PDA

View Full Version : Espn orangemane bracket challenge

PaintballCLE
03-14-2010, 09:46 PM
I know every year we have problems getting into the other one, especially for new players.

So i created this group on espn.

This way everyone can play, if you are in the other one too, just copy and paste your brackets in this one.

Get in the action now:
http://games.espn.go.com/tcmen/en/group?groupID=49294

Group: ORANGEMANE
Password: manersrule

PS you can have up to 3 brackets!

PaintballCLE
03-15-2010, 08:44 PM
WTF? i know you guys hate espn and all, but what would be sweeter than taking a million dolalrs from them\? lol

That One Guy
03-15-2010, 08:52 PM
I hadn't even noticed this thread. I'm in. Are you going to mail out the million or do we have to refer a friend or something first?

Either way, how soon can I expect the check? Could definitely use a cool mil. Oh, and is there a problem with you paying the taxes first? Don't really want to do that myself.

That One Guy
03-15-2010, 09:10 PM
I wont tell all my secrets but UK wins the national championship. Awesome.

PaintballCLE
03-16-2010, 09:31 AM
I hadn't even noticed this thread. I'm in. Are you going to mail out the million or do we have to refer a friend or something first?

Either way, how soon can I expect the check? Could definitely use a cool mil. Oh, and is there a problem with you paying the taxes first? Don't really want to do that myself.

lol hey now, you only win the million if you get a perfect bracket.....not for winning the league!

That One Guy
03-16-2010, 02:39 PM
Yeah... that sounds pretty difficult and i don't know basketball that well. I'd rather you just send me a check. thanks, i promise to spend it wisely

gunns
03-16-2010, 06:07 PM
Yeah... that sounds pretty difficult and i don't know basketball that well. I'd rather you just send me a check. thanks, i promise to spend it wisely

I don't either, but Kentucky???

That One Guy
03-16-2010, 07:42 PM
Hey... I live in Kentucky so I'm brainwashed. Louisville is only 2nd in the nation to UK. And, to be quite serious here, Wall can take the whole other team to school when he chooses. If Cousins would get it going again, they really could do damage. And I watched the Syracuse game at Louisville and definitely was not impressed. Duke is the other #1 and that's gotta be the joke of the century, right? A team full of white guys the #1 seed in college basketball? Hahahaha... Good one!

That leaves it coming down to Kentucky and one of the Kansas teams. And when it comes to that, I'll cheer super hard from my couch to ensure a win. And a perfect bracket. And a million bucks from McBleed.

Game. Set. Match.

That One Guy
03-16-2010, 11:31 PM
I just noticed that I went 1 & 2 heavy... gotta go make me a bracket with more underdogs. Here is some info I found on Covers (Gambling site) that I thought was pretty useful.

1st round rules:
Pick no more than two seeds worse than #12.
#16 seeds are 0 for 100 in the modern era (since 1985).
#15 seeds are 4 for 100.
#13 and #14 seeds combined win only 18% of first round games.

Don't be shy about picking upsets with #12 through #9 seeds. Give special consideration to picking #12 seeds: they have won 16 of 36 matchups vs. #5 seeds the last nine years. At least one #12 has won 19 of 21 years. 3 of 4 won last year.

#9 seeds have won over half their games (54%) vs. #8 seeds.

2nd round rules:
Advance #1 seeds almost automatically into the 3rd round. #1 seeds win their first two games 88% of the time.

Keep advancing the #12 and #10 seeds you picked to win in Round One. These teams win about half the time in Round Two. A double digit seed has made the Sweet Sixteen 23 of 25 years. Only once in 25 years has all the top three seeds (#1, #2, #3) made the Sweet Sixteen.

Seeds worse than #12 DO NOT win in the 2nd round. Only 6 of 400 teams that have advanced past Round 2 were seeded worse than #12.

Sweet 16 round rules:
Advance exactly three #1 seeds into the Elite 8. There's no reason to buck the math: 73% of #1 seeds advance into the 4th round (that's a higher percentage than #5 seeds who win a single game)!

Advance no team worse than a #11 seed into the Elite 8 (23 have made it to the Sweet 16, but only 1 has ever advanced).

Elite Eight round rules:
Advance exactly ONE or TWO #1 seeds to the Final Four. Amazingly, the Final Four has included exactly one or two #1 seeds 20 of the last 25 years.

Advance no team worse than a #8 seed to the Final Four. Only 2 of 100 Final Four teams have been seeded worse than #8.

Final Four round rules:
Advance NO team worse than a 6th seed to the Championship game. Not a single one has made it in the last 24 years.

Championship game rules:
Pick a #4 seed or better to win it all. For 21 straight years the champion has been a #4 seed or better!

PaintballCLE
03-18-2010, 09:16 AM
last chance............ good luck!

That One Guy
03-18-2010, 09:42 AM
I tried making my 2nd bracket but it doesn't look like it associated it with the group. Any ideas?

EDIT: Finally got it. You always figure it out after you ask for help.

Rock Chalk
03-18-2010, 10:38 AM
i wont tell all my secrets but uk wins the national championship. Awesome.

gtfo

Rock Chalk
03-18-2010, 10:40 AM
IN the 65 team era only twice has a team seeded lower than 4th won the whole thing. NV State as an 8 seed over Georgetown and Kansas as a 6th seed over Oklahoma.

Both were in the very early years of the 64 team tourney.

That One Guy
03-18-2010, 01:02 PM
Looks like Nova's gonna pull the upset and win their game. That's playing with fire.

That One Guy
03-18-2010, 01:08 PM
gtfo

It could happen. Just need Lehigh to take care of business this evening. :clown:

gunns
03-18-2010, 09:18 PM
Georgetown, ouch, that hurt.

PaintballCLE
03-18-2010, 09:35 PM
Georgetown, ouch, that hurt.

yeah there goes the million dollars for everyone LOL

DBroncos4life
03-18-2010, 09:50 PM
I feel like my bracket got shot in the face with a beam riffle.

That One Guy
03-18-2010, 09:57 PM
yeah there goes the million dollars for everyone LOL

Alright... we can all compromise... since we didn't get a perfect bracket, how about anyone that gets more right than wrong gets a smaller prize? I'll settle for something small like 10k.

You rock McBleed. You're the best game host ever. PM our address for the checks now or once the competition ends?

PaintballCLE
03-18-2010, 11:42 PM
Alright... we can all compromise... since we didn't get a perfect bracket, how about anyone that gets more right than wrong gets a smaller prize? I'll settle for something small like 10k.

You rock McBleed. You're the best game host ever. PM our address for the checks now or once the competition ends?

yes, i got an email today from a long lost friend in nigeria that will put the money right in your account!

Rock Chalk
03-19-2010, 07:06 AM
Big East had a rough first day.

#3 Georgetown lost to #14 Ohio
#6 Notre Dame lost to #11 Old Dominion
#2 Villanova escapes #15 Robert Morris (though, the refs clearly screwed Robert Morris down the stretch of regulation)
#6 Marquette lost to #11 Washington (Losing to a Pac 10 team should be punishment enough, but really, Marquette, I thought you were better than that)

Overall, this might be teh single greatest tournament start ever. Can anyone remember a better start? Multiple overtime games and buzzer beaters and upsets. You cannot ask for a better way to kick off festivities. Now, if the rest of Big Least loses today I will be happy.

gunns
03-19-2010, 08:47 AM

#2 Villanova escapes #15 Robert Morris (though, the refs clearly screwed Robert Morris down the stretch of regulation)
#6 Marquette lost to #11 Washington (Losing to a Pac 10 team should be punishment enough, but really, Marquette, I thought you were better than that)

Overall, this might be teh single greatest tournament start ever. Can anyone remember a better start? Multiple overtime games and buzzer beaters and upsets. You cannot ask for a better way to kick off festivities. Now, if the rest of Big Least loses today I will be happy.

Yep, unfortunately I thought both Georgetown and Marquette were better than that.

ColoradoBuff
03-19-2010, 10:34 AM
freakin Hoyas!

That One Guy
03-20-2010, 12:27 AM
So who falls tomorrow as there will always be upsets?

I think the easiest is Washington winning over NM. Quite hillarious that betting has Washington as the favs. Shows how screwy the seeding is.

Everyone's singing how St Mary's can pull the upset. I don't like to ride the wagon with everyone else but if Nova doesn't pick it up (which I think they finally will) then St Mary's could easily finish what Bob Morris started.

And since my Cards got sent home tonight, UK in a bloodbath. Wake Forest is gonna get beat down, handily. Bring it home, Wall. Pick up your game, Cousins. Patterson.. take care of business. And Bledsoe, keep up those 3 balls!

That One Guy
03-20-2010, 10:07 AM
Now seeing it spoken of that BYU may upset Kstate. I don't know about that... could be a good game though. BYU can definitely score points.

That One Guy
03-20-2010, 01:29 PM
Well, Nova's joining us on the couch for the rest of the tournament. Can't help but wonder if the refs/NCAA wanted a cinderella story to happen here. Announcers came out of the gates talking about how great Samhan was and he was definitely not being held to the same contact standards. Any contact while he was shooting was a foul whereas he was throwing elbows, shoulders, and traveling all game long.

worm
03-20-2010, 01:42 PM
Well, Nova's joining us on the couch for the rest of the tournament. Can't help but wonder if the refs/NCAA wanted a cinderella story to happen here. Announcers came out of the gates talking about how great Samhan was and he was definitely not being held to the same contact standards. Any contact while he was shooting was a foul whereas he was throwing elbows, shoulders, and traveling all game long.

Yes! Lets take away from St Marys accomplishment by talking about the refs.

Here is another one for you to cry foul at. I fully expect the Zags to have a good showing against the Orangemen. This team is battle-tested, can shoot the lights out and has beaten the aforementioned very good St Marys squad two time this year.

I pick Syracuse as the first #1 to go down.

The top of the WCC can hang with anyone.

That One Guy
03-20-2010, 04:40 PM
Yes! Lets take away from St Marys accomplishment by talking about the refs.

Here is another one for you to cry foul at. I fully expect the Zags to have a good showing against the Orangemen. This team is battle-tested, can shoot the lights out and has beaten the aforementioned very good St Marys squad two time this year.

I pick Syracuse as the first #1 to go down.

The top of the WCC can hang with anyone.

Teams pulling upsets so far have been those that can shoot the three so it could be possible.

And St Mary's shot well to win it in the end but there's no doubt the NCAA needs a few Cinderalla stories every year. I thought Nova was overhyped and Scottie Reynolds left a pile in the bed so they weren't going anywhere anyhow but a simple fair game isn't too much to ask for. Some of those calls today were as out of left field as the tuck rule the first time it was called.

That One Guy
03-20-2010, 04:57 PM
Anyone got room on their couch for a dozen young men from Kansas?

Bahahahahaha... Go UNI! Hold on!

Doggcow
03-20-2010, 05:38 PM

Losing to a PAC-10 team should be punishment enough...?

Really? Huskies kicking the **** out of a 3 seed, and you guys losing to UNI. I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT CONFERENCE THEY ARE IN LOL.

That One Guy
03-20-2010, 05:42 PM
Losing to a PAC-10 team should be punishment enough...?

Really? Huskies kicking the **** out of a 3 seed, and you guys losing to UNI. I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT CONFERENCE THEY ARE IN LOL.

Haha... We in KY lost Murray State today and U of L yesterday... but nothing competes with KU losing to UNI... LOL

And F Cal... F the Pac 10...

That One Guy
03-20-2010, 05:45 PM
Dangit... I post that when they're down 7 or 8 with a minute left and I flip it back on (freakin' wife took the TV while I was outside) to see they're down 1...

UNI better not make me look like an ass here.

Doggcow
03-20-2010, 05:52 PM
BAHAHAHAHHAHAA, that's embarassing.

That One Guy
03-20-2010, 05:54 PM
Wooohoooo... good job you cornbread hicks... and the Arab sounding fella'.

Quite honestly... truly a heartbreaking loss for KU folks. I'll never understand how these kids can come out with such low motivation. We've seen it across the board this tourny, the underdogs come out so much more aggressive than the favs. Just because you're favored doesn't mean you will win. Get some fire in your belly.

ColoradoBuff
03-20-2010, 05:55 PM
*thud*

BroncoBuff
03-20-2010, 06:11 PM
I don't know what rocket scientists seeded these brackets, but #11 UW just murdered #3 UNM as if they were a high school team.

ColoradoBuff
03-20-2010, 06:21 PM
I don't know what rocket scientists seeded these brackets, but #11 UW just murdered #3 UNM as if they were a high school team.

I agree Buff.....the seeding this year is whacked! I don't get it!

BroncoBuff
03-20-2010, 06:24 PM
I think the easiest is Washington winning over NM. Quite hillarious that betting has Washington as the favs. Shows how screwy the seeding is.

Thank you ... :thanku:

Huskies ran up a 20 point lead right outta the chute, and spent the last 3/4 of the game nursing it. They couldda won by 30 or more had they wanted.

People forget, but I think the Huskies have been Sweet 16 two years straight.

BroncoBuff
03-20-2010, 06:26 PM
I agree Buff.....the seeding this year is whacked! I don't get it!

Apparently one of the 1 seeds was seriously overrated, too ;D

Doggcow
03-20-2010, 06:27 PM
Wow, BYU rocking K-State out the gate!

gunns
03-20-2010, 06:32 PM
This is the worst brackets I've ever had. I would have been thrilled to lose the BYU pick, but no they keep winning and the others keep on losing. I can't keep rooting for BYU. I feel cheap and dirty.

PaintballCLE
03-20-2010, 08:37 PM
well this opened the door for my buckeyes the 1 and 3 are already gone.........now watch them lose tomorrow!

That One Guy
03-20-2010, 08:50 PM
gtfo

Says the North Iowa basketball team to the Jayhawks

UK by 29 on Thursday and 30 today :thanku:

worm
03-20-2010, 10:53 PM
Well I was wrong about the Orangemen being the first #1 to go down. Still think they have a good chance of following KU out the door.

It wouldn't shock me if all four #1s didn't make the final four.

PaintballCLE
03-20-2010, 11:03 PM
Well I was wrong about the Orangemen being the first #1 to go down. Still think they have a good chance of following KU out the door.

It wouldn't shock me if all four #1s didn't make the final four.

yep, last year forr the first time it was all 1's this year for the first time it will be no 1's

gunns
03-21-2010, 01:13 AM
Geez, don't let Duke stay up there. Please.

That One Guy
03-21-2010, 06:38 PM
I heard people talking about how easy Duke would have it but now that I've watched some, they're gonna skate.

Anyone got a good read on the Baylor team? Not sure I've watched them play at all and don't really know what to expect up against St Mary's but it's time for a sweet 16 bracket.

That One Guy
03-26-2010, 10:03 PM
Just reposting here after I saw a reference in another thread, anyone else see that fraud committed against K St last night? At the end of the game, Xavier down 3, the guy couldn't be fouled until he was able to attempt the 3 point shot. K St player grabbed him around the waste but the ref wouldn't call it as it'd only allow 2 shots and a K St win. By allowing the 3rd shot, Xavier tied the game and went into double OT to finally lose.

I'm boycotting NCAA. Quit f'n with the games!

That One Guy
03-27-2010, 09:46 PM
Well, after a night of quite possibly the worst shooting I've ever seen, our KY team got sent home. UK had no business losing that game but when you miss 20 straight 3 point shots (or right at that), it's just not your night. I would venture that you could pick just about any member of the Mane and they could hit one out of 20 from 3 point land. I truly am dumbfounded but since the team I was rooting for is now sitting on the couch alongside the Jayhawks, I just had to bump this.