PDA

View Full Version : Drew Litton : Brady Quinn

Bronco Rob
03-15-2010, 04:57 AM

BroncoMan4ever
03-15-2010, 05:23 AM
that cartoon sucks because we traded away the guy who most fit that description before last season

SoDak Bronco
03-15-2010, 05:40 AM
weak sauce

bendog
03-15-2010, 06:48 AM
yeah, this is such an upgrade over cutler. Go tiny!!

McBadass
03-15-2010, 06:51 AM
Mentioning Cutler only in post number 4! Go you!

oubronco
03-15-2010, 07:00 AM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=26240&stc=1&d=1268650611

:spit:

supermanhr9
03-15-2010, 07:12 AM
dumb cartoon

ColoradoDarin
03-15-2010, 07:53 AM
that cartoon sucks because we traded away the guy who most fit that description before last season

I thought the same thing too. The horse should have been saying "Great we can trade him to the Bears for 2 1sts and a 3rd"

ColoradoDarin
03-15-2010, 07:54 AM

Actually he was mentioned in the 2nd post, just not by name. And you know why? Because he fits better. This 'cartoon' makes no sense.

Garcia Bronco
03-15-2010, 07:59 AM
Sometimes I find littons cartoons amusing, but most times he comes off like an asshole.

bronco militia
03-15-2010, 08:28 AM
from drew litton.com:

Wow! What a Sunday. Broncos and Brackets. Well, as you know by now The Broncos trade Peyton Hillis and a 2011 (6th round) and a 2012 (TBD). I personally like the deal ( you might not know it from the cartoon). I think Quinn has quite an upside. And for Peyton Hillis who wasn’t going to play anyway, it’s a low risk low cost deal.
But ya gotta tell me what you think? Place your vote in the poll below.

http://www.drewlitton.com/

bronco militia
03-15-2010, 08:32 AM
YI...drew just got a gig with ESPN.com...

his first toon was posted today:

http://espn.go.com/espn/commentary/

ColoradoDarin
03-15-2010, 08:33 AM
The sad thing is, you can say that about any QB in the NFL.

"Peyton Manning struggles under pressure and throws his linemen under the bus after the game. At times, throws wildly and can be mistake prone at the absolute worst time, like the final drive of the Superbowl"

Also you can say this about Litton,

"Drew Litton struggles under deadline pressure. At times his cartoons make no sense and can be bested by a monkey with a crayon."

bronco militia
03-15-2010, 08:35 AM
The sad thing is, you can say that about any QB in the NFL.

"Peyton Manning struggles under pressure and throws his linemen under the bus after the game. At times, throws wildly and can be mistake prone at the absolute worst time, like the final drive of the Superbowl"

Also you can say this about Litton,

"Drew Litton struggles under deadline pressure. At times his cartoons make no sense and can be bested by a monkey with a crayon."

drew decribed every broncos QB of the past 11 years.

bendog
03-15-2010, 08:51 AM

dude, try reading the thread. lol I responded to 4life, who probably doesn't remember a bronco qb who played before elway.

bendog
03-15-2010, 08:53 AM
Seriously do any of you people think brady quinn has upside or will go to a probowl ... well, he may because the probowl apparanlty doesn't include players from the superbow.

ps, to those of you who "don't get the cartoon" the point is this trade is more of the same old ****.

bronco militia
03-15-2010, 09:06 AM
Seriously do any of you people think brady quinn has upside or will go to a probowl ... well, he may because the probowl apparanlty doesn't include players from the superbow.

ps, to those of you who "don't get the cartoon" the point is this trade is more of the same old ****.

drews a MAC guy...**** him

Ha!

BroncoMan4ever
03-15-2010, 10:18 AM
dude, try reading the thread. lol I responded to 4life, who probably doesn't remember a bronco qb who played before elway.

what QB pre-Elway would you like to talk about with the guy who supposedly knows nothing pre-Elway?

Craig Morton? Charley Johnson? Steve Ramsey? Pete Liske? Marlin Briscoe? Steve Tensi? Frank Tripucka?

i may not have been born to see the QBs prior to Elway, but I know everything about the team and that includes players as well as coaches.

NFLBRONCO
03-15-2010, 10:25 AM
We better bolster OL and drft Spiller with Orton and Orton v 2.0 at QB

BroncoMan4ever
03-15-2010, 10:53 AM
We better bolster OL and drft Spiller with Orton and Orton v 2.0 at QB
if we draft RB in the 1st again, i say get some power and bring in Dwyer. i hate taking shifty speed backs early.

Garcia Bronco
03-15-2010, 11:20 AM

It really doesn't say that. It takes an opinion of Quinn and applies it to the whole organization over a long period of time. It's not even correct.

bendog
03-15-2010, 11:23 AM
yeah it does, garcia. The best den's had since Elway was Cutler, and even I admit the guy forced it in the redzone way too often (though his choice was really that or try the FG). Jake got to the AFC championship, which but for his choke job, den wins. There's no reason to think Quinn's an upgrade, and most likely he'll suck worse than orton.

Garcia Bronco
03-15-2010, 11:29 AM
yeah it does, garcia. The best den's had since Elway was Cutler, and even I admit the guy forced it in the redzone way too often (though his choice was really that or try the FG). Jake got to the AFC championship, which but for his choke job, den wins. There's no reason to think Quinn's an upgrade, and most likely he'll suck worse than orton.

I disagree with your first opinion. Plummer was a much better QB than Cutler. Obvioulsy he doesn't possess the same physical skills, but the wins don't lie. The day Cutler gets to 500 you'd have an argument, but it won't happen here. More to the point though, Quinn is just another guy with a shot at the job who has had crappy coaching. We got a first round talent for near nothing, but nobody is projecting him to start. He still has to beat out Orton, who is an above average QB.

bendog
03-15-2010, 11:37 AM
I disagree with your first opinion. Plummer was a much better QB than Cutler. Obvioulsy he doesn't possess the same physical skills, but the wins don't lie. The day Cutler gets to 500 you'd have an argument, but it won't happen here. More to the point though, Quinn is just another guy with a shot at the job who has had crappy coaching. We got a first round talent for near nothing, but nobody is projecting him to start. He still has to beat out Orton, who is an above average QB.

if Plummer was better than Lambchop, shanny would have kept him. Say what you will, Shanny coached two HOF qbs, and Plummer had more success with him that with anyone. Plummer was on the scrap heap when he got here.

But, the pt was that since Elway, the entire cast has been .... well, no championship.

If you've seen some upside in brandi, you're seeing something I'm not. Except, he's got a legit arm, and he didn't really cost anything. But so far, he's proven about 25 general managers and scouting depts correct. But this thread was about the cartoon, not a scouting report on quinn.

DHallblows
03-15-2010, 11:38 AM
I thought the same thing too. The horse should have been saying "Great we can trade him to the Bears for 2 1sts and a 3rd"

:spit: Much funnier! :thumbs:

While the original makes sense, it's not funny at all. Which is the point of a cartoon. I usually like his stuff, too...this one just sucks. Even his ESPN cartoon today was really good, this just doesn't fit in with his usual gold

chex
03-15-2010, 11:43 AM

Sensible post. Agree all around.