PDA

View Full Version : The 2nd poll: Do you like the trade?

Hercules Rockefeller
03-14-2010, 03:34 PM
Straight forward.

I've got no problem with it. They didn't give up much, especially if that '12 pick can't be anything higher than a mid-round pick.

TheDave
03-14-2010, 03:36 PM
Like it... a FB who was never going to play here and a couple of low round picks for some upside at a position of need.

What's not to like?

gyldenlove
03-14-2010, 03:42 PM
It is Brady ****ing Quinn. When you manage to look like one of the worst players on a bad team, how terrible are you?

chrisp
03-14-2010, 03:43 PM
Whilst I am a bit tired of some of the Hillis homers around here who will get sore manginas at this news, I did actually think the guy had some potential. Quinn I'm not sure about - I have a feeling he's only ever going to be a backup to Orton, and there's no clear bonus that he adds - if he was substantially more mobile than Orton then maybe he could add something to the offense.

So overall I think its a fair draft, but I'm still tempted to think that Hillis had the potential to add more to the offense than Quinn does.

Still, with the D-line additions we've made I'm starting to think we may not need an offense anyway..... :egbgb: :egbgb:

hades
03-14-2010, 03:50 PM
He can't be any worse than Simms, and with the right coaching and a decent line, maybe he can play better than he has in Cleveland. Who knows, maybe he can develope a good long ball and B-Marsh and him hit it off!

CEH
Think about it for a moment
We traded a 3rd string FB for a QB in the NFL
A 3rd string FB for the most important position in professional football

Yeah not too excited but hey if Josh is excited that's all that counts in 2010

Kaylore
In principle It makes sense. We give up a backup fullback for a second string QB to replace the more expensive Simms.

In practice, I like that Hillis is off the team so his followers will finally shut up about him. However the Quinn hype train is going to take his place.

Also Quinn is really gay.

OrangenBlueOhio
03-14-2010, 03:52 PM
It is Brady ****ing Quinn. When you manage to look like one of the worst players on a bad team, how terrible are you?

Huh? There were a lot worse looking players on the Browns. And how many games did he actually get in?

I would say your argument works in the reverse, how good can anyone player look on a team like the browns? He has only ever played with some of the worst talent, and worst coaching, in the NFL. Heck he might be the greatest QB to play game if he ever gets in the right situation. The point is nobody knows because he was in CLEVELAND!

mattob14
03-14-2010, 03:52 PM
Great trade! I like Hillis, but it became obvious last year he wasn't going to play a part in this offense. To turn him, a 6th, and, at most, a future mid-rounder into Quinn, who was very highly regarded only a year or two ago, is a very nice deal. Quinn's still young, more mobile, and has a better arm than Orton, and will be an upgrade to Simms in a worst-case scenario. This also allows the team to focus elsewhere in the draft. All in all, I can't complain about the deal at all.

Kaylore
03-14-2010, 03:53 PM
Whilst I am a bit tired of some of the Hillis homers around here who will get sore manginas at this news, I did actually think the guy had some potential. Quinn I'm not sure about - I have a feeling he's only ever going to be a backup to Orton, and there's no clear bonus that he adds - if he was substantially more mobile than Orton then maybe he could add something to the offense.

So overall I think its a fair draft, but I'm still tempted to think that Hillis had the potential to add more to the offense than Quinn does.

Still, with the D-line additions we've made I'm starting to think we may not need an offense anyway..... :egbgb: :egbgb:

I hear where you're coming from, but Quinn is a decent upgrade over Simms. You need to look at this in terms of what the team was going to use. Hillis would not be used. If he was really as "awesome" as everyone insisted there would be better offers and at the very least we would be getting the picks. The other side is we need a backup QB that doesn't suck, so it makes sense in terms of what the Broncos were going to do with the guy.

Arkansas Bronco
Like most moves Im going with wait and see. Some times even pro-bowlers can move to a new team and suck while at the same time what seems like bad players can move and work. Ill give it time. I was never a Hillis homer so we basically traded a back up RB for a QB that was there current back up.

Paladin
Kaylore, so what if he is gay? You homophobic? I will volunteer to protect you from his advances.....

24champ
03-14-2010, 03:54 PM
Like it... a FB who was never going to play here and a couple of low round picks for some upside at a position of need.

What's not to like?

This.

titan
03-14-2010, 03:58 PM
Haven't watched all of this yet but I'm already seeing a better deep arm and more mobility from Quinn than we have in Orton:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LJgmeEH1lrE&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LJgmeEH1lrE&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

kappys
03-14-2010, 04:01 PM
I'm fairly neutral

Hillis has the physical talent to play in the NFL - not as a starter but as a productive 2nd back. Of course that requires that he get his **** together something he clearly was not able to do last year. We already have a decent 2nd back in Buckhalter and possibly JJ Arrington depending on his recovery.

Quinn sucks. I'm really hoping I'm proven wrong, but I just don't see this guy doing much. He may well be better than Simms, but at this moment I would rather see Brandstater at #2 not knowing anything about how he'll perform except from last pre-season over Quinn. However, I hope to be proven wrong. QB's are always a risk but the potential payoff is huge. I know McD liked the guy and this a great price to get a guy that you want on your team.

elsid13
03-14-2010, 04:05 PM
I am more concern that the trade will stop Denver for getting QB in the draft to develop into a starter then trade of Hillis.

If Cleveland is moving to WCO, Hillis will be nice FB in Rathman mode for them.

Gcver2ver3
03-14-2010, 04:06 PM
Quinn may or may not work out...

but for the price, how can i complain?...

the guy was a 1st round pick a couple yrs ago and he played his best in this system...

i like doing this than to give up a 1st day pick for this overhyped QB class...

bloodsunday
03-14-2010, 04:06 PM
I don't see all that much in Quinn to be excited about. But, they didn't give up much to get him. So I'm neutral to slightly positive.

kappys
03-14-2010, 04:07 PM
Haven't watched all of this yet but I'm already seeing a better deep arm and more mobility from Quinn than we have in Orton:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LJgmeEH1lrE&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LJgmeEH1lrE&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Better deep ball accuracy and mobility I agree, but some of those throws made me cringe. Half the highlights are INT's in the NFL. Throwing off his back foot, across his body, into double/triple coverage while scrambling - yikes!

Hamrob
03-14-2010, 04:19 PM
I love it. Quinn played for who? The ****ing Browns people!!!

He needs time to learn our offense...which is perfect for him
He's more mobile than Orton
He's got a stronger arm than Orton
He's an upgrade over Simms
He's a potential Star with McDaniels coaching him (IMO)
He does need to be a football player instead of a body builder, but he'll be good
He's 2x that of Clausen and some team wil spend a top 10 pick on Clausen

Absolutely brilliant move by McDaniels...I have to give him his props when they are due...add this to the revamping of the Dline...and he's got an A so far (IMO)

I hate losing Hillis...I think he'll be a stud in Cleveland...he may even play TB there. But, he wasn't going to play in our offense and neither is Scheff unfortunately!

Great deal!

Hamrob
03-14-2010, 04:22 PM
I don't see all that much in Quinn to be excited about. But, they didn't give up much to get him. So I'm neutral to slightly positive.Watch the film...and then tell me he doesn't have as much potential as Bradford or Clausen.

elsid13
03-14-2010, 04:23 PM
Better deep ball accuracy and mobility I agree, but some of those throws made me cringe. Half the highlights are INT's in the NFL. Throwing off his back foot, across his body, into double/triple coverage while scrambling - yikes!

Come on, you mean Navy and Purdue aren't breeding grounds for NFL defenders?

Hamrob
03-14-2010, 04:24 PM
I am more concern that the trade will stop Denver for getting QB in the draft to develop into a starter then trade of Hillis.

If Cleveland is moving to WCO, Hillis will be nice FB in Rathman mode for them.Why would you draft a QB now?

We have Orton, Brady and Brandstrater...that's a nice mix in my book! We can pick up a street free agent or keep Simms in the mix for camp. Better all around talent then we have in a while at the QB position.

I thin Quinn and Brandstater will really push Orton...

mattob14
03-14-2010, 04:26 PM

Personally, I think it's a good thing that, in all likelihood, we won't see McD force a pick on a 2nd or 3rd rd QB in a very weak 2010 QB class. If Quinn struggles this year in Denver, then I think you could see a QB drafted in 2011, but I'm actually excited about the fact this should allow the team to focus on both lines and LB in this draft.

NFLBRONCO
03-14-2010, 04:30 PM
What we gave up in trade for Quinn I am fine with. I'm just no fan of Quinn he is only slightly better then Orton. I want an upgrade QB starter not just upgrade backup spot. Welcome to possibility of rotating qb's joy joy.

Popps
03-14-2010, 04:35 PM
It's a nice trade. I think we get a quality back-up with a small-percentage chance of popping up to a starter role in the future. Looks to me like we got a discount version of Kyle Orton, which is MUCH better than Simms.

There's simply nothing to dislike about this trade. We spent nothing, and we're getting stability and potential.

We've now got a couple of guys behind Orton who are somewhat interesting. Not a bad place to be.

Orton will start again next season, and my guess is that Quinn or Brandstater will have a shot to win the gig for the following season if Orton struggles. (And his contract expires.)

Great move... pretty much a no-brainer.

fontaine
03-14-2010, 04:42 PM
I like the move. We traded a guy who wasn't going to play any kind of part in the system plus two late round picks for a physically talented QB that excelled in a similar system.

I don't expect Quinn to do anything this season except ride the bench and learn the offense. Next year they can decide whether he can step in and compete for the starting job.

Durango
03-14-2010, 04:48 PM
I voted 'Hate It', but I should've chosen neutral. I hated it because I like Peyton Hillis, but Peyton wasn't going to get a chance here. Showing up golden boy and Sammy Winder heir apparent Knowshon Moreno would be too much an embarrassment, so Hillis had to go, and the draft choice compensation is minimal, so, what the hey.

Good luck Peyton.

HAT
03-14-2010, 04:54 PM
It's a nice trade. I think we get a quality back-up with a small-percentage chance of popping up to a starter role in the future. Looks to me like we got a discount version of Kyle Orton, which is MUCH better than Simms.

There's simply nothing to dislike about this trade. We spent nothing, and we're getting stability and potential.

We've now got a couple of guys behind Orton who are somewhat interesting. Not a bad place to be.

Orton will start again next season, and my guess is that Quinn or Brandstater will have a shot to win the gig for the following season if Orton struggles. (And his contract expires.)

Great move... pretty much a no-brainer.

+1.

Other than not having a true star 'franchise' QB in the fold, Denver is now in a great position QB-wise.

#1) Solid journeyman starter who should improve in year 2 of this system if he can stay healthy.

#2) Highly touted prospect who never had the surrounding cast to succeed. Should improve with better coaching. Starter experience if Orton goes down.

#3) Developmental type that doesn't need to be rushed.

As a group, that's about all you can ask for from the QB position....(Again, short of having a true top 5 'superstar')

I'd rather have Quinn with the 2011 6th rounder than Skelton. I've been saying all off season it would be a waste to look for a qbotf in this years draft and now they won't have to.

See how far Orton can take you in 2010 & 2011 and then hand the reigns to Quinn in mid 2011 or 2012 if you don't like what you see. At any rate, an Orton/Quinn combo should be serviceable for a few years.....

The real QBOTF's will be coming out in 2013/2014 anyway.

strafen
03-14-2010, 05:04 PM
Why would you draft a QB now?

We have Orton, Brady and Brandstrater...that's a nice mix in my book! We can pick up a street free agent or keep Simms in the mix for camp. Better all around talent then we have in a while at the QB position.

I thin Quinn and Brandstater will really push Orton...I agree. I think Orton will be out of the starting job, and he will be beaten out by either Brandstater or Quinn.

Taco John
03-14-2010, 05:07 PM
I like that Hillis is off the team so his followers will finally shut up about him.

Don't count on that.

Taco John
03-14-2010, 05:08 PM
I don't like the trade. It's shaken my faith in Josh a bit. We'll see how it goes, but right now I feel like we let a potential blue chip get away for Chris Simms Jr.

barryr
03-14-2010, 05:09 PM
The QB class will probably be better in 2011, so this move likely means no QB drafted until later in the draft, if at all.

Losing Hillis and picks that are more likely not going to amount to anything that would be used for a special player is not much, so I'm in wait and see mode since I'm not a big believer in Quinn at this point. Though no QB in Cleveland would look good with that crappy offense they have had the last few years.

theAPAOps5
03-14-2010, 05:11 PM
I don't like the trade. It's shaken my faith in Josh a bit. We'll see how it goes, but right now I feel like we let a potential blue chip get away for Chris Simms Jr.

Yeah a blue chip in Shanny's system and still limited. Lets not overreact, Hillis wasn't doing something right in this system. So he gets a new chance and so does Quinn.

Might not work out for either side but I wouldn't call Hillis a potential blue chip. But I will miss him and his hard nose football of 2 years ago.

strafen
03-14-2010, 05:12 PM

Great move... pretty much a no-brainer.LOL!
Quinn will be our starter QB.
If you think this place is in a meltdown mode right now, wait until Orton becomes the back-up.
That's going to be epic! LOL

Taco John
03-14-2010, 05:17 PM
Yeah a blue chip in Shanny's system and still limited. Lets not overreact, Hillis wasn't doing something right in this system. So he gets a new chance and so does Quinn.

Might not work out for either side but I wouldn't call Hillis a potential blue chip. But I will miss him and his hard nose football of 2 years ago.

Hillis never got a real opportunity in this system. If he had been given Lamont Jordan's carries, he'd have stole the starting job from Tatum Moreno. I don't like the move at all. We cut Jordan. We move Hillis. Now what? Moreno and Buckhalter is our runningback foundation? Not exactly reassuring.

elsid13
03-14-2010, 05:20 PM
Hillis never got a real opportunity in this system. If he had been given Lamont Jordan's carries, he'd have stole the starting job from Tatum Moreno. I don't like the move at all. We cut Jordan. We move Hillis. Now what? Moreno and Buckhalter is our runningback foundation? Not exactly reassuring.

Expect an offense heavy draft again with RB in mid rounds to be the power back.

theAPAOps5
03-14-2010, 05:23 PM

I understand your concerns and they are very valid. Knowshow was underwhelming his first season. I am not ready to write him off though because he played injured and the line didn't mesh with McD's way. So he gets one more season to show something.

I agree it was asinine Hillis couldn't play over Jordan, have always detested that but we aren't privy to the every day practices and meetings.

Taco John
03-14-2010, 05:26 PM
Last year at this time, all the people who were bashing Hillis now were touting him as a 4 down back who was a big reason for optimism.

barryr
03-14-2010, 05:28 PM
Hillis will be out of the NFL in a few years. He just doesn't have the head for the game. This love affair some have for this guy is still quite puzzling. I actually watched the games and watched this guy make mistake after mistake on the field when he did get a chance to play. I'm sure the Broncos will draft another RB in the mid rounds and someone who can remember the plays.

24champ
03-14-2010, 05:33 PM

ROFL!

A blue chip RB/FB that couldn't crack the lineup until RB's were dropping like flies.

Between this and your George Foster lovefest...I don't know which is worse.

Drek
03-14-2010, 05:34 PM

LaMont Jordan basically didn't touch the ball after week 5. Up to that point McDaniels was still trying to get Hillis involved, but Peyton kept ****ing up.

Hillis' inability to produce last year was entirely on Hillis' inability to work within this offense. There was a clear role for him (the Kevin Faulk role) but he couldn't take it. Instead he did a bad job as a situational FB and got benched.

I'm sure it was McDaniels' fault though. Nothing to do with Hillis not being able to do anything right on the field. McDaniels should've kept exposing the team to risk while trying to win games because Hillis is real athletic.

Hillis had his shot, he muffed it. Just like that kickoff to open the game against the Browns last year. We'll see if he puts anything together in Cleveland. I'm betting the Browns end up shocked at how little football intelligence the guy possesses and he's relegated to a similar role he had with us.

NYBronco
03-14-2010, 05:34 PM
I like the trade and was beginning to think Hillis would have been cut. At least the Broncos got some trade value out of him.

Florida_Bronco
03-14-2010, 05:39 PM
ROFL!

A blue chip RB/FB that couldn't crack the lineup until RB's were dropping like flies. And who had an IQ hovering around "functionally retarded".

strafen
03-14-2010, 05:42 PM
Hillis will be out of the NFL in a few years. He just doesn't have the head for the game. This love affair some have for this guy is still quite puzzling. I actually watched the games and watched this guy make mistake after mistake on the field when he did get a chance to play. I'm sure the Broncos will draft another RB in the mid rounds and someone who can remember the plays.Are you talking about his 14 carries he's got all year?
Be happy with Moreno. He's the future.
This year will validate his bust status for sure!

lostknight
03-14-2010, 05:49 PM

The good news is that with Nolan's defense, we can afford to spend picks on Shanahan's offense..

Err. Waitaminute.

Smiling Assassin27
03-14-2010, 06:14 PM

the reason a qb looks bad, oftentimes, is because his ol, rb, and wr's stink. i believe quinn will look just fine when he gets the system and gets time to throw. accuracy is a concern, though, i'll admit.

still, we gave up virtually nothing for simms' replacement. i'm cool with that.

TonyR
03-14-2010, 06:34 PM
ROFL!

A blue chip RB/FB that couldn't crack the lineup until RB's were dropping like flies.

Between this and your George Foster lovefest...I don't know which is worse.

He was mad when Andra Davis was cut because he had 90-some tackles, and now he's upset because we gave up Hillis for a potential starting QB. I come to the Mane for comedy as much as football!

TonyR
03-14-2010, 06:37 PM
He does need to be a football player instead of a body builder, but he'll be good

You're more optimistic than me but you make some good points.

broncofan7
03-14-2010, 06:46 PM
I love it. Quinn played for who? The ****ing Browns people!!!

Absolutely brilliant move by McDaniels...I have to give him his props when they are due...add this to the revamping of the Dline...and he's got an A so far (IMO)

I hate losing Hillis...I think he'll be a stud in Cleveland...he may even play TB there. But, he wasn't going to play in our offense and neither is Scheff unfortunately!

Great deal!

I agree with your post 110%.....I just hope that he doesn't trade BMarsh. Clausen may have a stronger arm than Quinn, but I think that Quinn was projected to be the better professional than Clausen currently is. Today was a good day folks.

broncofan7
03-14-2010, 06:47 PM
Now we need to sign Brian Westbrook. It's worth the risk (injury).

colonelbeef
03-14-2010, 06:53 PM
Another mediocre QB into the fold. Whoopee.

2KBack
03-14-2010, 07:21 PM

25 carries over the course of 16 weeks would be enough to supplant Moreno?

ColoradoDarin
03-14-2010, 08:00 PM
Even if Quinn is nothing more than our backup this is a good trade.

Archer81
03-14-2010, 08:17 PM
In principle It makes sense. We give up a backup fullback for a second string QB to replace the more expensive Simms.

In practice, I like that Hillis is off the team so his followers will finally shut up about him. However the Quinn hype train is going to take his place.

Also Quinn is really gay.

Im sure most men have had pictures taken where they grab another dude's junk...am I right?...

:Broncos:

HAT
03-14-2010, 09:09 PM
I don't like the trade. It's shaken my faith in Josh a bit. We'll see how it goes, but right now I feel like we let a potential blue chip get away..... .

http://rougeforthewin.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/blue-chip.jpg

HAT
03-14-2010, 09:10 PM
Now we need to sign Brian Westbrook. It's worth the risk (injury).

LOL

Dumb as ever I see.

theAPAOps5
03-14-2010, 09:11 PM
Im sure most men have had pictures taken where they grab another dude's junk...am I right?...

Uh no, not really. A pat on the butt, maybe. But crotch cuppage is a definite no-no in man law.

Have you ever seen Office Space where Peter asks Lawrence if anyone says you have a case of the Mondays.?

Well the reply Lawrence has fits exactly with what happens when you try to grab another guys junk.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lV7DzFP6FUY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lV7DzFP6FUY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Taco John
03-14-2010, 09:22 PM
Erasing my personal feelings about Hillis and Quinn for a moment... Reflecting on the fact that Quinn was Josh's first chioce for QB last year, and he ended up trading Cutler to get Orton -- to trade Hillis to get his first choice of QB - well that's a good trade. Josh and Brian deserve kudos.

theAPAOps5
03-14-2010, 09:32 PM
Erasing my personal feelings about Hillis and Quinn for a moment... Reflecting on the fact that Quinn was Josh's first chioce for QB last year, and he ended up trading Cutler to get Orton -- to trade Hillis to get his first choice of QB - well that's a good trade. Josh and Brian deserve kudos.

Wasn't Matt Cassel his first choice? I mean thats what got the ball rolling in the cry baby Cutler fiasco. So theoretically Quinn was his second choice if the facts reported are accurate.

Hercules Rockefeller
03-14-2010, 09:33 PM
Wasn't Matt Cassel his first choice? I mean thats what got the ball rolling in the cry baby Cutler fiasco. So theoretically Quinn was his second choice if the facts reported are accurate.

Teams came to him about Cassel, not the other way around.

theAPAOps5
03-14-2010, 09:34 PM
Teams came to him about Cassel, not the other way around.

I know but he listened to the offers, didn't he?

Teams didn't come to him about Quinn.

broncocalijohn
03-14-2010, 09:35 PM
We gave up a 6th and a guy that many liked but probably wasnt going to get the chance to showcase his talent again under McDaniels. I hope nothing for the best with Hillis and might show McDaniels that he made a mistake. I just dont think the Browns OL is that good to showcase too much. I think Orton is better than Quinn but some competition cant hurt.

Hercules Rockefeller
03-14-2010, 09:37 PM
I know but he listened to the offers, didn't he?

Teams didn't come to him about Quinn.

Listening doesn't make Cassel his first choice.

Blueflame
03-14-2010, 09:42 PM

Between that pic and the oft-posted one of Kyle Orton... well, it seems pretty clear that Tim Tebow might not feel comfortable in our locker room... which means we probably won't draft him. :P

gyldenlove
03-14-2010, 09:48 PM
Even if Quinn is nothing more than our backup this is a good trade.

Quinn being the backup is the best case scenario to me.

I really doubt he can beat out Brandstater for the number 2 position.

theAPAOps5
03-14-2010, 09:53 PM
Between that pic and the oft-posted one of Kyle Orton... well, it seems pretty clear that Tim Tebow might not feel comfortable in our locker room... which means we probably won't draft him. :P

And this is another positive. I have wavered on McD since the collapse and the parting ways of Nolan. But he just reassured the fans that Tim Tebow the biggest fraud and most overrated QB since Tim Couch or Todd Marinovich won't be in Denver...... :thanku:;D

Rohirrim
03-15-2010, 01:22 AM
Quinn is a loser. Beavis is an idiot.

TonyR
03-15-2010, 09:21 AM

Not sure if you're kidding or not, but every guy who was in a fraternity in college knows this kind of joking around happens all the time. I'm not sure why so many here get so stirred up by those pictures. Often those who protest the loudest have the most to hide...

oubronco
03-15-2010, 09:35 AM

Don't forget JJ

Rohirrim
03-15-2010, 09:45 AM
It's a headache trade. Holmgren got rid of his headache and McD got rid of his.

Rohirrim
03-15-2010, 09:47 AM

Only in your world. ;D

oubronco
03-15-2010, 09:47 AM

When did McD get rid of Orton

TailgateNut
03-15-2010, 09:48 AM

LOL

Dunno, I thought the SB commercial idea was kinda gay.

^5

BroncoMan4ever
03-15-2010, 09:57 AM
if Quinn is only ever a backup, it is a good trade because he is exponentially better than Simms.

and if he shows he can be a franchise QB, we totally raped Cleveland in the trade.

it is a win win situation.

whoever of he and Orton that loses out on the starting job is going to be a dramatic improvement to the backup position, and for near the league minimum in salary for Quinn, what isn't to like?

Rohirrim
03-15-2010, 10:01 AM
There are a few people in the league that I never wanted to see in the O&B. Quinn is one of them. Clausen and TO are two others.

boppool
03-15-2010, 10:17 AM

He was Cleveland's headache, because they had a lot invested in him. He definately isn't next coming of Peyton Manning, yet entire organization and the city had unrealistic goal for him.

OTOH, we gave up 2 low round picks and back up RB who might've been cut anyway. If Brady plays less than 30%, he'll be cheap. At the same time, we made an upgrade at back up QB spot. The guy stays out of trouble and kept relatively quiet during all those QB controversies in Cleveland.

How's that our headache?

Rohirrim
03-15-2010, 10:18 AM
He was Cleveland's headache, because they had a lot invested in him. He definately isn't next coming of Peyton Manning, yet entire organization and the city had unrealistic goal for him.

OTOH, we gave up 2 low round picks and back up RB who might've been cut anyway. If Brady plays less than 30%, he'll be cheap. At the same time, we made an upgrade at back up QB spot. The guy stays out of trouble and kept relatively quiet during all those QB controversies in Cleveland.

How's that our headache?

Because McD spent most of last season telling the fans and the press what he was, and wasn't, going to do with Hillis. Where were you?

HILife
03-15-2010, 10:19 AM
Yes, like the trade. Losing little with some potental for return.