PDA

View Full Version : One thing is for sure - We are going to have a QB controversy

baja
03-14-2010, 11:20 PM
Poll coming

Dagmar
03-14-2010, 11:22 PM
Poll? Didn't montrose do this a few posts down?

TheDave
03-14-2010, 11:23 PM
Yep...

Los Broncos
03-14-2010, 11:24 PM
Orton will be the starter before it's all said and done.

SouthStndJunkie
03-15-2010, 12:26 AM
I love a good QB competition.

strafen
03-15-2010, 12:35 AM
Orton will be the starter before it's all said and done.Then, we will be screwed.
Another failed season looms in the horizon...

Play2win
03-15-2010, 01:54 AM
Its not a controversy, its a competition, and everybody gets better.

BroncoMan4ever
03-15-2010, 02:02 AM
I love a good QB competition.

i agree. technically both have a good grasp on the offense so the learning curve for Quinn isn't that big, it will just be terminology and the new wrinkles in the system McDaniels put in place that Weis hadn't used. so they will basically both be starting at equal footing.

worst case scenario with either guys losing the starting job, we have a decent backup for at least a season

BroncoMan4ever
03-15-2010, 02:04 AM
Then, we will be screwed.

that's it, i am done with dragster. i am joining the other 90% of the board that already has this dude on ignore, because his posts are just a waste of time to read

Florida_Bronco
03-15-2010, 02:17 AM
Then, we will be screwed.

Facepalm.

long beach bronco
03-15-2010, 05:17 AM
If Quinn grasps the offense, his mobility and escapability is what will win him the job. I love Orton, but the guy is a statue and that's a liability in this league.

DBroncos4life
03-15-2010, 05:27 AM
I voted yes, but I also think that McD wanted Quinn for the last two seasons for a reason. The thing is I don't see Orton going down without a fight. Orton can't do most of the off-season stuff till he signs the tender right? I understand that he will be here for the meetings but he couldn't do any of the drills right? If that is the case then Quinn is going to have a huge advantage getting in camp early and getting all the work and attention.

long beach bronco
03-15-2010, 05:29 AM
The return of naked bootleg? I think so.

Bronco Yoda
03-15-2010, 05:30 AM
competition is a good thing

tsiguy96
03-15-2010, 07:17 AM
i think orton should win the job for 2010 because hes been in the system and knows the other players well. the rest of this forum, however, is going to argue non stop til every last point has been discussed 10,000 times.

jhns
03-15-2010, 07:24 AM
Its not a controversy, its a competition

I agree with this line. I will also add that no matter which of these two are starting, we will still need a QB. I know people think a failed Browns QB and failed Bears QB are the future but I actually want to see the team compete for SBs.

BroncoMan4ever
03-15-2010, 07:24 AM
in regards to the Quinn factor. can anyone think of a highly drafted QB that never really got a true shot with the team that drafted him, only to sign elsewhere as a FA or get traded to another team. Has there ever been a QB in that situation who left the bad situation and then went on to become a really good QB for another team?

i'm sure there have been guys like that, but i can't think of any in recent times.

TheDave
03-15-2010, 07:26 AM
in regards to the Quinn factor. can anyone think of a highly drafted QB that never really got a true shot with the team that drafted him, only to sign elsewhere as a FA or get traded to another team. Has there ever been a QB in that situation who left the bad situation and then went on to become a really good QB for another team?

i'm sure there have been guys like that, but i can't think of any in recent times.

Brett Favre and Atlanta... Maybe Brees in San Diego

Those are the only success stories that I can think of.

DBroncos4life
03-15-2010, 07:29 AM
i think orton should win the job for 2010 because hes been in the system and knows the other players well. the rest of this forum, however, is going to argue non stop til every last point has been discussed 10,000 times.

This system isn't much different then the one that helped Quinn become a first round draft pick. Like I said before it shouldn't get Quinn long to get the terminology down. The longer Orton is out because he doesn't want to sign the tender the more reps Quinn gets in our system. It's really a win win for us regardless.

BroncoMan4ever
03-15-2010, 07:30 AM
If Quinn grasps the offense, his mobility and escapability is what will win him the job. I love Orton, but the guy is a statue and that's a liability in this league.

Tell that to Peyton Manning.

that guy is the ****ing statue of liberty behind that line, and he is undoubtedly the best in the game.

a large majority of Broncos fans place entirely too much emphasis on mobility and whether or not a guy can rifle a ball through a wall, that they overlook the more important qualities. study habits, Orton was one of the 1st guys in the building and the last to leave everyday working on breaking down his opponents, leadership ability, ability to win games, the ability to get your teammates to give that last bit of strength they have in them, intelligence, and the ability to limit the amount of bad situations you put your team in. these are qualities Orton has in abundance.

i still say, if our line can give him 4-6 seconds on every pass play to go through his reads and pick a target he will be a top 10 QB in this league.

DBroncos4life
03-15-2010, 07:32 AM

Matt Schaub with the Falcons. I consider a third rounder a high pick.

BroncoMan4ever
03-15-2010, 07:33 AM

i thought about Brees, but basically up until his shoulder injury where a lot of people and doctors doubted he would ever play again, he was keeping Rivers on the sidelines. it was a situation like the McNabb and Kolb situation in Phily, the QBOTF was drafted, but the predecessor wasn't giving his job up.

but nice catch with the Favre comparison. completely forgot about him playing in Atlanta.

BroncoMan4ever
03-15-2010, 07:37 AM
Matt Schaub with the Falcons. I consider a third rounder a high pick.

Schaub is an interesting thought, but was he actually drafted with the intentions of becoming a starter in Atlanta?

tsiguy96
03-15-2010, 07:40 AM
This system isn't much different then the one that helped Quinn become a first round draft pick. Like I said before it shouldn't get Quinn long to get the terminology down. The longer Orton is out because he doesn't want to sign the tender the more reps Quinn gets in our system. It's really a win win for us regardless.

hey i agree, after thinking about the move and seeing how little compensation we gave up i love the move. good backup at worst. i liked hillis and hoped he would have a role here, but it wasnt meant to be.

orton will be back this week for voluntary conditioning, read his interview.

Archer81
03-15-2010, 07:43 AM

Steve Young in Tampa Bay to SF or Jaked Delhomme in New Orleans to CAR.

:Broncos:

DBroncos4life
03-15-2010, 07:44 AM
Schaub is an interesting thought, but was he actually drafted with the intentions of becoming a starter in Atlanta?

In your original question you said never really given a true shot with the team that drafted him. Well they had Vick as the starter and he signed a 100 million dollar contract I believe around the time they drafted Schaub. With Vick there he was never given a legit shot of being the starter even though when he played whenever Vick missed time he out played Vick.

I'm not sure why they drafted Schaub though. Clearly it wasn't to be a starter.

DBroncos4life
03-15-2010, 07:46 AM
hey i agree, after thinking about the move and seeing how little compensation we gave up i love the move. good backup at worst. i liked hillis and hoped he would have a role here, but it wasnt meant to be.

I know that he will be back for that but just like rookies he won't be able to go further without being under contract. He will be limited on what he can do till he signs the tender.

DBroncos4life
03-15-2010, 07:47 AM
Steve Young in Tampa Bay to SF or Jaked Delhomme in New Orleans to CAR.

:Broncos:

You can add Matt Hasselbeck to that list too.

BroncoMan4ever
03-15-2010, 07:49 AM

isn't the way the tender works for RFA is until he signs the tender he can do whatever he wants, except for participating in mandatory team activities?

BroncoMan4ever
03-15-2010, 07:50 AM
In your original question you said never really given a true shot with the team that drafted him. Well they had Vick as the starter and he signed a 100 million dollar contract I believe around the time they drafted Schaub. With Vick there he was never given a legit shot of being the starter even though when he played whenever Vick missed time he out played Vick.

I'm not sure why they drafted Schaub though. Clearly it wasn't to be a starter.

true, and good point that i left the question open ended.

Schaub being drafted was weird like the Packers drafting Brohm in the 2nd and then later that same draft geting Flynn.

DBroncos4life
03-15-2010, 07:53 AM
isn't the way the tender works for RFA is until he signs the tender he can do whatever he wants, except for participating in mandatory team activities?

I assume it works like what the rookies can do. There are things the can do but till they sign a contract they are limited in what they can and can't do.

TheDave
03-15-2010, 07:56 AM
You can add Matt Hasselbeck to that list too.

and Jim Plunket...

tsiguy96
03-15-2010, 07:59 AM

not sure if the team will let him in without signing the tender, but i think orton knows he needs to fight for his job, even though mcdaniels told him he is the starter this year.

Beantown Bronco
03-15-2010, 08:03 AM

Technically, John Elway fits this description. :)

McBadass
03-15-2010, 08:04 AM
Around here? Everything seems to be a bone of contention around here.

DBroncos4life
03-15-2010, 08:04 AM
and Jim Plunket...

Sometimes it's about finding the system that is best for the QB. High draft pick aside look how long it took Warner to become a star. Sure he wasn't drafted but once he got in the right system things took off from there. Then there is Elway. Thank god he got out of Baltimore before they could do any damage to him. ;)

baja
03-15-2010, 08:05 AM
that's it, i am done with dragster. i am joining the other 90% of the board that already has this dude on ignore, because his posts are just a waste of time to read

Well drag it looks like I'm the only left that doesn't have you on ignore so you might as well just PM me your thoughts and refrain from posting.

McBadass
03-15-2010, 08:07 AM
How about Trent Dilfer? Drafted by Tampa. Terrible. Ended up with Balto and a SB champ...

crowebomber
03-15-2010, 08:13 AM
How is this any different than last year with Orton and Simms? At that time, going in to camp, Orton was named the starter, but it was his to lose, and Simms was given the chance to compete and push for the starting job. Same thing this year.

baja
03-15-2010, 08:17 AM

Jim Plunkett

Steve Young

Bret Farve

bronco militia
03-15-2010, 08:39 AM
the OrangeMane....WE KNOW QB'S

Paladin
03-15-2010, 08:44 AM
This message is hidden because dragster69 is on your ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?do=ignorelist).

Because it is so right........

strafen
03-15-2010, 09:06 AM
This message is hidden because dragster69 is on your ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?do=ignorelist).

Because it is so right........

I've seen a lot of posters here obsessed with me, going out of their way to show up on my radar screen, but you take the cake.
I'm starting to get concerned about yet another poster stalking me now :thumbsup:

So, how many posters do you have on your "ignore list"?
I think you've started to reveal yourself as an idiot around here.
You're trying hard to slander me, yet, you're the one whose credibility and maturity is now in question...

BTW, how many times can you have me on your ignore list?
What good does it do if you read my posts anyway?
I'll be really surprised if I was really on your "ignore list."
Grow up a pair and show you can deal with people on the internet.
Don't let them get to you, that's just a sign of how weak you really are...

TailgateNut
03-15-2010, 09:14 AM
Well drag it looks like I'm the only left that doesn't have you on ignore so you might as well just PM me your thoughts and refrain from posting.

LOL Thanks for the offer. He's as much of a waste of space on the OM as Simms is on the Bronco team!

strafen
03-15-2010, 09:27 AM
LOL Thanks for the offer. He's as much of a waste of space on the OM as Simms is on the Bronco team!Good thing somebody quoted you baja, I do have you on my ignore list

Tailgaynut is another one who has been impacted by me.
They can't handle the truth.
They love McDaniels so much, anybody who dares to criticize him is automatic an idiot.

What do I really care what some idiots on a football forum has to say about me?

Come on guys. Anybody from a dog poop cleaner all the way to a CEO of a company can post here.
I have been a member of several board/forums that are more exclusive that a football forum.
For example, without being too specific, I belong to several car-related BB's, and the BB is specific to a brand of car, yet, all the people who post there are knowledgeable about cars of that specific brand. Not any douche bag can go in there talking crap out of their asses without having first-hand experience with said x-brand of cars
Totally diffrent than here where any moron with a computer can pass up as a football expert.

Give me a freakin' break. I'm going to get mad because the guy working at the McDonalds drive-thru window is insulting me on the internet?
Now, that's just too funny..

Just by the way I've easily gotten under people's skin around here, that just confirms these are not the people I would want to be friend with anyway.
My circle of friends not only are they more respectful, but a lot tougher than you silly idiots...

baja
03-15-2010, 09:43 AM
Good thing somebody quoted you baja, I do have you on my ignore list

They love McDaniels so much, anybody who dares to criticize him is automatic an idiot.

Come on guys. Anybody from a dog poop cleaner all the way to a CEO of a company can post here.
I have been a member of several board/forums that are more exclusive that a football forum.
For example, without being too specific, I belong to several car-related BB's, and the BB is specific to a brand of car, yet, all the people who post there are knowledgeable about cars of that specific brand. Not any douche bag can go in there talking crap out of their asses without having first-hand experience with said x-brand of cars
Totally diffrent than here where any moron with a computer can pass up as a football expert.

Give me a freakin' break. I'm going to get mad because the guy working at the McDonalds drive-thru window is insulting me on the internet?

Just by the way I've easily gotten under people's skin around here, that just confirms these are not the people I would want to be friend with anyway.
My circle of friends not only are they more respectful, but a lot tougher than you silly idiots...

IGNORE!!! Why I am your only friend here silly

TheDave
03-15-2010, 09:50 AM
When people put someone on Iggy, it would be really great if they actually ignored the person.

Not that it isn't incredibly new and exciting to read

"This message is hidden because MysteryPoster#46 is on your ignore list."

multiple times on every thread...

TailgateNut
03-15-2010, 09:50 AM
Good thing somebody quoted you baja, I do have you on my ignore list

GreaseMonkeys United.com?

TheDave
03-15-2010, 09:51 AM
When people put someone on Iggy, it would be really great if they actually ignored the person.

multiple times on every thread...

and before anyone does it...

This message is hidden because TheDave is on your ignore list."

McBadass
03-15-2010, 09:58 AM
Alright, which five of you assholes voted the last option?

Internetz is serius biznes!1!

strafen
03-15-2010, 10:06 AM

multiple times on every thread...Thank you.
It's stupid how after I put people on ignore and let them know, that they still follow me around like a little dog, showing up on my radar view as to say, "hey, look, I'm here"
When you put someone on ignore, that's permanent.
People dion't need to act like morons and let the world know X person is on their ignore list every time they post.
The ones I've got on my ignore list are there for a reason. They ain't coing off.
The funny thing is that the same people who claim to have me on their ignore list, really don't have me, or go out of their way not only to read what I say, but to reply. That's too much ROFL!

So...

This message is NOT hidden because TheDave is one of the most decent posters in the Mane

TailgateNut
03-15-2010, 10:15 AM
Thank you.
It's stupid how after I put people on ignore and let them know, that they still follow me around like a little dog, showing up on my radar view as to say, "hey, look, I'm here"
When you put someone on ignore, that's permanent.
People dion't need to act like morons and let the world know X person is on their ignore list every time they post.
The ones I've got on my ignore list are there for a reason. They ain't coing off.
The funny thing is that the same people who claim to have me on their ignore list, really don't have me, or go out of their way not only to read what I say, but to reply. That's too much ROFL!

So...

This message is NOT hidden because TheDave is one of the most decent posters in the Mane

How sweet!;D

Are you going to allow TheDave to play with your "hot wheels"?

azbroncfan
03-15-2010, 10:17 AM
TrINT Green off the top of my head. Warner in NY too.

Dagmar
03-15-2010, 10:20 AM
and before anyone does it...

This message is hidden because TheDave is on your ignore list."

If we ignored you we wouldn't see the awesome avy!

Nick Nolte, you so crazy.