PDA

View Full Version : Orton not fretting Quinn trade

BigPlayShay
03-14-2010, 10:36 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/03/14/orton-not-fretting-quinn-trade

Talked to Broncos quarterback Kyle Orton earlier this evening. He’s out in Hawaii attending the NFL union meetings. Orton’s reaction to the Brady Quinn trade: "We’ve made a lot great moves this offseason and this is another one,’’ Orton said. "He’s a great player and I’ll be happy to work with him.’’

The other moves Orton referred to were mostly about the Broncos revamping their defensive line with the signings of Jamal Williams, Justin Bannan and Jarvis Green.

Orton said he had to talked to Broncos coach Josh McDaniels before the trade for Quinn was executed.

"I will keep that private but I do have total confidence that I’m the guy there,’’ Orton said. "Just like every year I’m going in to try and earn my starting job. I don’t think I have anything to fret.’’

Orton’s presence over there will make him absent here at 8 a.m. Monday for the first team meeting of the 2010 season. Orton said he will arrive at Dove Valley and begin his offseason conditioning program with the team Friday.

"My couple days I’m not there is certainly not a message I’m trying to send,’’ Orton said. "I’m out here trying to help the 53 players on the roster and the 1,900 players get ready for a lockout that the owners seem committed to.’’

Orton is the only one of the Broncos’ Big 5 restricted free agents _ the others are Elvis Dumervil, Brandon Marshall, Chris Kuper and Tony Scheffler _ who will attend the team’s voluntary offseason conditioning program this week. Many of the NFL’s restricted free agents will skip the voluntary session as a form of protest against their one-year tenders. In other years, fourth- and fifth-year players like the Broncos’ Big 5 would have become unrestricted free agents. Not in the uncapped year. Complete free-agent eligibility has been upped to six years of service.

"It’s an unfortunate situation that people have to handle individually. It’s a personal decision,’’ said Orton, a fifth-year player. "I see it as the clubs are using the rules in place to put the tenders on these guys. It’s also in the rules that players don’t have to show up for offseason workouts. I certainly support the other four guys 100 percent for not showing up. I also feel that as a quarterback, I owe it to my teammates to be there.’’

His newest teammate, and quarterback partner, is Quinn.

"Whether you trade for a guy, or draft a guy, or you sign a guy in free agency, all you ask for is a chance for competition," Orton said. "I’ve been in situations where that wasn’t the case and that’s the most frustrating deal. If you get beat out by a guy you can handle that. If you never have a chance to compete then that’s a whole different story."

----------------------------------------------------------
Orton may not be a world beater, but I absolutely love his attitude and work ethic.

ludo21
03-14-2010, 10:39 PM
Competition will be good for both of them. I like it a lot

Florida_Bronco
03-14-2010, 10:39 PM
Imagine that, someone who doesn't get all butthurt when trade rumors pop up, much less when it actually happens.

Shoemaker
03-14-2010, 10:41 PM
Imagine that, someone who doesn't get all butthurt when trade rumors pop up, much less when it actually happens.

Stories like this remind me of just how much I like Kyle Orton.

Say what you will about his talent, but the guy has been nothing but a hard worker, a good leader, and an all around class act on the field.

Fusionfrontman
03-14-2010, 10:53 PM
He is not even on the team officially right? And he is at camp for workouts. I love this guy and I'm pulling for him

Archer81
03-14-2010, 10:55 PM
This is not a new scenario for Orton. Happened a few times in Chicago.

:Broncos:

Kaylore
03-14-2010, 10:57 PM
He is not even on the team officially right? And he is at camp for workouts. I love this guy and I'm pulling for him

So far as we've heard he hasn't signed his tender, so yes, that makes him a stud. I also like that he's supporting the no-shows.

Borks147
03-14-2010, 11:10 PM
This is not a new scenario for Orton. Happened a few times in Chicago.

Yeah, the difference being it was never a competition in Chicago. Here, he is acting like a guy with a pair of stones and is ready for the competition.

lostknight
03-14-2010, 11:31 PM
I don't think there is a way Orton's at the OTA, except for Quinn's presence in camp. Pure and simple. Orton's too good of a union boy to do it otherwise.

Popps
03-14-2010, 11:50 PM
Orton just couldn't be any more likable. What an easy guy to root for.

That said, competiton is a great thing, and don't forget Brandstater.

UberBroncoMan
03-14-2010, 11:59 PM
Orton just couldn't be any more likable. What an easy guy to root for.

That said, competiton is a great thing, and don't forget Brandstater.

Yeah. Despite the talk with Orton and Quinn, I think Brandstater will end up being the QBOTF.

StugotsIII
03-15-2010, 12:02 AM
Orton should be nervous...McDaniels tried to bring in Quinn last year...he wants Quinn for a reason.

Anyone that think Branstater is the guy is nuts.

I'm interested to see what Quinn can do on a team with some weapons and an innovative offensive mind. Should be fun.

UberBroncoMan
03-15-2010, 12:09 AM
Orton should be nervous...McDaniels tried to bring in Quinn last year...he wants Quinn for a reason.

I'm interested to see what Quinn can do on a team with some weapons and an innovative offensive mind. Should be fun.

Iono... Brandstater is the typical New England build. Smart, tall, strong armed, slightly mobile QB.

ZONA
03-15-2010, 12:21 AM

Why would they be nuts? Dude has a cannon arm, tall and good NFL QB build, smart, mobile. Nobody thought he was going to come in and start last year. His rookie season and being a low pick. McD is just letting him learn. But he could make some moves in his 2nd year, only camp and preseason games will tell, if there is no lock out.

I'm curious, why do some people think Brandstater won't turn out to be a good QB? What have you seen that we haven't? He had some nice games in the preseason last year and that's about all anyone has seen of him so far.

Oh I get it, out of sight, out of mind. The fact he's so young and hasn't been on the field, people think automatically he must be no good and they judge him. LAME.

BroncoMan4ever
03-15-2010, 01:13 AM
Orton said he had to talked to Broncos coach Josh McDaniels before the trade for Quinn was executed.

"I will keep that private but I do have total confidence that Iím the guy there,íí Orton said. "Just like every year Iím going in to try and earn my starting job. I donít think I have anything to fret.íí

Ortonís presence over there will make him absent here at 8 a.m. Monday for the first team meeting of the 2010 season. Orton said he will arrive at Dove Valley and begin his offseason conditioning program with the team Friday.

"Itís an unfortunate situation that people have to handle individually. Itís a personal decision,íí said Orton, a fifth-year player. "I see it as the clubs are using the rules in place to put the tenders on these guys. Itís also in the rules that players donít have to show up for offseason workouts. I certainly support the other four guys 100 percent for not showing up. I also feel that as a quarterback, I owe it to my teammates to be there.íí

His newest teammate, and quarterback partner, is Quinn.

"Whether you trade for a guy, or draft a guy, or you sign a guy in free agency, all you ask for is a chance for competition," Orton said. "Iíve been in situations where that wasnít the case and thatís the most frustrating deal. If you get beat out by a guy you can handle that. If you never have a chance to compete then thatís a whole different story."

Quotes like these from Orton are why even while in Chicago I was a fan of this guy.

he doesn't care that the job isn't already guaranteed to be his, he is just happy that he has the chance to win the job.

i can't think of another QB in the league that would come to workouts in Kyle's situation just to support their team.

he may not have incredible athletic ability, but he is an awesome teammate, leader, class act, and if given a real shot with some protection behind the line, he would show he is a damn good QB.

BroncoMan4ever
03-15-2010, 01:22 AM
Why would they be nuts? Dude has a cannon arm, tall and good NFL QB build, smart, mobile. Nobody thought he was going to come in and start last year. His rookie season and being a low pick. McD is just letting him learn. But he could make some moves in his 2nd year, only camp and preseason games will tell, if there is no lock out.

I'm curious, why do some people think Brandstater won't turn out to be a good QB? What have you seen that we haven't? He had some nice games in the preseason last year and that's about all anyone has seen of him so far.

Oh I get it, out of sight, out of mind. The fact he's so young and hasn't been on the field, people think automatically he must be no good and they judge him. LAME.

my main concern regarding Brandstater is, he was very raw coming out of college, and when he came out of college he was already 25 or 26, just about the same age as our current starter who has 5 years in the league and just last season really elevated his game, and with the QB position it is said it takes at least 3 seasons for a guy to show if he is the guy you want leading your team or if you need to look elsewhere. by that thought process at best Brandstater is going to show how good he is at the age of 28 or 29

plus there is this aura already surrounding him by a good chunk of the posters on this board. he is already being talked about as the savior, the guy McDaniels is going to turn into the next Brady. it is similar to how Torain was overhyped a couple seasons ago, and with no real justification for the hype.

if he turns into an awesome QB i will gladly eat my crow about all the **** i have talked about the guy, but i wouldn't wager on him ever being more than a backup

Rohirrim
03-15-2010, 01:27 AM
Orton has nothing to worry about. He knows that Quinn sucks. I guess that would be literally and figuratively.

s0phr0syne
03-15-2010, 06:04 AM
my main concern regarding Brandstater is, he was very raw coming out of college, and when he came out of college he was already 25 or 26, just about the same age as our current starter who has 5 years in the league and just last season really elevated his game, and with the QB position it is said it takes at least 3 seasons for a guy to show if he is the guy you want leading your team or if you need to look elsewhere. by that thought process at best Brandstater is going to show how good he is at the age of 28 or 29

A lot of players come into the league with this situation. There simply isn't enough development for these QBs when they're coming from smaller programs sometimes, and there's a lot of untapped potential. While it's unfortunate that they will never have a chance at breaking some records because of an overall shorter career, they can still contribute a great deal. Tony Romo is a good example of that. After like 3 years in the league he finally got a chance and has been a solid, and sometimes spectacular starter (spectacularly bad sometimes, too.)

Yeah, I do understand that the odds are severely against him, but Brandstater is in a good position. He might be able to pull a Matt Moore, Tony Romo, whatever you want to call it--he's getting time to develop and not being rushed into anything. I think it's fair enough to believe that he MIGHT be an option down the road.

Meck77
03-15-2010, 07:27 AM
This is how men approach their job and work. Then there is jay cutler.

TailgateNut
03-15-2010, 07:29 AM

Maturity does help.

broncofan7
03-15-2010, 07:30 AM
I know a lot of good people....unfortunately, they don't have the necessary talent to be an above average QB in the NFL either..........

jhns
03-15-2010, 07:38 AM
I know a lot of good people....unfortunately, they don't have the necessary talent to be an above average QB in the NFL either..........

No joke. People don't even care about football anymore. They also seem to think these players are going to hang out with them or something. I'm not sure why Denver has turned into such a homo fan base. This is football and the fans talk about personality before talent all the time. Again, this is football. A sport that pays big dumb guys to run full speed into each other. This isn't some dating service. You guys have no shot with these players. Sorry to break it to ya.

Hartley
03-15-2010, 07:39 AM
Stories like this remind me of just how much I like Kyle Orton.

Say what you will about his talent, but the guy has been nothing but a hard worker, a good leader, and an all around class act on the field.

Even if Orton never takes another snap for us, i will never forget how much respect i had for him when he came back out on the field even with his ankle injury, when Simms went down against Washington.

I think i can speak for Bronco nation when i say we couldn't have been any happier to have Orton come back to be QB that day. Even though we lost, i think ill always remember how just how much heart Orton played with out there.

jhns
03-15-2010, 07:44 AM
You guys have no shot with these players. Sorry to break it to ya.

I didn't think that through and I will take it back. Our QB position does seem pretty gay now. We have pictures of Orton giving some dude head and Quinn tickling some guys balls.

go_broncos
03-15-2010, 07:53 AM
Mcd :
I am very good person with good attitude.I don't mind if you draft a QB in the first round as long as you pay me. I will panic when the rush comes.
But, remember..I am a good person with leadership skills.

One more thing, there is a forum called orangemane who loves good attitude people more than QB play.Please take me and make them feel happy.

TailgateNut
03-15-2010, 07:58 AM
Mcd :
I am very good person with good attitude.I don't mind if you draft a QB in the first round as long as you pay me. I will panic when the rush comes.

One more thing, there is a forum called orangemane who loves good attitude people more than QB play.Please take me and make them feel happy.

Drinking this early in the day is an indication of some serious problems.

StugotsIII
03-15-2010, 07:59 AM
Iono... Brandstater is the typical New England build. Smart, tall, strong armed, slightly mobile QB.

For every Tom Brady...there are 1000+ Brandstaters.

There is a reason McDaniels went out and got another QB...and it ain't to back up Brandstater.

broncofan7
03-15-2010, 08:12 AM
No joke. People don't even care about football anymore. They also seem to think these players are going to hang out with them or something. I'm not sure why Denver has turned into such a homo fan base. This is football and the fans talk about personality before talent all the time. Again, this is football. A sport that pays big dumb guys to run full speed into each other. This isn't some dating service. You guys have no shot with these players. Sorry to break it to ya.

:rofl:

Hilarious!

TailgateNut
03-15-2010, 08:15 AM
Look who's back from "exile".......and already playing footsies with his girlfriend!

Mr.Meanie
03-15-2010, 08:23 AM
I also feel that as a quarterback, I owe it to my teammates to be there.

How can you not like this guy? In an era where athletes place $ above the love of the game, that attitude is incredibly rare.

Mr.Meanie
03-15-2010, 08:29 AM
Mcd :

Orton is already an established starting multi-millionaire QB. You are most likely overweight and work in a dead-end job. Let's be real here.

BigPlayShay
03-15-2010, 08:46 AM

How do you suppose personality, attitude, and respect factored into Jeff George's career, or say Jamarcus Russell?

Cito Pelon
03-15-2010, 08:47 AM

No kidding, nice to see a man that's mentally tough, willing to buckle down and compete.

Also, I don't have a problem with some guys skipping the offseason workouts as a form of protest. It's legit in situations like the NFL is going through for people to show solidarity to their side of the disagreement.

baja
03-15-2010, 08:51 AM
:rofl:

Hilarious!

Bad news Dragster you are no longer the starting idiot anymore BF7 is back. You are a good back up though.

bendog
03-15-2010, 08:56 AM
Seriously, wouldn't you be more excited about this trade if you were (God forbid) and brownies fan? lol

Los Broncos
03-15-2010, 09:10 AM
Haha, look whos back.

bendog
03-15-2010, 09:18 AM
However, Quinn can throw an out. The rap's been that the corner can see it coming, but .... He can't move very much, but he's not totally immobile like Orton, and he can't throw back across his body deep ... but he's not totally devoid of talent. Maybe tiny can work with him. Still, if holmgren could go to a superbowl with Hasselback and actually could have won the game unless the zebras stepped in ......

Hamrob
03-15-2010, 09:54 AM
Very Classy. You have to root for a guy like that...

Dagmar
03-15-2010, 09:57 AM
Orton never really seems to fret over anything to be fair.

http://historyofsleep.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/mr-cool.jpg

oubronco
03-15-2010, 10:00 AM
look who's back from "exile".......and already playing footsies with his girlfriend!

lol rofl!

Rohirrim
03-15-2010, 10:04 AM
Look who's back from "exile".......and already playing footsies with his girlfriend!

Perfect timing. Talk about grabbing each other's junk. Ha!

TailgateNut
03-15-2010, 10:07 AM

It's like that "Dumb and Dumber" movie. It was barely ok to watch the first time, but a waste of time to watch a second time.

jhns
03-15-2010, 10:38 AM

See what I mean about you all turning gay? You care about personalities in football(lol, so sad) and now are thinking about dudes grabbing each others junk or playing footsie. You all need to go to a gay camp and turn yourselves straight. You are making the Broncos look bad.

Anyways, way to stay on topic homos.

Beantown Bronco
03-15-2010, 10:44 AM
See what I mean about you all turning gay? You care about personalities in football(lol, so sad) and now are thinking about dudes grabbing each others junk or playing footsie. You all need to go to a gay camp and turn yourselves straight. You are making the Broncos look bad.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0OnpkDWbeJs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0OnpkDWbeJs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

jhns
03-15-2010, 10:51 AM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0OnpkDWbeJs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0OnpkDWbeJs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I can't view flash right now. That is probably a good thing with how gay you all have turned. I don't need to see what the orange mane tailgates have turned into.

bendog
03-15-2010, 10:54 AM
Well, regardless, with Quinn around, neckbeard might cut down on his blackout drunks (-:

bowtown
03-15-2010, 10:58 AM

Way to be a homophobic closet case... suits you well.

Rabb
03-15-2010, 11:02 AM
fml, he's back

Rohirrim
03-15-2010, 11:05 AM

You seem to have issues with hostility and your sexuality. Perhaps a message board is not the best place to air them out?

jhns
03-15-2010, 11:06 AM
Way to be a homophobic closet case... suits you well.

God hates fags + you are a fag = God hates you.

oubronco
03-15-2010, 11:08 AM

Dude come on now

Mr.Meanie
03-15-2010, 11:08 AM
Jhns, you seem a little obsessed with that topic...

bendog
03-15-2010, 11:13 AM
This whole thing here has made me afraid to shower at the gym, so i skipped lunch.

Rabb
03-15-2010, 11:15 AM
can we stop quoting douche bags like bf7, jhns, etc?

seriously, just stop it

bowtown

I'm sorry, how is this okay?

jhns
Dude come on now

To far?

TailgateNut
03-15-2010, 11:18 AM
I'm sorry, how is this okay?

It's like the "if a tree falls in a forest...." thingy. 99% of the board has him on ignore, so the majority can't see his ignorant posts. Slander requires an audience.

Requiem
03-15-2010, 11:31 AM
I guess God doesn't like you either, JHNS.

Rabb
03-15-2010, 11:33 AM
if that doesn't earn a banning, I don't know what will honestly...that is a fairly blatant slur

bendog
03-15-2010, 11:34 AM
Prolly too far, jhns.

But seriously, havn't u guys noticed how hung the black guys at the gym are. Not that I want to touch them or anything, but it is just a little intimidating. You can't help but notice them.

jhns
03-15-2010, 11:35 AM
It's like the "if a tree falls in a forest...." thingy. 99% of the board has him on ignore, so the majority can't see his ignorant posts. Slander requires an audience.

LOL

Says the guy that constantly comments on what I am saying.

Anyways, you all are only proving me correct. Look at all the sensitivity here.

Archer81
03-15-2010, 11:42 AM
LOL

Says the guy that constantly comments on what I am saying.

Anyways, you all are only proving me correct. Look at all the sensitivity here.

I think you went a bit far with the "God hates fags" comment. Hardly adds anything to the discussion and paints you as a hypocrite to the point you were trying to make. I believe most of the posters on this board can consider themselves adults, and should be able to act like it. You dont have to agree with their takes about the attitude of players (which IS a large factor to the success of the player);but you do not have to resort to name calling. Showing a little maturity wont kill you.

Cito Pelon
03-15-2010, 11:46 AM
This whole thing here has made me afraid to shower at the gym, so i skipped lunch.

Oh boy, I'm gonna pass on this one.

jhns
03-15-2010, 11:49 AM
I think you went a bit far with the "God hates fags" comment. Hardly adds anything to the discussion and paints you as a hypocrite to the point you were trying to make. I believe most of the posters on this board can consider themselves adults, and should be able to act like it. You dont have to agree with their takes about the attitude of players (which IS a large factor to the success of the player);but you do not have to resort to name calling. Showing a little maturity wont kill you.

Sure, and sorry if it offends anyone. That exact line is played on the local radio morning show so it can't be that horrible.

As far as discussing football, I tried that here for years. I have only recently turned into exactly what all of you are. I talk football and see nothing but insults and crying. I do what you guys do to my posts and you all cry about that. If you wanted to talk football, why isn't that what you all did in the first place?

Also, I am not religious in any way and have nothing against homosexuality. It sure makes people uncomfortable and gets them worked up when you talk about it though. My problem there is I am not PC at all.

bendog
03-15-2010, 11:49 AM
Well have you SEEN THOSE THINGS? Like freaking predator dreads and damn bullsnake handing down! Spend 60 minutes lifting to get pumped and then see those guys ...

bendog
03-15-2010, 11:53 AM
Sure, and sorry if it offends anyone. That exact line is played on the local radio morning show so it can't be that horrible.

As far as discussing football, I tried that here for years. I have only recently turned into exactly what all of you are. I talk football and see nothing but insults and crying. I do what you guys do to my posts and you all cry about that. If you wanted to talk football, why isn't that what you all did in the first place?

whoa, seriously? I mean I don't see anything wrong with bagging on professional athletes and public figures (Bandi, "Father Damian, no, please not again .... it's Wrong ... oh, Father....YES!") But for a radio station to say that being gay's somehow not OK? I mean even if it's against your religion or something, people shouldn't bag on gays."

tsiguy96
03-15-2010, 11:54 AM
jhns can say whatever he wants about whoever, as long as its not in their birthday thread. everything else goes on this forum!

Cito Pelon
03-15-2010, 11:56 AM
Well have you SEEN THOSE THINGS? Like freaking predator dreads and damn bullsnake handing down! Spend 60 minutes lifting to get pumped and then see those guys ...

You've been locked up too long. OTOH . . . . . .

jhns
03-15-2010, 11:58 AM
whoa, seriously? I mean I don't see anything wrong with bagging on professional athletes and public figures (Bandi, "Father Damian, no, please not again .... it's Wrong ... oh, Father....YES!") But for a radio station to say that being gay's somehow not OK? I mean even if it's against your religion or something, people shouldn't bag on gays."

It is "shock radio" and they make fun of everything: race, religion, sexual preference, etc... The "Gof hates fags" line is a clip they have from the reverend Frankin(don't know if that is at all correct) who is the head of that Kansas church that protests soldier funerals. They say soldiers dying, and 9-11, is all punishment from god for the US accepting homosexuality. I personally do not like this guy and would love to see him go away. I even donated money to this biker club that protests his protests.

Requiem
03-15-2010, 12:00 PM
Everybody now say one mean comment to JHNS and we will move on.

bendog
03-15-2010, 12:04 PM
yeah, well for all you guys who might turn gay, I just think you oughta lift at the Y and take a shower. Size matters, and that'll cure ya. Those black guys aren't gay, that's for sure!

Pony Boy
03-15-2010, 12:04 PM
Wow..... this thread sucks....

oops, sorry does that sound too homophobic.....you guys play nice....no hair pulling

bendog
03-15-2010, 12:06 PM
I bet Clady can cure Quinn.

Archer81
03-15-2010, 12:09 PM
I bet Clady can cure Quinn.

Of what?

Mr.Meanie
03-15-2010, 12:13 PM
Bendog is scaring me

bendog
03-15-2010, 12:17 PM
well, if he wERE gay, I mean. Not that there's anythign wrong with it.

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/brady-quinn-gay-homosexual-websites-photo/1733

Seriously, all the gay stuff aside, the toughest qb I recall in the post Elway years is Garcia. I liked watching him play, but the concussions at the end were ugly.

jhns
03-15-2010, 12:31 PM
I was neg reping McRabb when it came to me. I will stop picking on gays as most gays probably aren't as feminine as this group is turning. I guess I will just laugh at you all for being women. The gay thing is just more fun since we now have two QBs that like rubbing/sucking random penis.

Dagmar
03-15-2010, 12:35 PM
KingNeckbeard on twitter.

Brady Quinn? Seriously?? Enjoy carrying my clipboard queerbot. Know how I know Brady Quinn is gay? Because my eyes work. Man that dude sucks

Cito Pelon
03-15-2010, 12:36 PM
jhns can say whatever he wants about whoever, as long as its not in their birthday thread. everything else goes on this forum!

Apparently so.

bendog
03-15-2010, 12:37 PM
I was neg reping McRabb when it came to me. I will stop picking on gays as most gays probably aren't as feminine as this group is turning. I guess I will just laugh at you all for being women. The gay thing is just more fun since we now have two QBs that like rubbing/sucking random penis.

If I were a woman, I'd cut my own dick off .... wait, that didn't come out right....

TailgateNut
03-15-2010, 12:37 PM
Apparently so.

It's due to the OM Retard handicap exclusion.

Cito Pelon
03-15-2010, 12:39 PM
KingNeckbeard on twitter.

Good one. :)

jhns
03-15-2010, 12:41 PM
If I were a woman, I'd cut my own dick off .... wait, that didn't come out right....

Ha ha, I hear Denver has some good doctors for that.

Cito Pelon
03-15-2010, 12:43 PM
I wouldn't touch any of you with a ten foot pole.

Man-Goblin
03-15-2010, 12:50 PM
well, if he wERE gay, I mean. Not that there's anythign wrong with it.

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/brady-quinn-gay-homosexual-websites-photo/1733

Seriously, all the gay stuff aside, the toughest qb I recall in the post Elway years is Garcia. I liked watching him play, but the concussions at the end were ugly.

Brady gets a bad rap.

I mean, who hasn't found themselves stranded at a ski lodge in the middle of the summer with 8 dudes in polo shirts of various colors.

So he grabbed a couple of cocks. What else was he going to do up there?

Dagmar
03-15-2010, 12:53 PM
I wouldn't touch any of you with a ten foot pole.

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/swyu8sw0sw358.gif

Taco John
03-15-2010, 01:40 PM

Enjoy your break.

Taco John
03-15-2010, 01:43 PM

I got one report on this while I was out to lunch.

It wasn't from you.

For some reason, some of you folks think that I have every thread pumped into my brain, and catch all this stuff in real time. Gues what? I don't.

Dagmar
03-15-2010, 01:46 PM
For some reason, some of you folks think that I have every thread pumped into my brain, and catch all this stuff in real time. Gues what? I don't.

Why not? You should!
Use this http://www.we-make-money-not-art.com/yyy/eeg-net2b.jpg as it is portable and you could be here 24/7!

I kid, please spare me...

baja
03-15-2010, 02:05 PM

TJ if you ever wonder why the on line numbers have fallen from 150+ to below 50 on average look no further than this guy and his band of merry men.

Taco John
03-15-2010, 02:09 PM
TJ if you ever wonder why the on line numbers have fallen from 150+ to below 50 on average look no further than this guy and his band of merry men.

I don't wonder why online numbers have fallen, because they haven't. They trend upwards each and every month regardless of what the anti-hype says. Your figures are WAY off.

bendog
03-15-2010, 02:14 PM
I dunno. Poor taste and all, but I find it amusing that Quinn has the gay rap. a. it shouldn't be a rap ... I mean who really cares (aside from the intimidating packages the black guys in the gym shower carrry) and he's not gay. that's really the punchline, imo.

jhns sort of got caught up on that. inappropriate. and people who are gay get hurt. but I think he was tryign to joke about the hole (-: hysteria.

Taco John
03-15-2010, 02:22 PM
I dunno. Poor taste and all, but I find it amusing that Quinn has the gay rap. a. it shouldn't be a rap ... I mean who really cares (aside from the intimidating packages the black guys in the gym shower carrry) and he's not gay. that's really the punchline, imo.

jhns sort of got caught up on that. inappropriate. and people who are gay get hurt. but I think he was tryign to joke about the hole (-: hysteria.

We shouldn't have to decipher which slurs are ok to use in which instances, and which slurs get a person a break. Especially if it's based on which slurs a local shock jock gets away with. I didn't get the "it's cool to use slurs that Howard Sterns approves of" memo, so maybe it's still in the mail.

We let people get away with a lot here, but we've got to draw lines somewhere.

Rabb
03-15-2010, 02:35 PM
aw he got banned before he could neg rep me...maybe when he gets back

until then doucher!

Cito Pelon
03-15-2010, 02:38 PM

It wasn't from you.

You're much fiestier after your "lunches" than I am after my "naps".

Taco John
03-15-2010, 02:45 PM
You're much fiestier after your "lunches" than I am after my "naps".

My lunch consisted of a P90X workout and a burrito. Plus, it's annoying to hear the same whiners whining all the time when they happen to be among one of the most complained about people on the site. So many folks here are ready to throw stones at the other guy without examining their own role - not to mention power they have to put people on ignore.

It never fails each week I get a PM or rep from somebody saying "you were right. I put person_xyz on ignore and my experience here went up 100%."

oubronco
03-15-2010, 02:50 PM
Brady gets a bad rap.

I mean, who hasn't found themselves stranded at a ski lodge in the middle of the summer with 8 dudes in polo shirts of various colors.

So he grabbed a couple of ****.s. What else was he going to do up there?

are you for real

oubronco
03-15-2010, 02:51 PM
Enjoy your break.

Thank you

Cito Pelon
03-15-2010, 02:54 PM
My lunch consisted of a P90X workout and a burrito. Plus, it's annoying to hear the same whiners whining all the time when they happen to be among one of the most complained about people on the site. So many folks here are ready to throw stones at the other guy without examining their own role - not to mention power they have to put people on ignore.

It never fails each week I get a PM or rep from somebody saying "you were right. I put person_xyz on ignore and my experience here went up 100%."

Yup. It's pretty silly to complain about a poster when the ignore feature is right there to exercise.

Rabb
03-15-2010, 02:58 PM

I am starting to see this light also TJ, ignore makes my experience a ton better

I need to get that firefox addition still to completely block people now (for quotes and such)

Dagmar
03-15-2010, 03:09 PM

Always with the digs.

Taco John
03-15-2010, 03:14 PM
Always with the digs.

I'm not talking about you... I don't get any complaints about you since you put Mock on ignore. But there are some folks on this site who complain to me a lot, who have a lot of people complaining to me about them.

Dagmar
03-15-2010, 03:16 PM
I'm not talking about you... I don't get any complaints about you since you put Mock on ignore.

Oh.

My bad.

I actually never put him on ignore. He's too entertaining and actually made an excellent post regarding the trade. Seriously!

Florida_Bronco
03-15-2010, 03:36 PM
We shouldn't have to decipher which slurs are ok to use in which instances, and which slurs get a person a break. Especially if it's based on which slurs a local shock jock gets away with. I didn't get the "it's cool to use slurs that Howard Sterns approves of" memo, so maybe it's still in the mail.

I agree. Glad to see you cracking down on that.

Cito Pelon
03-15-2010, 03:39 PM
I'm not talking about you... I don't get any complaints about you since you put Mock on ignore. But there are some folks on this site who complain to me a lot, who have a lot of people complaining to me about them.

The whine and cheesy crowd, yes, we hear a lot from them.

It's like that Tim Allen movie "Big Trouble".

The hit men are listening to the sportstalk and the radio host is saying, "Florida fans don't call in after they lose."

Then a guy calls in and says, "I'm a Florida fan calling in after we lost."

Then the the host says, "Florida fans don't call in after they lose."

Then the same guy calls in says, "I'm a Florida fan calling in!"

Then the host says, "Florida fans just don't call in after a loss."

And so on and so on. Reminds me of the Mane sometimes.

bendog
03-15-2010, 03:49 PM

I didn't say you were wrong. What I tried to say was that in "normal parlance" you are so gay, that was gay, whoa high fag factor .... are "ok." they aren't. But it's a fact that guys are a lot more ... wierd with this gay stuff than race stuff. We got it that that is wrong. But for some reason, gays scare us. Now don't get me started on those guys at the gym with the predator dreads and dicks like freaking black bull snakes hanging down ... just flapping ... with suds on em .....

gotta go now

Cito Pelon
03-15-2010, 04:17 PM
Good lord. When are they gonna let you out?

Blueflame
03-15-2010, 05:09 PM

It wasn't from you.

:) You were at lunch and I was outside putting new points, condenser, rotor, distributor cap, and spark plug wires in my son's '69 Impala...

Cito Pelon
03-15-2010, 05:11 PM
:) You were at lunch and I was outside putting new points, condenser, rotor, distributor cap, and spark plug wires in my son's '69 Impala...

Convert it to electronic ignition. What's the engine?

strafen
03-15-2010, 05:12 PM

That's my type of woman! ^5

Blueflame
03-15-2010, 05:14 PM
Convert it to electronic ignition. What's the engine?

It has a 350...

baja
03-15-2010, 05:14 PM

I knew you were a closet Chiefs fan....

baja
03-15-2010, 05:15 PM
that's my type of woman! ^5

run.... Flame.... Run

Blueflame
03-15-2010, 05:16 PM
I knew you were a closet Chiefs fan....

LOL Not. (although my '57 Chevy BelAir 4-door hardtop is red... )

baja
03-15-2010, 05:19 PM
LOL Not. (although my '57 Chevy BelAir 4-door hardtop is red... )

I HAD ONE OF THOSE, mine was blue and white. Sold it in 1975 and went to Europe for 6 months.

Turquoise and white actually...

Blueflame
03-15-2010, 05:25 PM
I HAD ONE OF THOSE, mine was blue and white. Sold it in 1975 and went to Europe for 6 months.

Turquoise and white actually...

I believe the "official" color was called "robin's egg blue". Mine was originally "Inca Silver" with a white top... but it had been painted over multiple times before I got it.

baja
03-15-2010, 05:31 PM
Mine was totally original only had like 60,000 miles on it. I saw it in a parking lot at Fort Carson and left a note on the windshield. The guy called (older man original owner) and sold it to me for $600. I loved that car but I bet I had to put 6 fuel pumps in it. They were always going out. You have that problem?

Blueflame
03-15-2010, 05:40 PM
Mine was totally original only had like 60,000 miles on it. I saw it in a parking lot at Fort Carson and left a note on the windshield. The guy called (older man original owner) and sold it to me for $600. I loved that car but I bet I had to put 6 fuel pumps in it. They were always going out. You have that problem?

Not as a chronic problem... I think the fuel pump has been replaced once. I used to have a 327 in it with a Muncie 4-speed and a Hurst shifter... now it's back to its original 283 with an automatic transmission.

baja
03-15-2010, 05:45 PM
Not as a chronic problem... I think the fuel pump has been replaced once. I used to have a 327 in it with a Muncie 4-speed and a Hurst shifter... now it's back to its original 283 with an automatic transmission.

I love that 283 but the fuel pump had one long bolt that went deep into the crank case and it had to be just right to get it back in, I remember what a B***** it was to get in.

baja
03-15-2010, 05:45 PM
I collected 1956 Ford trucks too.

Blueflame
03-15-2010, 05:54 PM
I love that 283 but the fuel pump had one long bolt that went deep into the crank case and it had to be just right to get it back in, I remember what a B***** it was to get in.

LOL Yep... it definitely is a p.i.t.a. to get that one bolt right. :~ohyah!:

Blueflame
03-15-2010, 05:55 PM
I collected 1956 Ford trucks too.

Very nice! :thumbsup:

Cito Pelon
03-15-2010, 06:37 PM
For motor heads, a trivia question:

Name the only manufacturer in the world that builds a straight-six engine.

baja
03-15-2010, 06:39 PM
B M W

Plymouth Valiant

Cito Pelon
03-15-2010, 07:03 PM
B M W

Plymouth Valiant

Trick question. Nobody builds a straight-six gasoline engine anymore.

BMW was the last to build a straight-six gasoline engine. That was in 2006 I believe.

I could be wrong, and I'm ready for crucifiction if I'm proved wrong.

Kaylore
03-15-2010, 07:14 PM
Enjoy your break.

Oh Snap! ROFL!