM
Shouldn't we of passed him off to the Browns then?

Houshyamama
03-15-2010, 01:23 PM
Jarvis Moss? Ha!

You guys may not know this, but I consider myself…a bit of a loner. I tend to think of myself as a one man wolf pack. But when Shanahan brought Javaris home, I knew he was one of my own. And my wolf pack, it grew by one. So were two…so there was two of us in the pack. I…I was alone first in the pack, and then Javaris joined in later.

ColoradoDarin
03-15-2010, 01:24 PM
You guys may not know this, but I consider myself…a bit of a loner. I tend to think of myself as a one man wolf pack. But when Shanahan brought Javaris home, I knew he was one of my own. And my wolf pack, it grew by one. So were two…so there was two of us in the pack. I…I was alone first in the pack, and then Javaris joined in later.

You guys have t-shirts too? :)

Mr.Meanie
03-15-2010, 01:25 PM
I would be wary about anything that comes out of Josina's twitter

bronco militia
03-15-2010, 01:26 PM

you went twatter

PRBronco
MT nt feelng xrcise. Wll rprt for $.

Houshyamama

yes and we're blood brothers

broncocalijohn
03-15-2010, 01:27 PM

No, but they have jackets.

Florida_Bronco
03-15-2010, 01:28 PM
Usually this would concern me, but it seems with the CBA issue that alot of players around the league are skipping the voluntary workouts.

TheDave
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1d78VkTniiE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1d78VkTniiE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

At about the 16 sec mark watch the fantastic job Thoms does at taking on his block... Which is only trumped by his complete lack of awarnes when Jamaal runs right by him... and that is only toped by his hustle after Jamaal runs right by him.

As a matter of fact notice how no one on our team does anything that resembles taking on a block...

Dr. Broncenstein

Too bad he's a reh-tard.

Popcorn Sutton
03-15-2010, 01:32 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1d78VkTniiE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1d78VkTniiE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

At about the 16 sec mark watch the fantastic job Thoms does at taking on his block... Which is only trumped by his complete lack of awarnes when Jamaal runs right by him... and that is only toped by his hustle after Jamaal runs right by him.

As a matter of fact notice how no one on our team does anything that resembles taking on a block...

LOL, he looked like he was more interested at running towards the other end of the field.

watermock
03-15-2010, 01:35 PM

Define "twitter".

broncocalijohn
03-15-2010, 01:37 PM
Define "twitter".

"Twitter" is a quick post, mostly nonsense, that uses its own brand of English to try to get a point across. Thankfully for the writer, it isnt graded for English class. It could also be known as "Mockter".

WolfpackGuy
03-15-2010, 01:38 PM
He's working on his pass coverage during fake FG situations at home.

TheDave
03-15-2010, 01:40 PM
LOL, he looked like he was more interested at running towards the other end of the field.

No matter how many time I've seen that it still makes me sick...

The Joker
03-15-2010, 01:45 PM
Desperate, desperate tackling by Hill and Goodman on that play.

Tombstone RJ
03-15-2010, 01:45 PM

That's just some god awful defense righ there. It looks like the defense has nothing left in the tank. The defensive line was completely dismantled on that play and both Andra Davis and DJ Williams are completely worthless (Davis is pushed to the side and Williams is playing hopscotch with his blocker). Add in some crappy tackling attempts by the secondary and well, Jamaal Charles gets to do a happy dance in the endzone.

Wow, that's some crappy defense.

TheDave
03-15-2010, 01:50 PM
That's just some god awful defense righ there. It looks like the defense has nothing left in the tank. The defensive line was completely dismantled on that play and both Andra Davis and DJ Williams are completely worthless (Davis is pushed to the side and Williams is playing hopscotch with his blocker). Add in some crappy tackling attempts by the secondary and well, Jamal Charles gets to do a fag dance in the endzone.

When you watch this it's easy to understand why we have signed 3 new Dlinemen... and will probably draft a couple more.

StugotsIII
03-15-2010, 01:52 PM
I remember when Denver traded a high draft chose to jump in and get him. Many Bronco fans were happy about it saying he was a 1st round talent held back by off season issues.

I didn't think he was a good idea then and I don't now. I want all Shanny defensive players gone.

HILife
03-15-2010, 01:53 PM
Newly-acquired Broncos defensive lineman Justin Bannan is expected to be the team's starting nose tackle this season.

Jamal Williams?

Houshyamama
03-15-2010, 01:54 PM
I remember when Denver traded a high draft chose to jump in and get him. Many Bronco fans were happy about it saying he was a 1st round talent held back by off season issues.

I didn't think he was a good idea then and I don't now. I want all Shanny defensive players gone.

Uhhh... Champ?

Chief Macho
That's just some god awful defense righ there. It looks like the defense has nothing left in the tank. The defensive line was completely dismantled on that play and both Andra Davis and DJ Williams are completely worthless (Davis is pushed to the side and Williams is playing hopscotch with his blocker). Add in some crappy tackling attempts by the secondary and well, Jamal Charles gets to do a fag dance in the endzone.

Nice use of the term 'fag dance'. Well done.

Houshyamama
Nice use of the term 'fag dance'. Well done.

Agreed. Very fitting.

Tombstone RJ
03-15-2010, 01:56 PM
When you watch this it's easy to understand why we have signed 3 new Dlinemen... and will probably draft a couple more.

No doubt. As good as the defense was for the first part of the season, it really wore down by the end of the season. Add in the fact that the Broncos couldn't score any points and well, you have a games like this.

Rabb
03-15-2010, 01:56 PM

Doom?

s0phr0syne
03-15-2010, 01:57 PM
I think Thomas is average in a 4-3. But def. out of position in a 3-4. Some smart GMin' might get us a 6th rounder for him? Probably no more than a 7th.

Who are some of the UT hungry 4-3 teams?

Tombstone RJ
03-15-2010, 02:00 PM

He's talking about Marcus Thomas...

bronco militia
03-15-2010, 02:13 PM

DJ Williams, Champ Bailey?

TheDave
03-15-2010, 02:14 PM
DJ Williams, Champ Bailey?

Either DJ needs a couple of massive fatties in front of him or he better learn to take on a block here and there...

I'm not sure DJ is cut out for this 3-4 thing.

bendog
03-15-2010, 02:16 PM
Why to you guys latch onto this. Guys are skipping the offseason stuff league wide due to the labor issue. Thomas is actually one one guy on the team suited to be a 3-4 DE

DJ has no more place in a 3-4 than debbie reynolds.

Hercules Rockefeller
03-15-2010, 02:18 PM
No doubt. As good as the defense was for the first part of the season, it really wore down by the end of the season. Add in the fact that the Broncos couldn't score any points and well, you have a games like this.

A total lack of depth, which was never going to be built up in one offseason, will do that to you.

bronco militia
03-15-2010, 02:18 PM
Either DJ needs a couple of massive fatties in front of him or he better learn to take on a block here and there...

the same can be said for Ray Lewis or any other MLB out there.

gyldenlove
03-15-2010, 02:19 PM
I have to agree with Champ on this, it is too early for offseason workouts to begin, it is a solid 6 months until the first game.

I do know that the NFL has the most twisted view of what is voluntary in the world, but it is a lot to ask people to get in 6 months before the season starts.

Hercules Rockefeller
03-15-2010, 02:20 PM

He was though, he only played, what 4 or 5 games that year for Florida? He was clearly their best player on a beastly defense when he was eligible.

Moron no doubt, but the risk was worth it.

Rabb
03-15-2010, 02:38 PM
the same can be said for Ray Lewis or any other MLB out there.

absolutely right

that's why Ngata's big ass isn't going anywhere...Ray Ray needs that, anyone would in that position

Tombstone RJ
03-15-2010, 02:44 PM
absolutely right

that's why Ngata's big ass isn't going anywhere...Ray Ray needs that, anyone would in that position

That's also a reason why Cody will go top five in this draft. He's huge. If the Broncos could only take one defensive player in this entire draft, it would have to be Cody.

bombay
03-15-2010, 02:50 PM
I wonder if a really fat guy could skip all the way to the airport?

bombay
03-15-2010, 02:51 PM
That's also a reason why Cody will go top five in this draft. He's huge. If the Broncos could only take one defensive player in this entire draft, it would have to be Cody.

Well, they do need a quarterback.

I don't have to put a smiley, do I?

baja
03-15-2010, 03:14 PM

Can you say that here???

StugotsIII
03-15-2010, 03:22 PM
He was though, he only played, what 4 or 5 games that year for Florida? He was clearly their best player on a beastly defense when he was eligible.

Moron no doubt, but the risk was worth it.

...but...that's the issue...

He was never on the damned field.

Why?

Because he's an assh()le.

cmhargrove
03-15-2010, 03:29 PM

Are you seriously saying that you believe Cody will be a top 5 pick? Seriously?

Play2win
03-15-2010, 03:29 PM

Ha Ha! Great Movie :thumbsup:

Ratboy
03-15-2010, 03:33 PM

I see about 11 problems on that field just from that clip.

bendog
03-15-2010, 03:35 PM

try googling a little. they didn't "trade a high draft pick" (like tiny did for the short corner) they traded the back end of their draft to move up and take him in the FOURTH ROUND. Holy crap, you people..... errrrrrr

Popps
03-15-2010, 05:24 PM
Marcus Thomas don't need no stinking workouts.

He's Marcus Thomas, bitches.

TonyR
03-15-2010, 05:39 PM
Are you seriously saying that you believe Cody will be a top 5 pick? Seriously?

Top 5 of the second round maybe?

PRBronco
03-15-2010, 05:39 PM

Oh sweet Jesus that was reminiscent of 2008.

Just curious, is that Jarvis playing the OLB spot opposite Elvis? Can't see a number, looks too skinny to be any of the other guys.

theAPAOps5
03-15-2010, 05:45 PM

Hay OOOOOOH

http://www.hiyoooo.com/

Dedhed
03-15-2010, 05:45 PM

That's the absolute worst draft take I've heard, and I've heard Kiper say a few words before I could dive and rip the cable box off the wall.

Just terrible, I really am at a loss for words to describe how bad this post is. Seriously, it's awful. I mean, the God's honest truth, that is as bad as it could possibly get. I thought Dragster posted the dumbest stuff possible, but not even he could post something this bad. Really this sticks out as one of the worst picks in the history of the OM.

Cody in the top 5? Wow.

Florida_Bronco
03-15-2010, 05:47 PM
Oh sweet Jesus that was reminiscent of 2008.

Just curious, is that Jarvis playing the OLB spot opposite Elvis? Can't see a number, looks too skinny to be any of the other guys.

No, it's Haggan.

UberBroncoMan
03-15-2010, 05:50 PM

That video makes me love Brian Dawkins even more. Look at the old man almost catch ****ing mr track champion Charles.

theAPAOps5
03-15-2010, 05:54 PM
That video makes me love Brian Dawkins even more. Look at the old man almost catch ****ing mr track champion Charles.

Your comment reminded me of favorite quote last season, if not ever. Brian Dawkins told a reporter that if a play requires 4.3 speed he is going to run a 4.3 40. My Dawkins man crush skyrocketed after that.

baja
03-15-2010, 05:57 PM
Your comment reminded me of favorite quote last season, if not ever. Brian Dawkins told a reporter that if a play requires 4.3 speed he is going to run a 4.3 40. My Dawkins man crush skyrocketed after that.

That is a great quote.

Bigdawg26
03-15-2010, 06:26 PM
Yes it is, but who cares if Marcus Thomas doesn't show up to camp he's a back-up has even registered a sack yet. Here's a favorite quote of mine by Mike Shanny about Mike Bell a few years back "If he likes being employed then he will play that position!"

gyldenlove
03-15-2010, 06:54 PM
No, it's Haggan.

Yeah it is definitely a number ending in 7 meaning it is either:

Mitch Berger, Knowshon Moreno, Mario Haggan, Lekevin Smith or Brandon Gorin. By elimination it has to be Haggan.

SoCalBronco
03-15-2010, 06:57 PM
He doesn't have to be here to keep in shape. Ofcourse, I'd prefer it if he were here, but voluntary is voluntary. Hopefully Marcus stays in shape and stays out of trouble.

Cito Pelon
03-15-2010, 07:45 PM

I'm a little curious if the youngsters can match Dawkins. You don't find safeties like Dawkins often. You need them, but they're rare. Any potential Dawkins available in this draft?

gyldenlove
03-15-2010, 08:01 PM
I'm a little curious if the youngsters can match Dawkins. You don't find safeties like Dawkins often. You need them, but they're rare. Any potential Dawkins available in this draft?

Berry looks like an absolute stud, but there are very few in Dawkins class, so it is doubtful if any of this years crop can make it all the way, but there are some good players in the draft.